• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Hmm thanks for the ideas, I started trying out that strategy last night since I have Lidica. I don't have other great AOE, only thing I can think of is Haste or Tenebria and I could definitely build Haste up for speed but I'm not sure he hits hard enough to put units within Axe's S2 damage range. Maybe a really fast Tenebria because with a DEF break that could allow Axe to have a harder hitting S2.

I'm also curious how he performs on defense since he'll obviously use S3 first.

metaprogram's post to me reads like "if you combine him with these three OP units, he's awesome", lol.
I agree, Haste might not hit hard enough if you build him up for speed (instead of ATK). I own Haste, and he's mostly amazing (to me) because of the heal his S2 provides, he heals more than Hazel in my golem team, but his DPS output is... it's okay. To be fair, the AoE it's actually good in comparison, but not sure. Bellona feels like she hits harder. XD
If you just need him to bruise people, that might be enough, if you give Axe Dude enough oomph to make up for it.

I haven't build Tenebria yet, but seeing as both her S3 and S2 are AoE with a chance to lower defense (S3) and decrease combat readiness (S2), this sounds more like it could imitate what metaprogram has achieved.
Her base speed is even lower than Haste's though, but her attack is a lot higher to make up for it. You could build her for speed with better results, I'd wager. Not sure how high her speed would need to be for her to go first reliably in a defense team. Tough call.

Do you have Bellona? She has high speed and her S3 deals DEF break quite reliably first thing in most battles, maybe that's enough when combined with Lidica's damage?
I don't have Lidica, but I'm also considering building the Axe guy (have his specialty change in progress), so report back how he worked out for you.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Haste is a jack-of-all-trades, master-of-none.

He has heal block, which is useful, but niche.
He has vampirism, which while useful, only really benefits heavy hitters.
He has bleed, which does damage, but pales in comparison to burn.
He has AoE, but actually benefits from being used against one or two targets.

He's someone you can slot into almost any fire team but never excel, except if you need a reliable heal block.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
metaprogram's post to me reads like "if you combine him with these three OP units, he's awesome", lol.
I agree, Haste might not hit hard enough if you build him up for speed (instead of ATK). I own Haste, and he's mostly amazing (to me) because of the heal his S2 provides, he heals more than Hazel in my golem team, but his DPS output is... it's okay. To be fair, the AoE it's actually good in comparison, but not sure. Bellona feels like she hits harder. XD
If you just need him to bruise people, that might be enough, if you give Axe Dude enough oomph to make up for it.

I haven't build Tenebria yet, but seeing as both her S3 and S2 are AoE with a chance to lower defense (S3) and decrease combat readiness (S2), this sounds more like it could imitate what metaprogram has achieved.
Her base speed is even lower than Haste's though, but her attack is a lot higher to make up for it. You could build her for speed with better results, I'd wager. Not sure how high her speed would need to be for her to go first reliably in a defense team. Tough call.

Do you have Bellona? She has high speed and her S3 deals DEF break quite reliably first thing in most battles, maybe that's enough when combined with Lidica's damage?
I don't have Lidica, but I'm also considering building the Axe guy (have his specialty change in progress), so report back how he worked out for you.

Unfortunately started playing after the Bella and Diene banners, I'll probably never see them. She'd be perfect for this.

Right now I've been mostly just bruising it out in PvP and relying on Lidica to push back cleave teams and screw up their rhythms. But if she's too slow (only at 195) I usually get stomped so I've been growing more interested in building a cleave comp. Axe God opens the door for that slightly and is an improvement over my 4th slot going to Fluri. I think you could swap Lidica for Fluri, they serve similar purposes, but Lidica getting Damage Null and also providing damage I think has more utility. I target Bellona teams all the time and push her back with Lidica and then follow up with Axe's S2 to kill Bellona and get a free turn. By then he's defense broke another unit and Luna can sweep up the rest of the match. I think it'll push me through Master but once I start to see higher speeds I need a complete gear retool to get Lidica faster. Same with Axe God, I basically just have the Abyss gear on him.

Haven't invested any molas yet but I think I will after playing around with him a lot, he can hit a lot harder with mola investment.

NUryJka.jpg

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone think that the game's balance would be too out of whack if they removed the 15% base chance to resist debuffs and it solely relied on effect resistance/chance to land?

It just feels like the difference between applying and removing buffs and debuffs is too much. Buffs just "happen" except for the very minor case of having the cannot buff debuff. And cleansing debuffs is "free" too, as in there's no chance of missing it.

Meanwhile, for debuffs you have to go through 1. Chance to land debuff (sometimes not 100%), 2. Chance to resist debuff from effect resist, and 3. Chance to resist debuff (base). It's so many fucking hurdles to get through to land something that can easily be cleansed. And even stripping buffs goes through this same process. The only time it's guaranteed is with stuff like Ken's Def Break with Vigor, or Kluri's Soulburned S3, but again that just feels like it costs too much.

I don't even want to think about facing high-tier arena with crimson armin + 150 effect resist and having hurado strips missing every time cause even if you have 150 effectiveness you still get screwed by 15%. Feels like you deserve to have your debuffs always land at some point of investment.

E: I haven't seen any gachas that don't have this implemented, so if anyone has played one that doesn't and could explain if the meta would be better/worse with/without it, would love to read why.
Nope, the hidden unremovable 15% effect resist remains completely ridiculous. I think this is actually the first the first gacha I've played that had it, it might also be the first gacha where I had to gear for effectiveness. It's still annoying in PVP, I care less about pvp in general, but it really annoys me in PVE where I know how much effectiveness I need and it can just not matter; if it didn't exist I'd have actually beaten abyss 85 for example.

I guess FFBE has ailment resistances but there really isn't a way to reduce them for the enemy, outside of charm/stop ribbons stop all ailments. The gameplay setup is completely different so maybe not directly comparable. PVP is a lot less stressful there, as long as I don't attack any of super whale teams at the top, I can generally choose a team and just have them repeat for however many battles. They also limit the max damage an ability can do on it's own to 1k, where the chaining mechanic allows you to push it higher. So a lot of offense teams just end up chaining long multi-hit aoe attacks, which the enemy ai is rare to do; at worst it gets annoying if you click on a team with aoe cover tanks with counter attacks. It's certainly a more peaceful pvp that I don't feel the need to pay attention to; the way it's set up is feels fairly heavily weighted towards the player.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

He's someone you can slot into almost any fire team but never excel, except if you need a reliable heal block.

It's true, but I really enjoy him, especially as mentioned, because he provides great heal if you run a team with good damage dealers and target slow bosses that don't run turns fast enough to get rid of vampirism before your team gets a few hits in.
What I'm saying is, that he's great in golem, and almost makes up for my lack of proper tank (Azeria is underated though) and competent healer there. Jack of all Trades for the win!

The worst thing about vampirism is that the debuff won't land if the team is at max health, lol. I'm almost considering not bringing Hazel at all, but Wondrous Potion Vial is a must for my Golem Team atm.
FYI: My golem team sucks and can just about auto Golem 7, so I'm just speaking for myself. I blame my equipment, two level 41 pieces on Haste and accessories not leveled are pretty obviously holding me back. My equipment on Baal and on Azeria is also not properly leveled and my Hazel not fully runed after specialty change yet. I have too many units to build and JUST pulled Charlotte from my daily free pull, I'm crying.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Japanese Server PV:

YoStar is handling it. It'd be really cool if they could get Japanese VAs in this.

Pls get Sugita to voice Krau, it'd be perfect.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Yostar is quite nice in Azur Lane if there isn't an IP block depending on how they handle it, it might be better to play on the japanese servers. I wonder if we will have access to the japanese language pack too.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The fact that they don't even have a date leads me to believe they'll have their own client.

Doesn't matter how generous they are when they're going to be a year behind everyone else.

Suffer, Japan. Suffer as the rest of the world has.

Also, Yostar's generosity involving Azur Lane is because it's a totally different kind of game. It's a collectathon game with costumes. They don't need to be stingy with summons when their main monetization model is premium-only costumes.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I'd expect they wouldn't run on the same client as us but that also means it's unlikely as hell we'd get the JP voices.

I'm cool with the english voices now. They grated on my nerves back when I was using Tieria a lot. But now I don't think I want to give up EXCUSE ME and PUNISH THE CORRUPT

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
That sweet level 88 gear.... gimme gimme.

1g8xcfmhf5r21.jpg

Ring please.

Also wonder if we get that new Zerato as a challenge reward?

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Navigated the seas of Tanabae to get myself a Krau.... thanks for your services Crozet but they are no longer required.

Oh so it does use conquest points as well, I now regret blowing mine on charms

You'll probably build them up before you get enough crests anyway, but still I want to see the prices.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I would be surprised if each 88 piece costs less than 1200 glory crests. They aren't going to make this stuff easy to get. I mean, I just bought my first 88 hell raid piece last night and it took 10 weeks of farming (plus one more week to enter and buy it).

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
As long as I don't have to move out of low masters to get all the stuff before the season ends.

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I could play with audio on more often just for Kise and Luna's awesome battle lines, but 99% of my gacha time is on mute out of necessity.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017

I used Haste a lot as my main red dps, as well as a tenderizer in my pvp team, but recently replaced him by Cermia. She's even more reliable for blocking heals, and she hit like she's Luna.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So its conquest and glory points, and all the gear is attack set, which I feel is one of the less used sets. Guaranteed decent gear is nice though. I like Champion Zerato's design.

What does "Improvements have been made to Lidica's posture when waiting for battle. " mean? Did she have a weird idle animation? Feels like there's very little added this week, even by weekly patch standards. Have to say I have zero hype for this mysterious collab.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Oh god two limited on the collab? And here I was so proud of having saved enough for one. Doing some quick math, I should probably be very near at the two pity limit towards the end of the collab, so it's doable, but that means absolutely no summoning whatsoever until then. Welp!

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Attack gear isn't the greatest, but I can use it for Lorina and Luna since its probably better than Lifesteal. plus its lvl 88, while my stuff is more like lvl 70 or lower.

Iseria banner is super tempting. I really like her character and kit, and its really unique. Characters like Luna etc I feel are more easily power-crept since they mainly focus on doing damage, while very few characters has CD reduction and unbuffable. Plus I have a Tamarinne to pair with her for OP shenanigans.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Iseria looks like a great character, but two limited on the collab is going to be tough to scrape enough pulls together for. Hoping the collab is generous with bookmarks and crystals.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
PVP gear takes less glory crests than I thought they would, which is nice. Not sure who I'll put the gear on yet though.

As long as you continue playing the Side Story, you will be able to receive this Hero and their Artifact through various methods, including quest rewards. Outside of this, we also have plans for two other limited collaboration Heroes and accompanying Artifacts.
Total of three collab heroes is nice, but assuming two limited banners that's a lot to scavenge. Collab starts on the 25th and lasts for a month so that's a decent amount of time to build though. Hopefully banner events are as nice as the current, I would like to throw some bookmarks at Iseria.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I have enough to pull for both if I get really unlucky, so I might spend a little on this Iseria one.

Secretly hoping the collab is God of Highschool. Makes sense with the three nat 5s. Tournament setting could be other things though. Dbz, Fate, League etc...

Persona would be the super wild card (I think there's an announcement on the 25th?) But only three characters would be kind of whack (unless it's the three protaganists, then that makes sense).

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I said as much, but I was expecting the S2 gear to cost 3x what it currently does. Attack set is fine by me, I'll be buying every piece. Currently have 4800 conquest and 1100 glory points.

Should be able to get some significant upgrades for Cidd and gear up Cermia. I have my 20th 6* promote ready but not sure who I'll work on next. Since we're a few weeks out for new units and we're getting new Attack set gear, I might do Kayron or Blaze Dingo.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Happy with attack set, I use that quite a lot still. Not too fuzzed about arena anyway, so speed isn't my priority on every single character like most wikis nowadays suggest.
I'm even considering buying the stupid frame, lol. Did they mention how long the season would last this time? I might have missed it in the patch notes.

2 Limited heroes for the collab is tough, if they add them both to the same banner and make the guarantee a 50/50 chance on either, I'm writing off getting both immediately. I have been stupidly lucky with pulls lately, so I don't expect to get anything unless I pay the full 605 bookmarks - I currently have 627, so yeah, that's not going to double any time soon.

I also thought about Persona when they mentioned the 25th by the way.
What about Yakuza Online? I saw some ads for that, when I was in Japan. XD
If it's something that's popular in Korea, I guess God of High School is a pretty good bet. I kinda hope that it's an IP I don't care about, that will make missing out on one of the units sting a lot less.

Also, I want Iseria badly, but I guess I need to save for the limiteds - however, if they re-run Diene next week, I'll take that chance on her.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Man I really need a better healer...
Yeah Iseria looks like a great character, but two limited on the collab is going to be tough to scrape enough pulls together for. Hoping the collab is generous with bookmarks and crystals.

Wow, they are making BOTH limiteds rather than having one be grindable in an event ala Zeno? Lol.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone well-versed in this God of High School crap that could tell me what would be the three likely candidates for units?

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Oh hey, missed this in the dev notes at first:

We are currently considering the possibility of a new Japanese server within the same build as the current servers, along with Japanese translation and voice acting. In this vein, we are working hard to cast Japanese voice actors, which we know many of you have been anticipating, and Heirs will be able to change their media pack in order to freely enjoy high-quality Japanese voice acting themselves.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Man I really need a better healer...

Wow, they are making BOTH limiteds rather than having one be grindable in an event ala Zeno? Lol.
There are three heroes. One you can get through the side story and two through banners
Those who emerge victorious from this Tournament will be able to receive valuable items such as MolaGora, as well as a 5 Star collaboration Hero and their accompanying Artifact. As long as you continue playing the Side Story, you will be able to receive this Hero and their Artifact through various methods, including quest rewards. Outside of this, we also have plans for two other limited collaboration Heroes and accompanying Artifacts.
Given that they each have their own artifact they're likely on separate banners.

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
Another thought for collab would be Tower of God, but there are too many characters in that series that they can choose from besides Bam and Khun Aguero Agnes. Then again, there can be enough characters from that series for a standalone gacha game lol

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
From the way they've talked up the collab I'm expecting league of legends.

Wonder who will pair with Champion Zerato (4 star most likely) for the next ML summons.

PVP gear takes less glory crests than I thought they would, which is nice. Not sure who I'll put the gear on yet though.

Honestly thought that glory crests would be the main issue with getting this gear, really good prices in regards to that.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
God of high school is looking really likely and that's disappointing. I don't care about League of Legends either but that would at least be interesting. Someone on Reddit pointed out that the 25th is the day of a Persona announcement but that seems extremely unlikely...I assume they won't wait until the very last minute to announce the collaboration details either. I expect we'll know next week.

Gonna miss this water gun event and its incredible amount of free leafs. Make sure you do it before it goes away today.

My hail mary raid cache attempts at getting the one molagora I need to max A.Vildred S3 were a bust, oh well. There will be a new daily event tonight but it will probably be a week or more before I can get a molagora from it. No new sidestory either.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

I'm not even actively trying to do it anymore, I just end up with fodder while I'm going after catalysts. A lot of my energy goes to auto wyvern 11 but I still need to do adventure mode to get charms/gear to use to level up other gear. I typically average one a week, sometimes more sometimes less.

Status
Not open for further replies.