• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Got ML Basar unexpectedly, adding him to the pile of units I need to level and figure out if I can use him for something with the gear I probably don't have. It's intersting to see that when I wanted J Kise I had to go to pity on her Mystic summon, but Basar who I didn't care about I got in some 25 summos where I was hoping for Bellona. Funny how that works. If nothing else, another one for my collection, I think I like collecting units I don't have yet more than I like trying to use them.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Awesome, decided to try much luck and do 10 pulls for Vildred, after needing 121 for Lilias, 8 summons I got Karin, Justice for All and Vildred. 35 saved up so far for whoever's next.

Jiraiza

Oct 25, 2017
MorpheusShowMe.gif

I'm out of catalysts but I'll probably invest in him soon cause he looks great. I wonder how useful I can make him.
zZ8Ta4e.jpg

Ænima

Oct 27, 2017
Portugal
Awesome, decided to try much luck and do 10 pulls for Vildred, after needing 121 for Lilias, 8 summons I got Karin, Justice for All and Vildred. 35 saved up so far for whoever's next.
RNG Gods love me in this game. I also had to use 121 for Lilias, but this time i had 250 bookmarks to spend before going for cristals. Got Tenebria, Crimson Armin and Vildred with 200 bookmarks.

SS Bellona and Yufine was another 2 past banners i wanted that i pulled in just a few tries as well. And now that i said all this i just jinxed it didnt i?

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
RNG Gods love me in this game. I also had to use 121 for Lilias, but this time i had 250 bookmarks to spend before going for cristals. Got Tenebria, Crimson Armin and Vildred with 200 bookmarks.

SS Bellona and Yufine was another 2 past banners i wanted that i pulled in just a few tries as well. And now that i said all this i just jinxed it didnt i?

I think I started right after SS Bellona, hopefully she comes back.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Can someone please explain to me why every time I go Dizzy vs Dizzy my S2 NEVER PUSHES ANYONE back and then their whole team laps me every time their S2 connects?
I literally just blew 300,000 gold rebuilding my Dizzy for effectiveness. What the fuck

Edit: LMFAO it triggered idol cheer just now so her S2 actually sped up the enemy and still pushed no one

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Tried my luck for Vildred since I've wanted him for months. What do you know, he shows up in 5 summons. A new record.

Another in the long list of damage dealers I have that need gear sadly. Why can't they bless is with another set like the adventurers path gear. My first one rolled horribly lol

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20191009-160541.jpg

Arena's so borked. My defense WL ratio is 6% while my offense WL ratio is 94%. Defense is meaningless unless you go for speed cleave (which turns it into a straight gear race as literally nothing can survive a Basar + Tywin + (insert cleaver here) cleave team), and most people don't go for speed cleave. I've just been cutting my way through the entirety of challenger with nary a pause. It's kind of depressing, really.

I'm glad the most OP bullshit (Basar aside) has been nerfed but the state of arena today feels kinda sad.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I was easily hitting champion 3 for months without too much strenuous effort - but arena is just getting worse and worse for me. That would be fine if I was just coasting, but in the last few months I have massively ramped up my gear grinding. I bought the big anniversary pack of leafs + started getting the monthly energy. Yet it just feels like I'm falling further and further behind, I barely got anything from 60-70 leafs spent during the last buff event. I used to easily win 100% of my GW matches, now it's a 40 minute slog per fight or I just draw. It's a struggle to stay above 5000 points in arena and most of the time I'm getting knocked way below, almost never get defenses now.

Makes me wonder why I even bother at this point.

Also I just found out that Tagehel's stacks with multiple copies - pretty sure I was told the exact opposite early on. Did they change the wording on the card? I know they've modified a ton of text in the game due to shitty translations. But yeah, how have I never ONCE heard of this until now, yet people are talking like it's an obvious thing everyone has been doing since forever? I've sold piles of them since I figured there was no point having more than a single +30. But since I don't have Aux Lots or Iseria, but I do have Basar+Tywin+Judge Kise, a second copy could be what I need to drop down a tier in arena so I can farm points without wasting hours of my life losing to SSB and Corvus.

Eh, who am I kidding, even if I got Basar to 240 speed and dropped to Master I'd still lose the race.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I posted a rework idea I had for Assassin Cidd on reddit: https://old.reddit.com/r/EpicSeven/comments/db0lez/a_buffrework_proposal_for_our_very_own_lost_boi/?

Still hoping he's in the pipe for a rework in the next balance pass. Dude really badly needs it. He's so useless as he is now. (Hopefully they learned their lesson and stop with the dependence of on-kill/on-death effects...)

Laiza, you should put this on Stove's forums before they nerf him. Again.

Your Swift Motion idea is the only way for him to do his job and is a good idea.

S3 needs work but I have no idea how to improve that.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Eh, who am I kidding, even if I got Basar to 240 speed and dropped to Master I'd still lose the race.

I run Basar/Roozid/Vivian/J.Kise as I was mentioning earlier with Basar at 236 base speed, so 244 with the Roozid imprint. I only run this if I see Dizzy's and then if there is no Dizzy I sub Baiken in for Roozid. I get outsped only maybe 10% of the time in Challenger 1-3. If I do get outsped I sub in DJ Basar (200 speed) for Roozid and just cleanse/push and just rely on J.Kise to buff strip. People just don't build fast Dizzy's all that often anymore. But the Double Tags lets me open with a guaranteed Basar pushback (except against Lilias) and then a Baiken push forward (if there is a Ceci or SSB I usually jump straight to S3 so she doesn't get provoked and/or trigger more SSB attacks). Vivian buffs and J.Kise pops. Very little survives and if they do they've been stripped so they are often cooled down.

Matches take 1 minutes tops each.

If I could field a competent defense I'd easily be in Champion. The team handles anyone from A. Vildred through ML Ken. Only one I really avoid is Corvus since the color typing is all off for my team.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

Uh... my Iseria is 226 speed and my Tamarinne is 211 and I rarely get out-sped in Champion..... defense teams are generally* not built for speed in this area.... this isn't exactly Roozid, Bellona, Vildred +1 speed defense from Master leagues back in June.....

*The top Basar defenses on global and asia servers with 270+ speed Basar's are obviously outliers.

Corvus, F.Ceci, M.Chloe, A.Ravi, Montmo, Ruele, ML Ken, ML Vildred, Fat Cat, Krau, C.Armin, Lilias, SSB, Counter-Dizzies, Charles are not built for 240 plus speed so you can miss me with the "My Basar will be outsped!" talk.

I'm eventually going to level my Basar up so I can run with 3 arena offense teams....

Iseria+Tama + 2 more. (currently using ML Vildred and one of SSB and Watcher Schuri, I'll probably level up BBK so I can convert ML Vildred to defense)
AuxLots/Judge Kise/C.Dom/W.Schuri
Basar/Ludwig/C.Dom and whoever ends up better out of Fire Tenebria and Champion Zerato (just pulled him a few days ago, more excited than when I got Dark Corvus no joke) after the upcoming buffs.

If I can get Basar to 225-230 speed I'll be happy....

Still need to six star Judge Kise, Ludwig and maybe C.Zerato.... hoping Fire Tenebria gets her soulblast changed to ignore effect resistance since mine is already six starred.... also need 4 more copies of the book artifact to have 3 max level ones.

If I could field a competent defense I'd easily be in Champion. The team handles anyone from A. Vildred through ML Ken. Only one I really avoid is Corvus since the color typing is all off for my team.

What's your defense right now?

Also I was starting to avoid Corvus teams because even when I won I was just annoyed by how long the fight was.... made my W.Schuri 6 stars last week and I don't even worry about him no more.... I don't think I've seen his S3 animation since my Schuri was built....

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
What's your defense right now?

Also I was starting to avoid Corvus teams because even when I won I was just annoyed by how long the fight was.... made my W.Schuri 6 stars last week and I don't even worry about him no more.... I don't think I've seen his S3 animation since my Schuri was built....

I pulled a ton on this mystic rotation because I wanted Schuri dupes to build up a W. Schuri for him and easier ML Ken deletes.

Right now I go Basar (Cursed Compass), Lilias (Aurius), SSB (Rosa), Dizzy (Abyssal). The hope is to buff strip any immunities and push back so that Dizzy and SSB can debuff. Most teams I lose to are speed cleave teams though with speed imprints. I tend to struggle on defense against zombie teams too. So 95% of my losses have an A.Lots with speed imprint or an A.Vildred.

Quick stats:
Basar - 236 Speed, 1.2k def, 12k hp, 114% eff
SSB - 161 Speed, 1.1k def, 10k HP, 3.3k Attack (83% Crit C and 262 Crit D)
Dizzy - 177 speed, 1k def, 11k HP, 3.7k Attack (34% Crit C and 165 Crit D)
Lilias - 189 Speed, 1.1k def, 20k hp, (32% crit c and 210 crit d)

Could easily make Dizzy tankier but I really need damage to beat teams otherwise I just get stalled out.

22% defense rate right now in Challenger 2/3 (I keep getting knocked back) and I started in Challenger IV this week. One issue is the volume of times I'm attacked as I get higher. I've been attacked well over 100 times each week of the past month.

I don't have any zombie units myself and my ML units are Spez, A.Ravi, and DJ Basar (basically all the critically panned ML units lol). I could consider promoting F.Maya or G. Purrgis. No C.Armin for me either. I have a pretty good Montmo (1.4k Def, 16k hp, 162 eff res, 167 speed).

Last edited:

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
I pulled a ton on this mystic rotation because I wanted Schuri dupes to build up a W. Schuri for him and easier ML Ken deletes.

Right now I go Basar (Cursed Compass), Lilias (Aurius), SSB (Rosa), Dizzy (Abyssal). The hope is to buff strip any immunities and push back so that Dizzy and SSB can debuff. Most teams I lose to are speed cleave teams though with speed imprints. I tend to struggle on defense against zombie teams too. So 95% of my losses have an A.Lots with speed imprint or an A.Vildred.

Yeah 236 Basar is not going to cut it on defense when it's too easy to stack speed imprints on offense... your defense is probably more an issue of gear than characters though obviously an ML Ken will do better at deterring Judge Kise cleaves compared to Dizzy.

5 Basars in Top 10 Asia right now, 2 Hurado's.... everyone wants to strip and push back.

Edit - Saw you edited in your stats... yeah J.Kise/BBK is killing everyone with their first attack except for Lilias who they will kill on the follow up.

They really need to add Defense replays so we can see why it isn't working.

22% defense rate right now in Challenger 2/3 (I keep getting knocked back) and I started in Challenger IV this week. One issue is the volume of times I'm attacked as I get higher. I've been attacked well over 100 times each week of the past month.

I don't have any zombie units myself and my ML units are Spez, A.Ravi, and DJ Basar (basically all the critically panned ML units lol). I could consider promoting F.Maya or G. Purrgis. No C.Armin for me either.

Spez has insane damage just needs something like a CR boost when any unit gets stunned or 50% CR push after hitting a stunned unit with S3... also needs more stunners, interesting to see what he gets. G.Purrgis might be a good shout to promote if Spez is made a lot better.....

I don't think A.Ravi is that far off from being good, could easily be overtuned when they get around to her buff... would like to see a damage increase on her and ML Baals S3s.... both are jokes right now, especially Baals...

DJ Basar... lol, feels bad.... no idea why they released another pre buff Tamarinne with a lot of the same issues..... exact same Zodiac as well....

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah 236 Basar is not going to cut it on defense when it's too easy to stack speed imprints on offense... your defense is probably more an issue of gear than characters though

Yup, that's what I figured. I had A.Ravi in there for a while instead of Lilias and the team didn't do as well. I've also tried a Montmo team. Problem is that I want to keep those units where I have them for other content too. Sucks that you have to have one set instead of a PvP and a PvE kit.

I could beef them all up, but without a healer I am then susceptible to tank teams if I cut my damage down. I could ditch Basar altogether and come up with a different comp but really without any of the premier PvP units for defense I feel like I'm going to fall short no matter what I do until I dedicate my god tier equipment to defense, which I'm not really willing to do.

animus82

Nov 1, 2017
Screenshot_20191009-160541.jpg

Arena's so borked. My defense WL ratio is 6% while my offense WL ratio is 94%. Defense is meaningless unless you go for speed cleave (which turns it into a straight gear race as literally nothing can survive a Basar + Tywin + (insert cleaver here) cleave team), and most people don't go for speed cleave. I've just been cutting my way through the entirety of challenger with nary a pause. It's kind of depressing, really.

I'm glad the most OP bullshit (Basar aside) has been nerfed but the state of arena today feels kinda sad.

Why not challenge yourself by not using overpowered stuff like Tamaseria?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand arena defense. I tried adjusting my defense team of celeste + cdom + ssb + Angelica this week because it doesn't make much sense in my head. It looks like half cleave and half stall, so I tried swapping Angelica for Dizzy for something more cohesive.

Defense wins went from 30% to 10%. I swapped Angie back in and it's climbing back to 30.

Maybe my team is getting wins because it's unusual? Maybe it's somehow tricking people into bringing the wrong units? I know that seeing odd team comps gives me pause when attacking, so I'm wondering if it's that.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I really don't understand arena defense. I tried adjusting my defense team of celeste + cdom + ssb + Angelica this week because it doesn't make much sense in my head. It looks like half cleave and half stall, so I tried swapping Angelica for Dizzy for something more cohesive.

Defense wins went from 30% to 10%. I swapped Angie back in and it's climbing back to 30.

Maybe my team is getting wins because it's unusual? Maybe it's somehow tricking people into bringing the wrong units? I know that seeing odd team comps gives me pause when attacking, so I'm wondering if it's that.

It's a bit tricky to analyze because if you move up too fast you' are constantly competing against top tier teams. For example, I was at rank 2000 within the Challenger league last night in high Challenger III. By the end of the week rank 2000 is going to be Challenger I territory. So if you are rising just as fast as the other Challenger I teams you'll have a harder time maintaining rank and also having successful attacks. Challenger III looks entirely different on the first day of the week than it does on the last day.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Finally beat my first Hell raid boss and got trash in return. Well in 10 weeks I'll at least be able to buy that nice speed weapon.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Why not challenge yourself by not using overpowered stuff like Tamaseria?
Because challenging myself is not the point. The point is that the game itself has very significant design issues that fundamentally prevent the game from becoming more interesting in arena. Gimping myself is not the answer. It sure as hell won't stop other players from running roughshod on my defense with their own TamIseria or Aux Lots teams.

If it were up to me, I'd:
  • Cap Iseria's S3 at 5 turns of cooldown reduction.
  • Add another turn of cooldown to Aux Lots's S2 (which wouldn't affect his turn 1 utility whatsoever, just his ability to boost the same target back-to-back-to-back with repeated Spirit's Breath procs).
  • Add a special arena-only debuff that reduces all damage, healing, and barriers in arena by 40%. (Basically, anything that involves numbers gets cut by 2/5ths.) This significantly reduces the absurd swings in arena and also reduces the value of getting the first turn by a ton. More balanced teams should arise as a result.
Bam, now people actually have to think again instead of just wombo combo cleaving their way through literally everything. Yes, things will take longer if you're used to just Judge Kise soulburn S2 -> S3 killing literally everything, but that shit should never have been possible to begin with. Teams that rely on single target nuking a defense broken target are probably unaffected - the current numbers are such insane overkill that nothing can survive even with a 40% reduction in damage dealt. Thankfully, there are countermeasures against that in the form of revive units and effect resist (and Kayron).

Laiza, you should put this on Stove's forums before they nerf him. Again.

Your Swift Motion idea is the only way for him to do his job and is a good idea.

S3 needs work but I have no idea how to improve that.
Heh. Guess I should do that. Gods know if they'll ever look at my post, though...

Tomasdk

Banned
Apr 18, 2018
Got into Challenger league finally, took a while. I'm not really planning to climb the ladder further, what are the conditions for demotion? I don't want to fall back to Masters, so I'll just make sure to avoid that but outside of that I think I'm done with the Arena.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Pulled Guide Aither - on one hand im happy about any new unit at this point. On the other hand this game refuses to give me any of the few 4* ML units that would actually help me out in a big way....bummer.

Maybe he will be useful for me down the line.
Guys I'm low on friends in the game. Can you guys send me a friend request? IGN TheAurizen. I need daily strong players.

Gonna add you later, unless we are already friends.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Rokuren

Want to give that ML Ken/AVildred tower a shot on Silver? It could hold us up for a while and I don't want to attack it as my first go and cripple myself.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Rokuren

Want to give that ML Ken/AVildred tower a shot on Silver? It could hold us up for a while and I don't want to attack it as my first go and cripple myself.
Well, I managed a draw.

I really need to build BBK or something to better deal with A. Vildred. Kind of hoping they add another extinction unit soon.

Edit:
I keep putting off building BBK. I think it's because her role overlaps a bit with other units and she's not really story relevant, she only showed up for a moment in the Christmas event. She's a strong unit that AOE cleaves with an extra turn mechanic that would help with a long time GW weakness. Yet the last time I ascended a cleaver it was Vivian. Now I pulled Vildred and even put gear on him, haven't ascended him yet, because he's Vildred. I think I'd up C.Meru above BBK too.

Last edited:

Foxmine

Aug 21, 2019
I run Basar/Roozid/Vivian/J.Kise as I was mentioning earlier with Basar at 236 base speed, so 244 with the Roozid imprint. I only run this if I see Dizzy's and then if there is no Dizzy I sub Baiken in for Roozid. I get outsped only maybe 10% of the time in Challenger 1-3. If I do get outsped I sub in DJ Basar (200 speed) for Roozid and just cleanse/push and just rely on J.Kise to buff strip. People just don't build fast Dizzy's all that often anymore. But the Double Tags lets me open with a guaranteed Basar pushback (except against Lilias) and then a Baiken push forward (if there is a Ceci or SSB I usually jump straight to S3 so she doesn't get provoked and/or trigger more SSB attacks). Vivian buffs and J.Kise pops. Very little survives and if they do they've been stripped so they are often cooled down.

Matches take 1 minutes tops each.

What are the stats on ur J. Kise?

Foxmine

Aug 21, 2019
Well, I managed a draw.

I really need to build BBK or something to better deal with A. Vildred. Kind of hoping they add another extinction unit soon.

Edit:
I keep putting off building BBK. I think it's because her role overlaps a bit with other units and she's not really story relevant, she only showed up for a moment in the Christmas event. She's a strong unit that AOE cleaves with an extra turn mechanic that would help with a long time GW weakness. Yet the last time I ascended a cleaver it was Vivian. Now I pulled Vildred and even put gear on him, haven't ascended him yet, because he's Vildred. I think I'd up C.Meru above BBK too.
I thought running the Baiken strat against A. Vildred was nice for a short while, but Its not working out as much. Thinking about rebuilding BBK too. I also am thinking about 6 starring SS Achates next...Seeing way too many A. Vildreds in low Challenger

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I thought running the Baiken strat against A. Vildred was nice for a short while, but Its not working out as much. Thinking about rebuilding BBK too. I also am thinking about 6 starring SS Achates next...Seeing way too many A. Vildreds in low Challenger
My Baiken's gear rolled a bit weird, I was never able to get the second kill with her s3. The times I have beaten A. Vildred teams was when I went a bit tanky and their gear wasn't monstrous. Lately I've been trying Maid Chloe + dps, as I was hoping it would allow me to handle the stronger ones while still surviving the weaker ones; but something always seems to go wrong so...

But how can I 6 star SS Achates next when C Dom is too cute not to 6 star...
The choice seems clear

Foxmine

Aug 21, 2019
My Baiken's gear rolled a bit weird, I was never able to get the second kill with her s3. The times I have beaten A. Vildred teams was when I went a bit tanky and their gear wasn't monstrous. Lately I've been trying Maid Chloe + dps, as I was hoping it would allow me to handle the stronger ones while still surviving the weaker ones; but something always seems to go wrong so...
I had the same issue with Baiken, i use mostly S2 Arena gear on her. Definitely wish i got some better rolls. Also if I had torn sleeve instead of RnL. Though RnL definitely works. Yeah I wish I had Maid Chloe, would be nice. So ill eventually 6 star SS Achates. For now I should have her built decent enough to use her for what I need, this edgy reviver.

The choice seems clear
It does doesn't it... Have you built SC Carrot yet?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Well, I managed a draw.

Edit:
CMerc is a great cleaver, but imo she can't fight against AVild either. If you're looking for an Avild counter, I'd say BBK is better for that, thanks to her extra turn.

Avild scares the crap out of me. I'm starting to build a bruiser team with SSAchates + carmin as an answer to him, because right now I dodge him as much as I can.

Foxmine

Aug 21, 2019
3672 Atk, Spd 136, 94 Crit C, 256 Crit D. Working on upgrading her gear for more Crit D or Atk but not having luck with rolls. She's paper thin though 945 Def, 8k HP, 50% eff.

Gotcha. Im rocking like 3200 atk 150 spd 52 Crit C and 285 Crit D! need to drop her speed. Also as you can expect I run her with C Dom

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
It does doesn't it... Have you built SC Carrot yet?
I did! She ended up a bit squishy but her kit's fun, if only I had an Ara to pair her with; I suppose Ken with Sol's artifact could help burn things down though. Although I'm a bit bummed I can't make a high friendship raid team with both her and Cermia.

CMerc is a great cleaver, but imo she can't fight against AVild either. If you're looking for an Avild counter, I'd say BBK is better for that, thanks to her extra turn.

Avild scares the crap out of me. I'm starting to build a bruiser team with SSAchates + carmin as an answer to him, because right now I dodge him as much as I can.
It was more even though A.Vild is kicking me around, I'm still tempted to level C.Meru over BBK in spite of her advantage there because she's a strong cleaver and has a stronger story presence than BBK.

I'd be saved if they released another extinction unit with a solid side story.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I did! She ended up a bit squishy but her kit's fun, if only I had an Ara to pair her with; I suppose Ken with Sol's artifact could help burn things down though. Although I'm a bit bummed I can't make a high friendship raid team with both her and Cermia.

It was more even though A.Vild is kicking me around, I'm still tempted to level C.Meru over BBK in spite of her advantage there because she's a strong cleaver and has a stronger story presence than BBK.

I'd be saved if they released another extinction unit with a solid side story.
Yeah, I like CMerc more than BBK too.

I noticed that Yufine has an extra turn on her soulburn. Would Yufine s3 > S1 with special equip be a viable answer to AVild?

I'd like another extinction unit too. I don't like lilibet's design at all.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017

I noticed that Yufine has an extra turn on her soulburn. Would Yufine s3 > S1 with special equip be a viable answer to AVild?

That might work. It should hit pretty hard, could also always s2 to silence the s3.

I've actually been meaning to try S.Tene Soul Burn S1->S3 as she can equip Tag's, and even if the s3 doesn't kill the second life it can stun; maybe pair with Fluri to help nail the initial life, I haven't used her in forever for some reason.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.

Yes. I use this method. Although I I maxed her S1+ have the arti.

Last edited:

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Hmmm I've done about 30 ML pulls now and no Basar or Karin but I did just pull my first Rhianna and Luciella so that's not too shabby.

Lavenza

Oct 27, 2017
Screenshot_20191012-210012_Epic_Seven.jpg

Made it to Legend for the rewards.

I don't think i'm gonna bother climbing anymore and just let myself drop to Low Champion/Challenger. Its just too stressful and my defense isn't good enough (lol basar cleave)

Status
Not open for further replies.