• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
A lot of people on reddit are getting downvoted for saying luluca doesn't need a buff. I agree with those people.

She's my most used unit ever since her release and I absolutely dont see the need for her to get a buff. She provides damage mitigation as well as doing decent damage and while other characters does each of those job better, she only takes one spot and that's how she's great in my eyes.

People are saying "raise the def break chance." These people using luluca solely for that are already using her wrong.

That said smilegate please do buff her anyways. I enjoyed what you did last time with tamarine.
That's good to hear. I just came across a Luluca today and was wondering if she was as bad as people were saying.
Too bad, but that's ok i'm not in a hurry
The nice thing about Lorna's SC is that you can make progress on it just from playing normally. The downside is that it takes forever. I'm pretty sure it took me over a month to complete her SC. The monster kill count part and the urgent mission part finished at around the same time for me.

Definitely happy with her, though. She hits like a truck, and I really needed someone who could do that.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Can you explain how this works? Opponent uses dizzy, ml ara and nukes your characters. Next your characters attack but because of the debuff they are either stunned or do no damage. Then the enemy continues to clean up your team. Then your 180 res 0 speed montmorancy removes ONE of the debuffs from whoever is alive or cleanses one character. How exactly does that HARD COUNTER? Maybe we have a different definition of what that means or you are leaving out other essential parts of this supposed counter.
So, you got me! Momo doesn't explicitly hard counter (since she's a support), but she makes it so you can easily win those matches since she is a dispelling machine, if you have a proper "TEAM" to do so. Basically, for starters, you don't walk into that comp with a bunch of glass cannon characters, everyone needs to be bulky. If you can rock immunity set on your main DPS to prevent some of the Dizzy first round of debuffs (since she usually rocks violin), even better. I have immunity on most of my PVP DPS, because that's what it takes to fight against Dizzy comps to begin with. Additionally, I never said NO speed, just not that much speed. 150ish+ speed shouldn't be impossible to achieve with a speed set Momo, speed boots, and eff res ring. Speed substats would be nice.

So Dizzy attempts to debuff, dispels immunity on DPS. ML Ara comes down and stuns everyone except for Momo. Momo then prioritizes whoever you need to go next/survive whatever. So she s3's which heals for about 1/3rd of max HP with no goras, grants immunity AND dispels TWO debuffs. With Tagehel's Tome she basically has a near immediate extra turn, in which you s2, and clear 1 debuff off of everyone and heal them for a bit(3 total off your primary heal ie DPS). Bc of Tagehels, she will be moving shortly thereafter and if you're lucky (50/50) she gets to s2 again. That's pretty nutso. I also usually run an angelica into those comps with fairly high eff res, so I can s3 immunity as well. So obviously, she doesn't explicitly hard counter, but she makes it incredibly easy to navigate those fights... as long as you build a PROPER TEAM.

People here seem to want one unit to do everything for you. That's not how it works and that's not how it should work. On top of that GEAR MATTERS. Just because you have a good unit doesn't mean you deserve to win. You need to farm and farm and farm, get lucky, and farm some more. If you have shitty equipment and complain that you can't beat people who have farmed way more than you... well duh. That's how you get any results in this game.

Here's my Momo, obviously strong, but it's not unrealistic. Just farming hell raid every week and farming wyvern/Golem. Anyone can get these units, you just can't settle and always look to improve.

qDFpx3R.jpg

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Pelicano, I'm sorry, but you're on another planet. I really don't think you understand where people are coming from when you post phrases like "just do this and you too can be this strong!". Either you lack empathy, or you just don't care.

I, and many others, have been playing since day one. Many of us burn skystones/leifs/whatever for energy and play a lot. A lot. A LOT. And we do not have a SINGLE character with the gear you have shown on Ceci and Momo. I'm scared of what other gear your characters have that you're not showing.

Again, as I stated before, this is not to straight up dismiss your posts, but you're not on the same field as 99% of the player base. 175% ER + 13.5k HP + 1276 DEF + 174 speed? I dream of stats that reach 75% of that. I can't even imagine HAVING that gear. When I see characters like yours accompanied by phrases like "you can do it too", no, we can't. It's all RNG, and frankly, it's really obnoxious. It makes us feel like we're doing something wrong when we're doing nothing wrong.

Last edited:

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pelicano, I'm sorry, but you're on another planet. I really don't think you understand where people are coming from when you post phrases like "just do this and you too can be this strong!". Either you lack empathy, or you just don't care.

I, and many others, have been playing since day one. Many of us burn skystones/leifs/whatever for energy and play a lot. A lot. A LOT. And we do not have a SINGLE character with the gear you have shown on Ceci and Momo. I'm scared of what other gear your characters have that you're not showing.

Again, as I stated before, this is not to straight up dismiss your posts, but you're not on the same field as 99% of the player base. 175% ER + 13.5k HP + 1276 DEF + 174 speed? I dream of stats that reach 75% of that. I can't even imagine HAVING that gear. When I see characters like yours accompanied by phrases like "you can do it too", no, we can't. It's all RNG, and frankly, it's really obnoxious. It makes us feel like we're doing something wrong when we're doing nothing wrong.
I mean... "this unit isn't good if geared sub-optimally". In theory the only good unit should be Luna then, which gets a free bonus 30% damage for just existing. Most characters aren't super great in that regard. All I do is farm a ton, I have gotten plenty of shit gears, I just keep farming and farming. I'm not an anomaly either, but I'm obviously in a guild full of strong players/farmers. That's why I have trouble understanding, because if you're running into a ML Ara/Dizzy comp with no immunity and a100 eff res Momo, yeah you're going to have a rough time. I dunno what to tell you. The answer is just to farm and farm and farm. Do nothing but farm wyvern for 2+ weeks and sure, that might not sound fun, but it's basically what I've done before to gear units, while also not settling for stuff with flat substats, etc.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
You are an anomaly to 99% of the playerbase, and even to those who farm constantly.

That's the entire point of my post. The fact that you can't see that is what's driving people nuts.

Do nothing but farm wyvern for 2 weeks and sure, that might not sound fun, but it's basically what I've done before to gear units.

Bro I farmed W11 for 2 MONTHS 10+ hours a day and don't have anywhere near that good of gear.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.

I, and many others, have been playing since day one. Many of use burn skystones/leifs/whatever for energy and play a lot. A lot. A LOT. And we do not have a SINGLE character with the gear you have shown on Ceci and Momo. I'm scared of what other gear your characters have that you're not showing.

Near the end of his post he did say it was gear and getting lucky.

You've more or less just reiterated that yourself. It is gear and it is RNG. There's no way around it, however the strategy still applies with the character mentioned.

It might come across a bit douchey but what else is he supposed to say?

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You are an anomaly to 99% of the playerbase, and even to those who farm constantly.

That's the entire point of my post. The fact that you can't see that is what's driving people nuts.

Bro I farmed W11 for 2 MONTHS 10+ hours a day and don't have anywhere near that good of gear.
I'm sorry for being lucky, I guess?

(I mentioned two weeks as a lowball figure to try and not trigger this response, lol)
I also take advantage of free unequip days to reshuffle my gear between all my heroes and see if I can find better matches to specific helms/chests/whatever.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
It's just the lack of empathy that bothers me. Lilibet, saying "just farm" to get gear, etc.

None of these issues are your fault. It's shitty game design. But fuck man, have some empathy for those not in your position.

Carry on, this game is not worth this stress. Just gonna do my dailies and hope they fix it, but we all know they won't.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
LOL. I actually felt like that yesterday lmfao.

I apologise for my involvement in that though. It's been unnecessarily heated and arguably toxic, and I've had an active part in that. This will be my final post on any of those matters.

I just felt like I couldn't let this go. You've known me for a few years now and know that I don't usually get involved in these kind of discussions, so hopefully you have some idea of how strongly I felt about this to have remained a part of it.

Anyways, I apologise, to you and everyone else in this thread. I'll get back to only talking about the game from here on out.
Oh don't worry about it - it's quite the opposite since your posts are the ones I like to read, especially when everyone else has such a grim and negative outlook.

It can get easy to get swept up by a negative mindset when some of the more active Day 1 players are not satisfied. Always important to remember that not everything is shit and that it's not a black and white situation.

Looking forward to the next patch notes and Update - I hope SG will answer to some of the legit criticism of the player base.

I'm not that invested into the game right now but I know that it can't be too good if Day 1 f2p are starting to worry about the future of the game.

I came back to abyss 45 after a few weeks grinding gear and beat the tar outta Ludwig. Then the 500 skystones nets me Lilibett. Today was a good day
Awesome congrats xD
Maybe we get lucky and she gets buffed a bit so that she can be more useful in regular PVE content.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just the lack of empathy that bothers me. Lilibet, saying "just farm" to get gear, etc.

None of these issues are your fault. It's shitty game design. But fuck man, have some empathy for those not in your position.

Carry on, this game is not worth this stress. Just gonna do my dailies and hope they fix it, but we all know they won't.
I mean, it's not lack of empathy. The guy literally just asked me how I would handle the situation and I told him. Additionally, it's a game, so I'm just being straightforward and direct in regards to gameplay applications. I'm not even sure how to rephrase my comments in order to make them... empathetic? I do mention that farming sucks and is unfun plus that it is luck related, that's all I got. I didn't buy my gear, I just farmed such an unholy amount of hours that my mother would be ashamed of me.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
This isn't allowed as you're both in EpicEra o.o
Haha dw I'm not going anywhere. Despite everything I'm still having fun. I am getting a bit frustrated that I can't seem to get a single crit chance necklace but just gotta keep farming Wyvern until the forge gives me something useful.

I really don't know how you guys did this when there was no accessory forging. I've only recently been getting into hunts, and having to rely on drops for them when the main stat is also rng sounds awful.
A lot of people on reddit are getting downvoted for saying luluca doesn't need a buff. I agree with those people.

She's my most used unit ever since her release and I absolutely dont see the need for her to get a buff. She provides damage mitigation as well as doing decent damage and while other characters does each of those job better, she only takes one spot and that's how she's great in my eyes.

People are saying "raise the def break chance." These people using luluca solely for that are already using her wrong.

That said smilegate please do buff her anyways. I enjoyed what you did last time with tamarine.
I don't think Luluca needs a buff, but I think I would personally like to see a little bit of a rework. I love her S2, it's her S1 and S3 I would like to see tweaked. I'm not asking for 100% def break on her S3 (it annoys me when people compare her to Bellona) but having it increase damage over time just doesn't feel very useful. Equally I'm really not a fan of the health mechanic on her S1. It's less that I want her skills to be improved and more that I want her skills to have more value to them if that makes sense.
I came back to abyss 45 after a few weeks grinding gear and beat the tar outta Ludwig. Then the 500 skystones nets me Lilibett. Today was a good day
Grats dude.
So, you got me! Momo doesn't explicitly hard counter (since she's a support), but she makes it so you can easily win those matches since she is a dispelling machine, if you have a proper "TEAM" to do so. Basically, for starters, you don't walk into that comp with a bunch of glass cannon characters, everyone needs to be bulky. If you can rock immunity set on your main DPS to prevent some of the Dizzy first round of debuffs (since she usually rocks violin), even better. I have immunity on most of my PVP DPS, because that's what it takes to fight against Dizzy comps to begin with. Additionally, I never said NO speed, just not that much speed. 150ish+ speed shouldn't be impossible to achieve with a speed set Momo, speed boots, and eff res ring. Speed substats would be nice.

So Dizzy attempts to debuff, dispels immunity on DPS. ML Ara comes down and stuns everyone except for Momo. Momo then prioritizes whoever you need to go next/survive whatever. So she s3's which heals for about 1/3rd of max HP with no goras, grants immunity AND dispels TWO debuffs. With Tagehel's Tome she basically has a near immediate extra turn, in which you s2, and clear 1 debuff off of everyone and heal them for a bit(3 total off your primary heal ie DPS). Bc of Tagehels, she will be moving shortly thereafter and if you're lucky (50/50) she gets to s2 again. That's pretty nutso. I also usually run an angelica into those comps with fairly high eff res, so I can s3 immunity as well. So obviously, she doesn't explicitly hard counter, but she makes it incredibly easy to navigate those fights... as long as you build a PROPER TEAM.

People here seem to want one unit to do everything for you. That's not how it works and that's not how it should work. On top of that GEAR MATTERS. Just because you have a good unit doesn't mean you deserve to win. You need to farm and farm and farm, get lucky, and farm some more. If you have shitty equipment and complain that you can't beat people who have farmed way more than you... well duh. That's how you get any results in this game.

Here's my Momo, obviously strong, but it's not unrealistic. Just farming hell raid every week and farming wyvern/Golem. Anyone can get these units, you just can't settle and always look to improve.

qDFpx3R.jpg
Man Montmo is so good, cannot wait to get mine done. What main stat are you using on the necklace? Just asking because I thought it was health, but the def looks quite high too.
Oh don't worry about it - it's quite the opposite since your posts are the ones I like to read, especially when everyone else has such a grim and negative outlook.
Thanks man, I really appreciate that.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Haha dw I'm not going anywhere. Despite everything I'm still having fun. I am getting a bit frustrated that I can't seem to get a single crit chance necklace but just gotta keep farming Wyvern until the forge gives me something useful.

I really don't know how you guys did this when there was no accessory forging. I've only recently been getting into hunts, and having to rely on drops for them when the main stat is also rng sounds awful.

Heh, it was more "fun" to try and get a necklace back when Hunts didn't even drop accessories and your only options were the ancient coins RNG store chest, lab drops, or the mercy of Smilegate.

Hope you weren't looking for anything greater than lvl.65 gear on your luckiest days!

(oh god the flashbacks)

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I don't think Luluca needs a buff, but I think I would personally like to see a little bit of a rework. I love her S2, it's her S1 and S3 I would like to see tweaked. I'm not asking for 100% def break on her S3 (it annoys me when people compare her to Bellona) but having it increase damage over time just doesn't feel very useful. Equally I'm really not a fan of the health mechanic on her S1. It's less that I want her skills to be improved and more that I want her skills to have more value to them if that makes sense.
Grats dude.
Man Montmo is so good, cannot wait to get mine done. What main stat are you using on the necklace? Just asking because I thought it was health, but the def looks quite high too.

Thanks man, I really appreciate that.
Necklace is HP, the def is primarily from decent substats and defense set bonus on ring and boots. Alkez

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
The nice thing about Lorna's SC is that you can make progress on it just from playing normally. The downside is that it takes forever. I'm pretty sure it took me over a month to complete her SC. The monster kill count part and the urgent mission part finished at around the same time for me.

Definitely happy with her, though. She hits like a truck, and I really needed someone who could do that.
That's true, i'll just focus on other units and these confitions will end by themselves.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know why I've only just come to the realisation that some people just want to fight lol.

Laiza I think your view points are interesting. As I said before I thought you reddit post was well written and a good read. I agreed with some parts and disagreed with others. That is the nature of discussion. But your last post just showed me that you don't really see how you post when you're here.

You've continuously attacked people's character in the few months I've been apart of this thread, repeatedly calling them selfish if their view point doesn't align with yours. And as Westlo said, when people respond to your posts to discuss you just ignore them or continue to rant. I've responded to you a number of times, in agreement with some things while detailing the parts where my thought process separates from yours. But the only time you have ever responded was to tell me that I was "disingenuous" and "pushing a point of view that is inherently self-centered and downright egotistical" lol. Like do you not see the issue with that? People, including myself, want to have discussions with you, but you rarely engage. It just feels like all you want to do is go at people.

I dunno what else to tell you, but you've done a lot more than just attacked ideas. For someone who is able to articulate themselves so well (when you're not swearing every two words lmao) I can't really understand why you show no real interest in discussing topics.

LOL. I actually felt like that yesterday lmfao.

I apologise for my involvement in that though. It's been unnecessarily heated and arguably toxic, and I've had an active part in that. This will be my final post on any of those matters.

I just felt like I couldn't let this go. You've known me for a few years now and know that I don't usually get involved in these kind of discussions, so hopefully you have some idea of how strongly I felt about this to have remained a part of it.

Anyways, I apologise, to you and everyone else in this thread. I'll get back to only talking about the game from here on out.
Okay, to be as absolutely clear as possible, I am calling those actions specifically selfish and I am also talking specifically about Pelicano. I mean, you just look at his posts and tell me that he's not at least behaving in a manner that is devoid of empathy for players that are either not as hugely invested or insanely lucky as he is. Just look at those posts.

Meanwhile I haven't resorted to mocking people directly or calling them names. Fuckin' westlo over here calling me a goldfish and you're wading in with this shit? Give me a break.

I don't have much to engage with when people are just pushing the same shit over and over again, either. It's all the same old song and dance and as you can clearly tell, I'm pretty sick and tired of it. Not just here but on reddit and elsewhere too. Doesn't help that I have to put up with the same obnoxious bullshit every day in arena and guild wars reminding me of the game's fuckin' squandered potential and all the people who keep making excuses for it.

Keep making excuses, I guess. That's your prerogative. Me, I don't have enough hours in the day to suck off a corporate parasite just looking to drain all its customers dry.
The Dizzy being OP in PvP thing is always funny to me.

Primarily because people want to farm the living hell out of Wyvern and Golem for gear but nobody ever wants to talk about how you can farm an immunity and/or an effectiveness resistance set and make her and ML Ara more or less irrelevant. Baal is a different story since he dispels then sleeps I suppose. But again, not every comp has to start with character that does nothing except CR push, you can use a fast DPS to wipe him out.

I complain about her on impulse but I also understand that.... to an extent, it's my own L because I could go and farm an immunity set, I just can't be bothered. Lol

Baiken was called a bad PvP choice because of immunity sets, yet the same applies to ML Ara. Opinions can be so wishy washy.
Okay, no, that is NOT how this works. This only works on the assumption that you can kill all the problem characters in one turn, and even then, it means nothing if they're used in combination. Dizzy with Iela Violin and ML Aramintha together completely nullifies immunity set, as does ML Baal and Dizzy or ML Baal and ML Ara or even just Hurado and ML Ara or Dizzy. Trying to get ML Baal down to 50% before he moves is also a huge gamble as both he and Dizzy tend to be built very fast, and only Assassin Cidd and Assassin Coli can reliably move before him, and even then, odds are pretty high that you need soulburn to get him below 50%. (And then both of those characters become dead weight as they get stunned or debuffed to oblivion or just outright killed because they're squishy as hell.)

I know how this works very well because I've been wrestling with every conceivable combination attempting to find a solution. The closest thing I've found to a solution is putting everyone in immunity set AND also bringing Angelic Montmorancy. I'm basically building entire teams around this shit and it all completely goes to hell if there's a Luna who can one-shot someone through C. Armin (note: I'm only as high as I am because I have C. Armin) or if the Dizzy is both 210+ speed and carrying Iela Violin and also being boosted by a Roozid speed buff (because, y'know, being lapped by a character who has a 25% chance to stun anyone on the entire team with her S1 and also an 80% chance to dispel buffs is kind of a bad thing).

It completely ruins my team compositions in guild wars too, as my ONLY options are to bring those characters in immunity set and also bring Angelic Montmorancy, which basically limits me to like 6 of my cast. Fie on me if the enemy's running a fire team with Dizzy, since my immunity set DPS are earth element or Kayron (who is useless against tanky teams). Even better if it's Angelica + Dizzy + Kayron or Ken, lol. Literally nothing I can do against those teams. Maybe if I were a lucksack and had a Dark Corvus I wouldn't even give a shit. But I don't, so it's a struggle. A constant struggle against a character that basically everyone who was playing the game during the collab has. Joys.

Last edited:

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, to be as absolutely clear as possible, I am calling those actions specifically selfish and I am also talking specifically about Pelicano. I mean, you just look at his posts and tell me that he's not at least behaving in a manner that is devoid of empathy for players that are either not as hugely invested or insanely lucky as he is. Just look at those posts.

Meanwhile I haven't resorted to mocking people directly or calling them names. Fuckin' westlo over here calling me a goldfish and you're wading in with this shit? Give me a break.

I don't have much to engage with when people are just pushing the same shit over and over again, either. It's all the same old song and dance and as you can clearly tell, I'm pretty sick and tired of it. Not just here but on reddit and elsewhere too. Doesn't help that I have to put up with the same obnoxious bullshit every day in arena and guild wars reminding me of the game's fuckin' squandered potential and all the people who keep making excuses for it.

Keep making excuses, I guess. That's your prerogative. Me, I don't have enough hours in the day to suck off a corporate parasite just looking to drain all its customers dry.
You seem very mad. I have learned today that giving advice and posting my gear, while not ripping the game to shreds (while still acknowledging that it is very flawed) is being devoid of empathy. Thanks!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Our captains didn't set up GW today and someone rage quit. You can go one day without a GW buddy!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Ooooh are we sharing Montmo's. Here's an update on mine, found a spiffy neck with 24% effect resistance. I should probably make another set for the rest of the effect resistance but I only farm Wyvern lol. My Angelica still puts her to shame as far as HP/DEF goes but Montmo is much more viable in Arena when I want to tank.

MLpGOIq.jpg

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if you could wrangle another 40 eff res, either through set bonus or whatever, youd be golden. You at least have a bit of room to play around since you have 2 speed slots that can get replaced by whatever. Very decent though!

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
When I see the gears posts it just reminds me how far behind I am. Really want to catch up already (I'm a super impatient person lol). But at the same time they're informative as it gives me idea of what I should be aiming for which is really helpful. lt519 I think you've shared it before but would you be willing to share your Angelica build too?
You seem very mad. I have learned today that giving advice and posting my gear, while not ripping the game to shreds (while still acknowledging that it is very flawed) is being devoid of empathy. Thanks!
I think we just have to let it go at this point bro. Some people are just here to argue lol. It's clear from the posts above that the 4 or 5 of us involved have made it very uncomfortable for the rest of the users and we should try to get away from that, even if that means accepting the comments being said.
It's like PVP in Epic Seven, but in real life.
LOL. This made me laugh because it's PvP, irl, on the internet lmao.
Our captains didn't set up GW today and someone rage quit. You can go one day without a GW buddy!
Damn. I guess it's different if your guild isn't built from another platform like the era guilds are. There's not really that communication or understanding that people have other things going on in their lives. They just want to do their attacks and get their mystic medals rather than be a part of the collective.

I'm not sure if there's slots atm but you're still welcome to join us at EpicEra bro.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Alkez Yeah, I try to leave it at that, but seeing people complain about how they have to build specific characters and builds to handle other specific characters and builds, instead of having one size fits all just makes my brain crash. I surrender!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
When I see the gears posts it just reminds me how far behind I am. Really want to catch up already (I'm a super impatient person lol). But at the same time they're informative as it gives me idea of what I should be aiming for which is really helpful. lt519 I think you've shared it before but would you be willing to share your Angelica build too?
I think we just have to let it go at this point bro. Some people are just here to argue lol. It's clear from the posts above that the 4 or 5 of us involved have made it very uncomfortable for the rest of the users and we should try to get away from that, even if that means accepting the comments being said.

LOL. This made me laugh because it's PvP, irl, on the internet lmao.

Damn. I guess it's different if your guild isn't built from another platform like the era guilds are. There's not really that communication or understanding that people have other things going on in their lives. They just want to do their attacks and get their mystic medals rather than be a part of the collective.

I'm not sure if there's slots atm but you're still welcome to join us at EpicEra bro.

But I just made Captain! We did rally and win all three matches last week though, I refuse to give up!Joking aside, yeah my guild is slowly crumbling, soon enough I'll come crawling to EpicEra.

Sure, she hasn't changed since I last posted (except she's +10 now, needed a little more oomph for Abyss 90).

Basically everything right side is Health % main stat. I had her stats a little more even but then I built her straight up HP for Wyvern. She can tank a Dizzy'd Wyvern without healing (actually she does heal once, just watched) to the barrier phase. I have my Wyvern fight really speed tuned so Dizzy always gets her S3 off to begin the Wyvern battle. She does well enough in Hell Raid too paired with Dizzy that I don't need a second healer.

Sometimes I run both her and Montmo in arena and tickle cleave comps to death.

fLXVoU4.jpg

edit: lol I still haven't fully leveled that sword too, it's garbage.

Yeah, if you could wrangle another 40 eff res, either through set bonus or whatever, youd be golden. You at least have a bit of room to play around since you have 2 speed slots that can get replaced by whatever. Very decent though!

The armor and helmet don't have any effect resist sub-stats so they are prime candidates if I can find some good effect resist sets. Basically non-essential pieces that are just adding to her health/defense pool. I just don't have good auto teams set up for Banshee. I can manual easily with Baiken but nobody has time for that.

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
If it makes you feel any better, I'm way behind the people here in gear too lol. I just got my Carmin to a usable state, but her gear stat rolls have been awful, so pretty much everything she wears needs to be replaced fast. I'm just hoping she can get me my first queen clear this week.

And for units that I'm pretty happy with, their gear is good, but too low tier to be permanent, like the adventurer destruction set.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
This is my only piece of genuinely amazing gear.

Screenshot_20190707-202045.jpg

Basically everything else is either garbage, average, or slightly above average. I still don't have a 90k CP character. I've been playing since launch.

Meh.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
If you guys were me, what would be good to 6 star next? I can't yet beat W11 so the main goal is that and improving PVP teams. Im also only in Gold 5 because I just started doing PVP a couple weeks ago and usually only do 5-10 a day since I'm grinding up dogs almost 100% of my time. I was thinking Ravi cuz she's a beast now. I'm meh on Tywin having used him at 5 star but maybe he could help my W11? or is there something else better I'm missing. I think my W11 issues are more equipment related honestly but when I tried it I was using Kise, Ken, Dizzy, Angelica. Definitely eventually want to 6 star BBK but I don't know that it should be a priority now.

Current 6 stars
Angelica
Kise
Ken
Vildred
Arbiter Vildred
Dizzy

5 stars
Cecilia
Baal & Sezan
Ravi
Tywin
Basar
Violet
Luluca
Lilibet

4 stars
I have all of the regular gacha 4 stars plus blood Blade Karin

3 stars
All regular gacha units

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
So, you got me! Momo doesn't explicitly hard counter

Ok cool, I thought as much but its good to get it confirmed.
Why do you need 180 res anyway? Is there something special that happens at 180? I thought the formula was something like MIN(Res-EFF, 15) so having any more resistance than the enemy effectiveness was wasted so you always have a 15% to be hit by the stun.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
If you guys were me, what would be good to 6 star next? I can't yet beat W11 so the main goal is that and improving PVP teams. Im also only in Gold 5 because I just started doing PVP a couple weeks ago and usually only do 5-10 a day since I'm grinding up dogs almost 100% of my time. I was thinking Ravi cuz she's a beast now. I'm meh on Tywin having used him at 5 star but maybe he could help my W11? or is there something else better I'm missing. I think my W11 issues are more equipment related honestly but when I tried it I was using Kise, Ken, Dizzy, Angelica. Definitely eventually want to 6 star BBK but I don't know that it should be a priority now.

Current 6 stars
Angelica
Kise
Ken
Vildred
Arbiter Vildred
Dizzy

5 stars
Cecilia
Baal & Sezan
Ravi
Tywin
Basar
Violet
Luluca
Lilibet

4 stars
I have all of the regular gacha 4 stars plus blood Blade Karin

3 stars
All regular gacha units

You lack a blue defense breaker for W11, honestly just get Taranor Guard to 5 stars and 75% effectiveness and use him. If you want you can have Angelica tank, Dizzy for damage reduction and defense break extend and Kise for DPS. Alternatively you could go Tywin tank, Angelica heal, Dizzy damage reduction and Kise DPS. Tywin may be useful in more content than W11 and TG is really just niche for W11.

If that's your priority focus on that. If not Ravi and Violet are just really fun units for PvE and PvP respectively. Angelic Montmo is a great second healer for Abyss and Wyvern if you want to do a Specialty Change character, a lot of content runs dual healers.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
You lack a blue defense breaker for W11, honestly just get Taranor Guard to 5 stars and 75% effectiveness and use him. If you want you can have Angelica tank, Dizzy for damage reduction and defense break extend and Kise for DPS. Alternatively you could go Tywin tank, Angelica heal, Dizzy damage reduction and Kise DPS. Tywin may be useful in more content than W11 and TG is really just niche for W11.

If that's your priority focus on that. If not Ravi and Violet are just really fun units for PvE and PvP respectively.

Do Taranor or Tywin need to be 6 star? They both have def. break and Tywin is already level 50. If not, I'll just continue to improve gear and worry about PVP until I have enough.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Taranor should be 50, but with Joker he does enough damage to earn a spot and doesn't need to be 60.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Do Taranor or Tywin need to be 6 star? They both have def. break and Tywin is already level 50. If not, I'll just continue to improve gear and worry about PVP until I have enough.

I've ran Wyvern11 with a lvl.50 Taranor Guard. As long as he survives the first stage, and has a decent amount of gear, you should be ok.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
For wyvern, units only need to be 6 star if you can't meet the stat requirements without it. If you have enough gear to make your tank reach around 12-13k hp (more is better of course) , enough to make your healer heal without getting lapped by the wyvern, and enough to make Dizzy keep her debuff up, then you don't need to 6-star those characters.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, that was pretty cool. I just ran into an arena defense team that had a level 40 Judith. Judith S3ed for CR push, Yuna buffed the party, and then Vildred S3ed my team really hard. I survived but it was a cool setup.

I know this is probably common to people here, but it's neat to see something like that in person after hearing people explaining it here before.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What the fuck happened to this thread lol you're a whale presumably Pelicano anyway right?
Nope, I have spent money though. Also lucky.

Ok cool, I thought as much but its good to get it confirmed.
Why do you need 180 res anyway? Is there something special that happens at 180? I thought the formula was something like MIN(Res-EFF, 15) so having any more resistance than the enemy effectiveness was wasted so you always have a 15% to be hit by the stun.
Basically, some dude on Reddit said and in my own experiences, 180 eff res is the sweet spot in regards to resisting 90+% of debuffs in Champion/ Legend tier, which means it should essentially move closer to the 100% range in lower tiers. In high Legend though, that's not entirely the case anymore.

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks everyone. I'll get taranor to 50 and try with him before 6 starring anyone else just for W11

Biestmann

Oct 25, 2017
What happened is that you lot are frustrated about the state of the game and are letting it out on each other. If the game gets you this heated, it is time to take a step back for the sake of your own health. Like I did after finding myself too affected by my miserable pull streak.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

I run my Auto 11 team with a TG at 50. I suggested Tywin as a possibility because he could also double as a damage soak and in that role you'd probably want him at 60.

TG advantage is that his DEF break is on his S1 so you turn off his skills and he's more reliable for an auto team. Tywin as a tank and defense breaker would struggle to keep defense break up if he's getting pushed back and not refreshing his cool down. But he could play support with angie up front, him holding Aurius to soak up some damage, and defense breaking.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there's a "press conference" in 9ish hours regarding the state of the game in Korea. Whether this is just about the hackers or the game as a whole? Who knows.

It's supposedly a big deal. All of the mobile gaming industry in Korea are going to be watching.

Status
Not open for further replies.