• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
The fuck is this snark about.

The story is mediocre, the tournament they hyped up is INCREDIBLY disappointing, the fact that this collab seems to being pushing back QoL changes, and the grind is insane for new players.

The only saying grace is that the collab characters themselves, at least 2/3 of them, are great.

So, yeah. It's disappointing.

Just wanted to apologize for being snarky and you're right about the event.

I'm having a hard time focussing on leveling fodder, everyone else gets 3 times as many 6* in the time I get to one.
Part of the problem is that I keep leveling new units I got (like Dizzy and Aux Lots) instead, even though I don't even gear and use them.
Learn from my mistakes if you are new, always try to level 2* fodder or phantasms wherever you can! You need shit tons of them.

Hamchan

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Started playing and rerolled a couple of times but just accepted that an Angelica with another 4 star is good enough for me to start playing.

Hippocampus

Oct 27, 2017
Trying this out if anyone wants to throw me some sympathy friend units as I'm starting to get stomped at the end of Dizzy's story. ID: 211911244

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
But isnt the only way to get the dogs up is with fodder? Or is it better to feed them penguins?
For me I make the fastest progress on dogs when I can farm world adventure. Where my team is typically one strong carry and then the remaining team is either a gold dog, a silver dog, and a 2* fodder or a silver dog and 2 2* fodder.

Silver dogs get pushed to 3* with 2* fodder and then they get pushed to 4* with 2* fodder that I've awakened to 3*.

Gold dogs get pushed to 4* with 2* fodder I've pushed to 3* and then to 5* with the silver dogs I've pushed to 4*

Occasionally if I'm low on gold dogs I push a silver dog to 5* and sometimes I awaken 2* fodder to 4*. It's just a grind of using things that start at a lower * level to awaken things at a higher starting * level.

Pulled Sez on my free daily covenant summon 😮
congrats! I still want a Sez.

PancakeFlip

Oct 26, 2017
I sometimes feel like the game is primarily designed with profit in mind (duh) but almost to an "at all cost" extent where they very careful (although sometimes not even carefully) walk this line where they can make the most money without pissing of the base.

Which is just insane to me at a base level of running a business, a business where max profit is the foundation to the limit I can take my customer without pissing them off to the point that I start losing gains.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
But isnt the only way to get the dogs up is with fodder? Or is it better to feed them penguins?

Penguins are to raise levels, when people say "fodder" that usually means promotion material for higher star levels. You can't use penguins to promote units.

You probably know this, but maybe this helps some other newbies to split this up again:

The chain is mostly this:
2* "fodder" heroes -> use them to promote 2* Phantasms to 3* OR MORE IMPORTANTLY level them up to level 20, then use other 2* to promote them to 3*, and use them to promote 3* Phantasms to 4*!

2* Phantasms (silver) -> Phantasms come at max level, ready to promote! They also gain more XP than normal units so they are easier to level!
Use 2x 2* fodder heroes to make them 3*, then level them to level 30 to use 3x 3* fodders to make them 4*.

3* Phantasms (gold) -> Use 3x 3* fodder (or 3x 3* silver phantasms if you're impatient and/or have stigma lying around) to promote them to 4*. Level them to level 40, then use 3x 4* Phantasms (silver) to make them 5*! Bam, 1/5th of a 6* unit promotion done!

4* Phantasms (black) -> yay, no need to level these! Use 4x 4* Phantasms (silver, or gold if you are REALLY impatient) to make them 5*, easy.

For leveling any 2* fodder or any Phantasms, penguins are of course the easiest way. Using penguins costs gold, but no stamina, so it can be the preferred option. It's also quicker, duh.
The long and winding road to level them, is making teams that can drag a fodder or Phantasma along to clear anything you normally do, like lower Spirit Altar levels if you grind for runes anyway, or adventure stages when grinding for catalysts you need.
There are even decidated farming spots that people recommend to maximize XP gain per stamina (some of the labyrinth like adventure stages for example, because you defeat more monsters = gain more battle XP for the same stamina cost) if you want to focus on leveling promotion fodder.

Here's a reddit thread with a breakdown on XP gain and how it changes depending in how many maxed units you run:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EpicSeven/comments/a34xlp/math_exp_share_leveling_efficiency/

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I sometimes feel like the game is primarily designed with profit in mind (duh) but almost to an "at all cost" extent where they very careful (although sometimes not even carefully) walk this line where they can make the most money without pissing of the base.

Which is just insane to me at a base level of running a business, a business where max profit is the foundation to the limit I can take my customer without pissing them off to the point that I start losing gains.

The game has a lot of sub-systems in place that add up to create a considerable advantage to hardcore whales. The imprint system for example is one of them. Quite a good amount of people dish out over a hundred bucks to get a limited unit. Now a decent number of them will want to SSS the unit as well.... you can imagine how much money that makes Smilegate.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Imprints are all garbage except effectiveness, effect resist, and speed. Luckily I don't think any banner units have these imprints.

The reason most imprints suck is they're only applied to base stats and are applied at the end, so equipment doesn't effect them. If someone wants to whale for 120 extra attack when you can reach 3k+ fairly easily, go for it.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Imprints are all garbage except effectiveness, effect resist, and speed. Luckily I don't think any banner units have these imprints.

The reason most imprints suck is they're only applied to base stats and are applied at the end, so equipment doesn't effect them. If someone wants to whale for 120 extra attack when you can reach 3k+ fairly easily, go for it.
What about Crit Chance?

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017

Trust me, people do. And after these somewhat useless imprints, add their limit breaked 5* artifacts. Small gains once again, but gains nonetheless. And people dish out their livelihood for the competitive edge.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
The game has a lot of sub-systems in place that add up to create a considerable advantage to hardcore whales. The imprint system for example is one of them. Quite a good amount of people dish out over a hundred bucks to get a limited unit. Now a decent number of them will want to SSS the unit as well.... you can imagine how much money that makes Smilegate.

Agreed and it sucks a little bit.

But on the flipside, I feel no compulsion to be very competitive in PVP by getting everything SSS/max-geared/unlocked, because as a semi-F2P(btw), I will never be able to compete against those who spend thousands and thousands of dollars a month on this game. And there's a certain relieving comfort in that.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Cleared 10-10 with the new account - Ken/Clarissa beforehand was already easy....but Dizzy/Iseria/Clarissa really destroyed the normal story stages. Dizzy helps alot with handling PVE mob crowds even with shitty gear.

Sadly my ML pull was Watcher Schuri - useless since im not really interested in PVP.
Would have loved to get Requimroar again - was my MVP back then.
Pulled Sez on my free daily covenant summon 😮

Damn - nice pull, congrats.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didnt realise imprints only modified the raw stat. That does make them a bit shit. Regret blowing those slates now.

Oct 25, 2017
Penguins are to raise levels, when people say "fodder" that usually means promotion material for higher star levels. You can't use penguins to promote units.

You probably know this, but maybe this helps some other newbies to split this up again:

The chain is mostly this:
2* "fodder" heroes -> use them to promote 2* Phantasms to 3* OR MORE IMPORTANTLY level them up to level 20, then use other 2* to promote them to 3*, and use them to promote 3* Phantasms to 4*!

2* Phantasms (silver) -> Phantasms come at max level, ready to promote! They also gain more XP than normal units so they are easier to level!
Use 2x 2* fodder heroes to make them 3*, then level them to level 30 to use 3x 3* fodders to make them 4*.

3* Phantasms (gold) -> Use 3x 3* fodder (or 3x 3* silver phantasms if you're impatient and/or have stigma lying around) to promote them to 4*. Level them to level 40, then use 3x 4* Phantasms (silver) to make them 5*! Bam, 1/5th of a 6* unit promotion done!

4* Phantasms (black) -> yay, no need to level these! Use 4x 4* Phantasms (silver, or gold if you are REALLY impatient) to make them 5*, easy.

For leveling any 2* fodder or any Phantasms, penguins are of course the easiest way. Using penguins costs gold, but no stamina, so it can be the preferred option. It's also quicker, duh.
The long and winding road to level them, is making teams that can drag a fodder or Phantasma along to clear anything you normally do, like lower Spirit Altar levels if you grind for runes anyway, or adventure stages when grinding for catalysts you need.
There are even decidated farming spots that people recommend to maximize XP gain per stamina (some of the labyrinth like adventure stages for example, because you defeat more monsters = gain more battle XP for the same stamina cost) if you want to focus on leveling promotion fodder.

Here's a reddit thread with a breakdown on XP gain and how it changes depending in how many maxed units you run:
https://www.reddit.com/r/EpicSeven/comments/a34xlp/math_exp_share_leveling_efficiency/

You level up the dogs.

Use fodder to get the white and gold dogs to 4*. Then use the 4* white dogs to get the gold dogs to 5*.

Repeat

Thank you two do much for your advice!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Just cleared Abyss 81 with Dizzy, Lidica, Luna (forgot to equip daydream again lol, in fact junkyard dog worked against me by debugging Watcher) and Angelica on my first try since getting Dizzy. Dizzy absolutely wrecks havoc on the two red Schrui's while Luna and Lidica focused on Watcher Schuri and Angelica just tanked and healed.

I couldn't even come close before. Dizzy is really really really strong, especially with Sira Ren to stun/sleep/silence mobs.

I haven't event mola'd Dizzy otherwise into would have been even easier.

I've got Dizzy up to 206 Speed and 75% effectiveness, she barely tickles things but she's just so good at keeping incoming damage down.

Edit: 82 Abyss down as well, that was easy with Dizzy too.

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Finally upgraded my gear enough to auto Wyvern 11 90% of the time.....

Krau, Luna, Angelica, Taranor Guard (Level 50)

Short term goal is to get that up to 100% auto.
Medium term goal is to drop Krau, have Angelica tank and have Dizzy dps/debuff
Long term goal is to run with General Purrgiss, Luna, Dizzy and Angelica.

Ended up getting Dizzy about 60 summons in, got 2 of her artifacts before getting her.

Final collab count

Baiken x3
Dizzy x1, Necro & Undine x2

I think the very carefully walking the line ship has sailed a long time ago.

Compare ML Chloe & ML Sez to ML Ara and ML Baal.

Before Mystic Summons = ML Chloe
Before Mystic Packs = ML Sez
After Mystic Packs = ML Ara and ML Baal.

It's obviously working in the short term since E7 even outdid Dokkan in America last month..... but at what long term cost?

The powercreep trend is obvious and it has spiked alarmingly..... and while Ruele is just as BS as the newer ML units you couldn't whale your way to her via Mystic Packs. Watch them add Bellona to the last Baal rotation and then add an even more BS ML unit the week after.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Abyss 83 is just cruel RNG. Had Scorptera down to 25% health and it stunned Dizzy causing shit to fall apart fast. Might have to put Iela Violin on Dizzy to keep that debuff immunity removed and actually mola her up so I can apply more debuffs. I think I can out tank it and not use Arky to trigger the stun mechanic again as long as it stuns Lidica or Luna to start. I

Might trade Lidica for Baiken though to make sure I have one solid DPS and I'd be curious how much her detonate can do.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay, finally geared up my Dizzy and she's incredible. Well done, SG. Just a fun unit to use. Mine is set for speed/tankiness. I also built up my Baiken a bit and took her into pvp. She's a lot of fun and can really pop ice units, of which there are some in every pvp fight. And now to build up Destina. It's your time to shine, girl! I really need gear. And gold.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I finally got my Luna decent with gear and can consistently do W11 now. Not 100% but enough and it's not a long time.

Is this basically my life now?

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
There are now 2 free spots in ResetEra, courtesy of 2 ex-members who, for weeks, made no effort in improving their shameful lineup for GW. One of them actually had a slime and a phantasma in his team.

Hopefully they will be filled by new members more motivated.

I finally got my Luna decent with gear and can consistently do W11 now. Not 100% but enough and it's not a long time.

Is this basically my life now?

Well ... yes?

With this event, I have 3 new heroes to gear out, and am in dire need of Efficiency/Crit accessories. And more speed gear. I am so (not) looking forward to the hundreds of W11 runs I'll have to do once I'm done with farming the event...

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Speaking of Guilds, are the Catalyst Chests worth picking up from the shop each week? Also is there a good resource that tells you the best places to farm the weekly guild missions?

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
If you do some minimal aid each day (like 3 or 4, easy to do with exchanging runes and mats), and an average 2-3 important missions per day, you'll end up with more brave crests that needed for the only important weekly expenditure, the mola seed. I think the chest is the most profitable thing to do with the overflow. It's often not much, but sometimes you get nice surprises.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Speaking of Guilds, are the Catalyst Chests worth picking up from the shop each week? Also is there a good resource that tells you the best places to farm the weekly guild missions?

It's a gamble, but why not. You should definitely buy the MolaGora seed, but once you steadily earn enough brave crests, the catalyst chest is the next best thing to buy in my opinion, at least until you get good enough in the raid labyrinth to truely take advantage of the extra compass.

Good question about farming guide for guild quests, I hardly ever bother with those. I usually google that, and it will pop a reddit thread with the question and reply most of the time.
Otherwise I like https://epic7x.com/ as a ressource for game questions, they have the drop sites for all catalysts for example.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Going through adventure mode with Dizzy is like

D0AXVEv.jpg

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
If you do some minimal aid each day (like 3 or 4, easy to do with exchanging runes and mats), and an average 2-3 important missions per day, you'll end up with more brave crests that needed for the only important weekly expenditure, the mola seed. I think the chest is the most profitable thing to do with the overflow. It's often not much, but sometimes you get nice surprises.
It's a gamble, but why not. You should definitely buy the MolaGora seed, but once you steadily earn enough brave crests, the catalyst chest is the next best thing to buy in my opinion, at least until you get good enough in the raid labyrinth to truely take advantage of the extra compass.

Good question about farming guide for guild quests, I hardly ever bother with those. I usually google that, and it will pop a reddit thread with the question and reply most of the time.
Otherwise I like https://epic7x.com/ as a ressource for game questions, they have the drop sites for all catalysts for example.
Thanks for the help guys. Is the Phantasm not worth getting then?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Dizzy just enabled me to one shot Abyss 83, 84, and 85. What a broken character. I love it.

What else did you use in 83? Did you just debuff and focus on the boss or did you take down the crystal? What artifact? I'm gonna try again tonight but it was a pain last night with the RNG stun mechanic.

I'm gonna get her skill cooldowns with molas which should help and actually put Daydream Joker on Luna. I just need RNG to pick Lidica.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
What else did you use in 83? Did you just debuff and focus on the boss or did you take down the crystal? What artifact? I'm gonna try again tonight but it was a pain last night with the RNG stun mechanic.
I used Bellona, Dizzy, Angelica, and Baiken. Baiken did nothing and could have been replaced with any other DPS. I focused the crystal first and killed is ASAP. It needs to die and it needs to die fast. Then I got one of the adds to low health and switched to the boss. And when it rezzed an add I just killed it ASAP.

The reason why Dizzy is so OP is because the miss chance on the boss effects the stun chance. So you have a 50% chance to just...ignore the entire mechanic of the fight. And it also makes the adds do no damage.

For Artifact, I find Etica's Scepter to be the best for her. It's not good in PVP, but in long fights like abyss it can mean you're constantly pushing back the boss and adds so it rarely gets a chance to go.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Any tips for Sez on floor 63, was it? Heals and extra turns if debuffed.

Just fought him yesterday. I used Luna, Tamarine, Krau and Lidica.

It was mainly just deal as much damage as I could. His S3 barely scratched Krau.

I avoided using Lidica's S2 and only used the S3 to get the Skill ignore up. Only used Luna's S1 since her S3 does Defense Break.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Just fought him yesterday. I used Luna, Tamarine, Krau and Lidica.

It was mainly just deal as much damage as I could. His S3 barely scratched Krau.

I avoided using Lidica's S2 and only used the S3 to get the Skill ignore up. Only used Luna's S1 since her S3 does Defense Break.

So raw damage is all? Snormy also suggested full-on debuffs while heal blocking. Of course that's a tad risky. My main team consists of C.Dom + Catissa + Phyllis + Tama, so maybe I could do it with just damage. Do provoke and unhealable count as proper debuffs?

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Thanks for the help guys. Is the Phantasm not worth getting then?
It's totally worth getting, you can only buy it once per month anyway though.
If you're low on brave crests, yes, save up for the 4* phantasma first. The month is long enough for you to buy some other things too though.

Status
Not open for further replies.