• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
I got her, look at her kit, she designed to punish things that depend on buffs; third skill does more damage to buffed enemies, second skill removes buffs and silences. The S2 skill also speeds her up and gives her more attack so she can quickly get S2 back and use it to clear any other buff since it only removes one buff at a time (as in its an AOE but it doesn't clear multiple buffs on the enemies, just one on each of the ones she hits).

Thanks, she sounds like she brings quite a bit of utility, will work on building her up.

Seems like quite a few people got Yufine...

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
Uhhh...notice something?

mPZW05x.jpg

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any thoughts on whether to 6* Assassin Cartuja or Cidd first? I'm primarily interested in beefing up my PvP capabilities. I'm tempted to go with Cidd as he feels a bit better in PvP (and other areas) but honestly I don't think I have any decent SPD equipment left whereas I have a high level Lifesteal set I could use with AC.

Oct 25, 2017
Can anyone name a couple of heroes that benefit greatly from a Hit set? Or is Effectiveness almost solely used as a substat. I rarely see it in the recommended sets, at least for the heroes I own. I've got a ton of Hit sets with great substats.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Any thoughts on whether to 6* Assassin Cartuja or Cidd first? I'm primarily interested in beefing up my PvP capabilities. I'm tempted to go with Cidd as he feels a bit better in PvP (and other areas) but honestly I don't think I have any decent SPD equipment left whereas I have a high level Lifesteal set I could use with AC.

I consider Cidd one of the best pvp units in the game. You may not have the equipment for him yet but when you do, he's great. Well, I'd say one of the best units period. I use him for everything. Def break each round is nuts. Element-agnostic (is that the right word? Probably not) s3 is nuts.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Can anyone name a couple of heroes that benefit greatly from a Hit set? Or is Effectiveness almost solely used as a substat. I rarely see it in the recommended sets, at least for the heroes I own. I've got a ton of Hit sets with great substats.

I run speed hit on a bunch of characters that mainly want to debuff. Kiris, Requiemroar, Kluri, Dingo. I'm not sure if anyone wants a full hit set, since going faster means you can stack more debuffs and have skills come off cooldown faster. Plus there's a cap on effective resistance

Is CR pushback affected by effectiveness/ effect resistance? I recall it gets blocked by debuff immunity. Cos if so, effectiveness won't be a wasted stat on C Lorina and I can happily run the abyss lifesteal set on her (I have an attack set that is almost as good, so the lifesteal would go on Serilla / Tenebria)

Last edited:

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I consider Cidd one of the best pvp units in the game. You may not have the equipment for him yet but when you do, he's great. Well, I'd say one of the best units period. I use him for everything. Def break each round is nuts. Element-agnostic (is that the right word? Probably not) s3 is nuts.
Element-agnostic is the right phrase, yes.

Cidd is just OP as fuck in general. Dude's ridiculous. Frankly, he shits all over most 5* DPS characters due to how universally useful he is in all kinds of content. His raw damage output is insanely high, and the fact that he's one of the fastest characters in the game on top of that is just...

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I'm using triple Hit on Kiris and Surin. It's all about those debuffs.

From multiple sources on reddit, the resist chance of boss monsters can't be reduced to less than 15%, and the biggest ones have no more than 70% base resist, so the target number to aim for is 55% Effectiveness. Anything more is a waste. This can easily be achieved with a single hit set, considering the number of times that substat appear when you need something better like attack or crit chance.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Patch notes are already here!
http://page.onstove.com/epicseven/g...n,html_remove&boardKey=e7en004&afterBack=true

Still no Luna, but the Tamarinne leak was correct!

Do the devs even know people want her? I feel like the community and devs are always not seeing eye to eye on anything.

Though I'm seeing a lot of people just sitting on their bookmarks waiting for her, seems dumb for them not just to drop her so they can get more of these people to spend.

BlueGeezer

Oct 28, 2017
Account Review two week update.

Doing this now as kind of a progression log and also for advice to be given still!

Main Team:

Schuri (5* and Rosa Hargana), C Lorina (6* and El's fist), Hazel (5* and Magarah's tome), F Kluri (6* and Candlestick) 123k CP

Adventure: up to 8-4 world (up from 4-1)
Hunt: 7 done on all. 8 on Wyvern. (up from 6)
Arena: Silver Level (this hasnt moved >.< )
Spirit Altar: 8 done on all (up from 6 or 7)
Abyss: level 49 done (up from 40)
Labyrinth: Tirel done. 27% through Nixiel, havent touched Farche. (up from not completing Tirel)

Currently grinding 8-4 for catalysts and leveling fodder.

Owned (Bold are new)

5 Star:
Tywin (Daydream Joker), Kayron, Sigret, Vildred (Dust Devil), Zeno

4 Star:
Silk (5* and Sasha Ithes), Corvus (5* and El's fist), Guider Aither, Rin, Romann, Lots, Leo, Dingo, Schuri, Mercedes, Dominiel

3 Star:
Aither (5* and Magarah's tome), Rima, Elson, Tieria, PearlHorizon, MistyChain, Carmainerose, Kiris, Nemunas, Jecht, Jena, Carrot, Otillie, Adlay, Montmorancy, Hazel, Mucacha, Taranor Guard, Azalea, Church of Ilryos Axe, Helga, Enott, Roozid, Alexa, Judith, F Kluri (6*), Taranor Royal Guard, Ras, C Lorina (6*), Gunther, Celeste

Notable other Artifacts:

5*
Iron Fan, Abyssal Crown, Violet Talisman, Alexa's Basket

4*
Hell Cutter, Sira-Ren, Kal'adra, Tagahel's Ancient Book, Adamant Shield, Wonderous POtion Vial, Water's Origin, Moonlight Dreamblade, Card of Small Miracles

Aim:

So Vildred has now scuppered my aims a little as i think i should possibly change my plans of my 3rd 6* and make him it to ease any future farming plans. Thoughts on that instead of Hazel/Schuri? Any thoughts on what i should do with Sigret? Should i bother trying to get Tammarine?

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
So Vildred has now scuppered my aims a little as i think i should possibly change my plans of my 3rd 6* and make him it to ease any future farming plans. Thoughts on that instead of Hazel/Schuri? Any thoughts on what i should do with Sigret? Should i bother trying to get Tammarine?

I really love Vildred, so take this with a grain of salt, but let me express my thoughts on the matter in meme form to you:

kam6wyn2s1e21.jpg

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
One day I'll pull again in this game. Eventually.

I really want new characters to play with though.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I'll wait a week to see if Tamarinne is worth pulling or not. If not, I'll wait to be back to 600+ BM and never go under it again, until Luna. And still no Luna this week, damn it!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Underwhelming update. Though the hunt tweaks are decent. I wonder why we dont get gold transmit stones from sidestorys anymore.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
4-5 Ticket gave me Angelica, and the daily pull gave me my first Prophetic Candlestick, so a really good set of pulls.

Debating on whether I want to pull on Tamarinne. If you asked me yesterday, it would have yes for sure since I only have Destina for a pure healer, but I have Angelica to help now too. The artifact looks pretty nice on Diene/Requiemroar too since I don't have any good SW artifact. I have 300 bookmarks and 20K gems saved for a rainy day, so I do have a bit of extra I can use (and whiff on)

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Tamarinne looks quite interesting - doubt ill pull for her or get her but still a cool unit.
In Auto Battle, Mascot Hazel's skill "A Girl in Uniform" now target the Ally with the highest Attack.
I dont have Class changed Hazel yet but im glad that this one already got improved/updates.

Underwhelming update. Though the hunt tweaks are decent. I wonder why we dont get gold transmit stones from sidestorys anymore.
Why is it underwhelming or what exactly were you expecting ? Seems quite solid to me.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
With Guild Wars it becomes more and more apparent the problems with building characters up. Even just a draw on it means I'm pretty much out for the count because it's just so time consuming building up characters and so I haven't really got that great replacements.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
This is their new year was expecting something bigger , but seems as poor as our new year event and have set the expectations in events for the rest of the year damn low (maybe except the anniversary of the game)

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
With Guild Wars it becomes more and more apparent the problems with building characters up. Even just a draw on it means I'm pretty much out for the count because it's just so time consuming building up characters and so I haven't really got that great replacements.
True.....but to be fair everyone struggles with it so I don't think it would make a big difference right now.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
True.....but to be fair everyone struggles with it so I don't think it would make a big difference right now.
Maybe everyone struggles with not having other people to sub in but other people are absolutely further ahead with their base team of 6 character so they're less likely to face this problem in the first place.

Like not everyone has a full team of 60s with gear to start off with, I'm no where bloody close to be frank, and now they've made a situation where the "weaker" people get put into an even worse situation because they lose units and are effectively screwed.

Fortunately(or maybe unfortunately for some people who can compete) the rewards for Guild Wars are pretty damn pathetic, so it's not the end of the world, but it really does highlight the issues with the game.

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
I don't get this line of view: are you getting matched against guilds with all towers full of 60s characters? Because I sure as hell don't for the moment.
Regardless of how easier they would make the progression, there will ALWAYS be people ahead of you, either because they spend more money or time on the game.
I'm all for saying that gold / gear is a bottleneck right now and is probably tuned a little bit too harsh to make progression fun, but I don't see what Guild Wars has to do with the problem. When I see someone with a better team than mine it motivates me in pushing further to attain his level.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I don't get this line of view: are you getting matched against guilds with all towers full of 60s characters? Because I sure as hell don't for the moment.
Regardless of how easier they would make the progression, there will ALWAYS be people ahead of you, either because they spend more money or time on the game.
I'm all for saying that gold / gear is a bottleneck right now and is probably tuned a little bit too harsh to make progression fun, but I don't see what Guild Wars has to do with the problem. When I see someone with a better team than mine it motivates me in pushing further to attain his level.
EpicEra got matched against teams with 4-6 60s, yep.

It's especially funny because we lost our last match against a guild with worse teams. Matchmaking isn't very good at the moment, clearly.

I'm just stating I don't really like the fact it takes months to gear a few characters, never mind how many they want for Guild Wars. That's the bottom line.

I used to play a lot of MMOs and they were all quicker in how long it takes to gear, level etc people up than this. :P

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017

Yeah we lost our last match, and the new one is pretty much against a full guild of Lvl 60 players with 4+ Lvl 60 chars. I think theres only like 5 people who aren't max level and they are close.

Right now if I had to comment on Epic Seven:

Rate of character acquisition is 7.
Rate of rune acquisition is 4.
Rate of gear acquistion is 2.
Rate of mola acquisition is 1.

We are getting way more characters (especially if mono teams are needed in the future) than natural stamina can keep up. Like my daily routine is do all the dailies, then, farm side story. Maybe since I come from FGO, I'm not used to spamming stamina refreshes all day, but it seems like thats the only only way to make visible progress

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Why is it underwhelming or what exactly were you expecting ? Seems quite solid to me.

Underwhelming might be unfair, average is probably more accurate. I was expecting a bit more for the lunar new year but that's on me.

Fortunately(or maybe unfortunately for some people who can compete) the rewards for Guild Wars are pretty damn pathetic, so it's not the end of the world, but it really does highlight the issues with the game.

I'm actually sort of glad that so far the rewards for GW are fairly ho-hum. It means people don't have to stress out about it. Though we are in "Pre-Season" so perhaps that will change come "Season 1."

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah we lost our last match, and the new one is pretty much against a full guild of Lvl 60 players with 4+ Lvl 60 chars. I think theres only like 5 people who aren't max level and they are close.

We are getting way more characters (especially if mono teams are needed in the future) than natural stamina can keep up. Like my daily routine is do all the dailies, then, farm side story. Maybe since I come from FGO, I'm not used to spamming stamina refreshes all day, but it seems like thats the only only way to make visible progress
Yeah basically it seems like they keep coming up with new content that is pushing this idea of requiring more and more units geared up, which isn't necessarily an issue just yet as Guild Wars and the stage 11 hunts aren't mandatory, but it sets a precedent for the direction that they want the game to go in. Meanwhile a lot of people are still struggling to gear up/skill up etc a first team.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

Right, because of the amount of randomness in gear it can often feel like making no progress at all on that front using natural stamina alone.

I see posts on reddit about increasing energy(from skystones/liefs/recharge) to allow them to farm even harder, but really I just want them to make changes so that inhumane amounts of stamina aren't necessary to get gear upgrades or really gear that isn't trash. I blew through 150 wyvern 9s to get Hazel's SC and I think I got one accessory that didn't have a flat main, it was a crit set with effect resist%).

I don't mind seeing teams I think I can't beat or lose to, but when I have the units lying around that might give me a better chance and it's weeks if not months to get them up to speed it can be annoying.

Hopefully crafting changes help with that, whenever they come out.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Right, because of the amount of randomness in gear it can often feel like making no progress at all on that front using natural stamina alone.

I see posts on reddit about increasing energy(from skystones/liefs/recharge) to allow them to farm even harder, but really I just want them to make changes so that inhumane amounts of stamina aren't necessary to get gear upgrades or really gear that isn't trash. I blew through 150 wyvern 9s to get Hazel's SC and I think I got one accessory that didn't have a flat main, it was a crit set with effect resist%).

I don't mind seeing teams I think I can't beat or lose to, but when I have the units lying around that might give me a better chance and it's weeks if not months to get them up to speed it can be annoying.

Hopefully crafting changes help with that, whenever they come out.
Yeah I agree with that.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I don't feel like special holiday events "do" anything, but I like the rate of side stories and continue hoping the story sides are less shallow.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The new main side story next week should be like the Diene/Bask story. Longer, probably 3 weeks. The Diene/Bask story was the best story in the game so far, so I'm looking forward to it.

yado

Oct 25, 2017
This is their new year was expecting something bigger , but seems as poor as our new year event and have set the expectations in events for the rest of the year damn low (maybe except the anniversary of the game)

Lol I remember when they gave out those pathetic rewards for Christmas and people said wait for New year's, then when that was underwhelming it was wait for Lunar New year's...

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of gear, it does say something about the mechanics of RNG when some of the best gear still, to this date, is the one they've 'pre-generated' for me (arena shop, lab gold chests, abyss rewards, raid shop).

Nothing that the mechanics of the actual game produces has matched them on an even remotely consistent basis. And we're dealing with combined drops from Hunt (specifically built for gear/resources), crafting (built for gear creation), RNG labyrinth and Raid drops. I mean, that's A LOT of completely useless equipment.

Now I'm not necessarily saying it SHOULD all be equal since the shop items are rewards, but even somewhat would be nice considering how much of the game has actually been dedicated for gear generation.

(Or maybe I've just been incredibly unlucky in my drops all the time.)

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Speaking of gear, it does say something about the mechanics of RNG when some of the best gear still, to this date, is the one they've 'pre-generated' for me (arena shop, lab gold chests, abyss rewards, raid shop).

Nothing that the mechanics of the actual game produces has matched them on an even remotely consistent basis. And we're dealing with combined drops from Hunt (specifically built for gear/resources), crafting (built for gear creation), RNG labyrinth and Raid drops. I mean, that's A LOT of completely useless equipment.

Now I'm not necessarily saying it SHOULD all be equal since the shop items are rewards, but even somewhat would be nice considering how much of the game has actually been dedicated for gear generation.

(Or maybe I've just been incredibly unlucky in my drops all the time.)

If you ask them to be equal it's not going to go the way you want. New year necklace with two flat stats.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
I should've taken a snapshot of the red T6 speed necklace that dropped from a wyvern hunt - my first one in fact. I was so excited. Then I looked at it.

Flat main stat.

2 flat substats.

I just put the phone down and walked away.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Lol I remember when they gave out those pathetic rewards for Christmas and people said wait for New year's, then when that was underwhelming it was wait for Lunar New year's...

Christmas was poor too (forgot about that) :/ and yes people made this excuse to wait for their new year and here we are lol

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017

The reddit is a damn mess, this is hilarious. The Luna fans have hit their boiling point and while that is the least of this game's problems, it's kind of like the prime example of the underlying issue of SG seemingly being clueless or not completely direct about making changes or at least clearly addressing; everything is freaking vague with them.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Reward-wise, other than removing the gold transmit stone, side-story's have gotten a bit better. Sadly content-wise they haven't been great. Other than that most of the current problems are the same problems the games always had, it's just that after playing for a while they are more apparent as is the fact they haven't really been addressed.

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
So ive gotten my four main people to lvl 50 and still feel kinda weak. What steps should o be taking to easily get them to 60 and where is the best place to get the best gear?

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
So ive gotten my four main people to lvl 50 and still feel kinda weak. What steps should o be taking to easily get them to 60 and where is the best place to get the best gear?

You've basically hit the point where the games flaws come straight out at you with their ugly heads.

Gear wise you can do the hunts for drops, leveling up to 60 is even worse as its either a long monotonous process or you are waiting for opportunities to make it easier by scrounging around for higher level phantasms and other items.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

The most important thing to do is get all of the preset equipment from the first two labyrinths. The 'Uberid' and 'Sacred hero' kind of stuff. Get the pieces you use to +15 ASAP. This gear is so good that I am weeks past clearing the abyss and raid but I still use it on my Cidd. Keep in mind that the jump in stats (like speed on boots, attack% on ring) from a +14 to +15 is significant and well worth it.

The Abyss lifesteal sets are the other good source of 'easy' gear. Lifesteal might not seem as attractive as attack or crit but if the set gets at least average rolls, it'll probably be better than what you currently have.

Farming for a 60 seems insurmountable at first but if you just get into the habit of always bringing fodder units (phantasmas and 2* monsters) it'll happen eventually. My most frequent grinding spots are places with catalysts I want on World difficulty, like 2-2. I can clear that on auto with 1 character and 3 fodder plus a friend unit.

Status
Not open for further replies.