• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
That's not how that works.

Say I offered you two lump sum payments. One was worth $1000 and one was worth $700. I then tell you that you can apply a 30% bonus to one of them and a 10% bonus to the other. What are you going to do to maximize your payout? You take $1000 * .3 + $700 * .1 = $370 bonus versus $700 *.3 + $1000 * .1 =$ 310 bonus.

Same holds true here. It's worth it to run hunts instead of AT during the buff event and then run AT during regular down-time throughout the month.

Ideally you run AT up to floor 75-ish during down-time on 10% buff and then run AT 75-100 during 30% buff.
You are assuming that someone wants to actually maximize the Gold buff, especially factoring in time, not just play the game. I always planned to do tower, grinding hunts wasnt in my current playbook or time allotment

waiting to do tower until buff means I just got more for doing something I was already going to do, now that im done with tower im not just going to do hunts to maximize the buff, im moving on to side story

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
You are assuming that someone wants to actually maximize the Gold buff, especially factoring in time, not just play the game. I always planned to do tower, grinding hunts wasnt in my current playbook or time allotment

waiting to do tower until buff means I just got more for doing something I was already going to do, now that im done with tower im not just going to do hunts to maximize the buff, im moving on to side story

That's fair but I was responding to someone initially that specifically said they were going to do the AT due to the Gold Buff. And you responded that it doesn't matter because you are going to do it anyway, when it does in fact matter when you do it. From a min/maxing perspective there are a lot of reasons to run Hunts over AT during buffs that aren't just limited to gold but also include bonus EXP if you can three man and bonus resource drops as well.

I'm just putting information out there, people can use it however they'd like.

Personally, I'm running Side Story because I want to spend my stamina on getting catalysts regardless of the gold buff.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I went in for Melissa because my gold luck has been crazy recently. Got Achates finally and my first dust devil. Used quite a lot of skystones recently just because I've been hot (and wanted the banner heroes) so will probably have to skip the next few reruns. I expect them to be heroes I want just to tempt me but I want Diene most of all so will be diligent with my resources for the next month.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Okay, the folks who datamined the curse effect screwed me up. After testing, I've found out that the curse damage applies on ANY single target damage, including anything that hits the cursed target. That's considerably more useful than having to hit a second target to proc the effect.

It's basically a blanket 40% increase to all single target damage regardless of target or source. Spicy.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Anyone done the side story yet? And if so thoughts on Melissa's character? Right now I find her a bit annoying. I liked the whole revenge thing but I feel like she whines a lot.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone done the side story yet? And if so thoughts on Melissa's character? Right now I find her a bit annoying. I liked the whole revenge thing but I feel like she whines a lot.
Old bitte hag that needs to stay away from Haste. Dislike her character but the story made me appreciate Haste and his Assassin squad even more.

Did we know that Haste was from that continent and his father a/the VL ? Looking forward to explore that continent next year or whenever we get to it.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Old bitte hag that needs to stay away from Haste. Dislike her character but the story made me appreciate Haste and his Assassin squad even more.

Did we know that Haste was from that continent and his father a/the VL ? Looking forward to explore that continent next year or whenever we get to it.
I actually didn't mind her by the end. I think they did a good job of showing how badly she was hurt. I also ended up liking Haste because of how hurt he was by the whole thing. He tries to act like he doesn't care but really he does, which I think they've hinted at a few times.

Don't think they've really mentioned much of the Vampires or that continent before, but definitely feels like they're setting up a future Episode with this. Feel like the story is getting better and more interesting each time now.

Mio

Oct 16, 2018
I geared Melissa with my 3rd top "balanced" DPS set.

Final stats are:

Attack 3750
Crit Chance 84% (+16% from artifact to get 100%)
Crit Damage 299%
Speed 160 (Speed boots)

I also maxed with molagoras her S3 and her S2.

I tested her damage against the treeman minions in earth altar 12.

The test was done with greater attack buff and no def break.

S3 did 14.000 damage
S2 (including curse) did 24.000 damage

She's a very strong ST dps regardless of landing Curse or not.

For Tama-Iseria builds you could go all in on attack and ignore speed, and get something like 4800 attack and 300%+ Crit Damage.

This girl is a beast.

Neki

Oct 25, 2017
That's not how that works.

Say I offered you two lump sum payments. One was worth $1000 and one was worth $700. I then tell you that you can apply a 30% bonus to one of them and a 10% bonus to the other. What are you going to do to maximize your payout? You take $1000 * .3 + $700 * .1 = $370 bonus versus $700 *.3 + $1000 * .1 =$ 310 bonus.

Same holds true here. It's worth it to run hunts instead of AT during the buff event and then run AT during regular down-time throughout the month.

Ideally you run AT up to floor 75-ish during down-time on 10% buff and then run AT 75-100 during 30% buff.

That doesn't make any sense because people do hunts and AT during the buff event, so you're applying a 0.3% bonus to both sums. Most people in E7 are not capped by their stamina. You have to be either hardcore or a whale to not have left-over leifs at this point. Under this same assumption, one hour of doing AT does not necessarily mean one hour of NOT doing hunts. The two are not mutually exclusive. There are days when it's not efficient to do hunts (the non double hunt mat days) in which you can easily finish your AT.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Promoted both Cermia and Spez to 6* today. Doesn't really matter though since I don't have any gear for them.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
I actually didn't mind her by the end. I think they did a good job of showing how badly she was hurt. I also ended up liking Haste because of how hurt he was by the whole thing. He tries to act like he doesn't care but really he does, which I think they've hinted at a few times.

Don't think they've really mentioned much of the Vampires or that continent before, but definitely feels like they're setting up a future Episode with this. Feel like the story is getting better and more interesting each time now.
No matter how much she was hurt - can't really co-sign her trying to kill a "kid" that has nothing to do with her situation.
I don't have her because she still has a good design and is a Vampire but her character is a mess as of now....maybe it's gonna change down the line.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
No matter how much she was hurt - can't really co-sign her trying to kill a "kid" that has nothing to do with her situation.
I don't have her because she still has a good design and is a Vampire but her character is a mess as of now....maybe it's gonna change down the line.
Yeah that was never my issue. If anything that was the reason I was interested in her. Haste is the very thing his father died to protect. If Melissa kills Haste she essentially makes his death meaningless, which is the only form of revenge she can get now. It's a good character arc. The west glorifies revenge as some form of justice, but that's rarely the case irl.

It's also very similar to a story arc we've received before in this game. Luna did the exact same thing. Ceci had nothing to do with what her mother did, and yet despite that, and despite the fact that Luna had already got her revenge on Francesca, Luna attempted to kill Ceci, someone who was a sister to her.

Revenge is rarely pretty, and this style of cold gritty writing is pretty normal in Korean media. Oldboy (the good Korean version not the shitty American version) is a perfect example of this.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Yeah that was never my issue. If anything that was the reason I was interested in her. Haste is the very thing his father died to protect. If Melissa kills Haste she essentially makes his death meaningless, which is the only form of revenge she can get now. It's a good character arc. The west glorifies revenge as some form of justice, but that's rarely the case irl.

It's also very similar to a story arc we've received before in this game. Luna did the exact same thing. Ceci had nothing to do with what her mother did, and yet despite that, and despite the fact that Luna had already got her revenge on Francesca, Luna attempted to kill Ceci, someone who was a sister to her.

Revenge is rarely pretty, and this style of cold gritty writing is pretty normal in Korean media. Oldboy (the good Korean version not the shitty American version) is a perfect example of this.
Sure, I'm also a fan of good revenge stories...but when you involve Kids I cant or won't root for you. Sure Haste isn't your regular kid....but there are levels of revenge and I feel there is a big difference between Luna v Ceci.....and Melissa acting like a long lost family member, earning the trust of a kid and trying to off him.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
That doesn't make any sense because people do hunts and AT during the buff event, so you're applying a 0.3% bonus to both sums. Most people in E7 are not capped by their stamina. You have to be either hardcore or a whale to not have left-over leifs at this point. Under this same assumption, one hour of doing AT does not necessarily mean one hour of NOT doing hunts. The two are not mutually exclusive. There are days when it's not efficient to do hunts (the non double hunt mat days) in which you can easily finish your AT.

I already addressed this in a response to ShadowSoldier a few posts above. How you play the game is up to you. Personally I did Side Stories. It doesn't change the data driven fact that hunts are better in a gold per stamina comparison to clearing the entirety of the AT. Absolutely take your own personal factors into account.

That's also such a weird qualifier to post on a hardcore gaming enthusiast board for a group of people that are playing a grinding game all about min/maxing. A lot of people are starved for leifs, myself included, and maybe the information would be useful for them. It's really not hard for an end game player to blow through their Leif collection in a 4 day buff event especially when we just had a three week side story and another side story starting on top of it.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
still did not get Mellissa, at this point its about my pride, i'm going pity if i have too.

Finished tower and I got a brand new ml I knew it was a 3* but the one i was missing is Celeste and I was so hyped than out comes out Eton, totally forgot about him.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Since they put everything on a pity banner I have a real hard time not being binary about it. I don't think I could feasibly go 60 pulls and then just stop..

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Have you just not been clearing any of the side story shops? I cant imagine being able to clear those without using liefs.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Since they put everything on a pity banner I have a real hard time not being binary about it. I don't think I could feasibly go 60 pulls and then just stop..
Don't think I've ever had enough saved up to go for all 120 pulls - not really a hoarder so pretty much rely on luck Everytime. If it's works cool....if not...well there is always another time xD

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Blegh on the GW today for me, still learning the ropes on my Spez. I could have won both matches instead of drawing with the same exact units but just different approaches.

yeayea I used Spez S2 first because ML Ken had immunity and I didn't think I could one shot him, ended up triggering all sorts of counterattacks which stunned Lilias (abyssal Dizzy) and really hurt Spez (both ML Ken and A Ravi counter attacked). ML Ken healed back up to full health and then next turn I was actually able to one shot him as a last ditch effort but was unable to one shot A Ravi the next turn which ultimately did me in. Had I gone after ML Ken first with the S3 I think I would have won.

Manttower I was going to use Baiken to wipe/push montmo's health low so she'd use her S3 on herself and then I'd Spez S3 kill Champ Zerato. Saw she had Proof after Baiken S2 but still stupidly hit her with the S3 which ended up just being a wasted attack. Totally underestimated C Zerato bulk with Krau holding Aurius and failed to one-shot him with Spez. Had I just used Baiken's S3 on C Zerato and then Spez's S3 would have killed him and then Krau and Montmo would have been easy pickings.

Last edited:

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

It was genius of them. Everyone wins. I def pull more knowing that it's going to happen eventually.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Have you just not been clearing any of the side story shops? I cant imagine being able to clear those without using liefs.
During sidestories it pretty much gets all* of my energy until it's clear, it generally happens within a week running the Hell node.

*I prioritize Hunts/Altars during buff events.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
I clear except for minor stuff like Runes. Game just gives out more Leifs than I spend. If you look at the natural energy you get, as long as you don't rush the content you should have more than enough to "do" everything without using many Leifs. Game gives out Leifs for web challenge almost every day, then there's the compensation and then auto tower and the side stories themselves. I'm only Challenger 4/5 so I'm not top tier but yea, I was hoping pets would actually let me auto 50x a day and not 10x a week

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
There is no schedule for banners we literally find out the day before or a best guess from data mining.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I think I'm going to have to take my Spec Ten from 180 to 200 speed. Feels like every Montmo is 190 and it ruins my first turn nuke.
Sure, I'm also a fan of good revenge stories...but when you involve Kids I cant or won't root for you. Sure Haste isn't your regular kid....but there are levels of revenge and I feel there is a big difference between Luna v Ceci.....and Melissa acting like a long lost family member, earning the trust of a kid and trying to off him.
I mean no one's saying you have to like her lol. I'm just saying that her character arc is good because you said it was messy, when I don't think that is the case.

Honestly though thinking there's a difference between her and Luna is kind of selective. The only thing really separating Haste and Ceci is their physical age. Otherwise they were both "innocent" (as far as we know at this point) beings caught in someone else's revenge. If anything the fact Luna not only attempted to kill her pseudo sister after she already got her revenge, but nearly killed her actual sister in the process is kind of worse lol. If it wasn't for that conveniently placed chaos gate we would be missing a few characters from this game thanks to Luna going too far.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Are momos supposed to be that fast? Mine was 190ish at first but I slowed her down later because I wanted to give units a chance to give her something to heal/cleanse.

I'm really liking momo since finally promoting and gearing her. She's an amazing healer and cleanser all in one. I should have promoted her a long time ago.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
Finally managed to clear the Automaton tower, got Challenger Dominiel from the bookmarks.

Would DJ Basar, Celestial Mercedes, Challenger Dominiel, Arbiter Vildred be a good start for a proper PvP team?

Oct 28, 2017
So question about the Google Play/Game Center achievements. I should have some unlocked but they're still showing as locked.

Does anybody have them or are they completely bugged?

I know they're pointless, but... *Shrugs*

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
What's the ideal way to build Charles? Just pulled him off covenants. I'm willing to go all in to improve my defense.

Elbris
Counter Set
HP/Def set?
Right side main-stat focus?

Silent

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
What's the ideal way to build Charles? Just pulled him off covenants. I'm willing to go all in to improve my defense.

Elbris
Counter Set
HP/Def set?
Right side main-stat focus?
I don't have him, but I'd definitely put Elbris and Counter Set on him. After that, I'd really just run damage gear on him (crit damage neck/attack ring). I personally wouldn't build him especially tanky. He just needs to endure a couple hits.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

I got seventy pulls in for green Vildred, gave up since it was more an attempt to luck sack than a need since I already have Arby.

Got Melissa in 42 pulls so it worked out in the end.

But the pity banner is genius, I'm happily free 2 play right now but I'm sure I'll get 60 pulls in on a character I want and I'll buy a pack, only a matter of time.

probably lilibet is the only normal unit I would pity break right now....

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Are momos supposed to be that fast? Mine was 190ish at first but I slowed her down later because I wanted to give units a chance to give her something to heal/cleanse.

I'm really liking momo since finally promoting and gearing her. She's an amazing healer and cleanser all in one. I should have promoted her a long time ago.
I dunno, but every Montmo I've fought recently has been right in the middle of Fluri (200) and Spec Ten (180). If I debuff Montmo will always use S2. Yesterday I did it and it cleared provoke, but I don't know if it's guaranteed to do that or if it's random which debuff it clears. If it always clears provoke it's not a big deal. I lose 20% damage but Spec Ten should still one shot.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.

I can't believe you went without her for so long. I can't even remember life before her SC!

Mines at hovers at 170-185, I tinker with the gear every now and again.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, but every Montmo I've fought recently has been right in the middle of Fluri (200) and Spec Ten (180). If I debuff Montmo will always use S2. Yesterday I did it and it cleared provoke, but I don't know if it's guaranteed to do that or if it's random which debuff it clears. If it always clears provoke it's not a big deal. I lose 20% damage but Spec Ten should still one shot.
True, I guess it's not so bad even if she moves first against slower teams.

I can't believe you went without her for so long. I can't even remember life before her SC!

Mines at hovers at 170-185, I tinker with the gear every now and again.
Mine's at 160 right now but she's pretty tanky. It's been working well against bruiser teams but she could probably use a bit more speed.

I had been making do in GW with Angie and Tama for weeks, and bringing Fluri or Kitty against units like Dizzy. It worked okay, but after a while I was like "you know, you could save yourself a lot of trouble if you just freaking built momo already". I had been putting it off because I wanted to try building other units, but I probably shouldn't have done that.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
x6JGvgB.jpg

Cool

Status
Not open for further replies.