• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
I can't fucking believe it; I finally beat floor 86 in abyss and the game crashes and doesn't register the win....... FUUUUUUUUCK!!!

cyldman

Oct 25, 2017
Portugal
Don't wanna be another downer on this thread but fuck sake what are these devs doing?
I love the game to death and I even accepted autobattle and pets with no critics whatsoever even if its not what I wanted.

But this gear conversion it's probably the most stupid implementation i've seen.
The fact that you need to have these gears leveled up for a good infuse for another RNG chance it's pretty crap.
Not only we lack gold and charms to increase gear, we also need to exp up the shit gear to infuse it away...

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
I guess the game is fucking bugged for me!!! 3 times the game has crashed on my amazon tablet!! I beat martail artist ken then the mushroom dies with him then tries to revive again the game freezes the crashes!!!

WHAT THE FUCK!!! am I doing someting wrong here!?!?!?!

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I guess the game is fucking bugged for me!!! 3 times the game has crashed on my amazon tablet!! I beat martail artist ken then the mushroom dies with him then tries to revive again the game freezes the crashes!!!

WHAT THE FUCK!!! am I doing someting wrong here!?!?!?!

One of the many common issues they've ignored for a long time. I don't remember off the top of my head but it's like Floor 90 where there are certain conditions that trigger it. Floor 90 they suggested making sure S. Tenebria wasn't killed by a debuff like poison/bleed. Try searching reddit? I feel like there is one here too with the state of the mushroom.

Sabin

Oct 25, 2017
sz99yjyp4j141.png

WB looking great! /s

psynergyadept

Oct 26, 2017
I guess the game rewarded me with a ML Ravi for my fustrastion...was 1 gold transmat sort for six and on the 5th pull down she came!

...now I'm afraid to use te 3 ML pulls I have....

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Good luck!

Also, wow! They seperated the EXP buff and Gold buff. For what reason? Lmao.

Does SG hate their playerbase?
It's another one of those inexplicable middle fingers that SG seems to like inserting into every aspect of their game.

Inserting a little bit of crap in everything is pretty much par for the course in gacha games because that's how these games make money, but E7 seems to go way overboard about it. Usually I'd expect the ratio in an average gacha game to be something like 80% at least somewhat useful stuff, 20% garbage grindy stuff, but E7 seems to tune things so that it's more like 5% or less useful stuff, 95% grindy garbage because of the layered RNG gating that nullifies the vast majority of normal progression materials like hunt drops. It's weird.

I really don't get it. The game developers have to recognize that this tuning is stupid too. That's why I can't help but think that these stupid tuning decisions are being ordered from higher up.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Finally got to do the world boss. Just let the auto team select handle it and got SSS. Got a effect resistance gem, 2 level 70 gear with flat stats, and the rest 6000 gold.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Got SSS too with auto select (and it selected some real crappy units lv 1). Seems like the ranking is really generous. Got crappy rewards but when a world boss takes 30s of my time I'm not expecting much. I wish they did something more engaging with WBs.

Outside of dailies and then ragequitting at the end of GWs, there isn't much to do lately in the game...

GloomyHitsuji

Oct 31, 2017
For Arena PvP, is Shadow Rose a good option? Or, should I invest into someone like Roozid, etc?
(Specialty Change isn't open yet, but I'm thinking down the road, if he's worth leveling up)

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
For Arena PvP, is Shadow Rose a good option? Or, should I invest into someone like Roozid, etc?
(Specialty Change isn't open yet, but I'm thinking down the road, if he's worth leveling up)
S.Rose has good skills, but she is a bit too slow to be a fight opener past a certain rank. Unless you have amazing gear, she will get outsped starting at around low Master rank or earlier. I rarely see her in Challenger, but if she's there, she's usually set as a second CR pusher who moves after someone faster.

I still see Roozid now and then, but usually paired with someone who has speed imprints, like Vildred.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
It's another one of those inexplicable middle fingers that SG seems to like inserting into every aspect of their game.

Inserting a little bit of crap in everything is pretty much par for the course in gacha games because that's how these games make money, but E7 seems to go way overboard about it. Usually I'd expect the ratio in an average gacha game to be something like 80% at least somewhat useful stuff, 20% garbage grindy stuff, but E7 seems to tune things so that it's more like 5% or less useful stuff, 95% grindy garbage because of the layered RNG gating that nullifies the vast majority of normal progression materials like hunt drops. It's weird.

I really don't get it. The game developers have to recognize that this tuning is stupid too. That's why I can't help but think that these stupid tuning decisions are being ordered from higher up.

It's ridiculous and indefensible.

Like, you've just introduced two new gold sinks (Pets & Gear conversion), then you restrict the gold buff that we used to get everyday during bonus events and it doesn't even run adjacent to the hunt material buff, inevitably we end up earning less gold than before.

That choice ONLY come across as "well, screw them. There's absolutely no reason to do it, but do it anyway".

I usually spend on gachas during holidays because yknow, cheap bundles. There isn't even a Black Friday pack, lol.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Got SSS too with auto select (and it selected some real crappy units lv 1). Seems like the ranking is really generous. Got crappy rewards but when a world boss takes 30s of my time I'm not expecting much. I wish they did something more engaging with WBs.

Outside of dailies and then ragequitting at the end of GWs, there isn't much to do lately in the game...
I'm probably going to take a break from the game after next week when the ATower resets and we probably get a new story chapter. I generally only care about PvE content but it's been nothing but depressing grind for gear/catalysts.

That and I want to try out KOF Allstar and I finally managed to get past the buggy title screen and actually play the game.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Got a gold transmit from wb.

They still need to change the rewards. The difference between low and mid/high end rewards are wayyyy too big. Low end minimum should at least be 100/150k if you SSS

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Aggressively ran hunts during the gold buff and then trolled the shop more for Mystic Medals. By my math it's about a 1% chance of rolling and I'm averaging 300 skystones per Mystic Medal bunch showing up. Absolutely mind-numbing refreshing that stop literally thousands of times.

Eitherway I'm spending all my gold and have spent about 10,000 skystones and am 90 rolls deep on this Mystic Banner with neither Violet or Faithless Lidica to show for it.

I'm nearing the point where the investment is so large and I'm nearing pity that do I wait 2 months to see what new ML there is and if I don't like that another 2 months? I'd prefer Faithless Lidica over any other existing ML unit, so repeats don't interest me even though they might be better, she seems more fun.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
All said and done the rewards actually aren't bad for 20 stamina spent. Between gear/gold/stones that drop its at least better than a single hunt. I actually got a 3* penguin.
That's true, but considering how this was supposed to be a big feature and new game mode, a fully auto game mode that plays a few fancy cutscenes and then gives slightly more gold than a hunt is rather underwhelming.

I don't get why they spent so much effort to create something that functionally doesn't do much. It's a new game mode, but there's nothing to "play" unless a bit of menuing counts.

Grim

Avenger
Oct 28, 2017
London, UK.
Aggressively ran hunts during the gold buff and then trolled the shop more for Mystic Medals. By my math it's about a 1% chance of rolling and I'm averaging 300 skystones per Mystic Medal bunch showing up. Absolutely mind-numbing refreshing that stop literally thousands of times.

Eitherway I'm spending all my gold and have spent about 10,000 skystones and am 90 rolls deep on this Mystic Banner with neither Violet or Faithless Lidica to show for it.

I'm nearing the point where the investment is so large and I'm nearing pity that do I wait 2 months to see what new ML there is and if I don't like that another 2 months? I'd prefer Faithless Lidica over any other existing ML unit, so repeats don't interest me even though they might be better, she seems more fun.

I say finish it. You're good enough at hoarding that you'll accumulate enough by the next new mystic if you fancy pulling methinks

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Didnt realise your world boss units were "spent" when you used them once. I suppose there would now be some incentive to gear up at least 12 of each element. If the game didnt make that basically impossible.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
I'm probably going to take a break from the game after next week when the ATower resets and we probably get a new story chapter. I generally only care about PvE content but it's been nothing but depressing grind for gear/catalysts.

That and I want to try out KOF Allstar and I finally managed to get past the buggy title screen and actually play the game.

I've been playing Kof myself for a few days. While I'm currently enjoying it, I know it won't be my future main gacha though.

It's frustrating cause Epic 7 has a really solid foundation, but the team behind it fail to build on it. It's the only gacha I've played where getting a new character is so punishing. I either have to bench it or sacrifice another unit's gear to use it... and as someone who doesn't enjoy pvp, the pve has been really lacking.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I say finish it. You're good enough at hoarding that you'll accumulate enough by the next new mystic if you fancy pulling methinks
I agree. If you like the unit enough to go all-in, then you mgiht as well go for it. The game has long enough pauses between banners that you should be able to save your way back up to a pity pull within a few months anyway.

Didnt realise your world boss units were "spent" when you used them once. I suppose there would now be some incentive to gear up at least 12 of each element. If the game didnt make that basically impossible.
I used the auto selection for both, and the second run pulled a bunch of ungeared level 50 units into its team. I think it still got A or B or something, so it's not a huge deal.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
Apart from the mola is anything worth getting from Hushe with the discount?
I routinely bounce between thinking Maid Chloe is super good for her full party revive, and thinking she's useless because she doesn't do much besides that.

I've seen a lot of good defense teams work with her because of units like BBK, but I dunno if I could get good use out of her myself.
I think if you treat her as a support she's very good as she offers attack buff plus a safety net. Her + a healer + a dps seems like a legit guild wars team.
I know I've said this before, but I have no idea why you keep playing this game. You seem so bothered by ... everything.
Tbf world boss is pretty bad lol.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017

World boss, pet system and equipment upgrade system are in my top 10 of dumbest gacha additions ever. Just so lame

I just got Troublemaker Crozet from my free roll, is he any good?

I use him often and think he's awesome. But he only works on specific comps and strategies. I use him to protect my Spez as I farm A Vildred and Ken teams.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Splitting the buffs really is annoyingly petty

Especially because this was supposedly already a lesson they learned. People were mad about it the first time, and it also being limited windows, and they've had it right ever since until now. Just don't get it.

Apart from the mola is anything worth getting from Hushe with the discount?

Compared to rerolling the Secret Shop for Mystic Medals and spending 280k in addition to ~300 skystones needed to roll for them the Mystic Medals are a very good deal, even when they pop up on his 12 hour rotation.

But if RGB banners are more important to you then no not really.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
I took some time away from guild wars, but recently I've been trying to make a comeback. I realised I really like lead CR pushers, so I kind of regret not going for ML Basar. I know he's not that good, but he's the only light CR pusher atm (afaik), and his cleanse immunity gives me more flexibility.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I took some time away from guild wars, but recently I've been trying to make a comeback. I realised I really like lead CR pushers, so I kind of regret not going for ML Basar. I know he's not that good, but he's the only light CR pusher atm (afaik), and his cleanse immunity gives me more flexibility.

He's really good, the Reddit and Stove communities complain about every character unless they are meta defining. Tons of DJ Basar defense teams in both Champ and Legend and I use him all the time against Basar defenses.

Ran into a nasty GW defense with him yesterday, he burnt our guild pretty bad. Basically it was A Vild, Lilias, DJ Basar and since you had to go after A Vild first you ended up leaving Lilias and DJ Basar which led to double the healing. I actually used DJ Basar to win that match haha.

It's part of the reason I'm going after ML Lidica, the meta changes constantly and I like to have characters with unique skill sets on my roster. That and when the community complains as loudly as they do they'll probably get tuned down the road.

Aurizen

Oct 25, 2017
Philly
I'm loving the backlash the game is getting since the update. I'm seeing it all unfold on Reddit... Revenue is down. game rating dropped. They have to respond ASAP.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Oh wow hadn't been on Reddit in awhile didn't know it was getting review bombed in the Play store. A 3.7 is awful, they are going to struggle pulling in new players.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I just got Troublemaker Crozet from my free roll, is he any good?
I hear he's a fantastic bodyguard character, but I haven't seen him around often myself. He protects one person really well, so he's good for comps that have one glass cannon.

Oh wow hadn't been on Reddit in awhile didn't know it was getting review bombed in the Play store. A 3.7 is awful, they are going to struggle pulling in new players.
They're getting review bombed? I never liked brigading like that, but the anger is understandable. Especially since it's only been a few months since SG got yelled at for doing exactly the same stuff they're doing now and claimed that they've learned their lesson.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I hear he's a fantastic bodyguard character, but I haven't seen him around often myself. He protects one person really well, so he's good for comps that have one glass cannon.

They're getting review bombed? I never liked brigading like that, but the anger is understandable. Especially since it's only been a few months since SG got yelled at for doing exactly the same stuff they're doing now and claimed that they've learned their lesson.

Yeah, it's not a good look for SmileGate, you have to really fuck up for your loyal user base to attempt to kill the game.

I usually don't condone these things but they have not been delivering on their promises in the slightest.

Nirran

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Desire sensor can tell when someone is getting bored and looking to quit. Used a ton of bookmarks on the Ravi banner and said if my ml summon was junk I was done. Purple sparkles and right side pop up. ML Ken pops out. He was high on my list when trading Baal and Aram in. So needless to say, I'm interested in playing with the new toy.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
He's really good, the Reddit and Stove communities complain about every character unless they are meta defining. Tons of DJ Basar defense teams in both Champ and Legend and I use him all the time against Basar defenses.

Ran into a nasty GW defense with him yesterday, he burnt our guild pretty bad. Basically it was A Vild, Lilias, DJ Basar and since you had to go after A Vild first you ended up leaving Lilias and DJ Basar which led to double the healing. I actually used DJ Basar to win that match haha.

It's part of the reason I'm going after ML Lidica, the meta changes constantly and I like to have characters with unique skill sets on my roster. That and when the community complains as loudly as they do they'll probably get tuned down the road.
Yeah you're right. I think it's just because people (incorrectly) think of soul weavers as healers, so cause his healing isn't that good people say he's trash. But I think he makes a really good support.

The team I tested in Friday's guild war was M Hazel + Melissa. DJ Basar would fit in that team nicely. Both as a support and a CR pusher. Maybe I'll get lucky from AT today.

Edit: I didn't get lucky :(

Last edited:

Staab

Oct 28, 2017
Meh, not much hope they've learned their lesson over at SG after what happened in the early summer...
It's going to be the same hollow promises for 2months, a "gift" to all the loyal players and then next update the same crap, more currencies, more grind, the illusion of gear betterment...
Too bad, could've been a really solid base to build on but they're squandering it away...

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Splitting the buffs really is annoyingly petty

This. So much this. The things they do can be incredibly petty and silly. This new store is another example. 40 mystic bookmarks? You couldn't make it 50, really? Not that the stuff in there is ever useful. 6000 gold from world boss? Really? Come on! This could be the one gacha to rule them all but man do they keep making asinine decisions.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Two ML rolls from AT and two Batisse. I'm still 0 for eternity on 5* from the actual ML pool. I think it's pushing into horribly bad luck territory.

110 deep now on this Mystic banner, we're almost there. 17,000 skystones gone in shop re-rolling. Scary to think in the past 3 days I've rerolled that shop nearly 6000 times. Also in horribly bad luck territory now for the mystic banner, no Violet or Lidica yet and only a single Durandal.

I better roll this new soul weaver on the first try lol.

GloomyHitsuji

Oct 31, 2017
S.Rose has good skills, but she is a bit too slow to be a fight opener past a certain rank. Unless you have amazing gear, she will get outsped starting at around low Master rank or earlier. I rarely see her in Challenger, but if she's there, she's usually set as a second CR pusher who moves after someone faster.

I still see Roozid now and then, but usually paired with someone who has speed imprints, like Vildred.

Thanks, I'll save my resources for Roozid and others then, and try not to invest too much in S.Rose, don't have enough molagora.

Btw, Any idea how to look for a (more active) guild? My current guild barely gets 10 members sign-in each day =.=

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks, I'll save my resources for Roozid and others then, and try not to invest too much in S.Rose, don't have enough molagora.

Btw, Any idea how to look for a (more active) guild? My current guild barely gets 10 members sign-in each day =.=

There's a few here on Era, we can probably make room in EpicEra if you are interested.

Alkez

Oct 25, 2017
It frustrates me that those who want PvE content aren't getting it. The story is a lot better, but the actual content itself is not challenging. There's no permanent challenge content additions. You literally can't manually play world boss. I just don't understand what they're thinking.

Status
Not open for further replies.