• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys, I was lucky enough to pull Axe God from ML summons. I don't have either him or Lorina built - who should i invest in? I have defense breakers like Kluri and Bellona, but they can get resisted by the red element. My understanding is Axe god is 100% unresistable def break since he is dark... any opinions?

I don't think it exist a 100% unresistable def break, 100% of chance doesn't mean it can't be resisted , it depends on the enemy effect resistance and your effectiveness from what I understand (maybe I'm wrong)

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Hi guys, I was lucky enough to pull Axe God from ML summons. I don't have either him or Lorina built - who should i invest in? I have defense breakers like Kluri and Bellona, but they can get resisted by the red element. My understanding is Axe god is 100% unresistable def break since he is dark... any opinions?
okita is correct. No matter what, you will always have a 15% chance to get resisted. It's just how the game is.

Personally, I think Axe God is better than Lorina and would focus on him.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It feels like a dangerous luxury to raise any skill beyond the "essential" cool-down reduction step. Though considering they already made one change to molo's I'm hopeful we'll see another sooner rather than later.

I have no idea how you would ever think this. B&S are mass debuffers. They're not damage support like Aramintha. Very different roles.

Honestly because I didnt look at their abilities just saw they are one step down from Aramintha on the tier lists and that they were also a red mage.

Rahk

Oct 25, 2017
Falconer Kluri works against red elements as S3 isn't an attack so it can't miss. Enemies can still resist it, but I don't think elemental disadvantage affects that. You can also soul burn to ignore resistance and guarantee it. I use her for wyvern.

With that said, it's good to have 2 armour breakers on a team to keep it up more often, and Axe God has that as well as good DPS so he's a great unit in any team. Lorina will provide better single target DPS and some combat readiness though. You'll probably want to invest in both eventually to give more team options for different content, so I'd just say to focus on whatever you need most at the moment.

If you've already invested heavily and are using F.Kluri and Bellona, Lorina might be a better choice to start with to give more DPS for bosses as you already have good armour break. If you haven't invested much in them yet and like Axe God, you could start raising him though.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I tried replacing Silk with Bellona on my Arena offense team and...wow. I fought a level 50 Achates/Kise/Kluri/Aramintha team and it was like a warm knife through butter. A team I could've beat before, but it would've taken more work with Silk. Bellona's aoe def break is huge.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone play KR and know if they have a) a 10-summon option, or b) an easier way to acquire MolaGora?

Also, how do you get the thing that trades for 25 MolaGora in the shop?

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
My work is super ramping up for a busy time this week, so all I do right now is auto farm the Serila challenge on easy. Unfortunately, I can't do hard...
(Only one more to go for SSS, please hear my prayers, RNGeesus!)

I recently pulled a 4* Surin, so I had this vision where I would build a fire team around burn debuffs with Surin, Carrot and Serila, plus Hazel.
So I 5* Serila and level them all up, spend my gold on gear...
Then I pulled a 4* Shuri, and now what.

Then more bullshit happened, and I think my account is now broken.

First of all, I got crazy lucky with this in maybe 30 pulls.
screenshot_20190112-1zyk59.jpg

Fvck yeah.
That was also the first pull from a 50 bookmark pack, so I stopped pulling that banner immediately, haha.

However, those other unused bookmarks started burning a hole in my pocket, so I started wasting around 90 or so on the normal banner to fill up the gold transmit stone bar, which got me the mentioned Shuri and Arrowell from the ML pull (booo).

Skip to today, I had another 50 bookmarks saved up, and thought, ah why not.
So I started pulling the generic banner and after 3 pulls get this.
screenshot_20190116-0rhjf5.jpg

WTF, game, I had plans for my fire team.

Well, it's time for bed, and I already spent all my stamina. Whatever, let's pull the rest of the bookmarks and then sleep.

screenshot_20190116-0xkj3s.jpg

Dude.
Did I do it?
Did I win the game?

Anyways. Ouf. I'm out of gold, no penguins, I just 6*ed Vildred so I'm low on phantasmas too... I... don't know what to do next.

BUT, as an aside, I went back and cleared all stage missions on normal difficulty for the prisms. I took Bask as my knight unit to clear 10-10 and his debuff immunity made the fight quite trivial. It did take me 3 tries to pull it off at the perfect time though, but if anyone is struggling, this really worked well!

Also, I fucking love whoever put what I consider a Bill & Ted reference in this gacha game.
screenshot_20190108-2e1jjq.jpg

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Congrats DeeDee! Those are some solid pulls
Anyone else having issues logging in? getting stove errors
I haven't been having any issues.
Does anyone play KR and know if they have a) a 10-summon option, or b) an easier way to acquire MolaGora?

Also, how do you get the thing that trades for 25 MolaGora in the shop?
I think we're currently matched with KR, so no 10-pull or better molagora rate.

As for that item, I believe it was from before they changed the amount of molagoras needed to upgrade skills. As in there was a tier above the red one(which you need 4 regulars to get). It should be for people who still had them to trade down

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I don't even want to imagine what kind of investment that would take. Seems like a nightmare to fight too

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Congrats DeeDee! Those are some solid pulls

I haven't been having any issues.

I think we're currently matched with KR, so no 10-pull or better molagora rate.

As for that item, I believe it was from before they changed the amount of molagoras needed to upgrade skills. As in there was a tier above the red one(which you need 4 regulars to get). It should be for people who still had them to trade down
Oh so all regions worldwide have the same content? For some reason I thought KR or JP had the game at least a year ago.

That actually gives me some hope, as games tend to be pretty rough at their launch

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Oh so all regions worldwide have the same content? For some reason I thought KR or JP had the game at least a year ago.

That actually gives me some hope, as games tend to be pretty rough at their launch

Yes same content, korean version came a few months earlier and I' don't think there is a specific japanese version, there are an Asia, Global and Korean servers

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I am getting reckoning for the insane luck I had with the Kise banner. 1100+ Bookmarks and counting, and still no Bellona. Did one of you curse me or something?

Well, screw it, was is destined to be mine will be mine, what isn't destined to be mine will still be mine one day on the general gacha. Meanwhile, I'm seeing some nice dps potential in Silk with her S1 and S2 upgraded, so she's my next 6*. She'll help me get past abyss 69.

Anyway, after beeing curbstomped a few times by Bellona in arena, I'm hoping we're not seeing the start of a power-creep trend with new heroes. Bellona is basically obsoleting Iseria. More single-target dps, much, much more AoE dps, and same debuffs with roughly equivalent frequency of use. Iseria only has her S2 and slightly higher base stats for her.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Anyway, after beeing curbstomped a few times by Bellona in arena, I'm hoping we're not seeing the start of a power-creep trend with new heroes. Bellona is basically obsoleting Iseria. More single-target dps, much, much more AoE dps, and same debuffs with roughly equivalent frequency of use. Iseria only has her S2 and slightly higher base stats for her.
Wut.

Bellona's single-target DPS is only higher against boss enemies, not player characters in arena, and she only applies def break - she can't delete peoples' buffs AND prevent them from getting any new ones. They fulfill entirely different roles.

What is with people and making these weird comparisons between characters that shouldn't be compared?

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
I am getting reckoning for the insane luck I had with the Kise banner. 1100+ Bookmarks and counting, and still no Bellona. Did one of you curse me or something?

Well, screw it, was is destined to be mine will be mine, what isn't destined to be mine will still be mine one day on the general gacha. Meanwhile, I'm seeing some nice dps potential in Silk with her S1 and S2 upgraded, so she's my next 6*. She'll help me get past abyss 69.

I absolutely disagree with Bellona overshadowing Iseria.

Bellona is great, but Iseria has a different role.
Also, Iseria's def break is more reliable thanks to her S1 burn.
Iseria brings Dispel + unbuffable (Bellona don't)
Iseria doubles your healer power OR your main DPS power with her S2.

Bellona wins in AOE and ST boss damage IF built Crit Damage.

I would still take Iseria in my team though.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Also, Iseria's def break is more reliable thanks to her S1 burn.

I don't want to really get in the middle of this because comparing the two is odd in the first place, but this isn't really true. Iseria when her S1 is maxed can do a 50% def break on one person, and the soul burn makes that 100%. Bellona can do an AOE break that is 80% with her S3 maxed out, and when the S3 is triggered from her S1 that becomes 100%. So not only does Bellona's def break apply to the whole party, it has a 30% higher chance by default than Iseria's.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Axe God would be easier to achieve his specialty change due to his requirements. Whereas Lorina's specialty change is an absolute slog to get through.

Actual ranking wise Lorina is arguably the highest spiked DPS character in the game and when you kit her out she is an absolute monster. Axe God is amazing too.

I'd honestly level both of them up to 50 and then just grind out Axe God's specialty change first and then by just playing the game you'll begin to unlock Lorinas.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Actual ranking wise Lorina is arguably the highest spiked DPS character in the game
Factually incorrect. C. Dominiel in particular gets a much, MUCH larger spike when properly stacked, and Luna (who isn't released on global yet) can also give her a run for her money, though there is RNG involved there. Oh, and the two major characters with target max HP scaling damage (Bellona and Nemunas) can get ridiculously huge numbers against tanky bosses. Ravi is also surprisingly competitive when stacked with attack and crit damage thanks to her MASSIVE S1 soulburn ratio and increased attack from fighting spirit (a maximum of +75% attack, same as Lorina).

Now, if you limited this conversation entirely to natural 3*s... might be true. For now. There are numerous better options available, however.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Factually incorrect. C. Dominiel in particular gets a much, MUCH larger spike when properly stacked, and Luna (who isn't released on global yet) can also give her a run for her money, though there is RNG involved there. Oh, and the two major characters with target max HP scaling damage (Bellona and Nemunas) can get ridiculously huge numbers against tanky bosses. Ravi is also surprisingly competitive when stacked with attack and crit damage thanks to her MASSIVE S1 soulburn ratio and increased attack from fighting spirit (a maximum of +75% attack, same as Lorina).

Now, if you limited this conversation entirely to natural 3*s... might be true. For now. There are numerous better options available, however.
I said arguably....

Also C.Dominiel is a moonlight summon and is 100% times harder to acquire and to kit her out isn't exactly easy to accomplish. Luna isn't even in the global game yet either so I don't get your comparison there as it's redundant for the vast majority of us here who play in Global.

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
I don't want to really get in the middle of this because comparing the two is odd in the first place, but this isn't really true. Iseria when her S1 is maxed can do a 50% def break on one person, and the soul burn makes that 100%. Bellona can do an AOE break that is 80% with her S3 maxed out, and when the S3 is triggered from her S1 that becomes 100%. So not only does Bellona's def break apply to the whole party, it has a 30% higher chance by default than Iseria's.

As I said, Bellona wins in the AoE deparmtent for obvious reasons.
In the def break reliability though?

You can't proc S3 on S1 as often as you think. It's really fast at the beginning of a fight, because S3 gives 3 stacks. So the first 2 cycles are very fast.

Iseria's S1 can be soulburned to bring it to 100% with just 10 souls. And the skill is always available.
Her S3 has already 100% Def Break and doesn't need Bellona's stack procs to get that number from the start, hence, Iseria's def break is more reliable.

In raid bosses where timing the def break at the right moment is crucial to victory, I find Iseria's def break a lot more reliable.

(You can't really control Bellona's S1 triggering S3, once it's ready it goes off. Great for farming, not so great for raid bosses)

Also, I don't understand why you are ignoring Iseria's S3 100% Def Break chance? Your whole argument would apply if Iseria had only S1.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I said arguably....

Also C.Dominiel is a moonlight summon and is 100% times harder to acquire and to kit her out isn't exactly easy to accomplish. Luna isn't even in the global game yet either so I don't get your comparison there as it's redundant for the vast majority of us here who play in Global.
Sorry, I just really hate Lorina. Seeing her advertised with hyperbole over her spike damage really rubs me the wrong way. She's bloody everywhere and I just want her to go away already! Her design is a extreme eyesore and well over half the people on my friends list have her in their warrior slot when she's completely useless for fodder leveling. Fuck her and her entire existence.

If she could be deleted from the game, I would be too happy.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, and the two major characters with target max HP scaling damage (Bellona and Nemunas) can get ridiculously huge numbers against tanky bosses.

Yeah, Nemunas can do some crazy single-target damage, especially for a 3*. I hope she gets a spec change some day, I like her design.

Also, I don't understand why you are ignoring Iseria's S3 100% Def Break chance? Your whole argument would apply if Iseria had only S1.

Well, mostly because I forgot about her S3 def break since I don't have her.

I can't speak to raid suitability because I'm not at that stage of the game, but the comparison started in relation to her Arena skills so that's what I was going off of. It's a fair point regarding the consistency of the S1->S3 on Bellona, but for me having to soul burn is a negative since I'd rather use it with other characters. 80% is already pretty good odds without needing anything.

But in any case they're both good characters and suited for somewhat different roles.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Sorry, I just really hate Lorina. Seeing her advertised with hyperbole over her spike damage really rubs me the wrong way. She's bloody everywhere and I just want her to go away already! Her design is a extreme eyesore and well over half the people on my friends list have her in their warrior slot when she's completely useless for fodder leveling. Fuck her and her entire existence.

If she could be deleted from the game, I would be too happy.
Haha, I know what you mean. :P

Smilegate decided to make her very powerful and easy to acquire so who knows, perhaps the nerf hammer will get her before too long! RIP Tierea.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Wut.

Bellona's single-target DPS is only higher against boss enemies, not player characters in arena, and she only applies def break - she can't delete peoples' buffs AND prevent them from getting any new ones. They fulfill entirely different roles.

What is with people and making these weird comparisons between characters that shouldn't be compared?

Where does single-target dps matter? Against boss.
Her single-target dps also exceed Iseria's in pvp when you take into account that she'll often combo you with S3, S1+S3 by the time your own characters get to act once (because Rosa Hargana). I've experienced getting my 180k CP team reduced to a single survivor that way, it's much more game-breaking than Diene ever was.

So I forgot about Iseria's buffs cleanse and debuff. Fine, she's not completely obsolete, she just become a niche character.

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
Ayato_Kanzaki
Would me having cleared the whole Abyss and Raid matter anything in telling you that Iseria is definitely not overshadowed by Bellona?
If I had to chose between the two, I'd still get Iseria, but I value and understand Bellona's power.

Bellona would excel in Abyss boss fights rather than Raid boss fights.
Raid bosses don't pack absurd numbers of HP, they're so manageable that you can actually one or two shot them with the correct setup.

Bellona DPS, thanks to her AOE and S1 4% HP thing will always be higher than Iseria's DPS.
Iseria is never going to be your main dps though, she excels at being a support/DPS hybrid, and that's why I value her more.

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
So, Hazel specialty change this month, but only after Roozid... I guess we'll be getting his in this week's update, then!
I don't quite get the use of that Mystery Summon pool, this is all becoming reaaaally complicated to follow! I hope that gating the new ML characters behind it would means they'll become more generous with the gold transmit stones, because the ML summons will become rather unexciting quite quick otherwise!

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
That lovely ML Sez, such a beauty.
Did the data miners ever find out any more about the dude that looks like Vildred from the future that was hidden in the files though? I'm not kidding myself, I'll never be able to save up galaxy bookmarks long enough to wait for a mystery summon, but it's nice to dream.

I'm still in the middle of both Lorina's and Kluri's Specialty changes, but I might be able to finish of Kluri next week - I'll probably skip Roozid for now and focus on Hazel then, unless they completely revamp him. What do people use him for? Seems like Silk as a speed buffer is more useful, but maybe there's something to him I don't get?

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
I'm glad to see that they're at least acknowledging the issues with hero progression and team building. That's great, since it's the biggest thing I have against this game right now.

Everything else is extra icing on top.

Also completely forgot to level Roozid. D'oh.

Last edited:

Gohlad

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
Would be sooooo awesome if they removed the gold cost for changing equipment, or at least make it so it's free on the weekends or something like that, I want to experiment with different characters and team comps but always changing the good equipment is too expensive...

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
That new dude, is he the one from the arena cutscene?

Edit: So you get one copy of him from reputation if you beat him 40 times (!!??!?!) on higher (!?!?!?!) than hard (?!?!?!)???
Why would you need that with 20% and 50% drop chance on those high difficulties anyway!?!?!?!
What am I missing here?

As someone who farms the shitty easy difficulty for Serila currently, and still didn't SSS her, I feel slightly mocked??

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
That new dude, is he the one from the arena cutscene?

Edit: So you get one copy of him from reputation if you beat him 40 times (!!??!?!) on higher (!?!?!?!) than hard (?!?!?!)???
Why would you need that with 20% and 50% drop chance on those high difficulties anyway!?!?!?!
What am I missing here?

As someone who farms the shitty easy difficulty for Serila currently, and still didn't SSS her, I feel slightly mocked??

People are going to want to farm him ... 6 times?... to max his aura and turn him into a 6*.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
People are going to want to farm him ... 6 times?... to max his aura and turn him into a 6*.

That I understand, but if you beat him 40 times with a 20% drop chance on Hell, then my math says you got him 6 times already probably?
Wouldn't it be nicer to give a guaranteed one to people that can only farm him on easy or normal with the really shitty drop rates?

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
I was the guy who levelled Hazel up to 50 instead of Roozid. XD

Looks like I'll have to level him up from 40-50 now.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really want that Red Sez but I am not enthused to see a third type of gacha in the game. Unless I missed it they havent said if the new Mystery Summon will use a new currency or, most importantly, if it will have a pity system. My money is on the answers to those questions being yes and no. Hopefully I'm wrong but it feels like the new type of gacha is so they can introduce limited characters with no pity system.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Grats, Scum! Lorina's quest was a serious grind, I remember. Hope you enjoy her DPS!

Roozid at level 43... oh lordy.

Further thoughts on the update notes - Didn't really see them still touch on the problem with gold in the game. I noticed the new Zeno's Challenge rep. reward for "Epic Hell" is 100,000 gold. That's, what, 2 high level gear upgrades? I know I won't be able to touch that at all, so I can only imagine how difficult the challenge will be.

Edit - looks like they changed it to Molagorago on the actual update itself. Haha. Guess people complained.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Those dev notes are really nice to see. A lot of updates are coming down the line. The new summon is interesting, I guess new ML summons will show up there first then move to the general ML pool. So it'll have less units in the pool but the pool will have a couple from the standard summon pool, so high risk high reward; and there's the question of currency too. I guess ML Sez and Clarissa possessed by a cat will show up there first?

Also, Roozid's specialty change design is really cool; I still have no nowhere near the runes to finish Kluri's skill tree so I'm in no rush to get him to 50/update him.

Status
Not open for further replies.