• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They will do 6 mediocre buffs, 1 wowthisiscool buff, 2 questionable nerfs disguised as bug fixes, and 1 nerf that will make people happy.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Crit Damage (or CD in short) refer to the damage multiplier when you get a critical hit (+40% for a 4-pieces set).

Crit refer to Critical Rate, aka your chances to actually crit. (+12% for a 2-pieces set).

You'll find those terms used in a lot of games.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
What's the difference between Crit Damage and Crit?

Crit Chance is the odds that you'll land a critical blow. Crit Damage is the increase in damage if you land that critical blow. Being heavy in one stat without the other is usually useless. For example my Baiken Critical build is 92% crit chance and 221% crit damage. So when she lands a crit hit (92% of the time) she does 221% more than her regular attack. Even 221 is a bit low for a burst damage unit, but it's all I could muster with my gear.

Typically you'll want a necklace that either boosts Critical Chance or Critical Damage by 60%/65%. I have the S2 Arena neck on her, even though it is attack set, (Crit Chance 65% main stat) and then found ways to stack crit damage on other pieces of gear. The dream gear is usually a necklace with Crit Chance Set but Crit Damage main stat (they gave one out a while ago called Lucky Amulet, it sits on my Luna).

Like Ayato_Kanzaki said most loot games that have these mechanics find that the best damage dealers stack crit chance and crit damage for really insane burst damage.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Crit Damage (or CD in short) refer to the damage multiplier when you get a critical hit (+40% for a 4-pieces set).

Crit refer to Critical Rate, aka your chances to actually crit. (+12% for a 2-pieces set).

You'll find those terms used in a lot of games.
Crit Chance is the odds that you'll land a critical blow. Crit Damage is the increase in damage if you land that critical blow. Being heavy in one stat without the other is usually useless. For example my Baiken Critical build is 92% crit chance and 221% crit damage. So when she lands a crit hit (92% of the time) she does 221% more than her regular attack. Even 221 is a bit low for a burst damage unit, but it's all I could muster with my gear.

Typically you'll want a necklace that either boosts Critical Chance or Critical Damage by 60%/65%. I have the S2 Arena neck on her, even though it is attack set, (Crit Chance 65% main stat) and then found ways to stack crit damage on other pieces of gear. The dream gear is usually a necklace with Crit Chance Set but Crit Damage main stat (they gave one out a while ago called Lucky Amulet, it sits on my Luna).

Like Ayato_Kanzaki said most loot games that have these mechanics find that the best damage dealers stack crit chance and crit damage for really insane burst damage.

Thanks! I'll go with Crit Damage and crit set then... What Artifact should I have on her?

GarudaSmiles

Dec 14, 2018
I'm so ready for chapter 2. I finished all the pve content last month. I'm super excited for some of the new features. Crafting accessories!

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
Thanks! I'll go with Crit Damage and crit set then... What Artifact should I have on her?

The low-budget option, but actually best artifact against bosses with over 80k HP is the Daydream Joker. You can bring it to lv30 without too much effort. In fact, keep all your Jokers until you get at least two or three of them maxed.

Viable alternatives are Border Coin (focus on speed if you use that one), Sigurd's Scythe, Uberius's tooth, Hell Cutter.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm now stalled on Wyvern 9 and Golem 10. Since most of my team is ice anyway, I figure I should focus on Wyvern first.

If I use Dizzy, C.Lorina, Angelica, and Karin, would that work well in dealing with the rest of the wyvern levels? I think I'm lacking damage and a defense break, and Karin seems to be a good choice to solve both problems.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm now stalled on Wyvern 9 and Golem 10. Since most of my team is ice anyway, I figure I should focus on Wyvern first.

If I use Dizzy, C.Lorina, Angelica, and Karin, would that work well in dealing with the rest of the wyvern levels? I think I'm lacking damage and a defense break, and Karin seems to be a good choice to solve both problems.

A lot of this is advice for W11. W9 you should be able to take down with Dizzy, C.Lorina, Angelica, and Karin. W10 might be harder until you gear up more and everyone on your team can survive one Wyvern attack. W11 gets easier since you can have more fragile units next to your Angelica tank.

You'll be lacking DPS when you hit W11 since you'll do 30% less damage with C.Lorina and boost Wyvern's CR. Do you have Alexa? She could fill that DPS role. Karin is good for the defense break (although most people run Taranor Guard since it's on his S1 and can also provide a CR boost) and Dizzy will keep the Wyvern debuffed so it only attacks once (for W10 but for W11 it'll go three times). Angelica will definitely be your tank.

Quite honestly with a really speedy Dizzy you can have the S3 debuff almost constantly, especially during it's shield phase, and it's shield burst won't kill you. You could probably tank out most of the fight and DPS is less of an issue. So I'd focus on getting Dizzy's speed up (200+), maybe give Angelica something like Prophetic Candlestick to keep resetting her cooldowns but also make sure she has some speed so she can keep the healing up (120+).

Make sure your DPS unit has Daydream Joker equipped and +15 it if you can. It'll be valuable throughout the game for your DPS units.

So Dizzy, Angelica, Def Break (Karin or TG), DPS (Alexa or C.Lorina). C.Lorina might work through W10 but you might want to switch to Alexa by W11 or find a different ice DPS. You should shoot for speed and effectiveness (at least 75%) on your defense breaker and focus on damage for your DPS.

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
That's unfortunate. I was hoping this massive update would bring something that closes that gap maybe access to more of those black wolves.

It might actually. The new Tower dungeon promises great rewards, and then there is the trust thing with cities as well. I think it's possible we'll get another wolf or two by those means.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of this is advice for W11. W9 you should be able to take down with Dizzy, C.Lorina, Angelica, and Karin. W10 might be harder until you gear up more and everyone on your team can survive one Wyvern attack. W11 gets easier since you can have more fragile units next to your Angelica tank.

You'll be lacking DPS when you hit W11 since you'll do 30% less damage with C.Lorina and boost Wyvern's CR. Do you have Alexa? She could fill that DPS role. Karin is good for the defense break (although most people run Taranor Guard since it's on his S1 and can also provide a CR boost) and Dizzy will keep the Wyvern debuffed so it only attacks once (for W10 but for W11 it'll go three times). Angelica will definitely be your tank.

Quite honestly with a really speedy Dizzy you can have the S3 debuff almost constantly, especially during it's shield phase, and it's shield burst won't kill you. You could probably tank out most of the fight and DPS is less of an issue. So I'd focus on getting Dizzy's speed up (200+), maybe give Angelica something like Prophetic Candlestick to keep resetting her cooldowns but also make sure she has some speed so she can keep the healing up (120+).

Make sure your DPS unit has Daydream Joker equipped and +15 it if you can. It'll be valuable throughout the game for your DPS units.

So Dizzy, Angelica, Def Break (Karin or TG), DPS (Alexa or C.Lorina). C.Lorina might work through W10 but you might want to switch to Alexa by W11 or find a different ice DPS. You should shoot for speed and effectiveness (at least 75%) on your defense breaker and focus on damage for your DPS.
I have Alexa but she's 4* right now, so it'll be a while before she's ready for later arena levels. I probably don't have enough gear to go around, so I may need to spend stupid amounts of money swapping gear around. It sucks that Lorina might not be able to do it, considering how much time I've spent grinding for her.

Why does changing gear cost money in this game? It's ridiculous.

Angelica also needs better gear. Right now she's running a triple hp+ set that gives her tons of health but basically no speed. I guess I need to bump up her speed. I've just blown a few million making golem gear in the hopes I'd find a good HP set, but it was almost a complete waste of money and resources. Bleh.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I have Alexa but she's 4* right now, so it'll be a while before she's ready for later arena levels. I probably don't have enough gear to go around, so I may need to spend stupid amounts of money swapping gear around. It sucks that Lorina might not be able to do it, considering how much time I've spent grinding for her.

Why does changing gear cost money in this game? It's ridiculous.

Angelica also needs better gear. Right now she's running a triple hp+ set that gives her tons of health but basically no speed. I guess I need to bump up her speed. I've just blown a few million making golem gear in the hopes I'd find a good HP set, but it was almost a complete waste of money and resources. Bleh.

Lorina will be great as your single target DPS for just about any other content. Wouldn't worry about that. W11 just has a 30% damage reduction and boosts Wyverns CR on non-ice units. You could theoretically make it work, many people do, and I did with Axe God as my Def Breaker until I built up TG, but it does make it harder.

Health gear is good too on Angelica, I prefer speed personally otherwise Wyvern will lap Angelica and you won't be able to keep up on healing in W10. W11 you could feasibly tank with Dizzy/Angelica on a full health set and heal up during barrier phases. Prophetic Candlestick is an alternative to speed since it'll reset your cooldowns effectively acting like her useless S1 turn.

You'll have to feel it out yourself and adjust your gear accordingly but the good news is you have all the units you need to get through W11. It's just a matter of time and accumulating gradually better gear.

Edit: Angelica's speed boost from a set is so small you could also run health boots but with speed main stat. I personally stack all health% on the right side, but that could work too making up the difference with more health sets.

Here's my Angelica that can face tank W11 without healing if Dizzy uses her S3 on first turn.

fLXVoU4.jpg

I badly need a better weapon, that one has no health% stats.

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Lorina will be great as your single target DPS for just about any other content. Wouldn't worry about that. W11 just has a 30% damage reduction and boosts Wyverns CR on non-ice units. You could theoretically make it work, many people do, and I did with Axe God as my Def Breaker until I built up TG, but it does make it harder.

Health gear is good too on Angelica, I prefer speed personally otherwise Wyvern will lap Angelica and you won't be able to keep up on healing in W10. W11 you could feasibly tank with Dizzy/Angelica on a full health set and heal up during barrier phases. Prophetic Candlestick is an alternative to speed since it'll reset your cooldowns effectively acting like her useless S1 turn.

You'll have to feel it out yourself and adjust your gear accordingly but the good news is you have all the units you need to get through W11. It's just a matter of time and accumulating gradually better gear.

Edit: Angelica's speed boost from a set is so small you could also run health boots but with speed main stat. I personally stack all health% on the right side, but that could work too making up the difference with more health sets.

Here's my Angelica that can face tank W11 without healing if Dizzy uses her S3 on first turn.

fLXVoU4.jpg

I badly need a better weapon, that one has no health% stats.
Wow, that's a very tanky Angelica. Mine is mostly wearing tier 40ish health stuff because every time I find or make anything higher tier, it doesn't have a health% buff lol.

I assume this means I'll need to awaken Alexa and Karin to at least 5*? I hope 5* will cut it because 6* is such an undertaking.

Ayato_Kanzaki

Nov 22, 2017
My Diene (with Rod of Amaryllis) facetank W11 with Dizzy in support, and luna + Kise as dps. She generally won't survive until the end, but still ensure a good 90% success rate on auto.
I'm currently raising Yuna to try a Yuna+Luna+Angelica+Phantasma team. It should be doable.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, that's a very tanky Angelica. Mine is mostly wearing tier 40ish health stuff because every time I find or make anything higher tier, it doesn't have a health% buff lol.

I assume this means I'll need to awaken Alexa and Karin to at least 5*? I hope 5* will cut it because 6* is such an undertaking.

Depends, gear can always overcome lack of stats but it can only do so much. For W9 and W10 you really have to feel it out and your units need to be able to survive a Wyvern barrage. Depending on how well Dizzy can cycle her S3 to keep damage down that requirement will change. It's hard to give a concrete answer but I have a hard time believing anything will survive a barrage at 4* (level 40).

For awakenings, the first few are so cheap that you mine as well do them for the stat boost and the skill enhancement. The 5th and 6th awakening are really a luxury and aren't totally necessary, but nice to push you over the edge if you are really close. (not to be confused with leveling to 50 and 60).

Honestly, I'd approach it like this. Beef up Angie and speed up Dizzy. Open with Dizzy S3 and it'll only attack once and with decreased damage. Defense break with Karin and then debuff extend with Dizzy. Keep attacking with C.Lorina. By the time it's barrier is up you should be able to cycle this through again and hopefully your units are strong enough to tank a barrier explosion (with all Dizzy's debuffs applied) with Angie's S3 or they are strong enough to whittle barrier down.

Put Daydream Joker on Lorina, Prophetic Candlestick on Angie, Dust Devil (or R&L) on Karin (just use her S2 and S1), and Sira Ren on Dizzy for more debuffs. You'll want Dizzy to have 0/3/3 on Mola investment so her S3 and S2 are ready faster.

For W11, you sound like you are far away for Angie to be able to tank it, so I'd just focus on clearing W9 and W10 before making decisions on any other units like Alexa. You might pull something better between now and then and Alexa isn't necessary for W9 and W10.

Famicom

Oct 25, 2017

W9 and W10 are pretty tough, so no shame in being stuck. The key is either to have your team be decently tanky to take a round of hits from the Wyvern (8k health, 600 def should let you survive one attack)...or get very lucky and hope he only aims at your front line tank. Most people opt for the latter and focus on building for W11 since the battle mechanics become a bit easier. In either case, since you have Dizzy she should be able to significantly mitigate the challenge as long as you land those debuffs (55% effectiveness and decent speed).

After that, the team building for W11 becomes much more simple. A tank with around 1.3k defense and 16k health, a unit with defense break debuff, a healer that's fast (170+), and a couple of DPS units equipped with Daydream Joker artifacts with as much crit chance and crit damage you can stack on them, also decently fast (160+, 180+ ideally). If you run a healer as a tank, you'd probably need a second healer to help keep them alive since the Wyvern in 11 will push you back when they attack.

On W11 debuff stacking isn't as helpful since the goal becomes less about survival and more about winning as fast as possible. That said, Dizzy is still really great since she can apply Attack Down which will save your skin a ton.

Quality choice members that aren't nat 5's:

DPS
Clarissa: Has Def break on S1 and can stack bleeds to mitigate damage on your tank
Karin: Has Def break, fairly tough to gear since she needs minimum 85% crit rate to function along with effectiveness
Taranor Guard: One of the best Def breakers, and he pushes your whole team forward when he dual attacks.
Alexa: The W11 queen since with 85%+ crit chance her S1 procs twice, which when equipped with DDJ means big damage.
Mistychain: Sleeper pick, she applies Attack down and can passively heal the party.

Tanks
Crozet: Simply the best f2p option, especially if you were around to get the Sword of Ezera artifact. Can run him at 5* with that, otherwise needs 6* for the stats.
Rose: Her S3 is really good but you won't be getting it off very often with the Wyvern pushing you back. Other buffs will get dispelled.
Taranor Royal Guard: Kinda bad but works in pinch.

Healers
Angelica: Best healer in the game, can tank if you have the stats + speed.
Montmorancy: Heals aren't good enough to run as a sole healer in the team, but good enough to be a secondary.
Aither: Can work if you have nothing else.

My team right now is Crozet, Angelica, Taranor Guard and Karin. Had Alexa in there instead of Karin but I had to strip hear gear for other characters and my Karin is built well enough to do the job now. Only 6* on the team is Angelica, who I built intending to be my tank but I couldn't get her to live long enough. She might be able to now (1.2k~ def, 16k~ health, 160 speed) but this configuration works well enough for me. Win rate is about 90%, maybe a little higher if I manually target the big dragon at the start of the battle. :)

Oct 25, 2017
would more tera phantasma really help that much? Cuz getting a few tera and a few 4* level 40 giga phantasma hasnt been very time consuming at all. Its promoting any of them.

Even giving us 5 more teras a month would only mean speeding up 1.2 5* promoted dogs per month

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
would more tera phantasma really help that much? Cuz getting a few tera and a few 4* level 40 giga phantasma hasnt been very time consuming at all. Its promoting any of them.

Even giving us 5 more teras a month would only mean speeding up 1.2 5* promoted dogs per month

I currently have 9 Black phantasms and 3 level 40 Gold Phantasms. I agree that getting more Black ones wouldn't help.

To me it's getting 2* fodder and leveling that fodder into 3* to level the Silver dogs that's the time consuming part.

I guess I could also use Gold ones to level the Black ones but that seems wasteful.

I can do like 1 6* a week if I try but think I average more 1 every 2 weeks. I'm honestly ok with this since it's not like I'll have gear for then anyways.

Oct 25, 2017
I currently have 9 Black phantasms and 3 level 40 Gold Phantasms. I agree that getting more Black ones wouldn't help.

To me it's getting 2* fodder and leveling that fodder into 3* to level the Silver dogs that's the time consuming part.

I guess I could also use Gold ones to level the Black ones but that seems wasteful.

I can do like 1 6* a week if I try but think I average more 1 every 2 weeks. I'm honestly ok with this since it's not like I'll have gear for then anyways.
yea using gold seems like a waste, since I feel like even when I get an abundance of gold I eventually catch back up in getting 2* and megas

Reszo

Oct 31, 2017
Been making animated wallpapers with characters

Edit: Quality is better, turning it into gif kind of ruined it lol

TLEAbS5.gif

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone. I tried bringing Karin to W9 just for kicks, and cleared it easily. Turns out with defense break, C.Lorina's S3 crits for like 24k. Made short work of it, though I got lucky because Karin is level 39 and undergeared, but simply wasn't targeted at all the whole run.

I tried W10, but the boss twoshotted Dizzy on turn 1, so that was a wash. Failed to break its barrier after that.

From what it sounds like, both Alexa and Karin need very high crit rate on their gear to do well? I guess I should grind W9 for that gear in the meantime?

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I'm sorry, but you have no clue what you're talking about.

Yep.... the one who is meh about getting Destina in this current meta and than cries about having no Dizzy counter is clearly the one with a clue.

This is my actual experience playing against Dizzy. There is no counter for a fast, well-geared, Iela Violin Dizzy. At best you can dispel one round of debuffs, but if you're like me and lack a way to reliably one-shot her she's basically an auto-loss. And since 99.9% of arena teams field her, well...

What does Iela Violin Dizzy have to do with Destina who's removing all debuffs, healing and cr pushing her team?

ML Baals S2 is like 100% more dangerous against Destina than the uncounterable Iela Violin fast Dizzy lol...

She needs a nerf. She might not get one because Super Creative has a very poor track record with this stuff, but she absolutely 100% deserves one. And your assumption that nerfs automatically equal trash is, frankly, incredibly shortsighted and possibly excessively paranoid to boot. You can't just assume the absolute worst every time with your knee jerk reaction. Things can be fixed without making OP characters worthless. It's happened before, even.

Your hyperbole is needless and does little to reinforce your position. Calm down and take a look at the bigger picture, and maybe you can recognize just how bizarrely selfish you're being.

You're embarrassing yourself here, even more than usual.

You might not want to describe another person with words like hyperbole and paranoid while you're using a meme flowchart as gospel.

Isn't this post somewhat a knee jerk reaction as well? I guess there has been conversation between the two of you before (either here or on Discord) but it feels like you're responding to a lot more than what he/she actually wrote...

Laiza cries about PVP a lot and doesn't take CC well.

Every team out speeds him, every Dizzy bodies him, I'm going to sell/give away my account because pvp is bullshit etc.

Randomly rolled a Sez this morning with the freebie. I guess add him to the list of above average 5*'s I'll never get around to building.

He's probably the best arena offensive character at the moment, assuming you have the windrider artifact and can CR push him up with someone like ML Lots who bypasses ML Baals S2.

If you have the speed gear for ML Lots and the attack gear for Sez just add two speed devotion characters (Roozid and Helga will give you +16 speed) and enjoy 1000 skystones a week.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
If you have the speed gear for ML Lots and the attack gear for Sez just add two speed devotion characters (Roozid and Helga will give you +16 speed) and enjoy 1000 skystones a week.

I knew his S3 detonate was pretty crazy but didn't know he was stronger than some of the Vildred cleave comps I've seen. I don't have ML Lots, but what would be a good 1-2-3-4 punch with him? I have SC Roozid and Helga I could run, but obviously need to soften up an enemy first? I imagine Roozid would be my speed unit to run his CR push, Helga will be useless. But I'd have to have Sez himself have pretty high speed for Roozid to push him ahead of any Dizzy's. So should I run a 200+ speed Baiken after Roozid for the CR push? Then I'd be relying on Sez to one shot without any buffs or damage already dealt to enemies, doesn't seem realistic? Could build up a normal Rose for a CR push and attack buff instead of Baiken.

I've been farming Wyvern with whatever spare stamina I have and I'm still just not able to get any gear past 10 speed.

Edit: I do have Wind Rider though.

Last edited:

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Got my 5* ticket without letting a day go to waste and got Charles.
Not the optimal pull, but for my only 5* he's not bad and can replace Rin nicely.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Been making animated wallpapers with characters

Edit: Quality is better, turning it into gif kind of ruined it lol
What program/app did you use to make this if you don't mind me asking.
I've played around with animated backgrounds with a gif converter I got for like $2 but the quality isn't nearly as good as yours

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Building gear at the forge feels like pulling, but somehow worse because you don't get money or crafting materials passively the way you do with skystones.

It really hurts the wallet too. I guess I'll try to go get those other breaths or orbis to get the crafting cost discounts.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Building gear at the forge feels like pulling, but somehow worse because you don't get money or crafting materials passively the way you do with skystones.

It really hurts the wallet too. I guess I'll try to go get those other breaths or orbis to get the crafting cost discounts.

Even with the discount it stings. They should drop the crafting price by 50% at least.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

Hold off for the update, when they open the accessory crafting it may be better to "pull" on those.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Even with the discount it stings. They should drop the crafting price by 50% at least.
Ouch.

Costs are so weird in this game. I've found that money is effectively a dud drop in story chests because even the highest amount of 20k gold is just a drop in the bucket when it comes to spending money.

25k for unequipping a piece of high-level gear? Whaaat.
Hold off for the update, when they open the accessory crafting it may be better to "pull" on those.
Good to know. Will do, thanks.
Speaking of empty wallets what's the best way to make money. I'm broke from all this dog walking
I'd like to know this too. I've heard that growing and selling high-grade penguins is a thing, but I don't want to resort to that yet since there's always so much stuff to grow.

Hunt 11 or Spirit Altar 10.
beaten while typing! Thanks.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Speaking of empty wallets what's the best way to make money. I'm broke from all this dog walking

I get most of my gold doing hunts and selling junk equipments from adventure/hunts when I'm broke. Altar is ok too if you need the runes.

In the sanctuary, Heart of Orbis is a pretty good passive income. When the 200% boost procs you can get a nice little spare change.
Purify Abyss x3 daily unless trying to progress in it.
I don't think High Command from the sanctuary is worth running for gold, I run Conquest and Ancient Coins.

If you're just trying to make a quick bit you might try cashing in your friendship points and pulling friendship banner then selling all the 2* heroes and artefacts. You can also burn stigma on penguins and transmit those if you're desperate.

Make sure your guild is buying the Blessing of Wealth buff. You can see it in the lobby under your account name in the upper left. Every little bit helps.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
When you've done Abyss 90 how much gold and stigma do you get when you purify?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I've been using monsters from friendship summons as dog promote fodder. The artifacts get used as upgrade fodder for my good artifacts.

Good way to use them?

Status
Not open for further replies.