• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ByteCulture

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Whats the best way to get level 60 characters?

Just farming trash mobs and level them up? It seems like everyone is just raising 60 like nothing and i struggle with the second one.

Yari

Oct 25, 2017
Whats the best way to get level 60 characters?

Just farming trash mobs and level them up? It seems like everyone is just raising 60 like nothing and i struggle with the second one.
Nah it takes a very long time for all of us. But I like to keep some reserve in case I get a new unit I really like. Its indeed just like you said, try having a fodder around whenever you can so exp does not go to waste. But its definitely time consuming.

ByteCulture

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Nah it takes a very long time for all of us. But I like to keep some reserve in case I get a new unit I really like. Its indeed just like you said, try having a fodder around whenever you can so exp does not go to waste. But its definitely time consuming.

Jeah i run a mission 8.4 because i need to farm stuff for MA Ken anyway. I always take 3 fodder with me and raise them up

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Finally got past Wyvern 9 today, swapped out half my team (Destina -> Angelica, Lorina -> Taranor guard). Not bad for 3 level 50s. Hopefully getting them to 6 star will let me do 10 and 11.

For Wyvern 11, do you need 3 debuffs or 2 to benefit from the reduced attack? Does the reduced attack even matter with a good tank?

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
For Wyvern 11 - Every video that I've seen has pretty much relied on a heavy tank at the front lines, since the Wyvern only attacks that unit, and a healer to keep the tank's health up through those three-at-a-time attack rounds. With Angelica, you're already ahead of the game.

You'll also want an armor breaker (your Taranor Guard), and a heavy DPS unit to make sure you break through the barrier post haste.

And all blue team preferably.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
For tanking, Crauzet seem to be the BIS choice. His stats at lv60 are competitive with Krau, he has an attack decrease with his S1, and his shield is triggered without needing to spend a turn. His S3 is useless, but for W11, it is preferable to not let him use it.
Ideal healer is Angelica, but for those like me who don't have her, Aither and Montmorancy are apparently enough to do the job with some speed gear.
The other two slots are more flexible, From Taranor Guard + Alexa as the poor man's option to Karin + Kise.

Golem 11 seem to be more strict on the gear and character requirements.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Man this game has its hooks in me, great recommendations from everyone that pointed it to me in the Gacha thread I started on the Gaming side.

So I haven't spent many resources, just been trying to keep my head above water with the units I have to beat the story mode. I don't have the greatest team, all my free rolls yielded me a lot of 4* and 5* artifacts but unfortunately the only 4* units I've rolled were more Soul Weavers (Rin & Angelica). So I'm pushing forward with a team of Destina (5*)/Azalea (4*) /Nemunas (4*) /Ras (4*) and am on Chapter 9. At this point I've started to rely on the NPC or friend supports as Nemunas gets taken out pretty quickly and enemies are above level 40. I've been throwing extra gear I find into enhancing my current gear and doing some awakening to stay afloat for now.

Which direction do I head in now? I don't want to 5* any of my 4* as they don't seem to be end game favorites. So I think I'm going to get out-leveled fairly quickly. Or should I 5* at least Ras? Should I go back and farm a Silk and work her up? What is the summoning that unlocks after 10-10? I've summoned enough to have two of those 20 summon stones. I did pick up a Kiris which I could level up instead of Nemunas.

Also am I correct in assuming Phantasma's are the preferred way to promote characters? I've been promoting the 2* Phantasma's into 3*s using fodder that drops in missions. I guess you do this all the way up until you have 3 4* phantasmas to promote a character to 5*?

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
If you want to play for free those ames are almost always a long time investment. Try to force anything and you will be burned out quickly and left frustrated. Just enjoy it for what it is or pay some money to advance faster. Just thinking about doing another 6* grind makes me a bit sick, lol. But just doing the other stuff the game offers and working on fodder on the side works really well for me. This might not be an efficient way to play these games, but it is more fun for me.

That's you though, I personally don't find it fun to take a single character through a stage over and over while leveling fodder.

All that time should be more time taking a fully or theory crafted team through content.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
There seriously better be a state of the game tomorrow or I really think I'm done. I can't take how much RNG is in this game in all aspects.

Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt mind a lot of the RNG so bad if I had a bigger pool of characters I could be working with. Barely closing in on a 3rd 6*s isnt exactly exciting.

It baffles me how much a gacha game disincentivizes pulling by making it absurd to try and build characters.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
For tanking, Crauzet seem to be the BIS choice. His stats at lv60 are competitive with Krau, he has an attack decrease with his S1, and his shield is triggered without needing to spend a turn. His S3 is useless, but for W11, it is preferable to not let him use it.
Ideal healer is Angelica, but for those like me who don't have her, Aither and Montmorancy are apparently enough to do the job with some speed gear.
The other two slots are more flexible, From Taranor Guard + Alexa as the poor man's option to Karin + Kise.

I knew having all those Crozet dupes would come in handy one day. Here we are! Not looking forward to 6* the guy, though. Still... I guess he'll serve a very important, if singular, purpose. And even though I have an unraised Karin, I'll go with Taranor Guard, since he feels a little easier to work with atm, along with Mont since she's hopefully getting a specialty quest in the future.

There seriously better be a state of the game tomorrow or I really think I'm done. I can't take how much RNG is in this game in all aspects.

Once again, I have high hopes for the patch. Every time. Hoping they do some solid adjustments! NOT looking forward to everyone scream about Luna again, though.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
That's you though, I personally don't find it fun to take a single character through a stage over and over while leveling fodder.

All that time should be more time taking a fully or theory crafted team through content.
You can combine it with the dailies, weeklies, challenges, hunts, etc. I mean it's still grindy, but that's what these games are: Grinders. If you want more meaty, less grindy but similar expierences maybe look for singleplayer games like Darkest Dungeon, Etrian Odyssey etc.

Oct 25, 2017
You can combine it with the dailies, weeklies, challenges, hunts, etc. I mean it's still grindy, but that's what these games are: Grinders. If you want more meaty, less grindy but similar expierences maybe look for singleplayer games like Darkest Dungeon, Etrian Odyssey etc.
My main two Gacha are fire emblem heroes and Star Ocean Anamnesis, this grind is foreign as hell to me.
Once again, I have high hopes for the patch. Every time. Hoping they do some solid adjustments! NOT looking forward to everyone scream about Luna again, though.
wheres Luna though?

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
For Wyvern 11 - Every video that I've seen has pretty much relied on a heavy tank at the front lines, since the Wyvern only attacks that unit, and a healer to keep the tank's health up through those three-at-a-time attack rounds. With Angelica, you're already ahead of the game.

You'll also want an armor breaker (your Taranor Guard), and a heavy DPS unit to make sure you break through the barrier post haste.

And all blue team preferably.

Yeah I got Angelica from the recent 4-5* ticket. Since I already have Bask leveled, seems like he would be a decent tank?. Or I could go duo healer with Diene. Not sure if Sez counts as heavy DPS haha, but I'll stick with him until its clear that he can't cut it. It would be a while anyway since I have to go thru Wyvern 10 and upgrade my gear a lot

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

If you don't like the RNG, then I don't think any update is going to fix this for you. I do have to say that hunt 11 has been a boon to my gear. I've picked up some really good stuff while pre-patch, hunts were a waste of energy for me. I don't even look at the shop for accessories anymore.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
If you don't like the RNG, then I don't think any update is going to fix this for you. I do have to say that hunt 11 has been a boon to my gear. I've picked up some really good stuff while pre-patch, hunts were a waste of energy for me. I don't even look at the shop for accessories anymore.
I've been running W11 pretty much non-stop since the update.

Zero pieces. And I'm not even picky. I'll take 85 gear right side with 3 flats and an off-set or 70+ left side gear with 2 substats that aren't trash. That's how desperate I am for gear.

SkyOdin

Apr 21, 2018
Man this game has its hooks in me, great recommendations from everyone that pointed it to me in the Gacha thread I started on the Gaming side.

So I haven't spent many resources, just been trying to keep my head above water with the units I have to beat the story mode. I don't have the greatest team, all my free rolls yielded me a lot of 4* and 5* artifacts but unfortunately the only 4* units I've rolled were more Soul Weavers (Rin & Angelica). So I'm pushing forward with a team of Destina (5*)/Azalea (4*) /Nemunas (4*) /Ras (4*) and am on Chapter 9. At this point I've started to rely on the NPC or friend supports as Nemunas gets taken out pretty quickly and enemies are above level 40. I've been throwing extra gear I find into enhancing my current gear and doing some awakening to stay afloat for now.

Which direction do I head in now? I don't want to 5* any of my 4* as they don't seem to be end game favorites. So I think I'm going to get out-leveled fairly quickly. Or should I 5* at least Ras? Should I go back and farm a Silk and work her up? What is the summoning that unlocks after 10-10? I've summoned enough to have two of those 20 summon stones. I did pick up a Kiris which I could level up instead of Nemunas.

Also am I correct in assuming Phantasma's are the preferred way to promote characters? I've been promoting the 2* Phantasma's into 3*s using fodder that drops in missions. I guess you do this all the way up until you have 3 4* phantasmas to promote a character to 5*?
I wouldn't hold back on promoting people to 5*. It actually isn't too hard to get four 4* phantasmas. There are various methods to get Giga Phantasmas, which you just need to feed three 3* Mega phantasmas in order to promote. Leveling Mega Phantasmas to level 30 just takes a few penguins too. Leveling two Mega Phantasmas to 30 in a week gives you a free Giga Phantasma, which is 3/4ths of what you need to promote someone to 5*.

Leveling units to 6* is the real struggle. You only want to promote your best to 6*. Before that though, it doesn't hurt to have a reasonable base of 5* units. As a FTP player playing daily but casually, I have one 6* unit and sixteen 5* heroes.

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
I really don't know why some people insist on getting hyped on the patches: we'll get that Valentines event and that will mostly be it!
Stop wishing for the moon each and every week, there will never be ONE big patch addressing all the problems the players can have about the game, it will all be diluted in some minor tweaks along the road.
If you're bored about the game stop right now, and come back in a few months to see how it will have evolved. :)

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I don't expect this patch to be anything big.

I do half-expect a state of the game post with upcoming plans. We're right before the end of the arena system. They've said the next story continent is soon. The community has become more and more vocal. It's time for another 'this is what we have planned' post.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I've been running W11 pretty much non-stop since the update.

Zero pieces. And I'm not even picky. I'll take 85 gear right side with 3 flats and an off-set or 70+ left side gear with 2 substats that aren't trash. That's how desperate I am for gear.

Man, RNG really does hate you. :(

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I've applied to EpicReset, my ingame name is the same as here

Nice , welcome to the guild, If you want participate the war tomorrow don't forget to set your defense team , offense team too but I don't know if it's necessary, you can change during the war

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thinking about team building a resource that broke characters down by skill-set/role would be handy e.g. these characters have defence break, these characters can manipulate CR and so on.

Interesting what kind of comps are used for Golem 11?

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
Thinking about team building a resource that broke characters down by skill-set/role would be handy e.g. these characters have defence break, these characters can manipulate CR and so on.

Interesting what kind of comps are used for Golem 11?

I'm currently using:

Tamarinne, Iseria, C.Dominiel and either Ken or Arbiter Vildred (this spot is the less important actually).
I favor Arbiter Vildred for the -15% CR reduction to make the run easier by slowing the treeman healer. Any hero that can stun, CR reduce, silence or no heal debuff can work in this spot.

Turn1:
A.Vildred attacks the treeman.
Iseria resets Tamarinne's CDs and def breaks + target the Golem.
Tamarinne becomes an Idol and does S2, CR boosting and Attack up everyone.
C.Dominiel soulburns S1 on the boss, this usually takes about half of more of his life.

Turn2:
A.Vildred keeps harassing the treeman
Iseria attacks the Golem
Tamarinne attacks the Golem with S1, triggering another C.Domi S1
C.Domi does another single hit.

This usually ends the fight.

I recorded a video with KEN some days ago:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w_mXMq3YHDw

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
For Golem 11, teams seem to mostly build about not hitting the golem too much, but hitting hard when you do.
Mascot Hazel is the go-to healer for her buff. FKluri is there for debuffing the golem without causing a counterstrike. Add a big red dps, Haste, Serila, Surin or whatever, just about any will do, as long as this dps is north of 65k CP.
In the last slot, I've seen healers or other dps.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Got my first 6* yesterday: Sigret. Put that Abyss Gear on her with life leech. Her CP went down a few thousand points, I hope life leech is worth it. But the set isn't completed yet and I still have to do some upgrades. Now I "only" have to level her to 60 and 6*-awaken her.

Will now work on getting Rozid and Taranor Guard (I think it's him, or one of the other guards, not sure) to 5* to unlock their special quests. I will also spent most of my crystals for Fan-Lady pulls tonight. I am not interested in that idol-character, but Fan-Lady seems pretty strong. And you never know what you get out of bigger pulls, so more opportunities to work on my teams ^^

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm done.

The Tama buffs are absolutely insane. Like, there is no reason to ever use any other hero insane. The power creep is real, it's unbelievable.

No mention about the many issues.

Just "here's Luna you fucking idiots, that'll make them happy".

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah... As someone who really couldn't give two damns about Luna even with the pity(Sorry but her design is just downright awful) the patch notes seem underwhelming even to my very low expectations. :P

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think I'm done.

The Tama buffs are absolutely insane. Like, there is no reason to ever use any other hero insane. The power creep is real, it's unbelievable.

Long live Queen Tam.

Still tho, her HP is still low and she makes a bad tank. IMO one of the best parts of units like Angelica is that they are super tanky and can excel at both roles. Tam doesn't fit that.
And she still looks like she doesn't heal as well as the others overall. We shall see.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
I think I'm done.

I literally said it 3 times in Discord, the "mention of any issues" will come next week, since dev notes posts happen at fixed 3 week intervals, and the last one was 2 weeks ago. So, /shrug, not sure why you're using that as a point of upset

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's nice to see units buffed to relevancy but it seems they over-compensated here. I dislike it when it feels like every new character is "essential" due to power creep. It ruined that Danmachi game for me. Though amusingly/inevitably it seems only new female characters are OP. Even post buff I don't think Kayron is awesome? (though he's a bastard on GW defence) and Violet seems solid if unexceptional?

The caster buffs are nice. Probably going to see more Tenebria in PvP/GW. Hell might even be worth leveling Zerato ;)

Last edited:

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I welcome Luna Limited banner for sure , don't have Kise and she is a good DPS and seems easier to build. (have the necessary bms saved for it , hopefully don't need all the bms to get her , but with my shity luck that's probably what will happen)

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Luna is finally released, I won't mind if it quiets the reddit a bit; the obsession with Luna was almost scary. I might pull for her, I should be able to do w11 with Kise; but a strong dps with a def break sounds nice.

The new event seems pretty cool, it's an interesting format; I could have gone for special alarm loops in the shop though.

Buffs for a variety of characters, was not expecting a buff for Mercedes; as for Tama it looks like they decided to buff her so she can just function as a healer, I wonder if her awakenings are still all attack?

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
The new event seems pretty cool, it's an interesting format; I could have gone for special alarm loops in the shop though.
At last! Somebody actually saw this in the patch notes! I was starting to think I imagined this whole part, seeing everyone bitching about Luna or Tama's buffs instead! ^^
I swear this community can be soooo negative at times...

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
It's nice to see units buffed to relevancy but it seems they over-compensated here. I dislike it when it feels like every new character is "essential" due to power creep. It ruined that Danmachi game for me. Though amusingly/inevitably it seems only new female characters are OP. Even post buff I don't think Kayron is awesome? (though he's a bastard on GW defence) and Violet seems solid if unexceptional?

The caster buffs are nice. Probably going to see more Tenebria in PvP/GW. Hell might even be worth leveling Zerato ;)

I think it's a bit extreme to say every new character is essential. Outside of the legendary Diene, all new units have been good but not game breaking or necessary for anything. I do agree that they buffed her more than I would have thought.

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
I do agree that they buffed her more than I would have thought.
She was really bad though. The only thing I'm seeing in her new kit that could be really broken is her added healing ability in transformed form, but we'll have to see how much she actually heals for in this form.
I still don't think she's anywhere near Diene though.

Zafir

Oct 25, 2017
I swear this community can be soooo negative at times...
I mean when you're spending a lot of time with a game, and there's a lot of issues which continually don't really get fixed or addressed are you really surprised?

It's worth noting most of the time when people complain it's likely because they care enough to complain. ie they wish the problems were fixed because they really want to enjoy the game more. People don't complain for the sake of complaining, unless they're trolling, which I don't think is the case here.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I welcome Luna Limited banner for sure , don't have Kise and she is a good DPS and seems easier to build. (have the necessary bms saved for it , hopefully don't need all the bms to get her , but with my shity luck that's probably what will happen)

Ha, I was thinking the same thing, "Ok so I need 605 bookmarks I should buy them now, no wait I could pull her before 121...who am I kidding."

I think it's a bit extreme to say every new character is essential. Outside of the legendary Diene, all new units have been good but not game breaking or necessary for anything. I do agree that they buffed her more than I would have thought.

That was largely in jest, which is why I had essential in quotes. Ultimately no character is essential. But at the same time Diene, Bellona and Tama are all top of the curve. I was going to say all the female gacha characters have been top tier but I just realised I forgot the ML ones. No idea what Kitty and Maid are like. Anyhow, it wasnt my intent to suggest that the sky is falling. Just that for a game that seemed initially to be fairly even handed on balance issues I'd have expected a bit more restraint.

Last edited:

Shito

Oct 26, 2017
I mean when you're spending a lot of time with a game, and there's a lot of issues which continually don't really get fixed or addressed are you really surprised?

It's worth noting most of the time when people complain it's likely because they care enough to complain. ie they wish the problems were fixed because they really want to enjoy the game more.
A lot of the issues are actually addressed, and the devs said multiple times they actually wish to fix them. It's just that people want everything right now and can't seem to understand how those things can need time. I've played multiple mobile phones and it's probably the first one I encounter where we get a content patch every week, with detailed patch notes a few hours before, and regular dev notes detailing their intents on how the game is going to evolve in the upcoming months.
Yet people are mad they can't get more molagoras right this very second.
The game DO have problems to resolve, I'm certainly not denying that, but people are always overreacting so damn much because every week they hype themselves up believing in "a patch that will resolve everything" and then acting all disappointed when obviously it's just not that.

I'm really appalled you could actually say you care about the game, yet find a patch with a new story event format and so many rewards to get from it "underwhelming"...

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
This dating sim event looks weird and I can't wait. Also have almost enough to guarantee Luna. I'm so short on reds I'll probably regret not rolling for Tamarinne or the very likely upcoming Lidica, but I need blues too and I'd rather play it safe. She'll presumably be in the hero journal after the update so we can get an idea of what she does, at least.

Kinda funny how the event rewards are laid out though. I farmed my ass off in 2-2 for alarm clocks for weeks and ended up with 5 Reingar IDs, thinking I'd be ready for Luna if they brought back her event (since they now usually give us 6 epic catalysts). But this time it's 4, with 8 demon blood gem coming later. So when all is said and done I'm very soon gonna be 1 epic catalyst short of full awakenings for Luna, Judge Kise, Chloe, and Roozid. And the game will troll me with that last drop for all eternity. At least Cidd's catalyst I can farm with raid tokens.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Luna's design isn't to my taste at all but pity summon limited is the only time summoning feels like it makes sense. Regular 5* rate is 0.8% and after 121 bookmarks leaves you with 38% of not getting the on banner, whereas with limited you get a 1% chance and and 100% after 121. I have saved 12500 skystones because there is nothing more demoralising than blowing your load and getting nothing and limited stops that being a possibility.

Tamarinne buffs are absolutely insane. Feels like a complete change in philosophy. Maybe she was rushed out - I assume many people would have taken new years off? Because when the next patch you change almost every part of the kit you have to ask what happened in the first place. She might be the best Soul Weaver for everything bar PvP now.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Ah, Luna....

That news just bring a stupid smile on my face I can't get rid off. Maybe I'm too invested in the game...

For those of you who don't understand why Luna became a meme, it's not a matter of big boobs. Personally, I'd prefer if they were a bit more reseaonable. or less animated. Or at least covered. The thing is that She has a base damage multiplier of 1.4 average on her S1, which is close to what other heroes have on their single-target S3. And a base +30% attack and +30% crit chance once her S2 is upgraded. AND a highly reliable, elemental-advantageous 2-turns defense break on her S3, which she can use every 4-5 turns. She's basically the best Ice DPS.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.