• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
They are slightly losing me. Side stories need to be chunkier but also more challenging. I don't want to go through it on normal, it just feels like a waste of time. Oh, but you can level fodder. That doesn't make it better. Arena needs better matchmaking and if guild wars is just more of that, pass.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
They are slightly losing me. Side stories need to be chunkier but also more challenging. I don't want to go through it on normal, it just feels like a waste of time. Oh, but you can level fodder. That doesn't make it better. Arena needs better matchmaking and if guild wars is just more of that, pass.

I'm not sure what you're expecting on the narrative front from a f2p gacha game; this game already has more character development than many modern JRPGs. The Bellona story is pretty weak, but I thought Diene was good, and the Miracle event was at least funny at times. Isn't the most challenging content the Labyrinths and Raids? These stories are just basically better-than-average resource grinding with some nice backstory on the side.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't tell if it's worth keep Camerinerose or switching in hazel/jecht. Problem is with destiny and iseria half my team is tank healers lol

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not sure what you're expecting on the narrative front from a f2p gacha game; this game already has more character development than many modern JRPGs. The Bellona story is pretty weak, but I thought Diene was good, and the Miracle event was at least funny at times. Isn't the most challenging content the Labyrinths and Raids? These stories are just basically better-than-average resource grinding with some nice backstory on the side.
I demand more than resource grinding. I blame the high production values and the Diene story being better than what followed into making me think this could actually be a game. If I have to I will declare gachas a mistake. I am just about done with fire emblem and Dragalia. I started Grand Chase recently, played through the story quickly and that's not keeping me, it's just epic seven left.

Last edited:

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I demand more than resource grinding. I blame the high production values and the Diene story being better than what followed into making me think this could actually be a game. If I have to I will declare gachas a mistake. I am just about done with fire emblem and Dragalia. I started Grand Chase recently, played through the story quickly and that's not keeping me, it's just epic seven left.

It'd be nicer to have more boss challenges in the side stories to make it more interesting. I'm not saying I like the grinding, but there's plenty of challenge-focused content in the game. I'm not sure how much more they could do in terms of narrative or custom game mechanics though when they are pumping out new stories every 2-4 weeks.

But for me I'm more into it for the strategic aspects of team composition and experimentation with characters; the narrative is secondary.

Oct 25, 2017

If you're looking for story how are you not playing FGO lol And yeah, I dunno how much more of Dragalia I can take.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
While I do expect more heavy story content, both main story and side content, I don't think it's something we'll see as often; especially with the current output rate. The meat of this game seems to be based more on the steady accumulation of pve power with the abyss/raid being the current high end content.

A more story focused gacha I play is FGO, but because the focus is more on story heavy events there's often not much going on as there are decent gaps between releases; it does make it an easy enough game to stay on top of though. It is an option if you're looking primarily for story stuffs.

I can't tell if it's worth keep Camerinerose or switching in hazel/jecht. Problem is with destiny and iseria half my team is tank healers lol

Yeah, I think you have the right of it; Hazel/Jecht should both be solid, but they're probably overshadowed by Destina. Camerinerose should be a good person to invest in, but if you trade her out you'll probably want to slide in another dps.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Hazel and Jecht both follow the 'support buffer' roles; they do not overlap directly with Destina. It'd be a mistake to overlook one or the other just because you have a main healer.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
If you're looking for story how are you not playing FGO lol And yeah, I dunno how much more of Dragalia I can take.
I can't read Dragalia's story anymore, and the same music that plays for all dialog. I also gave up on item farming....and the game in general. I downloaded FGO and Kings Raid and will start one of them now that I've quickly given up on grand chase.

Oct 25, 2017
Hazel and Jecht both follow the 'support buffer' roles; they do not overlap directly with Destina. It'd be a mistake to overlook one or the other just because you have a main healer.

Well Iseria (sp) is considered off support isnt she?

I can't read Dragalia's story anymore, and the same music that plays for all dialog. I also gave up on item farming....and the game in general. I downloaded FGO and Kings Raid and will start one of them now that I've quickly given up on grand chase.

I play both now and they are a blast; KR is SO different lol

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Hazel brings her 2-turn (3 with soul burn) attack buff, along with an Unhealable on her S1, and she can hit pretty hard once you get her attack power up. Not really a direct comparison to Destina/Angelica, and I wouldn't really consider her a "support" healer myself (she is still my main healer) as she does fairly good healing with S2 (single-target) and S3 (aoe) once you invest in her skill enhancements. But she trades some raw healing output for some support utility. In effect, using Hazel is a choice to make an offense-focused team focused on killing the enemy as quickly as possible with high DPS and by preventing heals.

I know I've mentioned before, but I'd also recommend SMT Dx2. Though it can be a bit lighthearted anime at times, the story -- like most SMT games -- deals with deeper philosophical questions, and there are a couple of branching narrative paths you can take based on your decisions. And it's very fun to experiment with demons (basically your party members); there's plenty of abilities and status ailments to play with.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Since we're airing some minor frustrations... I'd love it if Epic Seven didn't actively discourage you from trying different combinations of teams. The requirements to 'max' out a character are so incredibly steep that you'd have to play this full-time just to get a basic, geared, 4-person party going in a reasonable time.

Getting a new pull should be exciting, and it is, until you realize what the game asks of you just to 'level' the character up. We're talking stamina, fodder, gold, runes, molagoras, catalysts/epic catalysts, and leveled-up gear/artifact. And about half of that is also wrapped within RNG, and some have RNG within that RNG (gear, I'm looking at you). Why do I need 12-15(!) catalysts for one person? 15! How about 3???

I spent three days farming wyvern and crafting equipment from it. Everything the wyvern dropped had poor rolls, everything I crafted had poor rolls. Why can't I at least select the set? Plenty of RNG still left over. Best equipment I have so far are the ones that DIDN'T drop randomly.

Now granted, no point in making it easy or quick - otherwise where's the fun in that? You'll finish playing all the content in a week. I get it. You're playing the long game. And I get you're not supposed to get everything handed to you on a platter. But how it is now is pretty brutal.

Whew! That's my soapbox moment! Feels good.

I love this stupid awesome game, but it's pretty merciless with its RNG. It still has my full attention and has mostly pulled me from Dragalia, so I'll keep playing it, because I do enjoy it despite the whining above.

(Basically I just want Pyllis from my next Moonlight Summons.)

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I agree with that, Fellow. The catalyst rate is a huge pain point for me; it just makes improving characters not fun at all due to the abyssmal drop rates. But even if they dropped the equipment transfer fee I'd be happier; it's a big impediment to experimenting.

Speaking of experimenting with equipment, does anyone think it's odd that the only set types dropping on the Bellona event are the new Immunity and Rage sets? Granted the grade is low enough to not be useful, but wasn't this gear only available in the Raids prior to this? I haven't seen any drop on the normal story stages, so I'm wondering why this event?

I'm actually thinking a Rage set could be really useful on Bellona, but the equipment that drops is too low-tier to be usable.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Allegedly Unity would be good for her to keep her hitting and raise her focus double attack.

Nov 3, 2017
So I've got Armin and Crimson Armin. Looking at their abilities, can I assume regular Armin is more pve oriented and Crimson Armin is pvp?

Oct 25, 2017
I know I've mentioned before, but I'd also recommend SMT Dx2. Though it can be a bit lighthearted anime at times, the story -- like most SMT games -- deals with deeper philosophical questions, and there are a couple of branching narrative paths you can take based on your decisions. And it's very fun to experiment with demons (basically your party members); there's plenty of abilities and status ailments to play with.

Problem with Dx2 is that it has the whole FEH problem of not only having RNG to get good units but get the RIGHT type of good unit. RNG on RNG is not fun lol

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
You get like one mologora from an event and you can buy three a week if you have arena badges, guild badges, and a lot of transmit stones.....so like 1-2 skills a week. And then characters who get worse when other characters release and no recall option outside of nerfs, you have to be way too cautious and never make any changes.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Problem with Dx2 is that it has the whole FEH problem of not only having RNG to get good units but get the RIGHT type of good unit. RNG on RNG is not fun lol
Yeah but you're forgetting the fact you can actually fuse the majority of the demons in the game, if you do that the then you're in control of the RNG for those demons which basically unlike any other gacha. The exceptions are the few gacha exclusive units, but for most of those it doesn't matter what archetype you get because they all tend to be pretty good.

The bigger problem with Dx2 is the lack of content, really.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
You get like one mologora from an event and you can buy three a week if you have arena badges, guild badges, and a lot of transmit stones.....so like 1-2 skills a week. And then characters who get worse when other characters release and no recall option outside of nerfs, you have to be way too cautious and never make any changes.

That's a good point; a way to "recall" our investments in a character would be another way to increase experimentation. I basically have like 8 MG saved at all times because I feel really cautious about investing too heavily in a character. (or in the case of Hazel, afraid to invest more because I don't know if I'll get those resources back if the spec change ever comes) Especially when the resource requirements are almost exponential as you go up each enhancement level.

Yeah but you're forgetting the fact you can actually fuse the majority of the demons in the game, if you do that the then you're in control of the RNG for those demons which basically unlike any other gacha. The exceptions are the few gacha exclusive units, but for most of those it doesn't matter what archetype you get because they all tend to be pretty good.

The bigger problem with Dx2 is the lack of content, really.

And Atlus recently introduced an archetype change mechanic, which while expensive at least gives you option to get the type you want even when pulling gacha demons. And they're a lot more generous with handing out resources and providing easier ways to improve demons. They do have the same kind of onerous equipment fee, but at least they have events once in a while to make it free.

I agree though that Dx2 has a lack of content compared with this game, and their event stories are way more boring than E7's. Which is odd considering RPG games are their bread and butter.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone know what to farm to raise Rank level?

You mean to promote characters to a higher star?

My current method is:
- feed 2* monsters to 2* wolves (from Sanctuary) to promote them to 3*
- raise 3* wolf to 30 (max), or use the 3* maxed wolves you get from shops/events
- raise 2* monsters to 3*, don't need to max 3* them, just get them there
- use the 3* monsters to promote the 3* wolf to 4*
- if you need 5* wolves, max a 4* wolf and feed the other 4* wolves to promote it
- rinse and repeat as needed

Since wolves have a XP bonus compared with normal monsters, this is more efficient than just raising monsters themselves, or feeding wolves to wolves at the 3* level. And honestly if I'm raising a 3* character to 4*, I'll usually use junk 3* characters I don't want as promotion fodder.

edit: oh, and note that feeding the same character to that character will activate a "memory imprint" which gives stat bonuses (sometimes to the whole party). Every additional one you feed adds to that bonus. If they're at the same level as the character you want to promote, you can use them as promotion fodder and still get the imprint bonus.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
You mean to promote characters to a higher star?

My current method is:
- feed 2* monsters to 2* wolves (from Sanctuary) to promote them to 3*
- raise 3* wolf to 30 (max), or use the 3* maxed wolves you get from shops/events
- raise 2* monsters to 3*, don't need to max 3* them, just get them there
- use the 3* monsters to promote the 3* wolf to 4*
- if you need 5* wolves, max a 4* wolf and feed the other 4* wolves to promote it
- rinse and repeat as needed

Since wolves have a XP bonus compared with normal monsters, this is more efficient than just raising monsters themselves, or feeding wolves to wolves at the 3* level. And honestly if I'm raising a 3* character to 4*, I'll usually use junk 3* characters I don't want as promotion fodder.

edit: oh, and note that feeding the same character to that character will activate a "memory imprint" which gives stat bonuses (sometimes to the whole party). Every additional one you feed adds to that bonus. If they're at the same level as the character you want to promote, you can use them as promotion fodder and still get the imprint bonus.
I mean the Rank level for the account. that increases energy and friend list.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I really like Bellona's skills, but the actual character design/execution (color palette, voice actor, animation) is not so great.

The scarcity of MolaGora and catalysts is making me want to only invest in the upper tier characters I have, which is frustrating since there's a lot of good 3 and 4* characters I have a hunch could be good if I invested a lot in them.

edit: finally had the last Blazing Soul drop on 4-9 and got Yuna. Not sure I'll have much use for her right now, but nice to have a water ranger.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Ive got my ass handed to me on Floor 54 a couple of weeks ago and never attempted it again because it was too much BS for me. Yesterday i went back and actually manged to clear it..as well as the two following stages.

Now for people who have cleared most of the later stages - assuming i have a DPS, Def breaker and Diene - which of the following healer/tanks would overall help me the most in Abyss - Kluri, Destina( w. one imprint), Doris or Angelica ? Thats would be the one i would 6* next for the health stat buff needed as tank. I have all the relevant Soul Weaver Artifacts and Aurius for Kluri.

Thinking Doris right now but that would leave me with only Diene to deal with Debuffs - unless its viable to run 3 Soul Weaver and one DPS in later stages - like Diene/Doris/Angelica + DPS/Poison ?

PS. Leveled some gear yesterday as well and now im broke....ffs.

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping that they make the good shit we need to help our many characters grow, more cheaply to get. I have hopes for the Alchemist Steeple.

Euxantius

Dec 31, 2018
Could I please get an invite to EpicEra? IGN: Euxantius

Now for people who have cleared most of the later stages - assuming i have a DPS, Def breaker and Diene - which of the following healer/tanks would overall help me the most in Abyss - Kluri, Destina( w. one imprint), Doris or Angelica ? Thats would be the one i would 6* next for the health stat buff needed as tank. I have all the relevant Soul Weaver Artifacts and Aurius for Kluri.

Thinking Doris right now but that would leave me with only Diene to deal with Debuffs - unless its viable to run 3 Soul Weaver and one DPS in later stages - like Diene/Doris/Angelica + DPS/Poison ?

Doris is probably the best overall choice here, but you will want to run Angelica occasionally for her debuff immunity. And yeah 3 Soul Weavers and 1 DPS is perfectly viable, poison and Joker will do the trick.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Beat floor 52 with the greatest of magic. My teams still seem undergeared/bad with Kise having my best stuff and Krau wondering why FLCL was brought along instead of him. Originally I tried with destina/Lorina/Kise/ bellona but got unlucky and a frog killed Lorina. Lorina is the weak link here, too squishy her lifesteal gear from the early abyss levels isn't enough.

Last edited:

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
The latter abyss is so goddamn boring. Boss HP could be half of what it is now, and fights still would feel drawn out.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm really enjoying the game but the lack of multi pulls is a little...off putting? Is the idea that you will eventually 10s upon 10s of bookmarks or thousands of sky's tones? Just pinging one at a time at this Bella banner is meh lol

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
I'm really enjoying the game but the lack of multi pulls is a little...off putting? Is the idea that you will eventually 10s upon 10s of bookmarks or thousands of sky's tones? Just pinging one at a time at this Bella banner is meh lol
The rates is whats off-putting about this game... I hope the devs fix it or something soon. Adding something where we can pick a unit we want or something.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I had been stuck on Abyss 42 for a while with my Sez, Silk, Ras/Armin, Hazel team. Just couldn't kill the adds fast enough and the DPS overwhelmed me. I tried again today, replacing Silk with Bellona, and it was completely different. Her aoe defense break and just overall damage output not only got me through it, but I didn't even have anyone close to death. Also got me through 43 and 44 with no issues.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
I'm hoping to get Sez soon. I can't believe I rerolled when I first played and on the 3rd of the multipullI got Sez and reroll.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
How fast is it to reroll? Do you need to do all 10 stages of chapter 1 again?

Yup. You need to do all 10. I'm not sure how many regular summons they are giving out right now, but also trade your crystals for bookmarks to summon on the Bellona Banner

Bellona (only available on her banner right now) + and any 4/5* healer (Destina/Achates/Angelica) should carry you to endgame. since Bellona does good dps and has DEF break ( a very important debuff), which gives you a lot of flexibility in your other 2 slots.

Basically aim for 1x DPS and 1x Healer. DPS of note include Sigret, Haste, Cidd, Ravi and Sez.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What's the best roll on the 30 Selective Summon event? About to do it and want to make sure i start off right

A 5* DPS (Sez probably being the best but Ravi is equally useful) and a 5* (Destina) or 4* Healer (Angelica or Achates). Angelica isn't any more useful than Destina or Achates and I'd say actually drops off in utility later on (I have all three).

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
I only re-rolled once, but I went with Angelica, Vildred, and some 4* Artifact. I did roll Sez and Ravi at other points, but on those rolls there was no other 4* or 5* anything, so I kept trying,

Status
Not open for further replies.