• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I used Bellona, Dizzy, Angelica, and Baiken. Baiken did nothing and could have been replaced with any other DPS. I focused the crystal first and killed is ASAP. It needs to die and it needs to die fast. Then I got one of the adds to low health and switched to the boss. And when it rezzed an add I just killed it ASAP.

The reason why Dizzy is so OP is because the miss chance on the boss effects the stun chance. So you have a 50% chance to just...ignore the entire mechanic of the fight. And it also makes the adds do no damage.

For Artifact, I find Etica's Scepter to be the best for her. It's not good in PVP, but in long fights like abyss it can mean you're constantly pushing back the boss and adds so it rarely gets a chance to go.

Didn't have Erica's Scepter. I mola'd up Dizzy swapped out Lidica for Baiken and did it on my 6th try. The key was actually not using souls for Angelica's 4 turn immunity and instead saving them to use Arky as soon as there was a respawn. Relied on Dizzy's crit down to mitigate debuffs.

I was trying to tank it out but you're right was easier to take down the crystal and keep it down. I was forced into that when Angelica got stunned to start the fight.

Baiken actually did wonderful damage, was better than Lidica and could take care of the stone if it didn't heal first with an S2 -> S3. Landed some real big detonates on the boss too.

Thanks for the tips. I tried Iela Violin to take out the barrier and debuff immunity but it wasn't consistent enough and Sira Ren was occasionally sleeping the adds which was nice.

A lot of RNG though, kind of a ridiculous fight.

Edit: Finished 84 with the same team, what a joke, he didn't even get his special off. Also beat floor 85 first try as well. Dizzy held the crystals in stun the entire time and extended Luna's defense break. Baiken does crazy detonate damage with bleeds all extended.

tl;dr Dizzy is a powerhouse and I've cleared Abyss 81-85 all in one try except 83 since I finished building her. Amazing how wrong the hot takes were on her, easily the new OP unit.

My gear is a hot mess on Dizzy too, built for pure speed until I get better accessories that actually go well (using a neck with crit chance as main stat and ring with health).

FwvwPqw.jpg

It's totally worth getting, you can only buy it once per month anyway though.
If you're low on brave crests, yes, save up for the 4* phantasma first. The month is long enough for you to buy some other things too though.

Always buy the seeds first. Can't grow them, but you can always grind out dogs.

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
What are the benefits of being on an arena streak? If I want to reset the people I can play I'll lose my streak, but not sure what I'm losing out on by doing that. (I would like to be able to take on everyone but my arena team is not quite ready for that as of yet.)
It's totally worth getting, you can only buy it once per month anyway though.
If you're low on brave crests, yes, save up for the 4* phantasma first. The month is long enough for you to buy some other things too though.
Thanks for the help. I worked out how much I was getting each week on average and you were right, there's definitely enough to get the seeds each week, the phantasma, and a few catalyst chests each month.

Soulez

Oct 27, 2017
Looking for some advice, everything I've read, indicates that you should concentrate on about 6 core characters at most. I have been running with a team of:

Hazel 4* Lvl 40 (Working on mats to promote 5*)
Jecht 4* Lvl 40 (Working on mats to promote 5*)
Kluri 4* Lvl 40 (Working on mats to promote 5*)
Vildred 5* Lvl 41
With Karin 4* Lvl 34 when needing a little more dps over Kluri (Rarely)

In the last, two days, I've summoned/unlocked
Tenebria - which I read could be good to team up with Hazel once she's been SC
Lorina - which I read was one of the best DPS you can get once she's been SC
Angelica - is Angelica
Kiris - Great for Abyss

So I am thinking Angelica, Vildred, and Lorina, as part of the main core, but then I'm stuck.

Is Hazel/Jecht really needed now that I have Angelica?
Should I go with Kiris and go with 3 DPS and Angelica?

This quickly got overwhelming lol. Any advice would be greatly appreciate, thanks in advance.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Got my first ever guild war victories today after playing the game for around a month, happy to finally contribute something to my random Japanese guild that I joined and who have stuck with me despite me clearly being low level and working my way up haha

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I already had Dizzy, but I wanted more copies of the artifact and to maybe get one more copy of her to help promote. Then I just felt like pulling so I kept going almost all the way to my second pity, since I had the resources to do so from my climb to Legend last week. Got my second Dizzy with 4 pulls to the second guarantee, I did find a couple more artifacts along the way but not enough to MLB. I was feeling some regret but then I did an ML summon and out popped a Maid Chloe. Well then. I've got so many characters to work on now I won't care too much about rolling for a while (even though I suspect we're in for major powercreep after Dizzy).

Dizzy herself has made my Wyvern 11 auto team a bit more reliable and I think it'll reach 100% success rate once I finish her gear and upgrade her cooldowns. She's also quite common in Arena now, combined with Baal and ML Aramintha spamming debuffs I felt it was time to finish the Destina project I've been planning for weeks. My Destina has 165% effect resist and pretty respectable other stats, wish I had more than 140 speed but it's hard to get that AND massive effect resist/HP. It's pretty funny watching her wipe off 4-5 debuffs from everyone on my team and having them get a massive amount of CR from her cleanse. Only problem is that even with 165% effect resist I still eat stuns occasionally, and Dizzy is usually built so fast she can get another S3 off way too soon. I guess since everyone at champion tier has ML Baal they don't use Iela Violin on their Dizzy and bring Necro+Undine instead to get that second round of debuffs out.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Got my first ever guild war victories today after playing the game for around a month, happy to finally contribute something to my random Japanese guild that I joined and who have stuck with me despite me clearly being low level and working my way up haha

Congrats! It's fun to finally start contributing to the Guild Wars. I found once I started winning there I started focusing on PvP more to get better at it and Arena became fun as well. At this point my guild sticks around Level 15.5 flipping back and forth from 15 to 16, but it's a good blend of high Master/low Challenger opponents.

I actually have enough geared units now that if one dies I don't fall apart for the rest of my GW matches.

This quickly got overwhelming lol. Any advice would be greatly appreciate, thanks in advance.

There's no one team that'll clear everything but Angelica, Vildred, Lorina will take you far. Kluri can buff strip and defense break which you are lacking. I'd go with her for now until a better option comes around she'll be tremendous in mid game to some early end game content. Kiris is very situational to kill some bosses.

Basically you have a healer/tank in Angelica and two DPS so you need a buffer/debuffer or you'll struggle with speed/damage later on. I went the Falconer Kluri route and while she's a cheerleader on the sidelines now she served her purpose in getting me further in the content until I got new characters.

As far as specialty changing and filling our Lorina and Fluri's skill trees...it's a lot and there are viable alternatives you'll probably pull in the future so don't go too nuts on grinding them out. I never went past 5* and maybe have half of Fluri's tree filled out.

Edit: to Mupod's point Tenebria synergizes well with Vildred and her S2 also is a CR pushback so that's useful. So she could work instead of Fluri as your defense breaker, but you should definitely incorporate defense break into your team.

Last edited:

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I have a horde of 6* and a lot of them have 'okay' gear. I definitely have put some thought into setting them up so that they can sub in for a similar character I tend to lose to bad RNG in GW fights. For example in the last one I lost Judge Kise to an easy opponent due to Yufine landing a def break through Kise's high resist/strak gauntlet followed by a dual attack triggered by their Angelica. Shit happens. But I can swap in Lidica who has similar speed and can fulfill a similar role of crowd control. Likewise my Cidd dies sometimes but Baiken can one-shot people just as well.

Looking for some advice, everything I've read, indicates that you should concentrate on about 6 core characters at most. I have been running with a team of:

Vildred 5* Lvl 41

Angelica - is Angelica
Kiris - Great for Abyss

So I am thinking Angelica, Vildred, and Lorina, as part of the main core, but then I'm stuck.

Vildred is amazing for leveling fodder in adventure mode, and it's always welcome to see one in your friend's lead slot. People slept on him early on because he isn't a good single target damage dealer but he has plenty of uses.

I believe Tenebria has an AOE def break which pairs really well with Vildred in content like PVP, general farming, Azimanak hunt, and Arakahan. Also she is a cute.

Angelica is incredibly useful and I do agree you should focus on her above the other soul weavers. Hazel and Jecht are pretty cool in their niche though.

Lorina may have fallen out of the limelight a little bit but she is still an extremely strong, reliable PVE damage dealer as long as you've got the right support for her (def break is essential). Also she's great in raids/labyrinths because it's easy to make a high morale team with her. For the content you're working on right now, investing in her will help a lot.

Kiris is extremely strong in Abyss but you don't need to 6* her. Just work on a good effectiveness/speed/hp set on the side.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Tried my luck at getting Dizzys Artifact - no luck.....but in the process of it i encountered this lovely Lady.

Hell yeah - my most wanted, the account is safe for the near-future.
Aither, you have been a good friend but its time to move on xD

Vildred 5* Lvl 41

Angelica - is Angelica
Kiris - Great for Abyss

Resources are limited and getting to your first 6* can take quite a while - so while there isnt one perfect approach i would recommend you to work on other units only as much as needed right now to clear content and focus on 6*in your main farmer (Vildred) first - he is the one that will carry your squad during these endless runs of farming event stages.

Lorina is also a good choice because of her Dark Element and damage/boss killer potential post SC - you will have to invest quite a bit to get there though. Personally i would go Vildred first and then Lorina...unless you manage to pull an even better main dps unit in the meantime.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
dizzy is stupid op

shes also cute

dizzy is now my best friend

It's kinda silly. I learned today that with her I can actually tank the W11 barrier burst attack if I don't burn it down fast enough. It's basically bypassing the mechanic lol.

Going to try and tackle 86, 87, and 88 tonight. I want those mystic summons before the rotation changes. Dizzy & ML Baal seems to be ridiculously OP in arena.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Is it better to dedicate stamina to leveling fodder for promoting heroes or grinding hunts for gear for a new player? Which provides a more potent boost?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Is it better to dedicate stamina to leveling fodder for promoting heroes or grinding hunts for gear for a new player? Which provides a more potent boost?
Gear is essential in this game - a 5* with great gear will be better than 6* with average gear for the most part. But you need 6* heroes to farm the really good gear - i wouldnt worry to much about farming gear early on outside of the guaranteed Epic drops from the Lab.

You will spend most of your time gear hunting soon enough - promoting your core hero squad as a beginner is more important.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Gear is essential in this game - a 5* with great gear will be better than 6* with average gear for the most part. But you need 6* heroes to farm the really good gear - i wouldnt worry to much about farming gear early on outside of the guaranteed Epic drops from the Lab.

You will spend most of your time gear hunting soon enough - promoting your core hero squad as a beginner is more important.

Alrighty, that makes sense. Thanks~

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think it's really only worth grinding gear if you can complete the later hunt stages, like 10 or 11. Anything before that costs too much stamina for subpar gear. If you can't do Hunt 11, try doing Abyss. The Abyss gear will carry you until you can do more difficult Hunts. And even labyrinth gear isn't bad at the beginning. If you do hit a wall you may have to do earlier Hunts, but I think leveling and promoting can be done while grinding catalysts or side story, so I'd do that.

Soulez

Oct 27, 2017
Just wanted to quickly thank those that responded, very much appreciated.

I'm going to go with Angelica, Vildred, Lorina, and Tenebria for now. That way I only have to worry about SC for one character instead of two (Lorina and Kluri). Also with Tenebria already being a 5 Star, I can concentrate on promotions for Lorina and Angelina for the hike to 5 Star versus 3 characters.

I'm sure I'll eventually pull someone else that will change that, but alas, that's the way these things work.

Thanks again.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Should Sol / Mascot Hazel / Shuri / Amarintha work for Golem 11? I feel like I could do with a defence breaker instead of Shuri or Amarintha but unfortunately don't have a red one.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Who are some good and easily accessible units to pair with Lorina? She just became my first 6* character and I'd like to have a better idea of who to group with her for PvE autoing. She's easily my best damage dealer right now.

Right now my team is Angelica + lorina + silk + Mercedes, though Mercedes will likely be replaced with either Dizzy or Sol in the future once they level up though.

Still really feeling the small inventory and roster space. I've spent on a few expansions but it still feels restrictive.

And this game needs some kind of automated puppy mill button. So many phantasms to level, promote, feed, and so on. Over and over until the end of time.

Oct 25, 2017
Who are some good and easily accessible units to pair with Lorina? She just became my first 6* character and I'd like to have a better idea of who to group with her for PvE autoing. She's easily my best damage dealer right now.

Right now my team is Angelica + lorina + silk + Mercedes, though Mercedes will likely be replaced with either Dizzy or Sol in the future once they level up though.

Still really feeling the small inventory and roster space. I've spent on a few expansions but it still feels restrictive.

And this game needs some kind of automated puppy mill button. So many phantasms to level, promote, feed, and so on. Over and over until the end of time.
Silk is already a good pair with Lorina, if you have Infinity Basket for her.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
I lapsed pretty hard on this game but with the guilty gear collab I've come back and actually six-starred some units. Currently working on getting my later hunt stages set up. Trying to come up with who to invest mats in is pretty tough.

I was in one of the ERA guilds but was removed after inactivity. Are there still a few kicking around? I'm in some jobber guild right now. Can't even do guild wars.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
Pulled Charlotte today, not sure I am up to building her at this time. Seems counter set is the preferred setup with her.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
I lapsed pretty hard on this game but with the guilty gear collab I've come back and actually six-starred some units. Currently working on getting my later hunt stages set up. Trying to come up with who to invest mats in is pretty tough.

I was in one of the ERA guilds but was removed after inactivity. Are there still a few kicking around? I'm in some jobber guild right now. Can't even do guild wars.

We have spot open in EpicEra, if you're max level, we'll deploy your for Guild War for sure - just let me know your ingame name, so I spot your application.

The guilds Overflow and EpicReset are also still active!

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest

Taranor Guard, has Def break and increase chance to combo assist. Common 3* blue and also use able (if invested) for wyvern. Would probably replace merc.
If you can get Sol he is great once geared up a bit.

Falconer Kluri and Mascot Hazel can be good too but needs spec change and investment.

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
We have spot open in EpicEra, if you're max level, we'll deploy your for Guild War for sure - just let me know your ingame name, so I spot your application.

The guilds Overflow and EpicReset are also still active!

I'm in the waiting period after leaving my jobber guild. I'll apply asap!

I'm Yahweh0707 in game.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Floor 86...never ever again, what an RNG shit show.

I think I partially had the wrong team comp but the amount of times I triggered one the the Ken's counter with a dual attack was soooo annoying. Lots of times just having the mushroom explode right before a Ken S2 which grants an extra turn if no buffs or right before a Ken S3 and he just picks the back row EVERYTIME. Getting the timing and consistency right was a nightmare. Had to go with Kromcruz for the cool down in case I got in a bind.

Anyhow, team was Luna/Angelica/Dizzy. That was harder than the Scorptera nonsense.

Edit:

Wrapped up 87 and 88 as well, second try for each of them, just needed to time skills properly to not get blown up. I quite honestly don't know how beating any of these would have been possible without Dizzy. I guess you'd really need either Diene or Tama to just do ridiculous burst damage otherwise the adds and mechanics are just overwhelming. That or absurd gear, I'm still rocking 71 or lower gear on my Luna and my Dizzy still has a ring in the 50s.

Should I dump my Mystic Summons now for ML Baal?

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Is Dingo being used a lot in PVP now because he's better than Kitty Clarissa or just more available?

Also what's generally considered top tier speed stat on gear? 12? 14? 16?

Is Dizzy the best hero in the game now when you look at everything she can do?

Should Sol / Mascot Hazel / Shuri / Amarintha work for Golem 11? I feel like I could do with a defence breaker instead of Shuri or Amarintha but unfortunately don't have a red one.

I would drop Ara for FKluri or Shadow Rose if you have her.

Sol is going to be doing the heavy lifting on that team.

Any tips for Sez on floor 63, was it? Heals and extra turns if debuffed.

I was trying that fight before going to bed, saw what happened as soon as he got debuffed and just yielded lol... was using Krau, Angelica, Charles and Baiken so there was no way I was going to win that fight.

Going to try again with Angelica, Krau, Luna with skills off and I guess I'll put gear on my level 50 Yuna, C.Dom or Lorina.... maybe I'll try with Sol first....

Last edited:

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Any suggestions who should I turn to a 6* first my best heroes right now are Lorina (started that long road to specialty change her), Angelica, and Destina, I also have Dizzy and pre specialty Kluri.

Right now im more focused on PvE, I only PvP for daily reward and guild.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Any suggestions who should I turn to a 6* first my best heroes right now are Lorina (started that long road to specialty change her), Angelica, and Destina, I also have Dizzy and pre specialty Kluri.

Right now im more focused on PvE, I only PvP for daily reward and guild.
I would do Angelica if you are using her as a tank. Lorina and Dizzy are both good, Lorina needs her spec change and heavy investment. Do not bother with Kluri until you get her specialty change and some of the skills as well. If you manage to get Sol Badguy, I would do him.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Is Dizzy the best hero in the game now when you look at everything she can do?

PVE: Tough call, she's clearly neutering a lot of the Abyss floors, I don't know how I would have gotten all the way through 88 without her since I don't have Diene or Tama. She's enabling W11 for a lot of folks. The fact that she may not be great in the raid due to her debuffs and every skill being AoE probably keeps her from being the best unit in the game. Diene, Tama, and Angelica are just as good IMO and I think Diene with buffs and healing is a more reliable mechanic than damage dealing and debuffing.

PVP: She's a top tier unit but ML Baal and ML Ara are still better IMO. Maybe if you get her 100% effectiveness/230 speed, and have her S3 soulburn ready to go by the time she acts but she still needs a buff stripper to lead off and heavy investment into artifacts and team comp.

Combined: Maybe? Diene maybe is the only other unit equally as usefull in PvE and PvP. That's not even touching ML Ken but I'm not sure where he stands now.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
My Dizzy is almost done so I suppose I should start thinking about tackling Abyss 90 again. It's such a huge waste of time when you fail it though. Angelica, Luna, Dizzy, and Ruele or Maid Chloe is the team I'm considering. I did see people Kiris cheesing it but I'd like to try it with real characters before I give up. Maid Chloe would help my damage but I wonder if the attack up/revive would get wiped out by dispel spam, Ruele is safer but I still need to outpace Aither's heals. My previous attempt used Ruele/Luna/Blaze Dingo/Angelica and I couldn't even dent Aither.

Anyways, just need to get Dizzy's cooldown reduction on S2 (4 more molas or so) and get her accessories from 12-13 to 15. My Wyvern runs seem to be 100% reliable now, at least I haven't had it fail since I got her to the point where she was faster than the boss itself (around 215). That in itself is pretty huge for me as sometimes I'd try to do my Wyvern autos in the morning before work only to have a bad streak of 3-4 failures and end up wasting energy. Using Dizzy, Chloe, Angelica and Luna.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I was trying that fight before going to bed, saw what happened as soon as he got debuffed and just yielded lol... was using Krau, Angelica, Charles and Baiken so there was no way I was going to win that fight.

Going to try again with Angelica, Krau, Luna with skills off and I guess I'll put gear on my level 50 Yuna, C.Dom or Lorina.... maybe I'll try with Sol first....
I am also stuck on abyss 63, but im trying to build a team around buff rather than debuffs now

Since clearing that stage, I have been free-cruising through the abyss. Autoing wave 1 of floor 71 as we speak. Sez wasn't a big problem in the end. Keep your def up if you can, you'll mow him down eventually.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
My Dizzy is almost done so I suppose I should start thinking about tackling Abyss 90 again. It's such a huge waste of time when you fail it though. Angelica, Luna, Dizzy, and Ruele or Maid Chloe is the team I'm considering. I did see people Kiris cheesing it but I'd like to try it with real characters before I give up. Maid Chloe would help my damage but I wonder if the attack up/revive would get wiped out by dispel spam, Ruele is safer but I still need to outpace Aither's heals. My previous attempt used Ruele/Luna/Blaze Dingo/Angelica and I couldn't even dent Aither.

Isn't the main approach to provoke Aither with Fluri?

I don't think I'll bother with Abyss 89/90 until there is another power creep. The rewards are fine, but not worth the effort to be disappointed by another ML pull lol. Abyss 86-88 took a lot of me last night, my wife was even giving me the side stare when I was getting mad at the RNG in the Ken fights lol.

In other news my 500 mystic bookmarks from Floor 88 netted me a bajillion Kluris and Tieras and one Tagehel's Tome. Was hoping to get more Tome's so I could limit break it and get it on Dizzy for PvP. Still haven't pulled a ML from Mystic.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Silk is already a good pair with Lorina, if you have Infinity Basket for her.
Ah, I just looked through my stash and I do have infinity basket. Just put it on Silk, thanks.

Taranor Guard, has Def break and increase chance to combo assist. Common 3* blue and also use able (if invested) for wyvern. Would probably replace merc.
If you can get Sol he is great once geared up a bit.

Falconer Kluri and Mascot Hazel can be good too but needs spec change and investment.
I have Sol and his artifact, but I'm not grinding for dupes. But he is leveling up slowly in the background. I'll have to get gear for him later.

Exellus

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
I kinda want to check this game out?

Is there anything I need to absolutely NOT do? Or Absolutely DO? For the first few hours at least.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017

Is there anything I need to absolutely NOT do? Or Absolutely DO? For the first few hours at least.
Your important first big gacha pull is at level 1-10, that's where people start giving advice on who to roll for.
Before that, maybe don't sell any heroes or artifacts for gold yet, but unless you go out of your way to remove things from your inventory before even understanding what they do, I don't think you can mess up unless you actively try.

Gear below level 44 is mostly worthless, so don't worry too much about what to equip for the first few chapters.

Important for beginners: There is an event that gives you free stuff hidden away in the little ad banners in the lobby. Look out for the little banner with Aither that says "Thank you" and tap it.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017

Do not blow your molagora left and right. Save them until you get a grasp on the game's mechanics. They're a time/event-gated resource and at the moment there's no way to get them back once you spend them, and they're VERY important.

Hamster0

Dec 4, 2018
Since clearing that stage, I have been free-cruising through the abyss. Autoing wave 1 of floor 71 as we speak. Sez wasn't a big problem in the end. Keep your def up if you can, you'll mow him down eventually.

it was actually 62, not 63 that has sez that heals off debuffs. I just had to re-arrange my team a bit and was able to beat him using Mascot Hazel, Luna, Coli, and F.Fluri, tho quite slowly since i couldnt debuff him.

My F.Fluri was just there to have slightly more heals, slight cr push and meatbag.

Have since auto'ed 63 and 64.

*Edit: actually didn't auto 64, left it on auto and walked away. had to manual 64

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah FGO just takes a marketing paintball machine gun and shoots that shit EVERYWHERE at anime conventions.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
How many runs in arena do y'all do each day? And when does season 2 end?

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Slotted my level 30 Sez into my guilty gear grinding team to level him up a bit, equipped him with Dust Devil and hes surprisingly effective lol

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
How many runs in arena do y'all do each day? And when does season 2 end?
I just do the 5 for the daily reward.

But then I don't care about PvP at all, outside of its skystone rewards.

Should I be doing more matches? I already dislike redoing the npc matches over and over. They feel like a chore.

Status
Not open for further replies.