• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Try replacing Bask by Sigret, and see how it perfom. If your team is too fragile, I'd say remove the one with the lowest CP between Sez and Karin.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
67 more summons to go before I'm guaranteed Diene.

On the flipside I got two noble oaths in the same 10 pull, and yet another Mistychain >.>

Are there 10 pulls? o_O

Edit:

I don't see a Krau banner in those update notes...

bfewe0.png

Thanks to kluri's speciality change i can *6 2 heroes.

Planning to up lorina and sigred/karin.

Which one is better for farming/auto red dragon hunt? Karin or sigred? Thanks

Wait, does speciality change give you lots of phantasms, or what exactly am I looking at here?

Also, is it really worth it updating Lorina to 6* when her speciality change will just turn her into a 3* again??

Last edited:

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are there 10 pulls? o_O

Edit:

I don't see a Krau banner in those update notes...

Wait, does speciality change give you lots of phantasms, or what exactly am I looking at here?

Also, is it really worth it updating Lorina to 6* when her speciality change will just turn her into a 3* again??
2hegiyr.png

You need to make 10 *4 max level Phantasm for kluri's quest. So i just need to make some *4 level 30 phantasms to upgrade them to *5

My falconer kluri stays at *5 when i change her, i think it will be the same with lorina

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
Kluri's specialty is on hold for me. Those arena medals are too precious to spend on her sadly. I need that T5 gear.

Also that update is interesting. I wonder if Arena will get better or worse for me. It's pretty stagnant now, but I've come to accept loses. At least I still get some arena medals out of it.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That 1 million gold is the best thing about the update to me. Was down to less than one thousand gold earlier today.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
67 more summons to go before I'm guaranteed Diene.

On the flipside I got two noble oaths in the same 10 pull, and yet another Mistychain >.>
I got her through the pity, wasted all my gems. No ragrets, she is great. Back to hoarding gems and bookmarks, hopefully no limited characters in 2 months at least.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Finally finished Lorina's quest. Those last few alert missions took forever.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Congrats, I'm approximately 3k kills and 20 missions away. Is it worth it? She can hit hard as is, does the change make her even stronger?

We shall see. Server went down before I could try. The good part about her quest is that you don't have to go out of your way to do anything. Just play normally and everyone will get there!

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I hope you guys are checking the bartender's shop every chance you get. Every now and then he sells 5 Bookmarks for 180,000 gold.

Once upgraded at lv50, the bartender can even potentially offer T6 epic gear. But you'll only be able to drool helplessly over it, since you surely won't have the 500+ millions gold to buy it.

Edit: I planned to make Surin my fourth member for golem hunting, but fate decided to give me Haste with today's free roll, so...

Last edited:

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
New patch notes up. So much coming next week, including new character and raid. Some nerfs, some buffs. RIP Tieria. Can't link bc no English notes up yet.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
A universal buff to 4* and 5* characters is nice. As is making skill ups take less resources. Unsurprisingly I'm not happy with the nerfs to Tieria, Elson, Rikoris, Church of Ilryos Axe, and Artifact Sashe Ithanes. I can see where the devs are coming from as they were used fucking everywhere. But it puts a big dent in how F2P friendly the game was. How the hell do I get past Abyss 50 now? ;)

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017

Hero buffs: Dingo, Coli, Yufine, Baal Sezan
Hero nerfs: Tieria, Elson, Rikoris, Church of Ilryos Axe, and Artifact Sashe Ithanes

Ever since the Ravi nerf I have been careful to implement nerfs for heroes. After careful review over a long period of time, some heroes are too efficient and are overperforming in various content to the point of making diversity scarce.

Hero Nerf Care (Think Shadowverse nerf) Heroes that have been nerfed are eligible for a certain period of time from the patch to use a "Hero Recall" function. With this you will be able to collect any and all resources you have invested into the selected character. The list of heroes are Tieria, Elson, Rikoris, Church of Ilryos Axe, Ravi, Kiris, and Artifact Sashe Ithanes.

This shit is why I have faith in this game.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know what it's like to roll 5* in this game so I just promoted Otillie (ML gacha mage) for my golem autofarm team. Her entire skill set is pretty ideal for that purpose - heal block, buff block, and passive AOE damage reduction. Achates, Cidd and Ravi have no trouble burning him down with her around. I'm running into a lot of bosses with buff crystal buddies in World mode now so I may need her there too. I'm well into 7 now and I'm hoping to clear out all the Orbis upgrades once I have some time.

After I'm done with that I'll work on my next 6*, probably gonna be Ravi unless I get Krau when he goes up. Got around 360 bookmarks right now and I should be at 450 by the next update.

I'm real happy they fixed the event bug that was preventing me from clearing one of the story stars - not a lot of people seemed to be affected by it, but losing out on a pile of bookmarks and a gold transmit stone was rough. Done with the event now and back to regularly scheduled farming - I may go finish off Commander Lorina, I'm done everything except the spearheads which are 1/6 despite me regularly farming in places they drop. But she isn't super high priority.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So with Elson getting nerfed does that make Diene the best buffer? Was holding on for Krau but might go for her now as she's limited

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to figure out my morale stuff if I want to have a chance in the raid. I have a team that can get +43 morale but they are way behind my A team in terms of gear.

Do you lose a labyrinth key if you just go in, camp and leave?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I really need to figure out my morale stuff if I want to have a chance in the raid. I have a team that can get +43 morale but they are way behind my A team in terms of gear.

Do you lose a labyrinth key if you just go in, camp and leave?
Nope. You actually should go to the first stage every day and check the merchant. You can buy his wares, Leave, and still keep the stuff and key.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I'm real happy they fixed the event bug that was preventing me from clearing one of the story stars - not a lot of people seemed to be affected by it, but losing out on a pile of bookmarks and a gold transmit stone was rough. Done with the event now and back to regularly scheduled farming - I may go finish off Commander Lorina, I'm done everything except the spearheads which are 1/6 despite me regularly farming in places they drop. But she isn't super high priority.

Farm the Eulogy event. I already got 5 spearheads from there, with about 165 missions on the event counter. For some reason, event nodes seem to drop catalysts more often than the adventure map.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Farm the Eulogy event. I already got 5 spearheads from there, with about 165 missions on the event counter. For some reason, event nodes seem to drop catalysts more often than the adventure map.

I cleared the event shop farming almost nothing but map 19, and got 1 spearhead. I am long, long past the '180 stages' reputation mission.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Start farming the blazing soul catalyst for Yuna. The spearhead will spook you long before you see even one.

You guys are killing me, lol.

I got Yuna a long time ago, hell she's been 6* since the weekend. Didn't see one drop. I do need to go back there because she needs TEN blazing souls for her final awakening...at least my team is amazing at farming it.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You guys are killing me, lol.

I got Yuna a long time ago, hell she's been 6* since the weekend. Didn't see one drop. I do need to go back there because she needs TEN blazing souls for her final awakening...at least my team is amazing at farming it.

Still havent seen one of those fuckers drop

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
I have Dingo and Coli so I'll forward to seeing how they'll be buffed. They both need it in all honesty.

Hmm, so will the raid entry be level 60? I hope not. The sheer amount of effort it takes to get a character up from 50 to 60 is massive so with any luck it will be set to level 50 at least for normal difficulty.

I'm lucky enough that I can almost get a full refresh of morale on my current labyrinth team so I'll be trying this out alongside the side story when it drops.

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
My 2 main heroes are getting nerf and my main raid team can only heal like 17, what a great update for me....

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
So they mention a stat increase for 4* and 5* characters, I assume by this they mean those that start at those rarities. Kinda rough for unlucky people like me, even though I'm not dependent on the specific 3* being nerfed. I did make a Tieria grudgingly last weekend but I'll happily refund her and put those resources into someone else.

Reducing the attack power of mobs in Abyss and World difficulty will be huge for me since I never had a defense buff to begin with. I hit a hard stop at Sven on floor 52 or 53 because he literally one-shotted my team. If I get past him and make a little more headway in Abyss I'll be able to get the rest of that T5 lifesteal set, if I get good rolls on it then it might be usable on Ravi just through the sheer amount of stats it would have over my current gear.

Medium term goals are finding good Speed sets for Cidd and Yuna then moving their Attack gear over to people like Ravi and Lorina. I also have Armin and Otillie to work on as side projects as well, Doris is lower priority now that defense buffs are being nerfed. Widening my roster is important since I'm so heavily focused on my arena team, now that I'm in Challenger I'm happy to tread water there for a bit and get some more options in PVE. Which might be huge for the raid.

I've got a nice pile of bookmarks saved for Krau and I might even be able to manage the full 120 to guarantee him assuming that system applies to non-limited as well. I hope so, since it's probably the only way I'll ever get a 5* from the gacha.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
New patch notes up. So much coming next week, including new character and raid. Some nerfs, some buffs. RIP Tieria. Can't link bc no English notes up yet.
I just 5 starred Tieria. Boycott! And raising stats for 4 and 5 stars....are they buffing Sez? These changes don't seem good for players in arena, there will just be a shift from easily obtainable good characters to whaleier 5 star teams. Balanceeeeee with low drop rates isn't balance. Is it possible to not be cynical with gacha games? We must balance the characters you have and improve the ones you don't...how convenient.

Last edited:

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah, these changes definitely hurt the f2p viability of Arena. These types of games usually force the "competitive" side to be whale territory anyway, so while this is unfortunate (for Arena only, the buff is awesome everywhere else), it does line up with the model that these types of games usually push (at least by my limited experience with the f2p genre).

Status
Not open for further replies.