• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I posted this in the Discord, and while I don't think the equipment pack is good AT ALL, it's very worrying.

They already sell molagora, and while that is P2W, it is limited in the sense that it's better for expanding your existing roster than it is making game-changing teams, like getting +2 speed to outspeed your opponent.

However, this lets us know they're open to selling gear. And I can't think of another game that once they opened these gates, they didn't go full P2W. Games with equipment or MMO-like games that do this are cesspools.

They need to tread carefully. I actually think selling level 70, set gear for a flat cost would be a good way to sell gear. Catch up for those who haven't been grinding, or for those who want more flexibility in their teams, but not top tier gear so it's avoiding being P2W.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
From the way they've talked up the collab I'm expecting league of legends.

Wonder who will pair with Champion Zerato (4 star most likely) for the next ML summons.

Honestly thought that glory crests would be the main issue with getting this gear, really good prices in regards to that.
True but not that I think about it, since the weekly rewards went from conquest to glory I'll actually have to PVP to get those.

Edit:
I didn't even see the news about the equipment pack. That's some nonsense.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I posted this in the Discord, and while I don't think the equipment pack is good AT ALL, it's very worrying.

They already sell molagora, and while that is P2W, it is limited in the sense that it's better for expanding your existing roster than it is making game-changing teams, like getting +2 speed to outspeed your opponent.

However, this lets us know they're open to selling gear. And I can't think of another game that once they opened these gates, they didn't go full P2W. Games with equipment or MMO-like games that do this are cesspools.

They need to tread carefully. I actually think selling level 70, set gear for a flat cost would be a good way to sell gear. Catch up for those who haven't been grinding, or for those who want more flexibility in their teams, but not top tier gear so it's avoiding being P2W.

I legit thought it was a mistake and they meant charms, not actual equipment. I don't think it's confirmed if the stats are random. People have been saying It's basically rolling for gears without resources you usually use to craft. Which is really weird because if its random then you can get complete garbage.

Either I'm missing something here or they haven't fully explained it yet.

E: so it looks like you can choose your set, but the stats are random. And the pieces are random as well.

To be honest, this looks like a way to get new players/whales up to speed and I think that's ok. Seems like it's similar to SW.

Last edited:

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
The new equipment pack definitely seems P2W, but the kind of players that would fuck with those odds are the same kind packing full 5* ML teams in arena as is. As in not someone I'll ever fuck with. Keep financing the game for me, I am okay with that.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
it's not the full 5* ML team you should be worried about, I pretty much have that from just being a luckshitter. It's the fucker who has been refreshing auto hunt 11 for so long they have a 270 speed Hurado, Judith, or Roozid. ML Aramintha is bad news sure but when you have enough gear you can put any heavy hitter in that slot. I once watched a Clarissa kill my entire team in one hit including my 13k hp, non def broken Roozid.

Paying for random mid tier gear is whatever, as Ein said it'd be fine as a catchup. But it's a slippery slope that ends up with them selling 60 speed boots for $139.99.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So in this quote are they talking about the collab or E7?

"we kindly ask for your understanding that we can not disclose exactly what kind of collaboration we have in store for you. It is a very nice game. It is a very nice game. It is a very nice game."

Seems to me the collab would be another game. That would cut out God of High School wouldn't it?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
so what other dumbasses spent their conquest points on charms...
I did exactly this last week.

Anyone well-versed in this God of High School crap that could tell me what would be the three likely candidates for units?

Jin Mo-Ri is the main character. They may just have him as he was at the start of the manwha but I'd say it's much more likely to have him as he is below (which is fairly spoilery)

c62f1cb3b286ae777f524ee2dbb8ec83.jpg

The other two protagonists are Han Dae-Wi

latest

and Yu Mi-Ra

latest

Though I'd imagine they'd probably use her appearance from later in the comic

latest

I would be unsurprsied if Han Dae-Wi got the boot in favour of Uma for, well, obvious Epic 7 reasons

latest

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
So in this quote are they talking about the collab or E7?

"we kindly ask for your understanding that we can not disclose exactly what kind of collaboration we have in store for you. It is a very nice game. It is a very nice game. It is a very nice game."

Seems to me the collab would be another game. That would cut out God of High School wouldn't it?

Well, they recently launched the global version for the God of High School mobile game, so it's not unlikely that they might want to cross-promote?

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Iseria is great, have her since my reroll without any regrets for the choice , while it's a bait banner, it's worth to roll for her a little if you have enough saved I guess , but two limited heroes is a lot of BMS , I think I have one and half pity saved for it, need 300 more which is doable , and next week we will probably have another old heroes banner I guess. Another thing is if the two limited are in the same pool , it might getting things complicated ...

Equipment pack , is a little worrying if it's low tier gear to help new players ok , but if it is gear on par with the best around , I think it's a huge mistake and the game is going full P2W

Last edited:

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
it's not the full 5* ML team you should be worried about, I pretty much have that from just being a luckshitter. It's the fucker who has been refreshing auto hunt 11 for so long they have a 270 speed Hurado, Judith, or Roozid. ML Aramintha is bad news sure but when you have enough gear you can put any heavy hitter in that slot. I once watched a Clarissa kill my entire team in one hit including my 13k hp, non def broken Roozid.

Paying for random mid tier gear is whatever, as Ein said it'd be fine as a catchup. But it's a slippery slope that ends up with them selling 60 speed boots for $139.99.

One luckshitter wouldn't be a problem, but the majority of those peaking in arena probably acquired their characters by other means: cold, hard cash.

Thanks for the run-down. Well, these designs do absolutely nothing for me.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Conquest Points shouldn't be hard to keep up with due to dispatch missions. The Glory quests are going to take 3-4 weeks for me per piece of gear, I need a better Arena squad.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Guess I need to bite the bullet and hit Challenger for Glory Crests even though I would prefer to stay in Masters :-/

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Conquest Points shouldn't be hard to keep up with due to dispatch missions. The Glory quests are going to take 3-4 weeks for me per piece of gear, I need a better Arena squad.

3-4 weeks? So you're in bronze or silver?

How I'd climb to Challenger on a budget: first get some combination of Judith, Roozid and Helga (pick two) - no need to level them past the point where they get their speed awakenings. Roozid and Helga come with +8 speed memory imprints. Use that and consolidate ALL your best speed gear to try and hit 210+ and have the other buffer close behind.

From earlier posts I think you've got Tenebria and Axegod. That's a fine setup right there, have Tenebria go before axe and pick on teams with red/green/ML damage dealers. Buff them up, drag them forward with your Judith or Roozid, attack up with Helga, then def break and AOE your way to victory. Just, uh, don't fight Hurado with that.

You may have other options, I don't know what you have, but I see teams like that in the top ranks of Challenger all the time and they aren't hard at all to set up. How far you climb is limited by your speed and how geared your big hitter is.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
3-4 weeks? So you're in bronze or silver?

How I'd climb to Challenger on a budget: first get some combination of Judith, Roozid and Helga (pick two) - no need to level them past the point where they get their speed awakenings. Roozid and Helga come with +8 speed memory imprints. Use that and consolidate ALL your best speed gear to try and hit 210+ and have the other buffer close behind.

From earlier posts I think you've got Tenebria and Axegod. That's a fine setup right there, have Tenebria go before axe and pick on teams with red/green/ML damage dealers. Buff them up, drag them forward with your Judith or Roozid, attack up with Helga, then def break and AOE your way to victory. Just, uh, don't fight Hurado with that.

You may have other options, I don't know what you have, but I see teams like that in the top ranks of Challenger all the time and they aren't hard at all to set up. How far you climb is limited by your speed and how geared your big hitter is.

I'm in Master III usually, that's 390 per week and it's 1200 per piece of gear. Just seems like my conquest point generation will exceed my glory crest generation. So every three weeks or so for a piece of gear in Master. Or am I mistaken somewhere?

I do badly want to build a cleave team. I have 1200+ bookmarks saved up so I'll get both the collab characters if they are worth it and hopefully one is a good PvP cleaver. I guess I need to bite the bullet or Roozid or Helga, I'm pretty close to SSS on them.

Edit: shit looks like I had the costs backwards. Hopefully season 2 is really long lol, wish I had hadn't dumped a bunch of crests into charms for my Abyss 85 gear, oh well, time to ramp up the dispatch missions.

Last edited:

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Haha, yeah. The weekly ranking award no longer gives conquest points, and since I spend 90 each day for the additional energy my daily conquest surplus has been comparatively small.

Arena season 1 was pretty long, but either way I'll have to actively PVP if I want to get those pieces.

Oct 25, 2017
I just went ahead and switched my high command missions to war missions. CP generation gonna be tight to get all pieces. Will need to go back eventually though...need to be able to buy ring and necklace charms

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
So ML Baal & Sezan and ML Rin have been datamined. The former looks absolutely sick, and the latter's skillset absolutely disgusting.

Reddit said:
Sage Baal & Sezan (Light Mage)

Sage Baal fell in love with an ordinary Human named Sezan and locked her soul in a doll to preserve her for himself forever. However, as time passed her soul eroded away, and eventually, she became simply a normal doll.

https://i.imgur.com/G1MhqvY.png

https://i.imgur.com/wKoMy2S.gif

Skills

Evil Spirit's Call

Summons an evil spirit, with a {per(sk_add_rate1)}% chance to put an enemy to sleep for 1 turn.

Cloud of Ruin

Attacks all enemies by summoning storm clouds, with a {per(sk_add_rate2)}% chance to dispel two buffs and a {per(sk_add_rate3)}% chance to put them to sleep. If this skill is available, increases the caster's Combat Readiness by {per(sk_add_rate1)}% at the end of the enemy's turn.

Eye of Death

Attacks with an evil eye, recovering the caster to max Health if the enemy is defeated. Damage dealt increases proportional to the amount of the caster's lost Health.

Soulburn: Skill cooldown is decreased by 2 turns.

Crescent Moon Rin (Dark Assassin)

A dancer at the Crescent Moon Theatre in Savara loved by many for her outstanding beauty, talent, and the mystery that surrounds her true identity. Only a few, including her guardian, Basar, know she is Rin.

https://i.imgur.com/Awu3Tex.png

https://i.imgur.com/pPZfghH.gif

Skills:

Heckle

Attacks the enemy with a ring, granting a random buff to the caster for 1 turn. Soulburn: Grants a random buff to all allies for 2 turns.

Eyecatcher

Attacks the enemy with a lavish dance, stealing two buffs and granting their effects to all allies.

Curtain Call

Crosses rings to attack the enemy, dispelling all of the target's buffs before granting immunity to all allies for 2 turns. Caster is granted an extra turn if the target's buffs have been dispelled.

Last edited:

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
They look/sound great! Another ML pair I can admire from afar and never, ever, ever get. Ever.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That ML Baal & Sezan animation is great. I suppose one good thing about the shit rates are that all the new ML summons dont feel that unattainable because everything feels unattainable (certainly not salty over another Gloomyrain earlier) ;)

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
ML Rin is absolutely insane. Pretty much counters Diene, C Armin, Ruele...

She's still subject to effect resistance and the 15% base fail, but i think you literally just build her full effectiveness/spd/tank as she doesn't scale with anything.
As much as I love what she can do, it does kind of suck that in order to counter those units you'll need an ML 4 instead of just nerfing them :|

Her Soulburn is pretty awesome too.

LOL and she's a thief, you can do some stupid stuff with DD/R&L

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
So is Iseria worth pulling for if I have enough to spare for both limited collab units? She seems to have some neat utility, but another single target DPS/Debuff doesn't really seem to be a need for me. Is her S2 stupid broken with someone like Angelica or Lidica?

Soo I tend to ask questions and then just do things anyway, 50 bookmarks later:

dMI3GY4.jpg

Last edited:

okita

Oct 25, 2017
So is Iseria worth pulling for if I have enough to spare for both limited collab units? She seems to have some neat utility, but another single target DPS/Debuff doesn't really seem to be a need for me. Is her S2 stupid broken with someone like Angelica or Lidica?

You can reset any cooldown of one character and attack on the same turn , meaning if you invest on her S2 you will be capable to reset any cooldown every 4 turns of one of your team (for example you used both S2, S3 from Angelica they won't be up on the next turn you reset it and they both will be up again) and you can change your strategy in the flow of battle going for more offense or defense if necessity changes. And besides that 2 armor breaks on S1 and S3 , dispel on S3 and Cannot buff debuff on S3 too. It's worth , but it's a gamble and collab is near , so as long as you keep this in mind and don't go crazy its ok. If you decide to do so good luck.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017

Pretty much works with anything that has game changing cds. Angelica can be good for emergency immunity in a few fights, and Lidica being able to lock-down two times in a row is pretty good.

Obvious best pair is with Tamarinne for instant idol. And she's really good because she can use Song of Stars and provide set-up for huge burst (Def break + Target).

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
ML Rin!

ML Baal looks really, really strong.

Which pack is this?

Honestly not liking their behavior, they are very slowly implmenting qol changes to naturally help with obtaining gear in the game while more and more filling the shop to tempt people into spending.

Value packs aren't the problem, I actually wished other gatcha games I played did that.

Buy one get one free packs.

Scum

Oct 25, 2017
Ahhhh! So many units that I want to 6* but have no idea where to start. My current 6* are MA Ken, Destina, Diene, Luna, Lidica, Tywin, BB Karin, Karin, Angelica, Cidd, F. Kluri.

Violet, Sez, Yuna, Charles, Charlotte, Rose, Kise, Cecilia, Achates, SS Achates, Rin, Clarissa, Silk, C. Lorina, Kiris, Taranor Guard, S. Rose, W. Schuri, Doris, A. Lots.
Might choose Charles for the next 6*.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Got Iseria! But I'm now down to 1 pity in terms of resources.

ML Baal's backstory seems different to regular Baal; unless he's future Baal who ended up finding another woman named Sezan down the line. His animation is pretty cool though. I'm a bit disappointed in ML Rin's change in skin tone and her ears wrapped in hair look kind of dorky; but her kit looks strong.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017

Soo I tend to ask questions and then just do things anyway, 50 bookmarks later:

dMI3GY4.jpg

Grats!, Her utility is great especially with Tamarinne. I did some rolls myself and on the third one a librarian appeared! Turned out to be Yufine instead. Still a 5* is a 5*.

Was playing around with a Labyrinth morale calculator, and Achates, Commander Lorina, Tamarinne & Iseria together have a whopping 42 morale. Seems nicely balanced too with a nice mix of skills

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, everyone suggests her with Tama, someone I don't have since that is when I started playing. I'll keep her in the backlog of units I want to build up. I just used all of that type of catalyst on Axe God and getting him to 6* so it'll be a bit before I can build her up.

My goal is to have 5 10* dogs ready for the collab for the two limited rolls. I have 5 as it is, so should be able to get there. If I don't like one of them I'll 6* someone else like Iseria or Haste. It'd be nice to have some of the arena set ready to go by the time they roll around so I'm all in on War Dispatches and just battling CPU opponents for the easy 5 crests.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Man, pvp at champion and above is just not fun. Even when I win, it takes so long. I might just drop back to challenger. Honestly, with the crazy power creep happening in arena (those new ML, wtf), I might just stop trying to keep up. Not sure it's worth it. And I say that as someone who runs an annoying Ruele/fat cat/Armin defense.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Man, pvp at champion and above is just not fun. Even when I win, it takes so long. I might just drop back to challenger. Honestly, with the crazy power creep happening in arena (those new ML, wtf), I might just stop trying to keep up. Not sure it's worth it. And I say that as someone who runs an annoying Ruele/fat cat/Armin defense.
Yep. Just set an annoying defense team, find someone to repeatedly challenge and withdraw, and enjoy the free currencies.

Trying to climb is a chore in RNG and frustration.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

yeah, high challenger is bad too, but at least there it's just a straight forward speed race or immunity set armin/ruele. You don't need to play 7th dimensional chess against 160% effect resist Angelicas.

I'd like to reach Champion or at least Challenger 1 but I constantly hit a hard wall around rank 500-600 in Challenger. My fastest character is 224 and I've tried for months and months to improve my speed gear with glacial progress. I only get as far as I do thanks to +14 in speed imprints. How these people find the gear to make 270+ speed Hurados and Roozids without imprints is just baffling to me.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017

It gets bad at Challenger.

I just threw in the towel and stay at master.

When my ML Cidd got outsped by a Bellona, I was like. . .I am done here.

I dunno why they aren't fixing the speed/immunity/resistance meta but it's not fun at all.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
yeah, high challenger is bad too, but at least there it's just a straight forward speed race or immunity set armin/ruele. You don't need to play 7th dimensional chess against 160% effect resist Angelicas.

I'd like to reach Champion or at least Challenger 1 but I constantly hit a hard wall around rank 500-600 in Challenger. My fastest character is 224 and I've tried for months and months to improve my speed gear with glacial progress. I only get as far as I do thanks to +14 in speed imprints. How these people find the gear to make 270+ speed Hurados and Roozids without imprints is just baffling to me.

Yeah, the resists are just ugh. Fighting a team that has all characters at 20k hp with high resists and 2+ soul weavers and Armin is just silly. It's so hard to win before the penalty kicks in too much because you can't break them and even if you can, well, there's a healer. Challenger was easier because there are still ppl doing cleave teams on defense. I see none of those now unless ML ara

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
40 pulls, no Iseria. Game really bums me out sometimes. Now if I could at least beat that blasted turtle on hell difficulty, I could summon my first 5* ML.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
40 pulls, no Iseria. Game really bums me out sometimes. Now if I could at least beat that blasted turtle on hell difficulty, I could summon my first 5* ML.

I spent 1.2k bm last night without a single 5* hero so I know how it goes. Think I'm either putting the game down for awhile or just going full casual because every main hero I've wanted has cost me 1k+ bm everytime and it gets tiring and expensive.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I spent 1.2k bm last night without a single 5* hero so I know how it goes. Think I'm either putting the game down for awhile or just going full casual because every main hero I've wanted has cost me 1k+ bm everytime and it gets tiring and expensive.

Ouch man, that's rough. In fact it is ridiculous. Streaks like that are only made worse reading of people pull 5*s on their first go. This is where gacha breaks people.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Ouch man, that's rough. In fact it is ridiculous. Streaks like that are only made worse reading of people pull 5*s on their first go. This is where gacha breaks people.

Yep like it's not my first rodeo. I've played fgo and about every gacha under the sun. This game just gets demoralizing when trying to pull a unit because only a few of the 4* are worth a damn. My worst was Bellona costing me nearly 1.5k bm.

yado

Oct 25, 2017

But why do that if next week's banner is probably limited?

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
But why do that if next week's banner is probably limited?

Iseria has a skill set that isn't easy to power creep and this is about the best time to try for her. For all we know the limited characters could just be dps that will get power crept within the next 4-6 months. On top of that I could do some fun combinations with Iseria.

Status
Not open for further replies.