• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Last night was seriously crazy. Rokuren popping off with the triple ML 5*. lt519 rage pulling with insane success. Grim coming up big at the end as well. Our guild seemed to do really well, so congrats to everyone in EpicEra. I was honestly more excited for my guild mates than my own haha. I personally love seeing people's success stories, and when they're my comrades I find myself actively rooting for them. Ended up going to bed at like 3am due to following all the craziness and just generally chatting in the guild chat.

I was very fortunate last night and managed to get Shadow Rose, a hero I've wanted since the beginning. Love her design and utility. Really pleased that her, and soon A Coli, the two heroes I wanted when I first started, are now mine.

I also managed to get
Specter Tenebria
Really really pleased (and grateful). Love her design too and is exactly the kind of hero I'm looking for in Guild Wars. Tested her at Lv.40 against some bulky teams and I was impressed with her damage so I think I'm going to invest in her skills. Right now I'm planning to pair her with Fluri for the double debuff, one of which is defence break, but not sure who the third should be. Probably a healer would be best.
Yeah, it was fun watching the feed yesterday, even though I didn't get any ml 5* units myself. Shoutouts to that one guy who pulled like five Alexa's Baskets in a row lol. Iseria is going to be eating well for a while.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
They absolutely needed to change the summoning system, it was choking out the F2P player base because all the new and interesting units were focused on ML. The refund will most certainly have the unintended consequence of having a few people rage quit, they maybe could have done a one time 40 ML pity instead of a refund. After not hitting an ML 5* after the refunds and then seeing guilds mates *cough* Rokuren *cough* pull 3 ML 5* it ticked me off a bit.

I am not as concerned about the Reddit post though. Whales were already leagues ahead of me and they always will be because I'm not willing to spend. They are even more capable of buying their way through the game now and that's really fine with me, I was never competing with them anyway.

What they are doing to help ease my frustrations:
  • More opportunities for ML summons via more Gold Stones and BM (new event has 2 Gold Stones..)
  • More opportunities at ML units via covenant summons (365 pulls a year just from freebies)
  • Mystic Pity will guarantee me a 5* if I'm having bad luck (I can choose to wait a year for my Medals to accumulate or I can buy from shop for 56 million over time, which I plan on doing a combo of both)
  • Re-balancing of rate-up heroes to compete in PvP
  • Limited units are still in the ML 5* class to me. If Seallona and Dizzy were 5* ML people wouldn't bat an eye (skill-wise) so as a F2P player I still get access to some OP heroes
There is going to be a lot of soreness from folks what whiffed on the refund, but overall the new system is better that what it was before for the majority of us. Is having a whale gacha and a F2P gacha the best solution? No, but it's honestly good enough for me to enjoy the game plenty.

Oct 25, 2017
everyone can take solace that they didnt pull worse than me on their refund. Its almost impossible to pull worse than I did so I figure you all did better

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Your time will come Shadow. Maybe not this year. Maybe not this game. Maybe not this genre. Maybe not this lifetime.

But it will come.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
everyone can take solace that they didnt pull worse than me on their refund. Its almost impossible to pull worse than I did so I figure you all did better

What did you get? I didn't get much currency, about 650 mystic and 35 galaxy, but it still stung. Only non-3*s were (regular) Purrgis, two ML Zeratos and a Tagehel. All dupes except the first Zerato. All the 3*s I got were dupes for chars I already have at SSS imprint.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking long-term. Do you think 5 months is too short a time to reasonably expect to be able to get a single character? Do you expect me to save up for twice that amount of time to get a guarantee? (Apparently that's what Smilegate thinks...)

I'm just going to quote this post from reddit:

This part in particular: "how long before i can get same number of summons? 6 months? a year? only to get this again"

Like... dude. That's soul-crushing. Thinking about saving up for another 5 months or more, just to get nothing, just to pity break on ONE banner, the ONE banner that you'll get to pity break on for that ENTIRE YEAR?

Cygames is way smarter about this. Throwing tons and tons of currency at you, giving you myriad opportunities to roll, such that even with their arse rates you rarely get the chance to stop and think "yeah, I got fucked and it'll take me six months to get back to where I used to be". Granted, the pity system required a serious fiasco to happen before it was implemented, but it's still better (requiring around 6 months of F2P saving, and giving you a selector for that banner) than the mystic shit that Smilegate is peddling (which requires around 10 months of F2P saving, while in a guild at the highest reward bracket, and only gives you whatever character happens to be the focus of that banner).

And that's not even going into collector games that sell skins and furniture and stuff instead, where getting every character is expected as a matter of course, as in Girls' Frontline.

I just have my expectations calibrated towards games that don't show contempt towards a majority of the player base. It's not my fault that I don't suck up everything that Smilegate throws at us.

For me long term is something above a year (ideally 2 years) and obviously I recommend it only if you really want a specific ML unit in the game badly, which seems to be your case ( though I'm not in your shoes , don't care that much), but you can cut your losses and move on , anything below a year with the actual rates for a ML and not being a whale is unrealistic if you need the mystic pity , but you can get lucky you never know.

I play GFL , but it's another type of game , while i enjoy a lot the route they took with it , it seems is a less profitable model , I doubt E7 would want to go this way

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Building ML Ravi for high HP and Effect Resist to go the tank route with counter attack. Just had every roll but the additional stat go into Effect Resist..

DG5OLMb.jpg

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
So, this morning I logged in to Epic Seven only to find that I was quietly kicked from the EpicReset guild without any warning. I know that I don't play this game as seriously as many others in the guild, but I've still logged into the guild pretty much every day since I joined near launch and have done my best to help with almost every guild war, so getting kicked out without warning kinda hurts.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
So, this morning I logged in to Epic Seven only to find that I was quietly kicked from the EpicReset guild without any warning. I know that I don't play this game as seriously as many others in the guild, but I've still logged into the guild pretty much every day since I joined near launch and have done my best to help with almost every guild war, so getting kicked out without warning kinda hurts.

Is Owzers still the guild leader? Owzers , I left for awhile , but is kinda strange kicking an active member

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
For me long term is something above a year (ideally 2 years) and obviously I recommend it only if you really want a specific ML unit in the game badly, which seems to be your case ( though I'm not in your shoes , don't care that much), but you can cut your losses and move on , anything below a year with the actual rates for a ML and not being a whale is unrealistic if you need the mystic pity , but you can get lucky you never know.

I play GFL , but it's another type of game , while i enjoy a lot the route they took with it , it seems is a less profitable model , I doubt E7 would want to go this way
I mean, I built a gear set for her. I saved molas for her. I farmed runes for her.

They derailed my plans so completely and so thoroughly that there really is no point in continuing. If my best-laid plans can be foiled this easily why even bother? And they show zero signs of fixing the core of the issue.

(Meanwhile even with Dragalia Lost having one of the most hilariously overpowered unit releases in its history I don't give a shit because I don't care about the unit and there's no forced PvP nonsense to make me care. Woo. Cygames stays winning.)

At least I can finally go catch up on my backlogs now.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
At least I can finally go catch up on my backlogs now.
That's one thing that really makes me regret starting this game. My gaming backlog is huge, and I said I was going to clear through it because I finally have the time. Then I started this. Stupid GG collab lol. Gacha games are such a time sink.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
All this talk about Dragalia Lost makes me wish they didn't restrict mobile games to regions like they do. Either it's still not released in europe or by some magic it was decided that my mobile phone type is not supported for reasons. Mobile games love to to this. I know there's ways for me to get it, but it's more work than it's worth to me.
On the other hand, I barely have time to play the PC games I want, this game is grind enough. :D

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017

Hi, it was a tough call, I don't like kicking people especially since you were on for so long. I didn't remember you were on era forums and you don't use guild chat. It didn't seem like you were trying in gw and when I had benched you to try to get some wins as we have a few people that get beaten easily on defense and I wanted to have fewer easy losses there. you did come on chat when benched and wanted back in and I placed you again but it looked like you autobattle on attack as fast as possible. Maybe this isn't the case and our matches were too hard and I need to consider that more. But you never commented in chat on gw things, didn't seem like you were ever asking about better ways to attack, watching out for harder targets, not fighting the toughest defenses regardless of your strength. I didn't think you would be happy not being placed in gw since last time you requested to be placed again so I did the booting instead of benching. Probably should have just benched until you were in chat again and asked about it there. If you want back in you are welcome but I don't know about gw. Seems like our matches are against teams that have almost no "weak" defenses and we give up a lot too easily and it's going to take more effort to get draws/wins. Mistakes were made?

Last edited:

TwinBahamut

Jun 8, 2018
Hi, it was a tough call, I don't like kicking people especially since you were on for so long. I didn't remember you were on era forums and you don't use guild chat. It didn't seem like you were trying in gw and when I had benched you to try to get some wins as we have a few people that get beaten easily on defense and I wanted to have fewer easy losses there. you did come on chat when benched and wanted back in and I placed you again but it looked like you autobattle on attack as fast as possible. Maybe this isn't the case and our matches were too hard and I need to consider that more. But you never commented in chat on gw things, didn't seem like you were ever asking about better ways to attack, watching out for harder targets, not fighting the toughest defenses regardless of your strength. I didn't think you would be happy not being placed in gw since last time you requested to be placed again so I did the booting instead of benching. Probably should have just benched until you were in chat again and asked about it there. If you want back in you are welcome but I don't know about gw. Seems like our matches are against teams that have almost no "weak" defenses and we give up a lot too easily and it's going to take more effort to get draws/wins. Mistakes were made?
Two things here...

First, I never complained about being benched in Guild War, and never asked to be put back in rotation. I don't even like Guild War, but I put in what effort I can to help the guild. I've done a fair bit to do better, but I'm honestly outmatched. I do try to win fights, but when we keep getting matched against insane whale teams with no weaknesses, there is little for me to do other than watch my strongest characters get annihilated before I can even act.

And I do read guild chat all the time, I just tend to lurk there, much like here. It was always fun.

Anyways, I never signed up to EpicReset to be part of a hardcore whale PvP guild. I just wanted a place to hang out, and I'm still sad that it isn't that kind of place now.

Maybe it was a mistake for me to ever get attached to some grindy gacha PvP game.

I might to figure out what I even want from this game. I don't know anymore.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Two things here...

First, I never complained about being benched in Guild War, and never asked to be put back in rotation. I don't even like Guild War, but I put in what effort I can to help the guild. I've done a fair bit to do better, but I'm honestly outmatched. I do try to win fights, but when we keep getting matched against insane whale teams with no weaknesses, there is little for me to do other than watch my strongest characters get annihilated before I can even act.

And I do read guild chat all the time, I just tend to lurk there, much like here. It was always fun.

Anyways, I never signed up to EpicReset to be part of a hardcore whale PvP guild. I just wanted a place to hang out, and I'm still sad that it isn't that kind of place now.

Maybe it was a mistake for me to ever get attached to some grindy gacha PvP game.

I think we have a spot on EpicEra; We tend to be more laid back on GW; I know they carried my sorry ass until a was competent enough to Defend/Attack.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
Two things here...

I took your request to be placed again after being benched for not wanting to be benched, I shouldn't have assumed that. We have several people in the guild who are lower powerish who don't gw and that's fine. If you want back in to have a guild while you play we still have your spot. I thought you were a random person who wasn't that interested in gw but still wanted to gw and I lost track of you being on era especially since your name is not the same.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Building ML Ravi for high HP and Effect Resist to go the tank route with counter attack. Just had every roll but the additional stat go into Effect Resist..

DG5OLMb.jpg
That sucks (actually, that's awesome if you're going for that lol). My Arena S2 gear did something similar to me.

I have another gear piece that's rolling so oddly that I'm wondering where the substats even went.

I think we have a spot on EpicEra; We tend to be more laid back on GW; I know they carried my sorry ass until a was competent enough to Defend/Attack.
I can vouch that I feel carried here.

Annoyinmous

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
EpicReset is far from being a hardcore whale PvP guild, but EpicReset shouldn't be an "afk no response" guild either.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, shit is tough in the other guilds. Meanwhile I'm going 0-3 and the guys are like "don't worry about it" lol. Though I do actively communicate, either here or in the guild chat, and I am trying to improve. The grind is just insane.

One day I'll have the most cancerous defence team you've ever seen.

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
I'm not part of EpicReset but I know a bunch of them thanks to our Era Discord.
They're all nice people and they definitely don't do eSports.

They try though improving, winning if they can, etc...

If this was a misunderstanding like it looks it is, I think you should accept Owzer's apology and just get back in.

He's an amazing guy and he loves Fire Ken.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I have so much more fun with the game whenever there's an unequip event on. It's nice to be able to move gear around and try things out without needing to pay for it. Every time an event is off, all of my units go into a sort of stagnant state where they just sit on their current builds until the next event. It's boring and I always half check out from building my units every time that happens.

I wish there were just no gear unequip costs at all. With other big drains like upgrade costs, forging costs, buying artifacts, and buying bookmarks, I think there are enough gold drains as it is. Unequip costs aren't even necessary.

For example, I'm having a lot of fun moving gear around and testing my first shot at a cleave team. It goes Celeste S2 > Rose S3 > CDom S3 > Seallona S3. It seems to hit hard enough to blow away all the NPC teams, but it's not so good against human teams. I think I'm not getting enough damage out of Seallona, but then cleaving isn't really her thing anyway. She's more for longer fights, though I don't think I have any units that would be a better fit.

Celeste + CDom is a fun combination, though. Being able to build CDom to be slow as balls because Celeste effectively acts as CDom's speed stat is interesting.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah the game is more interesting when there's free unequip events because it doesn't punish you for experimenting. I wouldn't mind unequip costs if the free days were more frequent. For instance I've played games where they were every weekend. It means that you can't change gear in the middle of a guild war (which is good) but you're still given some freedom to experiment. The cost being that you either have to stick with that build for 5 days or pay the gold cost. It's a nice balance. But I guess gold brings in irl money so I can't fault them. They gotta get paid somehow.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I'm hoping the eventual guild pve content will let some of those not participating in gw to have a more active role in the guild.

GW is really hit/miss for me. Sometimes I get demolished and other times I manage to sneak a few wins. Overall I'm not entirely sure I still find the activity of it to be actually enjoyable. I just do as part of my list of dailies.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, maybe I'm building a few units too slowly when they get outsped even after two CR pushes or so.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I'm hoping the eventual guild pve content will let some of those not participating in gw to have a more active role in the guild.

GW is really hit/miss for me. Sometimes I get demolished and other times I manage to sneak a few wins. Overall I'm not entirely sure I still find the activity of it to be actually enjoyable. I just do as part of my list of dailies.
Gw is still better than arena, though both are basically moonlight petting zoos of characters I don't have. Is trying to make old characters strong enough to beat these moonstars enough? It's annoying.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I like the English VAs personally. I'm learning Korean atm so I may change to that when I get more proficient just to add another daily source, but I personally wouldn't change the voices to another language just for the sake of it being in another language, so Japanese VAs don't really do anything for me. I'm glad they're taking it seriously though. If they can get a GG collab with no Japanese version the collab potential seems really high when there is one.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
100th login today

Finally able to auto w11, Tamarine was the key to make it work. My Angelic Monty was not healing my tank fast enough, and of course tammy buffs help. For some reason I was afraid to use her because of the cr bonus wyvern gets for non water taking turns but tammy pretty much makes it a non factor. The clear rate is around 99% I notice I lose if I get Laiza tier of bad rng with defensive break.

Now the only thing holding me back is gear and skill. Gear the fact it's farmable/craftable makes it easy to swallow, but the scarcity of mola is bothering me it could take 2 months before my dream team in arena gets going and by then the team may be outdated.

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Azur Lane collab is looking likely.

They're making AL-themed Arky characters for the promotional art. The datamine had a collab pack. The game needs a certain type of character for E7 in JP, and I can think of a game that has said characters...

Prepare your butts.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

They're making AL-themed Arky characters for the promotional art. The datamine had a collab pack. The game needs a certain type of character for E7 in JP, and I can think of a game that has said characters...

Prepare your butts.

Was fun having this thread.

Okay, maybe I'm building a few units too slowly when they get outsped even after two CR pushes or so.

Should always run speed boots, if you don't have level 85 ones use level 70 since +30 speed is still very good.

Only time you shouldn't be using speed boots is if you have a CR pusher like Aux Lots who can go from 0 to 100, that's when you go all in on dps since you don't have to worry about speed.

Are you still running Celeste/Cdom shell with Rose for attack buff and CR push?

The "classic" Cdom team was Celeste to CR pushback, C Dom to cr push and buff crit, Aux lots to CR push and buff attack and Windrider Sez to Sezbomb

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Was fun having this thread.

Should always run speed boots, if you don't have level 85 ones use level 70 since +30 speed is still very good.

Only time you shouldn't be using speed boots is if you have a CR pusher like Aux Lots who can go from 0 to 100, that's when you go all in on dps since you don't have to worry about speed.

Are you still running Celeste/Cdom shell with Rose for attack buff and CR push?

The "classic" Cdom team was Celeste to CR pushback, C Dom to cr push and buff crit, Aux lots to CR push and buff attack and Windrider Sez to Sezbomb
Yeah, the original idea was to use celeste + cdom + rose to enable a fourth slow unit to kill everything, but I'm running into a bunch of issues with that.

- Rose isn't fast enough to be a good CR pusher, which sucks because I like her design and wanted to use her somewhere.
- I don't have a good AoE unit to use as the nuke at the end of all these support units. I could put a slow single target dps, but that leaves more units to deal with after the first turn.

The other problem is that this barely uses any of the existing units I've built, so that sucks too. I do have Aux Lots, but I'd have to build him from scratch too.

I think I'll boost the speed of a bunch of my units like you said so that they aren't totally reliant on CR pushes to move. That way I can swap comps around a little if I lose units in GW.

Draggyrider

Oct 30, 2017
Maybe I'm not playing the game right, but even as an F2P, I find I have way more units than I can gear. I suppose I could dump a whole bunch of leifs at Wyvern, but I'm not really keen on spending all day on E7.

Haven't used my refunds yet, but Iseria is looking mighty tempting. I also don't have any bruiser chars, so ML Ravi won't be bad either.

E7's worst problems (to me at least) is a) the stupid long grind past mid game to basically get anything done. b) PVP.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Prepare your butts.

That would be lame. Too soon for another collab. Save it for next year.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Maybe I'm not playing the game right, but even as an F2P, I find I have way more units than I can gear. I suppose I could dump a whole bunch of leifs at Wyvern, but I'm not really keen on spending all day on E7.

That's one of the reasons I stopped spending money on E7, was kinda pointless pulling all these characters and not being able to build them....

I mean this is my current 6 star waiting list.... in order.

Seaside Bellona, ML Ara, Aux Lots, Fire Corvus, Angelic Montmorancy, Yufine, Watcher Schuri, Ludwig, Sigret, ML Chloe, Kise, General Purrgis, Basar, Celeste, Yuna, Rin, Butcher Corps & Axe God.

That's 18 characters and I could easily throw Karin and Cidd onto that list, also have SC Rikoris.... I have Haste and Chloe just sitting at level 5, I want to check out Romann after his buffs... Helga will probably get a SC soon.... would love to raise a Gloomyrain up etc...

I'll never catch up.

Feb 9, 2019
Gacha Hell
Man, I swear Ruele drained all my ML luck for good. Got my Automaton Tower bookmarks, YOLO'd, purple confetti all over, "oooooh man it's not gonna be a 5* but please be CDom or AColi or just not another freaking dupe!" aaaaaand Fighter Maya. My own fault for going anything but a dupe I'm still pissed.

About that possible collab yeah I'd say it's too soon. Plus I don't really like most of Azur Lane's designs. Release more ch2 stuff first.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks to the free equip event, I finally got 100% crit chance on my Sol and Karin, and 91% on Vildred. Now I need a lot destruction gear, but I hate crafting banshee items.

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
That's one of the reasons I stopped spending money on E7, was kinda pointless pulling all these characters and not being able to build them....

I mean this is my current 6 star waiting list.... in order.

Seaside Bellona, ML Ara, Aux Lots, Fire Corvus, Angelic Montmorancy, Yufine, Watcher Schuri, Ludwig, Sigret, ML Chloe, Kise, General Purrgis, Basar, Celeste, Yuna, Rin, Butcher Corps & Axe God.

That's 18 characters and I could easily throw Karin and Cidd onto that list, also have SC Rikoris.... I have Haste and Chloe just sitting at level 5, I want to check out Romann after his buffs... Helga will probably get a SC soon.... would love to raise a Gloomyrain up etc...

I'll never catch up.

I'm currently going through this internal frustration as well. I have about 6-7 new characters, a slew of old ones, no gear, no mola. Running Hunts drop nothing solid for days/weeks on end, crafting barely gives one piece of a set, and whoops no gold. It's sad for me, since this is one of my favorite aspects of the game - building new units, but it's also the one that gets heavily throttled from multiple angles.

Man, I swear Ruele drained all my ML luck for good. Got my Automaton Tower bookmarks, YOLO'd, purple confetti all over, "oooooh man it's not gonna be a 5* but please be CDom or AColi or just not another freaking dupe!" aaaaaand Fighter Maya. My own fault for going anything but a dupe I'm still pissed.

About that possible collab yeah I'd say it's too soon. Plus I don't really like most of Azur Lane's designs. Release more ch2 stuff first.

F.Maya's pretty solid, though. Grats!

Fellow

Oct 27, 2017
She is? Did the internet lie to me again? From what I read she's good at baiting ST dark characters in pvp since they go for her no matter what and can deal decent percentage based damage to dark bosses if built full defense. Dunno if it justifies investing in her when I already have CArmin.

Her S2 passive has an 80% chance (100% max) to dispel one debuff AND be granted a 2-turn defense when attacked. That means any single-debuff attack against her from peeps such as, oh, Dark Corvus (provoke), A.coli (stun), or even ML Baal (sleep), gets purged instantly whereas C.Armin (barring high eff.res or immunity set) would lose the first round right there and then.

Her S3 also packs a wallop. If you use it on someone at 30% or less health her dmg output increases 300%! Great for finishing off squishy units.

In some ways she shares a similar role to C.Armin and that's to be a tanky bait against dark units, but she's also very much her own thing. Would I immediately rush her to 6*? Nah, but I do think she's very underrated.

Status
Not open for further replies.