• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
So if you just want pets to open chests but not auto repeat you can turn it off on the boss and it doesn't consume a food.

Edit: Just checked and as long as you stop before the countdown ends it doesn't consume.

Last edited:

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I get a purple/gold animation when summoning a pet, but their grade/rank can still be 1*/D. What does it mean?

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I think I get gold for S and purple for rare skin, or vice versa. The * is the generation level, I'm not sure you can summon higher than first gen.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I think it means the pet type might be rare.
If that's the case, I wish they would estinguish what it is in-game. I can't tell what's considered rare or not, since I can't see any difference between them. It makes it difficult to know who to fuse away or not. :/

I think I get gold for S and purple for rare skin, or vice versa. The * is the generation level, I'm not sure you can summon higher than first gen.
Oh, okay. That makes it easier then. But still, how do you know what's a rare skin or not? I can't see any difference between them. It'd be nice if the portrait had something to distinguish it from others.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
If that's the case, I wish they would estinguish what it is in-game. I can't tell what's considered rare or not, since I can't see any difference between them. It makes it difficult to know who to fuse away or not. :/

Oh, okay. That makes it easier then. But still, how do you know what's a rare skin or not? I can't see any difference between them. It'd be nice if the portrait had something to distinguish it from others.
Z2a5Dca.jpg

I have the one special battle pet. If you look at it's symbol it has the star and a moon under the crossed swords.

They also added a pet section to the journal so you can see them side by side; the differences seem pretty minor.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
I have two rare pet skins now. The difference seems to be a simple palette swap and a small accessory. Hopefully future events add cute exclusive pets cause this one's is kinda :/

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Hit pity on Luna but I should have time to save up for a while because I have zero interest in smug vampire girl.

Pet implementation sucks but I got a few good ones from the free tickets. I'll swap in the ones I have when appropriate, and just pretend the raising/merging system doesn't exist.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Gonna wait for pet system to get better before grinding the 4 star gen ones. I think it's better to just settle with a really good 2/3 star. Because fuck that failure chance.

I kind of hate having the mob riled up in order to get them to change something like last time, but this implementation has been pretty horrendous and I'm hoping something similar happens soon. It's hilarious how much they just don't want you to auto for free in such a grind heavy game.

Also, the Cursed debuff is interesting but plays against effect resist meta again. Although the artifact does help alot against that, you'll still get hit with the 15% from time to time (because you know, its great to have randomness for things that would make you lose outright if you don't land it otherwise, right?)

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
i took my angel mont armor and put it on lilias. then later swapped on the eff+ arena gear

so she's 6 speed set items
5star
CP 65.3k, +5
Aurius +15
atk 1524
def 1023
health 17342
spd 170
crit 57, critd 150
effectiveness 85%
effR 52%
dual 5

arena team yuna (MAX), ss bell (MAX), lilias, c lorina

yuna has the s1 ex equip on, that gives a tiny bit more CR push with s1. this sometimes gets lilias and ssb in front more often than s2 speed boost

yuna does s1 or s2 depending on the situation which leads into lilias, s1/2/3 depending on the situation, then ssb and clorina clean up

yuna s1, lilias s3, ssb s3 sometimes cleaves me a win
yuna s1/s2 into lilias s2 can stall/provoke some green unit DPS to secure ssb and clorina to clean up the green and easy clean the rest

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
lt519 Ducarmel Chopchop
Thanks for the advice on team building the other day! My SSB and Charles are moderately built, they just need optimizing. Looks like I'll be putting more focus on F. Ceci, Lilias, and A. Vildred in the coming weeks.

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
So if you just want pets to open chests but not auto repeat you can turn it off on the boss and it doesn't consume a food.

Edit: Just checked and as long as you stop before the countdown ends it doesn't consume.
This is huge, it's a big plus consider all the system together it's not really great and avoidable.
Will use and abuse this.
Anyone tried at labyrinth? Is it gonna do a full run or just a "straight" path?

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Huge how? The point of an auto system is not looking in the screen in any given moment , if I have to look out for the boss fight I might as well look for the chests and open them myself.

SephiZack

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Huge how? The point of an auto system is not looking in the screen in any given moment , if I have to look out for the boss fight I might as well look for the chests and open them myself.

I lost count of the number of times I entered an urgent treasure chest mission, forgot about it and realized right after the quest was auto-completed. I'm probably not the only one either because I saw people complaining about it on discord in the past, so at least in this case it can help.

Of course it would be even better if we didn't have to care about using a currency to auto-open chests...

okita

Oct 25, 2017
I lost count of the number of times I entered an urgent treasure chest mission, forgot about it and realized right after the quest was auto-completed. I'm probably not the only one either because I saw people complaining about it on discord in the past, so at least in this case it can help.

Of course it would be even better if we didn't have to care about using a currency to auto-open chests...

Urgent missions are rare occurrences, but then if this rare event is a big deal for you ok. I certainly wouldn't mind to spend one food on it and usually always get trash from it to the point I don't care anymore ...

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Just a tip but more than likely well get fire buffs to gold sometime this month. Save the monthly tower until then to get a lot more gold.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Just a tip but more than likely well get fire buffs to gold sometime this month. Save the monthly tower until then to get a lot more gold.

I did some rough math last time and it's actually a worse use of stamina than just doing hunts during the buff event. It's close but the average gold per stamina averaged out over all the floors makes it worse than hunts.

If you saved the last 20-30 floors or so for the buff event though they are better than hunts, not positive where the break even is.

If there is a data dump of the floors somewhere I'd be happy to do the actual math.

Found it:

Total gold from tower (pre all buffs including guild): 1298045 * 0.3 = 389413 at 1250 stamina (need a fact check, it might actually be 1500 if stamina goes up 5 every 20 floors, which makes this even worse) is 389413/1250 = 311 extra gold per stamina spent during buff
Total gold from hunt (pre all buffs including guild): 29356 * 0.3 = 8806 at 20 stamina is 8806/20 = 440 extra gold per stamina spent during buff

Last edited:

Blackflag

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone geared and used ml crozet yet? Haven't seen any impressions about him other than prerelease speculation . I'm leveling him to 60 now

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I actually did the same to A Ravi first and the skill reset so I thought I'd record what it did to D.Corvus. I almost couldn't kill the Montmo because I don't have any mola in his S1 or S2 and she was healing for 12k on her S3 and 5k on her S2.

I should add he is still Level 59 and has the 1st Year artifact equipped.

E8Q9lm.gif

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I actually did the same to A Ravi first and the skill reset so I thought I'd record what it did to D.Corvus. I almost couldn't kill the Montmo because I don't have any mola in his S1 or S2 and she was healing for 12k on her S3 and 5k on her S2.

E8Q9lm.gif
Post his stats

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

Still trying to figure out his role in Arena. He deletes ML Ken and A Vildred as you'd expect (even without stuns) but single target nuke teams are hard to build against the tons of SSB's out there. I'm going to have to play around some more.

J. Kise still has the better gear and I'm over Crit Chance by like 10% so I'm gonna play with his gear a little more. Based on how much overkill he's been I might remove some damage and go speed on the boots.

8xnOfh0.jpg

Snormy

I'll think about it
On Break
Oct 25, 2017
Morizora's Forest
Still trying to figure out his role in Arena. He deletes ML Ken and A Vildred as you'd expect (even without stuns) but single target nuke teams are hard to build against the tons of SSB's out there. I'm going to have to play around some more.

8xnOfh0.jpg
I have so many 85 level 15 gear pieces and I can barely make it over 3k attack with 80 cr and < 200 cd. Seeing you hit these stats with a 57 neck makes me so mad at my lowsy sub stat rng.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I have so many 85 level 15 gear pieces and I can barely make it over 3k attack with 80 cr and < 200 cd. Seeing you hit these stats with a 57 neck makes me so mad at my lowsy sub stat rng.

It is really good gear. Hard to believe my J. Kise has even better gear. I only have two pure DPS units built though so in reality after a year of playing it hasn't been to hard to build up two sets, especially with the S2 Arena gear basically being a full set there. Lilibet is the next closest I have to a pure DPS unit and her attack set is pretty weak. I stripped almost all of this off of Sol because Cermia does his Golem job just as well with that Adventurer's Path Destruction set.

To be fair the Ring and Boots were freebies and they rolled pretty flat across all stats (the ring was even an ER victim). The weapon, the helm, and oddly enough the 57 neck (also a labyrinth freebie) are what push it into crazy Attack stat territory.

Individual stats:
Weapon: Spd 3, CD 20%, 14% Atk, 9% cc
Helm: Def 33, CD 9%, Spd 11, Atk 22%
Armor: Spd 6, CD 4%, Health 25%, CC 10%
Neck (main 35% cc): Health 3%, Atk 21%, Def 5%, CD 12%
Ring (main 65% atk): CC 9%, CD 11%, ER 19%, E 10%
Boots (main 60% atk): Health 13%, CC 7%, CD 15%, E 12%

I could go heavier on Crit D (235) and keep 100 CC but I lose 1k health.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017

E8Q9lm.gif
👀👀👀

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

J. Kise still has the better gear and I'm over Crit Chance by like 10% so I'm gonna play with his gear a little more. Based on how much overkill he's been I might remove some damage and go speed on the boots.

8xnOfh0.jpg

A beast.
Beware Aurius users:

r87R2L.gif

Finished off Ken with the S3 too.

How are you getting the stuns? Crown Dizzy?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
A beast.

How are you getting the stuns? Crown Dizzy?

Yeah, Crown Dizzy with 220 speed. I'm theory crafting a few things but in Arena right now I'm running Basar to buff strip and Crown Dizzy S3 either stuns em or keeps the damage down enough that I can S2 with Spez for another stun chance. His effectiveness is a little low right now. Honestly my J.Kise cleave is still better but I'm trying to learn how well he works for GW.

Working on Building G. Purrgis and then I think I'll 5* Dominiel for with speed/effectiveness for a cleave type set-up.

He has really high base attack so the numbers are a bit easier to achieve. The exact same set of gear on J. Kise has 600 less attack. I did get him to 60 and putting a level 18 R&L on him gives him 4469 attack now.

Last edited:

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Feel like I'm the only one interested in Melissa. At the very least she basically has a 2.7 modifier on her S3 with it granting an extra turn.
I'm 99.9% sure they rerecorded Luna's S3
It used to sound different right????
Yeah I thought so was well. I was sure she used to say "Spear of Luguna" but now she says Spear of something else.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Not landing stuns as much as I'd like with Abyssal Crown just too much RNG in the fights if you are relying on Spez to burst through an ML Ken without an attack buff or defense breaks. ERs on D Corvus are generally high too I'm seeing.

I'm thinking he's going to be much more of a GW tool than arena tool.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand why they couldn't add Auto Loot/Interact with the statues. I don't even need to let the game repeatedly through multiple runs, just let me auto loot the current run I'm on without needing to constantly check my phone. Why make things unnecessarily complicated? E7 is basically the monkey paw of gacha games. You ask for something, they give it to you, but there's always a negative side-effect associated with it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Feel like I'm the only one interested in Melissa. At the very least she basically has a 2.7 modifier on her S3 with it granting an extra turn.

Yeah I thought so was well. I was sure she used to say "Spear of Luguna" but now she says Spear of something else.
yea they changed it to "Spear of Ragnar" which matches the skill name

Amusingly I think the new line works fine, except that the follow up "Bleed" for me some reason doesnt feel right coming after Ragnar like it did Laguna, even with the long pause

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I just don't understand why they couldn't add Auto Loot/Interact with the statues. I don't even need to let the game repeatedly through multiple runs, just let me auto loot the current run I'm on without needing to constantly check my phone. Why make things unnecessarily complicated? E7 is basically the monkey paw of gacha games. You ask for something, they give it to you, but there's always a negative side-effect associated with it.
The weird thing is that I thought they had realized that it was bad to keep doing that. They used to do that all the time, before fanbase collectively blew up on them really hard. Then they made a whole bunch of really good improvements with no strings attached, like the gear simulator, more equip events, the pity counter on every banner, and the ML covenant pool. All of those things were added with no strings attached, and all made the game more fun.

Then they do this incomprehensible garbage with the pet system. It clearly took a ton of work from the developers to make all the new subsystems and all the art assets for all the pets. And yet it's all a waste of time because no one asked for that, and it doesn't even address the original ask from the playerbase.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
The weird thing is that I thought they had realized that it was bad to keep doing that. They used to do that all the time, before fanbase collectively blew up on them really hard. Then they made a whole bunch of really good improvements with no strings attached, like the gear simulator, more equip events, the pity counter on every banner, and the ML covenant pool. All of those things were added with no strings attached, and all made the game more fun.

Then they do this incomprehensible garbage with the pet system. It clearly took a ton of work from the developers to make all the new subsystems and all the art assets for all the pets. And yet it's all a waste of time because no one asked for that, and it doesn't even address the original ask from the playerbase.
Yeah, it's really disappointing. I don't know why they put in all of that work when they knew the playerbase weren't happy with it to begin with. It's okay to go above and beyond if it's to deliver even more of what the player wants, but not the opposite. They could have saved so much resources otherwise. I just don't understand it.

Wyze

Nov 15, 2018
I forgot I had Iseria in my game. Just sitting there collecting dust, no more. The other 5 stars I realized I have are Kayron and Basar.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Ambition is disbanding. I feel that sends a pretty big message on where the game is at for those who are in the endgame.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's really disappointing. I don't know why they put in all of that work when they knew the playerbase weren't happy with it to begin with. It's okay to go above and beyond if it's to deliver even more of what the player wants, but not the opposite. They could have saved so much resources otherwise. I just don't understand it.

I'm a program manager by trade and I've seen this nonsense happen plenty of times. Basically what happened is the devs themselves wanted to implement a simple system but someone saw $$$, mandated an entire overhaul, and completely underestimated the development time of the new direction.

There is zero chance any of the devs thought what they ended with was a good idea/system.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah...thought the Pet system was about to make things simpler and easier for the the player - turned into another system that needs alot of time and ressources to get good results out of it.

Bummer.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
The thing is dislike is I was ok with auto repeat and pick up chests being separate. I feel like maybe snacks should have been used if you want to do both at the same time, but you should be able to do one of the two things for free. Rn the pets are basically useless to me.
I'm a program manager by trade and I've seen this nonsense happen plenty of times. Basically what happened is the devs themselves wanted to implement a simple system but someone saw $$$, mandated an entire overhaul, and completely underestimated the development time of the new direction.

There is zero chance any of the devs thought what they ended with was a good idea/system.
As someone who's worked in Finance I agree that this is probably how it went.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
That just makes her a worse Baiken (since she doesn't get bleeds or a team CR boost on her S3).

I just can't see her kit working out. It needs too many things to go right for her to do her job. And anyone who depends on debuffs landing to deal damage in this meta is basically doomed to fall to the wayside.
Wow, Ambition is disbanding. I feel that sends a pretty big message on where the game is at for those who are in the endgame.
I am the face of unsurprise.

I've said as much so many times - if they aren't willing to address the major issues with the game and prefer to just keep things as stale as possible (by completely ignoring limited units and failing to address outliers, instead making other characters like Basar as stupidly overpowered as the existing outliers), no one's going to stick around. Shit ain't fun. Arena is basically completely 100% repetition at this point, with no creativity involved whatsoever, and GW is only slightly better off. Turns out, when you make debuffs crazy strong and give characters multiple chances to stack these crazy overpowered debuffs, gameplay becomes centered almost entirely around your ability to either prevent or mitigate these debuffs (or ignore them entirely by just killing the enemy in one shot). It's incredibly binary gameplay. There's absolutely no room for nuance.

And on top of that, the repeatable PvE content is either braindead easy or incredibly irritating - they aren't very good at making content that is both challenging and fun. The Hall of Trials in particular is very tedious due to the sheer length of each fight.

I don't even need to mention the gear system - it's obvious to anyone who's playing it what's going on there. (Most of the players in Ambition were the type to spend thousands of hours farming anyway, so they're the least impacted by its BS RNG nature.)

I dnno. Feels like the game's pretty well doomed at this point, honestly. I can only see the most casual players sticking around - the ones who don't care about the fact that they're basically playing stat roulette with every equipment drop because they're just there to see the pretty animations. But they're also the ones least likely to dump money on the game, because they're not the ones turning skystones into piles of stamina, which is basically their whole business model at this point.

I don't expect the game to have much of a player base for RTA. Hell, it's not likely to make much of an impact either way. With a roster this small and with game balance being this shoddy, I expect a massive shitshow as all the game's flaws are laid even more bare for everyone to see.

I wish I could be more optimistic. I really can't. Sorry.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
To be fair the passive boosts you get are nice even if you don't engage with the system. They've given enough free pulls now that everyone should have something at least decent enough. I've been lucky to get an event currency, item hunt drop, and weapon enhancement boost pets.

I'll engage with the system as F2P and I already have something like 50 snacks saved up. I have a long drive tomorrow (5 hours) so I'm gonna pop like 20 Liefs beforehand throw in all the snacks and just let Az 11 run.

It's still really dumb but it's not entirely useless.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017

Probably. I've worked for people who did stuff like that plenty of times.

Reminds me of this:
8Cw1NeP.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.