• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
If you run Hell you don't need to grind the events. You can buy everything basically just doing adventure dailies + maybe a run or two extra a day.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Blew > 250 bookmarks and got Rod of Amaryllis. I already have 2 Shimadra staffs so I'm not sure if this is worth using. Really would've liked to get Charles, FKluri is a pain to farm for and her low damage attacks get punished by a lot of Bosses.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
If you run Hell you don't need to grind the events. You can buy everything basically just doing adventure dailies + maybe a run or two extra a day.

Yeah, my team isn't there yet. I can run Hard with a fodder slot but auto is shaky, so I just run Normal with Luna and 3 fodder.

What is the stamina cap, even I tried to run Hell I could only run it 4 times before needing a refresh?

Sucks the full reputation award is only 3 silver transmits instead of a gold like last event.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pulled for Charles. Got Ken. No complaints. Wanted him for so long.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Got Charles , did something between 15 to 20 pulls on the banner (not exceeding the 605 BMs saved) , finally got the hero banner non limited and finally some luck, last one I got was Cecilia, didn't even remembered what it was getting something you aimed for in this game lol

Last edited:

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017

I want her so badly.

Ok, I'm sold. But a pity, I won't get her anyway.

200 BM spent on Charles, and nothing but a Rosa Hargana to show for it...

Edit: Smilegate has decided (apparently after some backlash from entitled players) to make the item changes on main stats retroactive after all, should be done with next week's update.

Also, the skill multipliers for Charles are crazy OP. If not for his low base attack stat, he would outdps a lot of thieves. 1.85 multiplier on the semi-spammable S2 (when buffed, which should be most of the time) and 2.5 multiplier when he use his S3 on a single target. To compare, most single-target S3 are under 1.8.

Last edited:

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
15 pulls, no Charles, no surprises. Did get another Dust Devil, a new Sigurd's Scythe, and after three months of playing my very first Surin!

Still no Angelica.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up burning more bookmarks than expected(300 or so) on the Charles banner, did not expect Charles to do that at the end of his sidestory. No luck, did get the banner artifact, a second celestine, and a second Haste so I'm going to call it a win even though Haste doesn't have a mustache.

I want her so badly.

I thought I would be burning my mystic summons on this weeks batch, but she looks so good.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, I'm sold. But a pity, I won't get her anyway.

200 BM spent on Charles, and nothing but a Rosa Hargana to show for it...

Edit: Smilegate has decided (apparently after some backlash from entitled players) to make the item changes on main stats retroactive after all, should be done with next week's update.

Also, the skill multipliers for Charles are crazy OP. If not for his low base attack stat, he would outdps a lot of thieves. 1.85 multiplier on the semi-spammable S2 (when buffed, which should be most of the time) and 2.5 multiplier when he use his S3 on a single target. To compare, most single-target S3 are under 1.8.

Actually I kind of have to thank reddit, they are the only place vocally critical of the game, even if it gets out of control. I was reading reviews of the games in the app store and a lot of the negative reviews seem pretty well put with their critism but because the issues don't really show until endgame most people who have issues with it are more likely to just quietly drop the game rather than send feedback or freak out on reddit. If you just wanted to play through the vanilla story and then bounce you'll never run into any if these problems.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Didn't expect to pull on the Charles banner but knowing I have a few weeks to catch back up on BM I pulled twenty times, buncha nothing and a 4* Cartuja dupe. I did get a Water's Origin which I've heard is useful and a Sashe Ithanes. I've got 400 bookmarks saved, so no more pulling until I reach the magical 620 number. Ton of skystones left in the story modes for me to collect and quite a few bookmark rewards in Abyss, etc.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Entitled? Gear is the real grind in this game and the gear update meant that every non epic piece of gear you had was nerfed. Not applying the changes, i.e. the main stat balancing, retroactively was clearly an attempt to artificially extend the grind. It's not "entitled" to complain about that.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Entitled? Gear is the real grind in this game and the gear update meant that every non epic piece of gear you had was nerfed. Not applying the changes, i.e. the main stat balancing, retroactively was clearly an attempt to artificially extend the grind. It's not "entitled" to complain about that.

It wasn't nerfed, it stayed the same. Future gear buffed != current gear nerfed.

Oct 28, 2017
Vildred works very well with her, especially if you have R&L or a Dust Devil to push out his S1 more frequently.

You unfortunately need to waste some crit hit from Dom's S3 because that DPS needs to high crit to push CDom forward via her enhanced S2.
Actually you only need 50% critical on her, since her selfbuff will carry it to 100%. Just focus on crutches dmg, even on boots. On a side note, I run cDom with ML cidd and with priming her S1 she still hits 40k on a soulburned crit. Shes definitely not reliant on an aoe unit.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It wasn't nerfed, it stayed the same. Future gear buffed != current gear nerfed.

Semantics. Today a Normal rarity set of 85 boots would have a higher main stat than a Rare set of boots I got before the patch. If everything increases while what you have stays the same its functionally being nerfed. If you prefer we can say future gear has been buffed, either way, being irritated about it isnt being "entitled".

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Actually you only need 50% critical on her, since her selfbuff will carry it to 100%. Just focus on crutches dmg, even on boots. On a side note, I run cDom with ML cidd and with priming her S1 she still hits 40k on a soulburned crit. Shes definitely not reliant on an aoe unit.
I know she only needs 50% crit. The melee unit priming her needs close to 100% crit to prime her, which is what I meant by waste.

Using an AOE unit allows you to focus more on CDmg and attack on her than using a single target unit. But using a fast unit like Cidd or ML Cidd still has a purpose. Which is why I told him to remove FKluri, not Cidd.

I pulled Charles. I am thinking an Angelica Charles Cecilia Guild Wars stall party would be difficult to beat.

2 more 6 stars. The grind is real.

I will thank "entitlement" to get Smilegate to do the right thing. Some of you have Stockholm syndrome or something. This is an easy change for them to make.

Last edited:

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Semantics. Today a Normal rarity set of 85 boots would have a higher main stat than a Rare set of boots I got before the patch. If everything increases while what you have stays the same its functionally being nerfed. If you prefer we can say future gear has been buffed, either way, being irritated about it isnt being "entitled".

I am not interested in debating about any change being a nerf of something existing before. I have looked at my characters to see who would benefit of this retroactive change, and not even one item in ten would get a buff. The effect will be insignifiant.

But I don't agree with you when you say that Smilegate is doing this to extend the grind. If you start on that train of tought, ANY positive change can be considered to be done with malicious intent. What will be next? If the next set in the conquest point shop is lv85, it's a move to obsolete those who bought the previous lv70 set?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I have looked at my characters to see who would benefit of this retroactive change, and not even one item in ten would get a buff. The effect will be insignifiant.

Then you must have an absolute shit load of Epic gear because every single other piece of gear you got before today will be affected by the change. Sadly I, and I suspect most people, are not lucky enough to have the majority of their gear be Epic rarity.

But I don't agree with you when you say that Smilegate is doing this to extend the grind. If you start on that train of tought, ANY positive change can be considered to be done with malicious intent. What will be next? If the next set in the conquest point shop is lv85, it's a move to obsolete those who bought the previous lv70 set?

No it can't, that's nonsense. There's a difference between introducing new content, which is inevitable and expected, and rendering current content obsolete through balance changes. As it initially stood the balance change made all non-epic gear "worse", not worse than it was before but worse than it could be. Which meant that people would need to replace equipment with possibly exactly the same equipment, only the newer "version" due simply to a balance change. That's clearly busywork. Considering how quickly they changed their mind perhaps it was simple oversight rather than intentional. I mean I'm not particularly invested in diving SG's intent, nor am I particularly annoyed one way or another. I just thought it was a bit much to suggest people were acting "entitled" about it.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I think the fact that they didn't mention anything about the effect it would have on old gear makes it an oversight.

To be honest I haven't seen anything really "sneaky" or malicious, they pretty clearly tell you what they are about, almost to an amateurish degree. I think one of the major issues with the game is that they try to nickel and dime you with absolutely everything. Some games choose to focus on making profits through the summoning system, costumes, powering up balancing etc. But E7 seems to squeeze very tightly on everything. The only thing you can really freely farm in this is the spirit alter, everything else has some kind of limit, even gold, which to me is crazy. Like a lot of other games have places you can go to grind for money, here you get squeezed.

I appreciate the changes to the gear, and this quick patch to bring the old gear up to speed, because I can barely make any progress as is. I'm to the point that I basically don't make any real progress playing now, don't accumulate gold fast enough to power up my gear, to 15, don't have a healer or a tank worth investing into making a 6 star. My strategy currently is to maybe sit the game down and wait for events that give out things like catalysts high tier gear, those events are really what bring higher value through playing the game.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like a new korean interview with Smilegate just got translated.

Some interessting snipits out of it.

Q: I am sure you guys are also planning on China and Japan servers. Insights?
A: We are looking for Chinese publisher asap. As China's ban on Korean products are slowly being lifted, we have been talking to many publishers. As for Japan, Super Creative are still holding on to the publishing rights there, but we plan to get it transferred over to us

Q: The goal was to stay in top 10 global market by end of 2018. What is the plan for 2019?
A: Our plan is that to target a new market, you need a solid market backing you up. Last year we did very well in the United States so this past 3 months has been focused on Taiwan. Right now we are looking towards to marketing at Europe with French and German language options. So our plan for long running is on opening new markets.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
I think the fact that they didn't mention anything about the effect it would have on old gear makes it an oversight.

To be honest I haven't seen anything really "sneaky" or malicious, they pretty clearly tell you what they are about, almost to an amateurish degree. I think one of the major issues with the game is that they try to nickel and dime you with absolutely everything. Some games choose to focus on making profits through the summoning system, costumes, powering up balancing etc. But E7 seems to squeeze very tightly on everything. The only thing you can really freely farm in this is the spirit alter, everything else has some kind of limit, even gold, which to me is crazy. Like a lot of other games have places you can go to grind for money, here you get squeezed.

I appreciate the changes to the gear, and this quick patch to bring the old gear up to speed, because I can barely make any progress as is. I'm to the point that I basically don't make any real progress playing now, don't accumulate gold fast enough to power up my gear, to 15, don't have a healer or a tank worth investing into making a 6 star. My strategy currently is to maybe sit the game down and wait for events that give out things like catalysts high tier gear, those events are really what bring higher value through playing the game.

Yeah, at the end of the day, the drip-feeding of gold is the number one limiter for me. More often than not my daily gold reserves are at around 100k after a few unit/gear upgrades/guild donations here and there. One could argue that without awakenings or molagora you can still find use from a unit. Without leveled gear? Try again.

I really wish there was a dungeon you could run just for gold (no, hunts aren't it).

How they've changed the equipment level should theoretically cut back on gold expenditures for upgrading, but we'll have to wait and see how it pans out.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
The sub-story grinds are starting to be a bit irritating. Unless I'm playing on hell it's pretty much impossible to get everything from the event shop and playing on Hell is a huge time sink as more and more they are becoming non autobattle viable. And it's still a huge grind to get everything. I even can't change my team for it because taking a lv50 there is not viable and I have only 3 lv60s who have maybe passable gear.
Ok, rant over, I feel a bit better now. :D

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017

With this train of thought they could never buff anything for fear that it would obsolete all the work you had done before. And yet, that's literally how every MMO ever works. If they had instead introduced Lv. 90 gear, would people suddenly be asking for all of their Lv. 85, 70, and 60 gear to be bumped up by 5 ilvls? It makes no sense. The game changes and evolves, that's how it works.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I generally clear out 95% of the event shop while doing the 3 hunts/day requirement, using the stamina from the daily tasks, friendship points and using the leafs given by the event. And I'm doing most of the grind in normal mode with a pair of lv60 and a fodder.
Unless you're saving your leafs and doing a lot of hunts, I don't see why you can't get enough of the event money.

Oct 25, 2017
Who is the pompous tea drinking man...jfc he's literally my grandfather. I WILL TRADE SOMEONE MY LUNA FOR A CHARLES GOD DAMNITAKJFDKBSAJK

he any good?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
With this train of thought they could never buff anything for fear that it would obsolete all the work you had done before. And yet, that's literally how every MMO ever works. If they had instead introduced Lv. 90 gear, would people suddenly be asking for all of their Lv. 85, 70, and 60 gear to be bumped up by 5 ilvls? It makes no sense. The game changes and evolves, that's how it works.

A balance change to existing gear is not an evolution. Maybe it doesnt make sense to you because you are conflating too different things? in this case a balance change with a natural advancement of/addition to the game. But don't worry you're not alone in doing that and I've already responded to this false equivalency above so I guess I'll direct you towards that.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
2nd time in 3 days, do free summon after reset (I wake up 30-60 mins after), used stigma on a penguin to get me one bookmark from the daily, pulled on the banner unit..... got banner unit.

Charles da gawd has joined my ranks!

Conventional wisdom is not to blow your skyshards on summons, that and refreshing the shop to buy bookmarks is all I do with them... would have no chance at the rod artifact in shop if I didn't spend it all....

Seems like he's pretty good.

I seriously want Ludwig now.

Crimson Armin, Shadow Rose, Charles da gawd, Ludwig..... *skip all fights against people with Kayron*

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
500k and 5 leafs... I'll take that since I was at work and it didn't really effect me (sucks for other people who it did)

Anyone know the odds for a 5 star character on the 4-5 star summon ticket....?

Chalres S3 looks fucking dope!

I did not want to pull for him but his animations were crazy, seems really good too... think I got him in under 50 bookmarks, was quick like Luna.

Kinda hope I get his artifact now... since I need to continue to pull to get other artifacts to sell since I only have 53 Powder of Knowledge..... also 8 more pulls for a gold stone than I get one from login bonuses in a few days... so that's my next ML pull sorted. (Doris please if 3 star)

Until I get Rod of Amaryllis I won't be able to start saving lol.... also really want Wind Rider for Sez and Kayron... but yeah that's not happening. (getting an Angelica would be great too)

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally managed to auto Wyvern 11 with angelica, luna, schuri, and taranor.

But not 100% win yet, still need to up schuri crit rate to 100% and get dual atk set for taranor

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
After 104 days of logging in, and countless (and countless) of bookmarks later, I finally summon her from a free daily.

bjihds.png

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
500k and 5 leafs... I'll take that since I was at work and it didn't really effect me (sucks for other people who it did)

Anyone know the odds for a 5 star character on the 4-5 star summon ticket....?
i

The game says 15% if iremember correctly.

Edit: not the game but in the latest patch notes

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
700+ bookmarks on Charles's banner, no Charles.

I guess that's karma for rolling Lidica twice within fifty bookmarks last banner.

Still hurts, man. I badly need a good buff remover in my lineup... I really don't want to have to raise Romann, of all people.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017

The difference is that in an MMO you aren't really gated by anything BUT gear.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Despite recent changes, I feel the game is somewhat stagnant right now. I guess I'd really like them to add the new continent already, with everything that entails.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Despite recent changes, I feel the game is somewhat stagnant right now. I guess I'd really like them to add the new continent already, with everything that entails.
That's where I'm at.

Just logging in, doing 5 side story Hell runs, doing arena five times, coming back in 10 hours and running hunts until I'm out of stamina, then done for the day. That's kinda all there is to do.

Oct 25, 2017
I feel annoyingly stuck. My gear is so shit that I cant get past wyvern 9, and killing that one hoping to get lucky on an upgrade is tiresome. Plus getting accessories is dreadful. Slowed my playtime a lot once I hit this point. Figure ill get past it eventually but star ocean has a lot of events atm so im focusing on that.

Status
Not open for further replies.