• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure how to feel about those balance changes to 5*s in particular. As for Tieria, they would have to nerf her substantially for her not to be worthwhile anymore.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Unfortunately I have decided to drop this game, bad luck with the pulls, the time needed to grind, and my attention diverting to other gacha games has led me to this conclusion. I have already left the "EpicReset" guild so if you need an ERA guild spot then please join them.

I might play again in the future, but for now, peace!!

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, these changes definitely hurt the f2p viability of Arena. These types of games usually force the "competitive" side to be whale territory anyway, so while this is unfortunate (for Arena only, the buff is awesome everywhere else), it does line up with the model that these types of games usually push (at least by my limited experience with the f2p genre).

I mean, when damn near every single team (whale or not) is using the same characters, there's a point when you gotta assume it's not just a pure profit-seeking change. We'll never touch the pay2win people just because they're already swimming in max upgraded T5-T6 gear thanks to unlimited resources.

My problem is that if Tieria is nerfed it makes ML Rose just that much stronger in a relative sense, and she's already crazy bonkers stupid to fight on top of being rare. Well, should be rare. The amount of Kise and ML Ken I see in Challenger is honestly absurd, let alone Rose.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I'm happy with those changes in theory, but I don't have any of those 5*s so it kind of doesn't affect me. Didn't make sense for Alexa to be rated higher on tier lists than 4* Coli. I like Coli, but since I already have Sez it's kind of pointless to use her.

"Also, during the Hero Recall period, equipment removal cost will be reduced to zero to reassess your hero roster and experiment." -- This is great to see, but it should be this way all the time. The fun in this game is in experimentation and they shouldn't penalize you just for testing out a different equipment set on a character.

On another note, I drew my first 5* artifact with the free summon, Durandal. Might put it on Azalea, but I really don't have any upper tier warriors yet.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well fuck, took the full 120 pulls to get Diene. I should have expected it but I did hold the dream of getting her early. Got Auxiliary Lot from the ML summon and one 5* Artifact (Noble Oath). That was fairly disappointing, feels worse than sparking which is saying something.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
I'm happy with those changes in theory, but I don't have any of those 5*s so it kind of doesn't affect me. Didn't make sense for Alexa to be rated higher on tier lists than 4* Coli. I like Coli, but since I already have Sez it's kind of pointless to use her.

"Also, during the Hero Recall period, equipment removal cost will be reduced to zero to reassess your hero roster and experiment." -- This is great to see, but it should be this way all the time. The fun in this game is in experimentation and they shouldn't penalize you just for testing out a different equipment set on a character.

On another note, I drew my first 5* artifact with the free summon, Durandal. Might put it on Azalea, but I really don't have any upper tier warriors yet.

I mean Alexa will still be highly rated even after this patch

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Looking forward to the new specialty changes, even though the requirements for Lorina for example are quite brutal, it's a fun way to change a character. Managed to pull Diene and am experimenting in using her instead of Elson since he's getting nerfed.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Well fuck, took the full 120 pulls to get Diene. I should have expected it but I did hold the dream of getting her early. Got Auxiliary Lot from the ML summon and one 5* Artifact (Noble Oath). That was fairly disappointing, feels worse than sparking which is saying something.
I am really trying to resist pulling for diene unless I'm willing to go all in, I have just enough for 120 pulls i think but I'm not committed, not a huge fan of the character though she'd be a good support.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am really trying to resist pulling for diene unless I'm willing to go all in, I have just enough for 120 pulls i think but I'm not committed, not a huge fan of the character though she'd be a good support.

Yeah I like the character in the story but I would have much preferred Klau based on their design. But a good buffer seems essential and its hard to guess at this point how often limited units will come back.

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
I mean, when damn near every single team (whale or not) is using the same characters, there's a point when you gotta assume it's not just a pure profit-seeking change. We'll never touch the pay2win people just because they're already swimming in max upgraded T5-T6 gear thanks to unlimited resources.

My problem is that if Tieria is nerfed it makes ML Rose just that much stronger in a relative sense, and she's already crazy bonkers stupid to fight on top of being rare. Well, should be rare. The amount of Kise and ML Ken I see in Challenger is honestly absurd, let alone Rose.
I'm talking about the 4* and 5* stat buffs, not the nerfs to popular 3* characters.

I've seen a decent amount of ML Rose as well, which did strike me as odd. First time I fought against a team with her in it I was taught a lesson: Skip those teams.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I mean Alexa will still be highly rated even after this patch

?? I didn't say I want Alexa nerfed. I have Alexa. I don't even care that much about tier lists, I generally just use who I like. It just didn't make sense for a Alexa to be generally more useful than Coli, considering the rank difference. Otherwise the rating system is kind of meaningless. Speaking of 3* thieves, I think Judith is actually underrated. 100% chance of stealth when attacked, and 100% chance to stun with S1 when stealthed.

Another 3* that's underrated is Nemunas (fire archer). Her S2 does crazy one shot damage, her S3 dispels a debuff of all allies and raises her attack, and her S1 decreases enemy Combat Readiness by 15%.

Oct 25, 2017
They've already stated the next characters to get a specialty change are Roozid and Hazel.

F435891AE375B26179803980DA8E36D67FD3C8DC

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't actually know that about Hazel. I feel a bit redeemed for making her my main soul weaver. I don't exactly know what specialty changes are though...does it provide a different set of skills?

They get a different model, a new 3rd skill, and an animation to their 3rd school like 4-star + units. At least according to the 2 previous units with Specialty Changes

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
I didn't actually know that about Hazel. I feel a bit redeemed for making her my main soul weaver. I don't exactly know what specialty changes are though...does it provide a different set of skills?

Depends really. For Lorina all they did was change her appearance, buff her, and give her an animation for her S3.
Kluri they did a complete job change. They might continue doing both methods but no one is quite sure what's in store for Roozid and Hazel.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting, thanks.

BTW, does anyone know if you feed a character to the same character for a promotion / memory imprint combo, does that memory imprint get passed on if you then feed the promoted character to another one?

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
You guys are killing me, lol.

I got Yuna a long time ago, hell she's been 6* since the weekend. Didn't see one drop. I do need to go back there because she needs TEN blazing souls for her final awakening...at least my team is amazing at farming it.

Mupod you were just extremely lucky with the Blazing Souls, you have no idea how lucky you were!

I got over 12 spearheads while looking for Blazing Souls there.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
?? I didn't say I want Alexa nerfed. I have Alexa. I don't even care that much about tier lists, I generally just use who I like. It just didn't make sense for a Alexa to be generally more useful than Coli, considering the rank difference. Otherwise the rating system is kind of meaningless. Speaking of 3* thieves, I think Judith is actually underrated. 100% chance of stealth when attacked, and 100% chance to stun with S1 when stealthed.

Another 3* that's underrated is Nemunas (fire archer). Her S2 does crazy one shot damage, her S3 dispels a debuff of all allies and raises her attack, and her S1 decreases enemy Combat Readiness by 15%.

Ah I misunderstood you. Maybe she's rated higher because her poison is on a lower CD? I dunno.

Don't matter tho, the best thief waifu is Karin. I have my Rhianna & Luciella at +11 right now, she pops off constantly. I love her, she's so clutch now that my crit rate is at 81% currently

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Welp. My last 2 ML summon were both Mirsa.

It must be repayment for getting a free 5* yesterday.

Among 3* heores, there's a lot of underestimated ones, because they're relatively rares. Like Celeste, who will wreck your team with AoE every turn (and then some, since also grant herself attack buffs and extra turns)if you ignore her to deal with other threats.

Don't matter tho, the best thief waifu is Karin. I have my Rhianna & Luciella at +11 right now, she pops off constantly. I love her, she's so clutch now that my crit rate is at 81% currently

Isn't she? I don't have R&L yet, using that artifact that ignore some of the enemy's defense instead, but at 80% crit, she's already invaluable to remove threats like Sez or Aramintha before they can act or receive defense buffs, and deal most of the damage in wyvern hunt.

Last edited:

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
My Sez hate is tempered for now, haven't lost to one in awhile, I mainly struggle to teams that outlast me as I run Elson and if I don't get early kills I can't really sustain damage. I go with Cecilia, silk, Lorina, and Elson, the opening barrage usually kills Sez first before Destina gets a heal off.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Mupod you were just extremely lucky with the Blazing Souls, you have no idea how lucky you were!

I got over 12 spearheads while looking for Blazing Souls there.

I mean, I still killed it ~200 times. You make it sound like I walked in there and got 3 in a row. God forbid the game throws me a bone once in a while.

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
My free summon today was Ken. Heh. Anyway, I take it that it's best to use multiple copies of the same unit for promotions? I have two copies of Hazel that I want to use for that.

entrydenied

The Fallen
Oct 26, 2017
If anyone is still looking for a guild EpicReset has 3 slots open.

Let me know your username if you want an invite.:)

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Another 5* artifact, my second Uberius's Tooth. Fuck, I pull one unit in 10 pulls now and have been for one week. What the ever-flying fuck. I've gone from disbelief, to anger, to acceptance. But why?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I know its a minor thing. But you would think they'd make the guaranteed pull free. As it is its technically 121 pulls to get the unit.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Well, Otillie isn't even 50 yet, but thanks to her I only had 1 autobattle Golem 8 fail in about 30. I guess I'll maybe slowly start getting some T5 someday. Mostly just crap drops so far though.

Sneaking in a Mucacha nerf is unexpected, but I suppose a positive way to look at this is that they are paying attention to game balance and not just usage rates. It does look bad right now in terms of skewing things further in favor of natural 5* characters but I get that they want to diversify arena and PVE a bit.

I should be around 450 bookmarks by the update and the rest should be covered in time to guarantee a summon for hopefully Krau. It's a bit concerning that we haven't had any banner but Diene since she arrived so we don't know if it will work the same for limited and non-limited. But I suppose with how badly I am cursed in this game I should just never even try for a character unless I have 121 summons in the chamber.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I think to ease a lot of concerns they need to add more 3* units to the pool and more characters to the quest unlocks. Make them super niche, it's fine, but they pretty much have only released 5* since launch, I believe.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
While I hope I'm wrong I wouldn't be surprised if non-limited units have a higher number of pulls required for the guarantee. Limited units have a lower (1% vs 1.5%) chance of being pulled and the only 5* units you can get on their banner are them. So far non-limited unit banners have let you get any 5* with a higher chance of the featured unit. So going forward I think they might change every featured unit banner to work like the limited banner or increase the amount of pulls needed.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I'm semicaving, pulled six or so more times and got a second dingo and noble oath. Do I stop? I should stop. Why should I stop, Diene could be mine. We want a buffer unit why shouldn't we have it?

Resist! Is Noble Oath good? My artifacts are already tank heavy, Hilag Lance, Aurius, Prophetic Candle.

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Promoting to 6* feels like it's going to take forever. But it feels necessary even for the PVE content. It's frustrating because I now have a backlog of three level 50 characters, plus at least five maxed 4* characters that are all in a holding pattern and wasting XP gains while I build up enough 5* star wolves to raise just one 5* to 6.

What's strange to me about this game is that I haven't even finished the main narrative and I'm already getting wiped by bosses, even though my main group is all levels 45-50. Krau on 9-2 was wiping the floor with me until I pulled out my level 50 Ras and put in my level 40 Armin. Ras is just a horrible tank.

Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
My free summon of the day was the healer doggo dude. So he's now at SS rank memory imprint. I now have 2 characters at SSS rank, 5 at SS rank, and 4 at S rank, and a bunch at D - A rank lol...RNGesus hates me.

Psh I don't even want Diene anymore she's not that good anyway!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I was planning to save 3* dupes to use to limit break themselves at 4* and 5* rather than "just wasting" them on memory imprints. But that seems daunting and I keep hitting the hero inventory cap so I may combine them all.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I was planning to save 3* dupes to use to limit break themselves at 4* and 5* rather than "just wasting" them on memory imprints. But that seems daunting and I keep hitting the hero inventory cap so I may combine them all.

I've been wondering if a memory imprinted character can pass on their imprint to the parent character during promotion.

But yeah, I've got a ton of dupes like that as well. Right now my struggle is more with trying to level up three 3* Hazels to 5* so I can use them to promote/imprint my 5* Hazel to 6.

I saw something in the upcoming patch notes about making the promotion process easier. That would be the single biggest improvement if true.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Where's a good place to kill the mob's for Hazel's connection? Since specialty changes take so long, I'm planning to level all the chars to 50 and work on them simultaneously.

For those who are already at Golem 7+, what kind of teams do you have? Do you need a couple of 6*s for it?

Status
Not open for further replies.