• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pulled Kitty Clarissa this morning.

Can't wait to never use her because molagoras~

Honestly, I feel this is a bit extreme. My Kise had 0 skillups for the longest time and I was using her everywhere. Even now, she only has +3. My Kluri is +3. Cidd +4. Krau is 0. Lorina is at 3. Axe is at 4. All very usable, even in hell mode. Folks are going crazy with Molas but it's really not as necessary as everyone makes it out to be.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel like getting them to +3 (or whatever the -1 turn level is) is fairly necessary and that generally takes at least two weeks (1 molo for lvl 1, 2 for lvl 2, 3 for lvl 3, for a full two weeks worth of molas).

Assuming you're looking at just four characters that's two months, just to get them all their -1 turn. Well admittedly probably a bit less as you will get some from logins and events. But it still is very slow.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I feel like getting them to +3 (or whatever the -1 turn level is) is fairly necessary and that generally takes at least two weeks (1 molo for lvl 1, 2 for lvl 2, 3 for lvl 3, for a full two weeks worth of molas).

Assuming you're looking at just four characters that's two months, just to get them all their -1 turn. Well admittedly probably a bit less as you will get some from logins and events. But it still is very slow.

But the characters are still usable is my point. The content in this game does not require that much min maxing or precision where 4 turns on a skill makes something doable that is impossible if it was 5 turns.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can't seem to make that Wyvern 9 Auto a reality. Currently trying:

Angelica (50) w/ Prophetic Candlestick (Leader)
Sigret (50) w/ Hell Cutter
Diene (60) w/ Wondrous Potion
Karin (50) w/ Daydream Joker (only 87% crit because every equipment upgrade avoided +crit chance like it was the plague)

Other than level/skill/gear increases I wonder should I switch up the line-up? Maybe run Clarissa or Taranor Guard instead of Karin?

But the characters are still usable is my point. The content in this game does not require that much min maxing or precision where 4 turns on a skill makes something doable that is impossible if it was 5 turns.

Yeah you're probably right, I just have a mental hang-up about using characters without the cooldown. Being able to fully skill units up would be nice, you're often looking at a 50% increase in skill damage.

Last edited:

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
FWIW, this is a lie.

Raid and hunt 11 wins absolutely turn on whether or not you have those skill ups. It's either that or just overpowering things with gear, and if you're overpowering things with gear you're already beyond the point where you need to farm anything.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
And I got Tam. How well does she review?

She's garbage. I have her, I want her to be good or at least decent so bad, but I can't deny she's trash. I haven't had a battle outside of her story quest where I can even get a chance to use her idol mode. I'm even imagining even if I do have a chance to use her idol mode, the fight would be close to over and it would be useless anyways. At least I got her in 6 pulls, I'd be livid because all the horror stories on reddit about spending 2000+ bookmarks and getting her than to find out she's trash.

LowParry

Oct 26, 2017
She's garbage. I have her, I want her to be good or at least decent so bad, but I can't deny she's trash. I haven't had a battle outside of her story quest where I can even get a chance to use her idol mode. I'm even imagining even if I do have a chance to use her idol mode, the fight would be close to over and it would be useless anyways. At least I got her in 6 pulls, I'd be livid because all the horror stories on reddit about spending 2000+ bookmarks and getting her only to find out she's trash.

Oooof that sounds bad. I read that her ult take 8 turns? Thats way too long. Eh, I'll level her at some point but I did get her artifact as well.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Oooof that sounds bad. I read that her ult take 8 turns? Thats way too long. Eh, I'll level her at some point but I did get her artifact as well.
Technically its 4 turns since her skill 1 and skill 2 both decrease ult cooldown by an additional turn, so her ult is -2 per turn instead of -1.

I couldn't get her (but will likely pull more after I see what the Valentine char can do), and I think she's one of the characters thats secretly OP after you invest a ton of resources into her. 50% team CR boost is just silly good, and you use it twice in idol form. Like Diene gets 2 turns in sucession pretty quickly when you use her S3, so this is the same but with the whole party.

Plus I think they may buff her ult to be like Dark Corvus where the cool down on resets at the start of the stage, but that might make her a little too good.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
FWIW, this is a lie.

Raid and hunt 11 wins absolutely turn on whether or not you have those skill ups. It's either that or just overpowering things with gear, and if you're overpowering things with gear you're already beyond the point where you need to farm anything.

My dps team for wyvern 11 has 0 skill ups total on any used skill. There are a bunch of videos on Reddit of people beating hunt 11s with teams with few or no skillups. The ability of gear to lessen the need for skill ups is my entire point! You don't need skillups. I don't know why you think that if you can beat 11 hunts then you don't need to farm. That makes no sense. You don't need perfect gear on all your characters for hunts, and you still need to gear out the rest of your characters.

But whatever, you can believe that me, and all the others who post videos on completed runs are lying. :)

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
My dps team for wyvern 11 has 0 skill ups total on any used skill. There are a bunch of videos on Reddit of people beating hunt 11s with teams with few or no skillups. The ability of gear to lessen the need for skill ups is my entire point! You don't need skillups. I don't know why you think that if you can beat 11 hunts then you don't need to farm. That makes no sense. You don't need perfect gear on all your characters for hunts, and you still need to gear out the rest of your characters.

But whatever, you can believe that me, and all the others who post videos on completed runs are lying. :)
Well, yeah, because you have to have a very specific setup to beat these fights without that power. I don't have that setup, and so I have to compensate with brute force. That means upping my numbers with whatever the hell I can get my hands on.

I can say for damn sure that trying to use Angelica for tanking Wyvern 11 without having points in her heals is not working out for me. The numbers just aren't high enough. It's obnoxious as hell being unable to do this shit at all just because I don't have the exact kind of setup that's built for only the one, SINGULAR purpose of fighting wyvern 11.

So I'm putting effort into just raising my numbers. Because that's all I can fucking do. There are no alternatives.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The chat feature is a bit shit. You can't copy and paste/autocorrect and infuriatingly "I'd" is a banned word.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
I think there are a couple of artificial gates in this game that purposefully pace your progress no matter how 'agressive' you are in playing it. And I'm probably wrong but nevertheless...
  1. Gear drops - Got a red or a purple from hunt/abyss/crafting? Great! But that just means you now have 4-5 RNG stats with almost (if not just) as high odds of flat values as with a blue/grey one. Got lucky and a solid one dropped? See below.

2. Gear levels - You need charms. You can use trash equipment to get a few in, but it gets obnoxiously expensive after a point, and unless you're swimming in gold, you're going to need charms. There's only so many the game reliably gives you and only so many you can buy in a day (arena/lab access/missions gated to a set amount per day/week).

3. Gold - Even if you have both a good piece of gear and enough charms to level it up, you're going to need gold. For an 85 piece, we're talking over a million gold. Times that by 6, times that by your team and anything outside of it. We're talking a lot of it. And this game is NOT generous with its gold (because inflation fears).

4. Molagoras - You're getting only as few as they want you to get per week for free (hint: not nearly enough).
The sense of 'reward' Epic 7 gives you in the end game drops off a cliff pretty hard. We're talking serious grind for very little pay off. You will definitely want to slow down, pace yourself, and become more deliberate about your goals in order to get that feeling of achievement. If you try and force the progress to be faster than the game wants it to be, it will leave you without resources fast, because they want your money, period.

Also, the chat feature is obnoxious. It just feels like another way for the game to announce 5* pulls without being able to turn them off - especially since you start off in a random channel, and not guild chat.

And that's my Sunday Soapbox moment. How about that Tamarinne, though!

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Well, yeah, because you have to have a very specific setup to beat these fights without that power. I don't have that setup, and so I have to compensate with brute force. That means upping my numbers with whatever the hell I can get my hands on.

I can say for damn sure that trying to use Angelica for tanking Wyvern 11 without having points in her heals is not working out for me. The numbers just aren't high enough. It's obnoxious as hell being unable to do this shit at all just because I don't have the exact kind of setup that's built for only the one, SINGULAR purpose of fighting wyvern 11.

So I'm putting effort into just raising my numbers. Because that's all I can fucking do. There are no alternatives.

You should check out the Reddit posts people make for this boss. You definitely do need a strong tank, but you have options from any ice tank. Angelica isn't needed. People are beating it with just an Aither as the healer. I've seen Crozet tanks, bask tanks, etc. And one one of the best dps for this fight is Alexa. None of these require skill ups.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is it more expensive to upgrade with trash then with charms? I'd thought that the gold cost was based on the amount of experience added rather than the number of items e.g. if I throw on five charms the gold cost is a lot higher than five trash pieces

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Hope you guys are holding your head up high! As you know, I quit a while ago. I kept on doing my daily logins regardless, and finally pulled my first 4*+ ML summon in Challenger Dominiel. A great pull I know, just sadly too late.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it more expensive to upgrade with trash then with charms? I'd thought that the gold cost was based on the amount of experience added rather than the number of items e.g. if I throw on five charms the gold cost is a lot higher than five trash pieces

Charms are better. Used to be the same but changed in a patch to lower charm costs.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017

It is cheaper to upgrade with charms. The basic ones gives you 1500 EXP for about 15k gold, while random grey gear will be anywhere from 200 to 500 EXP, for 6k to 9-10k gold?

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Got a 5* in the free summons today. This would be my 2nd ever 5* unit since I stopped with Destina in the rerolls.

It was another Destina. I'm so salty right now.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Hey ERA,

Kusoge is looking for one player to bolster our ranks for upcoming Guild Wars and Guild PVE battle. So far we have won all of our Wars and we plan to continue this positive trend.

unknown.png

We are looking for someone who is actively playing the game, around level 55-60 and a roster of 6 or more Units with around 220-250k CP in GW defense and offense. Activity in the E7 ERA discord is highly desirable for guild activities and we love to flame talk about the game.

If you are interested in joining pm Sabin, N (aka Neki), Laiza or Kiria on the E7 ERA Discord server.

Seri

Oct 30, 2017
Is it just me, or does this new Tamarine event seem to take a lot longer to get all the mats from? Maybe this is just a me problem because i can only really play for a couple hours a day

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Is it just me, or does this new Tamarine event seem to take a lot longer to get all the mats from? Maybe this is just a me problem because i can only really play for a couple hours a day

The amounts needed are the same as the previous event. You probably get this impression because quantities for some of the things in the store was tripled a few patchs ago, due to player's complaints that catalysts were too hard to farm.

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
The amounts needed are the same as the previous event. You probably get this impression because quantities for some of the things in the store was tripled a few patchs ago, due to player's complaints that catalysts were too hard to farm.

Yea not going to complain. These events are an efficient way to collect the rarer catalysts drops at a reasonable time and energy cost.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Sure, tought it is still an half-assed answer to the issue. Right now I need 10 Twisted Fangs, and using 400+ stamina on 8-S2 (said to be the best farming spot for this) has dropped exactly one.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
It is cheaper to upgrade with charms. The basic ones gives you 1500 EXP for about 15k gold, while random grey gear will be anywhere from 200 to 500 EXP, for 6k to 9-10k gold?

You still have to spend gold to buy the charms though, especially the higher level non-labyrinth coin ones. I think they are more expensive than trash if you take that gold into account, still its a lot of xp.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just realised today it's probably a waste to setup your most powerful guild member in the stronghold. As it seems to take two attacks per tower it's unlikely to be attacked and if it does you're fucked anyway. Same goes for the core buildings in the three fortresses. Next guild war going to try switching things up. Though speaking of guild war, we're almost certainly losing the current one. Nearly the entirety of the enemy guild is 6*60.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Reading more stories about people getting their account banned for apparently no reason - kinda messed up if true. Wonder why and how stuff like this happens.

I went and focused on being able to beat wyvern after being stuck grinding wyvern 8, Invested heavily in Kise and Ken, added Fluri to the team as many have instead of trying to land two debuffs. Had to level gear up to 15 for some pieces, drop Ken's counter set to get his hp higher to tank the fire. But I can auto 9 regularly and just did wyvern 10 manually but got lucky Fluri wasn't targeted. I don't have some of the characters I want/need for raid, namely Angelica for immunity, and all my pvp options are newly acquired units with no gear or MolaGora, so I just went with what I could do for now while I wait for changes.

I assume they will eventually free up resources but they are way late to the obvious.

Yeah, its easier to manage if you can work toward smaller goals and keep you occupied. I feel like i was at that point 1-2 weeks ago and worked towards those target now im against a big ass roadblock for every more substantial upgrade. Weird thing is that many of the free or easier to obtainable units in this game are so good that once you have worked on them - unless you can max out the gacha/newer units it rarely makes sense. So you end up with a bunch of units that should be good on paper but working on them would take more time than its worth the effort.

I pulled hard for Kise and got her - but ive yet to 60 her or invest Molas in her because in term of essential units other characters still made more sense. Same for Violet - its weird and i hope down the line it gets a bit easier/faster to get a unit battle ready. On some level its a weird complaint since them buffing units via Specialty Change is actually great for f2p like most of us - just the pool of viable options growing while we still need ages to skill up and evolve units is counterpro

I'm almost there and thinking about getting rid of my account that has good pulls on it, the way gear is handled in this game is terrible. I'm actually hoping they nerf some characters, increase the output of Molagora acquisition, or have some implementation of a recall as an option. Used some Molagora on characters I shouldn't have at the start due to refusing to read guides at first. I have Judge Kise, MA Ken, Violet, Ludwig, Ruelle, and some others I want to use but now I'm getting pretty bored of the gameplay loop to get them there.
I fell ya - would love to reset some units as well and get my Molas back lol.
But you have some good units...so you should stick around for a little bit longer and see what the next weeks will bring in terms of changes.
Just realised today it's probably a waste to setup your most powerful guild member in the stronghold. As it seems to take two attacks per tower it's unlikely to be attacked and if it does you're fucked anyway. Same goes for the core buildings in the three fortresses. Next guild war going to try switching things up. Though speaking of guild war, we're almost certainly losing the current one. Nearly the entirety of the enemy guild is 6*60.

Thats actually a good point. Enemies rarely make it to the stronghold considering how many wins and destroyed towers it takes.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
To be honest, a lot of the complaints against epic seven would be eased / stopped entirely if they would just get rid of the gear change cost.

1. It lets people play with the nice shiny unit they just got. Leveling to 50 is fairly fast, so all a unit needs to be passable after that is a full set of gear. Without decent gear, its pretty hard to tell the usability of a unit. I'm sure we all have units sitting on the sideline just because we don't have gear for them. Right now the gold cost is brutal, so you don't even test them much. As for claims that you just need 4 gear sets and you are done, different characters need different substats, like Lorina doesn't need effectiveness, but someone like Surin loves it, so you still need multiple sets to be optimal. Plus with gear RNG the way it is, you won't get perfect rolls anytime soon.
  2. You can tweak your teams much better. Like I'm pretty sure I can do wyvern 9, but it involves shifting gear around half my team to do so. Maybe its worth it, but maybe I'll end up discovering that my theorycrafted comp just doesn't work, and I have to put it all back so I can keep doing Abyss. Same for PVP. My Cidd is too fast right now and is going ahead of my buffers. Trying to line up a team is kind of hard when you have to judge speed so carefully.
  3. Most importantly, it's not much work for them. 0 cost gear change is already in the game. It hasn't broken it, and players were really happy with it when it happened.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Still no 6* unit. The grind is horrendous, but I should get there today or tomorrow. I am not focusing 100% on that because there is much else to do which always brings me back to the game. Still really enjoying it overall.

okita

Oct 25, 2017

We are in a similar situation in the guild wars, we won the previous four , but this one I think we will lose , it's expected we hit top 100, the higher you climb harder it becomes

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
Hi all! I'm kinda new to the game (rank 39 after a month or so of playing and some pack-whaling for covs/gems) and currently have a primary team of Ravi, Violet, Angelica, and green Armin all at 5 stars, 4th awakening. Also I somehow pulled Tama's artifact and then Tama herself in successive pulls after 20-30 pulls. Is Ravi the best choice to 6 star first?

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
What's going on in the E7 subreddit? Their victim complex is in full effect. Guess that place is officially off the rails.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
What's going on in the E7 subreddit? Their victim complex is in full effect. Guess that place is officially off the rails.
This game has the worst subreddit for a game I've ever seen. It's absolutely insane.

There are a lot of issues. No one is denying that. And their silence on a lot of them isn't helping. But a dude literally thought his skystone-paying-volunteer-work was going to change the game.

The community surrounding this game is so, so bad.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
This game has the worst subreddit for a game I've ever seen. It's absolutely insane.

There are a lot of issues. No one is denying that. And their silence on a lot of them isn't helping. But a dude literally thought his skystone-paying-volunteer-work was going to change the game.

I cannot comprehend community managers that think they are active members of the development team. 'Turns out I am just there to report bugs and they only care about money!' I am sorry, what?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I cannot comprehend community managers that think they are active members of the development team. 'Turns out I am just there to report bugs and they only care about money!' I am sorry, what?
lol

they really thought they would have mayor impact on the business decisions of a mulit million dollar company...lawl.
Shit like this is ridiculous - especially since they dont have the access to most of the data those decisions are based on. They could give two shits about the vocal minority complaining on reddit when the whales keep spending money on the game like crazy and the download numbers are steady.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Usually i don't go to reddit went there to check, but man I feel sorry for the guy, so naive, was being used and didn't even knew and this just for 900 skystones every 2 weeks (or something like that)

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Hi all! I'm kinda new to the game (rank 39 after a month or so of playing and some pack-whaling for covs/gems) and currently have a primary team of Ravi, Violet, Angelica, and green Armin all at 5 stars, 4th awakening. Also I somehow pulled Tama's artifact and then Tama herself in successive pulls after 20-30 pulls. Is Ravi the best choice to 6 star first?
Ravi is a great choice for first 6*; she was my first 6* dps and I used her throughout abyss, she's great for farming world/side stories with fodder, and I still have her on my team for every raid boss.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
The person does seem a bit naive if they actually thought smilegate would do drastic changes based on the feedback. To be honest I never saw that programme before(don't visit the reddit much) so if anything I'm kind of surprised it exists more than I'm surprised smilegate didn't do anything about the feedback in the end, lol.

That all said, as my tone may suggest, I'm not giving Smilegate much of a pass either. They've been pretty awful at communicating and don't really seem to be solving the problems people have. It's no wonder the reddit always seems to be full of complaints.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

Very valid point. I'll try this too next Guild War.

My job is in full crazy mode at the moment, so I can't do much but my dailies and log in every now and then. I even worked on sundays.
If you're interested in my 16 hour long rant on why working in localization makes you the most bitter person in the universe, please up the char limit in guild chat. Thanks. (CHARACTER LIMITS CAN GO SUCK A BIG ONE BY THE WAY ALWAYS AND FOREVER.)

Also, is there a filter that hides the guild requests, 5* equipment enhancements and lucky pulls in chat?

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017

I think I read that post, I didnt interpret it that way. It was late and I skimmed it but it sounded like he wanted to be a channel between the community and the dev team (which is reasonable) and he basically was just a community whipping boy for the games F-ups which there are a lot of.

Edit: So I'm guessing they ideally want guys who act more like the youtube people who showcase the game who oddly seem to act like everything is fine.

Last edited:

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
It seem my motley crew in Arena is holding up aginst people in the 2k-3k point range...gives me hope I can acutally make it up there!

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Reading more stories about people getting their account banned for apparently no reason - kinda messed up if true. Wonder why and how stuff like this happens.

Always very skeptical of these kinds of posts. More often than not the person knows they did something sketchy and doesn't want to own up to it. For example, it's well known that they will ban you for using emulator macros. Even for benign functions like auto-repeating quests. While I don't agree with that, I certainly know they will do it, so if I go and use a Nox macro then get banned I'm not gonna complain about it.

Not saying that's what this is, or that nobody has been unfairly banned, but still more often than not the person actually does know why they are banned.

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
Ravi is a great choice for first 6*; she was my first 6* dps and I used her throughout abyss, she's great for farming world/side stories with fodder, and I still have her on my team for every raid boss.

Thanks for the info!

Oh yeah is any guild looking for a member? I just dinged rank 40 and my team is at 76,651 CP.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017

This game's community is trash. I've never seen such whiners.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I think there are a couple of artificial gates in this game that purposefully pace your progress no matter how 'agressive' you are in playing it. And I'm probably wrong but nevertheless...
  1. Gear drops - Got a red or a purple from hunt/abyss/crafting? Great! But that just means you now have 4-5 RNG stats with almost (if not just) as high odds of flat values as with a blue/grey one. Got lucky and a solid one dropped? See below.

2. Gear levels - You need charms. You can use trash equipment to get a few in, but it gets obnoxiously expensive after a point, and unless you're swimming in gold, you're going to need charms. There's only so many the game reliably gives you and only so many you can buy in a day (arena/lab access/missions gated to a set amount per day/week).

3. Gold - Even if you have both a good piece of gear and enough charms to level it up, you're going to need gold. For an 85 piece, we're talking over a million gold. Times that by 6, times that by your team and anything outside of it. We're talking a lot of it. And this game is NOT generous with its gold (because inflation fears).

4. Molagoras - You're getting only as few as they want you to get per week for free (hint: not nearly enough).
The sense of 'reward' Epic 7 gives you in the end game drops off a cliff pretty hard. We're talking serious grind for very little pay off. You will definitely want to slow down, pace yourself, and become more deliberate about your goals in order to get that feeling of achievement. If you try and force the progress to be faster than the game wants it to be, it will leave you without resources fast, because they want your money, period.

Also, the chat feature is obnoxious. It just feels like another way for the game to announce 5* pulls without being able to turn them off - especially since you start off in a random channel, and not guild chat.

And that's my Sunday Soapbox moment. How about that Tamarinne, though!
If you want to play for free those ames are almost always a long time investment. Try to force anything and you will be burned out quickly and left frustrated. Just enjoy it for what it is or pay some money to advance faster. Just thinking about doing another 6* grind makes me a bit sick, lol. But just doing the other stuff the game offers and working on fodder on the side works really well for me. This might not be an efficient way to play these games, but it is more fun for me.

Status
Not open for further replies.