• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Just to be clear, Righteous Theif Roozid is better than regular Roozid because the specialty change skill tree gives him additional speed stats. It's the same as your Dizzy team, if Roozid is outsped you're likely screwed.

Thanks gonna work on his speciality change. He should also be useful for GW so hopefully this will be worth it.

Celeste isn't so good as a CR pusher on her own because she pushes enemy units back instead of pushing your own team, and only at a 50% proc rate.

She works best as an indirect CR pusher when paired with Cdom, because she's naturally very fast and can land 4 crits with her s2. So the setup goes celeste s2, which CR pushes cdom, and then cdom uses her s3, which is the real CR push on the team. The drawback is that the setup takes two unit slots, that first s2 charges enemy SBells real fast, and makes Celeste vulnerable to getting instantly counter hit to death by units like ML Ken.

If you also have Cdom then Celeste + Cdom is a fun combo, but I wouldn't use Celeste on her own as your cr pusher.

Thanks for those details. I don't have Cdom and I was purely going for Celeste because of her look and she's been imprinted to SS, so I thought I'd be able to outspeed more teams, but this was a bad idea with how she works -.-

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Remember before you guys do "C2. Moneybag Goblins" wait for your guild blessing and Full Moon Festival Buff Event tommorrow to maximize the amount of gold earned if your like me who is always running low on gold.

I do also have the event Yuna that I'm leveling as well
stick with Yuna

When you start to getting close to end game, raid and harder abyss levels
Corvus is a good tank if your willing to invest
Achates will probably be a better secondary healer for her cleansing ability, But angelica has her place and one day you will get Montmorancy who is also a good healer to invest in.
Carmainerose is a decent mage if you need something that slows down the enemy and dispels buff
Kluri is a great knight and her defensive break has no elemental disadvantage
kiris can be used to cheese abyss alot of abyss floors

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
got a chuckle out of this;

EENZHBJW4AAZjKm

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for those details. I don't have Cdom and I was purely going for Celeste because of her look and she's been imprinted to SS, so I thought I'd be able to outspeed more teams, but this was a bad idea with how she works -.-

Keep in mind that a units imprint doesn't apply to itself. i.e. Roozid's or Celeste's +8 speed imprint only applies to their allies and themselves.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I find a fast Tammy worked better for me, and depending what i'm doing at the moment I usually have Tome when I'm using her generally but i switch to wondrous potion vial for PVE content that have heavy debuff mechanics like Raid/abyss.

I wonder if they will start to release hard PVE stuff to counter the rise of the Tammy army.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Keep in mind that a units imprint doesn't apply to itself. i.e. Roozid's or Celeste's +8 speed imprint only applies to their allies and themselves.

Seriously despite playing this game for so long there are too many details like this I didn't realize... always thought it buffed the unit providing it too.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Given Iseria was the Nat 5 when A.Ravi was released, what is going to happen when this Tamaseria meta messes up Arena defense rates.

Which do you think gets the nerf between Tama and Iseria. I am betting Iseria, but how could you break this union without gutting one of them?

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to the point where I can auto Wyvern 9, switching from Kluri to Yufine seems to have helped a lot with getting through it's shield. I lot of my gear is still 55 epic or 70 rare/heroic.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Given Iseria was the Nat 5 when A.Ravi was released, what is going to happen when this Tamaseria meta messes up Arena defense rates.

Which do you think gets the nerf between Tama and Iseria. I am betting Iseria, but how could you break this union without gutting one of them?
They could very easily "nerf" Iseria by making her reduce cooldowns by 5 turns instead of straight up resetting them. This would effectively nerf both Tamarinne and Dark Corvus on offense, though Dark Corvus in particular is largely unaffected anyway. She'd still have the same effect on.... basically any other character in the game, with the sole exception of Luna (who is another character with a self-cooldown reduction mechanic).

Dark Corvus would become effectively unused if they nerfed him any further than that. I'm not actually sure there's a solution to this, other than them introducing a light unit who can directly counter Dark Corvus somehow, though this is a character that would have to be obscenely overpowered to counter Dark Corvus so maybe a direct nerf is warranted, too...

Lastly, we have Aux Lots as the premiere problem child on offense. With Spirit's Breath his S2 has effectively 0 cooldown, which basically turns him into your strongest DPS's speed. Whatever your Aux Lots's speed is, it's now your DPS's speed, too, AND his attack buff has 100% uptime. Just looking at it on paper, you can very easily see why he's overpowered as hell.

It'd be extremely easy for them to nerf him by cutting his S2 CR boost in half and adding an extra turn of CD on top. He'd still be crazy strong, mind you, as his turn 1 utility would remain unchanged - he could still boost a 100-speed DPS to the front of the line without issues. He'd just no longer be quite the insane monster he is when the enemy survives more than a single turn.

I don't see them leaving any of them untouched. I fully expect to see nerfs getting tossed around left and right in the upcoming balance pass. What I'd really like to see, however, is a fundamental retooling of how defense teams work. Letting us assign a defense team soul burner, for example, would dramatically change the way the game is played. As it is... defense teams continue to converge on 0% win ratios. Many of us are probably already there, especially with C. Armin's nerf. There's no way they're gonna just ignore this.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
They could very easily "nerf" Iseria by making her reduce cooldowns by 5 turns instead of straight up resetting them.

Agreed.

It'd be extremely easy for them to nerf him by cutting his S2 CR boost in half and adding an extra turn of CD on top.

I'm not for this because you're nerfing a character because of an artifact.

Are you really sure you want an assigned soulburn unit to be a thing with current Basar running around?

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

Tamaseria was already dominant before the latest banner, their only real counter was ML Baal who people got nerfed and has now probably been traded in by the majority of people who had him. I never really got the complaints about Dizzy after her first few months because this combo just walks right through her.....

Tamaseria wrecked tank teams > Tamaseria gets cut by ML Baal > AuxLots Sez Windrider goes before ML Baal > AuxLots Sez Windrider had trouble sometimes with the tankiest teams

Now it's Judge Kise instead of Sez and Basar/Tywins teams have joined the party only really held back by a lack of 2-3 maxed Taghels... oh wait nevermind, look what's in the artifact shop!

They will let you turn on self imprints in the future, I don't think it's going to be a like for like ability, but will be interesting too see.... because someone like Watcher Schuri's would have to be pretty damn good to turn off his speed imprint if you had him @ SSS.

I'm not spending my slates and dupe nat 5s until they reveal what they are doing with these self buffs.

Are you really sure you want an assigned soulburn unit to be a thing with current Basar running around?

I heard the rank 1 global player has a 260 speed Basar on his defense team, like how would you even beat that if he was an assigned soul burn unit? Guess we'll find out how that feels later in RTA....

Last edited:

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I really don't think that Iseria or Tam need a nerf. Let's not pretend that offense win rates weren't already high, for one. Two, you can still win against it on defense. It's not invincible. It's not as if ppl who use the combo never refresh and just attack every team they see. Against certain teams it works well, just like my W Schuri team. Once I removed Dizzy from my defense team, the number of Tam-iseria attacks I faced decreased from a billion to just a handful. Ppl just need to adjust.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
heard the rank 1 global player has a 260 speed Basar on his defense team, like how would you even beat that if he was an assigned soul burn unit? Guess we'll find out how that feels later in RTA....

You don't haha.

I was up against a Basar, SS Bell, Dizzy and Diene this morning.

It went Basar > Diene > Dizzy > SS Bell.

Tags. Rod. Crown. RSD

The only way I won was by using A. lots, who was still slower than Basar, to push ML Ken the front and S3.

He didn't manage to strip Ken of immunity, but that's just dumb luck because he stripped Momo.

My momo goes after their Diene so I reapplied immunity on Ken since the set obviously ran out.

Therefore it just ended with them being countered to death as they attacked.

My 21K HP F. Maya was dead during the first rotation.

That's just Challenger 4/5.

I think the way effectiveness and resistance works may need a slight rework. I don't want Basar nerfed, as the dispel very necessary, but being stripped and then being at the mercy of Dizzy.....who lands ALL her debuffs regardless of miss on top of SS Bell.

Yes, you could use Destina, regardless she would be stripped and pushed back anyway. And with the way Abyssal Crown works in conjunction with Dizzy's speed, she'll just end up stunned.

.......All of the above makes just a very toxic recipe.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
I really don't think that Iseria or Tam need a nerf. Let's not pretend that offense win rates weren't already high, for one. Two, you can still win against it on defense. It's not invincible. It's not as if ppl who use the combo never refresh and just attack every team they see. Against certain teams it works well, just like my W Schuri team. Once I removed Dizzy from my defense team, the number of Tam-iseria attacks I faced decreased from a billion to just a handful. Ppl just need to adjust.

I also agree with this.

I find the community a bit funny when it comes to unit synergy.

People want Tammy + Iseria nerfed because they work so well together.

...Yet Nobody wants to use ML Sez with other stun units & he pretty much nukes anyone stunned straight off the planet. He's "garbage". *shrug*

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah I was looking at the top 100 defenses last night and it is littered with Basar.

I'm around a 90% win rate in Challenger right now, could be higher but I goof off challenging ML Ken's, but my defense already has over 50 losses three days into the week. I'm sitting in Challenger III and am going to stone my way to Champion later this week, probably Sunday night, but I need a defense so I was studying the top teams. Seems you can make a competent defense team out of Basar, Dizzy, Seallona as long as Basar is ridiculously fast with good effectiveness (hello S3 gear?)

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Yeah I was looking at the top 100 defenses last night and it is littered with Basar.

I'm around a 90% win rate in Challenger right now, could be higher but I goof off challenging ML Ken's, but my defense already has over 50 losses three days into the week. I'm sitting in Challenger III and am going to stone my way to Champion later this week, probably Sunday night, but I need a defense so I was studying the top teams. Seems you can make a competent defense team out of Basar, Dizzy, Seallona as long as Basar is ridiculously fast with good effectiveness (hello S3 gear?)

Man I wish I recorded the fight so I could show you especially after you asked, lol.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
...Yet Nobody wants to use ML Sez with other stun units & he pretty much nukes anyone stunned straight off the planet. He's "garbage". *shrug*

I'm kinda hesitant in trading in my ML Ara because she's like the key unit to pair up with ML Sez if I ever got one and the new Basar just enables them. I would like to try and run a team like Basar/ML Ara/ML Sez/C. Merc (or whoever) one day... and I can actually make it happen if I trade AVil and Carmin (just pulled a new Carmin a few days ago so I can trade my old one)

Don't think I have the gear to pull it off though.... but still not sure what to do with ML Ara... don't really need Kise atm and I'm hoping to pull her off mystics anyway, do I grab ML Ken just to get a few % better on defense lol?

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
I'm kinda hesitant in trading in my ML Ara because she's like the key unit to pair up with ML Sez if I ever got one and the new Basar just enables them. I would like to try and run a team like Basar/ML Ara/ML Sez/C. Merc (or whoever) one day... and I can actually make it happen if I trade AVil and Carmin (just pulled a new Carmin a few days ago so I can trade my old one)

Don't think I have the gear to pull it off though.... but still not sure what to do with ML Ara... don't really need Kise atm and I'm hoping to pull her off mystics anyway, do I grab ML Ken just to get a few % better on defense lol?

I recalled my Aramintha...for Aramintha. I like the unit but since she won't she proper usage for a while I just wanted the resources.

I have Baal to trade, but his current position is SO bad that they'll definitely buff him and that's what has me a little hesitant to trade him.

I only have to pick between Kise, Spec teneb & Ruele. I don't want D. Corvus.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I recalled my Aramintha...for Aramintha. I like the unit but since she won't she proper usage for a while I just wanted the resources.

I have Baal to trade, but his current position is SO bad that they'll definitely buff him and that's what has me a little hesitant to trade him.

I only have to pick between Kise, Spec teneb & Ruele. I don't want D. Corvus.

The reason I'd keep units like Baal is that they do things other units can't. J Kise is great, but really, she's just a cleaver. That's not unique. In the future, the game could change in a way, like new units, artifacts or RTA, that greatly change the value of units like Baal. I think RTA is going to completely shake up the meta. Currently, the value of so many units revolves around abusing the AI.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I'm real curious how RTA is going to pan out in ranking like challenger. Like my current strategy completely falls apart. Someone could ban Roozid or J.Kise and my cleave falls apart. I can only bring one back-up so if I bring two CR pushers I have no damage output when J.Kise is banned and if I bring two damage output I have no CR pusher when Roozid is banned. I imagine there will be a lot of bluffing going on.

Tank/Bruiser teams are going to be the safest bet because you can swap one in for another relatively easily.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I'm not for this because you're nerfing a character because of an artifact.

Aux Lots has always been overpowered. It's not just because of Spirit's Breath. A 2-turn cooldown on a skill that powerful, really? You think that's even remotely balanced? His nerf is inevitable. On offense he's easily the most prevalent unit in challenger+, which is saying something since he doesn't even have a rate-up or a pity. Imagine if he were as free as Dizzy or SS Bellona - he would literally make up 99% of offense teams. There is like one counter in the game (an absurdly geared out DPS Sol) and that's a specific solution for one team composition that is very easily countered with an alternative team composition, hence why no one bothers.

And yes, assigning a soulburn unit would expose the existing balance issues in a way that is considerably more visible than when only offense teams can soulburn. Is that a problem? If there are serious balance issues with soulburns present then let everyone see it. It's Smilegate and Super Creative's problem to solve. Hiding it by making it offense-only simply punts the problem down the line to RTA. They have to address it at some point.
Against those teams that it works against they have a 100% win rate. For those other teams you have alternative team compositions that are equally as effective.

The game has serious issues in arena right now and I don't see them just ignoring it like it's all gravy. Offense teams are far more powerful than defense teams in every respect. Arena ratings are now even more meaningless than before as the only factors are now how many flags you're willing to spend, whether or not you have the specific character compositions needed to build those absurdly effective offense teams, and whether or not your gear is within +/-20% of the opponent's rolls. There is very little strategy involved. They need introduce some kind of wrench into the works to prevent players from getting complacent. Nerfing the primary offense teams in some way is a start, but I regard it as little more than that; they'd need to fundamentally retool how arena works to prevent this from happening in the first place.

Also, I have no idea what you're running to stop people from using TamIseria teams on you, but I don't run Dizzy (I don't even have her) and I still get TamIseria'd to death day by day. No one even fears C. Armin on defense anymore. It's amazing, really. There's nothing I can do. I've tried so many team compositions on defense and the solution remains the same every single time...

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
I'm happy offense teams are OP. I think it's good that if you are close to the same gear level you should be able to win and actually make some progress even if your pulls aren't great. Better than having to have the latest OP character or not being able to use any strategy than the one single that works.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
For the first time today (well yesterday but I did my matches this morning) I managed to secure 3 wins for the guild. Was really pleased as I didn't shy away from decent opponents. One guy had ML Ken and Dark Corvus, and had already snatched two souls from our guild, but Fluri + Spec Ten showed them what's good. Still a lot more to do (my defence team is garbage, bonus xp will help with that hopefully) but another milestone nonetheless.
Not saying I want this, but if they were to nerf one I would say Tam. Iseria's kit isn't innately overpowered. I would say Tam's kit on the borderline of op, but she's forced back from that line by her own detriment, which is then negated by Iseria. If they made it so Tam's S3 cooldown can't be reduced by an external source she remains the same unit, she just can't be used in HO in PvP. If they nerf Iseria she will be worse.

I think Laiza's thoughts of reducing Iseria's cooldown reduction to 5 turns is also a viable nerf.
People want Tammy + Iseria nerfed because they work so well together.

I think it's all about value. In the very worst scenario Iseria and Tam gives your dps an attack buff and your whole team a 50% CR push. In the worst scenario for Sez and Ara you miss the stun on all units, so you can't kill anyone and you have little to no defence. There's guaranteed value in using the former, where there isn't in the latter.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
How does Charles perform against Queen ? Will he be able to to dispel her buff consistently ?

Want a raid team that can atk her from the start and would 6* him if he is good against her.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Here I am feeling all good about myself taking down the normal raid mid bosses pretty easily and just get utterly destroyed by the end boss lol

I either can't do enough dps or can't keep up with cleansers

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Here I am feeling all good about myself taking down the normal raid mid bosses pretty easily and just get utterly destroyed by the end boss lol

Im also getting killed - just trying to figure out what to work towards xD
Still need the gear to pull this stuff off.

animus82

Nov 1, 2017
Welp, thanks to Aux lots and Juggs I'm climbing quite nicely. But my defense is atrocious. Same type of teams just cleave me back. I wasted my ML selector on DCorvus when I should have gotten ML Ken... but I didn't know I would be pulling Kise.

Any ideas on defense squad? Right now I'm using:

Charles: Counter/Elbiris
Dizzy: Speed/Abyssal Crown
Momo: Speed/Rod
SeaLonna: Speed/Mark of valor

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017

The queen fight really needs you to put up immunity at the right times. Make sure to put up party immunity with something like momo soulburned s3 before each pair of eggs hatch. That's before you attack the queen for the first time, and before the queen hits 50% health.

It also helps to have someone who can buff strip the queen once she's below 50%, because that's when she starts to hurt.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Holy crap. Kitty Clarissa can strip carmin's invulnerability buff with her s2.

I've been trying a bruiser team with her, and sadly it's been a lot more effective in arena than my cleave team, despite a lot less effort spent in building it.

Last edited:

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Holy crap. Kitty Clarissa can strip carmin's in vulnerability buff with her s2.

I've been trying a bruiser team with her, and sadly it's been a lot more effective in arena than my cleave team, despite a lot less effort spent in building it.

I've thinking about possibly running K. Clarissa & Yufine together after I invest in Yufine's S1 fully. I think it'd be pretty effective, especially considering the water unit nonsense.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I've thinking about possibly running K. Clarissa & Yufine together after I invest in Yufine's S1 fully. I think it'd be pretty effective, especially considering the water unit nonsense.
It's amazing how Kitty completely invalidates things like fast Dizzys and a lot of enemy team buffs. And the dual attacks lead to some nice burst damage.

I've been running mine with Sbell (I've been running Angie + kitty + fluri + sbell), but I imagine Yufine would work too.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I'm happy offense teams are OP. I think it's good that if you are close to the same gear level you should be able to win and actually make some progress even if your pulls aren't great. Better than having to have the latest OP character or not being able to use any strategy than the one single that works

Honestly If you're in the same ballpark gear wise you should be crushing defenses period

We have soul burn which is broken

We see the enemy lineup and can counter pick easily, I use the Tama Iseria shell with my 3rd and 4th spot dependent on the enemy team.

Obviously gear plays a part, 260 speed Basar for instance but I think a lot of people misplay on the character select screen and in battle and are happy to blame it on gear or a meta.... if I bring ML Vildred and Baiken against a Fire Corvus it's not this shit meta, or fire Corvus is Op or my gear that is at fault, it's me not bringing Watcher Schuri instead of Baiken

And this will only amplify once RTA is out because hey it's easier to say fuck this shit mode, meta is broken, had no gear, balance is shit etc than to admit you got outplayed.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's almost like my worst fears about how toxic arena/PVP was going to get with all these ML Selectors + MLs in covenant summons was right on the money. Awkward.

I've been on a 2-week vacation in Japan, so I've been mostly spared the nightmares. Just doing GvGs and stocking stamina.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Charles is good against everything except Karakanis.
Thanks !!
Unless i pull Tama later today i probably gonna 6* him.

Honestly If you're in the same ballpark gear wise you should be crushing defenses period

We have soul burn which is broken

We see the enemy lineup and can counter pick easily, I use the Tama Iseria shell with my 3rd and 4th spot dependent on the enemy team.

Obviously gear plays a part, 260 speed Basar for instance but I think a lot of people misplay on the character select screen and in battle and are happy to blame it on gear or a meta.... if I bring ML Vildred and Baiken against a Fire Corvus it's not this shit meta, or fire Corvus is Op or my gear that is at fault, it's me not bringing Watcher Schuri instead of Baiken

And this will only amplify once RTA is out because hey it's easier to say fuck this shit mode, meta is broken, had no gear, balance is shit etc than to admit you got outplayed.
I dont even have Tama or Iseria but i would probably drop the game if they get nerfed - just not interested in them nerfing these old ass units just because everyone thinks they should be able to win against every PVP matchup. I hate the entitlement from some of the audience - obv. not the case with everyone but you if you are a somewhat casual f2p player you wont have a shot against Uber Whales that spent endless time on the game, no matter how much they nerf certain units.

I like units like Iseria that have unique and OP skills. Aux Lots + Top Tier cleaver is also a mean combo....and i dont have Aux Lots either, doesnt mean i want him to be nerfed.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Well so far they've only nerfed units that were strong on defence, so we'll see how things are going forward. I don't expect a Tam Iseria Aux Lots nerf any time soon.

Today I went to the secret shop and saw both mystic medals and covenant bookmarks. I knew the rng was looking good so did my daily straight away. Got best girl Charlotte! I really wanted her on her banner but was unsuccessful, so nice to finally get her.

Status
Not open for further replies.