• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Most of the ML units are extremely good, albeit situational. However, out of the 5* ML units, only Dark Corvus and Specimen Sez are underwhelming, the rest range from strong to broken af.

For 4* ML units, C. Armin, G. Purrgis, W. Schuri, A. Cartuja, C. Dominiel, and S. Rose are all game-changing in PVP

Got C Armin on my first moonlight, Dont do furry characters, would rather have regular Schuri, again dont mess with furrys, Dominial seems situational and needs a very specific team, and would love Shadow Rose.

As far as 5* I would rather have regular Vildred, Regular Sez, Kise could go either way. But I don't consider a 5* ML even in the equation considering how rare they are and doing like 1 ML a month.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Not many ML units look worth it for me. I got Wanderer Silk but regular Silk seems better so I might just feed ML to regular for more attack.

Shadow Rose is probably the only ML 4* I would want. Most of the 3* units seem bad. Axe is ugly so I don't want him. And a lot of the regular 5* units feel better than their moonlight counterparts.

So go for the ticket I guess , I've been there too , but as I have most of the common 4* (there is only 5 I don't have and from these only one I want in this case Achates) I gave up on the idea , obviously if you manage to get a 5* from it it might be worth , I wish you luck.

Oct 25, 2017
the only 4* or higher ML ive gotten so far is SS Achates. I'd really like S Rose or C Dominiel, and Judge Kise is my most wanted unit I dont have.

Those are long shots, but ill keep getting the galaxy bookmarks just cuz they are my only shot at them. At least this Doris and Wanda I have some interest in building down the line.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
You have bad taste. You probably think Ras is handsome too.
crfEIkq.png

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
MC are literally never good in these kinds of games, because they want to make sure you are required to pull the gacha in order to have a usable team.

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
Man, i still can't get Charles, he's one of my favorite looking characters too. I didn't get Violet, Luna or Lidica either, so if I don't get charles, ill prob take a hiatus from this game lol.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Cleared Abyss 54-56 today, the boots rolled almost all effectiveness ):

Also cleared Wyvern 9, 6* Angelica is starting to pull her weight now even though I haven't geared her up much beyond stacking HP. All my Abyss gear is going to Lidica so far, I think she's my next 6* over Fluri.

Made it to 605 bookmarks too so I'll start pulling again with the spares, probably go with the regular banner instead of Charles.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Have to say gear progression can feel like a weird catch 22 situation in this game, particularly necks and rings. I would like to farm Wyvern 11 but I need better defensive gear so I need to farm Golem 11. But I need better offensive gear so I need to farm Wyvern 11, and so on. If gear change was free, while a pain in the arse, I could at least make four good sets and swap them in and out.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Tell you what - I've gotten a lot of good gear for healers from Wyvern 11... that are Critical Hit sets.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Arena finally got hard in Master for me. No more pushover matches, I kinda want the skystone rewards for ranking up, but I also might just tank back down into Gold for easier Conquest Currency until I can build up the rest of my team.

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Have to say gear progression can feel like a weird catch 22 situation in this game, particularly necks and rings. I would like to farm Wyvern 11 but I need better defensive gear so I need to farm Golem 11. But I need better offensive gear so I need to farm Wyvern 11, and so on. If gear change was free, while a pain in the arse, I could at least make four good sets and swap them in and out.
This is precisely why it costs gold to change gear in the first place. They definitely don't want you to just farm 4 sets of gear and swap them around as you need to. They don't ever want you to be "done" grinding gear.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
This is precisely why it costs gold to change gear in the first place. They definitely don't want you to just farm 4 sets of gear and swap them around as you need to. They don't ever want you to be "done" grinding gear.

I honestly think its just to monetize gold, otherwise all of these costs would be less devastating, no idea what the hell they were thinking otherwise when they set the cost of gear enhancement, I personally think that should go entirely.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
I honestly think its just to monetize gold, otherwise all of these costs would be less devastating, no idea what the hell they were thinking otherwise when they set the cost of gear enhancement, I personally think that should go entirely.
Nope, Silent is right. The game, at it's heart, is quite literally a gear farming game. That *is* what endgame is. It is nothing else but gear farming. What would you do after getting your 4 sets that you could freely moving around? There would -- very literally -- be nothing left.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I wouldnt mind it as much if you could make meaningful progress. Time gating or what have you doesnt bother me much but the layers of RNG are demoralising.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I agree with Pancake it is just to monetize gold, they could put a cooldown for gear change and it would have the same effect as the gold cost have now without the gold cost lol and in a game you want to test out new characters it's just to squeeze more money from the players by others means, I got Charles and after I got him I know I will not be using him that much because I simple don't have gear now and it will take some time to consider gear him up because I have others priorities in the game at the moment which is sad ...

And if you have the gear already farmed , obviously you would focus on doing events , dailies , challenges not waste time farming gear and wait for new things to come to roll for , they don't want that , they want you to struggle , because that's one of the things that makes people consider to pay for things like gold or molagoras or even energy ...

Last edited:

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
And still no new Arena gear.

I dunno. Yeah, there's a new hunt, new ML summons, and a new Specialty, but it's starting to feel a little lackluster. Probably just me. And I know it's because they're working on something big, so we're in a holding pattern of sorts, but eh.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the game feels very stale at the moment. Other gacha help fill the void. Just doing dailies atm plus whatever I feel like.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

My only light units.... Crimson Armin & Elson.....

But I'm guessing Dark units will be able to go alright..... so that gives me Shadow Rose, C Dom, Pyllis, Wanda and I can always work on Lorina....

Might actually be worth finishing Lorina now, I'm sure a Light enemy based hunt will happen in the future now.

Memory enhancement update is real nice, I just SSS Aither yesterday for room... so if I pull a Guider Aither next ML pull... just feed him to get SSS. Safe to just imprint heroes together now, instead of what If they release an ML version... or maybe more accurately what if I pull the ML version.

Rikoris change is cool but don't really care that much since I don't have him.....

But the next 3 Spec changes should be good hopefully since everyone has copies of Adlay, Helga and Mont.

And still no new Arena gear.

I dunno. Yeah, there's a new hunt, new ML summons, and a new Specialty, but it's starting to feel a little lackluster. Probably just me. And I know it's because they're working on something big, so we're in a holding pattern of sorts, but eh.

With the changes to equipment last week it's only worth buying potential arena gear if it's a neck or ring..... not expecting to be higher than 71 like the last side story rewards.... I mean like if they give us a 71 Epic health chest... like you wouldn't just hunt/craft an Rare/Heroic 85 piece of gear that's way better.

They're working on a new continent, I think you're expecting a little too much from a just another weekly update that wasn't hyped up at all. This update adds more than some monthly updates for other gatcha games I'm playing.....

Yeah the game feels very stale at the moment. Other gacha help fill the void. Just doing dailies atm plus whatever I feel like.

Don't really feel like you can have any gatcha game as your sole gatcha... otoh playing 4 like me is kinda dumb.....

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
With the changes to equipment last week it's only worth buying potential arena gear if it's a neck or ring..... not expecting to be higher than 71 like the last side story rewards.... I mean like if they give us a 71 Epic health chest... like you wouldn't just hunt/craft an Rare/Heroic 85 piece of gear that's way better.

They're working on a new continent, I think you're expecting a little too much from a just another weekly update that wasn't hyped up at all. This update adds more than some monthly updates for other gatcha games I'm playing.....

Hah, I knew someone would toss a 'expecting too much' comment my way, and I'll readily admit that you're right. Nevertheless, here we are.

The S1 arena gear is still something I readily use, so I'm expecting S2 set to be just as viable. And since part of the enjoyment for me from this game comes from gearing up more than 4 individuals, a solid set with solid specs will absolutely be put into good use.

That said, I haven't really heavily been running the hunt since the gear changes, but I'm just about done farming the side-story and looking to fix that next.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
That Rik SC seems extremely lackluster. Especially for a ml 3 star sc (I mean look at axe).

Like I thought he's supposed to be the "Light" bruiser but he just seems really.. bad. I think he needed more than this, especially since he was already nerfed.

Maybe multipliers with change with the SC?

E: to clarify, he was already a support, but all of his changes except for the stun on s3 are oriented towards a bruiser kit, but not really because he doesn't have extra scaling with anything. And his base stats are not even that great at all.
Wow the more I look at it, the worse it gets.

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I think Captain Rik's niche is going to be Arena and this new hunt. Everyone's already saying immunity is the new meta and Rik not only counters that he more than likely stuns the next enemy that's about to go. If that hits a CR pusher that's massive..... whole team will fall apart.

And for the new hunt he gets +20% damage against Dark element, a 30% chance to inflict additional damage against Dark element.

He's not part of a holy trinity like he used to be but he'll have his niche in a few spots which is a far better position than right now.

Hah, I knew someone would toss a 'expecting too much' comment my way, and I'll readily admit that you're right. Nevertheless, here we are.

The S1 arena gear is still something I readily use, so I'm expecting S2 set to be just as viable. And since part of the enjoyment for me from this game comes from gearing up more than 4 individuals, a solid set with solid specs will absolutely be put into good use.

That said, I haven't really heavily been running the hunt since the gear changes, but I'm just about done farming the side-story and looking to fix that next.

You can farm/craft better gear from Golem (assuming it's health set like S1 gear was) in far less time than it would take to amass 1200 conquest points. With heroric and rare gear you can even better target the stats that get buffed compared to epic gear.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I think Captain Rik's niche is going to be Arena and this new hunt. Everyone's already saying immunity is the new meta and Rik not only counters that he more than likely stuns the next enemy that's about to go. If that hits a CR pusher that's massive..... whole team will fall apart.

And for the new hunt he gets +20% damage against Dark element, a 30% chance to inflict additional damage against Dark element.

He's not part of a holy trinity like he used to be but he'll have his niche in a few spots which is a far better position than right now.

You can farm/craft better gear from Golem (assuming it's health set like S1 gear was) in far less time than it would take to amass 1200 conquest points. With heroric and rare gear you can even better target the stats that get buffed compared to epic gear.

I mean, that's what I was thinking too, but then you realize that his speed is shit and he'll never outspeed a roozid/rose, which means you need a pusher yourself.

I guess he'd be the follow-up strip to allow you to debuff next turn, but feels like you should just go for buffs/dmg instead since you can get shit on by the strip getting resisted.

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The low rates make it feel like a mistake to get excited about new units to the normal pool, new units to the ML pool might as well almost not exist.

like you wouldn't just hunt/craft an Rare/Heroic 85 piece of gear that's way better.

Considering I haven't hunted or crafted an 85 piece of gear that's comparable never mind "way better" than the Season 1 arena gear then yes, I'd say you wouldn't. Then again despite playing since launch I can't clear any of the stage 11 hunts so perhaps I'm just shit and people who can are swimming in perfectly itemised gear ;)

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Don't have Rikoris and sincerely after seeing this still don't want him lol

New hunt is good , now I can try to farm some Rage set and see on practice if it is the best option as someone pointed out for some characters , I'm still doubtful though

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Someone over on reddit has been doing fairly in-depth analyses and the rage set generally ranks fairly high for DPS units. Though I think the analysis is done considering optimal gear and substats.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Someone over on reddit has been doing fairly in-depth analyses and the rage set generally ranks fairly high for DPS units. Though I think the analysis is done considering optimal gear and substats.

It is the best because it's another multiplier entirely (unless it stacks with stuff like Kal'adra, which even then still makes it good)

But you need to have debuffs up consistently. Which can happen with units like Surin/Kluri but you still run into the resist roulette where if you miss, your dmg dips.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Immunity sets are already pretty easy to get and while they are a problem when I run into them (and I use one myself) they are rare enough that I just shrug and move on. I haven't cared about going past Challenger IV in weeks though. When I run into an Immunity Diene all I can think about is how I use a level 1 slime on defense 6 days of the week while these people instead gimp a god tier PVE character just to anonymously troll.

Anyways, pretty disappointed by the Rikoris SC. I got mine to 50, but now I'm not sure what I'll do with him. I was hoping he'd be given more support abilities. If I want a dispeller in PVP I've already got other options like Yufine, Hurado and Romann.

Pretty lame patch overall but we'll see how hard the Azimanus hunt is. If I have a good team for it I'd be happy to farm up a Rage set for Chloe.

Just baffling at this point how long the 'pre-season' for arena and GW are going on. I don't know why they're doing it this way but it's crazy to me they won't say anything. Why take the Slate out of the shop so early in this case?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
"Using a SSS Hero to Memory Imprint another Hero, thus bringing that Hero to SSS, does not count towards the Memory Chain Reputation "Reliable Support."

Does this mean if you use a SSS normal unit to SSS a ML version you wont get any memory chain rep for it?

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
"Using a SSS Hero to Memory Imprint another Hero, thus bringing that Hero to SSS, does not count towards the Memory Chain Reputation "Reliable Support."

Does this mean if you use a SSS normal unit to SSS a ML version you wont get any memory chain rep for it?

Seems unclear. Perhaps only doing so on a unit you already SSSed once will not count towards the quest, so ML still should. Someone would have to try.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Worth building up Axe or Lorina as a specialty change? Pulled Axe this morning and have the catalysts to do the change immediately. Both are dark and I can probably only stomach the grind of dark runes for one...I have Luna, Lidica, Angelica, and Fluri as my main team atm.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The new hunt sounds interesting, I wonder how stage 11 will work out. I won't be able to field a full light team but I should be able to field two or three(will have to look into leveling ml silk). Hopefully I can manage that one as building up some units for rage on Golem might work better than speed for auto.
Any tips for Dark Corvus? ; ; Labyrinth pls
Yeah Dark Corvus can be rough. If you have people that can boost your teams CR or lower his directly or through speed buffs/debuffs that can help. Another thing that might help would be to use percentage based damage; ie, daydream joker on your dps, people with poison, or Arky spam. I think early on when I fought him in world it came down to him killing the less essential people first and barely eking out the win.

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
While I am recovering from a cold I caught this week, I managed to 6 star Luna so my two main attackers (Luna and Ravi) are 6 star. I guess I'll 6star Angelica next and try to figure out what to put as my permanent 4th (current candidates are Fluri, Armin, C.Dom, Lorina, Violet, Tam, and Vildred). I also got Etica'S Scepter, but have no mage of note to equip it to.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Love how they are making a dark based hunt when every light based hero is trash at DPS. Makes perfect sense and great priorities.

Rikoris' SC looks underwhelming. I suppose he gets to take the mantle of best light based DPS or something because the won't be able to one turn dispel with his 3* stats.

At least I can replace some poor unity gear on Bellona, though.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Love how they are making a dark based hunt when every light based hero is trash at DPS. Makes perfect sense and great priorities.

Rikoris' SC looks underwhelming. I suppose he gets to take the mantle of best light based DPS or something because the won't be able to one turn dispel with his 3* stats.

At least I can replace some poor unity gear on Bellona, though.
We don't know the mechanics. The fight could not require a lot of damage dealing.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
90% of pre-80 Abyss and Council in the raid are some off the top of my head.
Most of the actually difficult post 50 abyss levels can be cheezed with Kiris because of high DPS requirements and poison scaling.

And I want to say 2 members of the council are essentially DPS races. Vera, and Karkanis. I can't agree with you.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck is "Match cancelled due to extended stalemate"? Just got it during a guild war battle and got a draw from it.

Status
Not open for further replies.