• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I'm hitting the max of what Baiken can do in Challenger since I'm running into a lot more Schuri, Judith, and Roozid paired with a speed imprint. Even if I build up one of those teams (or Celeste) I'm still in a random speed race. Once you hit Challenger Baiken becomes kind of a single target nuke that can just happen to push CR and not your primary opener.

I'm not quite sure where Dizzy fits into Challenger PvP either. She can outspeed Baiken and open with S3 but it's going to be unreliable with effect resistance and immunity sets. Opening with her S2 doesn't make sense, there are other units that do it better. I think the Book S3 to S2 makes the most sense but she'll still run into the same problem as Baiken as needing a primary CR pusher in Challenger.

Basically, once you hit Challenger you need a really specific cleave team with a speed imprint, speedy CR pusher, and then nukes. That or a couple OP ML units lol.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
One thing to note is that her artifact, while good, is not actually the best choice for pvp. You can do better, with a max-leveled Tagehel's Book. You can use soul burn on her first turn and allow her to follow up her S3 with her S2, and that is downright dirty.

Wat.
fdc.gif

Now I don't feel so bad missing out on the artefact. Shame I won't get the bonus event tokens but fuck it.

And no one really uses fire units in PvP.

O__O;

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Because I chased her artifact after getting her twice I ended up almost completing the 4 star roster. Only missing Cidd and that one unit that causes bleeds.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
For those of you who have been playing a while, what did you/what do you plan to use your Bottle of Knowledge on?

Also if anyone has any free friend slots I would appreciate an add. Got 3 slots available. Alkez in game.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
Did they just rip some of the voices for the GG characters? I know Undine and Necro echo when they speak but there's also this bit of muffle with it. Like it really sounds bad for Dizzy's defeat when Undine says sorry.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Did they just rip some of the voices for the GG characters? I know Undine and Necro echo when they speak but there's also this bit of muffle with it. Like it really sounds bad for Dizzy's defeat when Undine says sorry.
Come on, leave the poor indie company alone. It's not like they make millions of dollars every month.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Also I'm pretty sure some of the S3 parts are just ripped from GG instead of made in engine.

The Japanese voices are super weird when everyone else is in English.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Also I'm pretty sure some of the S3 parts are just ripped from GG instead of made in engine.

The Japanese voices are super weird when everyone else is in English.
Agreed.
On one hand I don't think GG has ever had a dub, but I am pretty sure it's due to niche cheapness more so than purity.

Someone like Sez's VA could have voiced Sol, Aramanthia's VA could have voiced Baiken, and someone who doesn't sound like a screeching 12 year old could have voiced Dizzy. (Yes, I know she's like 8 in GG Canon, I don't care) Like Achates' VA.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Could someone tell me whats so great about Dizzy? why all the hype? How good is she?

Great animation, good design. In pve, she trivialize all early and mid-game content, and can be used for some of the high-end content. She does it by crippling the enemy's offense reliably (100% application, ignore the target's evasion, ignore attribute element penalties, most bosses aren't immune to her debuffs) and with a good uptime ratio. In pvp, any hero that increase his or her team's CR or reduce the enemy's CR is a major threat. Same with heroes that inflict AoE debuffs reliably. She does both. In her first turn (with MLB Tagehel artifact).

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Agreed.
On one hand I don't think GG has ever had a dub, but I am pretty sure it's due to niche cheapness more so than purity.

Someone like Sez's VA could have voiced Sol, Aramanthia's VA could have voiced Baiken, and someone who doesn't sound like a screeching 12 year old could have voiced Dizzy. (Yes, I know she's like 8 in GG Canon, I don't care) Like Achates' VA.

Xrd was dubbed. Dizzy and Baiken were never dubbed though since Rev and Rev 2 were never dubbed.

Edit: also bought the cheap Collab pack and got Yuffine. That was awesome and shocked a 5* actually came from a ticket.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Great animation, good design. In pve, she trivialize all early and mid-game content, and can be used for some of the high-end content. She does it by crippling the enemy's offense reliably (100% application, ignore the target's evasion, ignore attribute element penalties, most bosses aren't immune to her debuffs) and with a good uptime ratio. In pvp, any hero that increase his or her team's CR or reduce the enemy's CR is a major threat. Same with heroes that inflict AoE debuffs reliably. She does both. In her first turn (with MLB Tagehel artifact).
Hmm She'd make my wyvern 7 easier then...

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Just into someone with a SSS imprint for Dizzy....like holy shit!!!

Got me thinking; do we have a dyer(FFBE Whale) for E7?

Edit: damn it's a 10.8% increase too! my eyes didn't decive me!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, I couldn't even come close to beating Wyvern 11 before and all I did was slap Dizzy on my team and I manualed it second try. I didn't even have to put Water's Origin on Angelica and Axe God was basically a liability.

Her S3 basically neuters its ability to do damage and the after a defense break her S2 can extend all the debuffs. Haven't put any Mola into her and only at 5th awakening and Level 54. Have her at 190 speed though.

Not a quick clear (I think I dispelled 3 barriers) and probably not great for auto until I can get TG built up but happy to be able to beat it when I want to now.

DeejayDoom

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people were saying before the release that Dizzy would be more a pvp thing. Like it was obvious at first glance that her S3 would be broken for a lot of bosses, including high end ones.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why people were saying before the release that Dizzy would be more a pvp thing. Like it was obvious at first glance that her S3 would be broken for a lot of bosses, including high end ones.

Yeah, just ran it again and it's super consistent. I actually forgot to take Junkyard Dog off my Luna for Daydream +30. Dizzy absolutely trivializes this fight. Auto might be tricky to set up so her S3 is used first turn against the Wyvern and I do a S3 soulburn into S2 during manual to extend a bunch of debuffs.

But if I wanted to set up for W11 I'd probably run something other than Axe God and Waters Origin on Angelica and probably a different artifact than Sira Ren on dizzy. Basically super unoptimized Dizzy still makes it easy.

Edit: Just manualed Az 10 with the same team, used Iela Violin to dispel the beserk buff. Not sure what the optimal way to do DPS is but was able to clear the adds with a Dizzy S1 and a Axe God S2.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
[Hidden content] My last spot.
I think friends rotate all your friends through, I've definitely seem the same friends at least twice per day. I wouldn't rush to 6* Dingo, I'd probably wait and see who else you get and leave him at 5*. If you end up pulling a bit for Dizzy for example you might get Clarissa or something.
Sent you another invite from a diffrent account.
Dropped the Ken account because I just wasn't able to pull a legit healer on it.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Got a Clarissa dupe in daily pull. I'll take that. Got a Requiemroar dupe in ML pull Q_Q tho. Salt.jpg

Sent you another invite from a diffrent account.
Dropped the Ken account because I just wasn't able to pull a legit healer on it.

Are you the one with Iseria rep?
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.
Did you other one unfriend by itself? I didn't think I had a slot left.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Got a Clarissa dupe in daily pull. I'll take that. Got a Requiemroar dupe in ML pull Q_Q tho. Salt.jpg

Are you the one with Iseria rep?
[Hidden content]
Did you other one unfriend by itself? I didn't think I had a slot left.
Yeah I'm the one with Iseria .....I deleted the Ken account, so I guess this opened up the spot on your list.

Anyway thanks for the accept xD

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Saw this video of Dizzy being an arena cleaver. Probably not her most optimal use but it was cool to see what she can do.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
This collab is kinda nuts, character wise.

Sol is a cornerstone PVE character that should help a ton of players that don't have some of the more desirable units, and Dizzy is an absolute beast in PVP and high end PVE content.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
This collab is kinda nuts, character wise.

Sol is a cornerstone PVE character that should help a ton of players that don't have some of the more desirable units, and Dizzy is an absolute beast in PVP and high end PVE content.

I thought the collab was super disappointing and rushed?
The narrative keeps changing every week, I'm so confused.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I tried using Dizzy in Guild Wars today and it did not go well. I forgot to equip Sira-Ren. But just as an FYI, don't target teams with thieves that can crit to extra turns. I landed all three debuffs first turn but I still got wiped by a Karin that defense broke my Axe God with a crit, attacked again, R&L, and attacked again to kill Axe God. So much for the two turn debuffs...

I did play a Dizzy yesterday that must have had unity sets and some weird artifacts on the team but her dual attack proc'd like every turn and decimated me.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
So "The event is trash, apart from the aspects I like about it". Gotcha.
The fuck is this snark about.

The story is mediocre, the tournament they hyped up is INCREDIBLY disappointing, the fact that this collab seems to being pushing back QoL changes, and the grind is insane for new players.

The only saying grace is that the collab characters themselves, at least 2/3 of them, are great.

So, yeah. It's disappointing.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So my Dizzy luck continues to diminish since I pulled Charlotte in the free draw today. I'm reading she's a good offensive knight. My main team right now is Destina, Haste, Tywin, and Clarissa. Should I swap her for Tywin or Clarissa?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
It feels weird to see Dizzy's S3 fired all the time in this game. It's her IK in GG, and it's super rare to see those moves in actual games.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I find it funny how the GG characters are so much more powerful than the E7 world that the main villains are basically just getting their asses completely kicked when confronted.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Beat 10.10 but kinda cheated the last 3 chapters my level 50/60 friends pretty much carried me.

I got really learn the metagame and start building a real team.

Oct 25, 2017
So how exactly do you 6* heroes lol I guess the question is more how in gods name do get that many 5* to do it? Is it all just 5* fodder that you level up

Status
Not open for further replies.