• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
So in an effort to stop wasting gold o sold off all my non epic gear that wasn't already being used or enhanced.

Going to be very selective in what I level from here on out and sell stuff right away.

Opened up over 200 slots. Feels refreshing.

I haven't upgraded any gear since August 11th except the minimum 50k gold every day during the Arky event on a single ring. I've done tons of unit merging, steeple crafting, bought almost 2 million in marks in the SS, etc, but have saved up almost 40 million gold now and haven't missed a beat. I found I was upgrading mediocre gear hoping to get perfect rolls and it just went onto units I don't use because the gear was mediocre. My new approach is to find really amazing starting gear such that a few bad rolls don't actually hurt it. Totally done upgrading blue gear and if I'm going to upgrade purple gear it either needs to start with 4 speed or really high % rolls. I've collected a few worth pieces over the past few weeks that I'll splurge on soon since I was lucky with my J. Kise pulls. I probably won't do a ton of upgrading until I start grabbing the S3 pieces.

I'm going to be even more selective now with the flat stat boost as far as left side gear is concerned and probably trash anything that is lower than Level 85 unless it is Epic.

Last edited:

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
This seems like a good approach to gear. I'm gonna try doing the same and stop upgrading medium gear. This should really pay off in the long run.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I feel sticking to only level 85 or good lower level epics would mean I could provisionally gear up significantly less characters. I wonder will we eventually see a way to re-roll a single sub-stat or something.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Smilegate.....I will give up my left nut for this collab to happen:

iMOGBOG5rZlRzuOdcw3ALgqHn4aXAMZjE1EEN05BZvY.jpg

also I need another dragon to complete the squad!

EDvDIBkXsAEEr5U

Raspada

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking about picking this back up after dropping it a month after release. I've been hearing they've been steadily improving things in this game?

Can anyone summarize the big things that have happened since release? Is it a good time to go back in?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm thinking about picking this back up after dropping it a month after release. I've been hearing they've been steadily improving things in this game?

Can anyone summarize the big things that have happened since release? Is it a good time to go back in?
Pity on all banners now, including mystic summons.
Lots of QoL features already released (equipment manager, party naming, nerfs and buffs, event rework with difficulties, better rewards from events and login, and a ton more)
Lots of QoL coming (auto repeat, pet system)
Content coming soon including more raid bosses, world bosses, real time arena.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I feel sticking to only level 85 or good lower level epics would mean I could provisionally gear up significantly less characters. I wonder will we eventually see a way to re-roll a single sub-stat or something.

Unequip events make into easier to dabble with other units in PvE content, so I feel less pressure to make 20 different sets.

I was just at a point last month where I had crafted and upgraded probably 20 million worth of gear and came out with nothing but sloppy seconds for Vivian and some OK pieces for A Ravi. So I'm scaling back on my "maybe I'll get lucky rolls" upgrading.

I do wish they'd bring in re-rolling a single sub-stat. It'd make a lot more gear viable but I think it'd break the speed meta. Everyone would just have basically infinite chances at starting legendary or epic gear at 4 speed. The cost would have to be extravagant.

animus82

Nov 1, 2017
So in an effort to stop wasting gold o sold off all my non epic gear that wasn't already being used or enhanced.

Going to be very selective in what I level from here on out and sell stuff right away.

Opened up over 200 slots. Feels refreshing.
I really need to summon the courage and do what you did Jrod. it's getting exhasting just looking at 300+ pieces all the time.

I might just +6 the iffy stuff and make some hard choices.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I have this seemingly endless pile of somewhat decent gear too. And yet I still have trouble finding gear with good substat combinations.

I also feel like I'm capping out on speed. The only way I can make my CR pushers faster at this point is to hope to roll high speed on equivalent gear pieces. That's gonna be expensive.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
You don't need to worry about gearing a lot of characters if you only have 50 character slots *taps forehead*

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Lost my first Guild War match in forever. Tried a ML Ken opponent paired with SS Achates and Montmo to start and it wiped my Seallona, Dizzy, and Luna. Cleaved ML Ken and assumed I could kill his revive from SS Achates but Montmo snuck in and put immunity on him and it went all downhill from there. Should have taken a cupcake match after that but tried to take on another tough opponent and got gutted. Ouch, forgot what it was like to get rocked like that.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Did a pull on the Mystic banner for Kise.....didn't get her....but freaking Ken. I didn't even know he was part of the banner :o

Really happy he is pretty much the top tier def breaker I was missing. I'm sorry for Ravi though just leveled her not too long ago and she performed quite well....but Ken is on another level.

Thé gacha gods haven't forsaken me after all.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Took on a bruiser team in arena. Regular Ceci, SBell, and two other tanks or healers.

Enemy Cecilia was very fast and S3 provoked my whole team. After that I just watched myself trigger SBell S2 on myself over and over until I died.

It was pretty funny watching a team make me kick my own ass like that.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
For those of you with the characters, should I be imprinting all my normal Lots into A. Lots, normal Doms into C. Dom, and normal Clarissas into Kitty Clarissa? Working on those 3 now so wondering if their normal versions are all not worth keeping.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Gear event let me move some stuff around, which made my cleave team functional. CMerc is way better at zapping things now, at the cost of nerfing CDom's damage a little. But it's not that bad, because I spend a soul burn on her anyway.

For those of you with the characters, should I be imprinting all my normal Lots into A. Lots, normal Doms into C. Dom, and normal Clarissas into Kitty Clarissa? Working on those 3 now so wondering if their normal versions are all not worth keeping.
Depends if you ever want to use the normal versions of those characters. If not, then using them for imprints is better than letting them ride the bench.

If you ever intend to use the normal versions of those units, then keep one around in case they get buffed in the future.

CDom's imprint is a crit rate buff, which she already gives in her S3. But imprinting her further lowers the crit rate requirements of anyone you team with her.

ALots is often paired with slow, powerful damage dealers, so his atk percent imprint is very welcome.

ButtButt

Oct 30, 2017
Depends if you ever want to use the normal versions of those characters. If not, then using them for imprints is better than letting them ride the bench.

If you ever intend to use the normal versions of those units, then keep one around in case they get buffed in the future.

CDom's imprint is a crit rate buff, which she already gives in her S3. But imprinting her further lowers the crit rate requirements of anyone you team with her.

ALots is often paired with slow, powerful damage dealers, so his atk percent imprint is very welcome.

Great thanks for the info, I do have way too many characters and not enough gear as it is so I'll probably just imprint them all.

MiTYH

Oct 25, 2017
Hey all. Some might know me from other gacha threads. I just picked this up and really like it! So I may comment from time to time with questions as I get my head around the systems. There's... a lot. I'm in Ch 8 and just hit 75k CP, so I'm still fairly new.

I did however find out how to probably piss a lot of people off:
1. Reroll for Vildred in the selective summon
2. Progress through story mode and get 100 mystic summon tokens
3. "What are these?" *summons*
4. Get Ken

So yeah pretty stoked on that. Currently I'm trying to get as many bookmarks to get Tamarinne when she's here next week as I desperately need a healer. Only at 250 so far. But if I get her that should put me in a super solid place to start mid-game properly. Oh I've also got that anni 5* coming me way in a day or two

Overall it's a fun game! Looking forward to the future improvements I've read about as well.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Ken is busted af.

Vildred is the best dog walker and generally a good cleaver for PVE (and decent in PVP).

Tamarinne is the most OP PVE unit in the game and it's not even close.

You have a very, VERY solid starting lineup.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not understanding how Ken is good?

Used him for majority of pve, but Ravi was my MVP. Maybe I don't have the right gear in him, but he seems very underwhelming compared to other heroes I have.
He offers:

HP scaling on all skills
Tons of HP awakenings
Defense break (100% unresistable if Vigor'd)
Burn
Attack Down
Stun
Self Speed buff
Unique Vigor buff that increases Attack and Defense by 30%.

Ken, for PVE, is probably the fourth best unit in the game at the moment, only behind Tamarinne, Dizzy, and maybe SS Bellona.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Well I'm a believer now.

I kept losing to normal raid queen all week despite the gear buffs, maybe the 2 wins i got against queen were flukes admittedly they were very close wins and i relied on arky to finish her because my dps and aoe unit eventually die near the end. It just seems like Angelica just was too slow and kept getting debuffed and Tammy could not do it all. Switched to Angelic Momo because what else did O have to lose and my run went smoothly I was never in serious danger of dying to Queen. Angelic Momo I thought she was just budget Angelica, it aint even close. Angelica can finally retire.

So yeah pretty stoked on that. Currently I'm trying to get as many bookmarks to get Tamarinne when she's here next week as I desperately need a healer. Only at 250 so far. But if I get her that should put me in a super solid place to start mid-game properly. Oh I've also got that anni 5* coming me way in a day or two

Overall it's a fun game! Looking forward to the future improvements I've read about as well.
welcome you got 2 great heroes and with some hard grinding you will get Tammy

Do you have Montmorancy? https://epic7x.com/character/montmorancy/ if you do specialty change her to Angelic Montmorancy, she is a great healer until you get tammy.

Last edited:

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I dont unfortunately. What's a specialty change? Is it something anyone can do or just some units?

I have Jecht as a healer for now. It's okay
In the hero tab you will find something called specialty change select 3* heroes can gain increase stats and skill tree making them as strong as 5* heroes.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
I think I might have joined and been kicked by EpicEra in the span of a day, name sounds very familiar. I assume it was because my defense team was crap as all my money/gear went to 4 characters.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
I'm not understanding how Ken is good?

Used him for majority of pve, but Ravi was my MVP. Maybe I don't have the right gear in him, but he seems very underwhelming compared to other heroes I have.

I had this opinion too. It was definitely a gear and investment issue.

Don't get me wrong, Ravi is really good, especially early and honestly she still carries me on some content but her strengths differ to Ken's.

Ravi's kit is quite unique and her crazy ass S1 soul burn can not only one shot most early-mid pve bosses but also top up her hp. She is an incredible budget hero because you can slap gear onto her in a variety of ways and she still works. She can walk dogs slowly. I still use her to solo pve stages on the hardest difficulty in most cases as I level up dogs and other heroes.

Late game however investment into her falls off a bit. Meanwhile, making Ken tankier (HP) makes him hit harder while being tougher to kill. Def break is one of the most important debuffs as it increases damage tremendously and Ken has it on both S1 and S2 with S2 being almost guaranteed if he has S3 buff.

I have both these heroes and they work well together. Ravi gets high attack gear, Ken gets hp gear. Ken def break with Ravi soul burn followup is fantastic. Throw in Hazel for attack up for Ravi and that is pretty much Golem11 dead (assuming Ravi is fully warmed up).

Ken is harder to gear than Ravi early on from my experience. Ravi can get away with really budget builds like Ancient Sheathe, casual attack set and maybe mola into S1 if at all. In some ways it is kind of bullshit what Ravi can get away with using minimal effort while a lot of heroes need a lot more to shine.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
I think I might have joined and been kicked by EpicEra in the span of a day, name sounds very familiar. I assume it was because my defense team was crap as all my money/gear went to 4 characters.
I can pretty much guarantee that no one would get kicked out of EpicEra due to their defense teams, we're pretty casual and don't make a fuss about losses. Pretty much the only reasons to get kicked is either being an asshole or being inactive for a really long time without notice and we needing the spot for someone else. I'm sure others can confirm/clarify more.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
I can pretty much guarantee that no one would get kicked out of EpicEra due to their defense teams, we're pretty casual and don't make a fuss about losses. Pretty much the only reasons to get kicked is either being an asshole or being inactive for a really long time without notice and we needing the spot for someone else. I'm sure others can confirm/clarify more.

I'm probably wrong :) maybe I applied to a few and that's why it rings a bell.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Finally downed Abyss 90. Damn that floor was annoying... Had only one woundrous potion so in the end I replaced Tama with Achates and between her cleanse and her new S2 she made the difference. So glad this is finally over.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Automation tower 95 is some serious bullshit. How are you supposed too keep up with these bleed stacks during the 5 turns you can't damage him? I'm running 3 cleansers and it's still not enough

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Automation tower 95 is some serious bullshit. How are you supposed too keep up with these bleed stacks during the 5 turns you can't damage him? I'm running 3 cleansers and it's still not enough

Barrier is a buff, so any cannot buff debuff will do it (Iseria , Sol have it ) and to deal with the bleeding immunity will protect you (Angelica, Crimson Armin, Bask have it) probably there are others but these are the ones on the top of my mind

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Whooo suck it bitch!
Shadow Rose your sacrifice and Defense breaks will not be forgotten
kxrTn9z.png

Edit:
Barrier is a buff, so any cannot buff debuff will do it (Iseria , Sol have it ) and to deal with the bleeding immunity will protect you (Angelica, Crimson Armin, Bask have it) probably there are others but these are the ones on the top of my mind
Thanks good to know. I need to build Sol

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Oof, I think I'm gonna be stuck in Gold IV in Arena for quite a while. Everyone has full level 60 teams and I only have one. Gotta work on my uncaps ahd gear.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got A11 auto working. SBell + Sol + Fluri + Tama. Being able to buff strip the boss consistently was the key.

B11 is still my least reliable hunt to auto, and probably also still takes the longest. I think I'll start seeing if I can do some sort of oneshot auto setup there, because taking her on normally is so annoying.

Well I'm a believer now.

I kept losing to normal raid queen all week despite the gear buffs, maybe the 2 wins i got against queen were flukes admittedly they were very close wins and i relied on arky to finish her because my dps and aoe unit eventually die near the end. It just seems like Angelica just was too slow and kept getting debuffed and Tammy could not do it all. Switched to Angelic Momo because what else did O have to lose and my run went smoothly I was never in serious danger of dying to Queen. Angelic Momo I thought she was just budget Angelica, it aint even close. Angelica can finally retire.

welcome you got 2 great heroes and with some hard grinding you will get Tammy

Do you have Montmorancy? https://epic7x.com/character/montmorancy/ if you do specialty change her to Angelic Montmorancy, she is a great healer until you get tammy.
I think Angie and Momo have slightly different specialties. Momo's great against debuffs and Angie is great against raw damage. Both have some overlap in that momo can have decent healing output with Rod and Angie can have decent cleansing ability with Potion, but they're both worthwhile imo.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I don't even remember the last time I ran a hunt that wasn't W11.
She has decent gear but not my best gear. I'd need to wait for the next gear event to really shuffle things around without going broke.

I've tried a few different artifacts (necro and undine, portrait, and kaeladra) and teammates with her, and so far she's doing around 6-8k on everyone with a fully molaed S3, which is nowhere near enough.

I think part of the problem is that I sometimes need to kill someone with CDom's first shot before the cleave because otherwise they'll go before CMerc, which throws off Merc's self CR push and keeps her from getting her second turn.
This is late, but I did plan to come back to this. What team have you been using around her? And is this for arena or guild wars or both?

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
Kusoge is looking for 1 member that is advanced in the game and has knowledge. We teach how to fight and you'll learn from the best (neki) of the bests (neki) while climbing up. We share infos and strategies on how to climb as well. If you're are looking for a friendly environment and help in building units or guides.

Description:
- Casual / Semi-Competitive (GW)
- 24/7 guild buffs
- 5x mystic medals reward in GW
- Has YufineBot
- Friendly ERA Discord community with guides
- Top 150~ in GW

Requirements:
- Active sign-ins and donations
- Participate in GW
- Discord
- Rank 64 - 65 Only

If you are interessted in joining just pm Neki , Einbroch or join the ERA discord.

galvenize

Oct 25, 2017
That feeling you finally get the right rng on abyss 90 with Kiris (kill aither).
When you finally poison Tenebria to death after countless attempts.
That feeling when you realize Smilegate still hasnt fixed that shitty bug that makes the game crash on mobile if you kill her by poison.

that shit happened in previous floors too.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I don't even remember the last time I ran a hunt that wasn't W11.

This is late, but I did plan to come back to this. What team have you been using around her? And is this for arena or guild wars or both?
She's much better off after some gear shuffling. Finally has the damage to kill decently well. I've been using her mostly in arena, though I'd also like to use her in GW eventually.

In arena, I've been running CMerc + aux lots + cdom + celeste. The game has never given me a 5* ML unit but gives me a ton of 4* ones.

The setup goes celeste s3 > celeste s2 > Cdom s3 > cdom souburn S1 (usually kills someone) > alots s2 boost on CMerc > CMerc s3 > s2 on survivors. It works well unless the team is tanky or has more than one very fast unit.

I ran into a team the other day that had two units above 239 speed or so, and that was just wtf.

It's still bad against a bunch of units, though. I avoid ML Ken, ML BS, GPurrgis, and AVildred. Ruele is okay unless the setup makes it hard for me to kill her fast.

Status
Not open for further replies.