• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
MiniFrapp called my stronghold defense "pretty easy".

Who wants this shit account?

original.gif

You caring about PVP. Lol.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
They got no money from me out of it. And I'm still badmouthing the game everywhere I go. And there were still other players besides me that actually just quit because of the way the refund was handled. Their loss

Yep all those players quit, just like you have 3 or 4 times. Didn't you give your account away 3 months ago?

It was funny on reddit someone posted Samsung stats and there was more people playing the game the day after the "mass exodus" caused by the refund.

Sensortower revenue was up the day after

But yeah we have to believe salty posts about people quitting.

Gatcha games must be pretty shit in general if people keep coming back to a game they hate.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Here's my ML Ravi today in GvG. She didn't do anything really, but it was fun. She soaked some damage. lt519

Nice haha! I was too chicken shit to bring her into GW but I've been using her exclusively in Arena so I can figure out how she works best. I've tanked out some really strong teams but I have to pair her with Seallona otherwise the damage just isn't there.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
The video is actually one of the poorer runs, the timing got out of whack with one add dying but not the other. The final roll on the weapon gave her like 6% more crit damage as well and boosted her attack to like 3180.

Cheers for the vid, I actually didn't think of using Sol so I looked at one of my arena teams and replaced Baiken with Sol... and it worked.

Sol with +12 daydream
Iseria with +9 infinity basket
Tamarine with + 17 potion vial
Dizzy with + 30 iela

9 out of ten so far

Still want to get ss bel into it though

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if character skins (such as Karin's swimsuit) affect the skill animations (so they show her wearing her different outfit), or if it's just her usual costume presented instead? I'm guessing it's the latter, since I can't see them redoing the animation special, but I felt I needed to ask regardless.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone know if character skins (such as Karin's swimsuit) affect the skill animations (so they show her wearing her different outfit), or if it's just her usual costume presented instead? I'm guessing it's the latter, since I can't see them redoing the animation special, but I felt I needed to ask regardless.
The cut-ins are re-done.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
SS Bellona just decimated a Krau/Kayron/Corvus/Ruele team basically by herself. She's so insanely overpowered that she can solo a team with someone as OP as Ruele on it. Amazing.

Mercifully, she's not that great on defense (you can just bring a bunch of single-target DPS instead to avoid proccing her S2), so unlike Dizzy she isn't the sort of cancer I have to deal on a daily basis. Thanking my lucky stars. AND she's a perfect counter to Dizzy. Double-fun.

They're gonna have their work cut out for them if they want arena defense to remain relevant in any way.
Yep all those players quit, just like you have 3 or 4 times. Didn't you give your account away 3 months ago?

It was funny on reddit someone posted Samsung stats and there was more people playing the game the day after the "mass exodus" caused by the refund.

Sensortower revenue was up the day after

But yeah we have to believe salty posts about people quitting.

Gatcha games must be pretty shit in general if people keep coming back to a game they hate.
This isn't the sort of thing you'd see an impact from on day 1, especially with all the people rage-pulling until pity on the new mystic pity. I'd be more interested in seeing the stats for the following mystic banner. No shortage of people telling me how they're never gonna spend on this game again after seeing how shit the rates really are.

Also I didn't quit "3 or 4 times"; I quit once, and only Sabin convinced me to come back (I would have been happy to stay away from the game otherwise). You're obviously confusing me for someone else.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
If I'm really only interested in PVE, which of these 5* should I evolve first? Tamarinne, Sez, Charlotte, or Summer Bellona?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
If I'm really only interested in PVE, which of these 5* should I evolve first? Tamarinne, Sez, Charlotte, or Summer Bellona?
SS Bellona - she is useful in pretty much all content. Usually you would wanna go for your main/best farmer as a 6*, in this case Sez, but Bellona is so good that you can make an exception here.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.

Do you have a good amount of 6*s already?

If not I'd say Sez . Good farmer, so you can make leveling up much units much faster for yourself.

If you do I'd say SS Bell since she's so powerful everywhere.

If you choose one of the above I'd say Tammy definitely has be second though.

Alkez Don't think anyone knew there was a maint don't worry about it. Get yours in though as we've won. Mystics!

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
SS Bellona - she is useful in pretty much all content. Usually you would wanna go for your main/best farmer as a 6*, in this case Sez, but Bellona is so good that you can make an exception here.
Honestly, I was kind of siding towards SS Bellona so this makes me very happy indeed. Appreciate the help!

Do you have a good amount of 6*s already?

If not I'd say Sez . Good farmer, so you can make leveling up much units much faster for yourself.

If you do I'd say SS Bell since she's so powerful everywhere.

If you choose one of the above I'd say Tammy definitely has be second though.
I don't have any other 6* at the moment, as I'm new, haha. I should get a second one soon though, as apparently the beginner missions give you enough materials to make that happen, so it shouldn't be long before I add to the list. As much as I'd love to go with Sez, my heart is telling me to choose SS Bellona instead. I'll definitely make Tamarinne my second priority, and then Sez soon afterwards!

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Honestly, I was kind of siding towards SS Bellona so this makes me very happy indeed. Appreciate the help!

I don't have any other 6* at the moment, as I'm new, haha. I should get a second one soon though, as apparently the beginner missions give you enough materials to make that happen, so it shouldn't be long before I add to the list. As much as I'd love to go with Sez, my heart is telling me to choose SS Bellona instead. I'll definitely make Tamarinne my second priority, and then Sez soon afterwards!
Tamarinne is amazing - one of the best units in the game but you really won't need to 6* her anytime soon, because her kit makes her very useful from the start.

After SS Bellona and/or farmer you wanna look into 6*ing a single target DPS units like Lorina, she is gonna be very helpful in clearing those Abyss stages and challenging Raid Bosses.

So make sure to at least unlock her since she is an important unit for most players unless you are lucky enough to pull an even better DPS from your free ML pulls.

I would 6* these DPS units first before thinking about 6* a healer...those damage dealers are gonna help your progress much more early on.

PS. Unlocking and getting SC Lorina takes alot of time though - so best case scenario would be to get lucky with your ML pulls and hope for C.Dom xD

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
EpicEra guys I'm so sorry, I didn't realise there was maintainance today and I left all of my guild war attacks to the last minute as usual. I got through one but drew due to being in a rush. Was going to win the second when I got kicked which makes it a loss. I should have quit after I won the first round of that match to get a second draw but I was so close to winning.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Tamarinne is amazing - one of the best units in the game but you really won't need to 6* her anytime soon, because her kit makes her very useful from the start.

After SS Bellona and/or farmer you wanna look into 6*ing a single target DPS units like Lorina, she is gonna be very helpful in clearing those Abyss stages and challenging Raid Bosses.

So make sure to at least unlock her since she is an important unit for most players unless you are lucky enough to pull an even better DPS from your free ML pulls.

I would 6* these DPS units first before thinking about 6* a healer...those damage dealers are gonna help your progress much more early on.

PS. Unlocking and getting SC Lorina takes alot of time though - so best case scenario would be to get lucky with your ML pulls and hope for C.Dom xD
Thanks for the advice, I'll do as you say. Hopefully the ML pulls work in my favor. >_<

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
EpicEra guys I'm so sorry, I didn't realise there was maintainance today and I left all of my guild war attacks to the last minute as usual. I got through one but drew due to being in a rush. Was going to win the second when I got kicked which makes it a loss. I should have quit after I won the first round of that match to get a second draw but I was so close to winning.

It was only announced half an hour before it was due to start. We won anyways, sorry you couldn't get your full reward.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
MiniFrapp called my stronghold defense "pretty easy".

Who wants this shit account?

original.gif
Who is MiniFrapp?
Alkez Don't think anyone knew there was a maint don't worry about it. Get yours in though as we've won. Mystics!
It was only announced half an hour before it was due to start. We won anyways, sorry you couldn't get your full reward.
Ah I didn't see your post before I posted. I'm not too worried about the rewards, I just saw it was close and was worried I cost us by not doing our attacks. Glad we got the W regardless.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, my SS Bell is insane on defense. She just net me a 50+% winrate into Champ I when Charles was getting me 28-30%. She's a monster, but I'm curious as to when people will start complaining about facing her.

That first team cracks me up. Full stall until Tama transforms and D.Corvus gets his S3 going. I guess that's one way to bring Tama without Iseria.
Lol yeah. That's the only way I can deal with Super Baikens and even then, I got lucky she didn't crit Corvus on her s2 or he was probably dead. I'm a fan of the turtle comp. Wasn't expecting that much damage, was thinking it'd be a speedy Baiken.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I love D.Corvus but I just couldn't see myself using him for arena all the time, just too time consuming.

Going to turn my ML Ara into Judge Kise and keep that ML selector ball rolling since I'm sure she'll be nerfed in 3 months time since she's the best cleave going around.

This isn't the sort of thing you'd see an impact from on day 1, especially with all the people rage-pulling until pity on the new mystic pity. I'd be more interested in seeing the stats for the following mystic banner. No shortage of people telling me how they're never gonna spend on this game again after seeing how shit the rates really are.

Not spending money on the game again is entirely different from quitting, I haven't spent a cent since Dizzy's banner since I think their packs are horrible value (only rank up packs were good) and I can get enough pulls just playing this game as F2P. (1 free pull a day is like getting 36.5 ten summon vouchers over the course of a year, plus game shits out skystones and as you've found out secret shop refreshing is a thing and even better now)

Most people who say they're quitting are just venting, it's like guys at my work who have "quit" ten times over the last two years but still keep showing up, "half" of the NA FGO userbase quit after Tamano didn't show up etc....

Also I didn't quit "3 or 4 times"; I quit once, and only Sabin convinced me to come back (I would have been happy to stay away from the game otherwise). You're obviously confusing me for someone else.

You've threatened to quit about 3-4 times in this thread (well maybe 2-3... and it seems like you actually went through with it for once, for a day or two) as well as saying you'll give your account away. (usually after getting out sped in pvp) I haven't confused you for someone else but I'm not going to go through your posts and quote you so whatever, I won't bring it up again.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Yeah, my SS Bell is insane on defense. She just net me a 50+% winrate into Champ I when Charles was getting me 28-30%. She's a monster, but I'm curious as to when people will start complaining about facing her.

I think people are beginning to. At the same time people are wising up to just bringing single targets to melt her.

However, that IS just one aspect since units obviously don't work on their own. If she's with a Ruele, she will be revived. If you target the Ruele first you'll end up eating one or two, even three of her S2s.

I haven't ran into one that has caused me issues yet in Challenger ranks 3-5 though.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I don't stress too much about SS Bell. I treat her like Dizzy and just wipe her with a Baiken. The issue stems from Bell and Dizzy on the same defense comp where I have to then hope the Dizzy isn't tanky as well and a Seallona -> Luna can take her out.

I made the mistake earlier of facing a Dizzy/Seallona/A.Vildred/Angie comp and I took in Roozid/Baiken/Seallona/Lilibet. The idea was I'd pop Dizzy with Baiken, soften A.Vildred with Seallona and then kill with Lili. Forgot my Seallona would counter their Seallona's counter and I ended up killing A.Vildred before Lili's turn haha.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Seallona has helped me climb in ladder too. Defense team started getting a decent number of wins a week after I plugged her into the team, and offensively she brings both damage and utility. She hamstrings defensive tools the same way Dizzy hamstrings offensive tools, except she seems to bring a good bit more damage than Dizzy.

I dunno if she's super broken yet, but I do think she's extremely strong and roughly equal to Dizzy.

I was originally running seallona + Dizzy + cdom + Angie on offense, but I'd get boned by enemy teams that had a dizzy or seallona that moved first. I just tried replacing Dizzy with Celeste this morning, and got much better results because cdom S3 let me put up Angie's S3 before I got hit with AoE debuffs. Probably doesn't work well against really fast Dizzys or Bells, though. None of my units are that fast, except Celeste.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Seallona is less infuriating than Dizzy if only because she doesn't have bullshit debuffs like blind. Hit chance is the most frustrating part of the game. "True Hit" buff when.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Going to turn my ML Ara into Judge Kise and keep that ML selector ball rolling since I'm sure she'll be nerfed in 3 months time since she's the best cleave going around.
I've been wondering about this. They're going to have to figure a way around this because otherwise it'll force powercreep. My concern is they won't want people continuously swapping units for the new best thing, so they just won't nerf anyone and start making the new units better than the old units.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So it's definitely comp based, but I run Bellona with ML Ceci, ML Armin, and ML Baal with crown. She's the most problematic in comps like that than in generic dps comps, because it takes a ton of turns to try kill her which means you will be eating a ton of s2s. That comps specifically punishes multiple single target dps since they'll be taunted / slept a bunch + if any of them die, they just lose.

Dizzy/Bellona + tanks/protection also equally good. Bellona with just dps and a support isn't as good. With protection she's super cancer, so I guess she isn't as one size fits all as Dizzy, but just barely. With the rise of eff res and Momo, Dizzy is fairly non issue. Additionally, building her somewhat tanky (defense wise) is important, because otherwise attacking her murders whoever she's siphoning damage to.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
So it's definitely comp based, but I run Bellona with ML Ceci, ML Armin, and ML Baal with crown. She's the most problematic in comps like that than in generic dps comps, because it takes a ton of turns to try kill her which means you will be eating a ton of s2s. That comps specifically punishes multiple single target dps since they'll be taunted / slept a bunch + if any of them die, they just lose.

Dizzy/Bellona + tanks/protection also equally good. Bellona with just dps and a support isn't as good. With protection she's super cancer, so I guess she isn't as one size fits all as Dizzy, but just barely. With the rise of eff res and Momo, Dizzy is fairly non issue. Additionally, building her somewhat tanky (defense wise) is important, because otherwise attacking her murders whoever she's siphoning damage to.
Makes sense. S.Bell is about taking hits and getting extra "turns" with her S2, so she's good in longer fights because she helps you win by attrition.

Against super tanky teams like that, I imagine an attacking team would need to play your game and fight it out in the long run. If they can't nuke Bell outright then they need to survive the long fight, and then maybe eventually get a pick with a soul burn or something.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Makes sense. S.Bell is about taking hits and getting extra "turns" with her S2, so she's good in longer fights because she helps you win by attrition.

Against super tanky teams like that, I imagine an attacking team would need to play your game and fight it out in the long run. If they can't nuke Bell outright then they need to survive the long fight, and then maybe eventually get a pick with a soul burn or something.
Yep, precisely right. I have no sustain so they need to survive the constant barrage and find their opening in between debuffs/sleeps.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
My defense is Angelica + Momo + Ruele + Seallona.

The goal isn't to win, the goal is to dissuade people from attacking me so I can ignore arena for the week.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Do I go for Kayron tomorrow?
My defense is Angelica + Momo + Ruele + Seallona.

The goal isn't to win, the goal is to dissuade people from attacking me so I can ignore arena for the week.
This is me. Ruele, Angelica, Sealona, Spec Ten. Can't lose points if people don't fight you lol.
What timezone does this game run on? PDT, UTC, or something else?
Notifications are given in UTC.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Do I go for Kayron tomorrow?

This is me. Ruele, Angelica, Sealona, Spec Ten. Can't lose points if people don't fight you lol.

Notifications are given in UTC.
I feel like between Dizzy and Sealonna, Kayron has been hard countered.

I still have fun with the guy in mid Challenger, but he needs. . . something after these limited Ice characters plaguing Arena.

I don't know how you could fix him though given what he does. Not without breaking him.

Pity because he's a cheesy edgelord and I love cheesy edgelords.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I've been wondering about this. They're going to have to figure a way around this because otherwise it'll force powercreep. My concern is they won't want people continuously swapping units for the new best thing, so they just won't nerf anyone and start making the new units better than the old units.

They really can't do anything if they are going to keep giving out Ml selectors for nerfed characters. But I guess if going forward most MLs are like Ravi compared to Ara/Baal than it will eventually sort itself out.

And if they don't nerf Judge Kise I'll just keep running her with Aux Lots and dodge Ml Kens if I have to.

actually might keep cArmin to try and survive ml kens counter, was going to trade her in for six lots but pulled him, no need for bbk when I can get j kise

And kayrons still good against the right team but seems he's more a GW character now with too many counters running around in arena

Maybe throw a 950 bookmark pack at him?

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like between Dizzy and Sealonna, Kayron has been hard countered.

I still have fun with the guy in mid Challenger, but he needs. . . something after these limited Ice characters plaguing Arena.

I don't know how you could fix him though given what he does. Not without breaking him.

Pity because he's a cheesy edgelord and I love cheesy edgelords.
They really can't do anything if they are going to keep giving out Ml selectors for nerfed characters. But I guess if going forward most MLs are like Ravi compared to Ara/Baal than it will eventually sort itself out.

And if they don't nerf Judge Kise I'll just keep running her with Aux Lots and dodge Ml Kens if I have to.

actually might keep cArmin to try and survive ml kens counter, was going to trade her in for six lots but pulled him, no need for bbk when I can get j kise

And kayrons still good against the right team but seems he's more a GW character now with too many counters running around in arena

Maybe throw a 950 bookmark pack at him?
Yeah I think he's more a GW character now, which is fine because that's the main reason for me to summon characters (other than liking them). I've got about 100 and something bookmarks so maybe I'll use those and call it there.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Yeah I think he's more a GW character now, which is fine because that's the main reason for me to summon characters (other than liking them). I've got about 100 and something bookmarks so maybe I'll use those and call it there.
Prior to Sealonna I had an 85% defense rate.

Didn't even have to touch Arena weekly.

It still stings, damnit.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Luckily during my rage pulling I got a Kayron who I actually completely forgot about until now.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I love that sealion says fuck you and counters one more time before dying to the Baiken poison pop.
The waves of counter in arena is dumb nonsense. Not sure I'm going to like having her there after the novelty of seeing air counter def break spam going. Though I still rather fighter her than Dienne + Angie stalls.

Took her into the raid with Sol and laughed every time a boss did an aoe which triggers both of their counters.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.