• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
What are ya'll doing with your leftover labyrinth entries once you've cleared all bosses in normal raid? Are any of the regular labyrinths worth running?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I think the optimal thing to do is to run normal labyrinth somewhere and beat minibosses or something for ancient coins.

But to be honest, I get lazy and just let the tokens roll over for next week so that I can raid on Monday lol. Running labs and raids feels like enough of a chore as it is.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Well, I used the molagoras I got from the patch to skill several characters...but now I still don't have gear for them. Oh well, the neverending Hunts continue.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Finally got Lilias - dont know how or when im gonna use her but i like her design and im a sucker for units with Dual Attack options.
Maybe she could be part of a Raid team.
Well, I used the molagoras I got from the patch to skill several characters...but now I still don't have gear for them. Oh well, the neverending Hunts continue.

Heh....you always need something in this kind of game. You have Molas ? Now you lack the Catalysts ? You have Catalyst ? Now you lack the gear ? You have the gear ? Well now you are out of money and so on.

Never ending farming event.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
ML Vildred is better since he is dark so he can farm the harder stages in Unrecorded History which have elemental advantage over regular Vildred.

Not something I can personally vouche for since I dont own both and I wont pull regular Vildred next banner because I decided to use BBK as my full time farmer.
A Vildred > Vildred > BBK > AoE hero of choice.

A Vildred and BBK have elemental advantage, whereas Vildred just does stupid AOE.

Thank you both. Cheers for the tier list too!

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
How does ML Vildred compare to Vildred as a dog walker?

A Vildred S3 resets upon a kill so he just constantly spams it while dog walking. Hes best dog walker.

So I've pretty much been just been running hunts since the buff period started. Almost non stop. I have got maybe 2 or 3 pieces of good gear.

I dont understand how people get good gear. It just doesnt exist.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
What do heirs classify as good gear? Level 85+ epic with perfect stats?

I take my chances on 67-85 rare grade gear with 2 stats I need as my threshold to invest in I'll even take tower gear if they roll right.

Today raised a crit damage necklace for my BBK that turned out ok. actually made her my highest CP hero when i put it on her. Its not Legened Arena type gear but good enough for pve and challenger (hopefully) if one day I decide to climb up from masters.

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest

I take my chances on 67-85 rare grade gear with 2 stats I need as my threshold to invest in I'll even take tower gear if they roll right.

Today raised a crit damage necklace for my BBK that turned out ok. actually made her my highest CP hero when i put it on her. Its not Legened Arena type gear but good enough for pve and challenger (hopefully) if one day I decide to climb up from masters.

I think it definitely depends where you are at. Blue pieces I'm still trying to do without and move away from but some of my better pieces come from blue gear because that is the nature of RNG and we all start somewhere so these red 67 or blue 70 gear that carried me to the point I can farm 85 gear has stats that a lot of the 85 gear I grind do not. I have a 70 red chest I've been using since the beginning because I haven't found a suitable replacement for the 24 crit damage roll on it. 🤷‍♂️
Investment wise, I hold off on upgrading blues and reds with a lot of flats. I tend to upgrade in bulk. I'd put a few levels, usually 3, maybe 6 and see where the RNG lands me. If it goes poorly I feed it to the next piece. I'm at a point where min sub rolls are not really worth the effort unless literally every stat is useful and I'm lacking in the set+main options. The cost for enhancing is so high and I have so many pieces already that roll into mixed stats that ultimately leave me quite low.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

I'm at the point where in trying to avoid anything under 85 except red gear.

Also avoiding effect resistance unless it's for a tank/ healer.

Flats also ruin gear for me.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I'm at the point where in trying to avoid anything under 85 except red gear.

Also avoiding effect resistance unless it's for a tank/ healer.

Flats also ruin gear for me.

If that's your standard for what gear to keep, then good luck :) I scrap all blue but I'll def keep a purple. Eff resist is the devil but if it comes up on level 12 roll I'll keep going.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017

I try to get 85 purple gear or better, but I give 70+ stuff a try now and then if its stats are good, especially if it's red. The 67 epic speed chest from normal raid is excellent imo, and a very solid chest piece despite the gear level. I have several copies of that and I usually give one to my tanks or healers.

For example, this is my CMerc. She's my arena cleaver, so this is the highest combination of atk and critd I can get without seriously bastardizing gear that would be better suited to someone else. Surprisingly, most of the gear is lower than 85 because of good substat rolls.

CmkYeJv.jpg

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up the buff weekend with 9 million gold and spent around 8 million during the weekend. Pretty nice. Im out of liefs though so need to start stockpiling for the next buff event.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Hey, dumb questions, sorry if this has already been answered a hundred times.
I played the game quite a bit, I have a full team level 40 but i'm stuck ; Ras, Mercedes, Carrot, Aither, and I read a lot about rerolls, but my account is already linked to my google.
Do you guys think it's worth it to start from scratch and aim for reroll ? Because they are all 4 stars and I have a hard time finding new heroes.

I would have to delete my account right ?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I played the game quite a bit, I have a full team level 40 but i'm stuck ; Ras, Mercedes, Carrot, Aither, and I read a lot about rerolls, but my account is already linked to my google.
Do you guys think it's worth it to start from scratch and aim for reroll ? Because they are all 4 stars and I have a hard time finding new heroes.

Yeah, the account is quite bad if those are your best heroes - i would def. recommend to reroll.
You dont have to delete your account for that though - you can use the "Reset Server" option, to start a new game but still have the game linked to your Google account. You could also keep your current Server data and just start a new game on another server like Europe, Korea etc. (soon Japan maybe).

Also we are getting a new limited Hero banner soon - would be the perfect time to start again and reroll for that new Hero + Ken/Vildred and the usual top tier units from the initial free 10pull.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Cool thanks ! Yes i can reset the server, I was on the global one and now I can go to the european.
Do we know when is the limited hero banner ?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Crapping it up again in GW, my game planning has been sub-par. Also I hate Kayron's, totally forgot he comes with an immunity set 90% of the time and it always ruins my plans.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Crapping it up again in GW, my game planning has been sub-par. Also I hate Kayron's, totally forgot he comes with an immunity set 90% of the time and it always ruins my plans.
The Alkez Rarbusto rut continues.

Actually pissed I lost today because I played well, had the right team, and got rng'd to hell. One of those "there's nothing I could have done" kind of games.

Until the next war.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Vivian S2 killed Momo. But because Ken countered, apparently that negates Vivian's S2 from triggering the extra attacks. Cool game.

Fat Cat 15% dodge went off three times in a row on the enemy Lilias.

94% chance to crit, didn't crit.

I'm sorry, why do people take PVP seriously again? It's a joke.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Vivian S2 killed Momo. But because Ken countered, apparently that negates Vivian's S2 from triggering the extra attacks. Cool game.

I really hate that counterattacks interrupt additional turns/attacks. It messes up my J.Kise cleave a lot when Seallona, F. Ceci, or Charles interrupt with an Elbris Ritual sword etc. Also I'd love for Baiken's bleed explosion to proc before ML Ken's counterattack because half the time I could wipe an ML Ken without losing Baiken but instead he wipes Baiken and then dies.

Vivian's S2 also does not continue on Holy Sacrifice or other revive mechanics which I think it should.

The Alkez Rarbusto rut continues.

Actually pissed I lost today because I played well, had the right team, and got rng'd to hell. One of those "there's nothing I could have done" kind of games.

Until the next war.

Yup, I'm trying too hard to take on teams I'm not well equipped to take on because I know it'll prevent some of our weaker guild members from wasting attacks. So I usually over think the problem or set up an attack that relies on a very specific outcome of unit order/buff/debuff proc's and something doesn't go as planned.

I knew I was going to lose a Baiken to the ML Ken earlier, but I figured J.Kise would wipe Destina and Krau but I totally forgot since I wasn't bringing Vivian she wouldn't have an ATK buff. So of course they survive and nickle and dime me to death. I bring Seallona to shutdown Kayron but of course he has immunity buff, because everyone builds him with one but I just never attack him enough to remember that.

On that note, I'm super thrilled with Lilias ability to counter Dizzy in GW and hold Aurius to protect weaker units. She's a monster.

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017

Fat Cat 15% dodge went off three times in a row on the enemy Lilias.

94% chance to crit, didn't crit.

I'm sorry, why do people take PVP seriously again? It's a joke.
At this point I assume Violet and Asscart both have 100% dodge rate on any single target attacks. George has a perfect counter rate and procs that additional attack every single time.

Arena RNG is basically XCom RNG.

Kayron also seems to double cleave me at 1 hp every time, and I don't know if that's bad luck or just how his kit works.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Lol my last attack was foiled by a dreamblade miss. Had Lilias set up to push back BBK so I could delete with Lilibet and the fucker dodges Lilias push back gets an attack up and then wipes my Cermia giving me no hope of killing Ruele/Montmo combo left over.

We are getting wrecked by that tower. If it isn't the dreamblade in the first match it's the 200+ speed F Ceci protected by a monster strong Seallona and immunity ML Ken.

Wish I could replay matches for fun, I feel like I could have taken down both those teams with different tactics but the same teams.

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Lol my last attack was foiled by a dreamblade miss. Had Lilias set up to push back BBK so I could delete with Lilibet and the fucker dodges Lilias push back gets an attack up and then wipes my Cermia giving me no hope of killing Ruele/Montmo combo left over.

We are getting wrecked by that tower. If it isn't the dreamblade in the first match it's the 220 speed F Ceci protected by a monster strong Seallona and immunity ML Ken.
I haven't looked at the GW yet today. It sounds like we've been paired with another one of those teams again, huh?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't looked at the GW yet today. It sounds like we've been paired with another one of those teams again, huh?

Honestly we only have this tower left to unlock an easy main tower. But me, Alkez, and Foxmine got stonewalled and stingy and schmoolian drew so 5 of our top attackers went 0-3-2 lol.

Basic notes if you want to take it on:
First team Montmo/BBK/Ruele. BBK is slow but about 10k HP. Ruele is 20k HP with Water's Origin and Montmo is typical crazy Montmo. So need to bring heavy heavy DPS to wipe Ruele/Montmo even after you take care of BBK.
Second team F.Ceci/ML Ken/Seallona. Seallona hits like a truck, ML Ken hits hard and has immunity, F.Ceci is fast (over 200, I pushed back with Basar and my 180 Dizzy was able to act). Basically a stealth cleave team if F.Ceci puts up invincibility then ML Ken defense breaks and Seallona crushes.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Honestly we only have this tower left to unlock an easy main tower. But me, Alkez, and Foxmine got stonewalled and stingy and schmoolian drew so 5 of our top attackers went 0-3-2 lol.

Basic notes if you want to take it on:
First team Montmo/BBK/Ruele. BBK is slow but about 10k HP. Ruele is 20k HP with Water's Origin and Montmo is typical crazy Montmo. So need to bring heavy heavy DPS to wipe Ruele/Montmo even after you take care of BBK.
Second team F.Ceci/ML Ken/Seallona. Seallona hits like a truck, ML Ken hits hard and has immunity, F.Ceci is fast (over 200, I pushed back with Basar and my 180 Dizzy was able to act). Basically a stealth cleave team if F.Ceci puts up invincibility then ML Ken defense breaks and Seallona crushes.
Oh geez, both of those teams sound real bad. 20k hp with water's origin sounds too tough for me to cut through with cdom. What's the estimated speed of the first team?

Second team sounds like I might be able to lame it out with Dizzy or SBell, provided I can make Fluri provoke to prevent fceci's fast s3. But my Fluri probably isn't fast enough for that.

Oh, and an obligatory shoutout to how much Water's Origin Ruele sucks. She is so stupidly tanky with that.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Oh geez, both of those teams sound real bad. 20k hp with water's origin sounds too tough for me to cut through with cdom. What's the estimated speed of the first team?

Second team sounds like I might be able to lame it out with Dizzy or SBell, provided I can make Fluri provoke to prevent fceci's fast s3. But my Fluri probably isn't fast enough for that.

Oh, and an obligatory shoutout to how much Water's Origin Ruele sucks. She is so stupidly tanky with that.

Nobody faster than ~180, my Lilias acted first with some room to spare. BBK is less than 150 but more than 130 but both Ruele and Montmo were faster, BBK was last in the line-up.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Geez I tried hell raid and couldn't beat either boss. So just ran around fighting the mini bosses and got awarded with a mountain of garbage :(

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Nobody faster than ~180, my Lilias acted first with some room to spare. BBK is less than 150 but more than 130 but both Ruele and Montmo were faster, BBK was last in the line-up.
Lol while I was wondering if I had better gear to give to my Fluri, Rokuren just went and cleared the tower for us.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Lol while I was wondering if I had better gear to give to my Fluri, Rokuren just went and cleared the tower for us.

In general our guild is definitely too impatient to wait for Rokuren to act, we definitely threw away a few hundred points trying to play hero.

My defense has been getting shredded the last two weeks as well, we get to these ranks and I'm convinced people just throw an ML Ken or A Vildred in there and watch them solo my defenses. I take a look to see who attacks me and it's typically people who have those in their defenses.

Last edited:

BlueGeezer

Oct 28, 2017

Depends on if the reroll process annoys you. You are behind everyone else anyway so at this point spending a day or two to reroll a 5 star might just sap the fun out of it.

But it's up to you. Carrot's SC is ok and get a Monty and it's perfectly doable if a bit more of a challenge! Obviously rerolling for a ken/sez/vildred will make it that much easier.....

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

We are getting wrecked by that tower. If it isn't the dreamblade in the first match it's the 200+ speed F Ceci protected by a monster strong Seallona and immunity ML Ken.

Wish I could replay matches for fun, I feel like I could have taken down both those teams with different tactics but the same teams.
Sorry I didn't provide notes on this one. I was playing during my lunch break and the first fight ended in a stalemate as I couldn't kill Ruele with Lilibet. Didn't even notice the dreamblade because I didn't miss first turn. The second one just obliterated me after Fluri missed her strip because yay 15% chance, and then a def break into dual attack killed Ruele, so I didn't catch any information.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Ah yeah, while I auto the game at work I try to avoid things that take focus; I do try and keep an eye on guild chat though for hard towers.

I don't think I'm stronger than any of our other top attackers though. I can field a Momo, D.Corvus, and Krau team that can generally push me to a draw at least. The second fight was a fight that might've ended differently if didn't hoard my molas so hard, maybe, the ML Ceci and Seallona were pretty strong. I had pushed the ML Ken to 1-2% after Yufine S3 -> Ken S2 -> Ken S1, but then lost Yufine; yielded to prevent further unit losses. Since Ken has no molas and Yufine only has +3 on her s3 there's a lot of damage I could pick up.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Ah yeah, while I auto the game at work I try to avoid things that take focus; I do try and keep an eye on guild chat though for hard towers.

I don't think I'm stronger than any of our other top attackers though. I can field a Momo, D.Corvus, and Krau team that can generally push me to a draw at least. The second fight was a fight that might've ended differently if didn't hoard my molas so hard, maybe, the ML Ceci and Seallona were pretty strong. I had pushed the ML Ken to 1-2% after Yufine S3 -> Ken S2 -> Ken S1, but then lost Yufine; yielded to prevent further unit losses. Since Ken has no molas and Yufine only has +3 on her s3 there's a lot of damage I could pick up.
How do you build your Yufine?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Made it to Challenger Tier in Arena this week and i think im gonna have to abandon my Cleave team - just dont have the speed to compete and im more or less screwed if i cant start first and often even that wont be enough with just a single BBK and tanky units.

My goal is only to get my couple wins per week in so i can stay in Challenger - so im willing to have the fights take a bit longer as long as it results in a higher success rate.

Used Roozid --> Tywin --> BBK with before. Now im looking for a more reliable setup and was hoping some of the more experienced Arena player could chime.

Relevant units at my disposal:
SSBelonna
Diene
Ken
Tywin
Charles
Ravi
Yufine
Vildred
Kise
Kitty Clarissa
BBK
Angelica
Angelic Mont
Destina 5*
Lilibet 5*
Lilias 5*
Vivian 5*
Ludwig 5*
Basar 5*
F. Maya 5*
Assasin Coli 5*
Wanderer Silk 5*
Axe God 5*
Rose 5*
W Schuri 4*

What could be a safe setup to work towards so that i can keep my ass in Challenger ?

PS. I dont have Heroes Cheer and also am missing a bunch of the Top Tier limited Artifacts.

Edit:
Wouldnt mind some input on a defense lineup as well even though offense team is the focus for now since my Cleave team aint cutting it anymore.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
She has the exclusive equip for 15% silence chance, as for artifact I've been moving between Ulberius Tooth and Hell Cutter. I guess she's built for damage mostly, although she doesn't hit hard enough to nuke stockier foes.
How do you keep her protected? I'm usually scared of bringing units that have that much hp against teams I can't cleave because I don't trust them to survive turn 1.

Made it to Challenger Tier in Arena this week and i think im gonna have to abandon my Cleave team - just dont have the speed to compete and im more or less screwed if i cant start first and often even that wont be enough with just a single BBK and tanky units.

My goal is only to get my couple wins per week in so i can stay in Challenger - so im willing to have the fights take a bit longer as long as it results in a higher success rate.

Used Roozid --> Tywin --> BBK with before. Now im looking for a more reliable setup and was hoping some of the more experienced Arena player could chime.

Relevant units at my disposal:

What could be a safe setup to work towards so that i can keep my ass in Challenger ?

PS. I dont have Heroes Cheer and also am missing a bunch of the Top Tier limited Artifacts.

Edit:
Wouldnt mind some input on a defense lineup as well even though offense team is the focus for now since my Cleave team aint cutting it anymore.
I've been in challenger for a while so I could help, though I'm not pro or anything by any stretch of the imagination.

Out of your list, it seems that your main core of Roozid > tywin > BBK is sound, so I'd try to make that stronger. Winning with a cleave team in challenger is either about out speeding other cleave teams, or hitting hard enough to kill tank/bruiser teams, since you're more likely to move first there. So depending on the gear you have, you may want to go one way or the other. I chose to hit harder because I found that 245 speed isn't enough to win the speed war reliably past maybe Challenger 3 or so.

If you want to go more speed, you could add w.Schuri to have more oneshot potential, plus a speed imprint to help your Roozid along. You could either put Portrait to help Schuri land a oneshot, or Sache Ithanes so that Schuri's shot (while being weaker) may CR push the rest of your party on a kill.

If you want to go more damage, I think you're missing a damage boost on BBK, unless I'm missing something from Roozid or Tywin's kits. In which case, you could bring Rose or Vivian to help put up buffs before BBK moves.

Finally, you could add Vildred as a second cleave to go before or after BBK in the hopes that the extra cleave will help take everyone out. If you have dupes, I think he also brings a speed imprint.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I've been in challenger for a while so I could help, though I'm not pro or anything by any stretch of the imagination.

Out of your list, it seems that your main core of Roozid > tywin > BBK is sound, so I'd try to make that stronger. Winning with a cleave team in challenger is either about out speeding other cleave teams, or hitting hard enough to kill tank/bruiser teams, since you're more likely to move first there. So depending on the gear you have, you may want to go one way or the other. I chose to hit harder because I found that 245 speed isn't enough to win the speed war reliably past maybe Challenger 3 or so.

If you want to go more speed, you could add w.Schuri to have more oneshot potential, plus a speed imprint to help your Roozid along. You could either put Portrait to help Schuri land a oneshot, or Sache Ithanes so that Schuri's shot (while being weaker) may CR push the rest of your party on a kill.

If you want to go more damage, I think you're missing a damage boost on BBK, unless I'm missing something from Roozid or Tywin's kits. In which case, you could bring Rose or Vivian to help put up buffs before BBK moves.

Finally, you could add Vildred as a second cleave to go before or after BBK in the hopes that the extra cleave will help take everyone out. If you have dupes, I think he also brings a speed imprint.
Thanks for your input.
If possible I would leave the Cleave team business all behind for good and go for a more tanky setup that will get the win even if it takes a bit longer. Just not a fan of the speed battle..even though is could make my Roozid a but faster if I leveled some gear.

Tywins S2 is a crit+atk buff on him and another unit(BBK in my case).

The 4th members of the team I usually Basar or Gloomyrain(Speed Imprint) with Tagehel.

I always have to beg on the potential speed of the other group ...if I think the Dizzy of the opponent is faster I'll bring Kitty Clarissa and that usually works out well - but that's just one of the units that can completely mess you up. The Tanky ones with ML Ken,CArmin and SSB are really troublesome.

So yeah for my current squad improving Roozid speed and BBK attack power would be the way to improve the team. More damage through a second cleaver would also be an option but if my pusher isn't fast enough I'm loosing the round anyway. So it wouldn't change that much.

But I'm looking for a safer/tankier approach, since I have to skip too many encounters because of the speed gap.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
How do you keep her protected? I'm usually scared of bringing units that have that much hp against teams I can't cleave because I don't trust them to survive turn 1
When I do bring a squishier unit, it varies by fight; aurius, provokes, shields, color typing to funnel attacks, etc. Depending on the enemies comp I try to decide which units are suited based on what might be necessary to win balanced by whether or not that unit would actually survive at all.

I guess the main answer is that I often don't bring her, particularly if I'm expecting a lot of AOE. Yufine and Cermia are some of my stronger heroes, but I don't use them all that often in GW because they're a bit squishy. I occasionally take the risk if I think I can get the bulk of the damage pointed at someone sturdy. It also helps if we're just winning the war, I'll take more risks and sometimes it works.

If I had brought Yufine to the first fight with BBK I would've brought ML Armin and bet on the damage reduction to survive the AOE, which she may or may not have survived, and typing to pull the singles.

I brought her to the second fight where the goal was to remove ML Ken, get the other two hitting fire Ken(Seallona was already doing that due to type), and hopefully sustain as she killed seallona However, I failed at killing ML Ken and since Yufine was the squishiest she was targeted by ML Ken/ML Ceci and died.

Status
Not open for further replies.