• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
What is "legendary" to Smile? People have been mentioning things for the IP I've either never heard of (outside of League) or things that I wouldn't really consider legendary. I'm not a big fan of Street Fighter but that's something that's legendary (as an example).

Ouch man, that's rough. In fact it is ridiculous. Streaks like that are only made worse reading of people pull 5*s on their first go. This is where gacha breaks people.

Yeah, I beat hell once and for some reason can't do it again. I didn't have trouble with it the first time. Luna is a bit RNG and when you need every turn to count with maximum or major damage that's when her weakness kind of shows, I guess

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What are people running for Zerato Hell?

What is "legendary" to Smile? People have been mentioning things for the IP I've either never heard of (outside of League) or things that I wouldn't really consider legendary. I'm not a big fan of Street Fighter but that's something that's legendary (as an example).

I half hope its some obscure title that just happens to have "legend" in the name, just to see their confusion when people are let down ;)

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
ML Rin!

ML Baal looks really, really strong.

Value packs aren't the problem, I actually wished other gatcha games I played did that.

Buy one get one free packs.

I'm mainly complaining about the fact that they chose to implement "choose your set" in a paid solution before adding it to the smith. If they want players to catch up, they should have done that. There's still plenty of RNG to deal with even if players get to choose their set-type and gear-type.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
What are people running for Zerato Hell?

My best team is completely outplayed by the turtle. I main C.Dom, and a light opponent of that caliber chews her up in one hit. And all my other players focus on aoe to build her, only their meager damage and dual attacks become a curse when they buff the turtle with every hit. My best tank is Phyllis, another dark character struggling similarly to C.Dom here. And I am pretty badly off in terms of single target damage outside of that, leaving me without many options. I put in my 6* Carmainerose for now, her CR reduction isn't all too shabby. Licida would make the turtle a cakewalk, I am sure.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I only did the 3 runs on Zerato challenge to get the gold transmit stone didn't try to farm it yet, but at least for my team was easy (but I think they are mid-high CP wise , so it should be easy) didn't even see his S3. (Using Iseria, Cidd , Luna and Angelica so Armor break in all of the 3 dps).

Edit: Did an auto run and it was very smooth , considering bring one fodder to the fight
Edit: Done with a fodder plus Luna Iseria and Angelica)

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Man, all these folks with 10+ 6*'s. I've clearly been slacking.
I'm still trying to work on getting a 4th 6star and am not even sure who to work on beyond that :/
Yeah, working towards my 4th 6*, shaking my head. I DID super slack on lions for the longest time though, so I've no one but myself to blame. I think I didn't even level fodder until 2 months ago.

People are talking about things that you wouldn't consider legendary because they are considered legendary in Korea, where the game developers are situated in. I'm pretty sure they don't write separate patch notes for the Western release, and they didn't change the "legendary" phrasing for the western audience especially.
Stuff like "God of High School" is pretty legendary in Korea for what it's worth.

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, working towards my 4th 6*, shaking my head. I DID super slack on lions for the longest time though, so I've no one but myself to blame. I think I didn't even level fodder until 2 months ago.

People are talking about things that you wouldn't consider legendary because they are considered legendary in Korea, where the game developers are situated in. I'm pretty sure they don't write separate patch notes for the Western release, and they didn't change the "legendary" phrasing for the western audience especially.
Stuff like "God of High School" is pretty legendary in Korea for what it's worth.
I'm working on Vildred next for my 4th, but basically my to-do pile is Violet, C.Dom, Tama, Yuna, Fluri and Armin. I also have a bunch of 4stars to work on as well.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah Lidica breaks Zerato Hell, easy to auto. Got the artifact to drop after a couple runs so not even sure I'll do the remaining for a second copy.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Angelica as tank worked out better for me than Destina, Angelica/Cidd/Luna/M. Ken seems to clear it consistently on auto.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Using Luna, C Armin, Tamarinne and Lidica I am able to clear Hell auto.

The turtle seems more dangerous than Zerato himself.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldnt say she's universally better, in situations where prevention is better than cure go with Angelica. In others, Hell raids IIRC or where the CR push/continuous healing is better go with Destina. For a lot of content they are interchangeable but Angelica probably has more areas of the game where shes more useful, or at least more important areas for the moment e.g. W11, Abyss.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Someone help me with Angelica lol How exactly is she better than Destina?

She prevents debuffs to hit you and have better CDs, Destina (and cleansers in general) you have to act after the debuff happen and not always the healer is up to cleanse it fast or if the enemy keep applying debuffs over and over you won't be able to keep up cleansing, immunity protect from all debuffs and even decreasing of combat readiness, if you don't have it it's up to your effect resistance and RNG. Obviously if the immunity is dispelled she is only a common healer without any means to deal with debuffs , so you have to evaluate which situation you are in . C. Armin have party wide immunity too and is able to keep a party protected as Angelica does , but she is harder to get , I think montmorancy and Bask have it too , but aren't able to keep it up as C.Armin and Angelica does (both relying on soul burn)

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Someone help me with Angelica lol How exactly is she better than Destina?

She has a very strong S2 she can use every 2 turns. I've seen some Angelicas heal themselves by over 10k HP with it. Mine is "only" 6-7k, but has 1750 defense while still having 12.5k HP and 165 speed, and I'm nowhere near optimal stuff. Her S3 is also quite good and somewhat competitive with Destina's S3.

The only healer I consider better than Angelica is Tamarinne, with her AoE heal every 2 turns.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
In the spirit of Cermia I gambled 100 bookmarks on Iseria..... walked away with Wind Rider (which I really wanted, but didn't buy because Aprils shop artifacts were full of top tier), Iseria and on the normal banner 2 rolls got me my first normal Rose.

All bookmarks towards collab now, starting with 72 and 252 skyshards.... hopefully they come to me easy like Luna did......

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Based on guild chat it looks like no one remembered to set up defenses; unfortunate but it happens.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
It looks like I was not assigned to the GW or there were not enough people assigned for the guild to participate. Either way, RIP my free green transmission fodder.

Yeah I've definitely missed a match because I forgot to setup my teams. Hope the next one goes well. Our match this week is rough. I lost my Ken in the first match and it was uphill from there, had to bail out of the first fight in the second match to prevent the loss Ravi and Angie, totally underestimated that 1st team and ended up with a draw on that. :(

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Doesn't it seem like all Era guilds are struggling with participation? Wouldn't a fusion be a solid option right now?

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Kusoge is maxed out at 30 and we forgot to set our defense the other day too, lol. Honestly I don't mind dropping quite a few ranks as long as we're still in the 5x multiplier. Tryhard guilds who leave out a lot of members just so their towers have 250 hp (to survive two losses with 10) are so fucking annoying to fight.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I joined a guild randomly and the chat has been pretty active and we consistently stay Level 15, even running win streaks. There's a good understanding that the leaders of the guilds wait for the end of the day to attack to give us newer players a chance to pick off the easier wins.

I've started to drift towards the middle where I let a lot of the newer players go and then I run clean-up for two matches and then take on a really hard match for the 3rd. So far been doing really well. Don't want to step into the try-hard area yet.

But it definitely isn't 100% participation, the aiding is super active which is nice, I pull in 5 greater runes a day. But I think once I have 6 6*'s and gear for them I'll be wanting to join Era.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Yeah, apologies, EpicEra, I somehow thought I could still set up defense today!
I'm adding another vice-captain, feel free to set up people if no one is assigned, it's probably still better than nothing signed up.

We have around 18-22 guild sign ups daily and some spots open in EpicEra, if the two other Era guilds can still fit 10 members, we could beef up ranks there?
I think we're at 27 members, but 3 are definitely inactive - we can have 29 members at the current level.

My work ramped up a lot in the last two months, working on other mobile games is taking away from my own mobile gaming time unfortunately...

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Don't beat yourself up too bad over it Dee Dee. At the end of the day it's still all good fun and of course real world always comes first.

Until the collab.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I joined a guild randomly and the chat has been pretty active and we consistently stay Level 15, even running win streaks. There's a good understanding that the leaders of the guilds wait for the end of the day to attack to give us newer players a chance to pick off the easier wins.

I've started to drift towards the middle where I let a lot of the newer players go and then I run clean-up for two matches and then take on a really hard match for the 3rd. So far been doing really well. Don't want to step into the try-hard area yet.

But it definitely isn't 100% participation, the aiding is super active which is nice, I pull in 5 greater runes a day. But I think once I have 6 6*'s and gear for them I'll be wanting to join Era.

I found a really nice relaxed guild, win some lose some, no pressure to play all the time, I got kicked out of my last one for I'm assuming not participating much in the battles, but I had like 1 or 2 6-star characters and no decent characters. After joining this guild my team has been developing nicely, pulling ML Ken among other good units, still have no decent healers as Doris seems more like a complementary healer rather than one you can 100% rely on.

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
Yeah, apologies, EpicEra, I somehow thought I could still set up defense today!
I'm adding another vice-captain, feel free to set up people if no one is assigned, it's probably still better than nothing signed up.

We have around 18-22 guild sign ups daily and some spots open in EpicEra, if the two other Era guilds can still fit 10 members, we could beef up ranks there?
I think we're at 27 members, but 3 are definitely inactive - we can have 29 members at the current level.

My work ramped up a lot in the last two months, working on other mobile games is taking away from my own mobile gaming time unfortunately...
Not a problem! Yeah a new day starts at 6AM EST. I wake up around that time on weekdays so I usually do the dailies. I forgot to go through GW, so noticed it while I was at work when I checked. I'd be fine with merging/splitting but not sure if the rest of the guild would be up for it or would even know if it is happening since it might get lost in the 5star pulls that show up in chat.

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
On a somewhat separate note, I saw a guy on my bus trip home playing E7 and getting salty in the arena lol... Too bad I can't really play on public transportation due to my main team of ravi, tama, angelica and luna probably leading to odd looks.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
How active are the Era guilds in the chat? I.e advice, talking about news, etc.

We say some things each day but usually it's about banner pulls and guild wars talk. More general chatting is in the resetera discord. EpicReset keeps going back and forth from the top tier to second tier. We're full right now though we have a couple random people that don't really attack in gw.

Last edited:

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes the RNG in this game can be really fucking annoying, bought the S2 arena weapon, got it up to +12 for the moment, every single upgrade into effect resistance. Which means Lorina will be sticking with her current weapon.

Edit: Well as some small recompense I finally beat that poxy Abyss 73

Edit 2: 74 and 75 feel like a complete joke compared to 73

Last edited:

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
I spent most of yesterday trying to gear Iseria and working on being able to 6* her. I really need to improve some other units because I severely lack DPS for other elements then Ice and Dark. If cmd. Lorina is even still considered a good DPS unit. Funny about Iseria is that none of her armor pieces have Effectiveness on them whereas o say Lorina, I have it everywhere and ofcourse it was the most upgraded stat. Oh well. I still really like this game but the RNG and grind can get to me, not to mention I still hate the guild wars system but try to participate as time allows. I wish they would continue the story since we have like 5 map areas on the world map, they must be there for a reason.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
If cmd. Lorina is even still considered a good DPS unit.

If Luna's 10/10 for single target dps.... Lorina isn't shit because she's 9.5/10.... and she has some advantages over Luna.

There's a few comparsion vids between Lorina, Luna and Cermia on youtube, most not in English though.

She's still top 5 single target dps.... with Luna, Cermia, Cidd and... C.Dom?

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
We say some things each day but usually it's about banner pulls and guild wars talk. More general chatting is in the resetera discord. EpicReset keeps going back and forth from the top tier to second tier. We're full right now though we have a couple random people that don't really attack in gw.

I'm not sure if those who aren't attacking are because they feel there is no one they can defeat. What happens if you fight but lost all 6 rounds? Do you still get havoc?

If Luna's 10/10 for single target dps.... Lorina isn't shit because she's 9.5/10.... and she has some advantages over Luna.

There's a few comparsion vids between Lorina, Luna and Cermia on youtube, most not in English though.

She's still top 5 single target dps.... with Luna, Cermia, Cidd and... C.Dom?

I didn't realise C Lorina is so strong. I noticed she needs a few attacks for her passive to build up but I guess once that gets going she will be pushing out some great damage. My issue at the moment is that I don't want to grind all those dark runes. >.<
I do like C Lorina's S3 more than Luna's.

What are everyone's favourite S3s?

Last edited:

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
From the peeps that I have used so far, my fave S3s are: Diene, Kayron, Tenebria, Cermia, Armin, and Zeno (even though I never use him).

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
I'm not sure if those who aren't attacking are because they feel there is no one they can defeat. What happens if you fight but lost all 6 rounds? Do you still get havoc?

I don't think you get havoc unless you at least tie, but you get medals or whatever that currency is called. I just immedaitely yield if all i see are high level opponents just so I can get medals at least.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm trying out this game and on it519's advice, I rerolled until I got Angelica before starting. This game is gorgeous.

There seem to be a lot of instanced "do this three times a day" dungeons getting unlocked left and right here. Is there anything in particular I should prioritize?

I'm also reaching a point where I'm getting underleveled in the story chapters. Is there a good way to level up my main team to progress in the story quests? Or do I just grind earlier story chapters until I'm high level enough for the newest ones?

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I'm trying out this game and on it519's advice, I rerolled until I got Angelica before starting. This game is gorgeous.

There seem to be a lot of instanced "do this three times a day" dungeons getting unlocked left and right here. Is there anything in particular I should prioritize?

I'm also reaching a point where I'm getting underleveled in the story chapters. Is there a good way to level up my main team to progress in the story quests? Or do I just grind earlier story chapters until I'm high level enough for the newest ones?
What are your other characters?

Leveling up isn't too difficult, it comes over time or feed them penguins. Raising their level cap takes much longer, particularly 6*. Equipment will also go a long way.

At minimum I would try to do the dailies, it is found under reputation from the main menu.
Doing the dailies should also help you finish one of the current events. From the lobby in the upper right scroll the banners until you see the Water Gun event and click on it. This should help with some free items. You need to enhance any item once (doesn't even need to level up) to finish the remaining objective for this event and it also refreshes daily.

In story mode you can use friends to help push through hard missions. Try to clear all the objectives as they add up and give nice rewards allowing you to pull more heroes.

If you feel like you need to grind, consider grinding altars for runes (to awaken characters) or finishing up side branches in each region of the story for completion rewards.

Try to push up in Abyss. Good gear in there. Once you hit your limit just purify every day for free rewards until you feel like giving it another attempt.

Dungeons are a bit of a slog to get through but also have some great rewards. If you want to use a guide for the rewards someone linked me this earlier. Not in English but has maps which should be pretty easy to understand once you give them a shot. If this is too early don't worry about it for now.
https://m.cafe.naver.com/ArticleRead.nhn?clubid=28431371&menuid=67&articleid=387993&query=고효율
Most consider the items from the first two dungeons worth aiming for. Beyond that is a bit more annoying so YMMV on the worth.

From the peeps that I have used so far, my fave S3s are: Diene, Kayron, Tenebria, Cermia, Armin, and Zeno (even though I never use him).
I think I like Diene but since I don't have her and seeing her S3 constantly in arena or GW is generally just drawing the fight out into a slog. It really brings it down for me.
Kayron looks awesome and I somewhat regret not rolling a bit more for Cermia. I kind of like Tenebria's look but prefer her ML's S3.
Charles' looks really nice too. I like too many of them. -_- I'm not even mad when I get team wiped by ML Ama because the meteor fall looks awesome lol.

I don't think you get havoc unless you at least tie, but you get medals or whatever that currency is called. I just immedaitely yield if all i see are high level opponents just so I can get medals at least.

Yeah I yield if things are looking grim to save my characters where possible. I also tend to stack on side if I don't feel confident. My teams are mostly single target dps without much speed nor defense so I need to pick my fights really carefully. Then again I guess most people need to any way.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

There's no reason for you to grind on story missions, if anything level heroes by doing hunts or altar, because with runes and gear you can push them even further.
Don't bother leveling gear below level 40, but if you have some okay pieces, invest a bit in gear - story isn't a cake walk, you'll need good enough gear.
Do the event challenge for gold daily while it's on!
Also, check the ads in the corner of the main lobby, they always hide an event there. Click on the "water gun challenge" or whatever it's called and get extra ressources for doing your dailies.

Did you pull a DPS as well?
Try saving pulls for now, everyone expects some pretty OP heroes to be released in two weeks. Here's to some lucky free pulls!

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
We seem to have some new players, so I'm going to post this again, we have an advice channel with (mostly) good advice:

Since Neki is a coward and says I should post this when he could just do it:

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

DISCORD LINK

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

Status
Not open for further replies.