• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I only re-rolled once, but I went with Angelica, Vildred, and some 4* Artifact. I did roll Sez and Ravi at other points, but on those rolls there was no other 4* or 5* anything, so I kept trying,
Vildred is still a solid farmer, so still pretty good.

Probably for the best settling on that really, you could be re-rolling for a long time trying to get very specific things.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
What are the main things I should be doing as a total newbie? Like the minimum set of daillies / things I should get on a daily farm rotation?

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
What are the main things I should be doing as a total newbie? Like the minimum set of daillies / things I should get on a daily farm rotation?

Play through some story and your daily reputation quests. Don't miss the side story events because they offer good rewards. Don't forget to click on the Roll the Dice banner in the top right corner and do that mini thing to get prizes each day.

I went through 30 badges just on the covenant summons because I wanted to pull things and didn't want to wait for the next banner. It was a bad decision.

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017

As a newbie, go through the story until the game opens up to where you can do Arena, Hunts and Sidestories. Initial equipment just focus on making complete sets E.g 4 pieces of ATK for your DPSes, and use spares to upgrade to +6 or so.

You should be good if you just complete your dailies and farm the side story. Side stories are relatively easy (even in World Mode) and you can get items from the shop (good equipment), catalysts which will be useful late-game but have horrible drop rates usually.

Initial aim is to figure out a team comp you are happy with and get them to 5* and geared, and maybe one or two situational chars to swap in as required.

Things to look out for:

Healing
Tanking
Damage

Really good to have:
Enemy Def Down
Debuff cleanse
Speed Up

Good to have
ATK/Def Up
Barriers

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
So after long search this seems to be a Gacha game I can invest some time into. It's fun, polished, story/characters seem okay and it looks gorgeous. Just started the game two days ago and I am only in chapter 3-7 but I am having a good time with it. Didn't reroll or even look up any character tierlists because I am not planning on min-maxing. I just wanna have a good time with the characters that I like the most and try to beat the story and do some party-building. I hope this is reasonable in this game. In the end - after 20 retrys in that first gacha you can do - I went with 5* Sigret. She looks badass and so far I don't regret pulling her. Her attacks are super-satisfying and she seems strong enough - especially in 1:1 situations against bosses.

Are there multi-pulls with guaranteed 4/5-stars or can I just spent my tokens on whatever event where I like the boosted characters? Is there a era guild I can join?

EDIT: And oh, can all characters be upgraded to 5 stars or are they locked to 3/4 stars? If so, where can I see that in the game?

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Just got over a massive wall I hit in Abyss 35. The enemies in the first area get CR if they get hit so my fast but weak Yuna was killing me, and the Boss's unhealable just ensured I couldn't recover if I got a bad crit, and she is Ice so I couldn't use the bleed from my Surin, my only Earth attacker was Vildred. Was really, really tough. Ended up using Vildred, Karin, Kluri, Doris. Kluri was for Aurius and provoke to help keep Doris alive. Karin is my top single target dps (only 85% crit though) and Vildred for the AOE.

okita

Oct 25, 2017

You should focus to get 10-10 done, you will be unlocking things along the way , dailies are : Raise a penguin on forest of souls , do the free summon, do five times arena, do 3 time hunt , do 1 time altar , 5 times adventure? (don't remember exactly) , Do two dispatch missions , it's hard to do everything when you are a starting and maybe you will take a few days or more to be able to do everything.

Edit: Was seeing Kgaming stream today and finally he got Bellona (it was a saga and many bms used quite sad to see most of the stream on the early days)

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
So after long search this seems to be a Gacha game I can invest some time into. It's fun, polished, story/characters seem okay and it looks gorgeous. Just started the game two days ago and I am only in chapter 3-7 but I am having a good time with it. Didn't reroll or even look up any character tierlists because I am not planning on min-maxing. I just wanna have a good time with the characters that I like the most and try to beat the story and do some party-building. I hope this is reasonable in this game. In the end - after 20 retrys in that first gacha you can do - I went with 5* Sigret. She looks badass and so far I don't regret pulling her. Her attacks are super-satisfying and she seems strong enough - especially in 1:1 situations against bosses.

Are there multi-pulls with guaranteed 4/5-stars or can I just spent my tokens on whatever event where I like the boosted characters? Is there a era guild I can join?

EDIT: And oh, can all characters be upgraded to 5 stars or are they locked to 3/4 stars? If so, where can I see that in the game?
Welcome aboard!

Sigret is indeed a very powerful 5* so you did well sticking with her.

All characters can be levelled to 5* and reach level 60. Additionally a lot of the 3* characters you can get rival those of 5*.

Kiris
Kluri
Lorina
Elson (even after his nerf, although he's not as powerful)

There are tickets you can get where you can get a guaranteed 4-5* character although they aren't cheap in resources (6 gold transmit stones). You can accumulate 1 gold transmit stones for every 20 summons. However, there are items called Moonlight summons which also cost 6 transmit stones so do a bit of research and decide when the time comes which one suits you better.

As for the last part of your question if you click on the "Heroes" tab you can see you hero levels and depending on their star they require a level break in order to get more levels:

3 stars = Max level is 30 (until you level break them)
4 stars = Max level is 40
5 stars = Max level is 50.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Opened up the last barrier in Nixied's Sanctum 1, and thought I could probably take on the wyvern boss without much trouble. Think again! Turns out that boss is ridiculous without a barrier breaker in your party. Bye goes one whole run of progress.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Opened up the last barrier in Nixied's Sanctum 1, and thought I could probably take on the wyvern boss without much trouble. Think again! Turns out that boss is ridiculous without a barrier breaker in your party. Bye goes one whole run of progress.

I'm still stuck there from a lack of debuffers

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Welcome aboard!

Sigret is indeed a very powerful 5* so you did well sticking with her.

All characters can be levelled to 5* and reach level 60. Additionally a lot of the 3* characters you can get rival those of 5*.

Kiris
Kluri
Lorina
Elson (even after his nerf, although he's not as powerful)

There are tickets you can get where you can get a guaranteed 4-5* character although they aren't cheap in resources (6 gold transmit stones). You can accumulate 1 gold transmit stones for every 20 summons. However, there are items called Moonlight summons which also cost 6 transmit stones so do a bit of research and decide when the time comes which one suits you better.

As for the last part of your question if you click on the "Heroes" tab you can see you hero levels and depending on their star they require a level break in order to get more levels:

3 stars = Max level is 30 (until you level break them)
4 stars = Max level is 40
5 stars = Max level is 50.
Thanks for the welcome and the explanations. I already guessed that there is some kind of "level-break" at max level for non-5*. It's a common technique in these games. But it's good to know that every character can be leveled up to a 5* and - even better to know - that these characters can be still worth it :)

Man there are really an awful lot of currencies in this game, lol.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Whats the best way to get gold transmit stones?

There isn't a best way, You get it from the normal summons after 20 pulls , from events and the daily login (six per month). Christmas had it in one farmable chest but the caveat is you won't getting any from there in practice (you need to be extremely lucky as most of the things in this game), just a carrot for people to pursue

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
There isn't a best way, You get it from the normal summons after 20 pulls , from events and the daily login (six per month). Christmas had it in one farmable chest but the caveat is you won't getting any from there in practice (you need to be extremely lucky as most of the things in this game), just a carrot for people to pursue
Damn I just need 1 so i can get a 4-5* ticket.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I finally did something, beat Serilla on Hell. Definitely don't ignore the minions like in hard difficulty their debuffs get obnoxious. Destina, Ken, Kise, Krau. How am I still using Ken? I should have put candlelight artifact on destina but I beat it on my first kill minion try so eh.

Ken.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Just finished chapter 2 of the story and decided to do 1 summon for shits and giggles, got Etica's Scepter. Looks like an amazing artifact, but I guess I need a mage other than Mercedes first to really put it to use

z3rkr

Dec 30, 2017
After pulling Bella from the free stones you get from her event on main yesterday, Pulled my fist ml nad 5 today on my alt. ML Ken.

Good weekend overall.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I finally did something, beat Serilla on Hell. Definitely don't ignore the minions like in hard difficulty their debuffs get obnoxious. Destina, Ken, Kise, Krau. How am I still using Ken? I should have put candlelight artifact on destina but I beat it on my first kill minion try so eh.

Ken.

I can't get anywhere close to beating her on Hell. I can barely take out one of the brooms and then it all goes south. My main tank being green (Armin), plus Bellona being green, doesn't really help matters. And Maid Chloe worked well on Hard, but she can't keep up with the damage on Hell. Neither can Hazel. Maybe if I took Chloe to 60. I could maybe switch to using Corvus as my tank, but he's only 40 and haven't really invested in him (I don't know if he's worth 5*-ing?).

On another note, what happens to awakened slots and skill enhancements when you do a specialty change? Do those get lost? Or does the spec change just add on to the existing character?

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I can't get anywhere close to beating her on Hell. I can barely take out one of the brooms and then it all goes south. My main tank being green (Armin), plus Bellona being green, doesn't really help matters. And Maid Chloe worked well on Hard, but she can't keep up with the damage on Hell. Neither can Hazel. Maybe if I took Chloe to 60. I could maybe switch to using Corvus as my tank, but he's only 40 and haven't really invested in him (I don't know if he's worth 5*-ing?).

On another note, what happens to awakened slots and skill enhancements when you do a specialty change? Do those get lost? Or does the spec change just add on to the existing character?

Both carried over for Lorina and FLCL. Did you get Bask? He'd seem like a good tank vs her but Serila hell seems much tougher than your current squad. I am just now embracing Arky, never used to use him but he does a lot.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Both carried over for Lorina and FLCL. Did you get Bask? He'd seem like a good tank vs her but Serila hell seems much tougher than your current squad. I am just now embracing Arky, never used to use him but he does a lot.

How many of your crew were at 60? I'm only running Sez and Hazel at 60, and Sez is fairly ineffective against those brooms. Yeah I do have Bask, not a big fan, but you're right he might be a good fit if I leveled/geared him. I forgot I have Cecilia as well, but I haven't been too impressed with her tanking abilities.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I have Kise as my only soon to be 60. Throw an Arky at the brooms. Hazel can't debuff so that's a downside too. I have most of my best gear on those four and they all have 9-10k hp. If Cecilcia could process a defense break on stuff that would be good.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
What are the Mega Phantasma units I have for? I can just fodder them for enhance, or do they have a special purpose?

okita

Oct 25, 2017
What are the Mega Phantasma units I have for? I can just fodder them for enhance, or do they have a special purpose?

Promote your heroes , 3 to 4 stars, 4 to 5 and 5 to 6 stars, there are mega , giga anda tera phantasmas. Search a video with information about fodders and you will understand the whole proccess

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
I have Kise as my only soon to be 60. Throw an Arky at the brooms. Hazel can't debuff so that's a downside too. I have most of my best gear on those four and they all have 9-10k hp. If Cecilcia could process a defense break on stuff that would be good.

Cecilia's def break is too sporadic, at least not without investing, which I don't want to. Yeah you have better gear than me, Sez is my only character who tops 9k. I just brought Armin, Hazel, Maid Chloe, and Sez and got halfway through before a stack of 5 burns took Hazel from halfway health to death in one go and it all fell apart. I don't think I'm going to win this fight without a big change. I just coincidentally 5*'d Montmorancy bc I had so many dupes laying around, so she could help with the debuffs, but I don't know...I think I lack the investment in the right characters for this one.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Special. They are for promoting characters up in stars. Feed standard monsters two star phantasms, feed those to gold phantasms, feed those to black phantasms. If you lack gold ones, add a,phantasm to your party to level it up. Never use them for exp, those are what penguins are for.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think there's any ML units I want ATM. I really want Angelica or Destina so thats mostly why I want to get the ticket.
Absurd. There's a massive list of really good ML units, some of whom are 3*s. I'm not sure how you could say something like this with a straight face. Even if you're short on healers, Doris is an effective one and she's a 3*.

Meanwhile, the 4* ticket is... a 4* ticket (the chance of getting a 5* from it is so miniscule it doesn't even warrant consideration). There's a chance you might get Angelica, sure, but that chance is divided between every other 4* in the game. Meanwhile, the ML roster consists of some of the most outrageously overpowered units in the game, some of whom can easily catapult you into endgame if you get lucky enough to roll one.

I've used 4* tickets twice. First time I got Crozet, second time I got Zerato. This is the kind of fate that awaits you going down that road. I do not recommend it.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Real talk, you likely won't get a good unit using either or. Don't think about it too much. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
As a new player, is it worth dumping the limited amount of currency I have into Bellona's banner or should I wait for the next one?

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
As a new player, is it worth dumping the limited amount of currency I have into Bellona's banner or should I wait for the next one?
Depends on how much you like Bellona. There are limited banners where 120 pulls guarantee you the unit. It's something to take into consideration before you put it all into one banner with no 5* to show for it. That said though, early on, even 3 and 4* characters can make the game much more enjoyable.

I'd say wait a few days though, new banners usually appear on wednesdays.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
There is a lot of good 3* ML units and the odds of getting one are pretty high. I pulled a Doris and she has been my MVP in raid and abyss. Don't underestimate units based on rarity. Always take the ML summon.

Nov 3, 2017
Really hope Doris gets a specialty change. I get she's already really good, but I refuse to use any character who doesn't have a cut in animation. It's why I don't touch my 5* Mistychain anymore

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Absurd. There's a massive list of really good ML units, some of whom are 3*s. I'm not sure how you could say something like this with a straight face. Even if you're short on healers, Doris is an effective one and she's a 3*.

Meanwhile, the 4* ticket is... a 4* ticket (the chance of getting a 5* from it is so miniscule it doesn't even warrant consideration). There's a chance you might get Angelica, sure, but that chance is divided between every other 4* in the game. Meanwhile, the ML roster consists of some of the most outrageously overpowered units in the game, some of whom can easily catapult you into endgame if you get lucky enough to roll one.

I've used 4* tickets twice. First time I got Crozet, second time I got Zerato. This is the kind of fate that awaits you going down that road. I do not recommend it.

Straight up nonsense, this is as absurd as saying there's no ML units you want. Your chance of a 5* unit is 15%, six times the chance of getting one on the ML and ten times the chance of getting it on the standard summon. On the ML summon you have a 70% chance of getting a 3* unit, the majority of which are poor to average and one or two of which are powerful, even the 4* ML units all aren't great. You say you had bad luck with your 4-5* ticket as if there haven't been numerous people in the thread with garbage luck on all their ML pulls.

The pro's of the ML pull are that you can only get light and dark units this way and you have a small chance of getting some of the best units in the game. But its a big gamble with a limited resource and pretending its going to be amazing is disingenuous.

Real talk, you likely won't get a good unit using either or. Don't think about it too much. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

This is true.

I'd put money on us not getting more than 2 limited banners before 2020.

This feels accurate. I'd say one in a few months and then one for the anniversary.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
Pulling on any limited/non limited banner will always be pulling from the same pool as a 4-5* ticket, meaning as the game progresses, the likelihood of pulling something good goes down as you pull more and more in the game. The ML summon pool can only be accessed through galaxy bookmarks meaning you will never get spooked by an ML unit while using any of your regular bookmarks. If you ever plan on pulling with regular bookmarks on either a limited or non-limited banner, do not buy a 4-5* ticket.

Hubb

Oct 27, 2017
There is a lot of good 3* ML units and the odds of getting one are pretty high. I pulled a Doris and she has been my MVP in raid and abyss. Don't underestimate units based on rarity. Always take the ML summon.

This is pretty much where am I. Plus there is always a chance a 3* gets a specialty change like Axe God from ML and suddenly becomes OP. Even if you get a bad 3* from ML, it might not always be bad.

I'd put money on us not getting more than 2 limited banners before 2020.

I'm all in the camp of thinking we won't get a lot of pity banners, but they might actually do one for the Korean New Year. I didn't think much of it until they had the community bogpost today/this weekend. That + Anniversary of the game might be a good guess.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pulling on any limited/non limited banner will always be pulling from the same pool as a 4-5* ticket, meaning as the game progresses, the likelihood of pulling something good goes down as you pull more and more in the game. The ML summon pool can only be accessed through galaxy bookmarks meaning you will never get spooked by an ML unit while using any of your regular bookmarks. If you ever plan on pulling with regular bookmarks on either a limited or non-limited banner, do not buy a 4-5* ticket.

This is meaningless given the games rates. Over the course of a full year your daily pulls are (probably) going to net you around two or three 5* units. Pulling repeatedly from the same pool is an issue in games with better rates because you are running a much higher risk of dupes. In this game the chances of getting a dupe are a) statistically unlikely and b) dupes are actually useful (not amazingly so but they are good for limit breaking and a nice little buff). Your likelyhood of pulling something good remains largely the same in both pools i.e. really fucking low. A normal 4* unit (i.e. your worst result on a 4-5* summon) is more likely to be useful than a 3* ML summon (8 of the 22 normal four stars are below 7.5 on the tier list, so ~36% chance of getting a mediocre or bad one compared to 10 of the 17 3* ML summons i.e. a 60% chance of getting a mediocre or bad unit).

If you need a good unit now you simply have a better shot at a useful 4* unit or a 5* unit by buying the 4-5* summon ticket. If you prefer to gamble then a ML summon is the way to go. Hypothetical like "Maybe this garbage 3* will get a speciality change down the line" are possible but at the moment we know that the next two speciality changes are for units in the common pool and given their delay it could be well down the road when any such changes come in.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017

Meanwhile, the 4* ticket is... a 4* ticket (the chance of getting a 5* from it is so miniscule it doesn't even warrant consideration). There's a chance you might get Angelica, sure,

Hah, I just threw the 5 bookmarks I had at the regular summon on a lark and it spit out an Angelica. I was surprised to say the least.

So that should make my E7 life I bit easier. And it does back up the point that it's always possible to just pull a good unit from normal summons, on very rare occasions.

And speaking of ML units, I finally got enough resources to do my S3 skill enhancement on Maid Chloe. 8 Flame of Souls and 2 MolaGoraGos. Ouch. I don't even know where to get more MGGs, only have one left. But it dropped her cooldown to 5 turns, which means she now has revive coverage on the party every 3 out of 5 turns. I'm almost wondering if she could act as a tank if I buffed her defense enough...then I could put the Candlestick on her to drop the cooldown even more.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

Honestly, the "best" ML heroes shine in pvp, which is largely ignored by most people atm. There are some that are great and useful in pve, eg God, Doris, roar, dom, etc, but most aren't really good pve heroes. For example, I'd rather have normal Kise over Judge Kise just for that reason. I'd still pull ML but after quite a few ML pulls, I only use God on a regular basis.

Status
Not open for further replies.