• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Don't make me flex my Montmo...

QzPuXxO.jpg

Pelicano is going to out flex us...

I moved Sol's gear over to J. Kise to take her for a spin in arena. Flying through Challenger but I'm still susceptible to my Roozid being outsped and ML Ken's are a bit of a problem since she can die to their counterattack. I basically go Roozid -> Baiken S2 -> Baiken S3 -> Vivian S3 (atk boost/immunity) -> J. Kise SB S2 -> J. Kise S3. Anyone left after all that is usually cool-down reduced or so weak that Baiken/Vivian finish them off next turn.

I think the S3 gear will go really well on her and I can improve the stats while boosting the speed to make her more reliable for GW. I think I need 4000 attack at a minimum to make her full cleave (almost none of that gear has Atk% sub-stats) or go higher speed/effectiveness and ditch Vivian in favor of using her as a buff stripper and cooldown increase with a follow-up Seallona or something like that.

O0c1EoA.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been meaning to ask, do arena tokens expire? I have enough for a few pieces now (not the whole S2 set though), so if they expire I may as well grab a few before the shop changes.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Do you mean Conquest points? They don't expire they are used to buy other stuff besides the arena armor. Glory Crest will expire and be converted to conquest points.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Conquest Points. Not even sure how to get Glory Crests, don't have a single one yet, haha.

Thanks, I''ll save what I have now then and try to buy all of next season's armor.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
The only two pieces of S2 arena set I wouldn't buy are the chest and helmet, they are very poorly optimized for an attack set.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still using low level gear (some 57) on my characters, so anything would likely be an upgrade for me. I was eyeballing maybe grabbing the ring and neck, but I'm not too sure. I'd love to just be able to buy out all of the S3 gear at once, as it would help gear me up right away so I could continue pushing for my W11 team. I have the characters needed (Angelica, Montmorancy, Karin, SS Bellona, Yuna, Crozet, etc.), I just need to evolve and skill them up. Farming the catalysts hasn't...been fun.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still using low level gear (some 57) on my characters, so anything would likely be an upgrade for me. I was eyeballing maybe grabbing the ring and neck, but I'm not too sure. I'd love to just be able to buy out all of the S3 gear at once, as it would help gear me up right away so I could continue pushing for my W11 team. I have the characters needed (Angelica, Montmorancy, Karin, SS Bellona, Yuna, Crozet, etc.), I just need to evolve and skill them up. Farming the catalysts hasn't...been fun.

The crests required for S3 gear will reset to 0 and be converted to Conquest Points when the new season starts at a 4:1 ratio. You can buy a piece of S3 gear each week if you are in Master II or higher.

I'd buy all the gear from S2 if you can afford it. Even if some of the sub stats aren't perfect for a pure DPS unit it never hurts to have a little effect resistance, etc.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Don't make me flex my Montmo...

QzPuXxO.jpg

Pelicano is going to out flex us...

I moved Sol's gear over to J. Kise to take her for a spin in arena. Flying through Challenger but I'm still susceptible to my Roozid being outsped and ML Ken's are a bit of a problem since she can die to their counterattack. I basically go Roozid -> Baiken S2 -> Baiken S3 -> Vivian S3 (atk boost/immunity) -> J. Kise SB S2 -> J. Kise S3. Anyone left after all that is usually cool-down reduced or so weak that Baiken/Vivian finish them off next turn.

I think the S3 gear will go really well on her and I can improve the stats while boosting the speed to make her more reliable for GW. I think I need 4000 attack at a minimum to make her full cleave (almost none of that gear has Atk% sub-stats) or go higher speed/effectiveness and ditch Vivian in favor of using her as a buff stripper and cooldown increase with a follow-up Seallona or something like that.

O0c1EoA.jpg
I have been summoned.

I'm just gonna post my favorite unit...

83vEX5M.jpg

But Momo:
AC03-B48-E-A730-4622-85-DE-EEED94888057.jpg

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Chrono

Catalyst farming doesn't get you a ton more bang for your buck. You are better off farming hunts for the gold/materials/drops. Awakenings give you like a 6% boost in attack (sometimes its even in a useless stat for that character) when you just as easily could find that boost in a new piece of gear (especially if you are rocking Level 57 on the right side). 5th and 6th awakenings are more for end-game when you are min/max your units and want to eke out every little bit. Just awaken everyone 4 times for now and then wait for those catalysts to come across in a side story rotation or just drop over time. You'll drive yourself mad going for Epic Catalysts and is really a poor use of your time.

ShadowSoldier89

Feast your eyes on J. Kise in lower Challenger. I'm just going through the list knocking off teams in like a minute each. Here's three battles in a row that were not even close, even when Baiken missed a CR push and a Maid Chloe put revive on the whole opposing team. If you couldn't tell I'm super happy to finally have a top tier PvP unit.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I feel I need to counter all this flexing with the exact opposite.

Going as planned so far:

Found the tankiest team I could find.

Oh man, that cooldown pushback is too good. I wouldn't be able to take either team at all. The first team has AVildred, and in the second one, I can't kill both Ruele and Dizzy before one of them uses their S3.

I'm still feeling a little outgunned with my cleave team, but it might just be a combination of being behind in gear and everyone just getting tankier thanks to the flat stat buff. I only feel comfortable fighting one or two teams every refresh, and that's not a very good hit rate.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I feel I need to counter all this flexing with the exact opposite.

Oh man, that cooldown pushback is too good. I wouldn't be able to take either team at all. The first team has AVildred, and in the second one, I can't kill both Ruele and Dizzy before one of them uses their S3.

I'm still feeling a little outgunned with my cleave team, but it might just be a combination of being behind in gear and everyone just getting tankier thanks to the flat stat buff. I only feel comfortable fighting one or two teams every refresh, and that's not a very good hit rate.

I started to run into issues like you mentioned, I could easily take out Dizzy/Seallona but now that they are paired with Ruele's, and even show up as a group of three sometimes, it's hard to get to a safe place after Turn 1 where I can then slug it out. For a long time I was just picking on Dizzy/DPS/Tank/Healer variety teams and avoiding the rest. This is a happy evolution for me that I'm hoping will get me to Champion. I might just splurge on skystones for flags tonight and see how far I can get before my defense gets battered back down.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Double post, but I'm going to try something out:

I want to see how many mystic summons I can accumulate in a month. The goal is to not spend gold to save it for secret shop purchases. I'll merge phantasmas and dupe 3* but thats about it. If I happen to get a really game changing piece of gear I'll improve it and track it, but I'm mostly curious to see how viable the new summon system is if you play smart. So for record keeping I'm starting with:

Leifs: 54
Gold: 805k
Skystones: 25k
Bookmarks: 42
Mystic: 650
5* Phantasma: 7

Should be easy since I'm starting with a good pile of skystones but for the most part I'll just be running hunts/altars with my normal stamina. I'll also do alchemist steeple for the charms each week.

I'm sure they'll throw something our way that makes me cave but I've been considering how much I've been wasting on upgrading mediocre gear and crafting with no results that I'd rather have the next ML unit.

Well, didn't make it an entire month. I got lucky with the J. Kise pull and I wanted to take advantage of the free un-equip event to shuffle things around as well as upgrade some gear so I'm cutting my experiment off early by a few days. In 28 days of regular play, expending free leifs and running natural stamina down, I ended with the following:

Leifs: 46 (down 8)
Gold: 41.3m (up 40.5m w/ 3.8m spent on random marks from SS and artifact upgrades)
Skystones: 19.4k (down 5.6k including buying the season pass)
Bookmarks: 351 (up 310)
Mystic: 146 (down 504)
5* Phantasma: 5 (down 2 but used 10 total)

I pity pulled Vivian via skystones and pulled J. Kise on about 1600 mystic marks I had earned through hunts and guild wars. Pulled ~20 times on the Yufine banner.

Not sure anyone actually cares but thought it'd be interesting to see what a months worth of resources looked like. I could have pushed the gold a lot harder during the buff events but just didn't have the time. Definitely could have pity'd my way to J. Kise if needed based on what I saved and I'll likely be able to pity my way to next month's ML unit instead.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled my first ML 5 unit from a random pull.

ML Ravi.

I have no use for her since she kinda sucks ....hope she gets buffed down the line though. Still very happy - never thought I would pull one.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Went a bit crazy on random BM pulls because I was looking for tagahel artifact.
Used 210 Bms and got Iseria, Ken, Sez, Tenebria and 2 5*artifact.
All new to me, I am happy but still no tagahel lol.

Gratz on a ML nat5* :)

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
When does the hero recall end? Want to wait until the last minute in case I get A Coli from a daily or something.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Is the best way to "grind" mystics to run hunts for gold and the drop chance and then churn through shop resets?

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Looking for a little advice on where to go next, currently stuck at Wyvern 9/Abyss 52.

My current team is

Arbiter Vildred (60)
Tamarinne (60)
Sigret (50)
Falconer Kluri (50)

I have access to
5*
Apocalypse Ravi
Vivian
Angelica
Yuna

4*
Rin
Coli
Karin
Mercedes
Kiris
Jecht
Alexa
Judith
Carmainerose
Lorina
Blaze Dingo
General Purrgis
Rose
Cidd
Furious
Crozet
Cartuja
Silk

3*
Rima
Otille
Doris
Ras
Jena
Celeste
Mistychain
Nemunas
Maya
Pearlhorizon
Carrot
Azalea
Adlay
Hazel
Montmorancy
Gloomyrain
Wanda
Enott
Taranor Royal Guard

I'm about halfway to being ready to promote another hero to 6 stars, and not exactly sure who should be next or if my main team is properly thought out. Vildred was my 1st 60 and I'm not quite sure he's pulling his weight outside of grinding weaker stuff. Any suggestions on a Team Comp? This is just for PvE at the moment, specifically wyvern 9+.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about halfway to being ready to promote another hero to 6 stars, and not exactly sure who should be next or if my main team is properly thought out. Vildred was my 1st 60 and I'm not quite sure he's pulling his weight outside of grinding weaker stuff. Any suggestions on a Team Comp? This is just for PvE at the moment, specifically wyvern 9+.

My wyvern team is Angelica as the tank, tammy as my healer/support, seaside bellonna as my defensive breaker, and Karin as my dps.

Furious could serve as your defensive breaker but the run wont be as fast since he can only use it every 4 turns, and Sigret can be your DPS

alternatively ML Ravi if built to the minimum to tank wyvern can be your tank and you can bring a DPS and defensive breaker with a fodder. If you don't mind slower runs just bring defensive breaker and 2 fodder

As for Abyss I suggest looking up abyss guides looks like you started playing after dizzy banner, my knowledge with abyss is pretty much based on Dizzy and Sol comps. But Tammy, Momo, Angelica, Kluri, Lorina and Kiris are common units used.

Raid, you have Tammy, Kluri, build Montmorancy, and your strongest DPS I suggest raising Commander Lorina

Last edited:

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
I'm finally reaching the PVP point.

Sure I still need to all the other hunts but I got abyss cleared to 80, w11 3man team, raid normal cleared and I already have a simple PVP team ready.

I have 1 team made on my own without much research and it's working okay at master Europe server:
Basar Tywin SS Bellona and Vildred.

I don't have tagahel for basar so his S3 it's not guaranteed but it's netting me a 70-80% winrate at the moment.

I might consider changing basar and tywin for Iseria Tamma but I don't have enough gear to put these 2 units in speed gear, and I really feel like it's all about the speed from now on, if I don't go first, I lose.

This is of course unless Iseria Tamma can be used as a turn 2 team but then I would have to rethink my strategy.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
How are they dealing with the world arena?
They said it will be across all servers, while that is great and all, you are saying I will have to deal with dizzy while there is no dizzy in my server?

I don't plan to counter fire with fire, but that seems a little off.
Hopefully we get every server stable and on par with the characters available when they launch that.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
Trying to make some sense out of my ridiculous unit box right now. Anyone want to give me some guidance?

6*:
Sol (59)

5*:
Martial Artist Ken (39)
Sez (50)
Ruele of Light (50)
Destina (50)
Apocalypse Ravi (38)
Lilibet (50)
Dizzy (50) & dupe
Baiken (50)
Vivian (37)
Luluca (41)
Sigret (27)
Ludwig (50)
Tamarinne (39) & dupe
Chloe (30)
Tywin (50)
Ravi (50) & dupe
Charlotte (50)
Kise (50)
Mercedes (50)

4*:
A. Cidd
Wanderer Silk
Surin
Angelica
Crozet
Purrgis
Coli
Lots
Leo
Clarissa
Dingo
Schuri
Achates
Cidd
Corvus
Karin
Zerato
Silk
Rose

I have 3*s too but screw trying to type all those up too. Any advice on teams I should be trying to build up? My primary focus right now has been trying to get MA Ken up to 50.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
what about hunt, raid, abyss, unrecorded history? Or are you looking for general team composition advice?

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Chrono

Catalyst farming doesn't get you a ton more bang for your buck. You are better off farming hunts for the gold/materials/drops. Awakenings give you like a 6% boost in attack (sometimes its even in a useless stat for that character) when you just as easily could find that boost in a new piece of gear (especially if you are rocking Level 57 on the right side). 5th and 6th awakenings are more for end-game when you are min/max your units and want to eke out every little bit. Just awaken everyone 4 times for now and then wait for those catalysts to come across in a side story rotation or just drop over time. You'll drive yourself mad going for Epic Catalysts and is really a poor use of your time.
Thanks for the advice, I won't bother farming catalysts then. I just wanted to enhance a few of my skills (nt so much awakening them, that can come later) but it sounds like it might not be worth the headache. I'll keep at the gear grind then and see how it goes! I have a recommended W11 team (Angelica, Karin, SS Bellona, Tamarinne), although I do need to gear them up (and evolve Karin to at least 5*) first.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I'm mostly looking for general teams and also some suggestions on ways to beat hunts and other events more reliably. I'm at level 40 of the Abyss currently.
For unrecorded history Tamarinne/Dizzy/Sol and whoever you want to bring should be able to clear the whole thing with the exception of i think the fight with Sez dizzy/sol are useless.

Hunts Wyvern a team I can see you have success with is Tywin as a tank/support, Angelica as a healer, luluca for more defensive break options and Kise as your dps (turn off her skill in auto mode). I dont do the other hunts I just cleared them once with the best elemental advantage units I had, some I still have not cleared yet because i have not bothered to build teams to beat them.

If you want a dog walker Sez is your man.

Raid and Abyss I have a post earlier on this page on my thoughts, Raid just need healer+cleanser, healer+buffer, defensive breaker, and dps unit will clear raid normal. Abyss Dizzy, Sol, along with Tamarinne and whoever you think you might need to beat the level should get you far some floors may have a gimmick or two that make Dizzy/sol useless so you might have to look to reddit/discord/resetera for advice.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
hbtkuQa.jpg

Very close to the dream (look at this week), climbing to Champ 1 with just one offensive victory.

You disgust me.

Feel like helping out with my Arena defense? I can't keep rank in Challenger 2 even though I'm damn near 100% win rate at this point. People see my D and they see blood. 6*: Dizzy, Seallona, A. Ravi, J. Kise, Sol, Angie, Montmo, Vivian, Lili, Lidica, Axe, Baiken, Luna, Cermia, Iseria.

I was running Roozid/Dizzy/Baiken/Angie. Now running A. Ravi/Angie/Montmo/Dizzy.

My 5* Roozid is at 241 speed but everyone just goes double imprint cleave when he's in my team. Assume I have all artifacts. All 4* units but no C.Armin or fat cat. Angie 20k HP, Montmo above, A Ravi 20k hp, Dizzy/Seallona/Vivian can all swap gear to range from 170-220 speed in exchange for tankiness or attack.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
PSA go buy Arena S3 gear before your currency gets exchanged. I sadly spent a bunch of conquest points last night so only got one piece of gear.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
You disgust me.

Feel like helping out with my Arena defense? I can't keep rank in Challenger 2 even though I'm damn near 100% win rate at this point. People see my D and they see blood. 6*: Dizzy, Seallona, A. Ravi, J. Kise, Sol, Angie, Montmo, Vivian, Lili, Lidica, Axe, Baiken, Luna, Cermia, Iseria.

I was running Roozid/Dizzy/Baiken/Angie. Now running A. Ravi/Angie/Montmo/Dizzy.

My 5* Roozid is at 241 speed but everyone just goes double imprint cleave when he's in my team. Assume I have all artifacts. All 4* units but no C.Armin or fat cat. Angie 20k HP, Montmo above, A Ravi 20k hp, Dizzy/Seallona/Vivian can all swap gear to range from 170-220 speed in exchange for tankiness or attack.
Hmmm. Maybe SeaLona Dizzy Momo and A. Ravi? You lack damage mitigation, which is pretty much a "please cleave me".

Status
Not open for further replies.