• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if trading in for A Coli was the right thing to do. She seems good but I'm struggling to see a reason to use her over Spec Ten. I don't regret it because I think she's got a very cool design, but it bothers me that I don't use her.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm wondering if trading in for A Coli was the right thing to do. She seems good but I'm struggling to see a reason to use her over Spec Ten. I don't regret it because I think she's got a very cool design, but it bothers me that I don't use her.

You use her with Spectre Tenebria against teams that dont have AoE. Put Tagahels on Tenebria and make Coli as fast as possible so you can SB her S3 turn 1. I use Spectre Tenebria, A Coli and Krau.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Yeah, there's a translated banner with her on it, and (IIRC) she was a Halloween event for the KR server, so it's possible. I'd love that personally, I even have enough to pity for her. Been waiting a while for her to return.
I really need Vildred no so I'm willing to spend for him. I need a good banshee team and he is that final spot.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Took another look at my Arena team and realized that i never utilized Tywins Soulbourn. Leveled up my Tagehel so that i can Roozid S3 --> Tywin S3 SB- Extra Turn to his S2(on BBK) ---> BBK S3

And it improved my kill rate quite a bit (assuming i get to move first) - only issue are really tanky units and Revivers.
Immunity can also hinder Tywins S3, so maybe ill need to try to setup Basar to go before Tywin. After using Tywins Soulburn i also dont have enoughs Souls to burn BBK S3 - maybe getting Basar inbetween Roozid and Tywin will result in enough Souls for a BBK S3 burn.

Im out of resources right now but its good to have something to work towards to again. Should be enough to be able to stay in Challenger - assuming im keep improving speed on Roozid,

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Took another look at my Arena team and realized that i never utilized Tywins Soulbourn. Leveled up my Tagehel so that i can Roozid S3 --> Tywin S3 SB- Extra Turn to his S2(on BBK) ---> BBK S3

And it improved my kill rate quite a bit (assuming i get to move first) - only issue are really tanky units and Revivers.
Immunity can also hinder Tywins S3, so maybe ill need to try to setup Basar to go before Tywin. After using Tywins Soulburn i also dont have enoughs Souls to burn BBK S3 - maybe getting Basar inbetween Roozid and Tywin will result in enough Souls for a BBK S3 burn.

Im out of resources right now but its good to have something to work towards to again. Should be enough to be able to stay in Challenger - assuming im keep improving speed on Roozid,

Your 4th character can be another Mage to carry another Tags?

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Your 4th character can be another Mage to carry another Tags?

4th unit is already a mage - Gloomyrain for Speed Imprint.
Roozid // Tywin // BBK // Gloomyrain or Basar

I would need 30 Souls in total for Tywin + BBK Soulburn.

Right now im getting 20 from Tags + 2 from Roozid S3, 3 from Tywins S3+S2.

So yeah i would probably need to use a second Mage with Tag, but i dont think there is a mage that can replace Tywin for me since i dont have Aux Lots.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
4th unit is already a mage - Gloomyrain for Speed Imprint.
Roozid // Tywin // BBK // Gloomyrain or Basar

I would need 30 Souls in total for Tywin + BBK Soulburn.

Right now im getting 20 from Tags + 2 from Roozid S3, 3 from Tywins S3+S2.

So yeah i would probably need to use a second Mage with Tag, but i dont think there is a mage that can replace Tywin for me since i dont have Aux Lots.

Basar pushes the enemy back anyway, right?

So you shouldn't need Roozid to bring everybody forward anyway. Basar pushes them back, then Tywin bring your DPS forward by 30%.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
You use her with Spectre Tenebria against teams that dont have AoE. Put Tagahels on Tenebria and make Coli as fast as possible so you can SB her S3 turn 1. I use Spectre Tenebria, A Coli and Krau.
Ah yeah that's true. I don't have Krau but I guess it would still work with a healer to just tank. Ruele giving herself invincibility is helpful too.

I have been thinking to put book on Spec Ten recently as well. Giving Fluri an unblockable strip and debuffs on the first turn would help reduce rng, even if it's only 15% most of the time. I'm just worried about the damage without Kal'adra.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Basar pushes the enemy back anyway, right?

So you shouldn't need Roozid to bring everybody forward anyway. Basar pushes them back, then Tywin bring your DPS forward by 30%.
Yeah, that would be a solid setup if i had better gear - Basar is even slower than Roozid so i wouldnt be able to move first against most Challenger opponents. Barely made it to 230 speed with Roozid - i think Basar has like 10 Speed less if i gave him the same gear.

This still might be the best setup to work towards to - 2x Tags and Basar stripping off debuffs would probably increase my win rate to +90% if i move first.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Man if I shuffle some gear around I can get BBK to 4,000+ atk 60%crit rate and 198%crit damage
Doing this would ruin my Wyvern and Golem teams though :(

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
When I do bring a squishier unit, it varies by fight; aurius, provokes, shields, color typing to funnel attacks, etc. Depending on the enemies comp I try to decide which units are suited based on what might be necessary to win balanced by whether or not that unit would actually survive at all.

I guess the main answer is that I often don't bring her, particularly if I'm expecting a lot of AOE. Yufine and Cermia are some of my stronger heroes, but I don't use them all that often in GW because they're a bit squishy. I occasionally take the risk if I think I can get the bulk of the damage pointed at someone sturdy. It also helps if we're just winning the war, I'll take more risks and sometimes it works.

If I had brought Yufine to the first fight with BBK I would've brought ML Armin and bet on the damage reduction to survive the AOE, which she may or may not have survived, and typing to pull the singles.

I brought her to the second fight where the goal was to remove ML Ken, get the other two hitting fire Ken(Seallona was already doing that due to type), and hopefully sustain as she killed seallona However, I failed at killing ML Ken and since Yufine was the squishiest she was targeted by ML Ken/ML Ceci and died.
Thanks - that helps. I think I'll try to make my Yufine a bit tougher because I'll likely use her for GW.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Man if I shuffle some gear around I can get BBK to 4,000+ atk 60%crit rate and 198%crit damage
Doing this would ruin my Wyvern and Golem teams though :(
BBK is good in all hunts.

A well geared BBK can solo Golem 10 so I imagine she can fit in your Golem team. As for Wyvern She can do it but i guess it depends how badly she messed up your Wyvern team and if your tank/healer can deal with the cr boost Wyvern will get when BBK makes a move.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

A well geared BBK can solo Golem 10 so I imagine she can fit in your Golem team. As for Wyvern She can do it but i guess it depends how badly she messed up your Wyvern team and if your tank/healer can deal with the cr boost Wyvern will get when BBK makes a move.
Awesome. I went ahead and did it and can still auto wyvern 10. Now to rebuild my neutered Haste lol

Deleted member 8674

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Okay the game is trying really hard for me to give up.

iPhone 11 / IOS 13.1.2

First cutscene the game glitched and the cutscenes was on a loop. Download an emulator on my Mac, passed the first cutscene then started the game on my iPhone. Second cutscene and again the cutscene loop.

What should I do?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Could easily hit SSS with a couple tweaks. Either Lilias instead of DJ Basar or beef up Baiken attack in lieu of speed. Scrap
gear on DJ Basar right now with no mola's. Super easy to survive.

SW7AqbS.jpg

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So Vildred is the next banner character? As good as he is, it just feels like bait before Halloween. I do have enough for two pities, but I'd rather have enough for three just in-case a whole load of new characters are released in quick succession. All of the new characters in the last while have been great even if they weren't limited, such as Vivian and Lilias...

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
So Vildred is the next banner character? As good as he is, it just feels like bait before Halloween. I do have enough for two pities, but I'd rather have enough for three just in-case a whole load of new characters are released in quick succession. All of the new characters in the last while have been great even if they weren't limited, such as Vivian and Lilias...

I wouldn't pull for Vildred tbh. Save your bookmarks.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I'll probably go for Vildred. He's a cool character when he's not evil lol. Plus iirc he's he only 5* with speed imprint.

Glad Tooth is finally in the powder shop again. Should be able to get 3 copies by the end of the rotation which leaves me needing one more to MLB.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Might stock up on Tag's before the shop refresh. Already have one +30 and need two more for another +30. Be nice to just keep one on Basar and a max on Vivian for various GW teams.

Don't have a Tooth yet and would like to grab one though.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Bah, I am always low on charms to upgrade equipment/artifacts. Where is the best place to stock up on them? :/

If you have the gold to burn them go find Huche each day in Labyrinth and see what he has for sale. Also make sure you are using Alchemist Steeple to craft epics each week. Otherwise you can buy with Silver Transmit stones (accessory charm chests and greater artifact charm), Conquest Points (equipment greater charms), Ancient Coins (accessory charms) and Guild shop has artifact charms.

I personally run my dispatch as Conquest Points and Ancient Coins so I can utilize those to get more charms as I need them.

Also a good way to build up Silver Transmit stones is to level Friendship summon artifacts with themselves to complete the reputation reward quest-line. Forget the exact mechanics of it but I think you just need to level them to +3.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Oh, Uberius is nice. I never got a chance for that.

And potion vial dupes are good for anyone who needs those.

I'm starting to think I should try building up a few light/dark units for hunts so that I can just put good gear on them, and not have to gear several different colored units just for their respective hunts.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I will for sure be picking up Blood Stone. Other than that I'm happy for some quiet time. Let's me actually work on getting gear and gold for the units I already have.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Goddamn BBK rules so much lol
Survived a beating from a roozid/double Bellona/Vivian team with only 100hp left

Soul burn. S3. GG

RoaminRonin

Nov 6, 2017
I don't know why, but I pulled for Vildred. Got him within 42 pulls, now to sit in my inventory and wait in line for an upgrade.

animus82

Nov 1, 2017
Might stock up on Tag's before the shop refresh. Already have one +30 and need two more for another +30. Be nice to just keep one on Basar and a max on Vivian for various GW teams.

Don't have a Tooth yet and would like to grab one though.

I have a +30 and then I bought enough to get another one to +27. So I can dual burst J.Kise and CDom.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Thought will do some Mystic pulls for Bellona since Is a character I want and don't have yet, maybe I have luck on this rotation who knows, first pull in Desert Jewel Basar and Pity count reseted again, should have learned my lesson from A. Ravi , I didn't have much pulls in yet since getting A. Ravi but it kinda sucks (only 7 that I did on J. Kise banner before trading A. Vildred for her), "insert suffering from success meme", I will only roll now if I want the ML hero of the banner ...

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I have a +30 and then I bought enough to get another one to +27. So I can dual burst J.Kise and CDom.

My team rocks two, the second one is at +21 because I get enough moves for J.Kise to have soulburn up. But I open with a Basar Soulburn to remove immunities and barriers and push back. Push again with Roozid or Baiken (depending on the opponent), attack buff with Vivian, and then soulburn with J.Kise.

I'm trying to find a way to get Tywin on the team but I need the dual CR push to get J.Kise up before the other team can wipe her and I need Vivian as the second Tag holder.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
How do you guys upgrade artifacts to +30? The exp requirements are so steep near the end that they might as well be asking for human sacrifices.

I have a +29 tag, but so far I don't think I need the last soul from maxing it.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I only have a few and I generally save up the Epic Catalysts you get from some events/rewards for them.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat Abyss 90. I didnt use any new gear or units, just never used this combination before.

My team was Sol, Dizzy, Angelic Montmorancy, Tama. My Montmorancy is pretty weak so I never tried using her, but Tama kept her alive till the 2nd half of the health bar. I tried not using Dizzy's s3 at all during ML Tenebria phase, even before her s3 to keep her from speeding up. I even refrained from using Sol's tyrant rave in case he lands a debuff. At the end, ML Tenebria's double attack did just enough damage for Sol to survive with about 100hp. Then it was a combination of Volcanic Viper, Tama's attack buff, Tyrant Rave into one more gunflame to finish her off.

And I got my 4th ML Zerato for my trouble. Can't wait for his buffs.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
did a moonlight pull.

5* unit.

maid chloe.

damn it. it's two things I hate (maids and chloe) rolled into one.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Wish I'd used my luck on last nights Euromillions instead but got Vildred on my first pull like some kind of dirty lucksack.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
It really feels like they're cleaning up the story. Episode 2 has been a lot better and a lot more clear, and this recent side story has answered a few of the things that were really ambiguous in Episode 1.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Tag is my only +30 artifact. The cost as you get up into the +20's usually doesn't justify the extra few percent you get on a Proc chance or damage output.

Status
Not open for further replies.