• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
So I was wondering if this idea with that Cdom + Celeste + Aux Lots combo makes sense.

If A.Lots can give a unit a second turn from zero CR, then could he use it on Kise so that she can use her S2 on turn 1? With the right speed tuning, would celeste > cdom > Kise S3 > ALots S2 > Kise S2 work as a cleave setup?

I was thinking that crit + attack buffs on Kise S2 would be a great combination because that move has defense penetration built in, which eliminates the need to defense break.

Furthermore, the setup gives me one cdom S1 and one Kise S3, which should be enough to pick off a unit. If I gave Kise Wind Rider, I should be able to kill a unit to make it boost that S2 cleave, right?

Double post, but I'm going to try something out:

I want to see how many mystic summons I can accumulate in a month. The goal is to not spend gold to save it for secret shop purchases. I'll merge phantasmas and dupe 3* but thats about it. If I happen to get a really game changing piece of gear I'll improve it and track it, but I'm mostly curious to see how viable the new summon system is if you play smart. So for record keeping I'm starting with:

Leifs: 54
Gold: 805k
Skystones: 25k
Bookmarks: 42
Mystic: 650
5* Phantasma: 7

Should be easy since I'm starting with a good pile of skystones but for the most part I'll just be running hunts/altars with my normal stamina.

I'm sure they'll throw something our way that makes me cave but I've been considering how much I've been wasting on upgrading mediocre gear and crafting with no results that I'd rather have the next ML unit.
Now's probably a good time to do that. We're coming off the summer event, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a while before the next big event with limited units.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Probably a good time to do that. We're coming off the summer event, so I wouldn't be surprised if there was a while before the next big event with limited units.

Basically what I'm thinking. The only thing I think we can expect is a new rate up unit in the next month which I'll use my regular BM for. Otherwise I'm not in a rush to gear up anyone else. I'm autoing all the 11 hunts, 3 of them with fodder, I've done all the SC besides Lorina, Abyss and Hell Raid are cleared. Just finished notionally gearing ML Ravi. So I'm primed for cruise control already minus the Lilibet and Lidica buffs that may make me want to re-gear them and S3 arena gear.

The goal is to still play the game but just be ultra conservative with gold and see if I can turn that into a pity 5* ML.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_2019-08-12-00-41-02-954_com.stove.epic7.google-picsay.png

Is there any arena team composition I can make here?
Currently at master 3 - Europe server - with Ravi Angelica C.Lorina and Tywin.

Can't push much further than this, not sure if it's gear wise or lacking/not using some key units.
I'd say Ravi SeaBell Destina + something

Took ML Ravi for a spin, put her on an a team of Seallona, Montmo, Angie and just face tanked whatever anyone had and slowly healed back up and chipped away. I think with Mola investment and a little more health she'll be a good addition to the team. Only team I lost to had an A Vildred and surprisingly Ravi revived someone and I almost came back and won.

Final stats for now:
1.8k atk, 1k def, 18k hp, 110 spd, 57 crit chance, 247 crit d and 50 eff res.
that's very similar to mine! She's a solid unit meant for that kind of grindy matchup.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about to become part of the 121 club. I'm currently 6 summons away from my pity break on the Summer Bellona banner. At least I got two of the Reingar's Special Drink Artifacts out of it as well.

Edit: 121 Club it is! Oh well, at least I have her. Now to save up for the next limited.

Last edited:

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Are there shenanigans worth trying with Alex's basket? I read about some possible Kayron shenanigans, but other than that, bleh.

Got 3 copies, I may sell 2 and wait for a possible buff to the arti

Last edited:

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Alexa's Basket just makes no sense and needs a rework. Yeah maybe Kayron could extend the buffs...but he's so fucked up with Dust Devil it's a hard sell.

Spez can do stuff though. We had someone in discord baffled that their defense team lost to Spez/Rikoris/G.Purrgis/something I forget. It was a well put-together team with dispel and stun synergy. But memes make people assume characters are helpless in all situations. Could be a great idea for a GW defense team if you can bait someone into underestimating it.

Reminds me of back in January with Dark Corvus, you can just look back in this thread to see people moaning about pulling him. Now that we're playing World of Tanks he's probably the best arena offense character, on top of dominating in the devs' new concept for 'challenging' PVE.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Laiza always so angry and spiteful. I never liked Luluca however. Lilibet and ML Ravi are both highly usable at the moment and fit their niche just fine. People just want every unit to be a nerfed until they actually pull the "balanced" unit, then they need major buffs. ML Ravi is a PVP hero and requires a bunch of investment. She is super hard to kill and offers value on s3. /shrug

As of right now SeaBell is running rampant and actively punishes you for playing the game. There's not much counterplay, but nobody is noticing because of all this ML fiasco and she's very good in PVE. It'd be great to have more unbalanced units like her. /s

Peli what's your Seabellona look like, stats/gear/set wise

Found an interesting counterplay to Violet, if you provoke him and he gains stacks, he uses s3 instead of s2 when he's able to act

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Joined the 121 club.... hopefully for the first and only time.... got her artifact and my second copy of uberus tooth at 113 and 117 respectively.

All f2p skystones/bookmarks since the end of the Lilibet banner when I was empty on resources (not a generous game at all!)

Still have 600 skystones left so I'll probably grab the Karin swimsuit, I want to use her in my sub 1 minute Banshee team I'll get around to this week anyway.

Now time to save up for Straze?

People just want every unit to be a nerfed until they actually pull the "balanced" unit, then they need major buffs.

Yep, this is 100% true.

Spez can do stuff though. We had someone in discord baffled that their defense team lost to Spez/Rikoris/G.Purrgis/something I forget. It was a well put together team with dispel and stun synergy. But memes make people assume characters are helpless in all situations. Could be a great idea for a GW defense team if you can bait someone into underestimating it.

It's very hard to change the current general opinion of a character... like in general opinion a few months ago Sez had "fallen off" while people where using him with aux lots months before his nerf.

Last edited:

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm about to become part of the 121 club. I'm currently 6 summons away from my pity break on the Summer Bellona banner. At least I got two of the Reingar's Special Drink Artifacts out of it as well.

Edit: 121 Club it is! Oh well, at least I have her. Now to save up for the next limited.

Joined the 121 club.... hopefully for the first and only time.... got her artifact and my second copy of uberus tooth at 113 and 117 respectively.

All f2p skystones/bookmarks since the end of the Lilibet banner when I was empty on resources (not a generous game at all!)
Grats on SS Bellona! She's a beast. Everyone praise her S3, but her S2 is better. Counters all day.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
What build you running for SS Bel and what's your A11team?

From previous posts:

Here's my slow but steady Az 11 auto team. Happy I can finally farm Rage and Immunity gear. Around 4 minutes per run, yuck, but it's 100% so far. I like it because it's a largely F2P team assuming you saved up for Seallona. I think it'll be faster once I mola her S3.

Sol/Angelica/Montmo/Seallona. Seallona has S1 and S2 maxed but nothing in S3 yet and Sol has only +3 in his S3. Sol just has the Arena S2 gear.

I lack a regular Bellona and my Dizzy doesn't hit hard enough. So I wanted to make Seallona fit. I could probably beef up Axe God and have a similar result but her S2 procs so much more than his S2 cools down.

The video is actually one of the poorer runs, the timing got out of whack with one add dying but not the other. The final roll on the weapon gave her like 6% more crit damage as well and boosted her attack to like 3180.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Grats to everyone that got SS Bellona - worth it even if it took all 121 pulls.

PS. When are they gonna announce the Powder of Knowledge shop artifacts ?
I really need Rod - even though i doubt its coming back so soon :-/

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Alexa's Basket just makes no sense and needs a rework. Yeah maybe Kayron could extend the buffs...but he's so fucked up with Dust Devil it's a hard sell.

Spez can do stuff though. We had someone in discord baffled that their defense team lost to Spez/Rikoris/G.Purrgis/something I forget. It was a well put-together team with dispel and stun synergy. But memes make people assume characters are helpless in all situations. Could be a great idea for a GW defense team if you can bait someone into underestimating it.

Reminds me of back in January with Dark Corvus, you can just look back in this thread to see people moaning about pulling him. Now that we're playing World of Tanks he's probably the best arena offense character, on top of dominating in the devs' new concept for 'challenging' PVE.
The main problem I have with Spez is he's pretty dependent on another unit, and those units are not easily accessible. All the best options are ML heroes. While he has stun in his kit you're not going to be building him with effectiveness. If he just had a bit more independence, even if it was from a soul burn, I think the view on him would improve.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Peli what's your Seabellona look like, stats/gear/set wise

Found an interesting counterplay to Violet, if you provoke him and he gains stacks, he uses s3 instead of s2 when he's able to act
I actually noticed that interaction the other day. So weird since AI normally s2s -> s3s. May have something to do with being at full energy stacks on violet, so the AI prioritizes getting the reset than s2.

Also:

sT04scx.jpg

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Seallona is helping me up the arena and helped me through a bunch of PvE stuff I was stalled on, so she's been great for me. I don't think I've even put many molas into her yet. She got me to Abyss 85 and I think I can get further with a bit of effort.

Dizzy + Seallona + healer seems to mean that you slug it out with the enemy team and usually win unless they manage to debuff you and land a few good hits before you do the same.

Dee Dee

Nov 2, 2017
EpicEra crew!
Since Fire Emblem is consuming me, I need someone to take over as guild master, I thought preferrably someone who's active here as well.
Quote me, so I can promote you (I mean the leader can still change again, it's just that I'm completely absent atm).

Otherwise, are you already discussing a guild fusion?

gasmo

Avenger
Nov 5, 2017
Well that wasn't expected but i got SS Bellona on 50th summon ! Do you go Speed/Crit or Atk/Crit with her ? Maybe a Hit Set for the Defense Break ?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Well that wasn't expected but i got SS Bellona on 50th summon ! Do you go Speed/Crit or Atk/Crit with her ? Maybe a Hit Set for the Defense Break ?
(usual noob disclaimer)

I like to think of her as sort of an offensive Dizzy. Her main role is to debuff enemies and act as sub dps. So build some effectiveness to land those debuffs, some defensive stats because she wants to be able to take hits to proc S2, and then enough speed/damage stats to your liking.

Mine's around 140 speed, but I think mine's a bit too slow for PvP because landing her S3 early prevents enemy teams from patching themselves up/buffing themselves after that first exchange of hits.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Congrats Laiza,
im happy for you - i know this was your most wanted unit !!!

PS. Regardless of her power level right now, she is a top tier waifu and among the best looking units in the game - everything else is a nice extra xD
Grats on finally getting a ML5*!!

Also Luluca is pretty damn good now. As long gas they dont buff ML Ravi to being broken but make her pretty good that would be done
Thanks, I guess.

It's just very hard for me to feel any joy about this seeing as how it was a pity and there are still players left and right rolling ML 5-stars at random, even from covenant, where I still have none. And at this point I don't really expect to get one... ever. She hardly even counts as a ML 5-star in my mind.
Laiza I thought you quit? Was actually thinking about that earlier today and wanted to make a post asking if you actually had, but I figured if you had the last thing you would want is someone tagging you in a post in this thread. Anyways congrats on getting an ML 5*, and one you really wanted.
Like I said, blame Sabin. He pointed out how I could hit the pity by just refreshing the secret shop and I, in all my stubbornness, decided to go for it.

Not like I had much to lose, anyway.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I guess.

It's just very hard for me to feel any joy about this seeing as how it was a pity and there are still players left and right rolling ML 5-stars at random, even from covenant, where I still have none. And at this point I don't really expect to get one... ever. She hardly even counts as a ML 5-star in my mind.
Like I said, blame Sabin. He pointed out how I could hit the pity by just refreshing the secret shop and I, in all my stubbornness, decided to go for it.

Not like I had much to lose, anyway.

Why did you keep trying for her if it just disappointed you to get her? Could have saved that pity for a future 5* you wanted.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I'd like to think someone at Smilegate is going to see the data on what Laiza did and immediately nerf the secret shop, lol.

I poked away at shop refreshing for mystics because I want Iseria, I'm sitting at around 105 or so until guaranteed. But yeah once Iseria is gone I'll just sit on it and try to hoard enough to guarantee someone I really want. Dark Corvus rerun if they don't put out someone new.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm hoarding all Mystics for ML Luna. I dont care if she's bad. I just hope she is light because I'm drowning in Dark units.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Grats on SS Bellona! She's a beast. Everyone praise her S3, but her S2 is better. Counters all day.
Thanks!

Unfortunately I'm still new so I'm lacking the resources (and teams) needed to max her out, but I'm definitely going to work on it as soon as possible. Already she's great, I can't imagine how she'll be once I finish leveling her skills and such. It was a grind to get enough to make the pity summon (I also maybe purchased a few of the newbie packs as well as the rank up one), but I feel it was worth it. I'm tempted to try to get enough skystones to grab Karin's summer skin in the event before it ends, but those would probably be better spent towards the next limited. I'm generally F2P in these games, aside from a really cheap bundle with value if it presents itself, so I need to be careful not to overspend.

I'm enjoying the game more than I did in the beginning (at launch), but I probably won't take everything super seriously (like with arena). I'm just going to go at my own pace and have fun.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Why did you keep trying for her if it just disappointed you to get her? Could have saved that pity for a future 5* you wanted.
Because I wanted her. And because it's inevitable that she'll get buffed anyway. Same attitude I had towards rolling for Luluca and Lilibet, except I actually care more about ML Ravi than either of those two.

Also as a big middle finger to Smilegate for implementing it this way thinking that no near-F2P player would ever go for it. Fuck 'em I say.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you sure showed them, sticking with their game after you were going to quit. I hope they've learned their lesson now.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah you sure showed them, sticking with their game after you were going to quit. I hope they've learned their lesson now.
They got no money from me out of it. And I'm still badmouthing the game everywhere I go. And there were still other players besides me that actually just quit because of the way the refund was handled. Their loss.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Got ML Ravi today I have no interest in her mostly because I dont have the resources/gear, Iseria is the only reason im grinding for gold and refreshing secret shop

I will push on but I highly doubt I will have luck to get both five stars in this rotation.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
EpicEra crew!
Since Fire Emblem is consuming me, I need someone to take over as guild master, I thought preferrably someone who's active here as well.
Quote me, so I can promote you (I mean the leader can still change again, it's just that I'm completely absent atm).

Otherwise, are you already discussing a guild fusion?

I could hold it while you're absent I suppose, but I don't think it's something we're too irked about.

If you wanna do it go ahead though. Other than that try logging to do your attacks and dailies so you accumulate resources though, escape hell for 5 minutes :P

We haven't discussed anything about a fusion at all.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
How should the refund have been handled then?
There are two things they could have done. Implement a pity for galaxy BMs so day-1 players would all have gotten a ML 5-star (which would have eliminated most of the hand-wringing around the refund), or just give a random ML 5-star ticket the way they gave out two non-ML 5-star tickets. The latter could have been implemented as a replacement for the 5 GBMs you get from completing 10-10 story as a way to hook new players.

Really, a lot of it is just players feeling shat on for not having one. Like, not even *one.* It's a pretty shit feeling to play for 10 months and still be shit out of luck.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
There are two things they could have done. Implement a pity for galaxy BMs so day-1 players would all have gotten a ML 5-star (which would have eliminated most of the hand-wringing around the refund), or just give a random ML 5-star ticket the way they gave out two non-ML 5-star tickets. The latter could have been implemented as a replacement for the 5 GBMs you get from completing 10-10 story as a way to hook new players.

Really, a lot of it is just players feeling shat on for not having one. Like, not even *one.* It's a pretty shit feeling to play for 10 months and still be shit out of luck.

A ML ticket would be nice until the people who got Spez started crying.

I got Celestial Mercedes and BBK which I wouldn't have if they just gave a ticket. I was fine with the refund and it also gave a nice boost to saving Mystics.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been meaning to ask, does the ML pity reset once the banner changes? Do they really expect people to save up 10,050 mystic bookmarks for the 201 pity rate for a single banner?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I've been meaning to ask, does the ML pity reset once the banner changes? Do they really expect people to save up 10,050 mystic bookmarks for the 201 pity rate for a single banner?
It does not reset. It rolls from Mystic banner to Mystic banner. Covenant banners (normal summons) do reset between banners, but Mystic pity carries over.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It does not reset. It rolls from Mystic banner to Mystic banner. Covenant banners (normal summons) do reset between banners, but Mystic pity carries over.
Thanks, that's what I was hoping for. I knew the standard/limited banners do, which made me fearful the same applied to the mystic. I'm glad to hear that isn't the case.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If I only have a bit of materials to level Summer Bellona's skills, which would you guys recommend on doing first? They all seem useful. This is mostly for PVE, as I rarely touch PVP (outside of what I need for the daiilies and to rank up a bit).

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
If I only have a bit of materials to level Summer Bellona's skills, which would you guys recommend on doing first? They all seem useful. This is mostly for PVE, as I rarely touch PVP (outside of what I need for the daiilies and to rank up a bit).
S3 to +4 then S2 to max, then it's up to you.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Okay, I'm beginning to see why so many people love Summer Bellona. All of those counters!

I had just enough materials to bring her S3 to +4 for the 100% debuff chance. Nothing left to level S2, but I'll start working on it as soon as I can.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.