• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
So, cidd is good? i ignore him since he's hard to build, need high attack and 100% crit

That is one mighty fine Baiken you got there.

Cidd is great, even if you only get him to something like 70% crit. Since he hits so often due to good speed, you get a crit eventually. Critting nets him a speed buff, once he's speed buffed he deals more damage. That's the main reason why you want him build for crit, so he keeps buffing himself infinitely with high damage output and lots of hits.

Also because he does a shit ton of damage.
If you can build him optimally, he's the second highest damage dealer in the game on paper after Bellona:

https://www.reddit.com/r/EpicSeven/comments/ardgqy/optimal_gearartifact_calculations_for_luna_v2/

He's really fun basically. Out of all the 4*, he's definitely in the Top 3 most useful, maybe even No 2 after Angelica.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Sure, but if they were going to remove it why keep it and add in the text for only one week? Better yet, why not publicly announce the nerf?
That's weird. Originally they announced they were going to remove it, then went back and said actually we'll leave it in and update the text. I wonder if the effects actually gone or the text reverted.

http://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/board/list/e7en001/view/3167915

Edit:
I gave abyss 90 a try the first round and the first two phases of the second round aren't that bad, but after going below 50% on the last phase I got wrecked. It takes so long to get to the final phase so I don't know how much I want to move around gear/try different units.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the changes they made to the text just got reverted in some revision control mistake. They'll fix it.

Ennsa any luck on the tournament battle?

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
m9sjsi.jpg

My 1st try at abyss 90, tama, angie, dizzy, and luna

all went fine until she started doing dual atk at 30% hp and killed my luna in 1 turn. dammit

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
m9sjsi.jpg

all went fine until she started doing dual atk at 30% hp and killed my luna in 1 turn. dammit

that's about how it went for me. Took like an hour to get there too.

I might stick with my team of Maid Chloe, Dizzy, Luna but I also might swap out Angelica for Ruele. The debuff spam wasn't as bad as I thought it'd be, whereas the dispel spam was worse. I'll need to give Dizzy more hp gear and make sure Luna has Daydream Joker or something.

For the sub-50% damage spike I suppose I could save Maid Chloe's S3 for right after the dispel and hope the revive is enough. Tamarinne would make this more than doable but I could say that about a lot of stuff.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
m9sjsi.jpg

Yeah, that was the same team I attempted it with. I lost Dizzy first to dual attacks after the threshold then I later lost Luna. I lost Luna because I had a harder time with debuffs since my Angelica only has 124 speed, so I couldn't save her from unhealable.

She's supposed to take less damage and heal when debuffed right? Does anyone know the magnitude? I didn't use Dizzy's s3 for that phase. I know I've seen some people say poison outdoes it but I wonder if I could punch through with Luna.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, that was the same team I attempted it with. I lost Dizzy first to dual attacks after the threshold then I later lost Luna. I lost Luna because I had a harder time with debuffs since my Angelica only has 124 speed, so I couldn't save her from unhealable.

She's supposed to take less damage and heal when debuffed right? Does anyone know the magnitude? I didn't use Dizzy's s3 for that phase. I know I've seen some people say poison outdoes it but I wonder if I could punch through with Luna.

the problem isn't the healing or reduced damage. It's that she jumps up the CR meter rapidly whenever you hit her while she's debuffed. It causes more problems than it's worth.

I have been thinking of trying to overpower it with Bellona. Luna didn't even come close.

SaberX85

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

yeah. i think poison will do well here. one time i poisoned her with dizzy's sira ren and the damage is quite a lot.

Well, my dizzy practically useless in the 3rd phase, maybe i should swap her with kluri or someone. but then the 2nd phase will be a lot harder without dizzy lol

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
the problem isn't the healing or reduced damage. It's that she jumps up the CR meter rapidly whenever you hit her while she's debuffed. It causes more problems than it's worth.

I have been thinking of trying to overpower it with Bellona. Luna didn't even come close.
Good to know, saves me a fair bit of time.

yeah. i think poison will do well here. one time i poisoned her with dizzy's sira ren and the damage is quite a lot
I know Dizzy is pretty cheesy for Abyss balance but for the most part I've been trying to avoid using Kiris, so far I've only used her for Lots.

A successful attempt for me might have to wait until I can get Angie to a better balance of speed/defensive stats and/or more potion vials.

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
I beat abyss 90 with Tama with the vial, crimson Armin with hilags Lance, Krau with aurius, and Luna with joker.

I would advise not using debuffs in the 3rd phase of the boss. I timed Armin's s3 to use right after Tenebria dispels all buffs, and used soulburn to lower it's cooldown. I used Tama's S3 to cleanse debuffs when they became troublesome. Krau just put up defense buffs when he could, and Luna used her s1 every turn.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm guessing the changes they made to the text just got reverted in some revision control mistake. They'll fix it.

Ennsa any luck on the tournament battle?
In the very first fight I put Sira Ren on Dizzy, I stun/slept most of the enemy team which game me enough time to kill one of them. Unfortunately my inexperience with Ruele and her ability to revive immediately after just destroyed me mentally. After that I never got so lucky again.

I seem to have better chances using Dizzy's S1 first to stun before using her S3 and S2. Right now I'm just focusing on hunts because I've been neglecting my gear while trying to grind this event.

Nov 3, 2017
So I've got enough bookmarks to guarantee a second Dizzy, but I won't have much left after that. Do you guys reckon it's worth it?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
In the very first fight I put Sira Ren on Dizzy, I stun/slept most of the enemy team which game me enough time to kill one of them. Unfortunately my inexperience with Ruele and her ability to revive immediately after just destroyed me mentally. After that I never got so lucky again.

I seem to have better chances using Dizzy's S1 first to stun before using her S3 and S2. Right now I'm just focusing on hunts because I've been neglecting my gear while trying to grind this event.

Bummer! Told you to take out Ruele first :)

Try again at the end of the event when you have some better gear. Upgrading Sira Ren may be worth it to for the increased chance to proc. It'll proc on your S3 as well so you could keep restarting the fight until your S3 debuffs + sleeps/silence. Might take a while but you'll get it. Good luck!

Oct 25, 2017

Try again at the end of the event when you have some better gear. Upgrading Sira Ren may be worth it to for the increased chance to proc. It'll proc on your S3 as well so you could keep restarting the fight until your S3 debuffs + sleeps/silence. Might take a while but you'll get it. Good luck!
that was one tanking fucking Ruele though. depending on your setup taking her out first before getting blown up will be hard

Oct 25, 2017
You will likely yell lol But I still am just not understanding the process or the system of going from 5* to 6*...just the point to point process.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017

For experimentation I ended up putting my level 40 Romann on the team just for the s3 and I was on the verge of beating it. All the stars seemed to align just right. Romann was removing their buffs shortly after all of them cast theirs, Dizzy was getting a constant stream of stun/silence to prevent them from casting more, and Angelica could freely heal while Sol was stunned to use Volcanic Viper. Ruele didn't die but their entire team was really low on health.

Then I fucked it all up.

I misclicked and accidentally used my heal on a full health Romann while my Sol was dying. The rest of the team didn't have the single target damage to finish off Ruele and I lost again.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
You will likely yell lol But I still am just not understanding the process or the system of going from 5* to 6*...just the point to point process.

I was the same way initially, it was one of the reasons I dropped off. It wasn't until I played another Korean gacha with a more streamlined system did I start to understand how it works. This is a staple of Korean gacha games in general.

Basically, If you have a 3* hero, once you've reached max level, you can promote them to a 4* by sacrificing 3 other 3* units. While you can technically use gacha heroes, the only gacha heroes that you should promote with are dupes. The optimal way to promote outside of dupes is by utilizing fodder units: the 2* summons that constantly drop and Phantasmas.

First, run a 2* unit alongside your grinding team (when catalyst or weekly guild mission farming, for example) to leech exp and reach max level 20. After that, you promote the 2* by using 2 2* fodder drops. You do that 3 times in order to have three 3* fodder units, which you can then use to promote a max level 3* hero to 4*.

For 5*-ing and 6*-ing, that's where the Phantasmas (while/gold dogs that you can grow) come in. Phantasmas come at max level, so you can immediately promote the white 2* to 3* and the gold 3* to 4* with fodder units. On top of that, they gain exp faster than normal units, so they require less grinding to reach max level. There's also a 4* black Phantasma that can immediately be promoted to 5* if you have 4 4* fodder/Phantasmas. So in order to 6* a unit, you ideally want to have 5 5* Phantasmas assuming you don't have dupes. You basically want to always have fodder/Phantasmas in your grinding team to constantly work towards those promotions slowly.

Outside of Phantasmas, if you pull multiple copies of the same hero (such as if you have 6 total copies of Sol), you can essentially use those dupes as fodder as well, which is why they give you the option of using normal heroes for promotions. Promoting or enhancing using dupe heroes also gives memory imprints, which are basically small stat increases.

It's convoluted and grindy as all hell but welcome to Korean gacha games.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I'm curious if anyone got a near perfect piece of gear yet. I'm talking substat weighted totals nearing maximum value.

I think for ilvl 85 its 72, and for ilvl 88 its 90? (I dont know if that start values for 88 can be 10%, but I think you can have a starting value of 5 spd)

Most I've hit is 63 but on two helms that are frighteningly similar (seriously i felt like I bugged this out or something?)

90cd507c-0957-408b-8delkst.png

452ac2dd-f4bd-44e6-abuhj26.png

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Good news: got my first 6* character!
7VLaM1dh.jpg

Bad news: grinded all the materials I needed for Tournament Hard but cant beat the final fight :(

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Good news: got my first 6* character!

Bad news: grinded all the materials I needed for Tournament Hard but cant beat the final fight :(

Man that sucks. How close are you? There is still some time though. If you have Dizzy, you can try and stun lock some characters with her S1. Pump her effectiveness a bit and cross your fingers. Try to get Ruele first, the last thing you need is for her to resurrect someone.

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Man that sucks. How close are you? There is still some time though. If you have Dizzy, you can try and stun lock some characters with her S1. Pump her effectiveness a bit and cross your fingers. Try to get Ruele first, the last thing you need is for her to resurrect someone.
In the attempts that I made, I tried to focus Ruele down but Dominiel would act first increasing everyone's attack and combat readiness, I'd try and put unhealable on Ruele but she would just cleanse it, fully heal herself and make her invincible, then Dominiel and Sol would be one-shotting everyone while Hazel keeps everyone topped up, I dont think I ever managed to kill any of them because the combination of healing between Ruele and Hazel and the constant onslaught of DPS from the other 2 just made it seem like I wasnt making any progress. I think I nearly killed Dominiel once but then she got fully healed and made invincible

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
How easy is it to recover an account I dropped my phone today and the screen just flashes now, when i first played I signed in with my gmail account.

If I install the game on another phone do I just sign in with my gmail account to ge my original account back?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Honeymoon phase slowly coming to an end 10 days in.
Farmed the reasonable extra Sol copies (3) and used two 5* fodders to make Sol my first 6* unit. Wanted to go with Clarissa first since she is my main farmer but upgrading Sol just made more sense - he is really good and i dont think im gonna have Lorina SC anytime soon.

Next goal is to get Cidd to a 4* and only then im going back to working on Clarissa as a 6*.
Will continue to farm the event for the next couple days to get some Awakening materials, after that its back to story and most importantly gear farming through Lab. My main units have like around 20k CP right now and that sucks lol - getting quality rings+amulets seems to much more difficulty this time around. Cant wait to get to Rank 50 so i can just get good one through the secret shop.

Reached Abyss lvl 50, so things are getting a bit more difficult here as well and i cant just auto the stages anymore heh. Need to make it to the second Lifesteal Gear set - would help me and the dire gear situation quite a bit.
Einbroch thanks for the response

One more question is their a limit how many devices I can use/change?
Not at all.
You can have the same account on multiple devices.

Last edited:

Razmos

Oct 28, 2017
Follow up: I BEAT IT! I ended up getting incredibly lucky with Dizzy's stuns just as you suggested, thank you! I am so damn happy, my loud cheering really amused my boyfriend haha
I nearly killed Ruele with Baiken's bleed detonate, kept her stun locked but then Hazel healed her and Baiken died, I was sure i was going to lose, then Sigret ended up being my MVP with her soul burned second skill allowing her to attack again and inflicting bleed and burn (with Junkyard Dog equipped). I cheered so hard when Ruele fell without being able to do anything, then Dominiel fell and I knew I had it in the bag
7ESH8zgh.jpg

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Beat both Hell raid bosses today. That leaves Az 11 and Abyss 90 for PvE content. Also hit Challenger III but it's going to be too resource intensive to hit Champion with my current team.

Not working in much else, might build up a tanky Destina to replace Angelica in arena to target Dizzy teams.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Follow up: I BEAT IT! I ended up getting incredibly lucky with Dizzy's stuns just as you suggested, thank you! I am so damn happy, my loud cheering really amused my boyfriend haha
I nearly killed Ruele with Baiken's bleed detonate, kept her stun locked but then Hazel healed her and Baiken died, I was sure i was going to lose, then Sigret ended up being my MVP with her soul burned second skill allowing her to attack again and inflicting bleed and burn (with Junkyard Dog equipped). I cheered so hard when Ruele fell without being able to do anything, then Dominiel fell and I knew I had it in the bag

That's awesome! I'm so glad that worked out for you, it must have been intense! The Sol dupes will help bringing him to 6*, use them for imprint and promotion at the same time to save wolves is my recommendation! Looks like you have some pretty great and fun heroes to work with as well.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
The upcoming E7 festa will announce the release date for season 2 of the story. It'll probably be a while.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoping for new content and some big QoL improvements, hopefully with a rework of fodder system (probably setting up myself for huge disappointment in the near future)

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping for new content and some big QoL improvements, hopefully with a rework of fodder system (probably setting up myself for huge disappointment in the near future)

iirc the game was at least partially developed by someone who was a huge summoners war player and so most of the systems are lifted whole-sale from that game, including the way that promotion works so it's pretty doubtful that we'll see any large systems overhauled.

personally I would love to see something that auto taps chests when auto'ing through a stage. I had heard rumors that it was discussed but hasn't been implemented yet for one reason or another.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
iirc the game was at least partially developed by someone who was a huge summoners war player and so most of the systems are lifted whole-sale from that game, including the way that promotion works so it's pretty doubtful that we'll see any large systems overhauled.

personally I would love to see something that auto taps chests when auto'ing through a stage. I had heard rumors that it was discussed but hasn't been implemented yet for one reason or another.

Hope they have enough feedback by now and understand this system can stay in summoners wars and they should move on or at least improve on it

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Hope they have enough feedback by now and understand this system can stay in summoners wars and they should move on or at least improve on it

I hear you. I hate this specific style of promotion for units. It's tedious, takes entirely too long, and doesn't feel good to constantly be "walking the dogs." Part of the reason I fell off Onmyoji because my entire gameplay loop was just endlessly repeating stages to get grade daruma up to the point where I could fuse them.

I would kill for E7 to snag the repeat auto until stamina runs out thing from there though. Good good would that be a change I could believe in.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I hear you. I hate this specific style of promotion for units. It's tedious, takes entirely too long, and doesn't feel good to constantly be "walking the dogs." Part of the reason I fell off Onmyoji because my entire gameplay loop was just endlessly repeating stages to get grade daruma up to the point where I could fuse them.

I would kill for E7 to snag the repeat auto until stamina runs out thing from there though. Good good would that be a change I could believe in.

Walking the dogs is one part of it, there is a lot of micromanaging and the heroes menu sucks badly because it's mixed with all the fodder you have to keep and I'm tired of reading there isn't enough space on my heroes inventory , such a waste of time , they really have to improve this

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
They just need to improve the gear situation. Getting new characters is the core of what the game is about but when you've run out of gear and gold you can't even use them without permanently benching someone else. I don't mind the dog grinding, the time gated mola's, or how Auto works (sure it could be better). Gear is just such a bottleneck to enjoyment and they seem to not care especially when the collab was a perfect opportunity to create a fun Tier 71 set.

There are plenty of solutions that won't ruin the game. Better drops in Raid, Hunt 12s with better drops, a piece of gear with each Side Story, accessory crafting. AP point gear purchases, and reduced gold cost of enhancing.

Oct 25, 2017
They just need to improve the gear situation. Getting new characters is the core of what the game is about but when you've run out of gear and gold you can't even use them without permanently benching someone else. I don't mind the dog grinding, the time gated mola's, or how Auto works (sure it could be better). Gear is just such a bottleneck to enjoyment and they seem to not care especially when the collab was a perfect opportunity to create a fun Tier 71 set.

There are plenty of solutions that won't ruin the game. Better drops in Raid, Hunt 12s with better drops, a piece of gear with each Side Story, accessory crafting. AP point gear purchases, and reduced gold cost of enhancing.
gear and mola situation both for building new characters.

cant believe this entire month long collab couldnt include a single piece of gear

Call me YHWH

Oct 26, 2017
Definitely feels like there's a gulf of grey area for mid game where there's no real clear idea on how to progress and get stronger. Then, at end game going through and grinding out gear with no real way to secure at least some form of progression sucks. Grinding out 3k skytones of wyvern or whatever and getting bum gear with bad substats and no real offset for that time spent is a real issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.