• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
I don't really like these types of guild wars. I understand the concept but I always worry that my guys won't be able to take same level opponents since they don't have the best gear plus I don't have 6 geared units I could mix here that work together. I'll have to figure something out and try to get something better together.
I wonder when the Great Achievement is going to be patched in along with lots of other stuff that says to be updated.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I don't really like these types of guild wars. I understand the concept but I always worry that my guys won't be able to take same level opponents since they don't have the best gear plus I don't have 6 geared units I could mix here that work together. I'll have to figure something out and try to get something better together.
I wonder when the Great Achievement is going to be patched in along with lots of other stuff that says to be updated.

It's all up to matchmaking and if there are undergeared people on the other side, you choose who you attack outside of everyone going for two of three fortresses. There were several low power defenders I saw on the enemy side.

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
This Guild War has been a disaster for me. By the time I logged on all the easy opponents had been beaten, so I just picked the best target I could identify... and lost badly. Both teams wiped out. Which apparently means I can't use pretty much any of my level 50 characters anymore. So, yeah, I'm kinda useless now.

My apologies, fellow members of EpicReset.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
This Guild War has been a disaster for me. By the time I logged on all the easy opponents had been beaten, so I just picked the best target I could identify... and lost badly. Both teams wiped out. Which apparently means I can't use pretty much any of my level 50 characters anymore. So, yeah, I'm kinda useless now.

All I ask is that people throw their units recklessly at the enemy. We'll pick our battles better next time.

Even though we are focusing on their harder tower and stronghold after that, you could have ventured into the third nontarget tower and pick off the easiest person there, we'd still get havoc points. Nvm, checking that fortress and all the buildings are solid.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
As a EU pleb, I have to say that timing is important. I'll try to wait next time and attack last.

For the main towers, do they at least get weaker when you attack them?

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Any tips for using Tenebria? I'm more interested in PVE, but I'm guessing Spd/Hit is the way to go to let her debuff as much as possible. Really happy to have pulled her since I really like her style.

Also my cidd still seems to be dead for GW? I can't seem to select him for the next round for offense

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for using Tenebria? I'm more interested in PVE, but I'm guessing Spd/Hit is the way to go to let her debuff as much as possible. Really happy to have pulled her since I really like her style.

Also my cidd still seems to be dead for GW? I can't seem to select him for the next round for offense

I lost two members in a fight and was able to put them on the team again today , maybe it's a bug? Edit: (It wasn't my last fight though)

As a EU pleb, I have to say that timing is important. I'll try to wait next time and attack last.

For the main towers, do they at least get weaker when you attack them?

After clearing the smaller towers around you are able to attack and do damage, they are tougher to destroy though, have more HP ...

Last edited:

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I lost Haste in the second fight as I mentioned before in this thread, but I can add him back into my offense team for the next round.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Weird I can set her on defence but not offence. Oh well no big deal as its only one. Cant assign units to buildings either. Though as my mind is like a sieve I cant recall if I should be able to or not.

I will say as GW needs you to dig a bit deeper into your roster it does make the gearing issues feel a bit more grating.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So I got pretty lucky yesterday and today in my gacha and got Angelica and Karin. Angelica will replace Aither (which is 5* and S-Rank memory imprinted, but Angelica seems among the top healers).

Not sure about Karin. She seems to be good but I already have Sigret. I also have Silk. My main team is Silk, Sigret, Angelica and Ras at the moment. The hero I want to replace the most at the moment is Ras. He seems okay-ish, but not that great as a tank? Any recommendations? Is Lorina tanky enough to replace him, but I would have to push her from 3* to 5* star first? The other Knights I have are Maya, Butcher Corps Inquisitor and Taranor Royal Guard. Maya is 4* and the others 3*. So there has to be another investment and I still don't have a 6* unit. So maybe just stick with Ras and save my fodder.

How can I be useful in Guild Wars with my low-bob-units? Just attack the enemies and do as much damage as I can or better not attack at all and simply assign teams for defense?

okita

Oct 25, 2017
So I got pretty lucky yesterday and today in my gacha and got Angelica and Karin. Angelica will replace Aither (which is 5* and S-Rank memory imprinted, but Angelica seems among the top healers).

Not sure about Karin. She seems to be good but I already have Sigret. I also have Silk. My main team is Silk, Sigret, Angelica and Ras at the moment. The hero I want to replace the most at the moment is Ras. He seems okay-ish, but not that great as a tank? Any recommendations? Is Lorina tanky enough to replace him, but I would have to push her from 3* to 5* star first? The other Knights I have are Maya, Butcher Corps Inquisitor and Taranor Royal Guard. Maya is 4* and the others 3*. So there has to be another investment and still don't have a 6* unit. So maybe just stick with Ras.

How can I be useful in Guild Wars with my low-bob-units? Just attack the enemies and do as much damage as I can or better not attack at all and simply assign teams for defense?

You can use Angelica to Tank as long she is geared enough , put the prophetic candlestick on her while doing this. Karin is decent but she really shines with the R&L 5* artifact so keep her around I guess

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

At least you attacked. Last I looked last night, we had almost half our guild not do their attacks. Maybe they are night owls :)

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

Not sure about Karin. She seems to be good but I already have Sigret. I also have Silk. My main team is Silk, Sigret, Angelica and Ras at the moment. The hero I want to replace the most at the moment is Ras. He seems okay-ish, but not that great as a tank? Any recommendations? Is Lorina tanky enough to replace him, but I would have to push her from 3* to 5* star first? The other Knights I have are Maya, Butcher Corps Inquisitor and Taranor Royal Guard. Maya is 4* and the others 3*. So there has to be another investment and I still don't have a 6* unit. So maybe just stick with Ras and save my fodder.

If you want someone to replace Ras that can tank, sound like Maya or Taranor Royal Guard are your beat bet, but while they'll do a much better job at tanking than Ras, they aren't exactly great units either.
To be fair, there's not a lot of great tanks in the hero pool in the first place. Most people use speciality changed Kluri, who is easy enough to get.
Best Tank units are Krau, Armin / Crimson Armin and Shadow Rose (ML version).
There's also Pyllis from ML summons who becomes a good tank if you can put an Auris artifact on her (she has a passive that triggers when taking damage and Auris guarantees that she always does).

Most people just let their healers tank, because they are often build around DEF or health anyway. Just make sure you look out for decent effect resistance in the gear substats. Nothing worse than a constantly stunned healer.
Especially Angelica and Destina work great as tanks. Congrats on your pull!
(I really like Karin, if you get her crit rate high enough she's amazing.)

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017

Yeah I'd go Angelica tank with candle, Sigret, and Silk. Karin seems fun if you have high crit and good artifacts. For guild wars attacking, I don't THINK there is a penalty for attacking and failing so I'd say use that team to pick off the weakest fire defense. Even if you forfeit one round out of two, you still do damage to the building for winning one round.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017

Don't be fixated on Knights tanking. Healers that build Def/HP like Angelica can definitely tank as well. That said, Maya is a pretty good tank in PVP, less so vs bosses since stuns and provoke may not work on bosses.

Lorina is a DPS warrior, so generally she's pretty fragile. That said, she's a very good DPS warrior. Karin has DEF break, which is a really good debuff and increases your team's damage immensely.

5* your basic team first. A very standard team comp (that works well) would be Angelica Tank, Sigret, Karin, Silk. You should also level Lorina so you have an alternate DPS against green bosses. Lorina also has a special quest you can start once she reaches level 50 (so you have to 5* her), which makes her DPS even better. It takes a while and it consists of stuff you pretty much do normally, so its good to get started early unless you have 0 intention of using her. One of the quest requires sharp spearheads which is in the side story right now, so get at least 6 of them before it ends.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
I'm at a point where I can 6* another unit. My current 6* are Sez, S.Rose, Diene, Achates, C.Lorina, and Zeno (heh).

F.Kluri is all prepped and ready to go, but I have Shadow Rose already and although they're not exactly the same, they are... similar-ish in what they can do. So I have a little bit of reluctance doing it, even though I know Kluri would probably carry me through the rest of the Abyss (at Floor 64 atm) and most of the end game.

Should I just suck it up and 6* her, instead of another DPS like Kise, or an AOE debuffer like Baal & Sezan?

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the input. So I will work on Lorina and Angelica first this weekend before aiming for 6*.
What is candle for Angelica? Artifact?

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely not Baal, he seems way too situational. After that, I don't know who because I haven't even six starred a healer yet.

EpicReset managed to win our first guild wars, even though we had a couple less people. I like the format but get a little impatient because I play the game too much and I want to attack things or have things attacked more.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Since I don't have Angelica, I'm thinking about investing in Montmorancy for Wyvern 11. Maybe a Montmorancy, Kise, Mistychain and Diene as tank, if I can get away with it. But there's not enough debuffs in there...

Anyone has experience with a correctly geared lv60 Montmorency?

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Since I don't have Angelica, I'm thinking about investing in Montmorancy for Wyvern 11. Maybe a Montmorancy, Kise, Mistychain and Diene as tank, if I can get away with it. But there's not enough debuffs in there...

I think most people, myself included, are not bothering with debuffs. I'm just having my tank eat 3 attacks.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017

There was talk of montmorancy being up for a specialty change too.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Signed , but I think this is hard to change , they probably profit a lot over leif packs , skystones for refills, molagora and gold packs ...

Oct 25, 2017
I don't have an account for that petition site, but I hope it gets fund well cuz we kinda needed it, especially improving drop rate.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
How many medals did y'alls get from guild war by the way? I got 33 (EpicEra won by numbers, we couldn't take down the main towers though). I won all 3 of my attacks, didn't have any defenses though, guess people didn't bother with my teams.

My boyfriend in the same guild got 24, he only attacked twice (and won) because he didn't think he could take on the remaining teams. His tower fell to the enemy too.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
How many medals did y'alls get from guild war by the way? I got 33 (EpicEra won by numbers, we couldn't take down the main towers though). I won all 3 of my attacks, didn't have any defenses though, guess people didn't bother with my teams.

My boyfriend in the same guild got 24, he only attacked twice (and won) because he didn't think he could take on the remaining teams. His tower fell to the enemy too.

33, won all three attacks, nobody bothered my defense tower side.

Oct 25, 2017

Nothing, cuz I missed my first GW. :|

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats to EpicReset for the win, but is there no battle stats history available? We had all those nice logs of each battle while GW was ongoing, but there seems to be no saved history of the war.

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
World 5-S6. Half Moon Ruins. Kiris.

tenor.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.