• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with that. SMT Dx2's auto function was great. At least the devs have mentioned adding something to auto-open chests.

Still is... Atlus finally launched a new chapter in the narrative a couple days ago, along with some QoL improvements, new demons, and very nice login rewards.

But yeah, auto opening chests would be a good start for E7.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I see you guys talking about 5*, but they only exist in re-rerolls and pity rate guarantees. Heck, even 3* artifacts only exist in my dreams. I still can't get a candlestick for my Destina XD

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Did a Moonlight summon, got a duplicate Dark Corvus...not happy about that as I'm not using him currently.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
My Last ML summon I got Doris (She seems good) My 4th ML 3* I can't even get a 4* lol You guys are lucky congrats.

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
Last 3 ML are Celeste, Shooting Star Achates and Wanderer Silk.

Achates especially has been doing wonders for me in pvp. And Silk will too once I replace regular silk with her. She's the anti Destina which 80% of pvp teams are made of.

But the star of the show is:
22f28bea9a.jpg

Unkillable and Kills everything with a fully stacked S3 which is available every turn when burned. Give her throne back Aither you fraud.

I made the mistake the very first time to trade the orange moonrunes with a 4-5 star ticket because I didn't have access to moonlight back then. What a mistake that was.

Last edited:

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Doris is an amazing healer. Probably one of the best if not the best pve healer in the game. 3 turn def and health buff is just ridiculous.

Yeah I saw that , I'm leveling her to test in practice , she lacks the cleanse from Destina S3 tough , paired with someone like Bask for the debuff protection seems a good combo, will do some testing at lvl 50 to see how she performs , with the prophetic candlestick if she can tank the incoming damage will be beautiful and op ...

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, so I did my first ML summon...

I got the worst character I've ever seen in the game, Otillie. Horrible from start to finish, skills to character design. She seems to be almost purely support, with only her S1 being an actual attack. She's got an anti-buff aoe that might be useful for PVP, but overall... garbage. She's about to become the most expensive promotion fodder I've ever used.

First and last time I waste transmit stones on ML.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017

I got the worst character I've ever seen in the game, Otillie. Horrible from start to finish, skills to character design. She seems to be almost purely support, with only her S1 being an actual attack. She's got an anti-buff aoe that might be useful for PVP, but overall... garbage. She's about to become the most expensive promotion fodder I've ever used.

Don't ever waste transmit stones on 4-5* tickets. You'll just get a random 4* you would have gotten from rolling normally anyways. Moonlight characters can ONLY come from the ML gacha.

Most people are not going to draw what they want. That's just the nature of the game. Everyone learns to deal with it eventually.

okita

Oct 25, 2017

I can see her being useful against Golem in an auto team or in a fight you need to stop enemy buffs like ludwig, it's kinda niche but still useful

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
If it weren't for Clarissa my 50 or so badges at Kayron would be a waste. Kinda want the artifact at the least but nope.

Goda

Oct 26, 2017
Toronto
Krayon isn't that great right now. I do think he'll be getting a buff sometime soon. His stats are garbage compared to other 5*. Clarissa is a far better dps.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
unknown.png

So I, too, have recently reached Abyss floor 60. 59 was a roadblock that felt pretty similar to floor 54 in terms of how important it was to know and understand the gimmick beforehand, on top of having just plain ol' good RNG rolls to boot. Floor 54 was all about focus firing the right targets (crystal -> Purrgis -> Assassin Coli), whereas 59 is about having enough durability and healing to offset Cidd's obnoxious defense down -> dual attack wombo combo, and then also being able to outright kill the dual attacking adds in the following round before they kill your entire party (having 80 souls going in really helps).

My party is, I think, pretty unusual in composition and also possibly underpowered for the floor that I'm on:
I have minimal single target damage and no dedicated tank. Charlotte sits up front because she has the highest combination of HP and def and her lifesteal set makes it easier to top her off, but she still can't take the kinds of hits that someone like Armin, Krau, or Cecilia could. Angelica probably could take her place if I, y'know, invested in her gear and got her to 60, but I didn't, so in the back she stays. The fact that I managed to get this far with this party composition is, frankly, kind of amazing. I imagine I could have had an easier time with an actual dedicated tank and someone with high single target damage. Surin could nominally fill in this role, but I haven't gotten her to 60 and, well, I just don't have the money to upgrade her gear that much (and I hesitate to take it off of Clarissa when she's so instrumental, especially in PvP).

All of this would probably be impossible without Diene's constant healing through the rod artifact and her S2 and S3 having their -1 turn cooldown upgrades. Granted, a level 60 Angelica could solo heal pretty handily... but getting there has been a very slow process. I'll probably have her to 60 next week, but getting her gear upgraded is another matter entirely (where the fuck am I supposed to get the gold?!).

My PvP team, meanwhile, is a bit different, with Rima taking the place of Angelica:
She's instrumental to my plans, especially as an attacker, as she both lets me shut down a particularly problematic enemy target (like their strongest damage dealer or Diene if Rima manages to go first) for a turn as well as allowing me to double up AoEs with Clarissa or Charlotte, depending on the enemy team composition. There's nothing quite like blowing up the entire enemy team in the space of two turns, lemme tell ya. Given how unusual my team composition is, I'm surprised I've managed to get as far as I have. I can generally hang around the middle of challenger without too many issues, though it seems like I really need some kind of ridiculous stall composition to have a strong defense party, something I can't really remedy since I haven't rolled a single good tank since I started the game.

Speaking of rolls - Diene is still the only natural 5* I have besides Charlotte, the latter of whom I got from the initial selective summon and the former whom I got only from pity breaking (thank you, pity system!). I've been playing since day 1 and I have yet to get any other nat 5* characters. And, y'know what? I'm doing fine. I think a lot of folks are focusing too much on tiers and on-paper effectiveness and not enough on just fixing issues as they come up. Sometimes you just need bigger numbers, and that oftentimes just means investing in more gear, or getting another character to 60, or getting another awakening level, or upgrading skills a bit more.

Even with a suboptimal party composition you can be pretty successful in this game, and I like that quite a bit. Never touched the Holy Trinity (Elson aside, who was swiftly replaced with Diene) and I find any complaints about their nerfs to ring hollow in light of how far I've gotten with this setup. They were overpowered and deservedly nerfed, and the game will be healthier for it. Hopefully they keep it up going forward - and hopefully certain units aren't just straight-up immune to nerfs because rarity or some shit. We'll see how that goes.

Either way, I'm pretty damn invested in this bloody game, and I doubt I'll get its hooks off of me any time soon. Considering it's a Korean mobile game, really, I have to admit that I am still really damn impressed. We're over a month in and I'm happy to keep going. What a game!

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Don't ever waste transmit stones on 4-5* tickets. You'll just get a random 4* you would have gotten from rolling normally anyways. Moonlight characters can ONLY come from the ML gacha.

Most people are not going to draw what they want. That's just the nature of the game. Everyone learns to deal with it eventually.

I'd rather get great 4-5* characters that I don't have, rather than waste stones on a low low chance I might get one of the few good ML-only characters.

I've only pulled one natural 5* (during the initial 30 summon)
I've only pulled five natural 4*s

So there are a ton of great characters I don't have, especially the 5*s. I'd rather focus on those for now, or even get dupes of good characters I want to imprint. I tried ML just to try it, but the regular 4-5 summon will be a much better value for me in the short term while I build up my roster.

re: your Abyss party, I'm kind of surprised to see you using Rima, especially that you 6*'d her! I try to give every character a fair shake, but I was a bit underwhelmed by her. Her cooldown effects are pretty interesting though, and it sounds like you use her Sleep skill to good effect.

I have a hard time effectively using stun/sleep skills in this game due to the non-linear aspect of the turn-based combat. I never know exactly when the effect will wear off and so it's hard for me to plan a strategy around it.

I can see her being useful against Golem in an auto team or in a fight you need to stop enemy buffs like ludwig, it's kinda niche but still useful

Yeah, the little info I found on her on reddit seems to point to her basically being used for Golem fights. I'll keep her around, but can't imagine using her very often.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
unknown.png

So I, too, have recently reached Abyss floor 60. 59 was a roadblock that felt pretty similar to floor 54 in terms of how important it was to know and understand the gimmick beforehand, on top of having just plain ol' good RNG rolls to boot. Floor 54 was all about focus firing the right targets (crystal -> Purrgis -> Assassin Coli), whereas 55 is about having enough durability and healing to offset Cidd's obnoxious defense down -> dual attack wombo combo, and then also being able to outright kill the dual attacking adds in the following round before they kill your entire party (having 80 souls going in really helps).

My party is, I think, pretty unusual in composition and also possibly underpowered for the floor that I'm on:

I have minimal single target damage and no dedicated tank. Charlotte sits up front because she has the highest combination of HP and def and her lifesteal set makes it easier to top her off, but she still can't take the kinds of hits that someone like Armin, Krau, or Cecilia could. Angelica probably could take her place if I, y'know, invested in her gear and got her to 60, but I didn't, so in the back she stays. The fact that I managed to get this far with this party composition is, frankly, kind of amazing. I imagine I could have had an easier time with an actual dedicated tank and someone with high single target damage. Surin could nominally fill in this role, but I haven't gotten her to 60 and, well, I just don't have the money to upgrade her gear that much (and I hesitate to take it off of Clarissa when she's so instrumental, especially in PvP).

All of this would probably be impossible without Diene's constant healing through the rod artifact and her S2 and S3 having their -1 turn cooldown upgrades. Granted, a level 60 Angelica could solo heal pretty handily... but getting there has been a very slow process. I'll probably have her to 60 next week, but getting her gear upgraded is another matter entirely (where the fuck am I supposed to get the gold?!).

My PvP team, meanwhile, is a bit different, with Rima taking the place of Angelica:

She's instrumental to my plans, especially as an attacker, as she both lets me shut down a particularly problematic enemy target (like their strongest damage dealer or Diene if Rima manages to go first) for a turn as well as allowing me to double up AoEs with Clarissa or Charlotte, depending on the enemy team composition. There's nothing quite like blowing up the entire enemy team in the space of two turns, lemme tell ya. Given how unusual my team composition is, I'm surprised I've managed to get as far as I have. I can generally hang around the middle of challenger without too many issues, though it seems like I really need some kind of ridiculous stall composition to have a strong defense party, something I can't really remedy since I haven't rolled a single good tank since I started the game.

Speaking of rolls - Diene is still the only natural 5* I have besides Charlotte, the latter of whom I got from the initial selective summon and the former whom I got only from pity breaking (thank you, pity system!). I've been playing since day 1 and I have yet to get any other nat 5* characters. And, y'know what? I'm doing fine. I think a lot of folks are focusing too much on tiers and on-paper effectiveness and not enough on just fixing issues as they come up. Sometimes you just need bigger numbers, and that oftentimes just means investing in more gear, or getting another character to 60, or getting another awakening level, or upgrading skills a bit more.

Even with a suboptimal party composition you can be pretty successful in this game, and I like that quite a bit. Never touched the Holy Trinity (Elson aside, who was swiftly replaced with Diene) and I find any complaints about their nerfs to ring hollow in light of how far I've gotten with this setup. They were overpowered and deservedly nerfed, and the game will be healthier for it. Hopefully they keep it up going forward - and hopefully certain units aren't just straight-up immune to nerfs because rarity or some shit. We'll see how that goes.

Either way, I'm pretty damn invested in this bloody game, and I doubt I'll get its hooks off of me any time soon. Considering it's a Korean mobile game, really, I have to admit that I am still really damn impressed. We're over a month in and I'm happy to keep going. What a game!

Nice, congrats! I recently took my Diene to 6 stars and upgraded some of her skills to reduce the cooldowns. Makes such a difference.

As you said, the game doesn't force you to use any one unit or strategy. It's pretty great that way. I didn't use Elson or Tieria much, but I did have them at 50. I canned my Tieria and think I'll do the same to Elson, putting those materials into Doris.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

Otille was my first ML summon and I 5-starred her for golem auto-ing. Does her job there for sure. Golem takes a while so it's something I turn on when I take a shower in the morning etc. I gear her for effectiveness/speed and give her Daydream Joker so she can contribute to damage.

I've also used her for some other things, like world mode bosses with buff crystals.

Note - her S3 is not AOE. Also, her passive only works on AOE damage.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone use the Moonlight Dreamblade artifact? I put it on Sez some time ago, but I've never seen it activate. I almost wonder if it's broken. Maybe it doesn't have a visual indicator?

Otille was my first ML summon and I 5-starred her for golem auto-ing. Does her job there for sure. Golem takes a while so it's something I turn on when I take a shower in the morning etc. I gear her for effectiveness/speed and give her Daydream Joker so she can contribute to damage.

I've also used her for some other things, like world mode bosses with buff crystals.

Note - her S3 is not AOE. Also, her passive only works on AOE damage.

Interesting, thanks for the info.

Yeah, I'm aware on the S3... the aoe I was talking about was her S2. But I'm not sure why I said anti-buff, must've mixed up character skills. Still, that passive aoe damage reduction is fairly nice, with a max of 20%.

Last edited:

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Does anyone use the Moonlight Dreamblade artifact? I put it on Sez some time ago, but I've never seen it activate. I almost wonder if it's broken. Maybe it doesn't have a visual indicator?
I have it on my Vildred, and I've seen it activate a bunch of times. It is somewhat uncommon due to how the artifact works, but I've definitely seen the attack buff appear after a missed attack on Vildred. So I can confirm that it works.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I have it on my Vildred, and I've seen it activate a bunch of times. It is somewhat uncommon due to how the artifact works, but I've definitely seen the attack buff appear after a missed attack on Vildred. So I can confirm that it works.

Hmm ok, weird. Well I've swapped it back out with what I used to use on Sez, Elyha's Knife. Which is probably a better choice for him anyway, since he's all about getting the enemy under 50% health to trigger the second attack.

I got an epic T3 Uberid's Amulet from somewhere and it has a Crit Chance % as its main stat, and Crit Damage % as a sub-stat. I boosted it up to level 12, and the hit chance is +25%, damage is +15%. My Sez now has a crit chance of 73% and does 172% crit damage... bananas.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Getting a unit to 6 stars seems like it takes such a long time. I only have one 5 star phantasma. Leveling the lower star ones takes forever. I have Ravi, Diene, and Charlotte. I'm probably gonna get Ravi to 6 star first.

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
Finally got a 5* unit from rolls and I get...fucking Ken....

You may be surprised at how good "fucking Ken" is despite the bad reviews Global people gave to him.

Ken made Abyss 59 a cakewalk. I was using Krau before and I kept getting killed. Ken however, with his guaranteed Def Break, Stun and Attack down was the KEY to victory.

Notice I also use Rin and she's considered bad (I have Destina and Angelica too, still like Rin more).

Treasure what you find!

And to the people complaining about their "bad" ML pulls, I'm 7 (or 8) ML rolls in and I have only 3 stars to show off (Even double Hurado). The only 4 star I got is ML Mercedes, and she's not of my liking.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Racoon City
Thanks for reminding me to level up my Rin a bit more, I've been going back and forth between Achates, Angelica, and Destina.

Also Diene is so goooooooood, especially when she has some speed on her.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Managed to beat Executioner Karkanis in the raid, he's the guy way at the top of the map. The counterattack and stealth one.

With Yuna, Ravi, Angelica and Achates I could 100% control the fight right up until the end when he could randomly decide to one-shot people. He's only supposed to do his special move when he gets someone low HP, but for me he was using it on full health people. The first time I tried it he wiped me by gibbing my two healers, but when he instakilled Yuna this time I still had 2 Arkys + a Ravi burn and could just blow him to hell. Also, on the second run the enemies barely landed debuffs - even with two healers with immunity and cleanse and TWO wondrous potion vials, I simply couldn't keep up with the debuffs before. I don't like how RNG heavy these fights are at all.

Anyways, here's the loot:

Immunity set could be nice on Achates in PVP, and they gave us a weapon in that set for free. Stats are god awful though, especially considering my PVP helm came out with 25% HP on its substats.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or did the drop rates for catalysts go down with the last update? Maybe I'm just having a run of bad luck.

Also, are drop rates higher for world difficulty?

Anyways, here's the loot:

Immunity set could be nice on Achates in PVP, and they gave us a weapon in that set for free. Stats are god awful though, especially considering my PVP helm came out with 25% HP on its substats.

Congrats on the raid win. The grades on the gear are a bit weird due to the RNG... IMO an Epic grade item shouldn't have any flat stats on it.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or did the drop rates for catalysts go down with the last update? Maybe I'm just having a run of bad luck.

Also, are drop rates higher for world difficulty?

I don't wanna talk about how many leafs I just burned through to get Ravi's 15th cursed ashes...I ended up getting it in normal mode, when I finally got fed up enough to farm one of the maze stages with 10-ish candle dudes. I don't know if the droprate is higher, because it's shit everywhere for everything (except bone flakes), but at least in World mode you can farm up a 6* while you suffer.

I actually have a 6* ready to go but I haven't decided on Kise or Achates yet. Kise would mainly be a scarecrow for Arena to keep people off my nuts when I'm trying to maintain a rank, but I also want to make my rare character all fancy and shiny and 60. Achates I just use everywhere, but I also have Angelica. Eh, I can wait a couple days.

Funny thing is I actually overshot my 6* a little and I'm pretty much ready to go for another 5*. Gonna do Surin next, for Wyvern. Put together a gear set for her already.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I don't wanna talk about how many leafs I just burned through to get Ravi's 15th cursed ashes...I ended up getting it in normal mode, when I finally got fed up enough to farm one of the maze stages with 10-ish candle dudes. I don't know if the droprate is higher, because it's shit everywhere for everything (except bone flakes), but at least in World mode you can farm up a 6* while you suffer.

I actually have a 6* ready to go but I haven't decided on Kise or Achates yet. Kise would mainly be a scarecrow for Arena to keep people off my nuts when I'm trying to maintain a rank, but I also want to make my rare character all fancy and shiny and 60. Achates I just use everywhere, but I also have Angelica. Eh, I can wait a couple days.

Funny thing is I actually overshot my 6* a little and I'm pretty much ready to go for another 5*. Gonna do Surin next, for Wyvern. Put together a gear set for her already.

Yeah, now that the Launch Celebration event is over I finally had to dip into leafs today to help with farming for my first 6* (plus the 1 catalyst that dropped in 200 runs). I'm fortunate to have pulled three dupes for Hazel, so I only need 2 other 5* wolves for the promotion. Which sounds like not a lot until you get into the grind of it all. I've got one of them done and going for my last. I could actually be done now, but I have several maxed 4* wolves and don't want to waste them as promotion fodder.

If they would just introduce a Soul Orb or something which took the place of wolves, it would make things so much more pleasant and manageable. There's enough grind with the catalysts and the gear already.

I finally got into Silver in PVP today. Was hoping for an award for 50 consecutive wins, but nope. My main team has 93k CP now, which is probably not much compared to what you have, but for a group of level 50s with mediocre T3 and T4 gear, it's certainly been enough to steamroll most level 50 teams I come across.

Last edited:

Razzorn

Jan 9, 2018
Man, I love this game, but the catalyst drop rates a fucking horrible. It's pretty damn demoralizing.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I have decided to quit this game should there not be a free Christmas 5* or I get lucky until then. The disappointment has been building, and frankly the grind been more stagnant than previously.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
I have decided to quit this game should there not be a free Christmas 5* or I get lucky until then. The disappointment has been building, and frankly the grind been more stagnant than previously.
Losing the Welcome banner and the Shop banner has meant I have been burning through leafs at quite a rate. Additionally, the Penguin event finishes in 2 days too...

I have two 5* characters (Tenebria and Dienne) and whilst I enjoy using them the grind to get 5* characters up to 6* is very steep and time consuming and whilst I have got Tenebria up to 6* the grind it took (for me at least) was quite extreme.

The drop rates are very bad and the lack of a pity timer for standard summons does leave a sour taste. :(

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm down to two leafs remaining, but that's mainly because I was so pissed off at Cursed Ashes' drop rate and I needed to get that over with. Plus I cleared the event shop.

I know I hit it big on my last ML summon but I can't just forget the 315 or so regular summons before that with no 5*. I'm having enough fun with this that I'll probably get Rank Up 2 but just like with the previous pack I might just use a lot of it on non-gacha things to prevent salt overdose - expanding my hero capacity and inventory was a great decision last time. I already have 600 bookmarks ready for the next limited anyways.

Too bad refills don't give you a full energy bar, it feels like kind of a ripoff. It'd be cool if they did a half energy event for the Christmas thing. But honestly I'd be happy if the sidestory just has some of the epic-tier catalysts I need like Nightmare Mask or those dragon scales.

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
So, Kayron's stats are confirmed to be a bug, and will be fixed in the next update... I suppose they somehow forgot to add him the buff all 5* got during the last patch, or something like that.
I did a few pulls yesterday trying to get the new artifact for Diene, and I got him instead, so I'm less "meh" about it now. ^^

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
You will get Christmas Ken. I'm just waiting for the next limited character hoping it's a great dps. Disappointment is building but I might start knights chronicle.

Last edited:

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
So, Kayron's stats are confirmed to be a bug, and will be fixed in the next update... I suppose they somehow forgot to add him the buff all 5* got during the last patch, or something like that.
I did a few pulls yesterday trying to get the new artifact for Diene, and I got him instead, so I'm less "meh" about it now. ^^
Same thing happened to me.

I didn't even want Kayron and he will need more than a small stat bump to fix his kit.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Yeah, I wouldn't. If you think this is bad, KC is straight up a dumpster fire. It's run by one of the two/three worst companies for gacha and is seriously dead.
Anything gacha worthwhile? I play this, Dragalia, and sometimes Fire Emblem. Was going to try KC, the final fantasy brave ex, and vainglory which isn't really a gacha.

I'm in the land of three star artifacts and heroes.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Anything gacha worthwhile? I play this, Dragalia, and sometimes Fire Emblem. Was going to try KC, the final fantasy brave ex, and vainglory which isn't really a gacha.

I'm in the land of three star artifacts and heroes.
Honestly, probably not. However, there are some upcoming ones that are worth looking into. The best one probably being Another Eden.

Status
Not open for further replies.