• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
The RNG in this game is so infuriating. With how often it decides to work against you, anything 99% and below might as well be 1%. Jesus.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
Did a final 10 pull for the banner, and ended up getting Lilibet along with her artifact. I guess that makes up for the 8 hours of RNG BS I went through for floor 100.

Sorel

Oct 27, 2017
Hello everyone ! Just started playing it a few days ago, I think I'm falling for this gacha but damn the grind is real.

Anyway, my current guild is completely inactive, the chief didn't even start the war. So I'm looking for a new one on the European server, I'm rank 24, anyone interested ?

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
When the the new arena season starts do we remain in the tier we're currently in, or do we have to climb from bronze again?

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
Our Guild EpicEra (US/Global server) has two open spots if anyone is interested in the new Guild War season and all that jazz!

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Nice! Yeah, Hell is on a whole different level. My team for Hell is Dizzy/Lidica/Luna/Angelica which can reliably clear but only one boss per token.
Hell raid is deliberately designed to cap you at one boss clear per run. They stuff in a lot more enemies on each path than normal raid.
I have been farming Banshee 11 for a month trying to get 2 counter sets and have nothing to show for it.

This is just killing me.

Pulled Choco Zerato from Mystics. It has been my only highlight in months.

My luck has gone to shit since season 2 started.
Raid and hell raid can drop some decent counter gear. I know at least a few of the pieces I'm using came from either. Still all RNG though so, well, good luck...

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Our Guild EpicEra (US/Global server) has two open spots if anyone is interested in the new Guild War season and all that jazz!

I'll bite the bullet and join, my guild is becoming too inactive. My in-game name is rarbusto but I'll have to wait 24 hours I think once I leave my guild. Want to send an invite?

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I am 3 weeks into the game, and finally made my second 6*, Lorina. I am still grinding her SC, more than halfway through. I am truly addicted to this game.

My main team is Tywin 5*, Angelica 5*, Ravi 6* and Lorina 6*.

I have M.rin and Ludwig but they are more pvp oriented so i'm not focusing on that, I will try to pull achates next rotation so I can use with ludwig someday, but I know how this works and will never pull her.

I should be working on angelica 6* now right?
I will also try to get taranor guard to 5*.

Truth is I can't even do w9 yet, but I hope I can manage it soon.

Oct 25, 2017
I am 3 weeks into the game, and finally made my second 6*, Lorina. I am still grinding her SC, more than halfway through. I am truly addicted to this game.

I have M.rin and Ludwig but they are more pvp oriented so i'm not focusing on that, I will try to pull achates next rotation so I can use with ludwig someday, but I know how this works and will never pull her.

Welcome to Hell! You'll have a ball!

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017

I'd say Angelica is a good 6* next, sure. You're going to want to do it at some point anyways, so might as well. She'll serve you well all the way to W11 and the rest of the end-game content.

Also, if W11 is the next goal you've set yourself, you'll want to start mapping out what units you're going to be using there. Tywin, Angelica and Taranor Guard are all viable. You still want a damage unit, and if it's not a water element, keep in mind the wyvern will get a CR push every time the off-element unit has a turn. It's doable, but a little trickier.

Be sure to give the Abyss and Labyrinth their fair share too - plenty of solid gear hiding in both.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I have alexa but from what I understand, which is not alot, if I go with:

Tywin Angelica TG and Alexa, I lack 2 debuffs needed for w11 or something right? :|

I'm also stuck at abyss 54 for now, it's probably a gear check and whatnot that I need to surprass.
Labyrinth I have almost all the unique gear except from the nyx labyrinth which I heard it's not great.
I also cannot clear a raid yet.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, these later Abyss floors drop a lot of gold stones.

The pulls were kind to me. Got Assassin Cidd, SS Achates, and Celeste. From the skills listed, I think Achates is the best of the three? I

I kinda like Celeste's design too. Skill wise she looks like a CR inhibitor?

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I have alexa but from what I understand, which is not alot, if I go with:

Tywin Angelica TG and Alexa, I lack 2 debuffs needed for w11 or something right? :|

I'm also stuck at abyss 54 for now, it's probably a gear check and whatnot that I need to surprass.
Labyrinth I have almost all the unique gear except from the nyx labyrinth which I heard it's not great.
I also cannot clear a raid yet.
The debuff check on Wyvern is just to prevent it from attacking multiple times. By the time you clear Wyvern 11, though, your tank should be strong enough to withstand multiple attacks, so keeping debuffs on Wyvern is no longer necessary.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Wow, these later Abyss floors drop a lot of gold stones.

The pulls were kind to me. Got Assassin Cidd, SS Achates, and Celeste. From the skills listed, I think Achates is the best of the three? I

I kinda like Celeste's design too. Skill wise she looks like a CR inhibitor?

Celeste is also one of the best, if not the best enabler for C Dom since she's so fast.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Celeste is also one of the best, if not the best enabler for C Dom since she's so fast.
Unfortunately I don't have CDom. Is Celeste still useful without her?

I also pulled Gloomyrain from a previous pull, whose kit looks interesting. Seems like her debuff manipulation skills could make her a good unit against Dizzy? And her S1 has R&L built into it.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately I don't have CDom. Is Celeste still useful without her?

I also pulled Gloomyrain from a previous pull, whose kit looks interesting. Seems like her debuff manipulation skills could make her a good unit against Dizzy? And her S1 has R&L built into it.

Celeste is one of the faster CR manipulators in the game so some people have used her as an opener but she's completely undone by immunity and high res.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Finally 6*'d my third character, Ravi. With a 6* Clarissa, I just need a wind dog walker to have a fodder farming trifecta. Fodder farming is basically 90% of the game for me at the moment, so it made sense to just improve my fodder farmers.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That press conference is happening right now. Currently another balance patch scheduled for July 25th, no ML nerfs ever, August 15th is ML pity summon with allegedly retroactive compensation.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Some of these dudes have been going in at the press conference. Tenha mvp for translating.
I'll bite the bullet and join, my guild is becoming too inactive. My in-game name is rarbusto but I'll have to wait 24 hours I think once I leave my guild. Want to send an invite?
Yes! Welcome to the guild!

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
managed to beat automaton 95 over the weekend only to immediately run into another wall at 96 (ML Ken that counters crits). I was actually able to put together a low-crit team - my Yufine was ungeared and seems ideal for this fight as she can def break and remove his attack buff. She has only 23% crit, and Ruele has 15%.

This apparently translates to them being unstoppable crit machines. I counted 5 consecutive critical hits from Ruele once.

The thing is, if he didn't scale massively off each one, it'd still be doable. But after 2 or 3 you're risking one-shots unless he's heavily debuffed. After 5 or 6 he's hitting people for 40k. Even with NO CRIT GEAR, your characters still have innate base critical chance, so what the fuck were they thinking? It's pure RNG at best, and requires free gear swapping to be active to even make serious attempts. Assuming you HAVE maxed-out gear with no crit% in the first place. All this for, what, 30k gold?

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
40 sounds like they want a player who's stuck with the game since launch to get exactly 1 pity ML roll at the launch of the feature. I should be a good bit ahead of it thanks to loose bookmarks from the raid and other sources.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
ML pity, August 15. 40 rolls for a guarantee 5* ML. Random, and retroactive.

Retroactive? If I already have a ML 5* it will count the pulls from the last time I had one I guess?
Rolled ML Ken maybe 10 pulls ago or so, I doubt I even have 40 pulls in the ML summons altogether despite playing since launch (still haven't beaten most of the abyss).
I mean sure, why not, the bigger issue is still gearing them properly and that high level PvP meta relies on a new ML 5* every month anyway. But if some unfortunate souls get lucky with the safety pull, no complaints.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
That seems like a lot of rolls for a pity. I guess they are looking at their odds and saying we'll guarantee one once you've had bad luck, but this almost in no way helps F2P. I've been playing for 6 months and have had only like 25 ML rolls and that's with all the new player freebies. I guess I should grind the raid some more, I kinda stopped doing that this month.

I'm down to about one pull a month so I guess I'll get a freebie around this time next year?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
October 17th is when we'll see new PVE content (World Bosses).

Holy crap...why is their pipeline so slow.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ZqEBdJ9.jpg

Seems like the beginning of season 1 alright.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Just for clarity the ML pity summon has been confirmed, but that's it. Everything else about the ML pity was their current idea. They said they wanted community feedback and also need to crunch numbers internally.

Last edited:

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Retroactive? If I already have a ML 5* it will count the pulls from the last time I had one I guess?
Rolled ML Ken maybe 10 pulls ago or so, I doubt I even have 40 pulls in the ML summons altogether despite playing since launch (still haven't beaten most of the abyss).
I mean sure, why not, the bigger issue is still gearing them properly and that high level PvP meta relies on a new ML 5* every month anyway. But if some unfortunate souls get lucky with the safety pull, no complaints.

I assume it'll be like the transmit stone counter and won't 'reset' but I guess I could be wrong. I have no idea of their exact wording after all.

Status
Not open for further replies.