• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
What are your other characters?
Right now I'm running Angelica, Mercedes, Ras, and Helga. Unfortunately I never got a pull with Angelica or Destina that included other 4*+ non-healers, and that's after several days of rerolling the 30 selective summons. I eventually settled on Angelica + two 4* artifacts instead because I was getting tired of it.

I do have Carminerose and I heard she's good, but I think I like Mercedes more so I want to see if I can go through the story with her. Carminerose is in my second team right now.

There's no reason for you to grind on story missions, if anything level heroes by doing hunts or altar, because with runes and gear you can push them even further.
Don't bother leveling gear below level 40, but if you have some okay pieces, invest a bit in gear - story isn't a cake walk, you'll need good enough gear.
Do the event challenge for gold daily while it's on!
Also, check the ads in the corner of the main lobby, they always hide an event there. Click on the "water gun challenge" or whatever it's called and get extra ressources for doing your dailies.

Did you pull a DPS as well?
Try saving pulls for now, everyone expects some pretty OP heroes to be released in two weeks. Here's to some lucky free pulls!
Thanks, I'll go check those places and start saving for the new heroes. I am feeling starved for another melee character, so maybe the free pulls will get me something in that department.

Is that what the water gun thing is for? One thing that bothers me about this game is how they seem to hide rewards and quests in odd screens everywhere instead of keeping them all in the same place. No "collect all" button either. It makes for a lot of perfectly avoidable extra menuing and clicking.

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
One thing i would like in the game is a 10x or more summon option. Pressing the summon one at a time is really, really tedious.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
One thing i would like in the game is a 10x or more summon option. Pressing the summon one at a time is really, really tedious.

I like it. Less depressing. Doing 10 at once and getting nothing is a swift kick in the nuts. Doing it one at a time is just a light poke in the eye ten times.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Right now I'm running Angelica, Mercedes, Ras, and Helga. Unfortunately I never got a pull with Angelica or Destina that included other 4*+ non-healers, and that's after several days of rerolling the 30 selective summons. I eventually settled on Angelica + two 4* artifacts instead because I was getting tired of it.

I do have Carminerose and I heard she's good, but I think I like Mercedes more so I want to see if I can go through the story with her. Carminerose is in my second team right now.

Thanks, I'll go check those places and start saving for the new heroes. I am feeling starved for another melee character, so maybe the free pulls will get me something in that department.

Is that what the water gun thing is for? One thing that bothers me about this game is how they seem to hide rewards and quests in odd screens everywhere instead of keeping them all in the same place. No "collect all" button either. It makes for a lot of perfectly avoidable extra menuing and clicking.

Yeah, there seems to be a lot of needless clicking for rewards. once you get used to where things are it becomes a minor nuisance.

For the heroes, I think Carmainrose is better than Helga but there isn't any need to switch for now. It'll also make your team very fire heavy. I would try to save bookmarks. Helga's 1st also has defense break, one of the best debuffs.

I just cleared some inactive people off my friends list,
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
if you want to try my heroes.

Dont forget the friendship heroes. Silk is good, Alexa is a decent early game 3* thief. Lorina, when available might be worth setting as goal as she is very strong when spec changed and that process is quite long.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

Glad to see you got started!

Carmainrose is a good unit early on (and mid-game) and worth putting in your team. For single target DPS, you'll get some viable ones for free. Namely the connection quest for Lorina, she is a top tier DPS unit that is still used in F2P guides to this day. I'd focus ASAP on starting to get her connection quest done. Silk is also very viable unit that is used by quite a few mid-range PvP teams. Otherwise you'll slowly pull new and better characters in the dailies. Connection quests are available in the main lobby by clicking on the character sitting at the left table. I believe they become available at different points in the story.

For reference I beat the story with Ras, Azalea, Nemunas and Destina...as far as units go Azalea, Nemunas and Ras are all at the bottom of every tier list. I did 4* them all to help get through the story, that's super easy to come by later on, so may be worth it when you get stuck. I did that keeping in mind to save my bookmarks for future events and it paid off.

Angelica is recommended to selective summon as she's absolutely crucial endgame and you really don't want to be stuck like some players without her. In the main story, especially on normal, she doesn't really show her true colors. She's a mediocre healer but her big thing is her debuff immunity which is super important later on but not many enemies (if any at all?) debuff in normal story. You may end up summoning a dupe of her later, it's how RNG goes (her pull rate is 0.2%), but there are plenty of day one players without her still and she is usually their most wanted unit.

Highly recommend doing Labyrinths when you can, they have excellent gear in the gold chests for new players. I did enhance these to +6 or +9 as the cost is relatively low, but it gets exponentially more expensive to enhance gear beyond +9 and is only worth it for more end game gear.

There is always at least one event going on in the events browser where rewards can be obtained. I usually at a minimum clear these each day. But they are almost always tied to the same daily missions in the reputation menu.

The daily missions are always the same and worth doing (as it'll double with the on-going event):
  • 5 Arena Battles
  • 5 Story Battles
  • 1 Hunt
  • 1 Altar
  • Raise one penguin
  • 1 summon (use your free one)
  • 2 dispatch missions
The last big thing is how you promote units. To get a 4* you need to fodder 3-3* units. To get a 5* you need to fodder 4-4* units and so on. It's a big tree that in the end means you need something like 125 3* to get a 6* unit. You can only get 2* units from story mode or friendship summons, so grinding story isn't all bad, you'l need the fodder eventually (the process is to level 2* fodder to 3*, use that to promote the phantasmas from free rewards and the sanctuary, then eventually 5 5* phantasmas to promote a unit from 5* to 6*).

One thing I learned early on too is throw out normal JRPG conventions. Healers are often tanks (Angelica sits on my front line), knights are often support units and thiefs can be some of the biggest damage dealers in the game.

The rest you'll slowly learn as you play the game. Gear synergy, etc, don't really start to come into play until end-game.

Last edited:

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

(...)

Maybe start building Carmainerose a bit and play around with her. You should by all means use the characters you like, but Mercedes and Ras are both horribly underpowered.
Which artifacts did you pull? If you got Sira-Ren, put it on Mercedes asap.

Feel free to add me, Vildred helps a lot in early story:
Zucker #409240617

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't posted an update in this thread in awhile.

I'd recently 6*'d and partially geared up Tywin, who is sitting pretty at 18k HP and 170 speed, and Iseria, who spooked me on the Cermia banner and I've also 6*'d and geared up with a rage set. Rage set Iseria has proven frighteningly effective at dealing damage (20k damage soulburned S1s!!) and Tywin has already proven himself a mainstay of my party with his remarkably high survivability combined with offensive support utility (attack+crit+combat readiness buff on his S2 and 100% defense break+self defense buff on his S3) and the power of Aurius. That buff really gave him a new lease on life.

And now, just today, I finally rolled KAYRON - the man who will save my second turn team from annoying-arse focused single target DPS teams with his immortality! Finally, a solution to this obnoxious problem. I can just stick him in a team with Angelica/Diene/Tywin and let him run roughshod all over the enemy's faces. Perfection. Too bad I used all the catalysts he needs on Tywin first... gotta farm up those blessings and nightmare masks. Plus I need to level up his gear since it's all fresh stuff... but it'll all be worth it in the end. He's going to be putting in so much work.

Still no ML 5* but at least my roster is filling out nicely regardless. I genuinely can't complain about my luck with characters. Artifacts and gear stats, on the other hand... well, can't be helped. Gotta deal with the hand you're dealt.

I've also got a ton of 6* awakenings thanks to the AP shop addition, which has helped considerably in keeping up with all those crazy players who somehow managed to farm up a full roster of 6* awakenings despite how low the drop rates are (and still are) without the AP shop. At this point my roster is looking like this:

6* promoted characters
  • Diene
  • Bellona
  • Lidica
  • Tywin
  • Charles
  • Iseria
  • Charlotte
  • Challenger Dominiel
  • Assassin Cidd
  • Surin
  • Angelica
  • Clarissa
  • Rima
  • Zeno (because he's free)
Plan to promote to 6*
  • Crimson Armin
  • Kayron
...And that's about it for my current roster. It's already pretty huge and covers every base except for an unhealable debuffer (which is really unnecessary for pretty much everything that actually needs doing). I'm approaching a point where I can afford to roll more for love than for utility, which is pretty funny considering I still have enough skystones and bookmarks to pity break off a limited banner four(!!) times. If only I had more gear and molas to go around... alas. One slow, arduous step at a time, I suppose...

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's sort of weird that the really high level stuff still drops level 44 fodder e.g. the side story on Hell or goblin chests from World Tier Area 10. Also I would love if they re-visited the UI, especially for heroes, lack of filtering and a more compact view is a pain in the arse when you want to do a lot of stuff with it.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
I have never seen Rima, she looks cool but I just haven't given her any stage time... Should I?
Rima really depends on the rest of your team, she's not really good at dps or healing herself. Her best skill reduces cooldowns of another character. so if your other team likes to spam their other skills as opposed to those that spam S1 (like Lorina) she would be useful. I used her for a while in mid game to make sure Destina could remove debuffs more often.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone. I moved in Alexa and Carminerose into the party and benched Mercedes and Ras. Lots of single target damage now, though no AoE anymore.

Sacrificing multiple units to raise the level cap on someone means I really need to be careful of who I want to build for now, and I suppose making a team that can clear content should be my first priority. I don't even have many units to sacrifice anyway at this point, so building up units I like should come later. And hopefully I can eventually get that Celestial Mercedes later that I see online and is supposedly a more viable alternative to vanilla Mercedes.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone. I moved in Alexa and Carminerose into the party and benched Mercedes and Ras. Lots of single target damage now, though no AoE anymore.

Sacrificing multiple units to raise the level cap on someone means I really need to be careful of who I want to build for now, and I suppose making a team that can clear content should be my first priority. I don't even have many units to sacrifice anyway at this point, so building up units I like should come later. And hopefully I can eventually get that Celestial Mercedes later that I see online and is supposedly a more viable alternative to vanilla Mercedes.

You don't use normal units to do this , you use phantasma and the monsters you get on adventure (you can use them to do it but it's not required and only recommended after you triple SSS a memory imprint). So no sacrifice is required , if you are in doubt watch a video about fodders and you will understand the process

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Good pointer from Reddit, the artifact from Zerato challenge could be really useful in azimanak hunt as it dispels the beserk buff. Still stuck on 10 so may be helpful for me.

Kind of interested in bringing my Tenebria back to life for that hunt and giving her the artifact.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I have never seen Rima, she looks cool but I just haven't given her any stage time... Should I?
Like all pre-specialty-change nat 3*s, she's very niche and you can probably find much better uses for the slot she takes up.

That said, no one can reset cooldowns as frequently as she can. With 100% crit and molagora'd S3 she can take 3 turns off of the cd of a teammate every three turns (as opposed to Iseria doing a full reset every 5 turns), which allows you a significant amount of flexibility in different combat situations (for example, resetting a healer's S3 in an emergency, or resetting, say, Lidica's S3 so she can double slow, etc.). She can also sleep someone every other turn, which increases your survivability considerably in any boss fight with nasty adds. That -1 cd on crit on her S1 is seriously good shit.

She'll be a monster when she gets her specialization change. Her basic kit is already pretty good and anything they add on top will just push her into top-tier territory.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Like all pre-specialty-change nat 3*s, she's very niche and you can probably find much better uses for the slot she takes up.

That said, no one can reset cooldowns as frequently as she can. With 100% crit and molagora'd S3 she can take 3 turns off of the cd of a teammate every three turns (as opposed to Iseria doing a full reset every 5 turns), which allows you a significant amount of flexibility in different combat situations (for example, resetting a healer's S3 in an emergency, or resetting, say, Lidica's S3 so she can double slow, etc.). She can also sleep someone every other turn, which increases your survivability considerably in any boss fight with nasty adds. That -1 cd on crit on her S1 is seriously good shit.

She'll be a monster when she gets her specialization change. Her basic kit is already pretty good and anything they add on top will just push her into top-tier territory.

Thanks for the write up. I think I'll slowly bring her to 5*, I really like her design. I'm surprised at the amount of 3*s I would like spec changes for.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Cleared Abyss 79 and 80. Did 3 ML pulls. Got Doris (new), Kitty Clarissa (new) and Phyllis (new). Honestly just glad not to get dupes. But as I now have all the 3*'s I may resign myself to dupes in the future.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Cleared Abyss 79 and 80. Did 3 ML pulls. Got Doris (new), Kitty Clarissa (new) and Phyllis (new). Honestly just glad not to get dupes. But as I now have all the 3*'s I may resign myself to dupes in the future.

Grats. They're solid pulls.

My last 5 MLs have all been dupes. 2 Lorina, 2 Mirsa and 1 Arowell. Going through a bad streak with them for sure.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Between dispatches, arena battles, and reputation rewards I was able to total up about 800 arena crests this weekend. Should be able to do 1200 per week no problem and have a new piece of arena gear each week.

+15'd the amulet and got 22% Crit Dmg and the rest in effect resistance. Considering it's an attack set not to worried it didn't go into speed and health. It'll just have to go on a slow DPS. Sitting in the locker unequipped right now until I see the collab units otherwise it's going on Axe God.

metaprogram

Oct 28, 2017
Between dispatches, arena battles, and reputation rewards I was able to total up about 800 arena crests this weekend. Should be able to do 1200 per week no problem and have a new piece of arena gear each week.

+15'd the amulet and got 22% Crit Dmg and the rest in effect resistance. Considering it's an attack set not to worried it didn't go into speed and health. It'll just have to go on a slow DPS. Sitting in the locker unequipped right now until I see the collab units otherwise it's going on Axe God.

Wondering how long the season is going to run for. Will we have time to clear the shop?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Don't forget that the collab will have two limited banners back-to-back. So you need 1210 bookmarks to guarantee both units.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
When my ML Cidd got outsped by a Bellona, I was like. . .I am done here.

You probably had -5 speed rng while their Bellona got +5 spd rng... meaning they only had 4 more speed than you.

If you had rematched you probably would've gone first.

Also maybe they had a unit that had speed imprint you didn't know or paid attention to, Helga can go under the radar in that regards.

What are people running for Zerato Hell?

I've autoing Hell with

Krau
Luna
Lidica
Angelica or Mascot Hazel (prob quicker with Hazel)

Thankfully I can auto this and I couldn't even manual Charles Hell.... or Wyvern 10.

I didn't realise C Lorina is so strong. I noticed she needs a few attacks for her passive to build up but I guess once that gets going she will be pushing out some great damage. My issue at the moment is that I don't want to grind all those dark runes. >.<
I do like C Lorina's S3 more than Luna's.

What are everyone's favourite S3s?

Yeah she's strong but you have to finish her rune tree... and I would like to do her SC and build her but why would I invest so much energy and resources to her when I have Luna, Cermia, Cidd etc.

Fav S3 is Charles and Kayron.

I would honestly stick with Mercedes until you get another AoE unit, as in Vildred, Tenebae, Bellona, Kayron, Clarissa etc.

That could be a long time away.

Mercedes is a good enough farmer and can do really well in the latest hunt with Mascot Hazel and a few choice artifacts (Daydream Joker, Radiant Forever, the current event one).

Helga's due for a rework in the next 1-4 months probably.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
You need 1210 for both collaboration units.

The killer is they'll save the better one for the second round and people with less than 1210 will probably be too tempted to hold off on the first round. I'm ready for the collab, been hoarding my new player bookmarks and skystones. I'm not sure what I'll do with them if I roll them before pity lol, I guess continue hoarding.

b1I86su.jpg

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
Finally got something good from the free daily summon, Violet, tho not sure if i have the proper gear/team comp to use him

draconuszero

Oct 28, 2017
I should have specified one pity lol since i know I'm not going for a second pity. So they are having the second character in a second round? Oh well if I am lucky as I have for previous 5star highlights/limited I actually pulled in I'll probably get it within 50 pulls. I pulled Tama and Idol's cheer within 20 pulls and Luna within 50.

eyeball_kid

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got something good from the free daily summon, Violet, tho not sure if i have the proper gear/team comp to use him

Congrats, Violet is fantastic. You generally want him at slower speed (130-140 is good) so he gets lots of chances to counterattack, so it's best to run him with Attack/Crit or Lifesteal/Crit sets. His best artifact is Moonlight Dreamblade which ups his evasion chances.

https://epic7x.com/character/violet/

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I should have specified one pity lol since i know I'm not going for a second pity. So they are having the second character in a second round? Oh well if I am lucky as I have for previous 5star highlights/limited I actually pulled in I'll probably get it within 50 pulls. I pulled Tama and Idol's cheer within 20 pulls and Luna within 50.

I'm just assuming they'll do two rounds. It's a month long event and the best way to get people to spend money is have them blow it all on a 5* collab character and then release another appealing one two weeks later.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017

To my knowledge we're still sort of speculating what the arrangement will be regarding the collab characters. They've specifically stated one 5* through the tournament for sure. The only other thing they mention was "Outside of this, we also have plans for two other limited collaborations..."

Whether this means two 5* limited collab banners, or one 5* pity/one 5* not, or even 4*/3* free or through story/challenger mode we really don't know. But, the current speculation is for two 5* limited collab character banners with their respective artifacts, so that's why everyone's harping on the double pity amount.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Congrats, Violet is fantastic. You generally want him at slower speed (130-140 is good) so he gets lots of chances to counterattack, so it's best to run him with Attack/Crit or Lifesteal/Crit sets. His best artifact is Moonlight Dreamblade which ups his evasion chances.

He needs lifesteal/crit. He is a bruiser, and evasions still lead to you taking damage in this game (30%.)

His self heal is too low, at 15% to keep him alive.

Only bother if you have the Moonlight Dreamblade, or if you have AssCart. Definitely bother if you have both.

I do not suggest using Molas on his S2. It is an indirect nerf, as it lowers evasion uptime.

You should build him slow, stick him in the leader spot.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
To my knowledge we're still sort of speculating what the arrangement will be regarding the collab characters. They've specifically stated one 5* through the tournament for sure. The only other thing they mention was "Outside of this, we also have plans for two other limited collaborations..."

Whether this means two 5* limited collab banners, or one 5* pity/one 5* not, or even 4*/3* free or through story/challenger mode we really don't know. But, the current speculation is for two 5* limited collab character banners with their respective artifacts, so that's why everyone's harping on the double pity amount.

Pretty sure we'll get one collab character in the side story/event and we'll get the chance to max imprint that character throughout the month.
Weeks 1-2 should be limited banner 1
Weeks 3-4 should be limited banner 2

I really hope this isn't too grindy of an event, it's going to take place around the same time as CCC for Fate.... F.....

Though I only have one leaf left so it's not like I can spend a lot of energy anyway so whatever.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
hmmmmm EpicReset has a spot open if people want some guild warring, not sure if everyone is pretty much settled already.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018

He needs lifesteal/crit. He is a bruiser, and evasions still lead to you taking damage in this game (30%.)

His self heal is too low, at 15% to keep him alive.

Only bother if you have the Moonlight Dreamblade, or if you have AssCart. Definitely bother if you have both.

I do not suggest using Molas on his S2. It is an indirect nerf, as it lowers evasion uptime.

You should build him slow, stick him in the leader spot.

Thanks for the help guys!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Any character I equip with a lifesteal set better be laying down debuffs every attack because all I am getting on them is Effectiveness boosts.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Any character I equip with a lifesteal set better be laying down debuffs every attack because all I am getting on them is Effectiveness boosts.
I am just cursed with low rolls.

Building a Banshee team to just trash most of Abyss' gear.

Wish I rolled Tangerine because I am going to have to level like Jecht for the fight and I am not looking forward to that.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
made it to Challenger 1 last week. Uh, I don't think I'll be hitting Champion any time soon.

It was pretty funny to see my first defense win of the week was the same person who scammed two wins off me first by extreme RNG luck, followed by the game itself having a network error right after I beat them.

my T6 lifesteal came out all effectiveness/speed. Works well on Bellona since she still lifesteals a lot on high hp bosses and I like to use her for dog walking.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
We seem to have some new players, so I'm going to post this again, we have an advice channel with (mostly) good advice:

Since Neki is a coward and says I should post this when he could just do it:

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

DISCORD LINK

WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING WARNING

2uVBZP8.png

no memes Einbroch

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Wonder who the trap banner will be this week.

Wondering if they are going to be evil enough to drop a strong in demand unit like Tamerine or Diene. Or just a new, broken unit pre collaboration.

Status
Not open for further replies.