• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Finally made it to challenger in arena

DJ/SSB/Dizzy my way there but I made it. Might take a long time to climb to champion if i ever decide to try, my defense is pretty much free so I'll probably spend most arena sessions just doing revenge and trying to stay in champion.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
That just makes her a worse Baiken (since she doesn't get bleeds or a team CR boost on her S3).

I just can't see her kit working out. It needs too many things to go right for her to do her job. And anyone who depends on debuffs landing to deal damage in this meta is basically doomed to fall to the wayside.

I am the face of unsurprise.

I've said as much so many times - if they aren't willing to address the major issues with the game and prefer to just keep things as stale as possible (by completely ignoring limited units and failing to address outliers, instead making other characters like Basar as stupidly overpowered as the existing outliers), no one's going to stick around. Shit ain't fun. Arena is basically completely 100% repetition at this point, with no creativity involved whatsoever, and GW is only slightly better off. Turns out, when you make debuffs crazy strong and give characters multiple chances to stack these crazy overpowered debuffs, gameplay becomes centered almost entirely around your ability to either prevent or mitigate these debuffs (or ignore them entirely by just killing the enemy in one shot). It's incredibly binary gameplay. There's absolutely no room for nuance.

And on top of that, the repeatable PvE content is either braindead easy or incredibly irritating - they aren't very good at making content that is both challenging and fun. The Hall of Trials in particular is very tedious due to the sheer length of each fight.

I don't even need to mention the gear system - it's obvious to anyone who's playing it what's going on there. (Most of the players in Ambition were the type to spend thousands of hours farming anyway, so they're the least impacted by its BS RNG nature.)

I dnno. Feels like the game's pretty well doomed at this point, honestly. I can only see the most casual players sticking around - the ones who don't care about the fact that they're basically playing stat roulette with every equipment drop because they're just there to see the pretty animations. But they're also the ones least likely to dump money on the game, because they're not the ones turning skystones into piles of stamina, which is basically their whole business model at this point.

I don't expect the game to have much of a player base for RTA. Hell, it's not likely to make much of an impact either way. With a roster this small and with game balance being this shoddy, I expect a massive shitshow as all the game's flaws are laid even more bare for everyone to see.

I wish I could be more optimistic. I really can't. Sorry.

I'm honestly surprised you still play the game. You seem to hate it and think it has no future. Why not cut your losses and play something else? I've played so many gacha over the years, and the number of things this game does better than others far outweighs the current negatives in the first year. I'm curious to know which gacha game does things right in your eyes compared to this one. Or maybe there are none since you're still playing e7 and not those other games?

Anyway, the pet system is more annoying each time I mess with it. Repeat plays should be free, or there needs to be an easy way to get tons of snacks or whatever.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
My arena defense rate went up to 35% this week instead of 30% after I swapped Angie for Fluri.

I think next week, I'm going to try the super overused ssb + fceci + Aurius user + healer comp that I see all the time. I want to see why it's so popular.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I'm a program manager by trade and I've seen this nonsense happen plenty of times. Basically what happened is the devs themselves wanted to implement a simple system but someone saw $$$, mandated an entire overhaul, and completely underestimated the development time of the new direction.

There is zero chance any of the devs thought what they ended with was a good idea/system.
Reality is often disappointing. :(

Yeah...thought the Pet system was about to make things simpler and easier for the the player - turned into another system that needs alot of time and ressources to get good results out of it.

Bummer.
Yeah, it's definitely one of the biggest disappointments I've had towards this game so far. We've waited so long for auto loot for chests, and this is what we get. It's akin to waking up on Christmas morning and finding a lump of coal in your stocking.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Spent a ton of mola today and fully kitted out my G Purrgis.

On offense I go Basar -> Dizzy -> G Purrgis -> Spez and I'm pretty effective against just about any team. Not as fast as my J Kise cleave but I can confidently take on more ML Ken and A Vildred comps, even teams with them in tandem.

On defense trying out a Iela Violin Dizzy -> Lilias -> G.Purrgis -> Spez team. Still susceptible to cleaves but I've seen to have tripped up a couple teams already. Lilias hits pretty hard and her and G. Purrgis are on immunity sets. I've auto'd a few battles on offense with this team and it works well. See if it continues. Champ Zerato totally wrecks it though.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
More gear troubles, and the equip event ended before I had a chance to fix it. Though I suspect that I'm outright missing a few key pieces now.

Momo is too fast. She's sitting at 197 speed and that makes her move before many debuffers give her a chance to cleanse anything. I had a nice set of boots for her that would bump her down quite nicely and give her a ton of bulk in return, but unfortunately rolls didn't go towards ER and screwed me over. She's amazing for PvE, though. Banshee is now going down way more consistently, and she's doing well as my new wyvern tank.

Fluri is not tanky enough because she doesn't have enough def. She has 20k hp or so which is great for her S2, but she still goes down too easily to barrages of attacks, which can happen against the many teams that like to rain SSB S2 + tons of garbage at you every turn.

I'm still trying to figure out how to use FCeci. The barriers and skill nullifier are nice, but I see some doing decent damage as well, and I'm not sure how they accomplish that while still juggling all the other stats she needs. She seems to need some counterattacker like SSB or Charles, or else her kit doesn't make sense. I just lowered her damage in favor of more bulk, and hopefully that'll help.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Decided to ditch Aurius on Lilias. Instead I bumped her up to 19k HP and put Bastion on her to give Spez a ~4k HP shield and then put Proof of Valor on him to give him 20% damage reduction. So the Spez I've been posting videos hasn't changed but he now has effective ~15k HP and 1k DEF to start a battle.

Moved Dizzy gear around and got her to 17k HP while maintaining speed and effectiveness. So between all that and Purrgis already at 19k HP I have a really tanky "cleave" defense.

I'll probably still get stomped but can't be worse than what I was doing before.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I finally got my own Charles after getting wrecked by him so much while trying to cleave other team members. Any recommendations on which of his exclusive equipment I should aim for?

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Decided to ditch Aurius on Lilias. Instead I bumped her up to 19k HP and put Bastion on her to give Spez a ~4k HP shield and then put Proof of Valor on him to give him 20% damage reduction. So the Spez I've been posting videos hasn't changed but he now has effective ~15k HP and 1k DEF to start a battle.

Moved Dizzy gear around and got her to 17k HP while maintaining speed and effectiveness. So between all that and Purrgis already at 19k HP I have a really tanky "cleave" defense.

I'll probably still get stomped but can't be worse than what I was doing before.

My def win percentage went up by inserting ML Ravi if you happen to have her. Not sure why tho

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
My def win percentage went up by inserting ML Ravi if you happen to have her. Not sure why tho

I've had a success with her too. Hard to cleave and the revive probably screws people up. But that only bumped me from like 5% to 15% in Challenger 1-3 but no noticeable bump in Champ. So I'm looking for a comp that trips up people in Champ.

My new defense is still getting cleaved to pieces in Challenger 3 right now. Might be time to raise a Hurado lol.

I do want to try a speedier Spez. In my own offense that uses the same comp he's getting lapped and units are shaking off stuns before he can act.

I could afford to give up some attack, I'm critting for over 50k now that I have G Purrgis attack buff, it's killing Aurius users at the same time lol.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
I saw my pet had a gift for me right before going to bed last night and clicked it. Was a trials entry token. You little shit.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I just read a reddit post about another account security issue, apparently hackers only need to know your email address and stove account to steal it, seems like its not even a new problem it was a bug around launch.

This game, one day I'm excited cant wait to play the next day I'm contemplating quitting.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Arena shop,
guild shop,
transmit stone shop,
side story event shop,
side story event story drop,
side story event quest,
web event,
daily check in twice a month,
and normal raid shop if you choose queens gift at the mercy of rng.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
I don't really understand the MTX in this game. Everything is so expensive, it's just not realistic.
I'm not against spending a few bucks here and there, especially if I spend hundred of hours in the game, but for this one, it's just so out of proportions.

Putosaure

Oct 27, 2017
France
I don't really understand the MTX in this game. Everything is so expensive, it's just not realistic.
I'm not against spending a few bucks here and there, especially if I spend hundred of hours in the game, but for this one, it's just so out of proportions.
Yeah, I'm a noob on this gacha thing and I guess it's all about the whales, but it's frustrating how you got so few for so much money.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So I'm here to just briefly mention that ML Crozet is image busted with hard carry DPS such as Charles.

His debut impressed me a bunch. I also have him at +13 with an insane investment/statline, but he's very good.

Here he is eating an ML Ken crit counter for breakfast... well mostly Crozet.

Consider yourselves warned.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Game is very f2p friendly with lots of guaranteed income per week - unless you are a whale or heavy spender you would wanna get the monthly passes. Everything else gets expensive and probably won't end up too good for you in terms of RNG.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

The monthly packs of daily skystones/energy are the only reasonable value, but that's only provided you actually use absolutely 100% of your energy and leafs (I do). Buying rolls in gacha games is always a scam.

I figure as long as I'm playing this game as much as I do, I'll keep supporting it with those monthly packs. No more though. Still ends up being more money than I spend on other games, but I also play this way more than other games.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
This memory concentration thing is great. SC units benefit from them so much because they're easy to SSS.

I just gave Momo hers, and it's +18% eff resist. It doesn't show up on her stat sheet, but does it still give her her CR pushes of that puts her above 100% ER? I'm at 97% ER without it.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I'm here to just briefly mention that ML Crozet is image busted with hard carry DPS such as Charles.

His debut impressed me a bunch. I also have him at +13 with an insane investment/statline, but he's very good.

Here he is eating an ML Ken crit counter for breakfast... well mostly Crozet.

Consider yourselves warned.

Nice Charles showcase ;)

I'm still building up my Crozet so I'm eager to see where I can fit him in. He seems pretty good on the right comp but not sure he's good on defense, which is what matters more tbh. Winning on offense is already easy.

Last edited:

Bishop76

Oct 30, 2017
patch notes are up!

9edd5f4525e54b4a9113a86dd3d1a827_1573021044.jpg

268df1c55adf434fb43b0f396d9ceb25_1573021574.jpg

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Melissa and new side story dropping this week. Nice. Now JP is launching hopefully we can resume more regular content. Speaking of which, 1000 free skystones is appreciated.

Not really liking that Melissa's S3 is on a 5 turn cd after enhancements. I guess it's basically 4 turns with the way it works.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
Melissa and new side story dropping this week. Nice. Now JP is launching hopefully we can resume more regular content. Speaking of which, 1000 free skystones is appreciated.

Not really liking that Melissa's S3 is on a 5 turn cd after enhancements. I guess it's basically 4 turns with the way it works.
I feel like the immortality buff should have been tied to the extra turn more so than the curse. Or both. But I suppose this would only be a problem with ML Ken.

Melissa does not seem any better than ML Tenebria and even she isn't really considered good. Perhaps I am just not able to think of a way to utilize her.

I will throw a few bookmarks at this for the animations but she just doesn't seem good to me.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017
Otillie artifact!

But yeah, been hoarding these pet snacks since I figured we'd get buffs this week. I'll be having ML Zerato solo Azimanak for a few dozen hours this weekend while I do something productive with my life...okay, probably just Death Stranding.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Melissa's animations look good, I'll likely roll her. That curse doesn't work on bosses is pretty lame, I'm just assuming they couldn't be bothered to test whether curse breaks any old boss fights.

Looks like they tweaked skill inheritance for the pets, that'll help a bit; but it's still a gold sink I can't afford.

With the buff event, it's time to burn some liefs.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
The pet changes are massive. You can now create a great 2*/3* pet much easier. 4* is still RNG, but this is a really big change.

okita

Oct 25, 2017
New character time to roll :) , I don't even care about their utility anymore, since 90% of them are underused in my hero stash. She looks good, reason enough to roll (but she looks better on the artifact would prefer the inverse)

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like the immortality buff should have been tied to the extra turn more so than the curse. Or both. But I suppose this would only be a problem with ML Ken.

Melissa does not seem any better than ML Tenebria and even she isn't really considered good. Perhaps I am just not able to think of a way to utilize her.

I will throw a few bookmarks at this for the animations but she just doesn't seem good to me.
I just want a good st fire dps. S3 into S2 will hit pretty hard unless her stats suck. I don't really care what is considered meta or good. I just use the heroes that are in line with the way I want to play the game and are cool to me, and Melissa fits that bill.

Riskbreaker

Nov 1, 2017
I just want a good st fire dps. S3 into S2 will hit pretty hard unless her stats suck. I don't really care what is considered meta or good. I just use the heroes that are in line with the way I want to play the game and are cool to me, and Melissa fits that bill.
Cermia, Sol Badguy, Serila?

I am not telling people not to pull, I just don't see her as good. She is a PvP unit on the worst element for a PvP unit. But her animations are amazing. You don't need to justify your pulls to me. It's not like I am the gatcha Nostradamus and she can always be buffed later.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Really don't need another side story to grind lol, could have waited another week. I'll pull a few times because I like the artifact and she has a unique skill but I can't really see me building Melissa up.

Bummer about some of the glitches I didn't know about. I spent about 5 million upgrading gear last night with a Equipment Enhance EXP pet and apparently that didn't do anything. Also ran about 40 leifs worth of hunts while traveling and had several pet snacks drop, oh well.

Man lesson learned in GW today. A. Ravi when counterattacking hits a dual attacker and not the original attacker, so beware when using Lilias vs A. Ravi. Basically tanked my GW match because Lilias/Baiken vs A.Ravi kept seeing Baiken get countered. If I had S3 or S2'd a couple more times with Lilias instead of trying to burst her down I actually probably would have won.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
They say Melissa will be available tomorrow, but also that Luna is available until the 11/14 and I was trying to get more of her.
Will they replace Luna by Melissa or the two will be available at the same time ?

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So we're gonna have two side stories to grind. Melissa doesn't look interesting enough for me to roll for her. She isn't limited either.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
The pet changes seem nice. 10 per week with friendship tokens sounds fairly easy. I'd still prefer that they didn't use those tokens at all, but this is a big improvement over what they had before.

Not looking forward to another side story grind.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
How does the Leif reward work on this stupid daily event thing? It keeps saying I've already claimed the reward and I'm not getting a leif every day for voting for Luna.

Also noticed if you vote twice for someone on the first vote counts towards your total progress for the gold stone.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Cermia, Sol Badguy, Serila?

I am not telling people not to pull, I just don't see her as good. She is a PvP unit on the worst element for a PvP unit. But her animations are amazing. You don't need to justify your pulls to me. It's not like I am the gatcha Nostradamus and she can always be buffed later.
Haha it's all good, it's a completely reasonable point of discussion. I have a team I use in guild wars that is mainly about rushing down the opponent. ST dps are the core of that team comp. I have Yufine and Luna so I want a fire dps to give me coverage verses more matchups, albeit a smaller portion.

Cermia is who I really wanted, but I haven't managed to get her so far. Even pulled for Creation and Destruction just for her. Sol's S3 doesn't hit hard enough for this team. Serila I need to test. Planning to farm copies of her during the buff event this weekend (have a ton of leifs).

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nice Charles showcase ;)

I'm still building up my Crozet so I'm eager to see where I can fit him in. He seems pretty good on the right comp but not sure he's good on defense, which is what matters more tbh. Winning on offense is already easy.
I have him on defense with Charles, so he doesn't die to Yufine (since he's not running immunity) and currently SSB. I haven't been attacked yet, but alternatively considering switching out SSB for Yuna with greater attack unique weapon. Also maybe ruele if it's a hard carry Charles comp.

on offense, he enables squishy hard carry dps, it protects the ruele that will Rez your hard carry dps. He's actually insane.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Since we're talking about Charles, does Charles' S1 > s2 auto proc happen on double attacks?

Have I been sleeping on Kitty or Lilias + Charles combos?

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I'm honestly surprised you still play the game. You seem to hate it and think it has no future. Why not cut your losses and play something else? I've played so many gacha over the years, and the number of things this game does better than others far outweighs the current negatives in the first year. I'm curious to know which gacha game does things right in your eyes compared to this one. Or maybe there are none since you're still playing e7 and not those other games?
To be clear, the reason I haven't quit yet is because the game does some things (namely, the animation and some of the character design) better than basically every other game on the market. It's just that my enthusiasm for the game is severely hamstrung by the developers' seeming incompetence (or forced negligence, in the case of executive meddling).

In terms of gameplay I don't consider any gacha game to be top tier, but I can't think of many games that are as blatantly broken as this one. If all you think about is whether or not you can progress, maybe it's not so bad, but given that it's a game with a significant emphasis on PvP and constantly has to resort to some really obscene restriction mechanics in PvE it's extremely obvious to me that they should have fixed a lot of this stuff a long time ago.

It's less "I fucking hate this game" (though I certainly will vocalize as much when I'm playing arena or GW) and more "this is weirdly disappointing". So many problems and they just won't address them. It's even more bizarre when you consider the things they did fix, yet for some reason fundamental issues like poison breaking the game and being countered with absurd restriction mechanics continue onward. I just don't understand it, man.

I just find her mechanics strangely deaf to the current state of the meta. To really work, curse should be stronger, she shouldn't be stuffed so hard by immunity, OR she should have extinction somewhere on her kit. As it is, against 90% of arena defense teams in champion she's entirely useless and in GW she's easily replaced by other units that are easier to gear up (since she needs effectiveness to do her job).

I don't know who's in charge of balance at this point but I am not liking the things they are doing.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
I just find her mechanics strangely deaf to the current state of the meta. To really work, curse should be stronger, she shouldn't be stuffed so hard by immunity, OR she should have extinction somewhere on her kit. As it is, against 90% of arena defense teams in champion she's entirely useless and in GW she's easily replaced by other units that are easier to gear up (since she needs effectiveness to do her job).

I don't know who's in charge of balance at this point but I am not liking the things they are doing.

You can say almost every character in the game except Basar is stuffed hard by immunity. You just don't use debuff heavy units vs heavy immunity/resistance units.

Curse deals 40% of damage dealt to the inflicted target. It doesn't need to be any stronger. That's more than SSB's passive and we all know how that can ruin any unit standing in front of her, although it won't go higher than 40%. There are loads of applications for that.

Her S3 & S2 chain, effectively a 2.7 multiplier on top of having the second highest base attack in the game.

Status
Not open for further replies.