• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I want to do a few more pulls for him but I dread getting spooked my Maid Chloe.

Same, I really like Faithless Lidica's kit and Violet is the 5* on rotation with her so all my mystic medals are going in on Thursday. I'd be happy if I pulled either of them with my 40 or so pulls I have saved up.

I think people are sleeping on Faithless Lidica, especially for Real Time Arena.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I believe its a helm from the Roses May Bloom side story. They had a 3 week Side Story and each week had an epic piece of gear to obtain. Another was a rage weapon that I have on Luna and the 3rd was a Defense/Defense ring (which would have been awesome for your Fluri btw).

Yeah, that is why I had to resort to Dizzy. Her stuns are an added plus, but really she's there to mitigate the retaliation of a team that has SSB/F.Ceci while I'm first taking out A. Vildred or ML Ken. She also extends G.Purrgis' provokes so I can provoke low eff res targets so they don't go after Spez.
Damn, side stories used to give good gear!?

I suppose I could swap in Dizzy, but I think I'd need a rage set to make Yufine really capable as a unit deleter. Right now she hits hard, but not hard enough to oneshot tanky units like Ruele when she kinda needs to.

It's funny that you mention defense gear, because most of my tanks seem to scale on HP, to the point where I'm not actually sure where to put my def gear. I even prefer hp gear on Fluri to make her S2 more potent.

I guess on the plus side, if I ever build f. Maya then I have a ton of def gear to give to her.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Damn, side stories used to give good gear!?

I think that and the very first Christmas event (which I missed) were the only ones to give out gear. I don't know why they've gotten away from that, it was a nice gesture and almost always an upgrade for a unit in progress while not being top tier (since it was never Level 85 equivalent). The Lucky Amulet I have on Luna is another one I think you may have missed, good piece of gear (Crit C/Crit D with good sub-stats), and it was for like 1 million downloads or something like that.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I think that and the very first Christmas event (which I missed) were the only ones to give out gear. I don't know why they've gotten away from that, it was a nice gesture and almost always an upgrade for a unit in progress while not being top tier (since it was never Level 85 equivalent). The Lucky Amulet I have on Luna is another one I think you may have missed, good piece of gear (Crit C/Crit D with good sub-stats), and it was for like 1 million downloads or something like that.
Lol, I wish they still did that. Anything would be better than the stupid side story treadmill of collecting 8000+ Pebbles From Some Asshole's Rock Collection or whatever custom currency they come up with for each event lol.

The Halloween one was particularly bad. Three separate currencies for just one event. Bleh.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Lol, I wish they still did that. Anything would be better than the stupid side story treadmill of collecting 8000+ Pebbles From Some Asshole's Rock Collection or whatever custom currency they come up with for each event lol.

The Halloween one was particularly bad. Three separate currencies for just one event. Bleh.

Oh, it was still like that. Roses May Bloom had two or three separate currencies I believe, same deal with different artifacts increasing drop rates. They just had a reputation award that was a piece of gear.

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York

Please don't remind me of that. I still have nightmares for the grind I had to do. I am pretty sure that event alone burned me out. I have no motivation to work on the side stores since. Lol.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
We get a new piece of gear with every story drop now. New event gear as well would be nice though. Eventhough my Thorn Whip looks like I haven't even upgraded it at level 12.

uamOW9M.jpg

Piece of shit.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
I am livid.

Boredom sinking in. Stopped running labyrinth (too time-consuming for so little reward). Stopped spending flags. What does the game do?

Screenshot_20191126-140204.jpg

After a year and a month of playing this bloody game. After literal hundreds of ML rolls. It only decides to give me one after I've already reached the phase of total burnout.

Well, fuck you game. Still not wasting my time on this crap. All I'm going to do is raise this asshole, abuse him in GW, and not play the game otherwise.

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I am livid.

Boredom sinking in. Stopped running labyrinth (too time-consuming for so little reward). Stopped spending flags. What does the game do?

Screenshot_20191126-140204.jpg

After a year and a month of playing this bloody game. After literal hundreds of ML rolls. It only decides to give me one after I've already reached the phase of total burnout.

Well, fuck you game. Still not wasting my time on this crap. All I'm going to do is raise this asshole, abuse him in GW, and not play the game otherwise.

Grats. Especially since you have Iseria too.

Angleton

Oct 27, 2017
I did request 2 (I have 2 currently) from the guild (I did join the ResetEra guild) so hopefully someone has them to spare. Worst case I'll hopefully get enough I need next week. I'm only on the first continent and so I only have Areas 8 and 5S to buy Cold Looks from and I need 6.

Just donated one to you. I had a couple to spare so if you resubmit the request later I can send you another one.

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
Patch notes are out. Looks like the equipment conversion system is in. Surprise! More currency to collect to be able to use the system... what is wrong with SG.

Last edited:

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
2 equipment conversion a month is laughable. Seems like the required currency is a reward from World Boss or you're paying a hefty sum with silver transmit stones. Gonna craft boots for a while until the patch drops.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Just donated one to you. I had a couple to spare so if you resubmit the request later I can send you another one.

Thanks! And too the other person who also donated!

I finally was able to get Researcher Carrot! I was afraid when I saw: "Trial Battle" that I'd have to do a Level 60 Trial... and technically that was true but I liked that it was a story battle with a Lv 60 Carrot. Because I have no one who is 6 star yet. Which I don't think is going to happen for awhile...

But yeah, I'm not sure how "meta" she is but I love the design of Researcher Carrot and I have a thing for Fire characters. :D

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Sometimes I think the posters on the stove site are way over the top, but I'm starting to feel more and more like them each week.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Link to the notes for those who want it: https://page.onstove.com/epicseven/global/board/list/e7en001/view/4314868

Equipment Conversion:
2 per month per weapon type, I need a specific catalyst to get the main stat I want, and substats are still random. It's something but damn, they really don't want to make getting gear easier. If I could choose substats 2 per month would be less ridiculous, it wouldn't even be a guarantee of anything with random upgrades/ranges.

World Boss:
I'll admit I'm kind of torn between I wanted something a bit more engaging and they don't really need to add more things to manage.

Arena Gear:
All hit set, some pieces look really nice; effect resist always want to throw a wrench in things though.

Ravi Banner:
I was worried the second week would be an Aramintha banner. I have Ravi, so I'm good to go.

ML Lidica:
I like Lidica, her kit is interesting, I'm 10 from pity so I think I'll pull her.

Element Summon:
This was unexpected, I wonder how many connection pieces it takes.

Oct 25, 2017
I'm almost impressed at how fucked gear conversion is....jesus christ...2 per month and all you can guarantee are set and main stat...

World Boss rewards at least seem to be aight

edit: oh...its 2 per month per equip type...thats a little less terrible, however I'm also miffed at the horrid transmit stone cost of the gems

Last edited:

toastyToast

Oct 26, 2017
That's it for equipment conversion? smh. I haven't really played all that much for the last month and had it been more reasonable I might have been pulled back in. Between the fuckery that was a simple auto-repeat request (or just chest opening on auto) to this system which is supposed to make our lives easier, there's no real improvement on the horizon with this game. This is it more or less. Only saving grace we have is some Korea bros storming SG offices again. I want to play E7 but my god the systems. Why do they have to be like this?

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Since Ravi is the next hero banner decided to pull for Basar , got lucky and managed to get him under 10 summons. I guess I will pull for Ravi too since the BMs are accumulating.

The update comes with that special SG touch , designed to make you waste your time (unless you are lucky), instead of having a steady way of progression towards your goal, I'm not even surprised , expectations they would give players a reasonable way to acquire anything and meet their goals is nonexistent for me at this point.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is pretty underwhelming. What the game and its fairly piss poor UI needs is not another fiddly system and yet another currency. Equipment conversion is very disappointing. As are the world boss rewards (and why only 18 hours a day?) They also put effect resistance on every piece of season gear? Looking forward to getting it every time. Element conversion seems ok (but yet another currency?)

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Stealing Rokuren's format here.

A lot to unpack with this update (overall way too many more currencies):

Equipment Conversion:
2 per month seems so low that the conversion currency hopefully won't be an issue. Don't have too many issues with it, it's definitely an improvement but typical SmileGate fashion of attaching too many strings to it for it to really be a needle mover.

World Boss:
Team building is the fun part of the game for me, so I think I'll enjoy this even if it isn't real combat. The fact that the rewards have total duds in them like 6,000 gold or a pet snack is kind of ridiculous. But getting more chests for a higher rank gives you improved odds are rare resources like Gold Transmit Stones and Molagora. We'll see what the rates are.

Arena Gear:
I really like hit sets, especially in the ER meta. Looking forward to rolling all of this.

Ravi Banner:
Excited about Ravi, I have a mountain of skystones and bookmarks so I'll definitely pull for her. I've seen some crazy powerful ones and I'm lacking a good red DPS/bruiser since I don't have Ken.

ML Lidica:
Really really like ML Lidica and think her whole kit is slept on. Opening a match with a buff strip and a cooldown reset is really great, she won't win battles by herself but if used properly she can really really swing things. She'll be a stud in Real Time Arena especially with an 80% hit chance decrease on her S1. After pulling both J. Kise, A. Ravi, and DJ Basar all within 50 summons I am prepared to have to go pity here.

Element Summon:
Really cool that there is a 4-5 ticket for light/dark. Might take forever to build it up but the cumulative effect that all these small changes they've been making to the summoning system have really really worked out well. I see a lot more of my guild mates getting ML units and units that they want since the changes making the game a lot more fun. It may take 6 months to build up for a 4-5 star ticket, but the way they keep giving more opportunities is slowly adding up.

Huche Shop:
Discounts make some of these actually viable. I'll be buying the Mystic Medals because on average you'll spend more than 100 skystones hunting for one. I'll probably buy the Mola as well. Torn on whether 450 skystones is worth a Galaxy Bookmark, my gut says no.

THANK GOD FOR THE SKILL SELECTION BUG FIX!!!!

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Not being able to chose even a single substat feels like the real problem with the equipment conversion

h0tp0ck3t

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I got like 30 pulls saved for Lidica. If I don't get her I'm probably dumping this game. All my ML pulls are trash, all my gear crafts are trash, can't get passed SSB arena trash. Only thing that's been fun is guild war and basically the only thing I've been logging in to do

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm glad for the bug fix, but very underwhelmed by these changes. The dud drops are laughable.

I'm just confused about how SG's strategy has regressed so quickly.

They were rightfully yelled at for consistently attaching so many little "fuck yous" to their new systems that they were barely beneficial in the first place. The community went nuclear over this. I don't agree with how toxic the yelling got, but I understand why people were angry.

So SG apologizes profusely and starts adding good changes with no strings attached. Things like the gear planning tool, the pity on every banner, mola refunds, and the fact that new Ml5s aren't super ultra OP out of the box were all nice. People were happy with these changes and started getting more optimistic about the direction the game was taking.

But now that they have some goodwill back, SG goes straight back to their old ways and starts shoveling heaps of dumb shit into its new systems again. What the hell?

Are there some executives at SG that just absolutely can't stop shitting on new features in development?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
But now that they have some goodwill back, SG goes straight back to their old ways and starts shoveling heaps of dumb shit into its new systems again. What the hell?

Almost have to wonder if they have these teams so silo'd off that they don't learn from each other and are narrowly focused on developing their thin slice of the game and the powers that be that are coordinating it all are just clueless.

But then again they promised to remove powder of knowledge and shit drops from hunts a long time ago and still haven't.

There's zero reason to have 6,000 gold or a pet snack in there as a reward. That does absolutely nothing but infuriate the player base and create disappointment in the moment for players. It's odd shit like this that makes the community so angry. In an otherwise pretty large update that should have been about a cool new mode or a 4-5* ML tickets people are going to narrow in on their stinginess.

Oct 25, 2017
alright, the gear conversion is officially worse than anyone ever imagined

It takes two epics at +15 to max out the gauge when converting. Using any amount of unlevelled gear does basically jack shit

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Oh my god.

THIS COMPANY IS SUCH A JOKE IM DYING

WOW. Absolutely useless system then. Nobody +'s a piece of gear just to fucking fodder it when it costs millions in gold to do so. Won't be interacting with this AT ALL.

Literally nobody will use this. They are going to have to tone it down. I was expecting Alchemist Steeple level of investment.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
The WB chest doesn't bother me too much yet since you'll get 5-7 per fight(10-14 per boss day) and odds are your results won't be complete trash.

That equipment converter on the other hand is absolutely ridiculous, who's going to use that?

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Welp, yet another nothing update.

Btw I'm at mystic pity, should I get ML Chloe or Lidica? Have to decide before the change up

Edit: the only way I can see this being useful is using gears that don't roll well midway, since they'll have some +enhance levels.

Last edited:

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
The gear conversion system is inexcusable. Absolutely awful.

We knew what world boss was gonna be, but damn wasn't expecting the rewards to be so awful.

Element summon is a nice addition.

I'm cool with the arena gear since I usually like my debuffs units with some ER & survivability.

I have a +13 Ravi so easy skip. Thankfully.

6/10 update.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The gear conversion system is inexcusable. Absolutely awful.

We knew what world boss was gonna be, but damn wasn't expecting the rewards to be so awful.

Element summon is a nice addition.

I'm cool with the arena gear since I usually like my debuffs units with some ER & survivability.

I have a +13 Ravi so easy skip. Thankfully.

6/10 update.

Ready to lower your score?

Ice Soul Weaver

GPT2238.png

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
So to get my Researcher Carrots memory imprint up... Do I need to somehow get a bunch more of her? Is that the only way?

Status
Not open for further replies.