• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017

So recorded this fight, we were playing against the #4 guild. We got obliterated of course, but this is a PSA for Baiken is really good on defense.

Also I called Lilibet being an excuse to release more revive characters.

what is your strategy with using Tammarine here?

I have her but I was under the impression she is pretty much useless in pvp

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone have a built violet? What do I pump first? His S1 or S3?

I guess the S3 would burn Dizzys low enough for the S1 counter to finish them off regardless of Mola, probably even kill them? But the S1 investment would allow the counters to do more damage and heal more on lifesteals?
I went s3 first, since that's usually what you need to rely on to clean up kills. Like if you're against ML Ken, you wanna s3 him when he's at half and having it mola gora'd makes sure he can finish off kills he otherwise wouldn't.

what is your strategy with using Tammarine here?

I have her but I was under the impression she is pretty much useless in pvp
I get dumpstered by top tier Baikens. If I bring in a blue unit, they're just dead. So the strat was (and would've worked if I wasn't RNGd into oblivion), Two red units means she's gonna focus Corvus. She is gonna crit and attack a bunch, so she's gonna be like a battery for his s3. I NEED a support so it's basically either her or Hazel, but Tama has upside if the game went a bit long (which it would've). Then I would've s3d Ruele, hopefully Cecilia would've taken a bit of the heat from Corvus, either via taunt or attack down, and I would've immediately focused Baiken next. That's it!

It is my best strategy against Baiken / Ruele, it just didn't work out due to back to back dual attacks from dizzy that stunned my entire team + a billion R&L procs. If I had a Lilibet, I would've brought in a sacrificial blue unit and just eaten Baiken alive or if I had any sort of Rez capability. The Ruele/Baiken really forces my hand as far as team comp.

Also that was against TrapHaus, 4th ranked guild, so that was a +15 100k CP max RnL nightmare Baiken. Lastly Tamarinne is exceptionally good in PVP and she is part of the Iseria/Tama PvP comp, which basically has her in idol form turn 1 and proceeds to dispel, cr/attack buff and dual attack her way to victory.

Last edited:

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
thanks for the reply Pelicano

Edit
I think I play to much I only have 71 logins or everybody ResetEra guild is tired of the grind, I'm the only level 65 player did it last week. My friend said epic seven seems like a second job.

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
and yet I got her to +15 way before you...you disappoint Luna
Sorry. I've been distracted.

YmiUNEh.jpg

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm enjoying this side story so far.

I also feel like the devs found an excuse to show carbuncles and gryphons a lot, and I'm totally okay with that.
thanks for the reply Pelicano

Edit
I think I play to much I only have 71 logins or everybody ResetEra guild is tired of the grind, I'm the only level 65 player did it last week. My friend said epic seven seems like a second job.
The grind is real in this game. I'd go nuts if I treated it like my main MMO.

You I was in a situation like this in arena and my girl stunned him, healed and attacked and it was dead!!!

...though it was a regular ken lol
not gonna lie, that's how I win against her
That comic came from a Reddit thread, where the comments sounded split between people who saw Angie win with a stun there, and people who beat Angie that way.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
I don't know who I am going to use this on, but the rolls were crazy:

6NNqqQz.png

I also was rolling another 85 epic speed ring with health% but it had a speed substat. First two rolls went into Speed at +10 and then the remaining 3 rolls went into flat stats, big waste!

That's a Ken ring, don't show Owzers.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Fuck unequip costs. Can't even try out different builds and characters on floor 100 because I'm constantly broke. If they don't address this shit on Monday, I'm going to EXPLODE!

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I've never understood why there are costs to unequip gear.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess the Unknown Slate on Luna is a good investment ?

Edit : If i had a choice between snatching 2 pieces from the PVP store (never bought one), and an Unknown State, which one should i prioritize :o ?

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
If i had a choice between snatching 2 pieces from the PVP store (never bought one), and an Unknown State, which one should i prioritize :o ?
I think neck and ring are the best ones as they give useful main stats and have pretty good substats for RNG with. Necks and Rings also cost more to craft. Boots might be good if you don't need the speed main stat. I think a good strategy is to look at your current teams' equipment and consider them as a stand alone piece before usefulness in a set.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Didn't even realise this was a pack. I don't spend so I never look at them. Just knew about the mystic packs and monthly packs. Do people actually buy this though? 2.5 million doesn't seem worth $100 to me.

The "Hot" icon strongly implies that's the case, as that's usually an indication that a pack is popular. So it seems to be working as intended.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Our guild must have offended someone at Smilegate. We were playing against 4th guild, lost quite spectacularly, now fighting 2nd place guild. We might get kicked out of top 20 bc of these matchups. Feels sad man.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The RNG in this game is really getting to me. The game will never be balanced with how strong and readily available status effects are, so they need the RNG to counter them, when in reality they really just need to not make them so strong.

15% miss chance just because isn't a fun mechanic.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Every time my resurrection period gets shorter and shorter.

Extinction is inevitable. Except it might not take me out because Lilibet sucks. :smug:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I used a gimped Lilibet (level 58 with broken gear) twice in GW today taking out Crayon and a A.Vildred, working as intended for me. I did have to chip Crayon down first though with some other AoE attacks but it was all planned out and executed how I hoped.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Oh I didn't see it was costing more to upgrade some equipment, somehow just read that as less and thought the compensation was just for the maintenance time.

Wonder how much I overpaid for that glorious Ken (who I don't have) ring.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I blew a few million on upgrades over the past few days, so I'm pretty sure 500k isn't enough compensation.

Upgrade costs are just brutal for the last few steps.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Ahaha, managed to scrape together my remaining units this GW to cheese out one last tower with low health using a dps + carmin + Angie turtle team.

It was a draw because my other team was screwed, but I'm glad I got that last tower down, at least.

What happens when one fortress loses all its towers anyway? Someone can then attack the middle building in that fortress?

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
Ahaha, managed to scrape together my remaining units this GW to cheese out one last tower with low health using a dps + carmin + Angie turtle team.

It was a draw because my other team was screwed, but I'm glad I got that last tower down, at least.

What happens when one fortress loses all its towers anyway? Someone can then attack the middle building in that fortress?

Noticed you downed the tower - nice! Yeah, the fortress is now up for grabs for the rest of the guildies. What's nice about getting to the fortress is that in pre-season the defending players placed there usually aren't the strongest, so it's a bit of a free-for-all for everyone to attack and demolish.

Of course, this setup will most likely be changing come season 1 of GW.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Got a few pieces of the Abyss level 85 lifesteal gear today. It's working well on Sol so far.
Noticed you downed the tower - nice! Yeah, the fortress is now up for grabs for the rest of the guildies. What's nice about getting to the fortress is that in pre-season the defending players placed there usually aren't the strongest, so it's a bit of a free-for-all for everyone to attack and demolish.

Of course, this setup will most likely be changing come season 1 of GW.
Ah okay. Thanks!

Angelica or C Armin to 6* first?
IMO it depends who who you're using to tank, and for what content. Angie would benefit from the 6* if you're using her to tank w11, but CArmin is more of a dedicated tank.

But on the other hand, if you can get Angie tanky enough, then she can fill the healer and tank roles in your party for a lot of PvE content, which frees up a party member slot for another DPS.

Last edited:

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably going to drop out of my current guild. Most of the members check in regularly but only about 6-7 actually play in GW so we get mopped by guilds way weaker than us. Mostly all of our highest levelled players don't even participate, and one of the strongest ones just left yesterday. We're barely scrapping above seasoned savior.

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
Finally got the soon to be axe god ! About to start his specialization quest.

While I do that I need to think about who to 6* next, I have about 15x 5* dogs sitting around...
My current 6* roster :
Blue: Sez, Luna, Angelica
Red: Ken, Sol
Green: Destina, Yuffine, Baiken
Dark: C.Lorina
Light: ML Aramintha

5* I own :
Alexa, Angelic Montmorancy, Aramintha, Asassin Cartuja, Axe God (soon), Baal & Sezan, Celestial Mercedes, Charlotte, Cidd, Crescent Moon Rin, Crimson Armin, Dizzy, Falconer Kluri, Haste, Lilibet, Kayron, Kiris, Ludwig, Luluca, Maya, Mascot Hazel, Surin, Tamarinne, Taranor Guard, Tenebria, Tywin, Wanderer Silk, Yuna

Notable 4* :
General Purrgis, Hurado, Kitty Clarissa, Requiemroar, Roozid, Shooting Star Achates

My game situation (free to play since the first week of the game's launch) :
Wyvern 11 on auto farm, Golem 11 on semi-auto (50%), Banshee at 10, Azimanak at 9, Normal raid cleared, Hell raid only manage the first boss, Abyss at floor 83, Automaton tower at 92 and PVP at Master 5.
Feels like I'm a bit stuck on the gear grinding phase, I don't really have exceptional stuff...

Any recommendations are welcome !

Last edited:

Razmos

Unshakeable One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
Got a 5* hero on my mystic summon today, but it was my 3rd Sigret :(

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I have been farming Banshee 11 for a month trying to get 2 counter sets and have nothing to show for it.

This is just killing me.

Pulled Choco Zerato from Mystics. It has been my only highlight in months.

My luck has gone to shit since season 2 started.

Status
Not open for further replies.