• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
i dont get why not in the meantime while they figure out new pve content they just not give some ultra hell difficulty setting with rewards to match for content they already have released, and like an alt abyss for every floor released so far full of ml characters, named bosses and heroes in replace of normal fodder.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
i dont get why not in the meantime while they figure out new pve content they just not give some ultra hell difficulty setting with rewards to match for content they already have released, and like an alt abyss for every floor released so far full of ml characters, named bosses and heroes in replace of normal fodder.

This was basically Automaton Tower and people complained so much about the difficulty that SG was all but forced to nerf it. Now you can auto the entire thing in less than an hour. Same with the Nilgal nerf. They bring back the real AT and a lot of the "content" problems are solved.

I look back at some of the ways the playerbase forced the devs in regards to PvE content and I'm not surprised they are no longer interested in delivering difficult PvE content. If you couldn't clear it day 1 with your standard Dizzy comp people bitched until it was nerfed.

But I agree about some simple things like releasing the rest of the Hell bosses. All they have to do is take the original versions, add a couple tweaks, and release it and it's been almost a year with no updates to that?

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
AT was definitely overtuned when it first came in compared to the rewards it was giving. They overcompensated too hard, like they do basically every time. They could have lowered the difficulty less and upped the rewards some to hit a nice middle ground. It's not the players fault the devs cant balance things.

It's not as if instead of releasing PvE content they're releasing anything particularly significant instead. I wonder how big the dev team is, it seems to be performing well financially so you'd think they would have expanded but I imagine it doesnt quite work like that.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
They did hire extra staff around the time of their apolotour. Of course that could be expanding from 6 people to 8.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
AT was definitely overtuned when it first came in compared to the rewards it was giving. They overcompensated too hard, like they do basically every time. They could have lowered the difficulty less and upped the rewards some to hit a nice middle ground. It's not the players fault the devs cant balance things.

It's not as if instead of releasing PvE content they're releasing anything particularly significant instead. I wonder how big the dev team is, it seems to be performing well financially so you'd think they would have expanded but I imagine it doesnt quite work like that.

IMO they needed to keep the overtuned content but just change the rewards to be cosmetics and not the most valuable resource in the game. Or actually have allowed Stigma use on 90-100 with the original difficulty but make it invalidate your shot at the leaderboard or something.

Games get stale when there is nothing to progress towards and that's where we are at right now.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
IMO they needed to keep the overtuned content but just change the rewards to be cosmetics and not the most valuable resource in the game. Or actually have allowed Stigma use on 90-100 with the original difficulty but make it invalidate your shot at the leaderboard or something.

Games get stale when there is nothing to progress towards and that's where we are at right now.

Yeah that would have worked equally well. Beyond actual mechanical balancing they seem absolutely appalling at working out a satisfying balance of effort vs reward. Even by gacha standards.

Ennsa

Oct 25, 2017
Got Otillie and Doris from my AT rewards. At least they're right next to each in the hero list for quick imprinting.

Used all my charms from AT on both Vildreds and both Basars. They now got pretty decent CP despite me rarely rarely using/investing in them. I still need way more speed on my Basars til I'm satisfied with using them more regularly.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
I'm kinda stuck in the game for now, can't seem to progress anymore and I feel like I need a new character for that (duh). Maybe you have some advices.
Me team is :
Angelic Montmo : 60 and well leveled up, I managed to get her the last upgrades from the skills enhancements so she can heal with her S2
Luna : 60 good dps
Lena : 60 good dps also, I followed the advice here to get her to 60 to farm with the fodders, it was really useful, took me one week to get another 60
Ken : 50... useless ? can't do dps, can't tank

I've got very average pieces of armors, they are lvl 85 but with really poor stats.
I can't farm W11. I can chain W9 and sometimes can beat W10 but other than that, i'm stuck.
I can't finish the second story either, I'm stuck at 10-7.

Maybe I should replace my Ken with a tank ? But I only have Crozet, Armin... They don't really scream top tier to me.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Vinimaw, which other characters do you have?
5*
Mercedes, Aither, Ras, Yuna
4*
Maya Fighter, Silk Nomad, Maya, Kiris, Alexa, Serila, Crozet, Surin, Lots Aux, Cartuja, Armin, Rin, Silk, Karine, Romann, Purgis, Clarissa, Schuri, Achates, Corvus, Lots
3*
Elson, Adlay, Hazel, Lorina, Carrot, Kluri, Enott, Roozid, Perlhorizon, Carmainrose, Taranor Guard, Judith, Jecht, Jena, Tieria, Butcher, Rima, Nemunas, Hataan, Helga, Royal Taranor Guard, Ains, Mist, Mucacha, Azalea, Eaton, Perlhorizon, Rikoris, Pyllis,

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Taranor guard built with 55% effectiveness and skills off can give you a more consistent defensive break in wyvern in kens place, it will give Lena and Luna more chances to to damage on wyvern.

As for the harder story stages try going double healer one with utility and heals, like Lots give combat readiness giving you team more turns and he heals or try bringing a tank specifically to bait the ai enemy and befriend high level supporters.

Glad that they responded, but it looks like they are going to try and stick to their guns..

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Your current goal is to clear and farm W11, right? Can your Montmo tank it? He will only focus one character as long as that unit can survive the three hits, then you need enough damage and def break (which you have).

You've got a lot of possible setups with the characters you have. Some examples here:

I personally never used a tank before I got Lilias so I wouldn't recommend building one yet (except Corvus maybe from the units you have), however Achates is a really strong healer that helped me get through the first half of the Abyss. And she was buffed since, so she's even better now. Double healers comp work well in my opinion for a lot of harder content.

But you have some real strong units already. Yuna, Armin, Karin can all help in different contents. Kiris will be worth investing into for som Abyss cheesing (50 is enough). And don't sleep on Ken, he's a top unit.

I hope one day they'll have a rerun on the Guilty Gear units for newer players. Dizzy broke the pve side.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for your advices.

I will try to boost Taranor, do you think that 5* is enough ?

Montmo can't tank W11, when we arrive at the wyvern, she's already almost dead. I just got Achates from the daily summon so she would need investments, l'll look into it.
Ken is 5* but I just can't seem to find the right stuff for him...

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
When i used him my Taranor guard was only 5* he still is.

For Montmo to tank she needs about 20k hp. Dont be afraid to use broken sets to reach 20k, My angelica still has broken sets on my 3 man Wyvern team.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
We'll see what the actual reduction in equipment costs will be. The pet adoption ticket and snack reputation is great, but again see how many snacks you get. World Boss I thought the rewards were fine for 20 stamina, but I guess I'll take some extra loot.

I don't get why the pet adoption ticket will take so long to implement. Just give everyone a ticket and snacks every day via the mailbox, problem solved until you can put it in game.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for your advices.

I will try to boost Taranor, do you think that 5* is enough ?

Montmo can't tank W11, when we arrive at the wyvern, she's already almost dead. I just got Achates from the daily summon so she would need investments, l'll look into it.
Ken is 5* but I just can't seem to find the right stuff for him...

How far are you in abyss? Have you got all the guaranteed gear from labyrinth? Do you do raid every week?
Personally I'm not a fan of levelling taranor guard, when you can use Clarissa - who is a good entry level PvP cleaver, Furious who is one of the few chars who give Crit Up, or Karin who is a decent entry level PvP dps. T guard is only used on wyvern and you already have Luna so you don't really need him imo.

Oct 25, 2017
I would certainly run Luna Karin and forget about TGuard. However your tank is an issue. Double healer works well but that generally has Angelica tanking. You would need to build up Momo as a tank and have Achates as off healer. Achates is excellent in that role.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
How far are you in abyss? Have you got all the guaranteed gear from labyrinth? Do you do raid every week?
Personally I'm not a fan of levelling taranor guard, when you can use Clarissa - who is a good entry level PvP cleaver, Furious who is one of the few chars who give Crit Up, or Karin who is a decent entry level PvP dps. T guard is only used on wyvern and you already have Luna so you don't really need him imo.

Abyss level 52, almost never farmed the Labyrinth (Tirel 95%, Farch 7%, Nixied 9%), Raid 0%
So yeah, lots of things to do :)

Problem with sets for Ang. Montmo is that I need to farm the Golem right ? To have health or resists sets.
I don't have much stuff, I sell everything that is not red or purple :/

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Theres some good gear in the labyrinth (look online for the locations) theres also good gear in the Cidonia AP shop. You should get round to doing raid as well if possible. Most people giving advice just want you to rush through everything so you can get late game (so you can be miserable with the rest of us) but I think it's better to slowly try different areas and just ensure you are slowly progressing. Try PvP as soon as you can beat all the AI, try to make a raid team as there are decent rewards there, and yes try to beat wyvern 11 but don't try to get a 20k hp character when you probably don't even have a 10k one.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
Abyss level 52, almost never farmed the Labyrinth (Tirel 95%, Farch 7%, Nixied 9%), Raid 0%
So yeah, lots of things to do :)

Problem with sets for Ang. Montmo is that I need to farm the Golem right ? To have health or resists sets.
If you have skystones refresh the shop look for 85 right side gear with main hp% stats, just max anything you get, my angelica is still rocking grey hp boots. Arena has hp gear for sale the helm and armor should be good enough. farming golem is ok but it will often just lead to disappointment.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I like that the S1 arena gear came back, I never got it the first time around. That's a good set if some rolls go your way.

Totally burnt myself out on this game over the long weekend. I'm entering hoarding mode until the next buff event. Still a little salty that I've spent what amounts to 5 months of saved resources and have nothing but an SS Achates to show for it and a pity counter of 20. I know I'll get ML Lidica, but it doesn't feel good anymore. I don't think I'll be doing that again in the future.

On the bright side I still have 8k skystones and 400+ covenant bookmarks so I didn't totally hamstring myself.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017

I actually agree with this. The problem I have with making AT too hard again is the fact that you lose out on a moonlight summon if you can't do it, but if they changed the rewards that would be a good idea. Originally they talked about having a harder mode for AT iirc, so they could still do this like how you said.

Ultimately though I think more permanent end game PvE content is needed. You want something to be there to work towards. Another world difficulty and more Abyss floors (that aren't total bs) would be good.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
These changes have to be pretty big to keep the rage down. Dunno if it'll be enough.

Part of me thinks that they don't want to give full free auto-repeat or massively increase the amount of snacks available because it'll just highlight the energy problem even further.

Still ridiculous that they haven't addressed gold and energy issues.

Wb is literally nothing content, and took almost a year to come out. They've been content starved for a VERY long time now. I'm hoping that lab rework is this month cause I don't think even a Christmas Event would help it, unless its an absolutely massive event that can be constantly farmed.

E: they're also having the glory crest reset issue again LOL, damn man they can't catch a break

rmkga5ua78241.png

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
E: they're also having the glory crest reset issue again LOL, damn man they can't catch a break

rmkga5ua78241.png

Hopefully they just give everyone Glory Crests again. It's a dumb currency that serves no purpose but to slow gear progression down. If people have the conquest points for it they should be able to buy the gear.

PandaShake

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
when I started this game a few months ago, I'd didn't expect end game to be grinding a single dragon and pvp. I'm still loving it, but improvements needs to be better than proposed.

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
cw_sasuke you good giving up your spot, I think you ditched that account it hasn't logged in for 20+ days.
Oh sure kick me...for some reason I thought you already had deleted me - as I said before I didn't want to continue playing on an account backed on some fakebook account.

So done with the game for now - might come back if they ever release Queen Diene as a unit ....lol.

Anyway...hope you guys continue to enjoy the game !!

Oct 25, 2017

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017

I'm still using grey/green gears on my main units. You cannot wait until you drop the perfect gear (cause let's be honest, if it happens once a year you'll be among the lucky ones), so you gotta use what you can as long as the main stats are good. If the substats are good too, then that's a bonus.

I would advice to start being more picky once you'll have teams that can clear the current content.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
lt519 I got your mail invitation but I had to wait for tomorrow because of I left previous for period of time. :\

Yup, no worries, we'll hold it for you. Do you want to participate in GW? We're up there in rank so you're likely to get a butt whipping but it's good for rewards. We'd probably have to hide you in the back tower until you rank up and get a defense built.

Oct 25, 2017
Sure, my units are pretty much higher than around 80k-100k so I have no problem with participate in GW anyway.

Just to be clarify, that team is 3 each units for GW and my original teams was average 150k-160K at best.

Last edited:

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
I'm still using grey/green gears on my main units. You cannot wait until you drop the perfect gear (cause let's be honest, if it happens once a year you'll be among the lucky ones), so you gotta use what you can as long as the main stats are good. If the substats are good too, then that's a bonus.

I would advice to start being more picky once you'll have teams that can clear the current content.
I will, but I don't understand how the gear scales, is a grey/green scales just like a red/purple and gives the same amount of stats ?

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Yes and no. The main stats will always be the same regardless of the quality (so a grey +15 necklace will have the same main stat as an epic +15 necklace).

The difference will be in the substats. While lower quality gear will also end up with 4 random substats, they won't go as high as higher quality gears.

For instance when a grey gear will gain a new substat at +3, higher quality gear will get their first stat enhancement at +3. But in the end all gears will have 4 substats at +15.

Note that this can also mean that having a blue gear with two good stats is worth investing into as you are sure that the first two enhancements will happen for those two stats (at +3 and +6 respectively).

But at your point in the game, you will first gain your biggest upgrades from the right side gears and their main stats. So take %crit/crit dmg/hp/etc right side gears and upgrade them to +15 and you'll get substantial power ups.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Thanks alot, it's clearer now and I'll be more careful with the stats, for now I was selling so much stuff.

I'm scared though, I had 2 ML invocs and got 2 Slik Nomad... I just got another monthly ML invoc to do and if there is another shitty character...Those invocations are so rare, I really need to let go with the high expectations.

Edit : ...... Ilryos Axe............

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks alot, it's clearer now and I'll be more careful with the stats, for now I was selling so much stuff.

I'm scared though, I had 2 ML invocs and got 2 Slik Nomad... I just got another monthly ML invoc to do and if there is another shitty character...Those invocations are so rare, I really need to let go with the high expectations.

Edit : ...... Ilryos Axe............

For context, I've been playing since January and have never pulled an ML 5* from that pool. Don't expect anything and you won't get frustrated. There are however a lot of great ML 4* and a few good ML 3*. Axe being one of the good ones especially for early game players.

SeZMehK

Turnip King
Oct 27, 2017
New York
Shit, I haven't touched the game for a few days now. That update really bummed me out. Well not only that, was playing Pokemon in the meantime. Lol.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
For context, I've been playing since January and have never pulled an ML 5* from that pool. Don't expect anything and you won't get frustrated. There are however a lot of great ML 4* and a few good ML 3*. Axe being one of the good ones especially for early game players.
Can confirm. I've been playing since May or June or so, and have never gotten an ML5 from galaxy bookmarks. There's a running joke about how ML pulls are the rarest kind of pull, except you will almost always just pull another Elson or something because the ML pool is mostly 3* units.

I have gotten quite a lot of ML 4* units though, so I consider myself lucky.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
If anyone has ML Lidica, I'm finding success pairing her with C Dom. Lidica's s2 and s3 crit 5 times and can take someone out, while powering up and pushing up dom to one shot someone right after. 4v2.

Magneto

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If anyone has ML Lidica, I'm finding success pairing her with C Dom. Lidica's s2 and s3 crit 5 times and can take someone out, while powering up and pushing up dom to one shot someone right after. 4v2.
Got them both, how have you built your ML Lidica and your C.Dom :o ?

Last edited:

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
I dont know about Lidica but Cdom should have 50% crit chance and as high attack and crit damage as humanly possible.

Status
Not open for further replies.