• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I dunno if I would really want to do Part 2 of Diene's and another new one at the same time.

Dandy Crocodile

Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
If only I had more time. Hopefully I'll hit Diene soon but I'm living skystone to skystone at the moment.
I want the dragon girl. :(

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, Alencia's ratios are some of the worst in the game for a bruiser. Why does she need to be penalized with a 0.5x attack multiplier on everything?

Plus she needs literally all the stats (except attack); there is no stat she can afford to skimp on. Without effectiveness she'll never land her def break; without crit chance and crit damage she'll deal no damage; without speed she can't capitalize on her S3 defense buff or its cool down reduction. A. Ravi at least gets to ignore effectiveness and has a significantly lower crit chance stat burden thanks to her passive. Alencia is an absolute nightmare to try to gear up.

I stand by my statement that she is severely underwhelming. A worse Charles whose only real strength is being able to randomly and very rarely wombo combo a squishy enemy, but is otherwise as vulnerable to speed cleave as anyone else. She ain't gonna help you solve Basar+Tywin, let alone Aux Lots+Judge Kise. What stale gameplay design.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
My defense is getting targeted so hard this arena week, I have no idea why. I usually get attacked ~15 times a day and I've already been hit 50+ times already. At least my defense is doing work. Don't mind the attack percentages, I get bored mid week and start experimenting when I hit Champ 2/3. This week is the real attack percentage which matches up almost perfectly with Moonlight Dreamblade lol.

oWiOO2L.jpg

I finally found a defense that does a decent enough job and wins against both cleave and revive comps while not getting totally annihilated by one or the other.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
Wow, Alencia's ratios are some of the worst in the game for a bruiser. Why does she need to be penalized with a 0.5x attack multiplier on everything?

Plus she needs literally all the stats (except attack); there is no stat she can afford to skimp on. Without effectiveness she'll never land her def break; without crit chance and crit damage she'll deal no damage; without speed she can't capitalize on her S3 defense buff or its cool down reduction. A. Ravi at least gets to ignore effectiveness and has a significantly lower crit chance stat burden thanks to her passive. Alencia is an absolute nightmare to try to gear up.

I stand by my statement that she is severely underwhelming. A worse Charles whose only real strength is being able to randomly and very rarely wombo combo a squishy enemy, but is otherwise as vulnerable to speed cleave as anyone else. She ain't gonna help you solve Basar+Tywin, let alone Aux Lots+Judge Kise. What stale gameplay design.
my post is not related to actual character discussion.
Where do you find information such as .5x attack multiplier?

OhmygoditsJROD

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017

She is very cute and has super fun animations. Welcome to gacha

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
She'll be great in PvE. I think people tend to forget that RGB is supposed to be targeted at PvE. Defense Up, Defense Break, and Dispel are all really powerful and have great utility. She'll have niche uses in PvP but I think she'll be a really strong PvE unit.

I already see her being awesome against Archdemon Mercedes in Trials which is the only Trial that I struggle with since on a counter set she can dispel pretty regularly with the cooldown, provide defense, and defense break.

She'll be great for Azimanuk and Banshee as well.

I see her like a Green Luluca in a way.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I wouldn't say she's underwhelming personally, but I do also feel she is a worse Charles. However Charles is unnecessarily strong (because yay unneeded EE) so I'm not sure it's a detriment to be compared to a character that probably needs some slight tweaking.

I heard that a lot of people are using fast Kayron with his EE these days to counter Basar so could be worth trying that.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, I'd forgotten trials existed until someone mentioned it above. I sort of feel I'm done with this game, it's incredibly stale. Probably stick around till Straze shows up though.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I actually wasn't expecting Alencia this week since I thought she'd get a side story and that they wouldn't layer that on top of 2nd week Diene.

I think the holidays are just giving people more time to attack. I had to fight to avoid getting kicked out of challenger 5 the first day last week, it's calmed down for me this week.
my post is not related to actual character discussion.
Where do you find information such as .5x attack multiplier?
Someone maintains this spreadsheet https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1aqL0Uj26PRW_jAUj8pYaSls_DOuFq30fvwQh8ol74-E/edit#gid=0
I think the general wikis also show the info, I think the spreadsheet updates with datamines and will update first, I know the gamepress one does https://gamepress.gg/epicseven/hero/alencia

Alencia's lower attack rate isn't that big an issue as she's an HP scaling hero.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
No, attack rate matters on every hero. Even on Apocalypse Ravi and Ken it's a significant portion of their damage output. Level 85 weapons alone will provide a significant boost to attack power.

Now, if she had higher HP multipliers than anyone else, this wouldn't be an issue... but her HP multipliers are no higher than existing bruisers, meaning she has the same benefit from HP AND her attack ratios are significantly nerfed. Not a good look.

I can only assume that they balanced her around having 100% uptime on her S2, which is very strange when it only has a coinflip proc chance after molas.

The idea of her being a PvE hero would have merit if we had PvE content.
I wouldn't say she's underwhelming personally, but I do also feel she is a worse Charles. However Charles is unnecessarily strong (because yay unneeded EE) so I'm not sure it's a detriment to be compared to a character that probably needs some slight tweaking.

I heard that a lot of people are using fast Kayron with his EE these days to counter Basar so could be worth trying that.
Fast EE Kayron would be functionally identical to my Assassin Cidd, lol. Would literally change nothing. Neat idea for people who don't have A. Cidd tho.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think they were afraid of making her too strong. If her minds eye buff is up she's guaranteed a follow up and with her 10 soul burn that lands a def break she has good potential to blow people up.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I haven't been attacked much this week, but I expect it to pick up later if I climb a little. My defense works well for challenger V but falls apart at higher levels.

I've been kinda phoning it in at the arena again because I'm just so sick of attacking into revive comps, Lilias combos and fast Basars. I only have soft counters against most of the meta units so it's boring to try to grind it out and then wind up losing to the same bullshit you've seen a hundred times anyway.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Was really hoping Alencia would be tonight so I could pull on her then try Krau, oh well.

I've been kinda phoning it in at the arena again because I'm just so sick of attacking into revive comps, Lilias combos and fast Basars. I only have soft counters against most of the meta units so it's boring to try to grind it out and then wind up losing to the same bullshit you've seen a hundred times anyway.

Haha yeah, if I didn't have Spez I wouldn't bother nearly as much. It's so easy to deal with the tons of A Vild teams. There are some interesting comps up in Champion that I get creative with just to experiment and try different things. I used to have a good defense rate (30%+) in Challenger too, dropped all the way to like 5% once I hit Champion lol.

I think there are so few players in Champion (especially Champ 2/3) that defense comps get stale after awhile too. People know who they can pick on and who to avoid so after a few weeks your defense win rate starts to tank. I certainly know what teams have the high effect resist ML Ken's that slaughter me.

Owlowiscious

Oct 27, 2017
did i waste my bookmarks pulling?

I hope my pity counter does not reset when she comes back.
? I'm guessing like any game, a pity counter is just for that banner and resets each change, even if it comes back later the count will be at zero. That's the allure of it.

ML banner is an exception I've never seen before

Edit: Oh ok special case. Hope it goes well for you

Last edited:

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
? I'm guessing like any game, a pity counter is just for that banner and resets each change, even if it comes back later the count will be at zero. That's the allure of it.

ML banner is an exception I've never seen before
Alencia banner was up and I was pulling on it and stopped to refresh the shop to get more bookmarks, I took a break to read the thread and read they pulled/delayed the banner because of a bug. So im wondering when they realease Alencia if my pity will remain or reset.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Alencia banner was up and I was pulling on it and stopped to refresh the shop to get more bookmarks, I took a break to read the thread and read they pulled/delayed the banner because of a bug. So im wondering when they realease Alencia if my pity will remain or reset.

Woah, hope the count sticks for you. How long was it up for? Was playing and didn't even notice.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
lt519

It was like 10:03 pm est when i started to pull so at least 3 minutes. There is evidence posted on reddit that some people have her.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Holy shit dude, it gets worse! Alencia can't even take advantage of counter set! Her S2 only procs on HER TURN!

LOL. She's worse than Charles in every conceivable way except durability! Wtf is this?!

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Had a good week in pulls...

Reached hard to get a sixth stone expecting to get another Elson, ended up being my first A.Coli.
Day after I got my second 5 star character on my daily pull and amazingly it was someone I don't have in normal Vildred, highly considering dumping all my unused slates on him for his speed imprint.
Today I pulled ML Ceci with 60 pulls until pity (could be a bad thing depending on who is next, but I doubt they are as good as Ceci)
9 pulls in for new 800 year old dragon.

LOL. She's worse than Charles in every conceivable way except durability! Wtf is this?!

I didn't know Charles could AoE Strip while providing a group defense buff.

They aren't even similar character types, you should be comparing her to ML Ravi and Fire Ken and while she is nowhere near as good as them, they have both been buffed since they came out.

It's pretty obvious since the Korean drama that they don't release overpowered characters anymore, preferring instead to buff after release.... SSB the only limited character released in that timeframe being the sole exception in what... 5-6 months?

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Got Loli dragon in 13 pulls , the first 11 pulls were all 3*, man I was pissed , then an Ulberius showed up (not bad but would prefer her artifact for collection purposes) and the loli

If I knew that would be easy to get her I would try to roll for Krau earlier :/

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
I still think she's strong. In a bruiser meta, being able to AOE strip buffs whilst giving your team defense buffs means you can swing a battle hugely in your favour. Defense break S1 means even without damage you can't ignore her, in any case her S1 does Ravi S3 levels of damage when she has her buff so squishes can get taken out.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
S2 not triggering from a counter and then claiming it's a translation issue is such garbage. Not being able to counter proc is one thing, but to say, after the banner is up btw, "oh ha ha translation error" is complete horse cock.

BumperLips

Dec 2, 2017
Got fucked on the Krau banner cause I misread the time end an hour later and had 20 pulls left.

And now this shit with Alencia. 2020 sucks so far yikes

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Enhance heroes x 3 is not registering for me.
I did it with 3 fodders 2*. Anyone have the same issue ?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
35 pulls for the artifact and Alencia. Haven't gotten a banner artifact in a while and after going pity on ML Lidica it feels good to have some luck on my side. Shouldn't be a problem getting the next new character all while saving skystones for the next new ML.

S2 not triggering from a counter and then claiming it's a translation issue is such garbage. Not being able to counter proc is one thing, but to say, after the banner is up btw, "oh ha ha translation error" is complete horse cock.

Oh, so she can't go S1 -> S2 like Charles can on a counter?

That changes my thoughts on her build entirely.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Woo! Both the artifact and Alencia in 18 pulls.

Sucks about the counter set, but I don't even have a Banshee one shot team so I guess it saves me some trouble even if she won't be as strong as I was hoping she'd be.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
She cannot. The description in English didn't say that. It said that for KR, but English folks all thought it would trigger.

Bummer, seems like it should, especially with all the shenanigans SSB and Charles can do on counters.

Silver lining, I think I may have found a use for all my shitty Effectiveness arena gear that all rolled ER and Effectiveness.

Got fucked on the Krau banner cause I misread the time end an hour later and had 20 pulls left.

And now this shit with Alencia. 2020 sucks so far yikes

I feel like they pulled the Krau banner 2 hours early based on the time they had listed. I don't think you misread it. I was 30 pulls in and was considering going a little harder, went to check, and it was gone.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to drop a few bms on alencia and got her in a few pulls. Very lucky, but I don't know if I want to build her yet. Desire sensor was in full force because I've always liked Krau but didn't get him in about 40-50 pulls, but then got Alecia when I have very little interest.

Right now I'm thinking either Kise or Iseria for my next promotion.

Iseria for the Tamaseria combo, which may be a way to make my Ceci duo actually do bruiserey damage.

Or Kise so that I can have both AColi and Kise sitting in stealth behind a tanky wall. Probably the Ceci duo again.

Neither sound too great, but might be fun to do.

I have tons of time to think anyway, since I don't have the gear to build anyone respectably right now.

Oct 25, 2017
I decided to drop a few bms on alencia and got her in a few pulls. Very lucky, but I don't know if I want to build her yet. Desire sensor was in full force because I've always liked Krau but didn't get him in about 40-50 pulls, but then got Alecia when I have very little interest.

Right now I'm thinking either Kise or Iseria for my next promotion.

Iseria for the Tamaseria combo, which may be a way to make my Ceci duo actually do bruiserey damage.

Or Kise so that I can have both AColi and Kise sitting in stealth behind a tanky wall. Probably the Ceci duo again.

Neither sound too great, but might be fun to do.

I have tons of time to think anyway, since I don't have the gear to build anyone respectably right now.
I've been running double stealth with Kise and Wanda, its a lot of fun to me

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Got really lucky for Alencia, I only had 40 bookmarks (had to go pity for Krau, even though I didn't really needed him...), just 3 pulls ! I managed to get Diene, Iseria, Krau and Alencia, but now I'm completely broke.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Welp, had to pity her. Out of bookmarks and skystones. Didnt get the artifact. Not really sure why I did that. Going to blame it on dismal GSSR/Hokusai luck in FGO.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
This was posted on reddit a few minutes ago

So Alencia can proc minds eye on counter?

Not sure if this was before or after the "patch" but the way he reacts to it makes it sound like after

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
FOMO got me to roll on her even though I know she's mediocre. Only took me 30 rolls, which is about what I expected after having to pity break the last couple banners I rolled on. (Violet and Krau were absolutely worth it and significantly changed how I approach arena and GW strats).

Spent 10m gold and literally all of my wyvern mats making gear for her. She now has what is easily one of my strongest sets of gear. What a shame it is that she won't be able to fully capitalize on it.

Screenshot_20200102-112357.jpg
Oh, Alencia. What am I going to do with you?

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Game is full of weird edge cases like that and they rarely go back and fix them. If you use Champ Zerato and someone else (Charles on Elbris) kills an enemy with a counterattack then C. Zerato will still counterattack the dead enemy where-as if Charles has a follow-up attack after killing an enemy he'll attack a new one. Happens all the time on my Banshee team.

commish

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
FOMO got me to roll on her even though I know she's mediocre. Only took me 30 rolls, which is about what I expected after having to pity break the last couple banners I rolled on. (Violet and Krau were absolutely worth it and significantly changed how I approach arena and GW strats).

Spent 10m gold and literally all of my wyvern mats making gear for her. She now has what is easily one of my strongest sets of gear. What a shame it is that she won't be able to fully capitalize on it.

Screenshot_20200102-112357.jpg
Oh, Alencia. What am I going to do with you?

Why would you spend so many resources gearing a character you think sucks so much? FWIW I don't think she sucks at all. Then again, I tend to find much use out of characters ppl think suck.

Laiza

Oct 25, 2017
Because I'm not a pure metaslave and I know she'll get buffed down the line anyway. I still want to actually try her out as much as I am able.

Did the same for units like Faithless Lidica and pre-buff Luluca and Lilibet. Not sure why anyone ever got the impression that I won't use mediocre units.

Status
Not open for further replies.