• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There are a lot of units, mostly the male ones, that I'd like because I like the look. I mean if I got Krau and Sez I'd use them but it's more because I like their look.

EDIT: One question. When I promote a hero via special quest does his memory imprint get a reset or does he keep it? Because I drew another Kluri and I have not yet finished her 5* quest. Save to imprint her now?

They keep their imprint. All speciality change units keep all their stuff i.e. skill-ups and imprints when you change them.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
Well I did 12 summons and only got 3 stars as expected. But then I checked the droprates and Luna is only 1% chance instead of the usual 1,25%. And you can only get her as a 5* character in the event. So it makes me consider to better spend my tokens on normal 5* summons? I still lack a lot of characters. Might be the option for me. I can still afford 100 tokens via gems.

The reason people like the limited banners like Luna is that you are guaranteed to get her eventually if you keep summoning and failing. With the normal banners you can easily go 120 summons and not get a single 5* as I'm sure many people in this thread will tell you from previous banners lol.

But if you don't care for Luna and/or don't want her, and are mentally prepared in the event you get nothing for 120 summons, then you can absolutely pull from the normal pool.

Oct 25, 2017
so everyone agrees that the hero list is shit right, and that it also sometimes bugs out and jumps around...cuz that just bit me in the ass

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
The reason people like the limited banners like Luna is that you are guaranteed to get her eventually if you keep summoning and failing. With the normal banners you can easily go 120 summons and not get a single 5* as I'm sure many people in this thread will tell you from previous banners lol.

But if you don't care for Luna and/or don't want her, and are mentally prepared in the event you get nothing for 120 summons, then you can absolutely pull from the normal pool.
Yeah I went for normal pulls because I lack a lot of characters. Didn't get any 5* anyway. Got Schuri, Domniel and Surin and two more Kluris to imprint her.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Got Luna on my 5th summon! Incredibly lucky. I think I'm going to start hoarding all the new player bookmarks I'm getting now as she should carry me pretty far into the second difficulty level. Now glad I held off on promoting anyone to 5* during my first play through.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
pity summoned Luna.... about half of my summons were 3 star artifacts, the only things to note were dup 4* i already had, Dingo, Rin, and Acates

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Welp, I did it. Now to explain this to the wife:

image0.png

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
What's the bonus for feeding Luna to herself? I have enough bookmarks to guarantee another Luna, but I'm not sure if it's worth it
Yea, what Yari said. Her Imprint is 4.8% Crit Chance for the entire team if you feed 1 of her, and I think mine is like 7.6% or something at 2 imprints. Honestly though, it wasn't worth it, take it from me. I did it because I'm a super idiot and occasionally I just like to go all in for no good reason.

But, I probably won't do this again unless there's a limited unit with Atk% or -- especially -- speed imprint.

As for number of bookmarks this took, I hit the pity counter twice and on the other one it took me about 50 summons.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Luna came out at the wrong time for me 100%... yesterday I broke my cherry in FGO and kinda went in (way too) hard..... and I'm salty as fuck, 8 5 star CEs, 0 characters, if anything that session has put me off on spending any more money on that game (though I'll probably crack if my F2P quartz can't get my Nero Caster later this year)

Anyway after that there was no chance in hell I was going to spend money on Luna..... but of course I really wanted her... I spammed secret shop for as many bookmarks I could buy, beat abyss level 30 to get those 300 skyshards, was trying to make my way through the bronze pvp ranks.... managed to scrounge up enough for 8 pulls.... and 7 pulls in on this banner and I got her, F2P gawds smiling down on me.

I'm kinda Ice hero heavy though..... 3 of my 4 nat 5s are Ice.... my selective summon Sez, Sigret I pulled from that Luna NY 4-5 star ticket and now Luna.

State of my account.....

Rank 31
World: Stuck on 9-10
Abyss: 30 done
Wyvern 6, Golem 5 & Banshee 5 all done.
Nat 5: Sez, Kayron, Sigret & Luna
Nat 4: Cartija, Lots, Coli & Leo
Made 5 stars: Hazel & Kluri
Main Team: Kluri, Sez, Kayron & Hazel.
5 star Artifacts: Song of Stars & Holy Sacrifice

I think I'll have enough for 3 ML pulls once I finish 10-10.. hope I get some good stuff.

FGO. Oof. I could say a lot of stuff about FGO but folks tend to have to experience it for themselves. I loved the stories and characters but screw everything else. It's not the gacha for me, let's say that.

Grats on Luna. You should be focusing on abyss and lab at this point. Lot of great gear in both that carried me til this day.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Liking the CYOA style of the new side story, got the good end on the first playthrough.

Seems like you are secretly a bad guy though?

Slowly leveling the new heroes I got after a massive summoning session.Hard Difficulty is slower, but I get more mats, so probably doing that. Probably time to use the 70 leifs I have in stock

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Use skystones for stamina and refreshing the shop to buy bookmarks and gear. Buying the 950 bookmark bundles with skystones is a scamoozle.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Use skystones for stamina and refreshing the shop to buy bookmarks and gear. Buying the 950 bookmark bundles with skystones is a scamoozle.

Not sure I really agree with this. To get 50 bookmarks from the shop you'd need to spend 1.8 million gold in addition to the probably 300-500 skystones it would take to get them to appear.

The gold alone is worth just over 1k skystones if you use the shop exchange rate of 2.025m gold/1200 skystones. But even if you feel that exchange rate is also a scam, still gold is a very scarce commodity and I'd hesitate on dropping 1.8 million + 400 skystones on something you can get for 950 skystones

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I advise you to gradually stop playing FGO, like I did after throwing way too much money at it. This game is the devil for your wallet. It will be hard for the first few weeks, but then you'll get better.

Now, about your account, I think you should make Luna your first 6*, then Kluri. The others bring somewhat less benefits from the upgrade. Use all your skystones for Bookmarks until you have at least one or two characters for each classes in each element, and then focus on improving their CP, even if you have to buy stamina. Also, don't understimate the Banshee sisters. Aside from the green one, they can all be competitive with natural 5* characters.

That summoning session really put a downer on FGO for me... I'm pretty much not going to spend a cent outside of guaranteed summons from now on and just focus on the welfare servants like I intended to in the first place (but I just finished watching the anime Mordred was in and fav VA + waifu reasons = RIP). I did manage to grab a First Hassan from maintenance orbs I got from playing it for ten mins halfway through last year... so I guess that was pretty lucky.....

Yeah I was thinking of making her or Sez my first 6 star, probably go with Luna like you said.

I am in the process of leveling up Carmainerose along with Kiris, Lorina & Lots... though I guess I'll put Lorina on the backburner now because of Luna.

Also I finished story mode and had exactly enough gold transmute stones for 3 ML pulls....

1st = Challenger Dominiel
2nd = Wanda
3rd = Crimson Armin

Pretty stocked about that set of pulls to say the least... had 50 bookmarks left and decided to try and pull a healer in Tama's banner, with my last 4 pulls I got three 4 stars, Leo again (sigh), Cidd & Schuri......

Pretty happy with the units I have, don't feel like I need to spend especially since building characters up in this game seems to have a massive bottleneck. Still got to work on my specialty changes as well as pulling a few more Connections characters......

Going to start saving up from this point onwards for the next limited banner, hopefully I can grab a top tier healer from that sort of banner....

FGO. Oof. I could say a lot of stuff about FGO but folks tend to have to experience it for themselves. I loved the stories and characters but screw everything else. It's not the gacha for me, let's say that.

Grats on Luna. You should be focusing on abyss and lab at this point. Lot of great gear in both that carried me til this day.

I'm kinda on a fate kick at the moment, since I watched the Grand Order special, Last Encore and Apoc the last couple of weeks so of course Nero is my waifu, Mordred is awsome etc..... I'm only playing 3 gatcha games right now, FEH which I'll never drop, Epic Seven which I'm playing the most right now and FGO which is in a distant 3rd after that summoning session.... I'll probably drop the game if I don't pull Caster Nero with free quartz (so high chance lol).

Yeah I'm going to hit up abyss and lab from this point on, cheers. Seems I've pulled some good pvp characters too so I'll focus more on that as well.

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Not sure I really agree with this. To get 50 bookmarks from the shop you'd need to spend 1.8 million gold in addition to the probably 300-500 skystones it would take to get them to appear.

The gold alone is worth just over 1k skystones if you use the shop exchange rate of 2.025m gold/1200 skystones. But even if you feel that exchange rate is also a scam, still gold is a very scarce commodity and I'd hesitate on dropping 1.8 million + 400 skystones on something you can get for 950 skystones
I mean I'm at the point now where gold is incredibly useless. Not because I have so much, but because I have nothing to upgrade. I'm limited by charms and actually having gear worth upgrading.

Plus you're not just refreshing the shop for bookmarks. Almost all of my right side gear is from the secret shop.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Fair enough, if you have nothing else to spend on, I guess refreshing shop could be good for bookmarks.

I think over the course of the game I've probably used 10k skystones on the shop though, and very little good gear has come of it. It feels like a huge trap to me. When epics do show up, they're like 45-55 with some shitty set or substat. You can easily go 1k skystones without even seeing a single purple or red Lv. 70+ gear at all.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I started playing when Diene came out and had been extremely frugal/lucky with my skystones and bookmarks since then. I just dumped everything I had into Luna. Hit her pity once and am about to hit it a second time. Kinda salty that my mate pulled three of her in less than 200 pulls with over 20k skystones left, haha.

Even white and green 88 right side gear is worth buying
Is it really? I've passed up a couple of them before simply because I barely had fodder gear to level up the ones I already had.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Is it really? I've passed up a couple of them before simply because I barely had fodder gear to level up the ones I already had.

Oh yeah, for sure. I have a bunch of right side normal and green gear I still use on my top units. It's a lot cheaper and sometimes RNG will favor you with usable sub stat rolls. If you wait for perfect gear, it could take forever.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Oh yeah, for sure. I have a bunch of right side normal and green gear I still use on my top units. It's a lot cheaper and sometimes RNG will favor you with usable sub stat rolls. If you wait for perfect gear, it could take forever.
That makes sense. Thanks! I'm guessing it's only really worth for high tier right side gear with percent increase with main stats? Man I think I passed on some potentially good gear.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
That makes sense. Thanks! I'm guessing it's only really worth for high tier right side gear with percent increase with main stats? Man I think I passed on some potentially good gear.
Yeah, you want the main stat to be good and the set to be useable. It doesn't have to be perfect like attack boots with attack% stat. But I generally will avoid effectiveness and effect resist sets even if the stat is good, but that's just my rule.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
I can also vouch for that. I have at least 4 85 lvl green/grey right-side gear that has a good main stat.

It'll be nice when you get that rare (RARE) unicorn of an item drop, but until then somethings need to sustain the troops.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
White gear barely seems worth using no matter the level. You are "wasting" four of your five skill-ups on simply unlocking the stats, and then you are gambling on four decent substats. I must be doing something wrong as I certainly dont have the gold to gamble on that. Does the main stat make up for that?

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
It really depends on your circumstances, though, if you've nothing better to put there. When the alternative is a lvl. 22 (and I'm mainly talking necklaces/rings here), with the 85 white/green gear you could potentially complete a helpful set to also get the extra bonus, and amp up one crucial stat that you know you need heavy investment into.

Would I go full 15? Probably not, but I'd still reap the benefits with increased levels.

Whether that's worth it to you or not is really up to you. With my (bad) luck in drops, it is to me, until something better does come along. Still waiting.

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
Just beat 10-10 with a Destina as a friend supporter. From moonlight i got Gunther, Challenger Dominiel, Wanda, and Gloomyrain. Looks like a mixed bag from user ratings in-game, but is there anything from that list that would be useful?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Whether that's worth it to you or not is really up to you. With my (bad) luck in drops, it is to me, until something better does come along. Still waiting.

Feels like the only luck with drops in this game is bad. I'd been disregarding them as they were normal but I'll check them out from now on.

Edit: Blew 800K on a blue 85 speed chest, the substats rolled were..harrowing.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Just beat 10-10 with a Destina as a friend supporter. From moonlight i got Gunther, Challenger Dominiel, Wanda, and Gloomyrain. Looks like a mixed bag from user ratings in-game, but is there anything from that list that would be useful?

Challenger Dominial is capable of absolutely stupid amounts of damage from what I can tell. Grats.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Feels like the only luck with drops in this game is bad. I'd been disregarding them as they were normal but I'll check them out from now on.

Edit: Blew 800K on a blue 85 speed chest, the substats rolled were..harrowing.

On left side gear, I only buy if its red or purple with all good % substats, you can easily craft an ok blue one from hunt mats. Right side i just look for good main stats and set bonus. BTW Unity Sets are't in the secret shop right?

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Even white and green 88 right side gear is worth buying

I'd say no. I don't see green 88 being competitive with the purple 60 that you can farm from labyrinths and ancient coins.
Challenger Dominial is capable of absolutely stupid amounts of damage from what I can tell. Grats.

Ch Dominiel require a specific team setup to shine, but I seem to remember a screenshot with her doing a 6-digits attack on a boss.

Oct 25, 2017
What are the dailies and quests specifically?
Well, for one, do a repetition on either adventure or battle in hard mode and you may get a sightly boost for your account exp, but be warned it can become super slow when your level hit higher.

-----------------
I think it comes to point that I'm going to drop E7 for good. It's just that my team power is still weaker compared to my guild and I was like, so behind because I couldn't find a better unit for my team due to lurid summon. However, I might get back on this game again at some point when they vastly improve game system, especially drop rates, that is. By the way, Thanks for having me in your guild and I wish you for best luck. Have fun whaling, peeps.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like even if you do the Valentine's Bingo everyday, you're not guaranteed to get the 4 Bingos needed for the Molagora, let alone the 6 needed for the Gold Transmit Stone by the deadline if you're unlucky. Haven't gotten a Bingo yet after 4 days. Definitely the worst daily event so far.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Seems like even if you do the Valentine's Bingo everyday, you're not guaranteed to get the 4 Bingos needed for the Molagora, let alone the 6 needed for the Gold Transmit Stone by the deadline if you're unlucky. Haven't gotten a Bingo yet after 4 days. Definitely the worst daily event so far.
I doubt the board resets after a bingo, so board should be full after 9 days; with no diagonals that'll be your 6 bingos. With 11 days left on the bingo event there shouldn't be a problem getting the rewards.

Status
Not open for further replies.