• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
65 pulls to Luna. Thought for sure I'd join the pity party

Edit:
Dragon waifu club is all here now
hS7oPmv.png

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Narrowly dodged the 121 club. Got a draco plate and a second ERS along the way.

Gold transmit stones got me yet another wanderer silk

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
So none of the boosts and/or chest opening unless it is on Auto?
Boosts are active regardless. Chest/Portal interaction is limited to when using the pet snack.

One of my pet skills is %event currency and it makes a difference on auto. A really small difference because it's rank D 2.5%, but a difference.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Any imprint concentration you guys are considering?
Cleansers with effect resistance is the only ones I'm liking so far. I wonder if this will allow Momo to prioritize speed even more.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
yet another gold sink...really not needed. Still bought 10 pet tickets because I'm a soulless gacha monster. Didn't get any S ones though. Don't really know what that means either because I haven't had even 10 seconds to read about this stuff.

Attack% imprint concentration on Judge Kise is tempting. I have a spare Kise and enough slates to get her to SSS if I wanted. But she's absolutely not a general use character for me, I'd rather give them to someone I use everywhere and/or is hard to find imprints for.

edit: does anyone get speed from imprint concentration? Don't have time to look atm.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Got two pets with A skills. Seems the skills go up in effect with affection so that should hopefully bump up the rarity too. Too bad affection seems like a long grind or expensive stigma wise.
One pet I summoned gave me a flash of light and it was shiny in the summon screen but it's not that way in my pet inventory so I don't remember which one he is. One of the fat royal cats, but I have four of them that are pallette swaps and they're all B and C skis so who knows. One has a crown so maybe he's the one?

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
Got two pets with A skills. Seems the skills go up in effect with affection so that should hopefully bump up the rarity too. Too bad affection seems like a long grind or expensive stigma wise.
One pet I summoned gave me a flash of light and it was shiny in the summon screen but it's not that way in my pet inventory so I don't remember which one he is. One of the fat royal cats, but I have four of them that are pallette swaps and they're all B and C skis so who knows. One has a crown so maybe he's the one?
Check the journal. It should show which one you got.

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I think I'm fucking done with arena. Every team is Angie Krau SSB and take your pick of opener. I spent a solid week building up Vivian to 215 speed hoping to get ahead of the Dizzy/Alots/S.Rose shit but nope not fast enough.. Not to mention everyone aparently God rolled defense and effect resist on those 215+ speed openers so I can't BBK crit kill or debuff

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Got two S's with the free tickets. One is 7.5% chance to get another item in hunts which is probably the best one you can get. The other is 4.5% equipment enhance EXP which is also great.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Got 4 Luna in 400 bookmarks. No Artifact. I wanted the Artifact but since her Self Imprint is attack its still good.

Numberfox

Aug 5, 2018
Played E7 very minimally until pets were added since I've been wanting auto-repeat since launch, and gave it a fair shake of spending around 500 stamina in the Side Story (half on 8 Stamina and another half at 30) to see what the pet snack drop rate was like. I got 2 snacks to drop. I have to say, this is one of the worst implementation of repeat auto-ing I've seen in a gacha. It'd be one thing if these were skip tickets, but the fact you need a resource just for repeat auto-ing is baffling.

Also summoned 28 pets and only got B or lower, none of which help catalyst or Hunt farming. Lovely. So glad it took them 11 months to implement this system.

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
Took 95 summons to get Luna. Luckily I got 2 artifacts out of it. Not like when I went to 120 for Lilias and with no 5 stars outside of her.

The pet system is needlessly convoluted and doesn't even address the issue that people had which was opening chests during auto. What's the point of all this? And you need a currency to open chests despite the feature existing. The drop rate is not great btw. I'm left very confused by this.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
They need to remove the need for snacks, it's stupid.

Everything is cool, if people wanna put time into that, whatever. But cut this snack shit out.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, been saying it for a while now. They took a simple request and made a ridiculously complicated system that doesn't even really address the original complaint. I do think in the long run it'll be fun and it's always good for a game to have some side modes that aren't directly tied to battling.

I'm not going to complain about poor drop rates or the enhancement system being time gated or poor synthesize rates. The extra chance for item drops is something I didn't have before, and I now have, so it's a very nice QoL update that might help reduce grinding over time. Saving 5% gold on weapon enhancements amounts to a lot when you spend 30 million every month.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Got two S talent from the free tickets , one was a special pet Cocoa 11.75% enhance experience, seems a pointless system (from the point of view of the player) just to monetize simple QoL

Last edited:

MicH

Oct 25, 2017
Took until pity for Luna... again. Didn't get a Draco Plate either but at least got four 5* artifacts

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I had spent 200 bm and another 100 bm from reputation/mail, i did not reach pity got her in like 20 pulls but kept going for the artifact and I needed 2 gold transmit for another ML which popped out a dupe G Purgis.

going to ignore pets for now i did not get the hunt one for extra equipment in hunt.

Ken or Luna for a first 6 stars ?
Whoever is your main DPS, Ken is great in general, but Luna is a Wyvern killer.

Last edited:

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Zero pet snack drops in 6 hours of farming basically means the auto repeat system is completely worthless.

They're cute, though. The cat's idle animation is kyaa.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
I've had 3 drops of 2 in my last 3 runs. But snacks do need to go.

I like the rest, it's not as convoluted as I initially thought.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Manually farm for 3 hours so you can auto farm for 10 minutes! (Disclaimer: you may be disconnected from the server for idle farming)

They seem to have fixed the disconnects

Don't get me wrong the snack system is super dumb. But I also don't see myself kicking off 50 auto-repeats since I don't do much catalyst farming, I have to stop every few battles to change out fodder/etc as is and I can only stock up so much stamina at once.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think i'm just gonna equip a pet with a good bonus, and act like they doesn't exist.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
Can anyone clear up the pet system skills? How does that work? Do I get one random skill and chose which I keep when synthesizing?

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
Got a couple of s rank pets; onc nets me 11% more side story rewards and got another that gives me roughly the same percentage for atlar...seems to much of a grind for repeats imo.

got a 2nd Luna in 5 pulls, was hoping to get the artifact but I wont press my luck.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Dont you have Vildred, Sez or any of the better farmers ?
Between those two i would go with Luna first since im assuming that you dont have access to SC Lorina and that Luna is gonna help you form a Wyvern team.
Correct, I don't.
Thanks both of you for the answers, it does confirm my choice to go with Luna.
I still have 450 summons ticket and I hesitate a lot, if i should go for other Luna and the artifact or wait for another 5* in two weeks since my team isn't that great. (Ken, Luna, Maya, Aither)

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Correct, I don't.
I still have 450 summons ticket and I hesitate a lot, if i should go for other Luna and the artifact or wait for another 5* in two weeks since my team isn't that great. (Ken, Luna, Maya, Aither)

The 5* coming up seems more heavily PvP focused, if not completely. So depends on your priorities, but Luna works in both PvE and PvP.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Correct, I don't.
Just from my personal opinion, getting a 6* farmer early on will speed up your overall farming process quite a bit - especially for the following 6* units.

I get why you wanna save as much as possible early on but at the same i dont think you should save when core positions and roles in your team arent filled yet.

Then again...if you are happy with your progress level right now and are willing to wait for a feature banner farmer thats a solid choice as well.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Time to analyze Melissa's kit.

Apparently her "curse" is a debuff that duplicates 40% of the single target damage taken by other members of the enemy team to the target, making it a sort of reverse-Aurius. Considering how often SS Bellona will kill the target of her damage transfer when she's overkilled, I can see this being pretty useful in specific niche scenarios. However, the fact that it can be resisted or blocked by immunity means it still has serious issues having viability in most of arena. A unit that 100% requires Basar or Hurado to be on the team just to land her signature ability is... underwhelming, to say the least.

I can see the idea behind it. Buff strip and def down someone with Iseria, then curse another target with Melissa, then use Melissa's S2 or soulburn S1 to attempt to delete two targets simultaneously. Even against Ruele this has pretty significant applications. But, again... if the curse is resisted, what's the point? If you need to wait until turn two just to set up this combo, what's the point? You're at a serious disadvantage as long as you have to wait until turn two just to setup a double kill, especially when cleave setups can literally wipe out entire teams with significantly less effort.

Obviously, TamIseria can significantly increase the success rate of this strategy, but that's a team setup that's effective against literally everything short of speed cleave defense (which itself is highly vulnerable to other team compositions, such as revive stacking comps and ML Ken/SS Bellona/Charles comps). Nothing special about that. I honestly think she's a character that has a very high likelihood of seeing buffs four months from her release. Hell, she doesn't even get elemental advantage - she just doesn't get elemental disadvantage, which is the bare minimum required to make her even partly viable in this meta, but not enough to actually make her desirable.

I'm struggling to think of a time I'd use her over, say, Lilibet or Challenger Dominiel. Like, she might get use against a few GW comps, sure. If I could somehow setup her double kill I can absolutely see where she'd be useful there. But that's only against a small handful of compositions - compositions that are vulnerable to status effects and don't put out enough damage to kill squishy mages like herself.

By contrast, post-buff Champion Zerato is actually pretty amazing and I've been greatly enjoying using him against debuff-heavy teams. Teams that I would have had to dodge before are now incredibly vulnerable to my offense, and that's a nice change of pace. Too bad the ML Baal/ML Ara meta is long gone; would've been nice to abuse his new prowess against them.

Screenshot_20191031-160430.jpg

I recalled Corvus. I don't have use for him anyway. Once A. Ravi gets buffed (and given the outcry, she WILL get buffed eventually) she'll fully overtake him in his role as a self-sufficient unit.

I still don't have a ML 5-star outside of pity. I got two copies of SS Achates from my last two Galaxy summons tho. Neat, I guess, but she's clearly no Ruele. Maybe one day they'll buff her too...

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The pet system adds more rng. Its a gold sink if you buy the tickets. Definitely not worth to min-max for skills. Its terrible when a simple auto-repeat function would have been fine.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Ok I want snacks removed from the loot table.

I'd rather it be bought with gold/skystones, increase over time like stamina and grown in orbis sanctuary.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
All people wanted was an Auto Repeat function along with Auto looting chests. That's it. They made everything so complicated, in addition to an already complicated game. Who wanted more currency to manage? Who!?

The leaked character looks great, love her design. Hate the fact that's she's essentially a PVP-only character, as I hate PVP. Disappointed. It's great for those that enjoy that mode though, and it is nice to see a new 5* hero again.

Edit:

I did my pulls for Luna. Thankfully I didn't have to pity her, but it did take me something like 70 pulls before I got her. I managed a Rhianna & Luciella and Draco Plate artifact prior to that, and can thankfully use both (will grab a second Draco Plate from the event). Nothing aside from that though, but it could have been much...much worse.

Last edited:

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
Guess I'm in the minority who had to pity for Luna. So worth it regardless. Desperately needed a good single target dps.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I wanna see some Lilias builds, what you all got?

wGHIUUV.jpg
No screenshot
budget speed and immunity set
i got two crappy blue gear on her doing almost nothing. while my hp is similar to yours i do want to eventually get it to 20k. since i'm in masters right now her speed is 180 so its fine for now.

I kind of want to see if she is decent in guild war defense so i will keep building her, for offense i'm liking DJ basar the more i use him over her.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My Lilias is pretty similar, way higher effectiveness; I could make her a bit bulkier by maxing out my left side. I I'd like to get her a bit faster but I don't have a lot of immunity gear; so moving her from hp% boots won't happen anytime soon.

My only unit with an immunity set.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
No screenshot
budget speed and immunity set
i got two crappy blue gear on her doing almost nothing. while my hp is similar to yours i do want to eventually get it to 20k. since i'm in masters right now her speed is 180 so its fine for now.

I kind of want to see if she is decent in guild war defense so i will keep building her, for offense i'm liking DJ basar the more i use him over her.

Yeah depending on the match I sometimes bring DJ Basar who also has an immunity set. His immunity barrier helps in longer fights but if you need to dispatch people quickly Lilias is the better bet as her S1 dual attack is deadly if you bring along two DPS units.

My Lilias is pretty similar, way higher effectiveness; I could make her a bit bulkier by maxing out my left side. I I'd like to get her a bit faster but I don't have a lot of immunity gear; so moving her from hp% boots won't happen anytime soon.

My only unit with an immunity set.

If you just finished her gear she'd be comparable in health and defense to mine but with much better effectiveness.

Finding her super useful in GW as damage reduction and cleanse against debuff heavy cleaves.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
I'm 99.9% sure they rerecorded Luna's S3
It used to sound different right????

I remember there being something about the voice actor saying she went back and re-recorded stuff, people assumed it was for the voiced camp dialog.

Took me about 20 summons to get Luna and the Artifact, I think I used up all my luck for a while last night.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah depending on the match I sometimes bring DJ Basar who also has an immunity set. His immunity barrier helps in longer fights but if you need to dispatch people quickly Lilias is the better bet as her S1 dual attack is deadly if you bring along two DPS units.

If you just finished her gear she'd be comparable in health and defense to mine but with much better effectiveness.

Finding her super useful in GW as damage reduction and cleanse against debuff heavy cleaves.
Mine often feels pretty squishy so I'm pretty cautious about using her; going to have to get some gold and charms to beef her up.

I occasionally user her in a risky team of Maid Chloe, Lilias, BBK, and some form of defense break if Arena. It has varying success since it's not really speed tuned. The turn order on my side is maid -> Lilias -> BBK. When it works it's a ton of fun though. That sort of setup was actually one of the reasons I made the attempt at DJ Basar, as he'd be a more reliable relative CR manipulator with immunity.

Status
Not open for further replies.