• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Chrono

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
It can be considered as such, if you purchase the monthly pass! (Which I don't, at least not anymore.)

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
How many people here bought the epic pass despite the changes to it? Still unsure if I should get it or not.
I got it. Iseria and Ceci's costumes are the only ones I'm interested in, so it was worth it to me.

For tank artis, I usually go with Aurius if I'm only bringing one tank. But I've seen some teams bring Adamant Shield on their only tank, which I suppose makes sense if the tank is mainly there to give SSB more bulk.

leehom

Nov 30, 2017
PSHbg2q.jpg

Anyone else part of the 50k sky stone club? Feeling like kouro? from ffbe.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't think I was asking for too much expecting S Rose to get a cooldown reduction on her S3, but apparently I was mistaken.

ML Tywin info:

okita

Oct 25, 2017
Charles Banner , already have him so nothing to roll , curious about next week. Will be Alencia side story? New hero banner?

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Will roll for old man Charles since I don't have him. Pity or not, here I come.
ML Tywin is nice. Definitely counter Basar and cleave with Elena. He's gonna be meta in RTA.

Westlo

Nov 4, 2017
Between the FEH weapon refines and this round of EE.... just disappointing all round since they are really underwhelming.

I'll never expand my waiting room (50 skystones lol) but I have no issue with them stripping characters before you bench them. lol @ people who thought they could stock gear on characters and store them.

I like to level my characters and memory imprint at the same time so I can dump all my Lena, Mirsa's, Colis, Mayas etc I'm eventually going to promote.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Yep. That's the main point of WR. Stick those 4* characters you may one day promote/use once you get five dupes.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
ML Tywin seems like a good PvP deterrent for defense but if you already have Lilias than the only cleavers hitting you are A Lots and he doesn't do a whole lot against A Lots. Probably better for RTA but I think I might pull what I have and then pass.

He is going to be nasty with a Elena with Mag tome on offense against all those Basar defenses. Set up an easy cleave for you.

ML Tywin/Elena(Mag)/Attack Buffer/Ludwig?

Regret not pulling for Elena, oh well.

Last edited:

cw_sasuke

Oct 27, 2017
Ofc we get Charles the second i went all out for Alencia heh.
Good update - ML Tywin looks boss. Not that i will ever own him...but regular Tywin was the MVP Arena unit on my old account.

Gonna focus on working on a W11 team now and save up resources again so i can be ready for the next limited unit. With Alencia as a bruiser i have most mayor roles filled with good units now, good point to slow down with the pulls.

Started my first couple Raid runs....lets just say, not having SS Bellona anymore resulted in quite the reality shock. Obv. my units and gear isnt anywhere near as good as on my old...but i think missing SSB is the biggest downgrade.

Im gonna try to make Alencia/Diene/A.Momo and Lorina work for Raids.

Uthred

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'd like Charles but blew all my resources on Alencia. Sigret's EE seems a bit lacklustre. Which is unfortunate as I'd like to make more use of her.

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
ML Tywin looks cool, I'm way short of mystic pity though(2.7k mystics). I'll likely just throw mystics randomly at the banner depending on covenant 5*, with 4 regular Tywins sitting around my inventory he'd be an easy promote too.

Will roll Charles, lack of pity got me last time.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
The EEs felt lackluster overall this time around.

I absolutely sucked in GW today. Just poor team selections across the board.

Alkez

Knights of Favonius World Tour '21
Oct 25, 2017
The EEs felt lackluster overall this time around.

I absolutely sucked in GW today. Just poor team selections across the board.
I think Achates' S3 one is really good. It won't entice people to use her but for the people who do (I am one of them) it's a good boost. You can either reduce your eff res, which is nice because her base health is really low, or just have her as an eff res monster. Basically Montmo with better aoe heals, which is what I personally use her to be.

Shadow Rose's are pretty bad though which is a shame. Such a cool design but no real place in the game. The S2 one is good, but the S3 ones are really lackluster. I'm still tempted to promote her because I want another knight that can CR push, but it feels a little like a handicap.

I also lost to that Lilias Krau team (literally by 1 hit) so don't feel too bad. It's a random ass team lol.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
I also lost to that Lilias Krau team (literally by 1 hit) so don't feel too bad. It's a random ass team lol.

I mis-played and picked a bad team unfortunately, I brought A Ravi who got one turn in before getting wiped by Krau's S3. Despite that I still almost won until I had SSB vs Krau/Lilias and both Krau and Lilias were at less than 10% health and then Lilias frickin provoked my SSB so I couldn't kill Krau and then Lilias lapped me for two double attacks and ended it.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not even sure why Lilias has a provoke on her S2. Isn't her kit packed enough already? Full party cleanse, AoE def break, CR push, self barrier, and guaranteed dual attack with no prep required.

And then someone is like "let's give her a provoke too".

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I'm still not even sure why Lilias has a provoke on her S2. Isn't her kit packed enough already? Full party cleanse, AoE def break, CR push, self barrier, and guaranteed dual attack with no prep required.

And then someone is like "let's give her a provoke too".
She doesn't have AoE def break. Her S2 is to control them from using their S3. I wished it was something else besides provoke.

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
Stuck for a while now on Abyss 81. Any advices to butcher Shuri and his (bugged) minions?
I'm trying with AMomo, Ken, C.Lorina, Diene but can't get beyond 1/4 of health remaining.

Chainshada

Oct 25, 2017
50 mystic summons short of pity, so if I don't get Fallen Cece I'll likely get ML Tywin. Got Ken from my daily summon, I also have a rule where if I get a flash on my daily I keep summoning til I no flash..Got Luluca too.

Moral Panic

Oct 28, 2017
Loenna has a bottom of the barrel design lol.
Am on holiday and forgot to do GW before maintenance now the game wants to download half a gig and I don't have wifi. Sorry to my fellow guild members.

StarStorm

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I joined the 121 club for Charles. I'm broke on skystones. If there is a limited banner right after Charles, won't have anything to roll on it.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
Another banner. Another pity. That's five in a row. 3000 bookmarks, poof. That's gacha.

oh, and they doubled the price of the BOGO packs while simultaneously implementing a storage system that literally breaks your game if you put in a tutorial character.

just makes me laff

Last edited:

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
Thanks to Alencia refund, I got Charles and have 900 bm left. My rule is to never get under 600 bm so I can pity anything in case there's a new character I really want.

Not sure how I wanna gear Charles. Was thinking immunity/counter but seems like speed + immunity/crit is also popular. For those who use him, how did you gear him?

Rokuren

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Went to pity on Charles then accidentally clicked the 4-5* ticket instead of grabbing the galaxy marks, got rose..

Vinimaw

Oct 28, 2017
With the datamine info... Won't be able to go for Charles, Yufine and Loenna. I'll have to wait for more info on Loenna hopefully next week.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
Is the store still the best way to get bookmarks? The rate seems terrible these days

Last collaborative effort on reddit to asses store rates puts Bookmarks at about 5 covenant (1 pull) per 75-100 skystones (~4% rate) and 50 mystic (1 pull) per 270-300 skystones (1.2% rate).

Matches up with my re-rolling of 17,000+ skystones for ML Lidica.

But yeah they stealth nerfed it from when they originally put Mystic Medals in the store by about half a few months ago and could do so again at any time.

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
So it's better to buy Bookmarks with skystones directly to save the gold.

It's a toss up for covenant depending on your luck (you could end up on the low range of 750 sky stones or on the high end for 1000) if you are rolling for covenants you might get mystics along the way and the SS is also really good place to find Level 85 epic gear. Ultimately depends on what currency you value more. It's super expensive in gold to pay your way through a pity and halts all other progress.

If you go on a binge like I did for Mystic Medals you'll run across a ton of good gear and pick up some covenants along the way.

Here's the reddit post with pre-nerf and post-nerf data.

Ducarmel

Oct 25, 2017
It's a toss up for covenant depending on your luck (you could end up on the low range of 750 sky stones or on the high end for 1000) if you are rolling for covenants you might get mystics along the way and the SS is also really good place to find Level 85 epic gear. Ultimately depends on what currency you value more. It's super expensive in gold to pay your way through a pity and halts all other progress.

If you go on a binge like I did for Mystic Medals you'll run across a ton of good gear and pick up some covenants along the way.

Here's the reddit post with pre-nerf and post-nerf data.

That same guy made a more recent post on this claiming to pool more data and could not or would not confidently conclude there was a nerf.

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
New blue girl looks kinda... rote? Like they slapped as much fanservice as possible in one package.

I wonder if she'll be a super OP unit, or the bait before some super OP unit later.

Thanks to Alencia refund, I got Charles and have 900 bm left. My rule is to never get under 600 bm so I can pity anything in case there's a new character I really want.

Not sure how I wanna gear Charles. Was thinking immunity/counter but seems like speed + immunity/crit is also popular. For those who use him, how did you gear him?
He's surprisingly hard to gear because his base attack is kinda low. A lot of his counters can come from Elbris, so a counter set isn't mandatory on him. I didn't give him my best gear either.

Mine is something like 2.4 atk, 1.1k def, 13k hp, 190 spd, 98% crit and 180% crit damage.

I went speed/crit on him at the cost of his own damage output because I run him with SSB, and I decided that most of the party's damage should come from her. I wanted him fast to put up his S3 buff early, preferably before I got hit with unbuffable by enemy SSBs, and to shield himself since he doesn't have much bulk. He doesn't do that much damage by himself, but he does do enough to kill now and then after someone has been pelted by SSB stuff a few times.

I'd prefer much more crit damage on him, but my gear doesn't allow it. Personally I think my Charles is pretty mediocre the way he is right now.

His S2 dispel is also incredibly useful, especially against all the Maid Chloe teams out there.

Last edited:

lt519

Oct 25, 2017
That same guy made a more recent post on this claiming to pool more data and could not or would not confidently conclude there was a nerf.

Yeah, tough to tell. Important thing is that even though the law of large numbers might settle on something your own 2000 pulls could swing 1% either way in lucky or unlucky so you could really be in a 200-400 stone per Mystic range and 50-100 covenant range.

Einbroch

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think it's a nerf, but I think there is something funky with the RNG. You go on streaks on 100+ refreshes and no BM and then get 7/15 refreshes with BMs.

Normally that's just RNG being RNG but it happen way too often to too many people.

Yam's

Oct 27, 2017
New blue girl looks kinda... rote? Like they slapped as much fanservice as possible in one package.

I wonder if she'll be a super OP unit, or the bait before some super OP unit later.

He's surprisingly hard to gear because his base attack is kinda low. A lot of his counters can come from Elbris, so a counter set isn't mandatory on him. I didn't give him my best gear either.

Mine is something like 2.4 atk, 1.1k def, 13k hp, 190 spd, 98% crit and 180% crit damage.

I went speed/crit on him at the cost of his own damage output because I run him with SSB, and I decided that most of the party's damage should come from her. I wanted him fast to put up his S3 buff early, preferably before I got hit with unbuffable by enemy SSBs, and to shield himself since he doesn't have much bulk. He doesn't do that much damage by himself, but he does do enough to kill now and then after someone has been pelted by SSB stuff a few times.

I'd prefer much more crit damage on him, but my gear doesn't allow it. Personally I think my Charles is pretty mediocre the way he is right now.

His S2 dispel is also incredibly useful, especially against all the Maid Chloe teams out there.

Gonna go with Elbris too. Ideally I want him to be this scary hard hitting tank I often come across in GWs, but yeah it's gonna take time to find the correct gear. My main issue being having a correct balance between crit chance and damage...

I wish free equipment was permanent ><

Chopchop

Oct 25, 2017
Ended up pulling to pity on Diene. My "random" pulls took me to maybe 40 before pity, so I was like eh, why not.

Maybe her buff will be what lets me survive those pelt fests from res + ssb + Lilias comps.

Gonna go with Elbris too. Ideally I want him to be this scary hard hitting tank I often come across in GWs, but yeah it's gonna take time to find the correct gear. My main issue being having a correct balance between crit chance and damage...

I wish free equipment was permanent ><
It's kind of the same issue as SSB. All the ones who hit like trucks only have like 10k hp, and the ones who aren't so damaging have much higher HP values. Charles is the same - every hard hitting Charles you see is either squishy or slow. You have to pick your tradeoff when gearing him. Mine definitely relies on his damage buff to do decent damage.

It's also surprisingly hard to get him over 3k attack without sacrificing a lot of other stats.

If it helps, I suspect Charles doesn't need 100% crit rate because his role is mainly to randomly sneak in damage. You'll likely never rely on it to kill because his damage is a bit random by nature. It's not like Yufine or AColi where you're really banking on that one big hit to crit.

Status
Not open for further replies.