• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
What do your BBK builds look like?
Thinking speed crit
Atk% atk% speed on the right side or should I go critd%
Most BBKs I see are full glass cannon damage. She's usually teamed with buffers, CR pushers, or res units.

A lot of arena teams work by ressing or CR pushing her. If you don't kill her and her res units right away, she murders your whole team.

I pretty much swear by critd on the necklace for any dps who doesn't absolutely need 100% crit rate, but that's just me.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Had a few extra bookmarks so did a few summons on a whim and git A. Vildred! That was intense. Now I'm not sure who to 6* next.

Already got the following 6 stars: Vildred, Judge Kise, Angelica, G. Purrgis and Yuna.

Yhjnking about 6 starring either Lilias, Tammarine, A. Vildred, Yufine or BBK. Also got W. Schuri who cod be nice as a filler speed imprint and finisher for my arena team.

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
Had a few extra bookmarks so did a few summons on a whim and git A. Vildred! That was intense. Now I'm not sure who to 6* next.

Already got the following 6 stars: Vildred, Judge Kise, Angelica, G. Purrgis and Yuna.

Yhjnking about 6 starring either Lilias, Tammarine, A. Vildred, Yufine or BBK. Also got W. Schuri who cod be nice as a filler speed imprint and finisher for my arena team.
I recommend Tama for your PVE team.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Finished AT earlier and got lucky with another new unit. ML Coli - not what I've been looking for but anything is better than another 3* dupe.

Congrats on Vildred - nice pull.

You have a couple of units that would benefit from being 6* - what are your next goals in the game and what unit would help you achieve those ? Do you have the right gear or perfect gear + artifact combo for one of them ? Can't really go wrong with any of these.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Autoed the Tower the full way through and never used Stigma. Vivian is stupid good.

Bless the gold buff. I was down to like 100 gold yesterday and now I have almost 3 million.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I fell asleep doing tower.

If it's going to be this easy the floors that have hero or unique bosses they could have at atleast give them a gimmick similar to abyss/raid so that auto would not work or would take a long time to kill them.

Rahk

Oct 25, 2017

You appear to be missing an armour breaker.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Corvus nerfs are badly needed. He's one of the most frustrating things to fight in the game - he stacks up extra turns causing you to die to arena lightning, while he becomes unkillable even with multiple characters with elemental advantage. I feel like this nerf, while reasonable, will straight up remove him from arena as people only brought him because he was incredibly OP. The rest of his team didn't matter and he could get you defense wins by existing.

I have every other character on the buff list - this might advance my timetable on promoting Tenebria. I was planning to do it anyways as I have no red def break. I have two Kises so she'd be a cheaper promote, but not really dying for another single target blue and I have Judge for skill delay memes.

Already have a mola'd, 6* awakened Rin. All she really needs is a much higher proc chance on her def breaks and dispels, if not 100% when maxed. As it is, those things basically never land when you need them to, and it can be really goddamn annoying. I don't expect her to be Tamarinne levels of broken, but she's already usable and just needs a little push. I honestly thought they could fix her with just some exclusive equipment but if we get that and a buff then awesome.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to more Tenebria buffs, from the list she's my only geared 6*; I wouldn't mind if they changed her s1. Kise was stripped during an unequip event and I haven't been able to re-gear her. I've always wanted to try building snow domi for the reflect buff, so hopefully her buffs are good.

I'd love a reason to prioritize Assassin Cidd, but I don't think I can pull of the super fast hard hitting gear he'd need.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, I'll take a Spez buff, curious to see what it is. Have him Level 50 but just awoke and promoted DJ Basar so I'm low on light mats.

A little frustrated with the game right now, I think it's time for me to take a step back and go back into casual/hoard mode for a month or so. It's just frustrating to spend so much time farming hunts/tower and come out of it negative gold/leifs/craft mats and have zero real upgrades in gear to show for it. One of those "is this really worth my time" moments last night. I'll be around for dailies and GW as usual but I'm done farming, even during buff events. I've got some other games that I think are more worth my time right now.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
Spez buff. :D

It's time for me to begin levelling mine in preparation of this welcomed news. I was however really looking forward to ML Ravi being on that list as well....

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Beat Abyss floors 79 and 80 today which got me three moonlight summons: two three stars and a four star. And of course the four star was a dupe Guider Aither. Not even sure what to do with him, probably transmit him or use him as fodder. The only 4* ML I have zero use for

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Kise buff would be nice. I'll take an excuse to build her.
Corvus nerfs are badly needed. He's one of the most frustrating things to fight in the game - he stacks up extra turns causing you to die to arena lightning, while he becomes unkillable even with multiple characters with elemental advantage. I feel like this nerf, while reasonable, will straight up remove him from arena as people only brought him because he was incredibly OP. The rest of his team didn't matter and he could get you defense wins by existing.
Yeah, he's tough. I've lost matches by saving Corvus for last. My bruiser team just doesn't have the damage to cut through him. These days, I just try to cleave him or don't bother at all.

Hmm, I'll take a Spez buff, curious to see what it is. Have him Level 50 but just awoke and promoted DJ Basar so I'm low on light mats.

A little frustrated with the game right now, I think it's time for me to take a step back and go back into casual/hoard mode for a month or so. It's just frustrating to spend so much time farming hunts/tower and come out of it negative gold/leifs/craft mats and have zero real upgrades in gear to show for it. One of those "is this really worth my time" moments last night. I'll be around for dailies and GW as usual but I'm done farming, even during buff events. I've got some other games that I think are more worth my time right now.
I feel like I'm approaching that point where the progression falls off too. All I have left to do is build units out of interest rather than necessity, and slloooowwwly grind for better gear. I don't mind right now, but it is starting to get old.

What other mobile games are good right now?

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017

There kinda aren't a lot. All the most popular games are pretty stale. Last Cloudia is out in two weeks apparently, and Arknights will be out this winter. But as for games that are actually out now? It's all pretty stale. JP is complacent because it just leans on IPs too much and Korea is just making AFK MMOs. China is truly the only region that is releasing anything of quality.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I don't really think Tenebria needs more buffs. She needs the meta to change.

Kise needs her multipliers increased. Her skills are fine otherwise.

Rin buffs will be interesting. I feel like she is more of a PVE unit and I use her quite a bit.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't really think Tenebria needs more buffs. She needs the meta to change.

Kise needs her multipliers increased. Her skills are fine otherwise.

Rin buffs will be interesting. I feel like she is more of a PVE unit and I use her quite a bit.
Kise S2 and S3 already do great damage, but S2 is reliant on having stealth active.

Her S1 is just a standard hit someone S1 wiht a minor buff that it does extra damage to shields. So thats the main place I expect a greater buff to utility.

If they make her S3 better at 1 shotting though I wouldnt complain.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
I think if Tenebria was Earth or Water she would be really good. Game just kept on making OP water limiteds that she never really got a chance to shine.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Kise S2 and S3 already do great damage, but S2 is reliant on having stealth active.

Her S1 is just a standard hit someone S1 wiht a minor buff that it does extra damage to shields. So thats the main place I expect a greater buff to utility.

If they make her S3 better at 1 shotting though I wouldnt complain.

Your Kise is the exception not the rule. I've seen her build.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Specimen Sez buff :o I've always wanted him to be good. Looking forward to seeing the changes.

I was actually thinking of bringing Rin back recently as I was expecting some exclusive gear soon and I like her design. Nice to see she's getting some love.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I use Tenebria on my fire teams , while not essential she is decent and mages have some good artifacts to go with it , but obviously I welcome any buff. Normal Kise I got a dupe recently but was debating which Kise I use to 6* , J kise memory imprint is not that great I think I will go with normal Kise first , less one dog to 6* and I think she is decent even without the buff, don't have any water thief 6* too

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

I've always been a huge fan of Puzzle and Dragons and it has regular content updates and is plenty generous with currency. Another rabbit hole though since it's been established for years so the amount of content available is massive. Team building with tons of mechanics, deceptively deep game.

I'm going to work through Borderlands 3, Destiny expansion, and Zelda Links Awakening and get back into more indie games on the Switch. I got away from console gaming the last year because of the kids but things are stabilizing now where I can probably dip back and stop sinking so much unnecessary time into Gacha's. I really enjoy Epic 7, not putting it down, just slowing my roll on the gearing craziness.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
There kinda aren't a lot. All the most popular games are pretty stale. Last Cloudia is out in two weeks apparently, and Arknights will be out this winter. But as for games that are actually out now? It's all pretty stale. JP is complacent because it just leans on IPs too much and Korea is just making AFK MMOs. China is truly the only region that is releasing anything of quality.
Lol AFK MMOs is right. So many games are just about sitting there and letting your phone play itself. Including E7.

I've been wondering about Pokémon Masters, but hype around that seems to have died fast for whatever reason.

I've always been a huge fan of Puzzle and Dragons and it has regular content updates and is plenty generous with currency. Another rabbit hole though since it's been established for years so the amount of content available is massive. Team building with tons of mechanics, deceptively deep game.

I'm going to work through Borderlands 3, Destiny expansion, and Zelda Links Awakening and get back into more indie games on the Switch. I got away from console gaming the last year because of the kids but things are stabilizing now where I can probably dip back and stop sinking so much unnecessary time into Gacha's. I really enjoy Epic 7, not putting it down, just slowing my roll on the gearing craziness.
Yeah, it's nice to be able to dip back into more involved games once the kids get on a schedule that allows for a bit of free time. I got some good gaming in once my kid started sleeping through the night. Knocked out some real good games like Dishonoured 2 and Sekiro.

I've been too tired to play anything too involved lately, but hopefully I can get back into it later. I've been meaning to go through the ffxiv story because I've heard great things about it, but I'm just not sure if I should take the plunge right now.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Nice to see Kise, Tenebria and ML Zerato get a buuf(which I own all :P)

scored BBK yesterday from mystice as well so pretty good week for me!

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I think I'm gonna take a break and just do a daily login until pets get added for the auto-chest and auto-repeating. I saw the buff events and I realized I just can't be asked anymore to waste time constantly shuffling and leveling fodder to 6-star someone or spend hours manually clicking repeat to make minimal gear progress. I'm also astounded at how long the daily routine takes compared to every other gacha I've played recently. The game's fine as a "turn your brain off and mindlessly grind" time waster, I just don't need that in my daily gacha rotation right now with my time being more limited. Also been getting back into some card games which has been fun. My condolences to anyone who takes E7's PvP seriously.

Last edited:

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm gonna take a break and just do a daily login until pets get added for the auto-chest and auto-repeating. I saw the buff events and I realized I just can't be asked anymore to waste time constantly shuffling and leveling fodder to 6-star someone or spend hours manually clicking repeat to make minimal gear progress. I'm also astounded at how long the daily routine takes compared to every other gacha I've played recently. The game's fine as a "turn your brain off and mindlessly grind" time waster, I just don't need that in my daily gacha rotation right now with my time being more limited. Also been getting back into some card games which has been fun. My condolences to anyone who takes E7's PvP seriously.
Yeah the dailies take a little bit of time, especially arena. I wish it was quicker.

I don't really play arena because I hate it, but I take guild wars quite seriously. I find the 3v3 format quite fun and a lot less frustrating.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Npc arena definitely feels like a chore. Just repeat the same few fights in exactly the same way every day, and click through the dialog while you're at it. It's just busywork.

PvP arena does suck, but I just try not to take it too seriously. I built a cleave team so that matches end one way or the other pretty quickly. It's a lot more palatable that way. I try not to take the losses too hard, since sometimes some unit or another is just faster or tougher than expected. I just take the loss and move on.

I do like GW, but I wish some of my units were more suited to it. I like CMerc but her current build doesn't lend itself well to 3-unit comps.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully one day the current daily rewards will be just log in rewards, and the busy work stuff will just be monthly tower/challenge.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Glad for Corvus nerf. He was pretty annoying to fight against when he keeps stacking S3. Though I usually have little trouble in pvp since I use SS Bellona and stun units against him.

Excited for Kise buffs. I just 6*'d mine after deciding my Ruele and C Armin weren't durable/geared enough to promote yet.

With all these buff events we get. I really wish there was some kind of increased drop chance event for catalysts. Adventure drop rates suck, AP is too slow, and my guild has stopped giving anything other than runes.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
With all these buff events we get. I really wish there was some kind of increased drop chance event for catalysts. Adventure drop rates suck, AP is too slow, and my guild has stopped giving anything other than runes.
The pet preview showed that pets increase catalyst drop rates, so hopefully it won't be as painful soon.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Npc arena definitely feels like a chore. Just repeat the same few fights in exactly the same way every day, and click through the dialog while you're at it. It's just busywork.

PvP arena does suck, but I just try not to take it too seriously. I built a cleave team so that matches end one way or the other pretty quickly. It's a lot more palatable that way. I try not to take the losses too hard, since sometimes some unit or another is just faster or tougher than expected. I just take the loss and move on.

I do like GW, but I wish some of my units were more suited to it. I like CMerc but her current build doesn't lend itself well to 3-unit comps.

My problem is that I have my units geared towards my various Arena cleave teams since I was making a push for Champion as opposed to GW teams. So I have a hard time figuring out a good offensive GW strategy. I kind of change it every time based on the opponents since I don't have a standard GW Cleave or Tank comp and that results in a dud composition sometimes like today.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Glad for Corvus nerf. He was pretty annoying to fight against when he keeps stacking S3. Though I usually have little trouble in pvp since I use SS Bellona and stun units against him.

Excited for Kise buffs. I just 6*'d mine after deciding my Ruele and C Armin weren't durable/geared enough to promote yet.

Do you gear your units before 6* them?

I generally will 6* and work out gear after they hit level 60.

How do most of you do it?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

Same, I don't gear anyone until I've promoted to 6*. Sometimes I'll gear them around level 50ish so they can contribute to 3 man hunts if its not Wyvern.

Some units I just run at 5* like Roozid that serve their purpose just as well at 5* as 6*.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017

Most of the time I do it your way. But sometimes I do it the other way round. Fluri is an example of someone I tested at LV.50 first, since she only needed speed and effectiveness (and some hp) for what I wanted her to do in PvP. Later I promoted her to 6* when she "passed the test" so to speak, so I could make her a lot more bulky.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
My problem is that I have my units geared towards my various Arena cleave teams since I was making a push for Champion as opposed to GW teams. So I have a hard time figuring out a good offensive GW strategy. I kind of change it every time based on the opponents since I don't have a standard GW Cleave or Tank comp and that results in a dud composition sometimes like today.
Yup. My GW teams are basically gimped Arena teams. I have no true cleave in GW because my CMerc only works with the three supporting units I built her with in arena.

Bruiser GW teams are easier to make because it's easy to slap SSB and Dizzy with some protection and sustain, but it's hard to pick a target that works well for my speed team.

I usually only gear them when I want them to be useful in earnest. If they can do work at 50, which is often the case for CR pushers, then I'll gear them and run them at 50. But for other units, I usually 6* them.

If I'm not sure about a unit, I'll take them to 50, gear them, then see how useful they are. If they seem promising, then I go ahead and 6* them.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017

If I care about them I'll put some leftover gear, if they're meta I'll aim for something suited for them. If they're trash I'll leave them naked and level them like a phantasma. I generally have a minimum threshold I like to keep, and if I don't have the right gear I won't even bother going to 6*. My Ruele for example has a ton of flat hp items and barely any defense. She has immunity, but in pvp she barely has any moment to use a revive properly.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Uggghhhh I keep just brain farting on these GW match-ups. Brough Lilias/Baiken/J.Kise against Baiken/Vildred/ML Ken with the idea that I'd push back with Lilias, Baiken would S2->S3 ML Ken to chip him down and J.Kise would finish off with an S3 and cooldown Baiken and Vildred (if not kill them).

Match starts, hit S3. Baiken flies in to attack ML Ken. FUCK not Lilias. Push back Vildred/Baiken go with J.Kise S3 and ML Ken survives alone with 5% health and just wipes my whole team. Had I just paid attention and gone S2->S3 I would have won.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
It's funny how this goes, just got this from ML bookmarks:
Screenshot_2019-10-04-22-14-39-688_com.stove.epic7.google.png

And also today, they said speciman sez would be buffed on a future patch.
I'm not too hopeful, it's clearly not one of the ML5 I would like, but I cannot complain much.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
I don't really play arena because I hate it, but I take guild wars quite seriously. I find the 3v3 format quite fun and a lot less frustrating.
I recall there being a lot of noise about how the ML selectors from the nerfs were really ruining people's experience on the PvP side of things. Maybe that wasn't the case for guild wars, but any PvP experience that literally gets worse from people just being able to pick what they bring sounds horrendously balanced, and not worth getting too invested in. "These problematic things were less of a problem because less people had access to them" sounds like a hilariously bad state for any PvP game to be in.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Uggghhhh I keep just brain farting on these GW match-ups. Brough Lilias/Baiken/J.Kise against Baiken/Vildred/ML Ken with the idea that I'd push back with Lilias, Baiken would S2->S3 ML Ken to chip him down and J.Kise would finish off with an S3 and cooldown Baiken and Vildred (if not kill them).

Match starts, hit S3. Baiken flies in to attack ML Ken. FUCK not Lilias. Push back Vildred/Baiken go with J.Kise S3 and ML Ken survives alone with 5% health and just wipes my whole team. Had I just paid attention and gone S2->S3 I would have won.
I don't know why but you and I have been in sync with misplaying recently lol. One of us has to get back on track to get the other one out of this cycle.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Got destroyed during GW - really need to improve my team setup for these battles.

Maybe im crazy - but sometimes in Arena/GW after using Kitty Clarissa S3 and following with her S1 (Dual atk with highest atk unit) - it procs the enemy Seaside Bellona S2....why ? I must be missing something but that Bellona should get at max 2 Focus points...right ?

Also any good 3-man W11 teams that dont need Rod, Idol Cheer, UBER Gear or General Purigis.
Would like to work towards one - right now i use Angelica/Diene/Seaside Bellona and Alexa.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Got destroyed during GW - really need to improve my team setup for these battles.

Maybe im crazy - but sometimes in Arena/GW after using Kitty Clarissa S3 and following with her S1 (Dual atk with highest atk unit) - it procs the enemy Seaside Bellona S2....why ? I must be missing something but that Bellona should get at max 2 Focus points...right ?
Did she active her S3 first? Only thing I can think of.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Did she active her S3 first? Only thing I can think of.
Hmm...i dont think so.
But even if that was the case - how much Focus does she gain from using her S3 ?

Also any good 3-man W11 teams that dont need Rod, Idol Cheer, UBER Gear or General Purigis.
Would like to work towards one - right now i use Angelica/Diene/Seaside Bellona and Alexa.
Edit:
Nevermind...just removed Alexa from the team for a fodder + gave Sebllona DDJ and still am able to clear it on Auto.
lol

Status
Not open for further replies.