• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BlueGeezer

Oct 28, 2017
Account Review one month update.

One month later and again just to keep a record of this and if anyone wants to give advice

Main Team: All 6 stars at last!!!

Schuri (Rosa Hargana), C Lorina (El's fist), Mascot Hazel (Magarah's tome), F Kluri (Candlestick) 152k CP

Adventure: up to 8-4 world (not moved to keep farming fangs on urgents)
Hunt: 9 done on Wyvern and Golem. 7 on Banshee. (up from 7)
Arena: Gold Level (up from Silver )
Spirit Altar: 10(!) done on Dark and Light, 9 on rest (up from 8)
Abyss: level 53 done (up from 49)
Labyrinth: Tirel done. 64% stuck on boss in Nixiel, 32% Farche. (27% Nix, 0% Farche)

Currently grinding 8-4 for catalysts and leveling fodder. God bless Vildred.

Owned (Bold are new)

5 Star:
Tywin (Daydream Joker), Kayron, Sigret, Vildred (6* and Dust Devil), Zeno (6*), Aramintha, Luna, Ken (!!!)

4 Star:
Silk (5* and Sasha Ithes), Corvus (5* and El's fist), Guider Aither, Rin, Romann, Lots, Leo, Dingo, Schuri (6*), Mercedes, Dominiel, Wanderer Silk, Maya, Achates

3 Star:
Aither (5* and Magarah's tome), Rima, Elson, Tieria, PearlHorizon, MistyChain, Carmainerose, Kiris, Nemunas, Jecht, Jena, Carrot, Otillie, Adlay, Montmorancy, Hazel (6*), Mucacha, Taranor Guard, Azalea, Church of Ilryos Axe, Helga, Enott, Roozid, Alexa, Judith, F Kluri (6*), Taranor Royal Guard, Ras, C Lorina (6*), Gunther, Celeste

Notable other Artifacts:

5*
Iron Fan, Abyssal Crown, Violet Talisman, Alexa's Basket, Uberius's Tooth, Sword Of Judgment, Idol's Cheer

4*
Hell Cutter, Sira-Ren, Kal'adra, Tagahel's Ancient Book, Adamant Shield, Wonderous Potion Vial, Water's Origin, Moonlight Dreamblade, Card of Small Miracles, Love Potion

Aim:

Finally got a team of 6*'s :) So I am now looking more towards gear and future teams. I think my next 6* is either Luna or Ken. Leaning towards Luna first then build a pure fire team in Ken, Aramintha, M Hazel and Schuri....

Also need to think about a decent future wyvern 11 team... hmm....

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Got krau from mystic summon.... Damn, i was hoping it was that new aramitha.

Is krau useful? Since my angelica can almost tank anything

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017

New Aramintha isn't even out yet. Don't do mystic summons until next week.

Krau is useful for Wyvern 11. Some people have success tanking it with Angelica, but the Wyvern decreases combat readiness with every attack, and is very fast, and attacks you 3 times each turn, so it means your heal output really takes a nosedive if you're trying to tank with Angelica.

Personally I use Crozet for tanking W11 (mostly because I don't have Krau), but Krau is just as good, and useful for other purposes besides W11 (like he's decent in arena too).

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
Wow, just got the 1 bookmark from daily quest which gave me 5 total. Did a single summon and got Charles!

Although at this point I kind of want Angelica more lol

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Think I've settled on my eventual PVP team, I want those 500+ weekly skystones rolling in....

Shadow Rose - Needs to win speed war, cr push tiny bit of damage
Charles - Attack buff, bit of damage
Challenger Dominiel - Crit rate buff, also can try and pop or soften someone, use Tagehel's ancient book for the souls at the start so....
Sez - Fat Sez (pure atk and crit dmg) in the house, I'm soulburning S3.

Nothing new, but it should work... if anyone survives hopefully Charles can clean up with S2. (He'll have 3 buffs and if S.Rose is alive I expect to get a defense break)

Had 52 mystic medals, was obviously going to save them next week for new aramitha... saw your post and remembered Krau was on, Krau is a boss, he's worth a YOLO..... 5 star proc.... but left side... shit can't remember what it was... it's Rod of Amaryllis!! Which is really awesome!

I know it's in the shop but I also really, really wanted Wind Rider for Sez and/or Kayron so this actually lets me get that. (hopefully... without using my Idol's Cheer dupe....

Would never had done this random yolo pull without this comment, so thanks.

Wow, just got the 1 bookmark from daily quest which gave me 5 total. Did a single summon and got Charles!

That's exactly how I got Charles 2 days ago and Lidica 4 days ago, after my free summon, I grabbed penguin daily for 1 bookmark to take me to 5, summon on banner... hello Lidica and Charles.

Will be my new ritual.

Last edited:

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Think I've settled on my eventual PVP team, I want those 500+ weekly skystones rolling in....

Shadow Rose - Needs to win speed war, cr push tiny bit of damage
Charles - Attack buff, bit of damage
Challenger Dominiel - Crit rate buff, also can try and pop or soften someone, use Tagehel's ancient book for the souls at the start so....
Sez - Fat Sez (pure atk and crit dmg) in the house, I'm soulburning S3.

Nothing new, but it should work... if anyone survives hopefully Charles can clean up with S2. (He'll have 3 buffs and if S.Rose is alive I expect to get a defense break)

Had 52 mystic medals, was obviously going to save them next week for new aramitha... saw your post and remembered Krau was on, Krau is a boss, he's worth a YOLO..... 5 star proc.... but left side... shit can't remember what it was... it's Rod of Amaryllis!! Which is really awesome!

I know it's in the shop but I also really, really wanted Wind Rider for Sez and/or Kayron so this actually lets me get that. (hopefully... without using my Idol's Cheer dupe....

Would never had done this random yolo pull without this comment, so thanks.
Nice.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
That's exactly how I got Charles 2 days ago and Lidica 4 days ago, after my free summon, I grabbed penguin daily for 1 bookmark to take me to 5, summon on banner... hello Lidica and Charles.

Will be my new ritual.

Nice! I've been playing since near the launch I think and I've only been able to pull Bellona and now Charles (not counting Luna since she was limited and I didn't pull on Diene lol). Haven't had any luck on all the other banners.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
Installed it two weeks ago, probably making a lot of rookie mistakes but I'm enjoying myself all the same. I've come to you lads for advice in a particular fight though. Stage... 9-6? 9-7? The one with the water knight girl boss fight (Rose? Something like that.) plus three flunkies. I pretty much breezed through story content up until this stage, but hit a real stone wall here. I can't beat them all before she uses her skill that buffs them all through the roof, at which point I simply get destroyed since they start hitting like dump trucks and keep getting turns. I've been wondering if there's a better way than brute forcing my way through, it definitely feels like it.

My usual party is Lorina, Lidica, Mercedes and Destina, all capped at 50. Any tips/notable units that would do well in that stage?

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Installed it two weeks ago, probably making a lot of rookie mistakes but I'm enjoying myself all the same. I've come to you lads for advice in a particular fight though. Stage... 9-6? 9-7? The one with the water knight girl boss fight (Rose? Something like that.) plus three flunkies. I pretty much breezed through story content up until this stage, but hit a real stone wall here. I can't beat them all before she uses her skill that buffs them all through the roof, at which point I simply get destroyed since they start hitting like dump trucks and keep getting turns. I've been wondering if there's a better way than brute forcing my way through, it definitely feels like it.

My usual party is Lorina, Lidica, Mercedes and Destina, all capped at 50. Any tips/notable units that would do well in that stage?

What I did was kill her before she destroys your team , you should bring some good Earth DPS, with two fire dps heroes you will have problems to land debuffs on her or even crit, if you don't have any use a support of your friend list, armor break if possible and go all out. You could use Kiris too and poison her to death ...

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I have been sleeping on Charles. Fought a built up one in pvp. Wasn't pretty. He can hit pretty hard and when his s1 procs to his s2, it's brutal.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
What I did was kill her before she destroys your team , you should bring some good Earth DPS, with two fire dps heroes you will have problems to land debuffs on her or even crit, if you don't have any use a support of your friend list, armor break if possible and go all out. You could use Kiris too and poison her to death ...

Yeah, I was sorta trying not to piggyback on supports too much. I just don't have too many earth/light options though. Other than Destina I think my earth roster is Silk and Kluri. Guess I'll give it a few tries with some earth muscle from supports.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Good news is it's much easier after 73, up until 80. 81-90 is... something beyond me at the moment.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I've been stuck on 73 for a week. Doesn't matter what team comp or strategy I employ, I can't get enough DPS on him before he goes full hulk smash.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
I've been sitting on Abyss 73 for a week or two as well, mostly just waiting to build up Lidica so I can steamroll it. And today I think I can safely say my Lidica is ready.

image0.png

I'm out of Abyss tokens now, but tomorrow I'll give it another shot with Lidica, Angelica, Aramintha, Luna. With a 208 speed Lidica (actually 213 now since I just awakened her again) he'll probably never even get a turn.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I beat Hell Arahakan! Although I feel cheated since I didn't get any gear or even a galaxy bookmark, did he give me ancient coins or something? Pretty sure I hit 300 due to clearing the two missions for the first time.

I ended up killing him on the third(?) time his adds went down. Tama with the Rod can lay down a ton of healing. Idk when I'll get around to trying Karkanis though; he can be annoying in general.

Abyss 73 was the stage were I ended up putting Ravi to +5 on her s1. I think my team was Kluri,Dienne, Destina, and Ravi. I think I barely made it. My general strategy was killing the tree and only letting Ravi hit the golem. Fluri pretty much had to cleanse the attack buff the moment it went up and Dienne peeled def debuff as she could; while Ravi tried to soulburn s1 at the most vulnerable point.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Catalyst farming is not fun...need 5 dreamtime circuits for Luna and so does everyone in my Guild so no luck in getting aid. Did get aid to get Lidica to 5* awoken, slowly building her for 6*. I've had more student ID's drop than dreamtimes, oh well.

6*'d Angelica last night, hasn't really made a noticeable improvement to my team but shes only level 54 and I did it mostly for content later. Stuck at Krau on WD 9-2, having trouble with two of the Breath of Orbis on WD (5 and 8). Abyss 54 seems insurmountable right now with my team, I have no good AOE.

Hit Master in Arena, Lidica/Luna/Fluri/Destina seems to be a pretty solid team, I can immediately knock someone back with Lidica, then erase someone with Luna and then bait the healer all usually befor they get a move. By then only two of them get their S3's off before Destina moves so I can wipe out their debuffs and carry on.

I need to gear up at this point, but I'm torn between farming for catalysts or just farming Wyvern. I'll probably see a better improvement through gear at this point vs awakening Luna?

Sitting at 492 bookmarks, torn between just tearing through them to help round out my roster vs waiting for the next limited run.

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Better gear will more than likely give you a quicker and bigger increase but awakening can be a nice boost. Farming catalysts is often a pain in the arse, burned around five hundred stamina today trying to get two wolf fangs and ended up with nothing (well other than some fodder levelled up)

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
I actually like farming catalysts. Because a) it's the only reliable way of levelling up fodder to 6* your units, b) you get catalysts, c) you get tons of gear fodder which you can use to level up your gear, d) you get lots of urgent missions (the only ones i actually do are the phantasma and goblin thief though).

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I mean yeah, I don't mind the farming since it's all progression one way or another, it's just disappointing you can dump so much stamina and not get any catalysts. A bit demoralizing. I'm farming WD2-9 now because Dreamtime, Loops, and IDs can all drop there and have been getting plenty of fodder. Once I get the last ID I need I'll move to a better spot for Dreamtime, increase my odds.

It does make me want to get the rest of the catalysts from Charles' side story even though I don't have a use for them now.

I was kind of relieved to have run out of new-player Leifs to curb my obsession with the game but the Side Story and Maintenance bonus has re-upped my Leif's to 9...

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gear is going to make the biggest difference. For the most part I've pretty much accepted that 95% of my catalysts are going to come from sidestories so any liefs I burn end up on hunts.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Gear is going to make the biggest difference. For the most part I've pretty much accepted that 95% of my catalysts are going to come from sidestories so any liefs I burn end up on hunts.

I'm still so new I only have 2 6*'s so I do have a lot of ceiling on getting the rest of my core to 6*, so the fodder helps right now which I'm also getting from Friendship Summons.

Are catalysts more common on WD? I do have a bunch of ND to go through to grab all the skystone rewards. I think I decided I'm going to get to 600 bookmarks and keep that in reserve and just pull the rest.

edit: lol guess not just got a flash and a dust in like 6 runs on ND...

Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still so new I only have 2 6*'s so I do have a lot of ceiling on getting the rest of my core to 6*, so the fodder helps right now which I'm also getting from Friendship Summons.

Are catalysts more common on WD? I do have a bunch of ND to go through to grab all the skystone rewards. I think I decided I'm going to get to 600 bookmarks and keep that in reserve and just pull the rest.
I don't think I've seen it said definitively one way or another, I know it's been speculated that world is better overall.

I still burn most of my daily energy on things where I can cart around three fodder and/or wolves; still have plenty of people I need to awaken myself. It's just that if I have still have useful stuff in a side story shop I'm doing it there; otherwise I'm on 2-2 or 2-9. But given the drop rate I don't really expect anything, at least not as a short term goal.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Silver Blade Aramintha looks so much better than ML Sez... would definitely put her on my pvp team.. no immunity set S3, immunity set its cool she's just here for tagehel. Also looks like being a beast in PvE.

Will have my 6th ML summon next reset.... Crimson Armin, Wanda, C. Dominiel, Shadow Rose & Elson being the first 5.... I'm expecting Lorina....

It does make me want to get the rest of the catalysts from Charles' side story even though I don't have a use for them now.

Would 100% buy all catalysts from Side Story shop, even if you don't have the side story character you never know when you'll get a character who needs those mats. Example, say you don't want or can't get Charles so why should you buy his catalysts, side story is over, you do a mystic summon and pull Silver Blade Aramintha... who's a Gemini.... just like Charles is..... ouch.

Last edited:

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Based on fighting against him he's pretty good in GW defence

Got him off the daily summon today. Interestingly, the blue librarian appeared on the right before the summon turned gold. Probably the first nat 5 I got that I wasn't excited for. I already have a giant list of chars that I want to gear and level (Tamarinne, Tenebria, Shadow Rose, Celestial Mercedes amongst others), so it'll be a while before i get to him. Bellona and Iseria are probably the only ones that have a chance of jumping the queue.

In other news, I took down the last raid sub-boss (Devourer Arakhan) using .... (drumroll) Dingo! Worked surprisingly well since he has a full team cleanse and cd-reduction. having an aoe that triggers off S1 also helps.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Catalyst farming is not fun...need 5 dreamtime circuits for Luna and so does everyone in my Guild so no luck in getting aid. Did get aid to get Lidica to 5* awoken, slowly building her for 6*. I've had more student ID's drop than dreamtimes, oh well.

6*'d Angelica last night, hasn't really made a noticeable improvement to my team but shes only level 54 and I did it mostly for content later. Stuck at Krau on WD 9-2, having trouble with two of the Breath of Orbis on WD (5 and 8). Abyss 54 seems insurmountable right now with my team, I have no good AOE.

Hit Master in Arena, Lidica/Luna/Fluri/Destina seems to be a pretty solid team, I can immediately knock someone back with Lidica, then erase someone with Luna and then bait the healer all usually befor they get a move. By then only two of them get their S3's off before Destina moves so I can wipe out their debuffs and carry on.

I need to gear up at this point, but I'm torn between farming for catalysts or just farming Wyvern. I'll probably see a better improvement through gear at this point vs awakening Luna?

Sitting at 492 bookmarks, torn between just tearing through them to help round out my roster vs waiting for the next limited run.
I feel your pain... I farm for the catalyst and couldn't do it the effort wasn't worth the reward. I farmed all day and it was only 3 I quit after that

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to get Runes? Spirit Alter? The specialty characters need so many of them. Spirit Alter gives so few per run.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
How is Clarissa for farming? I'm thinking of the next unit I enhance. I have Luna for DPS at 6* and Destina as a tank/healer at 6*. Figured I could use a farmer with AOE stuff.

Was thinking Clarissa or Dingo.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
How is Clarissa for farming? I'm thinking of the next unit I enhance. I have Luna for DPS at 6* and Destina as a tank/healer at 6*. Figured I could use a farmer with AOE stuff.

Was thinking Clarissa or Dingo.
Clarissa is literally made for farming. It's practically the only thing she's good at (besides cleaving in arena). Just stack her attack, crit chance, and crit damage as high as you can go and watch her fly through stages.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
What's the best way to get Runes? Spirit Alter? The specialty characters need so many of them. Spirit Alter gives so few per run.

I made it halfway through Fluris and it actually deterred me from doing Lorina's. I stopped for now to do other stuff and am just going to spam life runes as aid request in my guild and do it gradually. People seem more than happy to donate runes to get the guild currency and I figure I can pull 30 or so a week from that lol.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I made it halfway through Fluris and it actually deterred me from doing Lorina's. I stopped for now to do other stuff and am just going to spam life runes as aid request in my guild and do it gradually. People seem more than happy to donate runes to get the guild currency and I figure I can pull 30 or so a week from that lol.

I farmed the Green Spirit Alter all day and feel like I barely scratched the surface with Kluri. Lol. I watched someone do Hazel's skill tree and it took 410 great runes and 40 Epic Runes.

They could have done an Archer for the change. This will be the 3rd Warrior.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
They could have done an Archer for the change. This will be the 3rd Warrior.

I think I'm going to hold off on C Lorina completely. I like her dark attribute but really with Luna I have that single target DPS that'll mostly work. I haven't gotten her to Level 50 yet so I haven't even started the massive grind of her specialty change.

Be curious to see what Rikoris gets but I don't have him.

I'm on the cusp of needing Epic Runes for Fluri and that is where I stopped, I got all of the skills like Extra Turn and ally combat readiness enabled but not maxed out.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
So I got Celestial Mercedes from my last ML summon while she isn't great (looks good though) , I have those Memory imprints from Mercedes saved and now have to face the dilemma , which one I use the memory imprints? Or I should wait to see where the game goes? Mercedes is a Main character like Ras , so I expect they do something with them like a SC. C Mercedes have crit rate memory imprint for everyone and Mercedes Att %. Any thoughts?

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Moonlight summons. I think I'm over them. Think I'll go with the 4-5* ticket the next 6 Gold Transit Stones I get.

Not sure I could handle getting a 3rd Celeste in a row.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Moonlight summons. I think I'm over them. Think I'll go with the 4-5* ticket the next 6 Gold Transit Stones I get.

Not sure I could handle getting a 3rd Celeste in a row.

My ML summon track record sucks too ( up to the ninth were all 3*) , the 4-5* ticket is only worth if you don't have many 4* , because if you do have many of them the chance to get dupes is very high and it will equally suck to get 4* dupes unless it's a good imprint / unit

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Speaking of dupes, I received my first 5* dupe today from the daily. Guess I've been lucky not to get them so far, but wow... what a gut punch. Condolences to everyone having gone through that before. I get it now.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
My ML summon track record sucks too ( up to the ninth were all 3*) , the 4-5* ticket is only worth if you don't have many 4* , because if you do have many of them the chance to get dupes is very high and it will equally suck to get 4* dupes unless it's a good imprint / unit

15% for a 5* though right? That's pretty good. Also ML units don't seem as broken as one would think.
Speaking of dupes, I received my first 5* dupe today from the daily. Guess I've been lucky not to get them so far, but wow... what a gut punch. Condolences to everyone having gone through that before. I get it now.

My first 5* after the reroll was a dupe Destina. That sucked. It took a long time to come too.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
15% for a 5* though right? That's pretty good. Also ML units don't seem as broken as one would think.

My first 5* after the reroll was a dupe Destina. That sucked. It took a long time to come too.

Yes 15% , but in the end it depends on your luck, the same goes for ML summons a 4* star is 27.5% (doesn't feel like it though lol) higher than the 5* chance on the ticket, it's hard to make a decision when the outcome depends on RNG, in the end the odds are against you in both situations

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yes 15% , but in the end it depends on your luck, the same goes for ML summons a 4* star is 27.5% (doesn't feel like it though lol) higher than the 5* chance on the ticket, it's hard to make a decision when the outcome depends on RNG, in the end the odds are against you in both situations

Not many ML units look worth it for me. I got Wanderer Silk but regular Silk seems better so I might just feed ML to regular for more attack.

Shadow Rose is probably the only ML 4* I would want. Most of the 3* units seem bad. Axe is ugly so I don't want him. And a lot of the regular 5* units feel better than their moonlight counterparts.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Not many ML units look worth it for me. I got Wanderer Silk but regular Silk seems better so I might just feed ML to regular for more attack.

Shadow Rose is probably the only ML 4* I would want. Most of the 3* units seem bad. Axe is ugly so I don't want him. And a lot of the regular 5* units feel better than their moonlight counterparts.

Most of the ML units are extremely good, albeit situational. However, out of the 5* ML units, only Dark Corvus and Specimen Sez are underwhelming, the rest range from strong to broken af.

For 4* ML units, C. Armin, G. Purrgis, W. Schuri, A. Cartuja, C. Dominiel, and S. Rose are all game-changing in PVP

Status
Not open for further replies.