• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Heh. I kinda expected this post ;) How have you built him?

Some of his damage output scales with speed, but ultimately more attack seemed more useful to me, so he's 1 ATK/1 CRIT for me. Substats are mostly ATK and CRIT DMG too, but I think it wouldn't hurt to give him more speed overall instead.
Dust Devil basically turns him into a lawnmower, it's perfect. (Personally I use a maxed out Tonfas artifact to boost damage on the first S3 use. Mostly just because putting Dust Devil on Karin was even more fun.) If you pair him with a unit that increases dual attack chance (is that what it's called?) it's even better since his passive procs on dual attacks too.
I invested MolaGora in his S1 and S3 a bit, enough to reduce turn cooldown for his S3. I'd put some into his S2 if I wasn't starved for them, but as long as you kill something with S1 and S3 you're already golden.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Abyss 72 passed at last, after two weeks of frustration. But I had to cheese with Kyris to get over it, and even then it took me 5 attempts. Now, the Golem...

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
oof I've been behind on grinding out my units. been focusing too hard on getting Lorina skill change. Neglecting some teams i want to work on. Gonna do some of that today.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
The guild war stuff is not for me, I don't like it. The fact that I got absolutely destroyed by a team I expected to win against without much problems cemented it for me. Their Vildred attacked two times in a row, then ran his s3 and I was dead. I won the second round but man, I can't do anything now anymore.
I'll still participate but is the worst content so far for me. I wonder if the PVE guild stuff will be better.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
The guild war stuff is not for me, I don't like it. The fact that I got absolutely destroyed by a team I expected to win against without much problems cemented it for me. Their Vildred attacked two times in a row, then ran his s3 and I was dead. I won the second round but man, I can't do anything now anymore.
I'll still participate but is the worst content so far for me. I wonder if the PVE guild stuff will be better.
FWIW you can prevent losses on your attacking team by forfeiting before the attack animation completes. If you know you're not going to win anyway it's better to cut your losses and run (especially if you plan on taking on a hard target afterwards).

Nov 3, 2017
Need some advice on which 4* to upgrade to level 50.

Currently my team is Cmd Lorina, Falconer Kluri, Sez and Diene. The first three are level 60 and Diene is level 50

The three I'm thinking of upgrading to 50 all feature something missing in my current team, either healing or being able to tank fire types:
Lot
Angelica
Crimson Armin

Any advice on which you guys think would be the best to prioritise?

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Angelica. Because Wyvern.
Wyvern hunting is going to be your main source of gear, since the meta is all about speed. And for farming W11 and get those sweet, sweet lv85 rings and necklaces, the emerging go-to Dream Team is Angelica as healer/tank (with candle artifact), Diene, and either 2 strong dps with some defense break, or a strong blue dps (Kise, Luna or Mistychain as the poor man's choice) and Taranor Guard.

Oct 25, 2017
Ya know I really do like this game but, jesus, after not pulling a new 5* for nearly 3 weeks...I'm sick of my current crop of characters lol

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
You've basically hit the point where the games flaws come straight out at you with their ugly heads.

Gear wise you can do the hunts for drops, leveling up to 60 is even worse as its either a long monotonous process or you are waiting for opportunities to make it easier by scrounging around for higher level phantasms and other items.
The most important thing to do is get all of the preset equipment from the first two labyrinths. The 'Uberid' and 'Sacred hero' kind of stuff. Get the pieces you use to +15 ASAP. This gear is so good that I am weeks past clearing the abyss and raid but I still use it on my Cidd. Keep in mind that the jump in stats (like speed on boots, attack% on ring) from a +14 to +15 is significant and well worth it.

The Abyss lifesteal sets are the other good source of 'easy' gear. Lifesteal might not seem as attractive as attack or crit but if the set gets at least average rolls, it'll probably be better than what you currently have.

Farming for a 60 seems insurmountable at first but if you just get into the habit of always bringing fodder units (phantasmas and 2* monsters) it'll happen eventually. My most frequent grinding spots are places with catalysts I want on World difficulty, like 2-2. I can clear that on auto with 1 character and 3 fodder plus a friend unit.

Thanks guys, I kinda got stuck in story mode against Krau so this is the next step lol

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
FWIW you can prevent losses on your attacking team by forfeiting before the attack animation completes. If you know you're not going to win anyway it's better to cut your losses and run (especially if you plan on taking on a hard target afterwards).
Thanks for the tip, I had no idea. I'll make sure to try it next time.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
mpstvw2e01f21.jpg

IT WAS STRAZE ALL ALONG.
I NEED HIM. GIVE HIM TO ME.
(People speculate he'll be in the Dagger Sicar story and that he might be a unit soon.)

Good morning, time to find out how much Mystic Medals a crushing defeat nets!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up doing 44 pulls as I quite wanted that artifact. Sadly no Tammy nor artifact. I'll go to 50 and leave it there.

Edit: Well fuck me, saw the gold light and npc on my 50th pull...got a dupe Violet. Said fuck it and did one more pull, gold light and artifact NPC!...dupe Uberius Tooth. I'm happy to pull two five star things in a row but at the same time it feels like the banner trolled me.

Last edited:

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
Had 30 spare pulls for Tammy and ended up getting her and my 4th dust devil in 6 pulls. I wanted to try for the artifact but decided against it.

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
12 pulls and only get armin + that new *5 artifact. Overall i'm happy cause i really want armin for pve stuff.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Around 20 pulls so far...no Tammy but i did get the new 5* artifact twice.
Would be cool if it turns out to be useful on other non-Tammy Soul Weavers....will look into it this evening.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Burned a bunch of bookmarks, got Haste, Bloodstone artifact, and the Idol's Cheer artifact. I still have plenty of skystones, but I'm near the floor of being able to afford a limited so I'll stop for now.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Used about 250 bookmarks, which is around my limit as I only spend to the point where I can get back to the 121 pulls minimum within a week or so. Got...not much, my second dupe Armin and another Tagehel's Ancient Book were the only golds. The artifact at least was nice because now I only need one more to max uncap it. If I ever want to spend the 80 billion gold and artifact exp to max it I could start arena fights with 20 souls (if I brought a mage).

Anyways after that I did my free daily and out popped Yufine. Okay then. Didn't multiple people in this thread get her on the daily, like, a few days ago? Anyways, at one point she was my most wanted character and I definitely have a place for her dispel ability, but holy shit game I can't keep spending resources on greens. I have Destina, Cidd, Bellona, and Roozid at 60 with a Vildred I still haven't built yet. Meanwhile my only red 60 is Ravi.

I might work on Chloe next because the epic catalysts from this event should just about let me max awaken her. Also I saw a video of someone one-shotting Banshee 11 with Chloe and that was amazing.

Oct 25, 2017
I've farmed this damn catalyst for Hazel specialty change for so long and I still only have 4...this is going even worse than twisted fangs did for me...

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I've farmed this damn catalyst for Hazel specialty change for so long and I still only have 4...this is going even worse than twisted fangs did for me...

Which level are you farming at? Spend three days at 6-2 and 6-7, then 2-1 did the trick.

Meanwhile, I kept farming 2-1 for days until I killed enough brooms and now the new event is full of them. Curses.

Also, 8 pulls in a row with nothing but artifacts, is this a record? Got 2 4* artifacts I already have, but hey, that's a pretty high 4* rate for 8 pulls.
Clutching my 605 bookmarks left for a limited banner.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
Anyways after that I did my free daily and out popped Yufine. Okay then. Didn't multiple people in this thread get her on the daily, like, a few days ago?

Yup, I got her from the 4-5* summon ticket from daily check in event.

I did 20 pulls and got a Sigurd Scythe and the Idol artifact, which I guess I can't complain. Will try a few more as the event goes on but I think that's it, I'm not even sure if I want her and I'm pulling more for fun. I'll probably save the rest of my bookmarks/stones for the next events.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'm extremely covered on Soul Weavers, I was just rolling to roll. If anything I wanted to play around with the new artifact, but Wondrous Potion Vial and Shimadra Staff have me covered in most situations.

Oct 25, 2017
Which level are you farming at? Spend three days at 6-2 and 6-7, then 2-1 did the trick.

Meanwhile, I kept farming 2-1 for days until I killed enough brooms and now the new event is full of them. Curses.

Also, 8 pulls in a row with nothing but artifacts, is this a record? Got 2 4* artifacts I already have, but hey, that's a pretty high 4* rate for 8 pulls.
Clutching my 605 bookmarks left for a limited banner.
I've been farming 9-6

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017

So I've been putting off trying raids for whatever reason until just now, and this was the result of my first attempt. I brought Bellona, C. Lorina, F. Kluri, and Destina (all 6* except Destina).

The fights leading up to the boss were all super easy and the boss itself seemed OK, I just wasn't prepared for all the debuffs and stuns he threw at me. I had Destina equipped with the Celeste artifact, but I think Wondrous Potion Vial or Prophetic Candlestick would work better here.

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
Did some pulls (~30) and got some stuff!

I got a Violet within five pulls which is funny to me. Didn't really want him but I don't dislike him, so I'll take it. He's getting benched just like pretty much every dps I get from now on since I can't gear them.
Also got:
Zerato
Angelica (finally!)
Maya (dupe)
Rosa Hargana (also finally!)
Alexa's Basket
Moonlight Dreambalde
various other 4* artifacts

Also Tamarinne was the first story stuff I skipped through. Really don't like the idol archetype.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Around 20 pulls so far...no Tammy but i did get the new 5* artifact twice.
Would be cool if it turns out to be useful on other non-Tammy Soul Weavers....will look into it this evening.

Artifact is good. I switched it in on my Angelica for w11 and it's pretty great. My Kise attacks after every wyvern attack.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
Did some pulls (~30) and got some stuff!

I got a Violet within five pulls which is funny to me. Didn't really want him but I don't dislike him, so I'll take it. He's getting benched just like pretty much every dps I get from now on since I can't gear them.
Also got:
Zerato
Angelica (finally!)
Maya (dupe)
Rosa Hargana (also finally!)
Alexa's Basket
Moonlight Dreambalde
various other 4* artifacts

Also Tamarinne was the first story stuff I skipped through. Really don't like the idol archetype.

That's a pretty solid haul, congrats! I would love an Angelica

MonsterBoop

Oct 27, 2017
That's a pretty solid haul, congrats! I would love an Angelica
Thanks! It's a little funny to compare this haul (easily the most valuable one I've had) to the drought I had when I started the game. Took so long to get my first 5* hero after the selective summon!

Angelica has been my #1 most wanted since I learned how good she was in pretty much every game mode.

facepalm007

Oct 26, 2017
Did six pulls and got Purgis #2...yay...

Did another six pulls and got Kal'adra #2. No more pulls for me!!

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Just picked this up, ran through the first chapter and did my selective summon. Didn't really have a tier list to go off of, they seem to be pretty different all over the place but didn't get any of the big hitters that were common among them. Ended up with a Ken on one of my last few rolls, didn't know some of the 4*s were really coveted and passed on an Angelica and a couple others I've seen on lists.

Should I re-roll or just keep playing and eventually I'll catch up? I take it just finish the story and and hoard anything I get for now?

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
I pulled Angelica a few days ago but I have been using Doris and don't want to have to pay the exorbitant fee to strip her. The design for this game is so weird, I understand that they want to slow people down so they don't reach late game so quickly and get bored, but it seems crazy to me to design a gacha game where the most optimal way to play is not to pull any new characters. I now have over 11000 skystones just burning a hole in my pocket. I was hoping Tamarinne would be decent but she appears to be completely useless in PvP (which is probably the most consistent source of skystones for me) and relatively niche in PvE. Might pull if they change it so her S3 cooldown doesn't reset every wave, I sorta understand it resetting every battle for balance (even though she already has a poor hp pool + defense) but every wave just makes her very hard to see where she fits on the team.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just picked this up, ran through the first chapter and did my selective summon. Didn't really have a tier list to go off of, they seem to be pretty different all over the place but didn't get any of the big hitters that were common among them. Ended up with a Ken on one of my last few rolls, didn't know some of the 4*s were really coveted and passed on an Angelica and a couple others I've seen on lists.

Should I re-roll or just keep playing and eventually I'll catch up? I take it just finish the story and and hoard anything I get for now?

If I were you I would re-roll. I don't want to enrage the Ken fans but he is fairly average. Starting with a strong dps+decent healer makes a big difference to early progress.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Did a few more summons and got a Bloodstone artifact. Will take that, sure.

...still hoping to get Angelica one of these pulls. Would be nice.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

You'll end up with more units soon enough, just use friend units to power through story, some of them can solo a map on normal difficulty.
If you're not feeling Ken though, reroll. It's crucial that you enjoy building your units, and don't just roll for new ones out of pure despair, convinced you need them.

People build very solid teams from 3* too. But you should have some solid meat in the middle that you can commit to early. Otherwise you'll keep building someone new every time you get a new unit.

If you're up for it reroll for a unit you think looks fun at least.
I stuck with Vildred early on, and he's still in my team and 6* over a lot of better options. It's all about who you enjoy working with.
(And OP units are really fun!)

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
You'll end up with more units soon enough, just use friend units to power through story, some of them can solo a map on normal difficulty.
If you're not feeling Ken though, reroll. It's crucial that you enjoy building your units, and don't just roll for new ones out of pure despair, convinced you need them.

People build very solid teams from 3* too. But you should have some solid meat in the middle that you can commit to early. Otherwise you'll keep building someone new every time you get a new unit.

If you're up for it reroll for a unit you think looks fun at least.
I stuck with Vildred early on, and he's still in my team and 6* over a lot of better options. It's all about who you enjoy working with.
(And OP units are really fun!)

If I were you I would re-roll. I don't want to enrage the Ken fans but he is fairly average. Starting with a strong dps+decent healer makes a big difference to early progress.

Thanks, I'll give it another go. Not hard to blast through the 10 story missions on auto-battle. So focus on a healer and a damage dealer? Shame I think I had a couple decent rolls I skipped over because the Tier lists are so all over the place. Any recommended tier lists or units to target?

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
Thanks, I'll give it another go. Not hard to blast through the 10 story missions on auto-battle. So focus on a healer and a damage dealer? Shame I think I had a couple decent rolls I skipped over because the Tier lists are so all over the place. Any recommended tier lists or units to target?

Healers you probably want either Angelica, Destina, or Achates.

DDs you have a lot to choose from... Sez, Ravi, Cidd, Karin, Haste, Kisa, Vildred are just some. You will get many more viable DDs for free as you play the game

Keep in mind you can only get one 5* from the initial pull

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Apparently I got banned for some reason so I will be taking a break till support gets back to me.

Apologies to Overflow. Hopefully I will be back in a few days.

Nov 3, 2017
Got Tammarine or whatever her name was after about 25 pulls, which I think is the most I've done for a banner.

I'm increasingly convinced that my luck with female and male banners are completely polarised. I've gotten Cecilia, Dienne, Kise, Belona and Tammarine from their banners (Destina was the only one I failed to get), while I've been unable to get a single male character during their banner

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Have been stuck on Abyss Floor 65 for like two weeks but managed to finall.y beat it today. Thanks to my Overflow fellas for providing me with the Twisted Fangs so i could finally get -1CD on Lorina S3. The following two floors were much easier and cleared very safe with Destina on board.
Used the 50 booksmarks on the banner and didnt recieve anything too useful - well...im probably done with the banner for now.

More importantly - finished her today. Her Side Story was pretty cool and actually kinda relates to the new/Tammy Sidestory.

Wont really use her anytime soon though - lacking a 6* fire DPS that would really benefit from her. Well and also lack of Molas right now heh.

Artifact is good. I switched it in on my Angelica for w11 and it's pretty great. My Kise attacks after every wyvern attack.

Sounds great - just now managed to clear w10 but ill gotta prepare something for w11.
Im lacking a 6* water unit for the tank position that could survive long enough for me to get the hits in - so ill probably have to 6* Diene, Krau or Angelica next....whatever needed to clear w11.

What are the other two units on your w11 team ?
Got Tammarine or whatever her name was after about 25 pulls, which I think is the most I've done for a banner.

I'm increasingly convinced that my luck with female and male banners are completely polarised. I've gotten Cecilia, Dienne, Kise and Tammarine from their banners (Destina was the only one I failed to get), while I've been unable to get a single male character during their banner

Congrats - very nice.
Havent seen many pull her yet - i think only one person in our was lucky enough to pull her so far.
Apparently I got banned for some reason so I will be taking a break till support gets back to me.

Apologies to Overflow. Hopefully I will be back in a few days.

Weird...thats a bummer, hope you get that shit sorted out fast.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
Bought some blue level 85 speed set boots with attack % from the shop. Went to upgrade some gear and used all my whites/greens/blues for enhancing... oops.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Sounds great - just now managed to clear w10 but ill gotta prepare something for w11.
Im lacking a 6* water unit for the tank position that could survive long enough for me to get the hits in - so ill probably have to 6* Diene, Krau or Angelica next....whatever needed to clear w11.

What are the other two units on your w11 team?

Diene and guard. Guard is just there for the def break. I might switch Yuna for Diene. Diene is great for the buff, but I think a speed buff and more dps might be faster.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
My Angelica just pushed past the point where Water's Origin is only triggering on crits but not on basic attacks. It's the worst space to be in. I went from clearing W11 50/50 to maybe now 10/90. Need to farm some gold and get her past this hump, but man.

Edit: Nevermind. I just swapped Diene for a level 40 Aither and W11 is a joke now.

Last edited:

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
My Angelica just pushed past the point where Water's Origin is only triggering on crits but not on basic attacks. It's the worst space to be in. I went from clearing W11 50/50 to maybe now 10/90. Need to farm some gold and get her past this hump, but man.

Edit: Nevermind. I just swapped Diene for a level 40 Aither and W11 is a joke now.

What's the difference? Should I use Aither?!

Status
Not open for further replies.