• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
I dunno, but every Montmo I've fought recently has been right in the middle of Fluri (200) and Spec Ten (180). If I debuff Montmo will always use S2. Yesterday I did it and it cleared provoke, but I don't know if it's guaranteed to do that or if it's random which debuff it clears. If it always clears provoke it's not a big deal. I lose 20% damage but Spec Ten should still one shot.

Cleanse always clears the debuff on the left.
It gets tricky when you land debuffs and the order changes. I'm still unsure how the order goes, but it feels like its alphabetical order. Could be totally wrong though.

Best way to test it is against kayron trials first wave since he cleanses one when he transitions.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pelicano show me your Charles! I want a build guide lol.
x0d9IYw.jpg

I'm actually about to rework him a bit, because I want him to be faster. DPS Charles is the new meta, but he also needs to be fast. Due to this, you can't really use counter set, since you lose out on a lot of raw stats, unless you have insane epic gear with max rolls or something. He needs elbris for added pressure. That's all I got. You should +15 him ASAP, since he's one of the strongest units in the game at the moment.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
x0d9IYw.jpg

I'm actually about to rework him a bit, because I want him to be faster. DPS Charles is the new meta, but he also needs to be fast. Due to this, you can't really use counter set, since you lose out on a lot of raw stats, unless you have insane epic gear with max rolls or something. He needs elbris for added pressure. That's all I got. You should +15 him ASAP, since he's one of the strongest units in the game at the moment.
That's much less HP than I expected to see on him, though with those stats he could probably kill pretty easily with S1 > s2. I guess with this setup, you're looking to kill off people fast before they can do much damage.

Do you have to run him with an Aurius user?

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
x0d9IYw.jpg

Interesting, you'd still build him DPS for defense? He must need an aurius user or ML Crozet or he's getting cleaved. What speed are you targeting? I doubt I can stack that much Crit D but it's a good set of number to target.

Assuming you run the 10% smash chance increase on the EE? I rolled one with 14% attack so set there.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's much less HP than I expected to see on him, though with those stats he could probably kill pretty easily with S1 > s2. I guess with this setup, you're looking to kill off people fast before they can do much damage.

Do you have to run him with an Aurius user?

I run him with ML Crozet, who clears all his debuffs, gives him a 4K shield, def buff, and absorbs 40% damage while wearing adamant shield arti.

10% smash lt519 like 180-200 speed... similar stats lol.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I run him with ML Crozet, who clears all his debuffs, gives him a 4K shield, def buff, and absorbs 40% damage while wearing adamant shield arti.

10% smash lt519 like 180-200 speed... similar stats lol.

Your making me want to pull but I don't really want a Maid Chloe or the other 5*s on showcase.

I could actually do pretty close to that with my Baiken gear, she's got my best speed/DPS set but CD would be about 250. I'm hesitant to strip her as she's still great as a secondary CR pusher/DPS in Guild Wars but...Charles.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Interesting, you'd still build him DPS for defense? He must need an aurius user or ML Crozet or he's getting cleaved. What speed are you targeting? I doubt I can stack that much Crit D but it's a good set of number to target.

Assuming you run the 10% smash chance increase on the EE? I rolled one with 14% attack so set there.

Yeah I used to run him more offense-based on my defense teams but I think he was getting blown up too easily. I have more success with bumping his hp up to 17k or so. He's so good you can build him nearly any way.

Pelicano

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Your making me want to pull but I don't really want a Maid Chloe or the other 5*s on showcase.

I could actually do pretty close to that with my Baiken gear, she's got my best speed/DPS set but CD would be about 250. I'm hesitant to strip her as she's still great as a secondary CR pusher/DPS in Guild Wars but...Charles.
kjBEpY5.jpg

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I've been keeping an eye on the japanese tag for E7. Its wild how many players are getting crazy lucky with MLs this soon after release.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
For tanks/knights do you guys go hp necklace hp ring or hp def?

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Ha, just finished the story (For the second time) with my top-tier, team Dingo, Surin, Destina, and MC.

Now what should I do next? Get into a raid or what?
Start checking out hunts and Abyss. Abyss has some good gear sets.

I try to choose depending on the skills of that character. Usually they have something that scales on hp or def, so I go for that.

My tanks seem to usually scale on hp, so I usually go hp + hp. I'm usually starved for hp gear because of it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Depends on which set you're looking for your unit. For example, if you crafting a necklace with high level on either hp or def, you can still equip them with knight/tanks -- It just doesn't matter which sets you aim for. But you'd have to manually it yourself. I wish there were have a system which you can only auto-equip with specific sets. :\

Hakunon

Oct 11, 2018
Got Basar from the daily summon, now Tywin is the only non-ML husbando I'm missing (funny that he's also the one I spent actual money on). Hopelessly waiting for that new 5* male banner that is never coming.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Guess I would need a stripper to go first. Meh. Are Hurado and Basar the only ones?

Edit: or maybe a Lela Dizzy.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Guess I would need a stripper to go first. Meh. Are Hurado and Basar the only ones?

Edit: or maybe a Lela Dizzy.

I run that Dizzy in general instead of Abyssal Crown as I find it proc's way more and is more useful in sustained fights. The fourth on my team is Dizzy for the S3 to dampen Seallona and ML Ken attack if I fail to stun but she's great for stripping buffs as well if the fight gets extended.

There are a bunch others, but Basar would be the best with a max tag for guaranteed strip and pushback.

My problem with Dom is she's easily foiled by immunity and high effect resist and she doesn't provide much other benefit to the team. G Purrgis gives attack buff and without landing stuns you can still punch through A Vildred and most ML Kens. After that he can provoke healers/damage dealers that might target spez.

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I think I found my ideal arena team on offense. Ruele, Spez, Dizzy and Diene. Yes, 2 ML 5 and 2 limited units, but so far I haven't skipped any teams and haven't lost yet. Dizzy will stun someone every 4 seconds and Spez just one shots them. Diene is mostly there to reduce damage with the crit reduction buff so I might try ML Crozet instead. Spez is pretty fun

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I swear with this game if it isnt 100% it might as well be 0% on offense.

My ~100% Effectiveness Luluca with 85% defense break constantly misses or is resisted.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Here's some stat lines on some Charles that I could build on speed/crit sets and Elbris. Any suggestions?

I'd prefer a defensive build since that is where I'm struggling. I could always go counter but I'd basically need to build a set from scratch. I could get more crit damage on there but I'd have to blow up another useful unit or sacrifice a bunch of defensive stats.

ATK/DEF/HP/SPD/CC/CD
2.5k/1.2k/15k/170/84/240
2.0k/1.2k/15k/194/99/240 (requires neutering my A Ravi)
2.7k/1.2k/13k/198/71/221
2.7k/1.2k/15k/167/74/234

I'm thinking the first option as I don't need to borrow much gear from anyone but Cermia's boots.

Ultimately is that going to help my D and would i need to put Aurius on my 20K HP Lilias to pair up with him?

Would SSB/Charles/Lilias/Healer be a good comp or go with another damage dealer or someone like Basar (240 speed) in the last slot? Or go full bruiser and add A Ravi to the mix.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Got SS rank for the first time in Hall of Trials. Used Sol/ML Cecilia/Tama/my finally maxed out Lorina, and auto battle was able to do all the work.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Laiza was right. The SG balance team seriously have no idea what they're doing. EE is becoming a joke...

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Here's some stat lines on some Charles that I could build on speed/crit sets and Elbris. Any suggestions?

I'd prefer a defensive build since that is where I'm struggling. I could always go counter but I'd basically need to build a set from scratch. I could get more crit damage on there but I'd have to blow up another useful unit or sacrifice a bunch of defensive stats.

ATK/DEF/HP/SPD/CC/CD
2.5k/1.2k/15k/170/84/240
2.0k/1.2k/15k/194/99/240 (requires neutering my A Ravi)
2.7k/1.2k/13k/198/71/221
2.7k/1.2k/15k/167/74/234

I'm thinking the first option as I don't need to borrow much gear from anyone but Cermia's boots.

Ultimately is that going to help my D and would i need to put Aurius on my 20K HP Lilias to pair up with him?

Would SSB/Charles/Lilias/Healer be a good comp or go with another damage dealer or someone like Basar (240 speed) in the last slot? Or go full bruiser and add A Ravi to the mix.

Id go with the first. Good all around numbers and you don't have to neuter anyone. Basar would probably scare off more ppl. If you just add a healer, ppl will just cleave easily. For some reason Ravi also seems to discourage ppl.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017

Baellona gonna get better woo!
And G Purg is gonna make me build him since I have Spez.

That exclusive equipment? If so, very hype for G Purrgis as I use him regularly as dark bait and to stun for Spez and then provoke healers. He's fantastic for all these A Cidd teams showing up and any A Coli teams that you can just use him as bait and then CR push everyone. Totally disrupts any cleave team that requires an AoE defense break,

vAZgQ02.jpg

I need to give him some better gear than hand me downs though, Lilias got all my speedy tank gear. Not a single 85 piece lol (although a lot of the AT gear roll like thy are 85). I want to finish his awakening but I'm running low on catalysts I can convert. Building up him, Spez, and Charles has tapped me out a bit.

Id go with the first. Good all around numbers and you don't have to neuter anyone. Basar would probably scare off more ppl. If you just add a healer, ppl will just cleave easily. For some reason Ravi also seems to discourage ppl.

Thanks, I'll pull the trigger. I have to eat 250k in unequip costs so I've been slow to equip him while I get more Rings of Glory for his skill enhances.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Laiza was right. The SG balance team seriously have no idea what they're doing. EE is becoming a joke...

Uh... Bellona hasn't been relevant for a long time (Tywin buff combined with no serious PvE content in forever) and Cermia is good but limited and in an unfriendly meta..... it's not like they are giving EE to Krau and Fire Ken.... Bellona is probably the weakest 5 star green unit without EE or a recent buff at the moment.... not that it's a big list... her, Vildred, Iseria and Baiken....

Over half of the current EE has been for 5 star units and Kise aside we have no idea which other units will be tuned on the next balance pass so they might not need EE for the moment. I really have no problem with these 3 characters since they only really need a little tweak like a Shadow Rose would (+spd please), whereas characters like Haste, ML Leo etc need an actual balance pass like Basar..

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Cermia is amazing in PvE, but since PvE isnt a huge deal when it comes to balance atm, EE for her sounds great if it can do anything for her in PvP

Bellona isn't really that relevant anywhere atm. Shes really just been surpassed by buffs and new releases.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Uh... Bellona hasn't been relevant for a long time (Tywin buff combined with no serious PvE content in forever) and Cermia is good but limited and in an unfriendly meta..... it's not like they are giving EE to Krau and Fire Ken.... Bellona is probably the weakest 5 star green unit without EE or a recent buff at the moment.... not that it's a big list... her, Vildred, Iseria and Baiken....

Over half of the current EE has been for 5 star units and Kise aside we have no idea which other units will be tuned on the next balance pass so they might not need EE for the moment. I really have no problem with these 3 characters since they only really need a little tweak like a Shadow Rose would (+spd please), whereas characters like Haste, ML Leo etc need an actual balance pass like Basar..
There are units that needed EE way more than Cermia, G Purg, Tywin, and Charles, and now they need to wait yet another month for any sort of help. Surely it should be done in the order of units that need a boost. I'm on board with EE be a smaller tweak, but there are still units in front of those, and as we've seen with Charles those boosts have no been small either.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
There are units that needed EE way more than Cermia, G Purg, Tywin, and Charles, and now they need to wait yet another month for any sort of help. Surely it should be done in the order of units that need a boost. I'm on board with EE be a smaller tweak, but there are still units in front of those, and as we've seen with Charles those boosts have no been small either.

The only thing I can think of as to why they're doing it with certain characters is because they plan on making large changes or reworks to the units that would "desperately" need them.

Because to them it wouldn't make sense to release an EE and then change it like a wk or two later.

But then it becomes a bigger problem in terms of power gaps like with Charles, and with no mention of future reworks/balancing changes.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017

And for all we know some of those units are getting a Basar like boost (well hopefully not that much) in the November update that will now have Kise's buffs. I really don't see the need to carry on about these 3 units when they are not bad enough to receive a major buff or anywhere near as strong as Yufine/Charles were who have already received EE. Do some 4 stars need more help than G Purg? Of course but in 20 days time one of those units could be the next Fire Corvus while G Purgs best EE could be something as minor as 10% more provoke on S1.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I can think of as to why they're doing it with certain characters is because they plan on making large changes or reworks to the units that would "desperately" need them.

Because to them it wouldn't make sense to release an EE and then change it like a wk or two later.

But then it becomes a bigger problem in terms of power gaps like with Charles, and with no mention of future reworks/balancing changes.
Yeah I think that's the biggest issue. Charles was already strong, and when his buff was revealed there was a big wtf from the community (and now time has shown that that wtf was on the money). They maybe have an internal list that says these are the ones that need major buffs, but it's the not knowing that makes us think why are these the choices being made. Some more communication would be appreciated I guess. Knowing Kise will get a buff at some point is cool.
I really don't see the need to carry on about these 3 units when they are not bad enough to receive a major buff or anywhere near as strong as Yufine/Charles were who have already received EE.
And I really don't see the need for you to keep saying I'm talking purely about the most recent batch when I'm clearly talking about EE as a whole, with 2 of the 4 units I mentioned being in the previous batch. Feel like you're just arguing with me for the sake of it.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Cermia getting bonus armor penetration on her S3 would be massive.

I'm also going to guess that they're going to add something like "40% chance to cause a 1 turn burn with S1" EE. How Cermia, a fire sword wielding firey waifu doesn't burn is beyond me.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
And I really don't see the need for you to keep saying I'm talking purely about the most recent batch when I'm clearly talking about EE as a whole, with 2 of the 4 units I mentioned being in the previous batch. Feel like you're just arguing with me for the sake of it.

Oh you're talking about EE as a whole being a joke? Are units like Destina, Chloe, Rose, ML Silk, ML Aither, Armin, ML Dingo, Yuna and Serilla not deserving of EE? Of course strong units sometimes slip in either by design like Yufine to help sell a banner or because of the bigger picture .. like why would they buff Raikou in FGO JP, she's so good no AoE zerker can compare, it's so dumb other units deserve it before her *Godjuna is released a month later* Oh that's why.....

If you feel like I'm arguing with you for the sake of it well that's your prerogative, but I think you're overreacting and going by general opinion from what I've read here, there and everywhere for these reveals... they are nowhere near the same reaction as Charles.....

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
Cermia getting bonus armor penetration on her S3 would be massive.

I'm also going to guess that they're going to add something like "40% chance to cause a 1 turn burn with S1" EE. How Cermia, a fire sword wielding firey waifu doesn't burn is beyond me.

She already has that ability. It's called Junkyard Dog.

Im ok with these 3 getting EE. Other units outshine Bellona as defender breakers now. She could use a boost. I just recently 6* Cermia so hopefully this helps her quite a bit. Mine just has scuff gear on at the moment.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
Oh you're talking about EE as a whole being a joke? Are units like Destina, Chloe, Rose, ML Silk, ML Aither, Armin, ML Dingo, Yuna and Serilla not deserving of EE? Of course strong units sometimes slip in either by design like Yufine to help sell a banner or because of the bigger picture .. like why would they buff Raikou in FGO JP, she's so good no AoE zerker can compare, it's so dumb *Godjuna is released a month later* Oh that's why.....

If you feel like I'm arguing with you for the sake of it well that's your prerogative, but I think you're overreacting and going by general opinion from what I've read here, there and everywhere for these reveals... they are nowhere near the same reaction as Charles.....
Ok yeah you've clearly got some issue with me. This isn't the first time you've taken what I've said out of context in this thread. I'm always down for a good debate and discussion but you've been someone who constantly comes at me with out of context statements for whatever reason.

For reference I have been against EE from the very beginning, and like I stated during the first reveal it's great for lesser units, and that's what it should be for, but it will eventually go to stronger units and then it will be a problem. And that eventually came a lot sooner then it should have done. As I said in my previous post there should a priority order, and right now it feels like they keep skipping right to the end, shafting units who need help sooner. If there are other units that are being considered for buffs instead of EE, communicate that to us so we can feel like they're not being shafted. I'm not concerned for Kise cause she will get strengthened at some point. I am concerned for Charlotte because nothing is being said about her. And before that gets twisted that's just an example of a unit I'm thinking about, and not the reason.

If you want to continue taking what I'm saying out of context and not have a constructive discussion then just put me on ignore. I have noticed that you've done this repeatedly in this thread and, as far as I've noticed, only with my posts.

Hu3

Oct 25, 2017
Man can't get Luna for the life of me and I want her. Funny how i just popped Melissa in the first try but Luna nothing damn..

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I actually don't have too huge an issue with this batch of EE. Bellona fell out of relevance eons ago (pretty much around the time they initially buffed Tywin, really), Cermia does great damage but ONLY does damage (as opposed to Spez who gets a cooldown reset on kill plus extinction, or Lilibet who gets extinction plus skill nullifier), so I can understand them both getting a boost at this point in time. Better than fucking Charles and Tywin which was and still is a major "?????" moment.

General Purrgis though... dude's stun is guaranteed and he still fulfills a unique role as an anti-cleave CR booster. I do not want him being yet another stun fiesta character in a game full of stun fiestas. Hopefully that's not what he gets on his S3 boost, if he gets one at all (he might not - Tywin didn't). Otherwise, he indeed doesn't see that much play in this day and age, so it's understandable at least.

Charlotte's not getting hers for awhile because she's been slated for a total rework at some point, rendering an EE pointless until that goes through. Hopefully they don't butcher her for players who are already happy with the way she is...

The real question is: Apocalypse Ravi buff when? They can't hold off on us forever.

In all seriousness, Vildred I think needs a straight buff. Not to his damage, because fuck cleave meta, but some form of utility would be nice given that his S1 and S3 are pure damage and nothing else and his S2 is an on-kill proc. Ever since Champ Zerato got his buff I've been looking at this dude and wondering why anyone would bother. Arbiter Vildred is also just straight better in every way, which is expected, but the degree to which he's better is downright mind-boggling. Shit is ridiculous.

Also the team still has no idea what they're doing so I fully expect to be disappointed with the next balance dev notes. Gotta temper my expectations, y'know?

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
EEs were never meant as a replacement for buffs. That's what buffs are for.

Let EE be EE and let them buff characters whose kits actually need buffing via the monthly buffs.

Oct 25, 2017
I can't decide which is the best knight for tank/def cuz My MC's Ras was getting disadvantaged over both adventure/side story in advance now.

I have no problem with hunts/spirits with Ras, but I'm still stuck with level 7 and I deperately need more resources for my skills/equipment in order to surpass that. :\

commish

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I can't decide which is the best knight for tank/def cuz My MC's Ras was getting disadvantaged over both adventure/side story in advance now.

I have no problem with hunts/spirits with Ras, but I'm still stuck with level 7 and I deperately need more resources for my skills/equipment in order to surpass that. :\

Healers generally make the best tanks.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Been running into more DJ Basar/Lilias/Seallona teams more often. Right now they feel like a random chance of me winning since I don't have a particular team in mind to fight them and usually just throw in whoever I first see.

During the last one I faced one w/ Vildred. I was half asleep and brought Dizzy even though I was facing 2 cleansers. I totally lucked out in turn 1 when Dizzy did a dual attack to stun Seallona, and did a followup S1 with Dizzy again to stun the rest of the team. Then Baiken and C Dom cleaned them out one by one.

Status
Not open for further replies.