• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm one of the few who is okay with Dizzy. Yes, she's on every team, but I never felt helpless in how to deal with her. I do agree that some units just bring too much to the table. The difference between the ML Baal's of the world, and, say, Lulu, is incredible.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Free 5* was Destina.
Screenshot_20190609-090316.jpg
Not sure how to feel about this, though. I already have every other necessary healer leveled (Achates, Angelica, Diene, Angelic Montmorancy) and Destina herself is just not that great when Montmorancy is around, so...
I know, right? Their previous balancing decisions have been highly questionable (especially with the last batch completely ignoring ML 5*s). They've got pretty much no good will with me. I have very little faith that what needs to be done will be done.

They must nerf Dizzy. At this point she is not something they can just brush under the rug; literally 99.9% of arena teams have her and she breaks the game on several levels. I imagine Iela Violin is also on the docket.

The alternative is to buff everyone up to Dizzy levels which, let's be real, would utterly ruin the game's PvP as literally everyone would have such absurd levels of power that moving first ALWAYS nets you the win (as opposed to before Dizzy/ML Baal/ML Ara were released where second turn teams were generally stronger). There is a very delicate balance to be struck between attack and defense and the game is currently way too skewed towards attack. The fact that there are now multiple options (including a basically free (though not available to new players) option in the form of Dizzy + Iela Violin) to remove buffs (including immunity set!) from the equation entirely says a whole hell of a lot.
It's going to follow on from episode 1 normal difficulty.

I mean I agree with everything you said, even in PvE people went from struggling in Abyss 70s to clearing Abyss 90. But logistically, I don't think they can nerf her. As a guaranteed summon after a certain number of pulls there were most definitely a lot of people that bought packs just to summon her based on the fact that she was broken.

If they nerf Dizzy they are going to piss a lot of people off. They will likely just power creep her or make more direct counters.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
I mean I agree with everything you said, even in PvE people went from struggling in Abyss 70s to clearing Abyss 90. But logistically, I don't think they can nerf her. As a guaranteed summon after a certain number of pulls there were most definitely a lot of people that bought packs just to summon her based on the fact that she was broken.

If they nerf Dizzy they are going to piss a lot of people off. They will likely just power creep her or make more direct counters.

Limited or not, if you promise balance, you need to nerf the overpowered units. Some people spend more on a non-limited to begin with, so yet again I fail to see why limited units are supposedly untouchable.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd be genuinely surprised if they nerf any ML or Limited unit. There would be an absolute melt-down. They don't want to piss off the people whaling on mystic summons packs.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
"We've heard your pleas for balance, so we'll be nerfing Angelica, all Specialty changes, and connection Heroes. To compensate, we'll be buffing all ML 5* units to promote good meta diversity."

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Ever since I put Dizzy in my arena defense I've been challenged a lot...Had a bad week last week but a very good defense this week

My Sage B&S is still being built will hopefully make their debut soon.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I would be fine with an Angelica nerf. Remove immunity from her S3 or increase cooldown of the S2.

As far as Dizzy goes just kill her first.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
I'm no expert on PVP but a lot of teams do seem to hinge on dizzy, so if you get someone faster than her who can shut her down then you are pretty much set lol

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Dizzy is certainly omnipresent in PvP but she doesnt feel as "unassailable" as ML B&S or ML Ara.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Got Sigret as my 5* ticket. Is she any good?

Also randomly pulled Karin but I don't know if she's any good either. Seems like a decent debuffer/dps?

I have a full team of four level 60 units now, but I seem stuck trying to clear wyvern and golem 10 or so. I think I should start grinding for better gear?
I would be fine with an Angelica nerf. Remove immunity from her S3 or increase cooldown of the S2.

As far as Dizzy goes just kill her first.
I'm pretty sure this is why I've seen some tanky Dizzies. People know you're going for her first.

Last edited:

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Got Sigret as my 5* ticket. Is she any good?

Also randomly pulled Karin but I don't know if she's any good either. Seems like a decent debuffer/dps?

Sigret and Karin are in a similar position as the newest Luluca: good overall, and well worth investing in, but for old players who already accumulated a large roster, there are other heroes who do the same thing, only better. For example, Luna and Karin are very similar, but Luna just does more DPS. Sigret is one of the best dps choices for hunting Wyvern up to W10, but W11 works differently and made her far less optimal.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
I have no issue wih Dizzy. She dies easily enough with Baiken or a similar unit, as long as I get the first turn. I DO have an issue in general with the current speed/CR meta, as well how high damage can go in general, and in AoEs in particular. This is toxic gameplay.

A lot of things are badly designed for pvp. One of the less obvious examples is how hard it is to build an effective resistance to debuffs when it is comparatively very simple to counter that resistance. To have an effective 50% resistance to an attacker with 40% efficiency (very easy to reach, little sacrifice required), you need 90% in the resistance stat, and that require you to sacrifice something major to get.
It would be more balanced if the resist was at 50% by default, and the two stats, efficiency for the attacker, resistance for the defenser, were struggling on an equal footing to tip the scale in one direction or the other.

edit: crap, sorry for the double post.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
4-s3 Sez world, any advice how to beat this stage, not sure I understand his mechanics and why he is instantly killing me once i get his life low enough. I'm slowly going through 10 world fairly easy and yet this stage is still taunting me.

Dizzy, Angelica, C.Lorina, Sol is my team.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Sigret and Karin are in a similar position as the newest Luluca: good overall, and well worth investing in, but for old players who already accumulated a large roster, there are other heroes who do the same thing, only better. For example, Luna and Karin are very similar, but Luna just does more DPS. Sigret is one of the best dps choices for hunting Wyvern up to W10, but W11 works differently and made her far less optimal.
Maybe I'll build Karin then. I don't have Luna and don't see myself getting her anytime soon, since I think she was a limited unit?

What do I need to auto Wyvern 10 or 11 anyway? Dizzy, Angelica and CLorina seem good, but every now and then the wyvern at w10 will just instantly wipe out half my team.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
I'm liking the stuff that will be coming in Epic 7! I wonder if they plan to do anything with 5* units making them easier to get maybe increase in rates... idk lol

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm not sure if Dizzy needs a nerf, but lowering her speed would probably result in a healthier game. Right now unless you have one of the tier 1 speed units (A Cidd, A Coli etc) you either have to run a speed imprint or play a defensive comp. I personally feel that right now she forces the (PvP) game to be too linear.

Baal on the other hand I feel does need a nerf. 30% CR boost into dispel + sleep is unbalanced and imo too oppressive. One of those things needs to be adjusted.

Other than those two I don't think things are that bad in arena. I'm not that high up yet but I watch quite a bit. People complain about it being a speed race but I see YouTubers with defensive comps winning consistently. My main issue is the fact that ML units are the main arena units, but after release they never get a rate up again.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
4-s3 Sez world, any advice how to beat this stage, not sure I understand his mechanics and why he is instantly killing me once i get his life low enough. I'm slowly going through 10 world fairly easy and yet this stage is still taunting me.

Dizzy, Angelica, C.Lorina, Sol is my team.

I don't quite remember how he works but I had trouble too. If I'm not mistaken he heals and gets an extra turn whenever he's debuffed or something? It's pretty deadly with the erosion thing that just makes him faster and stronger the longer the fight drags on. I don't remember the exact team I used but I just got rid of everyone who even had a chance at debuffing him, leeched off a support's Diene and even then barely won. In your case Dizzy definitely has to go, she'll just give him free heals. Sol too. I think I did use C!Lorina and Angelica on top of that Diene though. Basically just stack buffs, don't debuff him and hope for the best.

There's probably a better strategy but that's all I had at the time. Never went back for obvious reasons, dude was a nightmare.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I think I did use C!Lorina and Angelica on top of that Diene though. Basically just stack buffs, don't debuff him and hope for the best.
thanks

not bringing any debuffer hero or using any debuff skill did the trick, I went double healer, cr pusher, dps and dps supporter.

Still need to come up with a team to get all the stars but getting the initial clear is good enough for me right now

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Welp I think I lost my account. Was playing on my iPhone and got a connection error. Retried a couple times then it kicked me back to login screen. I don't remember it asking me to save an account but maybe that was before I deleted my Facebook account.

The weird thing is I'm still getting notices through push for my account.

Not sure what to do. I spent some money and had Vildred, Dizzy, Ken, Cecilia, luculu or whatever her name is.

Anyone had any experience with this?

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
The push notifications are prepared ahead of time, like the dispatch missions are put on a timer as soon as you start them so you get notified even if you're not logged in or connected.

Unfortunately people's experiences have been less than spectacular when it comes to account recovery, mostly with stove though.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
The push notifications are prepared ahead of time, like the dispatch missions are put on a timer as soon as you start them so you get notified even if you're not logged in or connected.

Unfortunately people's experiences have been less than spectacular when it comes to account recovery, mostly with stove though.

Shit well at least I can get my money back from Apple. Sucks though. I just completed 10-10 2 days ago and was really enjoying the game. And there's no way to even get Dizzy I'd i restart

Last edited:

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Welp I think I lost my account. Was playing on my iPhone and got a connection error. Retried a couple times then it kicked me back to login screen. I don't remember it asking me to save an account but maybe that was before I deleted my Facebook account.

The weird thing is I'm still getting notices through push for my account.

Not sure what to do. I spent some money and had Vildred, Dizzy, Ken, Cecilia, luculu or whatever her name is.

Anyone had any experience with this?

I'm pretty sure they can restore it, esp since you spent money. Reach out to support.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
At Rank 28.5, finished Stage 10-10, two more spots left to complete on the Adventurer's Path. Pretty solid progress.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I can six star two characters right now but I think I'll wait for the balance patch notes..... don't really want to 6 star C.Dom or C.Armin and they get killed in the upcoming rebalance..... might 6 star Destina since she'll get better if anything....

Nerfing Baal would be crazy..... does he need a nerf? Of course, but selling a character through mystic packs where whales have spend 1k plus on him and nerfing just as he comes off Mystic Stone rotation.... why would you spend a cent on this game again? Not to mention the timing being slimy as fuck.... people right now are whaling for ML Baal... and the second he goes off rotation "Opps you were too strong, nerf!".

I heard they lost a lot of their playerbase day 2 or 3 when Ravi got nerfed in Korea..... they'll lose a lot of people if they do this.. they need to buff and introduce new characters that make Baal more manageable...

I'm expecting Fat Cat and C.Armin to get toned down a touch, they might tone down Ruele since she was never "sold" like Ara and Baal were.

Adlay or Helga should be up next. Their speciality changes were datamined ages ago.

Sorry, a correction on this, looks like Adlay was a mistake and they mistook Rikoris for Adlay when they initially datamined Helga, MontMo and Adlay.....

Makes a lot of sense considering Rikoris SC wasn't datamined......

So next should be Helga and the latest datamined SC is Butcher Corps Inquisitor who will join Brother Axe God in the SC club..

Free 5* was Destina.

Not sure how to feel about this, though.

They must nerf Dizzy.

Sigh....

You have just pulled one of the best counters to Dizzy in this game and are meh about it yet Dizzy MUST BE NERFED.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Sigh....

You have just pulled one of the best counters to Dizzy in this game and are meh about it yet Dizzy MUST BE NERFED.
I'm sorry, but you have no clue what you're talking about.

This is my actual experience playing against Dizzy. There is no counter for a fast, well-geared, Iela Violin Dizzy. At best you can dispel one round of debuffs, but if you're like me and lack a way to reliably one-shot her she's basically an auto-loss. And since 99.9% of arena teams field her, well...

She needs a nerf. She might not get one because Super Creative has a very poor track record with this stuff, but she absolutely 100% deserves one. And your assumption that nerfs automatically equal trash is, frankly, incredibly shortsighted and possibly excessively paranoid to boot. You can't just assume the absolute worst every time with your knee jerk reaction. Things can be fixed without making OP characters worthless. It's happened before, even.

Your hyperbole is needless and does little to reinforce your position. Calm down and take a look at the bigger picture, and maybe you can recognize just how bizarrely selfish you're being.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
It seems a bit silly to expect legitimate balancing in a game where overturned heroes can never be touched for the sake of profit.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Im able to purchase my first Conquest Points ATK S2 gear...what should i go first Weapon, Ring, Necklace or Boots ? Weapon would be a nice upgrade if i dont get trolled too much on the stats - ring and Boots would be the much safer investment though.

Dont know how much time ill have to get the rest of the gear after this purchase, so i need to make it count...by far the best gear for a newish account.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Im able to purchase my first Conquest Points ATK S2 gear...what should i go first Weapon, Ring, Necklace or Boots ? Weapon would be a nice upgrade if i dont get trolled too much on the stats - ring and Boots would be the much safer investment though.

Dont know how much time ill have to get the rest of the gear after this purchase, so i need to make it count...by far the best gear for a newish account.

I'd probably go for the necklace first. Crit.chance % stat that - when maxed - can singularily be almost enough for a unit so you can focus on other stats with the rest of the gear AND a speed substat that's oh-so-valuable and rare on a necklace for any unit.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I'd probably go for the necklace first. Crit.chance % stat that - when maxed - can singularily be almost enough for a unit so you can focus on other stats with the rest of the gear AND a speed substat that's oh-so-valuable and rare on a necklace for any unit.
Thanks,
this sounds good...only thing is that i will run C.Dom in most of my teams and i dont think ill need additional Crit.Chance with her.

Then again i might have to evaluate my potential future wyvern team and who benefits the most from Crit.Chance+. Def. would be a good pick for all teams/setups where i dont bring C.Dom.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Thanks,
this sounds good...only thing is that i will run C.Dom in most of my teams and i dont think ill need additional Crit.Chance with her.

Then again i might have to evaluate my potential future wyvern team and who benefits the most from Crit.Chance+. Def. would be a good pick for all teams/setups where i dont bring C.Dom.

The ring is also quite good. IIRC it gives attack main and pretty solid sub stats. Boots aren't bad but boot slot is unique in that it can have speed main stat which is generally preferred since speed is important and mostly difficult to build.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
The ring is also quite good. IIRC it gives attack main and pretty solid sub stats. Boots aren't bad but boot slot is unique in that it can have speed main stat which is generally preferred since speed is important and mostly difficult to build.
True, boots without main speed stats might not be the best investment right now-
Seems like it will be between ring and necklace then....and it doesnt seem like anyone them would be a bad choice in the end.

They will end up with +60%atk and and +60%crit chance once maxed, right ?

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Thank you game for making me sit through another 15 minute fight to put me in another unwinnable scenario. Abyss 45 with Ludwig just staking invinciblity every fucking turn

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I can six star two characters right now but I think I'll wait for the balance patch notes..... don't really want to 6 star C.Dom or C.Armin and they get killed in the upcoming rebalance..... might 6 star Destina since she'll get better if anything....

Nerfing Baal would be crazy..... does he need a nerf? Of course, but selling a character through mystic packs where whales have spend 1k plus on him and nerfing just as he comes off Mystic Stone rotation.... why would you spend a cent on this game again? Not to mention the timing being slimy as fuck.... people right now are whaling for ML Baal... and the second he goes off rotation "Opps you were too strong, nerf!".

I heard they lost a lot of their playerbase day 2 or 3 when Ravi got nerfed in Korea..... they'll lose a lot of people if they do this.. they need to buff and introduce new characters that make Baal more manageable...

I'm expecting Fat Cat and C.Armin to get toned down a touch, they might tone down Ruele since she was never "sold" like Ara and Baal were.

Sorry, a correction on this, looks like Adlay was a mistake and they mistook Rikoris for Adlay when they initially datamined Helga, MontMo and Adlay.....

Makes a lot of sense considering Rikoris SC wasn't datamined......

So next should be Helga and the latest datamined SC is Butcher Corps Inquisitor who will join Brother Axe God in the SC club..

Sigh....

You make a good point (about Baal). I think something like lowering the CR boost to maybe 10% instead of 30% would be reasonable. It would make him a lot less oppressive without actually changing the core of the character. But as you say, it can't be done for at least a few months if not more, otherwise it comes off as nerfing him as soon as the banner goes down which isn't a good precedent to set.

Also I read on Reddit that they said they were nerfing Reule. Unless they've said something I personally can't see them touching Big Bear and Armin at this moment in time.
I'm sorry, but you have no clue what you're talking about.

This is my actual experience playing against Dizzy. There is no counter for a fast, well-geared, Iela Violin Dizzy. At best you can dispel one round of debuffs, but if you're like me and lack a way to reliably one-shot her she's basically an auto-loss. And since 99.9% of arena teams field her, well...

She needs a nerf. She might not get one because Super Creative has a very poor track record with this stuff, but she absolutely 100% deserves one. And your assumption that nerfs automatically equal trash is, frankly, incredibly shortsighted and possibly excessively paranoid to boot. You can't just assume the absolute worst every time with your knee jerk reaction. Things can be fixed without making OP characters worthless. It's happened before, even.

Your hyperbole is needless and does little to reinforce your position. Calm down and take a look at the bigger picture, and maybe you can recognize just how bizarrely selfish you're being.
Isn't this post somewhat a knee jerk reaction as well? I guess there has been conversation between the two of you before (either here or on Discord) but it feels like you're responding to a lot more than what he/she actually wrote...

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Randomly rolled a Sez this morning with the freebie. I guess add him to the list of above average 5*'s I'll never get around to building.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
They've yet to nerf a 5* outside of Ravi, which came long before global launched and in retrospect nerfing her was very much unnecessary. People clamored for Diene nerfs but you don't hear that much these days because the meta shifted (she's still extremely good though).

I don't expect there to be a round of severe nerfs for the overused characters in arena, maybe just C.Armin and Roozid. What I do expect is for them to try to fix it by adding a character with a specific kit. ML Baal is essentially an upgraded Hurado, so think about what would happen if they made an equivalent who was an upgraded Gloomyrain - she's immune to hard CC and transfers debuffs to the enemy. Maybe they could even make someone with an automatic counter to dispel effects.

Violet is definitely a solid counter for her. Maybe a ritual sword Charles? I don't have either of those characters so I suppose my perception of them is skewed by arena RNG which gives them 100% dodge and counter rates all of the time. But I simply can't use Dizzy against them.

Thank you game for making me sit through another 15 minute fight to put me in another unwinnable scenario. Abyss 45 with Ludwig just staking invinciblity every fucking turn

The ride has only begun. Now picture spending an hour on abyss 90, then when you get to 50% hp on the final phase the boss just one shots your entire party instantly.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
They've yet to nerf a 5* outside of Ravi, which came long before global launched and in retrospect nerfing her was very much unnecessary. People clamored for Diene nerfs but you don't hear that much these days because the meta shifted (she's still extremely good though).

I don't expect there to be a round of severe nerfs for the overused characters in arena, maybe just C.Armin and Roozid. What I do expect is for them to try to fix it by adding a character with a specific kit. ML Baal is essentially an upgraded Hurado, so think about what would happen if they made an equivalent who was an upgraded Gloomyrain - she's immune to hard CC and transfers debuffs to the enemy. Maybe they could even make someone with an automatic counter to dispel effects.

I've been expecting a Roozid nerf, mostly since I just built him up, but really because he's the centerpiece on most cleave comps and they've shown they'll nerf SC characters. Quite honestly I'm not even that impressed with him, his base speed is lower than some other CR pushers, but I guess I just need better gear or to retool my team around him. He has the same speed as Dizzy right now which is basically useless minus the imprint (gets Dizzy to 230) but I don't have any of those mythical 10+ speed pieces of gear to get any higher. I'm not even sure how they would nerf him?

Status
Not open for further replies.