• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oct 25, 2017
Oh cool. Well, should take awhile (since it's purely RNG right?) but hopefully will achieve it.
it honestly wont take too long to end up with SSS of all 3*s

However most 3*s have terrible imprints.

The good self imprints are (with ego fragment):
Butcher Core Inquisitor (Effectiveness)
Bask (Effect Resistance)
Enott (Crit Chance, but no one cares about Enott)
Gunther (Dual Attack chance)
Taranor Guard (Crit Chance)
Lorina (Crit Chance)
Montmorancy (Effect Resistance, actually one of the straight up best self imprints because of who its on)
Adlay (Effectiveness)
Otillie (Effectiveness)
Jena (Effectiveness)
Hurado (Effectiveness)
Rima (Effectiveness)
Mistychain (Crit Chance)
Pearlhorizon (Effectiveness)
Gloomyrain (Effectiveness)
Requiemroar (Effectiveness)
Hataan (Crit Chance)

And good 3* non self imprint are just the ones with Speed
Roozid
Gloomyrain
Mirsa

However in this list, most dont even get used, then others like Lorina, Gloomyrain and Mirsa are hard to imprint due to moonlight.

Montmorancy is the best 3* with a good imprint tahts easily imprinted that actually gets used

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
My GW team planning has been sub-par today, hopefully a couple draws don't impact us. I'm trying to figure out non-Spez solutions to ML Ken since I'm seeing GW teams with A. Vildred on one team and ML Ken on another and Spez is easy button against A Vildred.

I tried once with a J. Kise and failed because his counter killed her off her S2 (triggered Sigurd's) before I could S3 (even through a Bastion 4k shield lol). Then tried again with a SSB/Dizzy combo and was foiled by immunity on ML Ken that I didn't expect because they also had a Lilias. I was going to let Lilias to waste her S3 then apply all the debuffs but couldn't do that due to immunity and instead his S3 totally blew me up because my Dizzy/Seallona S2 took him into Sigurd range before he moved.

Oh well, maybe it is time to build Yufine if I don't get ML Lidica. That or take a serious look at rebuilding Lilibet for another extinction option so I can keep Spez on ML Kens.

Last edited:

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017

Bask (Effect Resistance)
Lorina (Crit Chance)
Montmorancy (Effect Resistance, actually one of the straight up best self imprints because of who its on)
Adlay (Effectiveness)
Otillie (Effectiveness)
Jena (Effectiveness)
Hurado (Effectiveness)
Rima (Effectiveness)
Mistychain (Crit Chance)
Hataan (Crit Chance)

Roozid
Gloomyrain
Mirsa

However in this list, most dont even get used, then others like Lorina, Gloomyrain and Mirsa are hard to imprint due to moonlight.

Montmorancy is the best 3* with a good imprint tahts easily imprinted that actually gets used

Guessing Carrot's just straight ATK up isn't good?

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

Bask (Effect Resistance)
Lorina (Crit Chance)
Adlay (Effectiveness)
Otillie (Effectiveness)
Jena (Effectiveness)
Hurado (Effectiveness)
Rima (Effectiveness)
Mistychain (Crit Chance)
Hataan (Crit Chance)

Roozid
Gloomyrain
Mirsa

Helga also has a speed imprint. Her SC can't come soon enough.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
My GW team planning has been sub-par today, hopefully a couple draws don't impact us. I'm trying to figure out non-Spez solutions to ML Ken since I'm seeing GW teams with A. Vildred on one team and ML Ken on another and Spez is easy button against A Vildred.

I tried once with a J. Kise and failed because his counter killed her off her S2 (triggered Sigurd's) before I could S3 (even through a Bastion 4k shield lol). Then tried again with a SSB/Dizzy combo and was foiled by immunity on ML Ken that I didn't expect because they also had a Lilias. I was going to let Lilias to waste her S3 then apply all the debuffs but couldn't do that due to immunity and instead his S3 totally blew me up because my Dizzy/Seallona S2 took him into Sigurd range before he moved.

Oh well, maybe it is time to build Yufine if I don't get ML Lidica. That or take a serious look at rebuilding Lilibet for another extinction option so I can keep Spez on ML Kens.
Yufine is my usual answer to ML Ken. I CR push her and then hope she oneshots him. I tried that today and while the ML Ken survived, he got stunned so he couldn't counterattack (whew). Alternate choice is CDom with soulburn for the same single target nuke idea.

A soft counter might be Ssb. Her S2 doesn't seem to proc his counterattack.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Yufine is my usual answer to ML Ken. I CR push her and then hope she oneshots him. I tried that today and while the ML Ken survived, he got stunned so he couldn't counterattack (whew). Alternate choice is CDom with soulburn for the same single target nuke idea.

A soft counter might be Ssb. Her S2 doesn't seem to proc his counterattack.

Patiently awaiting my C. Dom's arrival. My SSB never seems to work out. If she lands unhealable it's a good slug it out option but hard to bring her when he's paired with a cleanser like Lilias or Ruele (which is exactly what I tried to do) and hope he doesn't have immunity (which he did). I've tried Baiken who can chip into someone like a Luna that works (or potentially detonate kill an already week ML Ken), but that really only worked when we were fighting teams that ML Ken was the only real threat.

I think I might build a one shot Yufine and make my J. Kise a speedster next unequip event.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Currently my main team (considering I'm not very far into the game, still in the first continent) since they're my only 50s though I will switch out occasional is...

Ras
Sigret
Karin
Researcher Carrot

Though I do have some 4 stars I haven't touched but leveled a bit through those dispatch stuff. Not able to look currently. Just those 4 I remember from memory.

Edit: If possible let me know if that is an alright team. I'm not going to play enough to be like a meta player or anything but still often enough.

Last edited:

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I've tried Baiken who can chip into someone like a Luna that works (or potentially detonate kill an already week ML Ken), but that really only worked when we were fighting teams that ML Ken was the only real threat.

I think I might build a one shot Yufine and make my J. Kise a speedster next unequip event.
Ugh, shoutouts to those ml Ken + avild + ruele comps.

I keep retooling Yufine and can't seem to find a build I'm fully happy with. I'm either missing speed, or crit rate, or tankiness, or damage. Right now she's missing just a bit of damage.

Big fan of her S1 damage equip, though. Makes her so good with anyone with double attack triggers.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Screenshot_20191127-130101.jpg

My, oh my, what an exciting game. (lol)

Honestly, this is just bad. I mean, it's completely braindead. All I do is pick elements that will cause the AI to focus on Dark Corvus and then watch him pick the enemy team apart one by one. Nothing new there, but now that I actually have him it's really struck me just how bad this game design is. It's just really, really bad design, dude. You shouldn't want units that are so completely braindead that the player can basically just default to using him without even the slightest bit of tactical consideration.

It's asymptomatic of all the other shit in this game that is very ill-considered, really. And there really is no shortage of that.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
I know in the end its my fault because I should of considered who i was facing but Maid chloe sucks, whats the point of reviving my teammates if they are just going to immediately get killed after they are revived.

patch is meh, only ML Lidica has my attention.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
The issue with Maid Chloe is that she's only really good in the hypothetical situation where you can immediately kill the enemy after your team is revived, i.e. when you're facing against a squishy cleave team with no sustain (which is quite the rarity at higher levels of play). Either that or you bring her alongside an actual healer.

Like many things in this game, her kit is rather ill-considered. Sustain is very important and she provides none (not even with Celestine), nor does she have any way of dealing with debuffs. As such, she's just a gimmick character and really is more of a deterrent on defense than an actual threat.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I know in the end its my fault because I should of considered who i was facing but Maid chloe sucks, whats the point of reviving my teammates if they are just going to immediately get killed after they are revived.

patch is meh, only ML Lidica has my attention.
I routinely bounce between thinking Maid Chloe is super good for her full party revive, and thinking she's useless because she doesn't do much besides that.

I've seen a lot of good defense teams work with her because of units like BBK, but I dunno if I could get good use out of her myself.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Screenshot_20191127-130101.jpg

My, oh my, what an exciting game. (lol)

Honestly, this is just bad. I mean, it's completely braindead. All I do is pick elements that will cause the AI to focus on Dark Corvus and then watch him pick the enemy team apart one by one. Nothing new there, but now that I actually have him it's really struck me just how bad this game design is. It's just really, really bad design, dude. You shouldn't want units that are so completely braindead that the player can basically just default to using him without even the slightest bit of tactical consideration.

It's asymptomatic of all the other shit in this game that is very ill-considered, really. And there really is no shortage of that.

I know I've said this before, but I have no idea why you keep playing this game. You seem so bothered by ... everything.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Damn no Faithless Lidica for me. I'm 100 away from pity but don't have enough gold. I'll keep chipping away at it since I really want her.

Got spooked good by an SS Achates, when that ML color pops you know you have a 50/50 shot of it being the 5*.

Can't complain considering I've gotten A Ravi, J Kise, and DJ Basar so far since the refund and new summon system.

Oct 25, 2017
I have around 9k of stones, should I pull for Ravi now or wait until the new unit is coming out (Ice Soul Weaver)?

I've already have a red, green, and light but I haven't gotten blue and dark yet.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I have around 9k of stones, should I pull for Ravi now or wait until the new unit is coming out (Ice Soul Weaver)?

I've already have a red, green, and light but I haven't gotten blue and dark yet.

We should get more info on the new unit through a data-mine before Ravi's ends so if you can be patient, wait and see what she does.

Owzers

Oct 26, 2017
I know I've said this before, but I have no idea why you keep playing this game. You seem so bothered by ... everything.

DC really is awful though. Needs a complete redesign so he actually has skills. He was my first and only ml 5 star for awhile but didn't use him right away as I was mainly doing pve things. Then I climbed in arena with him for a bit but the matches were awful.

edit: okay he does serve a needed purpose to bust super bulky obnoxious tank defenses, but he busts more than that and just slowly. He's a free win button in gw with the downside being the fights are boring. That doesn't seem well designed.

Last edited:

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
So this new unit Elena plus adamant shield or C.Armin should put a nice mute button on the AoE defence meta and possibly AoE offence cleave.

It's ok though cause we've got Double lots + Cermia (EE) now, LOL.

Pulled for Lidica:

First pull: Violet
Second pull: ML Lidica. We're done here.

Last edited:

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
lol
Screenshot_20191128-021037.jpg

I guess the game is trying really hard to bribe me...

I just think they have an excellent art team that's been completely hamstrung by a game design team that's, quite frankly, completely incompetent.

In all honesty I am really close to dropping the game outright. It was nice to be able to summon A. Ravi and all but fixing the issues with summons only made the horrible RNG-laden nature of the game's progression more apparent over time. It seems like gear is the one thing they really refuse to materially adjust.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
So this new unit Elena plus adamant shield or C.Armin should put a nice mute button on the AoE defence meta and possibly AoE offence cleave.

Pulled for Lidica:

Jesus congrats

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
DC really is awful though. Needs a complete redesign so he actually has skills. He was my first and only ml 5 star for awhile but didn't use him right away as I was mainly doing pve things. Then I climbed in arena with him for a bit but the matches were awful.

edit: okay he does serve a needed purpose to bust super bulky obnoxious tank defenses, but he busts more than that and just slowly. He's a free win button in gw with the downside being the fights are boring. That doesn't seem well designed.

Okay, but it's not the end of the world if a character is poorly designed or boring to play with.

Mupod

Oct 25, 2017

Pulled for Lidica:

I guess it was only a matter of time before they put Otillie's S2 on someone else and powercreeped the shit out of it.

Don't really have an answer to that character. I was briefly able to make arena tolerable with a Basar+Judge Kise cleave setup but I'm already back at the point where I often need to refresh 2-3 times to even find a single team I can beat. And I'm running into people so geared they can already survive the full combo no problem. Hell I saw a Destina last night who was so fucking fat she lived both hits with 60% hp (granted this person had a high rank border so I knew they were a turbowhale).

GW is a huge pain in the ass unless we fall REALLY far because I've been stuck in a gear rut for so long I can barely eke out wins against the easiest teams of scrub guilds. Used to go months on end with a perfect record but now I just lose constantly and do fuck all half the time. Used to be able to tank A.Coli like it was nothing but now those same heroes die in 2 hits and get lapped before their turn. My Ruele has all of my best tank/healer gear and 4/6 of her gear slots are from 2018. I churn through massive amounts of gear and can gear like 30-35 characters but I haven't actually made improvements on my best tank/damage stuff since February or so. Have seen some recent speed gear improvements but that just means I caught up to where folks were almost a year ago when I was losing to 240 Shadow Roses. Speed vs speed I still lose every time.

Not just PVP either. I know gacha PVP is stupid. But I struggle to even get an S in trials almost every week. When they very rarely add other new challenge content (was prenerf automaton the last time?) I get left in the dust by people who started playing later than me and spend a fraction of the time, money, resources. It just wears you down to grind nonstop and feel like you're standing still compared to everyone else. If I was holding steady and maintaining my status quo I'd probably be perfectly fine with the game even with the total lack of content. But the constant, slow slipping backwards is becoming too much to deal with.

Icarus

Oct 26, 2017
I know this is likely a dumb question but how do you guys farm for Mystics? Is it literally spamming the refresh button at the shopkeeper until you hit the mystics being sold?

I do Guild Wars as often as they appear but I'm still like 100 summons from the pity for a Mystic.

Just curious is all! Thanks!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
30+ pulls and no Lidica. Not sure why I expected anything less

Lol same, also just spent around 8 million gold and 5k stones refreshing the shop and was rewarded with my 20th Jena.

I need to scrounge together 20+ million gold, which won't be a problem in 28 days, but I'm concerned with how many skystones it takes to get Mystic Medals in the shop.

I counted roughly this morning and I was averaging around 200 skystones per Mystic Medal. I'm 86 away from Pity and have over 22,000 skystones but I'm at the point where I'd probably spend close to that whole stash going for her. Not sure it's worth killing my resources like that with other new banner RGBs coming up.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
What's exciting about ML Lidica? She looks like a solid lockdown character, but I don't see what makes her especially strong.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017

Pulled for Lidica:

That's just not fair....

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
I had a bug and lost all my pet snacks yesterday, I had 20 remaining and needed to grind for a catalyst so I launched the autobattle and left my computer.
Few hours later, I was disconnected, no more snacks, and not a single level done. No golds, no drops, nothing.
It's like the game never played but used all the snacks...

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Should I buy the 4-5 star ticket in the special shop for 950 or just buy 50 Covenant bookmarks or spend 400 for 200 mystic medals?

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
I regret every single thing I bought from Huche's shop. Got a dupe 4*, nothing but Jena's from the mystic summon, and flat boots with all flat substats/effectiveness for equipment.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
I had a bug and lost all my pet snacks yesterday, I had 20 remaining and needed to grind for a catalyst so I launched the autobattle and left my computer.
Few hours later, I was disconnected, no more snacks, and not a single level done. No golds, no drops, nothing.
It's like the game never played but used all the snacks...
If you fail the level it still consumes the snack. Only thing in the game that does that.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
What's exciting about ML Lidica? She looks like a solid lockdown character, but I don't see what makes her especially strong.

I don't think she's super strong either. Just a good unit that'll have her uses. She may be really good in Real Time Arena because all 3 skills are useful so she can really operate in any order making her difficult to plan around. CD reset and buff strip in a single kit will be awesome against C Merc in Trials.

Red Lidica is also one of my favorite units in the game so personal bias there in wanting her.

Involution

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Just so I don't waste too many skystones, what's the best thing to spend on in the special shop right now? I'm tempted for the hero ticket and mola and mystics. Would that pretty much be it?

Status
Not open for further replies.