• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
"Press Conference"

Sounds interesting. I guess I might have something interesting to read about when I get into work tomorrow.
Is it worth 6* Crimson Armin? I mean i was under the impression tanks should be 6* last right?
She's totally worth 6*ing eventually, as for last it depends a bit on your current goals.

PVE-wise if she isn't dying then she can wait a fair bit.

PVP it depends on what sort of team you're looking to build.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Well these last few pages went somewhere; just remember this is all fun lads/lasses, don't let some mobile game stress our E7 community out. Having learned my lesson from FFBE; never play catch up and play at you own pace, there's always going to be someone luckier than you or puts a lot more money than you; if you're stuck somewhere hopefully we can help you out with what you got.

Oct 25, 2017
Well these last few pages went somewhere; just remember this is all fun lads/lasses, don't let some mobile game stress our E7 community out. Having learned my lesson from FFBE; never play catch up and play at you own pace, there's always going to be someone luckier than you or puts a lot more money than you; if you're stuck somewhere hopefully we can help you out with what you got.

Oh god FFBE. That was my first hardcore Gacha game...that game popped my cherry and destroyed my soul. Never again.

"Press Conference"

Sounds interesting. I guess I might have something interesting to read about when I get into work tomorrow.

She's totally worth 6*ing eventually, as for last it depends a bit on your current goals.

PVE-wise if she isn't dying then she can wait a fair bit.

PVP it depends on what sort of team you're looking to build.

Ah I see, shes a monster lol

Last edited:

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there's a "press conference" in 9ish hours regarding the state of the game in Korea. Whether this is just about the hackers or the game as a whole? Who knows.

It's supposedly a big deal. All of the mobile gaming industry in Korea are going to be watching.
Delete flat stats, ML characters, arena, and everything!

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

This is my GvG match that I had right now. Cleaning up some 10 HP towers and Violet kind of carried the hell out of me. RNG activate.

I didn't record another match where Momo just hard carried the shit out of me, which is sad, but she was pretty trolly in the 2nd round. Trigger warning for high stat/ELO e7.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Apparently there's a "press conference" in 9ish hours regarding the state of the game in Korea. Whether this is just about the hackers or the game as a whole? Who knows.

It's supposedly a big deal. All of the mobile gaming industry in Korea are going to be watching.

Hopefully they put the horse down and we can all leave this trash fire of an OT.

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
What determines who an enemy Luna targets in PVP?
I keep thinking my Lidica with skill nullifier is going to be the biggest target, being the lowest levelled on my team, being at an elemental disadvantage and being in the first slot, however stacked Luna's seem to target my Dizzy without fail every single time

Oct 25, 2017
What determines who an enemy Luna targets in PVP?
I keep thinking my Lidica with skill nullifier is going to be the biggest target, being the lowest levelled on my team, being at an elemental disadvantage and being in the first slot, however stacked Luna's seem to target my Dizzy without fail every single time
Luna will always target the squishiest, regardless of color thanks to her s3 effect. Skill nullifier makes Lidica not squishy

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Luna will always target the squishiest, regardless of color thanks to her s3 effect. Skill nullifier makes Lidica not squishy

Lowest health percentage* since it bypasses elemental check

If they're all the same (100%) then it's random. Most of the time after an aoe attack (unless certain things happen, they miss on the squish and crit the tank and they have aurius) the squishiest will have the lowest hp% so they'll get targeted.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell

I found gacha games to be much more enjoyable once I set two ironclad rules for myself. One, no spending. Two, don't get competitive. I just think of them as collect-a-thons for waifus and husbandos.

Not that there's a correct way to play games, of course. It's just I do have a bit of a competitive streak myself in genres like fighters and footie games and I realized if I let that mentality sneak into my f2p gacha-ing it'd end up sucking the blood (and income) outta me. So what I mean is... try to compartmentalize if you feel burned out by gacha games, I guess? Think of them as an entirely different hobby separate from console/PC gaming if you have to, with an entirely different ruleset.

tl;dr everything is the will of the gacha and the gacha wants us all dead

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I found gacha games to be much more enjoyable once I set two ironclad rules for myself. One, no spending. Two, don't get competitive. I just think of them as collect-a-thons for waifus and husbandos.

Not that there's a correct way to play games, of course. It's just I do have a bit of a competitive streak myself in genres like fighters and footie games and I realized if I let that mentality sneak into my f2p gacha-ing it'd end up sucking the blood (and income) outta me. So what I mean is... try to compartmentalize if you feel burned out by gacha games, I guess? Think of them as an entirely different hobby separate from console/PC gaming if you have to, with an entirely different ruleset.

My rule is to play multiple gacha games so there is never the temptation to pay for something I didn't get and never the feeling that there is a content drought. If I get bored or frustrated with one, I play a different one for a bit, then come back.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
My rule is to play multiple gacha games so there is never the temptation to pay for something I didn't get and never the feeling that there is a content drought. If I get bored or frustrated with one, I play a different one for a bit, then come back.

Sounds good too, but instead of taking a break I'm more inclined to drop a particular game period if I ever feel bored or burned out. I have a fairly high threshold for that kind of stuff, but that also means once a game crosses it I very rarely give it a second chance. The only recent game (not limited to mobile) I remember giving a second chance to was Red Dead Redemption 2 and it turns out I was right the first time.

That being said, even if mystics and limited characters kinda sour pvp for me, E7 looks like the sort of game I can enjoy for as long as it lasts. f2p lifestyle gives me just enough goodies to have fun building my dudes, dudettes and everything in between.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm kind of the same with juggling multiple games. E7 used to be my side game from FEH but now I mostly play E7 and only log in to a few other games for the login bonuses. And I'll move on from E7 once I get tired of it. I try to treat them as cheap entertainment and avoid getting too invested into any one of them.

Gacha cycle, as you say.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Was so close to my first 3 win Guild War yesterday. Unfortunately lost the last round of the last match for the draw. I lost Aux Lots in the first match, who's one of my main pieces so I had to improvise. I threw Luluca in there because she had gear on. I actually found her to be really useful. Leading off with her S2 seems a lot more sensible than using her S3. I still think her S1 is almost useless though. I guess I could build her for damage, but then I won't be able to get the S2 off before I take most of the damage. She's not a priority right now but she is someone I would like to work on at some point in the future.

Edit: I was told that a Tooth prok didn't count as an Extinction kill on Lilibet's S3, but apparently it does from this video I just watched. That definitely makes her better in my eyes.
Alkez Yeah, I try to leave it at that, but seeing people complain about how they have to build specific characters and builds to handle other specific characters and builds, instead of having one size fits all just makes my brain crash. I surrender!
I know man, I know.
But I just made Captain! We did rally and win all three matches last week though, I refuse to give up!Joking aside, yeah my guild is slowly crumbling, soon enough I'll come crawling to EpicEra.

Sure, she hasn't changed since I last posted (except she's +10 now, needed a little more oomph for Abyss 90).

Basically everything right side is Health % main stat. I had her stats a little more even but then I built her straight up HP for Wyvern. She can tank a Dizzy'd Wyvern without healing (actually she does heal once, just watched) to the barrier phase. I have my Wyvern fight really speed tuned so Dizzy always gets her S3 off to begin the Wyvern battle. She does well enough in Hell Raid too paired with Dizzy that I don't need a second healer.

Sometimes I run both her and Montmo in arena and tickle cleave comps to death.

fLXVoU4.jpg

edit: lol I still haven't fully leveled that sword too, it's garbage.

The armor and helmet don't have any effect resist sub-stats so they are prime candidates if I can find some good effect resist sets. Basically non-essential pieces that are just adding to her health/defense pool. I just don't have good auto teams set up for Banshee. I can manual easily with Baiken but nobody has time for that.
Thanks for sharing. Seems my Angelica isn't too far off from being in a good place then which is good to know. Mine has about 3k less HP but some of her gear is really old.
At least we're not the KR community.
Everyday I see Tenha streaming with the latest happenings in the KR community. It seems pretty bad over there.
Oh god FFBE. That was my first hardcore Gacha game...that game popped my cherry and destroyed my soul. Never again.
Wait...are you actually the Chilly from the FFBE Neogaf thread from way back in the day?! The guy who always wanted Emperor?
Hopefully they put the horse down and we can all leave this trash fire of an OT.
Sorry. It's all E7 talk from here on out :)
This is pretty much it. Still waiting on my first Kluri.
E7 will probably be my last gacha. Once I'm done with it, I'm done for good.
I've said that many times. I always end up coming back to something lol.

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I've "quit" gachas a lot too. I always come back to check something out, though I've learned to hold everything at arm's length. The way gachas provide cheap entertainment whenever you have a few free minutes is weirdly important to me these days, because I rarely have time to sit down and play more involved games.

I should find better phone games or just install an e-reader or something lol.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is basically all a ploy until slay the spire gets released on iOS. Then i will be freed from my gacha shackles.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Until they add new classes and cards gacha to StS mobile.

I was going to say what are the odds but now that I think about it I'm still missing Bask lol.
Bask is an extremely rare limited 3* unit only obtainable during Diene's side story event. (Note: I mean "extremely rare" in the sense that new 3* units, and limited 3*s in general, don't happen very often.)

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I've "quit" gachas a lot too. I always come back to check something out, though I've learned to hold everything at arm's length. The way gachas provide cheap entertainment whenever you have a few free minutes is weirdly important to me these days, because I rarely have time to sit down and play more involved games.

I should find better phone games or just install an e-reader or something lol.

Then you realize that you can read and farm gacha's at the same time if you have a Kindle, which I often do at night. I actually have Epic Seven installed on my work phone and still play FE Heroes or PAD at the same time on my personal phone when farming. I don't think I'd play much E7 if 90% of the gameplay wasn't just auto-battling. I love the content you need to manual, but if I had to pay attention to grind I'd have dropped it a while ago.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Then you realize that you can read and farm gacha's at the same time if you have a Kindle, which I often do at night. I actually have Epic Seven installed on my work phone and still play FE Heroes or PAD at the same time on my personal phone when farming. I don't think I'd play much E7 if 90% of the gameplay wasn't just auto-battling. I love the content you need to manual, but if I had to pay attention to grind I'd have dropped it a while ago.
Oh man, I could see myself doing that if I had multiple devices. Probably for the best that I don't lol.

I do like how auto-friendly E7 is. I actually want a good degree of autobattle in my gacha games because they tend to be grindy, and I don't want to pay too much attention to them. I've dropped some other gacha games because their auto systems are too high maintenance.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm no better, earlier this year, no joke, I was juggling E7, Dragalia, Valkyrie, Another Eden, Star Ocean, SMT, Knights Chronicle, FGO, Langrisser, Hokai, and Kings Raid.

It was a bit much.

Now Im down to FGO, E7, Dragalia, and Kings raid now

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
HOLY SHIT! You were in the GAF thread!??!
Yooooo, I can't believe it's actually you lmao. I didn't join until OT2, I think only a couple of months before you left, but yeah I was there with all them guys, Lyrian, CCIE, Hippo, Chrono, Zera etc etc. We always wondered what happened to you. You were like the centerpiece of that thread and then one day you just stopped posting.

I was wondering when you joined the FGO thread if it was actually you or not because your username is so close to the one of gaf. I don't miss BE but that thread was legit. It was always active right up until the gaf apocolypse.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Don't be like me. When I quit a gacha it just resides on my phone waiting for the right moment to collect money from my empty wallet.
Damn you chain chronicle

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard good things about Dragalia, but I could never bring myself to play it alongside E7. I saw all the dailies and subdungeons and currencies, then just noped out of it all. I already hate how many currencies and subdungeons there are in E7, so I couldn't take the thought of dealing with another whole set of very similar things.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Oh man, I could see myself doing that if I had multiple devices. Probably for the best that I don't lol.

I do like how auto-friendly E7 is. I actually want a good degree of autobattle in my gacha games because they tend to be grindy, and I don't want to pay too much attention to them. I've dropped some other gacha games because their auto systems are too high maintenance.

Yup, as is I have to skip all the grind-y events in both FE Heroes and PAD. PAD is basically impossible to auto and while FE Heroes has an auto for Tempest Trials just about everything else is manual. I stick around and collect dailies and then run the Legendary Hero Battles/Grand Hero Battles and then in PAD run the occasional new Descend or One Shot Challenges. With E7 I can run side-stories or hunts while reading, watching TV, etc. Hell I was auto-battling while playing Rocket League the other night with my buddies.

I don't know if that's all necessarily a good thing though. E7 almost requires the grinding while FE Heroes and PAD just reward you with some decent but not game altering stuff for grinding.

Oct 25, 2017
I've heard good things about Dragalia, but I could never bring myself to play it alongside E7. I saw all the dailies and subdungeons and currencies, then just noped out of it all. I already hate how many currencies and subdungeons there are in E7, so I couldn't take the thought of dealing with another whole set of very similar things.

Dragalia is babies first gacha lol Very simple, fantastic presentation and voice acting, no translation issues...a smooth nintendo experience lol

My most played lately are de FGO/E7 though. FGO is pure poison for the soul but it is written so well lol

Yooooo, I can't believe it's actually you lmao. I didn't join until OT2, I think only a couple of months before you left, but yeah I was there with all them guys, Lyrian, CCIE, Hippo, Chrono, Zera etc etc. We always wondered what happened to you. You were like the centerpiece of that thread and then one day you just stopped posting.

I was wondering when you joined the FGO thread if it was actually you or not because your username is so close to the one of gaf. I don't miss BE but that thread was legit. It was always active right up until the gaf apocolypse.

I tend to do that oddly enough lol That thread was a ton of fun wasn't it? I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things with this and FGO but I have joined quite late!

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
You guys heard about SG is under fire for what they say privately about gamers and not really putting in effort for this game. The respect and dedication for fans are down and they're trying to fix it? From what I read its a big mess...

Oct 25, 2017
You guys heard about SG is under fire for what they say privately about gamers and not really putting in effort for this game. The respect and dedication for fans are down and they're trying to fix it? From what I read its a big mess...

Reddit is in civil war over the game at the moment, too much negative energy. Look at what happened here lol

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really get the whole issue going on in KR tbh. I don't see how someone else cheating in the game affects me at all. The multiplayer side of this game is significant but the non-real time, near anonymous nature makes it hard to care. What difference does it make if someone completes Abyss 90 by cheating vs pulling ML 5*s and getting Pelicano tier gear by luck?

Oct 25, 2017
I guess its the cheating but its more so the STOVE account hacking and SG just sort going "k." But again I don't know all the details

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really get the whole issue going on in KR tbh. I don't see how someone else cheating in the game affects me at all. The multiplayer side of this game is significant but the non-real time, near anonymous nature makes it hard to care. What difference does it make if someone completes Abyss 90 by cheating vs pulling ML 5*s and getting Pelicano tier gear by luck?
It can give them more rewards which can directly translate into being stronger in PVP.

It's like when people say "why does it matter if Tam is OP in PVE?", it's because she enables you to clear more content or clear it more efficiently, which leads to getting better gear, which leads to PVP success.

It's all connected.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I wasn't aware about what is happening , but after reading some comments here , started to search to see what's going on , seems like involved account hacks (Did they solved it?) at least saw some youtube videos mentioning it about protect your account, reddit is in flames. People clashing with each other there, seems much worse than other meltdowns that happened before.

Oct 25, 2017
I suppose if you whale and spend several thousand dollars and then get your account hacked or be unable to surpass cheating in PVP that might make you upset

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Tomorrow I'm going to try something random and use Yuna in Guild Wars. EpicEra if I lose I apologise lol but I have a plan dw.
I tend to do that oddly enough lol That thread was a ton of fun wasn't it? I'm hoping to get back into the swing of things with this and FGO but I have joined quite late!
It really was. One of the best communities I've ever been a part of. Have such fond memories of those days.
I wasn't aware about what is happening , but after reading some comments here , started to search to see what's going on , seems like involved account hacks (Did they solved it?) at least saw some youtube videos mentioning it about protect your account, reddit is in flames. People clashing with each other there, seems much worse than other meltdowns that happened before.
Reading through the comments it looks like the exact same issues we were having here. For some people if you're not completely against SG you're on their side and making excuses for them. And for other people anyone who says anything negative is just hater lol. I think it feels worse because there's so many active users there in comparison to here, so there's not much room for genuine discussion to take place.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
It started from the KR community being upset about hackers on the AT leaderboard. Apparently it's their "thing"...to more or less bombard companies when they're unhappy.

After that the whole thing about account hacking came about, which was weird because I hadn't heard much about people losing their accounts before.

I personally find putting so much stock into a PvE leaderboard a bit odd, but when you're paying $$$$$$ to be the most powerful and spending ridiculous amount of hours grinding W11 & Golem PLUS floor 100 being as hard as it is only to some guy(s) hack their way on to the board I get it I guess.

Of course people who were never ever gonna make it onto board added to fire in typical riot fashion, it all leaked over to Reddit....and you know what that place can be like.

They were also accused of lying about the ban number.

Either way in the long run it leads to more compensation and better security for us.

Status
Not open for further replies.